PDA

View Full Version : What do you think my bf% is?

SuperTerrorizer
11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I don't have calipers or a tape measure.

5'10, 210lbs (gotta be some water weight since I started creatine)

NOT FLEXED

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beer_chicks_guitars/210lbs001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beer_chicks_guitars/210lbs002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beer_chicks_guitars/210lbs003.jpg

ArchAngel777
11-20-2006, 01:01 PM
You are too high to really know at this point. Don't let that discourage you bud. However, you are still in the 25% - 30% range at this point. All things asside, I am guessing your LBM is 145ish currently, which would put you at around 30%. You have already lost a good amount of weight so far... Keep up the work, take one step at a time and before you know it, you will be in top shape.

SuperTerrorizer
11-20-2006, 01:07 PM
****, that depresses me.

OneBadUnit
11-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Don't let it depress you, make it motivate you. Set your short term goals, and get to work. I've been there (Hell, I'm still there) and it is tough, but not impossible. Keep at it, keep posting; lots of support, advice, and encouragement on these boards. You WILL hit your goals if you stay dedicated.

SuperTerrorizer
11-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Don't let it depress you, make it motivate you. Set your short term goals, and get to work. I've been there (Hell, I'm still there) and it is tough, but not impossible. Keep at it, keep posting; lots of support, advice, and encouragement on these boards. You WILL hit your goals if you stay dedicated.

I just set a small goal in my sig. Hopefully it's attainable. I lost that first 20lbs pretty quick since I had never exercised before.

OneBadUnit
11-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Remember, you will reach that time where you won't see the number on the scale moving much (sometimes, in the direction you didn't want it to go), but you will definitely feel the progress in how your clothes fit, and see it in the mirror.

Tofer
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Look, I don't want to be harsh, because you've made some progress in the past year, but in all honesty you haven't made THAT MUCH progress. I remember back in May you were at 210 lbs. I know that creatine adds a little water weight, but c'mon now.

I think you're sitting around too much expecting something to happen, instead of putting your energy into making it happen. What are your goals? You need to be absolutely certain about where it is you want to get to, or you're never going to get anywhere.

Your priority right now should be cutting, and I think you know that. So start taking your diet seriously! Don't look for shortcuts or anything like that. If you're drinking alcohol, ask yourself if that's more important than getting lean. From your posts, I know that you don't have a job because of your tourette's so really, you should have nothing but time! There are no excuses man. It sounds like you're a really good guy, and I hate to come off as a dick, but I think you're in desperate need of a verbal slap in the face right now. You don't need people on here babying you and telling you you're making progress, because that's not going to help. You need to start making REAL progress and I know you can do it. You just really need to become more dedicated to what you're doing.

There are so many resources and tools at your disposal. You've got Built on here, who is probably one of the best diet resources on the net. Take advantage of everything on this site, and start putting it into use!

Don't let yourself be stuck in the exact same place a year from now. The best time to make serious changes in your life is right now. Get angry, get serious, and get motivated!

JHolmes145
11-20-2006, 02:05 PM
in the first pic i totally thought you had long crimpy blonde hair lol

Jordanbcool
11-20-2006, 02:25 PM
I agree with tofer.

Beast
11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Telling you a bodyfat % is irrelevant... just know that it's high.

Try to get the diet in check, cut down until you're 12% or less, then start really trying to build muscle.

Randy
11-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Ain't no shortcuts fella! Time x Dedication will determine how fast/effectively you achieve your goals. Wish you the best of luck, but Tofer is making a very good point.

Good luck!
Randy
xoxoxoxo

SuperTerrorizer
11-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Look, I don't want to be harsh, because you've made some progress in the past year, but in all honesty you haven't made THAT MUCH progress. I remember back in May you were at 210 lbs. I know that creatine adds a little water weight, but c'mon now.

I think you're sitting around too much expecting something to happen, instead of putting your energy into making it happen. What are your goals? You need to be absolutely certain about where it is you want to get to, or you're never going to get anywhere.

Your priority right now should be cutting, and I think you know that. So start taking your diet seriously! Don't look for shortcuts or anything like that. If you're drinking alcohol, ask yourself if that's more important than getting lean. From your posts, I know that you don't have a job because of your tourette's so really, you should have nothing but time! There are no excuses man. It sounds like you're a really good guy, and I hate to come off as a dick, but I think you're in desperate need of a verbal slap in the face right now. You don't need people on here babying you and telling you you're making progress, because that's not going to help. You need to start making REAL progress and I know you can do it. You just really need to become more dedicated to what you're doing.

There are so many resources and tools at your disposal. You've got Built on here, who is probably one of the best diet resources on the net. Take advantage of everything on this site, and start putting it into use!

Don't let yourself be stuck in the exact same place a year from now. The best time to make serious changes in your life is right now. Get angry, get serious, and get motivated!

What you said worked because right after I read it I did 30 minutes of cardio. My diet was good today (it usually is pretty good) and only had a small cheat of 2 pieces of bacon on my chicken sandwich.

I definately need to get my head in the game. I thought I found out my maintenance by my total weight. Found out today it was from LBM. So I should be cutting on 1600-1800 cals.

Gonna up my cardio to at least once a day and twice on non-lifting days.

Jordanbcool
11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Again I've only suggested a PSMF to a few board members. And I don't like doing it but in your case I think it would do you alot of good...

I'd swear by it too. Do others agree with me or no? I know you all have seen I really like PSMF so I'm def. biased. I just think it would do wonders for the OP.

SuperTerrorizer
11-20-2006, 07:13 PM
What is PSMF?

Sidior
11-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Protein Sparing Modified Fast

Also jordan I was going to ask how you felt about strength loss after a quick PSMF. Let's say I stopped westside for 2 weeks, jumped into a PSMF to loss some quick weight then went right back to eating normally and back to westside. Do you think it would cause my lifts to suffer?

Bohizzle
11-20-2006, 09:25 PM
What you said worked because right after I read it I did 30 minutes of cardio. My diet was good today (it usually is pretty good) and only had a small cheat of 2 pieces of bacon on my chicken sandwich.

I definately need to get my head in the game. I thought I found out my maintenance by my total weight. Found out today it was from LBM. So I should be cutting on 1600-1800 cals.

Gonna up my cardio to at least once a day and twice on non-lifting days.
That is the absolute best way u could've taken what he said. good job man, take people's criticism's and use them to motivate u! do it up, u know what needs to be done.

Andrew

Jordanbcool
11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Protein Sparing Modified Fast

Also jordan I was going to ask how you felt about strength loss after a quick PSMF. Let's say I stopped westside for 2 weeks, jumped into a PSMF to loss some quick weight then went right back to eating normally and back to westside. Do you think it would cause my lifts to suffer?

Honestly, no. If you do it right your strength shouldnt drop at all ecspecially something as quick as two weeks. Will you break PR's? Probably not. I never had any problems with strength loss though, just be sure to drink a small bottle of gatorade and maybe some caffeine pills beforehand. They'll help to maintain focus (helps out the CNS). You have the plan down right though be sure to follow up with a nice refeed after those 12 days or so.

WORLD
11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Tofer, great post.

Davidelmo
11-21-2006, 02:39 AM
If you need inspiration head to t-nation or animalpak and read some of their articles.

What is your current routine?

When things are getting stale I like to try a completely different workout, new exercises, new rep ranges. Keeps things interesting. I recently did Chad Waterburys ABBH1 (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459341)
The 10 sets of 3 reps with short rest periods are an absolute killer but I felt sore for the first time in ages and my strength was through the roof by the end of the program. I felt like I was really pushing myself for the first time in a while.