PDA

View Full Version : Why slow bulk?

AzBboy
11-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi. I was reading bulking threads and wondering, what is the point of a slow bulk?, or bulks where you aim for a pound or less a week? How can it minimize fat gain, if you're eating JUST BARELY above maintenance, aren't you also minimizing muscle gain?? Isn't it a little farfetched to think that just cus you are in a very slight cal surplus that every extra cal will go directly towards muscle building and nothing else?? In the long run, aren't you gaining just as much fat and muscle as a regular bulk, except at a much slowerrrrrrrr pace?? Just my thoughts, love to hear yours!

Unreal
11-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Yes you are minimizing muscle gain, but that is the downside you are choosing to limit fat gain. If you do it correctly then most of the excess should be partioned towards muscle, and not fat.

Stumprrp
11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Im not a fan of slow bulks, eat and train your brains off and dont worry about your abs going away, slow bulks your lucky to put on 5 lbs of lbm in like 5 months. when i did mine i put on 20 lbs, 10 lbs of lbm and probley 8 lbs of fat, in 2-3 months.

Holto
11-15-2006, 10:50 AM
If you aren't an experienced bulker I strongly recommend a slow bulk. If after executing it properly you think you can do a more aggresive bulk then go for it.

If you start with an aggressive bulk and gain 3lbs of fat per lb of muscle you will be very dissapointed.