PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins...

crazedwombat
11-16-2006, 06:35 AM
I just started a real cut for the first time in a year and a half. I went extreme last time and to this day I still cant eat tuna. Trying to do it right this time around so doing a week of fit day and measuring out.

I work and I travel for work as a consultant, so I realistically only get 3 meals a day, I used to just pack 6 or 7 small meals and eat throughout the day but that cant happen since I live out of a hotel. I am being really conscious about what I eat. Yesterday was my first day of fitday and heres what I have

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 2407
Fat: 103 928 40%
Sat: 34 310 13%
Poly: 15 134 6%
Mono: 41 370 16%
Carbs: 187 680 29%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 180 720 31%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I'm training for my PT cert and I want to look the part and not look like the fresh off the block guy who doesnt practice what he preaches.

I'm 6'3, 250lbs, I want to drop 30 lbs in 5 months. I dont think that's unreasonable. The last time I cut, without losing muscle was 15lbs in 2 months. It might have been minor size loss but I didnt lose any strength.

my current maintenance is 3000 cals, I'm using a deficit when i'm working since I cant lift and then days I'm at home and can lift (about 3 a week) I will eat my maintanence and rely on my lifting to do its work for me to equal the days I dont work out. I'm hoping that'll maintain the optimal muscle keepage while still dropping weight. Thoughts?

As for my fitday break down, I'll be keeping track and I know I'm not eating enough protein. I'm working on fixing that. but otherwise, where should I cut down on in order to keep the deficit? if I go by .5 /lb bw, then 125, which means I'd have to bring in more cals. For the moment I'm going to just try to equal the 250g of protein, then I'll try to get higher. I guess to balance I have to cut more carbs.

Supps I'm taking

Will be starting on creatine again this weekend.
Megamen multi vit
Fish oil capsules
green tea extract 1-2g a day
pure ephedra when I work out.

Am I on the right track with everything?

Unreal
11-16-2006, 07:19 AM
It is .5g of fat and 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass, not body weight. Second, if you use travel or hotels as an excuse, then your just being lazy. I went out of town for nearly 2 weeks and had no issue continueing a diet and eating my meals. The room I was in had alittle fridge, so I would goto the store at night and get a few tubs of cottage cheese, nuts, jerkey. I also brought a large bag of nitrean with me. If you want it is easy to stay clean and on your routine.

crazedwombat
11-16-2006, 09:03 AM
yea I know its possible, one I dont get a mini fridge, maybe one week of the month I do. I can bring protein powder with me and it's probably what I'll do from here on out. I just started this week so didnt have any with me when I came this week. Also, I wasnt using traveling as an excuse on the diet, I meant it as an excuse for working out. Most hotels only have cardio and I've already checked the area, there's no gym downtown (golds closed 2 months before I started coming here). I dont get a rental car so I'm stuck on that. besides BW exercises, I cant lift while I travel. Which is why I said 3 days when I'm at home I can lift at the gym.

As for lbm and not bw, that makes more sense. Thanks.

Also, on an off topic note, I never noticed before but your location...if you take out the comma...

Unreal
11-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Yes I am a Slut. As for gyms, I've been able to find one just about any town I've been in. I was stuck in alittle podunk town in Texas for a week, but I asked some locals and it turned out there was a place attached to some doctors office where people worked out. Cost me $5 a day to get in, but I didn't care. Had a bunch of free weights and a power rack so I was happy.

crazedwombat
11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
then find me a gym in downtown Indianapolis. Because not only myself but several other people have been looking for it. I find it really odd that there would be none but in the district I'm in, there's not. I am aware of one that's a bit too far walking distance in order to be on time for work. It doesnt help that I work from 7-7 on my work day. Obviously there's time before work to go or very late after work (you have to play politics for dinner) and that'd be fine if there was one easily gotten too.

However since diet is 80% of weightloss, That's something I can control. and I'll still get in 3 days a week at the gym which is good. Also, the hotels do offer cardio machines so I do some HIIT training.

The problem with the gyms are that in my part of town its all work and restuarants. no one lives in the vicinity and no one wants to go into downtown to work out when other gyms are outside the city. So the golds didnt do well. I'm sure some work places have gyms in the workplace but I'm not allowed in and surprisingly the state building I work across from is huge but doesnt have a gym.