PDA

View Full Version : Latino Food?

burnobi
11-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Hello,
I have been trying to find out some nutritional information on some foods that are common in Colombia.

I am a bodybuilder and I live in Colombia, South America. I have tried fitday. but they do not have many foods that are eaten here, I was wondering most about carbs. and the carb make up of them

1st: Yucca, it is a very common food here, but I dont know how simple or complex it is. Is it like a potato, or more like a yam?

2nd: bollo, and arepas: these are made with corn starch, how does that stack up?

Thars all I can think of right now, If anybody has any other ideas, please send them to me!! Thanks a lot...... Ciao

BakedWafer
11-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Hello,
I have been trying to find out some nutritional information on some foods that are common in Colombia.

I am a bodybuilder and I live in Colombia, South America. I have tried fitday. but they do not have many foods that are eaten here, I was wondering most about carbs. and the carb make up of them

1st: Yucca, it is a very common food here, but I dont know how simple or complex it is. Is it like a potato, or more like a yam?

2nd: bollo, and arepas: these are made with corn starch, how does that stack up?

Thars all I can think of right now, If anybody has any other ideas, please send them to me!! Thanks a lot...... Ciao

You can look these up on google and then enter then in as a custom food on fitday.

I remember Yucca being a complex carb, although I could be 100% incorrect.

BakedWafer
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Cassava tubers are rich in carbohydrates, mainly starch, and are a major source of energy. With the exception of sugar cane, cassava is the highest source of carbohydrates. Cassava tubers are, however, deficient in protein, fat, and some minerals and vitamins. The nutritional value is less than that of cereals, legumes and some other roots such as yam