PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Allergic?



EvanH
11-20-2006, 10:08 AM
So yesterday I kinda went peanuts/peanut butter crazy. I got a lot of both at the store yesterday and I just couldn't help myself. I ate a lot of both. This morning I woke up and I had slight breakouts and they were fairly itchy. This has never happened before when I ate moderate amounts of peanut products. Is there a chance that I am slightly allergic to peanuts or am I just some sort of freak =P

RedSpikeyThing
11-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Now why wouldn't you go to a doctor and get an allergy test done?

kaption
11-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Seems pretty delayed but I am no doctor. Did your throat feel funny at all after eating them? (itchy, tight) Any trouble breathing?

Did you try taking an antihistamine ?

getfit
11-21-2006, 02:06 AM
If you think you have an allergy towards peanuts I'd get it checked.It's very serious.People have died from peanut allergy.

fitlife
11-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Definitely want to have it checked. Although the death scene is a bit extreme, is important to know because allergies change, and it can become worst through the years (it can also clear up BTW)

RedSpikeyThing
11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Definitely want to have it checked. Although the death scene is a bit extreme, is important to know because allergies change, and it can become worst through the years (it can also clear up BTW)

Death is not uncommon from peanut allergies at all. It's an anaphelactic (sp?) reaction. Nut allergies (yes I'm aware that peanuts are in fact not nuts, but they fall into this category as well), from what I understand, tend to escalate from each incident.

fitlife
11-22-2006, 07:14 AM
That is true. And of all allergies that is probably one of the most dangerous.