PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Vid Critique

Chubrock
11-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I've come in here several times as of late asking for advice on increasing my pulling. I'd been stagnate at 315 for several months. I incorporated a lot of Platform work and heavy RDLs. Here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHwKR_K9Mw

I realize it was an ugly pull, no doubts about that. My question is, should I set my hips a bit lower, and is there anything else that you see I did besides let the bar get out in front a bit?

Stumprrp
11-19-2006, 08:43 AM
what was ugly about that, you owned it severly, looked good to me.

Bohizzle
11-19-2006, 09:08 AM
agreed, not ugle at all, not too sure about sumo form (ie hip position), but it was a nice pull. looks like u got more in the tank.

Andrew

Adam
11-19-2006, 12:26 PM
it lookedd like you had a lot more left in ya.
Main thing that struck me was your knees caving in. Just like with squats you have to keep your knees pushed out to be safe and get the most power.
And I think most sumo'ers minimize the rounded back at the start of the lift. I don't sumo myself though so take it as you want.
If you can get chris rodgers opinion it would be great.

Chubrock
11-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Adam man thanks for the critique. I hadn't even noticed my knees caving inward. As far as the rounded back, that was one thing I was wondering about. I was thinking that maybe if I drop my hips I can minimize it somewhat, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

11-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Adam man thanks for the critique. I hadn't even noticed my knees caving inward. As far as the rounded back, that was one thing I was wondering about. I was thinking that maybe if I drop my hips I can minimize it somewhat, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

thats what i was going to say drop you hips slighty and watch your back