PDA

View Full Version : Throwing up

KingWilder
11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Okay, so I usually don't feel good after my postworkout shake (2 big scoops of gatorade, ~ 8TBSp and 2 scoops whey) and today I actually threw it all up.

My question is what causes me to feel sick after this (all the sugar?) and how should I fix my fitday..just completely remove the shake?

superjew18
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
how much water do you use? i would say it probably is the sugar if this is all in just a cup...i mean two scoopsmakes what---2quarts? thats a guess, lol. but yeah, id say mostly just the sugar.

KingWilder
11-22-2006, 01:49 PM
that's what I thought

I would say at most maybe 2 cups of water..def. not enough I'm thinking haha

Alex.V
11-22-2006, 01:55 PM
It honestly sounds disgusting. Gatorade and whey? Blech.

Try a new shake. Seriously.

Cirino83
11-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Maybe try it with milk or even water.

Mik
11-22-2006, 02:37 PM

Orange Gatorade and chocolate Nitrean rocks! Seriously.

FREAKZILLA
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I mix my vanilla whey with my grape creatine, Not the best tasting but ****, I need to feed the muscles right!?

I have my own question. What causes people to throw up after/during intense workouts?

reloaded
11-22-2006, 02:42 PM
I've had this same problem from time to time. Do you drink your shake immediately right after your workout? If so, I'd recommend you wait a good 15 minutes before you drink it down. Obviously, you like the taste of this shake, so that's not the problem. Once I started to wait a little bit after the gym to drink, I haven't had a problem.

KingWilder
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
I use orange gatorade and vanilla whey..tastes like an orange creamsicle

The reason I use gatorade is because it's similar to dextrose and this is when I take my creatine (better absorption)

FREAKZILLA
11-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Try this post workout.

3-5 g creatine
15g BCAA's
1 Tsp Gatorade powder mix
40-50g Whey isolate

IZich
11-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I mix my vanilla whey with my grape creatine, Not the best tasting but ****, I need to feed the muscles right!?

I have my own question. What causes people to throw up after/during intense workouts?

sheer physical exertion. Your body undergoes so much stress that your muscles are slightly confused.

leveque
11-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Orange Gatorade and chocolate Nitrean rocks! Seriously.

What does it taste like? I can't picture it.

ShockBoxer
11-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Like those 'whack and unwrap' chocolate oranges you see ads for on tv around Christmas?

Mik
11-23-2006, 09:07 AM
What does it taste like? I can't picture it.

I'm not sure of the name but it's like those chocolate oranges you smash and it breaks apart like orange wedges. Mmmmmmm mmmmmm good!

EDIT: shockboxer beat me to it.

jdeity
11-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I puked recently after pwo shake, and it was definitely all the fluid. I put down a ton of food before lifting, then have a huge shake/water while lifting (usually just gatorade or something, maybe a tiny amount of protein), then have a big weightgainer afterwards. All the fluid always makes me feel sick, many times I puke and catch it before it comes out, and recently I couldn't even do that lol

RedSpikeyThing
11-23-2006, 12:21 PM

Vanilla Nitrean and Lemon-Lime Gatorade tastes like key-lime pie. mmmmm.

OP: I make 2 scoops of Gatorade all the time. I find that if I drink it too fast my stomach gets bloated. Try mixing it with more water and drinking it slower.

jdeity
11-23-2006, 01:07 PM
ya that's how i get around the nausea best. I usually pound half the shake, and then sip on the remainder slowly.

Ruffian
11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
It may be that you drink to fast... I usually have to give myself a good half hour before I eat / drink a ton after working out. I usually suck back a full gallon of water while working out (that you dont feel) but after the adrenaline is gone my stomach almost always gets a little bit on the rocky side....

I really dont know why though.

time2grown06
11-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I've had this same problem from time to time. Do you drink your shake immediately right after your workout? If so, I'd recommend you wait a good 15 minutes before you drink it down. Obviously, you like the taste of this shake, so that's not the problem. Once I started to wait a little bit after the gym to drink, I haven't had a problem.

Thanks for the advice. The other day after a workout, I went to the sauna and drank a pwo shake consisting of Nitrean, creatine, cytogainer, dextrose, and water and when I finished it, I came oh so close to sending it back up. Light swallowing and breathing saved me. In the future I'll wait 15-20 minutes before drinking it.

Lunchbox20
11-23-2006, 08:14 PM
The other day after a workout, I went to the sauna and drank a pwo shake consisting of Nitrean, creatine, cytogainer, dextrose, and water and when I finished it, I came oh so close to sending it back up. Light swallowing and breathing saved me. In the future I'll wait 15-20 minutes before drinking it.

That sounds a bit dehydrating, maybe it's better to just drink water after the sauna, especially since you need extra water with your creatine.

jdeity
11-23-2006, 08:20 PM
If he's drinking a shake while he's in the sauna it should more than negate the dehydration being caused in there, no?

I sure miss when I could hop in the hot tub after training...

WBBIRL
11-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Personally its hard to eat/drink anything more then the smallest amounts after a hard workout. I usually have to wait 45 min before I regain my hunger and ability to keep food down.

time2grown06
11-23-2006, 08:36 PM
That sounds a bit dehydrating, maybe it's better to just drink water after the sauna, especially since you need extra water with your creatine.

I had just entered the suana, so it wasn't much of a factor in me almost hurling. Come to think of it, it might be best to sit by the pool on a chair after the workout for 15 minutes, then drink the shake, make sure it settles, and then go into the suana.