PDA

View Full Version : Please help with diet for sister

Shocker
02-09-2002, 11:39 AM
I am also going like to post this in Training because I need that too, I am going to post it for a maximum of response. I hope that you dont mind.

Could someone please honestly help with ideas for a training and nutrition program for my sister. She currently weighs 191 lbs and would like to weigh 132 lbs by July. Do you think this is is possible? I said sure.

Currently, she is not exercising and I aim to implement a proper execrcise routine for her if you have any suggestions. She is a smoker, drinks once per week and does not have a lot of knowledge of nutrition.

At this point she is aiming to make a turn around in her life and move into a healthier way of living. I have been giving her some basic eating and exercise tips that she needed, so if you can offer anything for a beginner that might be helpful to her then it would be appreciated.

I want to start her exercising at home because she has a self esteem issue with gyms at this point.

I was thinking of obviously organising a diet that is orientated to weight loss, with a basic cardio routine. We live inner city so I am going to give her some time skipping (with a rope) for 30 mins 3 to 4 times per week. I would like to get her to start running too because there is a massive and beautiful park across the road that she could do a cardio session in.

Maybe Tryska would be a good person for advising for girls, any bookmarks that you have on girls health and exercise routines for women would be nice, because I can get her to educate herself, maybe even sign up on this site too.

Right now what I want is a home based program that she will stick to. I have a swiss ball, and skipping rope. Any other equipment that might be helpful?

I know that a lot of people will say to join a gym, however I dont think tha she is ready for this. Let's give it three weeks on proper nutrition and training before this.

Goals:
weight loss
good upper body and backstength
- doesn't want to get bulky (blah blah)
- she has back probelms currently with Scoliosis, an incorrect curvature of the spine.

Tryska
02-09-2002, 12:00 PM
hmmm....

www.stumptuous.com - women's wieghtlifting links and lessons would be a good place to start reading...there's all kinda good stuff on that site.

as for diet...make sure she eats about 2000 cals a day. and give her the simple goal of sweating every day for 30 minutes in one way or the other. since you are going homebased, and she's not done much before, i think a good way to start would be bodyweight exercise.....ie:

pushups, benchdips, ballsquats, lunges...sissy squats. umm....back is gonna be a bit tough without a chin bar....that will take some thinking.

as for diet...like i said...2000cals would be a great place to start...and just make sure it's clean cals....with adequate protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs. a 40-30-30 breakdown might be a good way to go to start.....

Shocker
02-09-2002, 12:07 PM
yes, thanks. Whilst I can do stuff for myself, I am a bit unclear on how women should train as opposed to men. Obviously tit is different or can you apply the same diet/training to a man as to a woman considering their different goals.

Nights
02-09-2002, 12:37 PM
There is no difference in training between women and men, because structurally we're both the same.. muscle and everything else. Give her a routine very similar to any beginners (full body split if you want, or upper/lower), do not let her fall into the 'high reps or I'll grow big' theory.. The one major difference between the two sexes is the lack of test in her body, which will give her a harder time to get 'hyooge' even if that was her goal. As it is now, eating properly, and training under almost any routine will give her some nice beginners results. Nice fat loss, plus the gaining of some muscle (see above for "She won't get hyooge" so don't let her stress about that) will certainly help her out. Teach her form first off, and about the goal of progression with weights (even if she is cutting) and all should be good. Pretend she's a man and teach her that way.

As a side note, I just watched Jackie Chan's adventures. I love saturday morning cartoons. Wake up, watch x-men, head to gym.. come back for batman beyond and chan.

Tryska
02-09-2002, 06:38 PM
word. muscle is muscle. train ehr like you would train yourself.

Nights
02-09-2002, 06:43 PM
...you not going to make any ass model comment, Tryska? I'm feeling a little unloved here.

Tryska
02-09-2002, 07:01 PM
oh sorry. hey shocker....listen to the ass model. with an ass like that he must know what he's talking about.

did that do it for ya nights? ;)

Nights
02-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Yup. That'll do.

Tryska
02-09-2002, 07:16 PM
:thumbup:

*smacks nights on the ass*