PDA

View Full Version : Starting a bulk...

EvanH
11-15-2006, 01:22 PM
I would like to start a clean bulk. The "bulk" that I did before was pretty much eating everything in sight. It worked to a point, but the majority of the weight I gained was fat. This time I'd like to keep it as even as I can get it between fat and muscle gain. I have a maintenance of around 3000 cal/day so I was thinking starting my bulk at oh say around 3500cal/day maybe a little more?

So hear comes the fun part... anyone wanna help me make up a meal plan :D What am I looking for in the foods? Should they be high in protein and low in fat? I am looking to spread it out over maybe 5 meals a day 2 of those beings protein shakes. Also, should I start my bulk before I start my new routine (baby got back) or should I start them together? Thanks for all advice in advance

I am currently 5'11" 190lbs. I am looking to bulk to 205 and I would like to do this by early Feb so I can start the cut for spring ^_^

RedSpikeyThing
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Read "what a bodybuilder eats" in the stickies. There is no need to eat low fat and in fact it is unhealthy to do so. If you want to start your bulk and ne routine at the same time, go ahead. It really doesn't matter.

If you gained a lot of fat last time, you were eating too much. 3500 sounds like a reasonable place to start. Track and you'll be sure to eat that much. Good luck!

EvanH
11-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks alot. Do you think it would be easier if I made something like a menu at the beginning of each week? It would prolly save time >_> eh?

Unreal
11-15-2006, 02:50 PM
If that works for you, sure.