PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 65

aweickert
11-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Saturday is coming quick and I just was wondering who is going to win this weekend on UFC 65. The big fights are:

Hughes vs St. Pierre

Sylvia vs Monson

So, what's everybody's predictions?

Reala
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
VERY, VERY hard to call this one.

I think George Saint Pierre will win the Hughes fight, BJ Penn dominated both Matt Hughes and George Saint Pierre in my opinion. However if you look at the Hughes fight BJ dominated Hughes a heck of a lot more, he was literally beating him about and totally killed his jujitsu. GSP may not have had a very good fight with him, but I think GSP was much more evenly matched, so much so they cancelled each other out. The thing is, GSP can win in my opinion only by choke or knockout, I can't see Hughes being put in an armbar. Where as I can see Hughes submitting GSP a heck of a lot more likely. So I will go for GSP to win a decision.

As for 'The Snowman' I think he will beat Tim Silvia. Yeah, call me a sucker for under dogs, which I am. But I think Tim Silvia is the most boring guy I have ever watched fight. I can tell you his game plan already "Jab, Cross", "Jab Cross", "High Kick". I think Monson will take him down, beat the crap out of his head on the floor and set him up for a good old fashioned rear naked choke if he doesn't finish it with repeated blows to the head. An important thing to remember is Monson has never been stopped before... not by knockout... and all Siliva does is knock people out (poorly).

So... two new champions I think :hump:

x1986x
11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
St. Pierre over Hughes. Rush will pummel Hughes... I don't know how closely you follow UFC but the Ultimate Fighter finale had both of them on a satellite interview and Matt just basically treated George like crap so I think he's a little mad, haha.

Heavyweight is a little harder to predict strictly because of the haymaker factor that you have to include when you discuss heavyweight/super heavyweight divisions because it RARELY goes to the ground. But with all that said, I think Sylvia will win by decision. I really think Monson vs Sylvia will be exactly like his last fight against Arlovsky: boring.

Reala
11-16-2006, 05:14 PM
St. Pierre over Hughes. Rush will pummel Hughes...
I can't agree with that. Hughes is an animal, the only way he will lose is being slightly out classed to decision or a mid fight knockout. Either way it will be close.

I don't know how closely you follow UFC but the Ultimate Fighter finale had both of them on a satellite interview and Matt just basically treated George like crap so I think he's a little mad, haha.
It was six of one, half a dozen of the other really, George got in and said "I was not impressed by your victory" and then Matt said to him "You just showed what kinda man you are, getting into the octagon and talking s**t after my win" and George said "I am just building the fight up the American way" or something. Then he went into the changing room and George said "I am sorry for saying what I said... But I still want your belt" and Hughes laughed. Then in the build up interviews Matt said "George came up to me like an 8 year old and appologised after the fight"

I really think Monson vs Sylvia will be exactly like his last fight against Arlovsky: boring.
It will either be boring with Monson trying to take down Silvia and him defending it and countering with a knee and then keeping him away with jab, cross. Or it will be an amazing show of strength and power by Monson.

JDiesel
11-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Just kinda got in to watching UFC in the past couple weeks so I dont know a whole lot about It. I watched some old fights last night with Matt Hughes fighting "Carlos" something, seemed like a really well matched fight, kind of weird decision there though for the Hughes knocking him out, seemed like they were both knocked out.

Then I watched Hughes fight a guy Sokuro? from Tokyo, Japan. Hughes totally dominated this guy pounding the hell out of him, I barely saw the other guy make any contact with Hughes. Though the guy from Tokyo took a whole lot of heavy hard hits, I can give him props for that. Obviously Hughes won when the ref called the fight.

Then I watched I guess an old fight of GSP and Hughes, Seemed pretty well matched and they had 2 different styles of fighting, Not saying Hughes aint an animal cause he is absolutley a beast the way he Just speed bursts in and drops people to the floor, but in my opinion he kinda got lucky with the tap out arm bar. It happened so quick I barely knew what happen.

Regardless GSP seems pissed and ready to whoop his ass from all I'v seen, but Hughes without a doubt is an animal and this will be a very close fight, I think It could end either way...KO, Tap-out, or maybe decision, Im doubting decision though with how much built up agression towards eachother these two fighters have. Can't wait to watch!

foxbyarmbar
11-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Hughes got KTFO, just as I was expecting. After seeing Hughes fight BJ, it was kind of obvious he wouldn't be able to keep up with GSP. However, I would not have been suprised if Matt had somehow gotten him on his back and GnP'd his way to victory.

Sexybeast777
11-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Hughes and Sylvia will win

Bohizzle
11-20-2006, 07:34 AM
lol dude, it already happened

JDiesel
11-20-2006, 08:19 AM

haha well atleast you got one right...

Hughes definatley got KTFO, In my opinion he didnt train hard enough. GSP barely looked like he broke a sweat and It was a walk in the park for him. I was thinking Hughes would win but damn I honestly think he got abused. UFC aint like I remember It when It first started, did they change rules? They call the fights so quickly now, I remember when It first came out It was like a fight til almost death kind of thing. I'm not saying Hughes would have came back from all those pounds on the ground GSP delivered but It seemed like they called It so damn quickly after GSP only contacting with the Initial shin kick and 3 solid elbows, all other hits either missed or were blocked.

The Sylvia v Monson match was an all out bytch fight. A bunch of fairy's, people definetley did not get what they paid for. The ref actually had to remind them that this was a fight not a dancing arena. I was very disapointed with this fight, I was expecting more excitement out of some heavyweights. None the less Sylvia took It like I expected. Hes a monster compared to Monson.

Sexybeast777
11-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Hughes lost??? What??? I'm so dissapointed!

bloodninja
11-22-2006, 12:22 AM
It's not that Hughes didn't train hard enough, just that he hasn't been progressing anymore. It doesn't matter what he says, he is still the same fighter he was 2 years ago. He has wrestling, subs, and GNP, and that is it. He needs to stop training exclusively with MFS and start working hard on his striking. You're only as good as the fighters you train with...now who at MFS could seriously stomp his ass? Nobody.