PDA

View Full Version : water, vitamins/minerals, fiber relative to food intake

jdeity
11-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm unsure of how to approach this. When I up my calories, should I keep vitamins/minerals, water, and fiber about the same, or increase them with the calories? Like, if I upped calories by 25%, would I increase the 3 aforementioned nutrients by 25%, leave them the same, or reduce them (maybe reduce multivit as i'd be getting more from food, but then maybe i'd need more vits for processing the food.... confused).

jdeity
11-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm thinking i'd up the fiber, probably up the water a little, but am especially unsure about whether i'd need more or less vitamins/minerals.

Holto
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm thinking I'd up the fiber, probably up the water a little.

This makes sense to me.

but am especially unsure about whether I'd need more or less vitamins/minerals.

Unless the calories you are adding are empty then you could likely decrease the vitamins and minerals. I wouldn't though unless you are getting to many fat soluble vitamins somewhere.

jdeity
11-14-2006, 02:18 PM
killer. thanks holto

russianwol
11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
You are also probably peeing out most of the vitamins you take in a multi :)

jdeity
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
You are also probably peeing out most of the vitamins you take in a multi :)
highly dependent upon doses of vits, ratios, etc, but ya a bunch gets peed out. Of course, that's no reason not to take one!

Holto
11-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Children in 3rd world countries wish they could excrete vitamins.

jdeity
11-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Children in 3rd world countries wish they could excrete vitamins.
:confused:

reloaded
11-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Related question - it's prolly a good idea to take say a multivitamin and/or some type of stimulant to off set the effect of a cut in terms of energy and nutrition right?

jdeity
11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
yes. Dieting means less nutrients in, so a multi is definitely good. Diet pills (although premade formulas are typically overpriced, just the basic ingredients are all ya need) will help keep your metabolism higher when dieting, and keep energy up a little.