PDA

View Full Version : low carbs????????

Thefool1
02-08-2002, 09:33 PM
What is the benefit of eating low carbs and than loading up on carbs at another period.........does this benefit if you are trying put on mass(muscle), or is it mainly a cutting technique..................:help:

therhoads
02-09-2002, 08:21 AM
The CKD is mainly used as a cutting diet. If you go several days without carbs, your workouts will suck (No energy). Therefore, some people use the cyclical method to replenish carbs occasionally so they can workout more effectively.

For example, Carb-up on Saturday will provide energy for Sun., Mon., and Tuesday's wokouts. Then, on Friday a tough workout when you carbs are at their lowest will burn a lot of fat. Finally, you are ready to carb-up again...

aeckhardt
02-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Yeah but refeeds can also be used in diets that are not as low carbs. The refeeds are used mostly to restore leptin levels.

I would only go low carbs while cutting. Your best bet when trying to put on mass is to eat carbs.

syntekz
02-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by therhoads
The CKD is mainly used as a cutting diet.

Don't get CKD confused as being the ONLY low-carb diet.

therhoads
02-10-2002, 10:01 AM
SyntekZ, you are right, CKD is more of a "NO" Carb Diet. It is what I am going through right now so it is fresh in my mind. It is a biatch but I want to see the results ASAP. I believe if I go no carb I will see results quicker than with just a low carb diet. Plus I believe the low carb diet leaves you feeling tired all the time. At least with CKD you get a weekly load up.