PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!

zela
11-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Well here is my story. I have been lifting on and off since new years when I decided it was time to get in shape and lose some extra baggage and get back into sports. In the beginning I learned about lifting from various internet websites but never really knew that I didn't know what I was doing till I found this site about 2 months ago.

Now I have been regularly lifting for the last month and a half using the WBB routine 1. I am not using any supplements and never have but I am thinking about trying that protein stuff. I was currently in the process of trying to "cut" a little because I feel like I can't bulk when I have extra fat around my lower belly and around the thighs.

Please give me some advice on wheter to lose the fat and than bulk or something else that you feel can be right for me. Also some advice on using protein supplements would really help!

Also any BF% estimates?

Built
11-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Nice shape through your chest, keep working the delts and back.

What is your diet like, and what has your progress been - you gaining or losing? Your lifts going up?

zela
11-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Nice shape through your chest, keep working the delts and back.

What is your diet like, and what has your progress been - you gaining or losing? Your lifts going up?

I tried to record some of my stuff on fitday and this is what I got for a average.

Average Calories
grams cals %total
Total: 2476
Fat: 130 1172 48%
Sat: 59 528 21%
Poly: 13 120 5%
Mono: 35 316 13%
Carbs: 169 658 27%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 157 628 26%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Right now I'm probably eating around 1800-2000 calories and the protein intake has dropped because I haven't been eating as much dairy products but I still keep up with my meats! Some people here might not like hearing this but I don't really want to bulk up too much because I play soccer and I lift for soccer, strength, and just to improve my looks. It isn't really about body building to be huge like most people here, although I plan on that when I get a little older.

As far as the lifts, they are slowly going up. I try to increase the weight between every set to push myself and every 2 weeks I try to raise the weight by 5 or 10 lbs.

I didn't mention, my back is lagging very much, the legs are decent I'm keeping up with the squats and thats about it. I just don't like my back and my stomach.

zela
11-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I know the picture is bad quality but any estimates on my BF % and what I need to drop it down to! Please :(

Rock Steady
11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I know the picture is bad quality but any estimates on my BF % and what I need to drop it down to! Please :(

I don't think good picture quality is needed when you're 6'1 and under 170. You should be gaining weight. I expect my comment will be echoed by several other WBB members.

Best of luck!

zela
11-15-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't think good picture quality is needed when you're 6'1 and under 170. You should be gaining weight. I expect my comment will be echoed by several other WBB members.

Best of luck!

Well I definetly hope a few more people critisize me. No feelings will be hurt even if I'm told I need to get heavier :)