PDA

View Full Version : 200!!! Yay!

Invain
11-22-2006, 08:20 PM
About a year and two months ago, I registered on these forums, and my first post was asking help with my crappy routine, and how to "get bigger."

One of the first responses was from Anthony, and it was the legendary phrase: "Gain 50 pounds" It sounded rediculous at the time, becuase I weighed 140 pounds, and gaining 50 pounds would be 1/3 my body mass. (hehe) Anyways, I set my ultimate goal to gain 60 pounds: weigh in at 200. This last Sunday I finally hit the good ol' deuce. I know it's nothing compared to some of the guys on here, but I never honestly thought I'd go anywhere with weight lifting when I first joined.

The first pic was taken a few months before I started lifting weights, but I looked the same right up untill I registered on wbb. The rest are from tonight. I feel like a major fatass when I look at these, but it's winter, I don't really care.

Invain
11-22-2006, 08:22 PM
More. (Excuse the dumb faces)

Jordanbcool
11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm impressed. I think you have alot of nice bulk on you.

You should cut up and I'd think you'd be in top shape but you also have a pretty nice bodyfat now so bulking would also be ok. Whatever you decide your at a good place with your body.

Good luck dude!

OneBadUnit
11-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Impressive ! Very nice work.

Tofer
11-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Awesome work dude. You're looking really thick now. 200 lbs at 5'8" is pretty impressive.

I would start a nice, slow cut if I were you. Do you have a goal weight and body fat you want to reach?

Guido
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Wow. You and I started and ended up in almost exactly the same place. I was also 140, and a year later I was at 200 lbs even. I've pretty much been maintaining my weight ever since, though my lifts continue to go up and my bodyfat goes down.

Huge improvement man. You don't even look like the same person (the same thing people told me!).

Stumprrp
11-22-2006, 10:34 PM
sick progress

getfit
11-23-2006, 02:08 AM
You've made good progress.Nice work

Fuzzy
11-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Holy...

How old are you bro?

BroGain
11-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Wow man that is a really impressive gain. I too would echo the comment that you look like a whole new person. Great job!

Fuzzy
11-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Yeah, one photo you were a little blonde kid, the next you were a... man

peacefrog
11-23-2006, 05:04 AM
Geez, gaining 60 pounds in a year. That's mental.

Invain
11-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks everybody.

Since it's winter, I plan on continuing my bulk. These last 20 pounds or so I've really noticed my bodyfat go up, but I can still live with it for now. I'm hoping to get close to 220 or so before I start my cut, but I may not go that high, depending on how fat I get. Looking to probably start my cut real early spring so I can look good for mid summer.

My ultimate goal would is to weigh 200 pounds with a decent bodyfat %, doesn't have to be super special as long as I can see abs and good definition. For now though, I'll continue bulking during fall/winter and cutting during spring/summer and maybe in a few years I'll reach my goal.

Oh, and Fuzzy, I'm 18.

Tofer
11-23-2006, 10:30 AM
If you're going to continue bulking, just be aware of the stretch marks. As soon as I hit 230, I found stretch marks on my left bicep, the back of my shoulders by the armpit, the back of my calves, hamstrings... and that was to go with the ones I already had on my quads. It's definitely worth noting, because while it might seem cool at first, you've got to realize that stretch marks aren't something that will go away.

peacefrog
11-23-2006, 03:54 PM
If you're going to continue bulking, just be aware of the stretch marks. As soon as I hit 230, I found stretch marks on my left bicep, the back of my shoulders by the armpit, the back of my calves, hamstrings... and that was to go with the ones I already had on my quads. It's definitely worth noting, because while it might seem cool at first, you've got to realize that stretch marks aren't something that will go away.

I actually had a comment on possible stretch marks in my post, but then I removed it before posting ;) I felt I wasn't qualified to comment, since I have never gained so fast, and thus never had any stretch marks. I don't know what level of quick gains would result in stretch marks.

I still remember watching some WWF in sixth grade at school one day, and our teacher pointing out some stretch marks on "The British Bulldog". :)

Invain
11-24-2006, 12:26 PM
I actually do have pretty bad stretch marks on my legs, however they're on my thigh, so nobody can see them unless I'm naked. I might be lucky so far, because I haven't noticed any stretch marks anywhere else besides my legs.

KevinStarke
11-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Cocoa butter > stretchmarks

Ryder
11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Wow, before I saw pics of you I thought you were much older.

Keep up the good work.

Tofer
11-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Cocoa butter > stretchmarks
Ehh... it works to an extent. But it's not going to completely prevent them.

