PDA

View Full Version : taking _____ grams protien vs none

j-trupaz
11-21-2006, 03:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what differences would you notice between just working out no protien and a normal pretty healthy diet vs

doing the 1grand per body weight so for example i weight about 165lbs.

so doing a daily intake of 165grams give or take of protien powder.

what differences would i notice?

:strong:

Davidelmo
11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
With the protein you would gain muscle mass.

With no protein you would not gain muscle mass and you would have no recovery.

Protein perform millions of functions in the body, not just in building muscle. If you at no protein at all for a while you would become very ill and die.

It's actually a medical condition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor) in 2rd world countries where calories are adequate but protein intake is not.. i.e. a diet composed mainly of rice and water.

j-trupaz
11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
well obviously i consume protien in daily means and what not.

but im saying if i just switched up and added those extra 165 grams of protien.

Davidelmo
11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
ooooh, so you're comparing eating a "normal" intake (probably around 40-50g a day) to a bodybuilder intake of 1g/lb?

Well you certainly won't gain any muscle on the "normal" intake. You'll also have terrible recovery after workouts. In fact you may even lose muscle if you dont have the capacity to repair it.

superjew18
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
you deffinatly wont do much, if any growing without the extra protein. i would also like to point out that you should not be getting your other 165g protein from protein powder. infact, the majority of your protein intake should be from whole foods like chickin, fish, beef etc. the protein shake should really be used for pre/post workout, before bed and if you need an extra 20g or so somewhere along the way.

j-trupaz
11-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah was refering to normal protien consuptions vs bodybuilding standards