PDA

View Full Version : Help me organize a list for a future all out mass/strength routine

Stumprrp
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah what the title says, theres a extremely large and strong kid on bodybuilding.com by the name of UKstrongman, he is 17 yrs old and is 5'8 260 lbs, very big, stronger then an ox, his training is all compound lifts with the execption of arm work and lots of strongman training, when im done with WS4BB im gonna switch to something like this and try to get as big as possible over the winter and part of spring.

so lets start with ...

Lower Body
Deep Squat
Front Squat
Zercher Squat
Rack Squats

Concentric Goodmorning
Olympic Goodmorning
Deadlift
SLDL
RDL
Rackpulls

Pullthroughs
Gluteham Raise

That is pretty much the basics IMO

Upperbody
Bench Press
Incline Press
Standing Press
1 Arm Press
Bent Row
1 Arm Row
Pullups

Olympic Work
Power Clean
Hang Clean
Clean and Press
1 Arm Clean and press
Power Snatch
1 Arm Snatch

Direct Arm Work (important to me/for my lagging arms
Barbell Curl
Hammer Curl
Forearm Curls
Farmers Walks

Closegrip Bench
Straightbar Extentions

So, did it hit the nail on the head? next step is trying to organize this into something brutally intense that will make me an absolute monster.

chris mason
11-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Looks pretty good to me!

Bob
11-18-2006, 07:25 PM
A couple of thoughts Stump..
>> What about Shrugs? I know you are going to get a lot of trap work with the DLs and OL'ing.. but some heavy doubles and triples.. or even for reps can put some nice thickness on the traps. Plus, there are so many angles you can hit them from...
>> What about Grip? Any direct grip work like static holds, CoCs or wrist curls?
>>What about Chins? You may be including this under your pullups.. but jic.. nice bicep builder..
>> What about Strongman stuff? Got a heavy stone around? How about a log? Or a tire? How about a sled?
>> ANd lastly.. what about Plyos and Sprints? I know you OL'ing, but these are good supplementals.. and help with the Test...

Overall though.. even without my suggestions.. it looks great..
Good luck.. and here is to your 7000 cal bulking days!!

Stumprrp
11-18-2006, 07:32 PM
bear yes some static holds and stuff, for shrugs i will do hise breathing shrugs, and some pylos sounds great too

any ideas how i could set this up, i want to train 4-5 days out of the week.

Bob
11-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I would try a couple of experiments.. and then see how your body responds..
like:
5 day: upper, lower, OLs, upper, lower.
or 5 day: Heavy Upper w/lite Lower, OLs, Heavy Lower w/Lite Upper, OLs, supplementals
or 4 day: OLs, Heavy Lower, Heavy Upper, Supps
or 4 day: OLs, Heavy Lower w/Lite Upper, Supps, Heavy Upper w/lite Lower,
or 5 day: Legs, Upper, OLs, Low Back, Lite Upper with Supps

And then on uppers.. just make sure you are mixing your first lifts of the day.. like do back one session heavy first, then Chest, then Overhead presses.. this way, you will have max efforts on the 3 key uppers with balance.

Oh.. and more exercise to consider.. Push Presses..

Stumprrp
11-18-2006, 08:26 PM
thanks for the help bear, ill have to think about this one.

Songsangnim
11-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Are you planning on doing ALL those exercises? Looks like excessive volume...if you are thinking about doing 2-3 sets of each exercise.

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Are you planning on doing ALL those exercises? Looks like excessive volume...if you are thinking about doing 2-3 sets of each exercise.

u know me better then that Song, i train crazy but not that crazy :D i just wanted to make a list of the best exersizes, im going to use them all but on different weeks.

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
any more suggestions

chris mason
11-19-2006, 05:54 PM
I would rotate the exercises often. For instance, as of late I have been doing the following (or something very similar) for chest:

Workout #1:
Incline dumbbell for reps (10+) - 2 working sets
Machine press for reps - 2 working sets

Workout #2:
Rack partials for 1-3 reps - 2 working sets

Workout #3:
Floor presses for 3 reps - 4-5 working sets

Workout #4:
Rack partials for 1-3 reps (different ROM than the last partials workout) - 2 working sets

Workout #5:
Incline dumbbell for 3-5 reps - 2 working sets
Machine press for 3-5 reps - 2 working sets

I am training chest on Sundays and Thursdays for the most part. The variety of movements has allowed me to train my chest more often and to make nice progress on the primary full ROM movement (incline dumbbell).

