PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Pork and Proteins??

zela
11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Well its that time of the year again. Its time for me to bulk and my dads pork production is well under way. Two featured products that will be out of the smoker anytime now is Pork Jerkey and Pork Sausage. Now he has smoked like 200 lbs of this stuff so if anybody wants to help me eat some of this stuff with me, please come help.

Anyways back to the point, how are the Nutritional values for this stuff and will they work. I know the stuff is full of protein and fat but it lacks carbs of course. Now I will be forced to eat this stuff so please help and tell me what would be good to eat along with this stuff. I will only post the jerkey because I don't eat the sausage much.

Pork Jerkey
Amount Per 1 cup
Calories 519.12
Calories from Fat 233.6

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25.96g 40%
Saturated Fat 8.94g 45%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.15g
Monounsaturated Fat 11.67g
Cholesterol 113.4mg 38%
Sodium 3622.5mg 151%
Potassium 879.48mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 66.78g 134%

So what do you think? Should I stay away from this stuff or should I eat as much of it as possible. I got these figures from Fitday and I cut all of the obvious fat out of the stuff and just eat the lean red meat. Also if I can add, what would be my proper carb intake for a day, or what % of my diet should be made up by carbs?

Thank You