PDA

View Full Version : Teach me to cut

KingJustin
11-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah I know there's stickies and information all over the place here. I'm doing some stuff that makes some of the advice a little tough, though.

First, I'm doing a 2 week cut, 3-4 week bulk cycle. I'm repeating this all year. I do a great job of adding on lean muscle with very minimal fat gain during my bulks, and when I cut I want to lose as much fat as possible without losing just about any muscle.

Second, I'm very active when I both bulk and cut (I workout 7-9x a week). I think this helps me stay lean because my metabolism is always pretty good, but I can't just "up my cardio" when I cut or I'll really overtrain. Even cutting back calories to a great degree may lead to overtraining in my case.

My body weight is 230 right now. I'm on creatine. I'm going to start my third attempt at a cut next Monday. What should I do differently from bulking? Here's my bulking diet if that helps:
Breakfast: 3 scoops oatmeal, 1 scoop whey, 1 serving natty peanut butter
Lunch 1: Protein Bar
Lunch 2: 2 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches with wheat bread
Lunch 3: Egg & Cheese Omelet
(Sometimes I replace 1-2 of these lunches with a Subway Sub and/or Tortelini)
Pre-Workout: Small Bowl of Complete Cereal, 1 scoop whey
Post-Workout: 1 scoop whey, big glass V8 Fusion or Grape Juice
20 mins later: Cottage Cheese
35 mins later: Nitrean with Olive Oil
45 mins later: Chicken
Dinner: 3 eggs, 1/2 bagel
Before Bed: Casein Shake with Olive Oil

I drink about a gallon of milk and a lot of water throughout the day as well.

This comes out to about 5,000 calories in a split of around 33%/33%/33%. I have been putting on about 1.5 lbs/week with this.

Thanks for any help.

Unreal
11-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Come on Justin, this is covered almost daily. Read Built's cutting guide. 10% or so under maintence, 1g/LBM protein .5g/LBM fat, and fill the rest with whatever makes you comfortable.