PDA

View Full Version : 1st picture before working out, need critique, be kind!

JDiesel
11-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I Intro'd myself in the newbie check-in area but didnt get much response so heres a bit about me from the newbie check-in.

Basic Bio - 21 y/o, Male, 6'0", currently 180lbs. Medium build, not over weight, but not skinny. Basically my only trouble area is probably around my waist. Other then that I'd say I'm happy with my body. My Bicepts are about 13-13.5" with some definition. I'd say I like my shoulders the most since their still a decent size from previously weight training.

Goal - My overall goal is to gain more weight, but the right way. Right now Im not really concerned with being defined or male modelish looking. I'm basically looking to have more mass. I'd like to bulk my shoulders, arms (upper and lower), back, and neck up more...while at the same time working on my stomach. Being 180 right now I'm happy with, I think I'd like to be about 205-215 but have a larger pysich. I'm not sure whether Im asking to much or maybe underestimating how large I could be? If I'd have to give a role model body shape Im looking for Its more along the lines of Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" or Michael Duncan, who both have more of a Body Builder size rather then a defined and sculpted look.

History - Not a whole lot of weight training history. Played sports through highschool year round but never really Lifted weights. Around 2004ish I started Lifting with a friend for about 6-8 months straight, 3-4 times a week, doing shoulder, legs, bicept, chest, arms. Didnt really get to big, but I probably felt in the best shape that I can remember and I really felt alot stronger then when I had started out. I'd like to get that feeling again.

Basically looking for your Input. I'v seen alot of articles and Journals on what to eat, weight training regiments. I actually saw "Supermans" and was very Impressed in the 6 month gain from 155lbs to 200lbs. Very Inspirational, though I dont see how I could eat the amount he did. I'v got a feeling I will be using alot of supplements like Whey and Creatine to help get me there, possibly some weight gainer. What do you guys have to say, what should my goals be?

My goal is to bulk and Lift hard and heavy until March and try to get to about 215lb, Then come March-April start cutting hard for summer. I got some GNC Pro performance 2200 weight gainer to help with the goal. I know Its not the best way but It is very hard for me to eat alot. I try to stuff my face but I get full very quickly for some reason. Anyways hopefully you can point out some areas I need to work on to get to my goals. I'm planning on using the WBB1 routine, is that the best route to take?

Remember this is my first pick, I havent worked out in over 2 years and I'm Just now geting back in to this. 11-14-06, 6'0", 180lbs.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1059/111406180lbsbj5.png (http://imageshack.us)

WBBIRL
11-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Track your cals and find your maintance. Try to not gain anything for two weeks to find this number. Once you have the cals you need to maintain weight then go ahead and add about %25-30 to start with and let it go for a month and see where your at. Lift heavy, compound movements. Also, to alter your physique as much as it seems you want to, your going to have to gain about 50-60 pounds which is possible but will be hard and will take 2-3 years possibly.

Anthony
11-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Please read: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=87740

Bohizzle
11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
u get 5 points! lol

FuzzzyMan
11-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Who unlocked this?!?! I wanted to beat Bohizzle and award the points! :P

JD, remember that supplements are just that. Once I realized this and really focused on eating I started racking up the pounds. Im naturally lean and dont have much of an appetite, so if I can go from 6' and 120lbs to ~170lbs I'm sure you can reach your goals. Track your calories and make food your friend. Once you start scarfing food down you will become accustomed to it. Good luck.

JDiesel
11-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys, I talked to anthony and explained my situation. I wanna clear up the assumption that I was looking for an ego boost. In no way was I by posting a picture of my body, Im actually ashamed of mine compared to others on the board, hence the reason I blanked my face out. I Just thought It would give people a better Idea of my current build to offer suggestions on what type of Lift and what the best routine would be to follow for the look I plan to achieve. Like I previously mentioned Im looking to put on weight and not have the chiseld greek statue look, Im looking for the bulky look. I will try the calorie tracking technique and work from there while continuing to search. Thanks folks.

Levantar
11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Please read: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=44529

JDiesel
11-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks, I read, It says to not ask questions in new member forum, so can I ask them here since this is member pics? JK, sheesh no sense of humor round here....I'll be sure to direct my questions else where in the correct areas.

Levantar
11-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks, I read, It says to not ask questions in new member forum, so can I ask them here since this is member pics? JK, sheesh no sense of humor round here....I'll be sure to direct my questions else where in the correct areas.
I was refering to what the poster I quoted had written, not to you. What you did was "by the book" as far as the rules in the new member forum state. How you went about your thread here was fine....I was defending you I guess. lol anyway welcome!

JDiesel
11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
oh sorry thanks....hehe misunderstood...kinda was on the defense, I dont wanna be "that guy"...I'm Just new, excited about working out and being healthy and am here to seek your knowledge....but I see where some folks are coming from...

I'm on a Jeep forum and have a good bit of experience with Jeeps and 4 wheeling and I know how annoying It can be when the newbs come and ask the same questions over and over again!

JDiesel
11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
So which is the best work out to follow to achieve my goals of geting huge while bulking, WBB#1? From previous research I'v found It better to do less reps more weight, how many sets and such though. I'm up for any routine. So link or post what you have in mind. I'm looking to work out 3 days a week with a rest between each day...Im thinking Sun, Tues, and Thurs around 8pm.

Also for alot of weight reps how do you know how much is to much or how much is to little....trial and error?

Bohizzle
11-14-2006, 10:38 PM
I was refering to what the poster I quoted had written, not to you. What you did was "by the book" as far as the rules in the new member forum state. How you went about your thread here was fine....I was defending you I guess. lol anyway welcome!
the "member" u were defending him against is a moderator and was joking around, lighten up.

Andrew

Levantar
11-15-2006, 12:50 AM
the "member" u were defending him against is a moderator and was joking around, lighten up.

Andrew
Lighten up? That would go against my goals for lifting......:strong: .