PDA

View Full Version : trainer

CBrons
11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
A chiropractors assistant at the clinic I used to go to was an amateur bodybuilder who would spend 4 months prior to a competition dieting down and training. He said his meal plan was devised by a former pro bodybuilder who is now a trainer. I was wondering where I might find a professional like this to devise both a cutting and bulking meal plan for me along with a supplement regimen. Any ideas on how I might find this?

Unreal
11-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Phonebook or a local gym.

CBrons
11-14-2006, 12:51 PM
isnt there any online listing or any people on this forum that specialize in bodybuilding nutrition that offer their services for a fee.. of course..

Holto
11-14-2006, 02:03 PM
I personally think you will get better advice here.

By better I mean safer. The most common pre-contest diet is chicken and broccoli.

They start this about 6 weeks out. I had a friend who was a rep for a nutrition company. A natural competitor. He did nothing but chicken and sweet potatoes for 5 weeks.

All the different variations of this concept are extremely unhealthy, but then again getting into contest shape is going to take some sacrificing.

CBrons
11-14-2006, 02:53 PM
any other suggestions

Holto
11-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Beverly international is pretty well respected for the advice they give for contest diets.

Just don't be surprised when they reco chicken and broccoli 5xday.

What class are you competing in?

Are you natural?

Holto
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Apparently, thanks to Dan and Chris, you can ask this guy:

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=88112

Slim Schaedle
11-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Beverly international is pretty well respected for the advice they give for contest diets.

Just don't be surprised when they reco chicken and broccoli 5xday.

What class are you competing in?

Are you natural?
I know quite a few guys who have done competitions and gone through Beverly for their precontest.

It helps that one (if not the the only other one than in California) locations is accross the river in Kentucky.

However, get ready to spend boatloads on their recommended supplements that are built into the plan. (they pretty much say that you "have" to take them)

For someone that doesn't know how to substitute other options or doesn't know any better, they will be spending a crap load.

CBrons
11-14-2006, 11:47 PM
isnt there an online directory or someone who specializes in taking your current measurements as far as your weight, height etc. who can devise a good meal and supplement regimen?

Slim Schaedle
11-15-2006, 06:21 AM
isnt there an online directory or someone who specializes in taking your current measurements as far as your weight, height etc. who can devise a good meal and supplement regimen?
Anything based strictly on height and weight is a crock of sh** in my opinion.

That is what the Body Mass Index" (BMI) relys on, and according to it, I am Class I obesity.

Anthony
11-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I was wondering where I might find a professional like this to devise both a cutting and bulking meal plan for me along with a supplement regimen. Any ideas on how I might find this?

Option 1) read everything on this forum.

Option 2) give John Berardi a call.

Both options will give you the same advice, the difference being one will take a lot of time and one will take a lot of money. Your call.