PDA

View Full Version : Maybe overdoing it?

EvanH
11-16-2006, 01:11 PM
So I have started my bulk and I was looking for some advice on my post workout shake. Right now it is 900 calories about 100g of protein. This seems a little much. What do you think? My daily calorie intake is aroun 3500.

Holto
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
As long as you are getting nutrients all day and especially before bed I don't see a problem.

Another thought is to have a pre or during workout shake.

EvanH
11-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I would do a pre or during workout shake but I am lactose intolerant. The milk in the shake would give me some nasty gas and the runs :P

ianewilson
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm lactose intolerant as well. I can eat ice cream and have yoghurt but large amounts of milk don't treat me well. I buy the lactose free stuff at the grocery store. I've tried all of the soy, rice, and other types of milk but the lactose free stuff actually tastes like real milk. I don't know if this stuff would work for you.

EvanH
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm lactose intolerant as well. I can eat ice cream and have yoghurt but large amounts of milk don't treat me well. I buy the lactose free stuff at the grocery store. I've tried all of the soy, rice, and other types of milk but the lactose free stuff actually tastes like real milk. I don't know if this stuff would work for you.

I'll have to give that a try. I love whole milk so much :'( It sucks not being able to drink it. I do take pills for it but they only lessen the effects.

ianewilson
11-16-2006, 01:36 PM
I tried the pills myself and they worked for about a week for me. I couldn't live without my milk. I go through almost 2 litres a day.

betastas
11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I would do a pre or during workout shake but I am lactose intolerant. The milk in the shake would give me some nasty gas and the runs :P

Why don't you just not use milk?

:windup:

EvanH
11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Why don't you just not use milk?

:windup:

No

Mercuryblade
11-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I tried the pills myself and they worked for about a week for me. I couldn't live without my milk. I go through almost 2 litres a day.

That either means you need to take more pills or you're not lactose intolerant. The reason you are lactose intolerant is because your body doesn't produce sufficient quantities of an enzyme, lactaid and other pills are that enzyme. They don't only work for some poeple, its not that kind of pill. If you aren't getting the desired affects, then you aren't taking enough.

ianewilson
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
I understand the theory behind the pills and lactose intolerance. When it got to the point that I had to exceed the reccomended dose of the pills to avoid the severe stomach cramps and pains, I decided to try lactose free milk instead. It has been great and I don't think I'll go back to the pills.