PDA

View Full Version : hot water + chocolate protein

PoutineEh
11-20-2006, 12:11 PM
sure most have figured this, but warm water in the microwave and then add some chocolate protein makes for a nice hot-chocolate-esque protein drink. good for coming in from the cold outside. also the protein mixes much easier.
obvious, i know, but just incase a few didnt think of it.

ArchAngel777
11-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I tried this the other day and the whey would refuse to mix with my hot water... I finally through it down the garbage disposel because it looked lumpy and gross... Bummer that I didn't have success and you did!

Brotherofiron
11-29-2006, 05:49 AM
i tried this the other night, i mixed 8 oz of skim milk with 1 scoop of whey and shook it in my saker first then put it in a mug and microwaved it for 1 minute on high.....i was suprised at how good it tasted! Just like regular hot chocolate except it is extremely low fat and high protein.....

ArchAngel777
11-29-2006, 09:10 AM
i tried this the other night, i mixed 8 oz of skim milk with 1 scoop of whey and shook it in my saker first then put it in a mug and microwaved it for 1 minute on high.....i was suprised at how good it tasted! Just like regular hot chocolate except it is extremely low fat and high protein.....

For some reason, my whey mixes with milk far better than it does with water... It doesn't seem to bond with my water at all :-(

But, the problem with that hot-cocoa is that it is high in calories 90 + 110 = 200 calorie cup of hot cocoa... Quite high for such a small treat.

Nikkiwomang
11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
I have the same problem with my whey protein mixing with water. But I prefer the water over anything else. I wanna try the hot chocolate protein mix, maybe tonight after my jog

Brotherofiron
11-29-2006, 10:09 AM
i cant stomach protein and water, i make all of my prtein shakes with milk...its simple nausiating when mixed with water.

Unreal
11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Some brands mix great. Others clump and taste like crap in water. That is one reason I use nitrean, taste great in whatever, and mixes easy. Try a scoop of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry mixed together and heated up. Awesome!

Progress
11-29-2006, 11:11 PM
How about mixing it with cold milk, then heating it up?