PDA

View Full Version : Dead Form Check

ddegroff
11-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Tweaked my back last week with what I think was poor form. I read over the deadlift article from this month. I think it really helped me out. Either way I want to see what all of you guys have to say.

Behind view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keLb60FZq_k)

Side view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL2ZJSZWl_o)

Any critiques are more than welcome! :thumbup:

Squat form check is coming in the next few days.

Thanks in advance!

Stumprrp
11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
looks good to me

Can'tstopnow
11-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Lose the straps if you don't need them, let the forearms grow.

ddegroff
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Can'tstop - I wish I could, I hate straps. BUT I fractured both my ring fingers and my grip strength is gone. Plus the pain in my right hand is almost unbearble with out them.

Stump - cool thanks stump

Can'tstopnow
11-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I didn't mean any disrespect it looked as the weight was fairly easy for ya. Glad to see that you are picking up heavy weight off the ground, keep it going.

Tofer
11-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Nice work coming back from the finger fractures, man. Your form looks great to me. I'm not sure how you might have tweaked your back, but if you were lifting the same way as that when you did it, it couldn't have been due to poor form.

Perhaps it's just a matter of being out of the game for a while, and your body readjusting to handling such loads of weight and moving in those types of ways again. When I came back from my finger fracture, I did relatively low weights for ATF Squats, and I felt like my form was fine, and yet my back felt horrible the next day. My form didn't change the next time around and I didn't have a problem. I haven't had the same problem since.

ddegroff
11-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Tofer - Yea, exactly what I was thinking, felt good today. I just wanted to make sure.

can'tstop - no big deal, the weight was pretty easy, but i wanted to really work on form.

deeder
11-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Form looks perfect. Those looked really easy though. The best time to get a form check IMO would be when you're going heavy.

Clifford Gillmore
11-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Is that bringing your shoulders all the way back?

ddegroff
11-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Is that bringing your shoulders all the way back?

Are they as far back as possible, no. But that's one of the main things I was focusing on. When I grabbed the bar it felt really akward, so I went as far as I could while holding on to the bar. I think concentrating on the shoulders really helps keep the back in good postion (just like the article said).

Deeder - I agree, they were easy. But like I said last week I just tweaked it a bit. The next time around will be with some weight that I have to struggle with. :thumbup:

ddegroff
03-21-2007, 07:12 PM
GRBdajPkCKA

Here's my deads today.

I feel my hips raise too soon. What do you guys think?

Jordanbcool
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Only on the last set. Everything else looked fine.

Good job holdin on to that much weight on the last set.:)

ddegroff
03-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks JBC, my grip has really improved since my broken fingers.

Buzzsaw
03-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Perfect form dude

Detard
03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Looks to me like your leaning too far forward and your lifting off your toes. Back is nice and straight and you seem to be pretty fluid. nice weight though and fat handles FTW!!!

ddegroff
03-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Buzz - Thanks bro!
detard - Make's sense, I noticed the lifting off my toes also. I need to remember to press off the heals. thanks bro!

Mik
03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Nice lifting. Pretty much textbook form. I would agree with datard's comment a bit. I tend to do the same.

ddegroff
03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Mik - Alright, makes sense to me. Thanks bro!

@lien@ted
03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Tweaked my back last week with what I think was poor form. I read over the deadlift article from this month. I think it really helped me out. Either way I want to see what all of you guys have to say.

Behind view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keLb60FZq_k)

Side view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL2ZJSZWl_o)

Any critiques are more than welcome! :thumbup:

Squat form check is coming in the next few days.

Thanks in advance!

get your ass down...make sure that your ass is down and that your elbows are locked out....just when you get ready to pull make sure that your chest is out, shoulders back, chin up and that your ass does not come up FIRST...stay low and keep the bar in close too your body...a tell-tale sign of proper technique is when that bar is coming in contact with your shins on a regular basis...many career deadlifters have shins that reveal this...I speak from experience, brother....by the way, (I saw some of the you tube replies) there is no such thing as "too light" as you must crawl before you can walk...or RUN.:thumbup:

@lien@ted
03-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I feel my hips raise too soon.

Exactly what I mean by "get your ass down".....the fact that you are noticing this is good...also, just drive up and not forward...direct everything upwards to prevent that false step forward...prevents red lights (bad lifts) and most importantly the injury bug...keep up the good work...

ddegroff
03-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Exactly what I mean by "get your ass down".....the fact that you are noticing this is good...also, just drive up and not forward...direct everything upwards to prevent that false step forward...prevents red lights (bad lifts) and most importantly the injury bug...keep up the good work...

Thanks bro!

Watching myself really helps out. I see exactly what your saying (on both your posts). Gotta work on those next week!