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Chris very nice i agree on this, i rotate exersizes all the time and it helps me progress awesomely, i was thinking of maybe this in the shower lol..

5 days a week training (deload the 4th week most likely due to super intensity)

day 1 - upper body consisting of 2 presses, 2 pulls, and oly move
day 2 - lower body consisting of deadlift type movements
day 3 - accessory - arms, grip, plyometrics and maybe cardio
day 4 - upper body like day 1 just new movements
day 5 - lower body consisting of squat type movements

i guess this could be ok also? arms i will only do 2 exersizes, heavy ass CGBP or CG Rack press, and heavy ass curls.

11-19-2006, 06:14 PM
any more suggestions

clean and snatch pulls

I am a thrower in college and we use basically everything you had in that list and we train somwhat similarly to strong men(we need strengh, quickness and agility) - just a little background so u know where im coming from i havent posted much on here

a common cycle for me and my teamates would be set up kinda like this:

monday- heavy clean, heay squats and various leg stuff(lunges, stdl....)
tues-push press, bench- upper body stuff
wed-off / plyos and sprints
thurs- snatch, front squats other leg stuff
fri- clean pulls, incline bench- upper body stuff

we generally have some type of explosive/olympic lift first then heavy main lift and supplementary lifts

we dont really do dead lift all that often but if you wanted ot do them i would put them where i had the front squats

hope this helps a little

happy training!!!

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 06:17 PM
8.8 very cool thanks for the ideas!

11-19-2006, 06:43 PM
pretty much any routine will work the most important thing to rememebr is to continue to train hard and heavy- i like have a 3-4 week program set up ahead of time with percentages - do the percentages no matter how heavy or hard u think its gonna be- get a spotter and do forced reps if necessary

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 06:51 PM
8.8 oh of course man ive been at it for a good amount of time i just need something over the top over this winter so the calories dont go to waste ;) im not a fan of percentages, i just go as heavy as i can and add weight weekly

waynedang
11-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I think board work really makes the tri's grow. Also a big fan of pause squats and sled dragging.

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 07:57 PM
wayne - i do have a 3 board i could use for the direct arm work instead of CGBP for a variation, i also like paused squats alot.

nhlfan
11-19-2006, 11:02 PM
maybe some (weighted?) dips?

Songsangnim
11-20-2006, 04:11 AM
Chris very nice i agree on this, i rotate exersizes all the time and it helps me progress awesomely, i was thinking of maybe this in the shower lol..

5 days a week training (deload the 4th week most likely due to super intensity)

day 1 - upper body consisting of 2 presses, 2 pulls, and oly move
day 2 - lower body consisting of deadlift type movements
day 3 - accessory - arms, grip, plyometrics and maybe cardio
day 4 - upper body like day 1 just new movements
day 5 - lower body consisting of squat type movements

i guess this could be ok also? arms i will only do 2 exersizes, heavy ass CGBP or CG Rack press, and heavy ass curls.

Ah, that seems quite nice and keeps the volume under control. Looks like it could yield some good results. The only thing I would do is switch day 3 and 4 around. You might not want to work arms and grip the day BEFORE upper body.

Just my 2 cents.:cool:

Stumprrp
11-20-2006, 04:46 AM
nh - kills my shoulders
song - cool man i think ill use it then

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Don't forget about your supplements.

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php/products_id/9

Opticen, Nitrean, ETS, and Creatine 500 are the supplement keys to you adding the most mass possible in the shortest period of time. Get yours now and get on the road to optimize your body!

J.T. HALL
http://atlargenutrition.com/jt_hall.php

Stumprrp
11-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Nasaky - im an addicted nitrean user! i occasionally use opticen too! great stuff

SaVvY
11-21-2006, 08:19 AM
sam is one of the top threats to me grip wise so i have to keep my eye on him haha he is strong, but you should not be at all in awe of his strength - as far as i know his log press above head is 225lbs, an deadlift is 500-550lbs, an his squat is around the same

pretty sure dead and log are with belt, an squat is with wraps and belt (??)

thats great, dont get me wrong, but you have been training for less time (right?), you weigh a lot less, an your not exactly miles off his strength - great guy to compare yourself with though, same age an height

as far as the routine goes, cant tell you much there, i feel you'll know whats better for you more than others will

Stumprrp
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
savvy thanks for the words, i guess i can agree, i just like to have other peoples opinions im always ears open even if i know a good amount already.

im going to follow it how song told me to arange it, should be good. hope to get some good mass on me over the winter and strength.