And yeah, it's usually in the legs where you get them first. I was completely fine until about 230 or so, as I mentioned. Then one day I came back from the gym and noticed them coming in on my bicep. I proceeded to do a full-body check and I found them in a whole bunch of other places to. It's not a very pleasant thing to deal with.

500squat
11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Great progress man...keep at it....

lifteroiho
11-24-2006, 05:38 PM
That's some bully progress there. Really great job, keep it up!

PUMPER
11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Don't worry about looking fat...you look like a different person and you have done a great job in gaining mass. You will only get better and look better as you get more experience. I am very impressed and think you have done very well bro! Stretch marks??? I know plenty of guys who have them...only difference is they aint never touched a weight!
BCOOL
"PUMP"

zela
11-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Holly.... do your parents recognize you now?

Invain
11-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Haha, yeah.

Suprisingly, since I see myself every day I don't feel that big, and it doesn't look like I've grown that much. It's when I see picture comparisons like this that I really see how much I've grown.

KingWilder
11-24-2006, 09:07 PM
awesome progress

I'm about where you're at..probably sitting at about 197 now though and I just started getting stretchmarks so I'm gonna start cutting

keep up the awesome work....bulk or cut, I think you'll do fine

McIrish
11-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Seriously, awesome bulk, Invain. I don't get what the big deal with stretch marks is - they're kinda a neat scar to have, right? You got them by getting too muscular...nothing wrong with that.

peacefrog
11-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Seriously, awesome bulk, Invain. I don't get what the big deal with stretch marks is - they're kinda a neat scar to have, right? You got them by getting too muscular...nothing wrong with that.
Stretch marks also result from pregnancies, and people who pick up fat too fast. They are not just relegated to hardcore muscle gainers. I can't think why anyone would want to have them.

NICS
11-27-2006, 03:32 PM
dude great job lookin really thick.

11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
dude you dont even look the same...

Anthony
11-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Told ya. ;)

Seriously though, excellent work. Just goes to show what can be accomplished with a decent plan and a lot of hard work.

Rock Steady
11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
So awesome. I love posts like this.

I went from the low 170s to 200+ just recently, and THAT felt wonderful. I can't imagine how cool it's been for you. Good job!

Kana
11-29-2006, 01:15 PM
You set your mind to achieving a goal that seemed unreachable;and you achieved it! Good job!

EvanH
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Wow, nice work man. That is some pretty inspiring stuff :P

Invain
11-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Told ya. ;)

Seriously though, excellent work. Just goes to show what can be accomplished with a decent plan and a lot of hard work.

Haha. I remember a post I started about kids making fun of me for being so serious about weight lifting. It got off topic and you had to close it, but you pm'd me and told me not to worry about it. I remember you telling me to wait till I was 200 pounds and then see who makes fun of me.

..... I thought you were crazy.

beatlesfreak
11-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Invain,

That's is very impressive. I have kids about your age and with your permission will show them your pix to help keep their motivation up. Some days it's pretty hard to drag them into the gym.

Awesome transformation.

Keep up the great work.

nhlfan
11-29-2006, 10:01 PM
wow, what a transformation. well done, invain!

11-29-2006, 10:47 PM
great work bro!!! NOW KEEP IT UP 220 is right aorund the corner!!!

Gabrielle
11-29-2006, 11:25 PM
you are a hoss now good job

Invain
11-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Invain,

That's is very impressive. I have kids about your age and with your permission will show them your pix to help keep their motivation up. Some days it's pretty hard to drag them into the gym.

Awesome transformation.

Keep up the great work.

Of course your have my permission. I'm just happy to actually be a form of motivation for somebody.

.... Never thought I'd hear that.

Guido
12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
I underwent a serious transformation and I owe much of it to this website.

If WBB ever wants to do a commercial you can take the before and after pics of Invain, Stump, myself and some others and we can do a testimonial blurb like, "WBB worked for ME!". or it could be like those Subway Jared commercials with us trying to put on our old t-shirts and ripping them instead of showing everyone our old fat-pants. :D

SaVvY
12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
I actually had a comment on possible stretch marks in my post, but then I removed it before posting ;) I felt I wasn't qualified to comment, since I have never gained so fast, and thus never had any stretch marks. I don't know what level of quick gains would result in stretch marks.

I still remember watching some WWF in sixth grade at school one day, and our teacher pointing out some stretch marks on "The British Bulldog". :)
bulldog used to train at the gym ive been training at, theres a big picture of him on the wall - massive arms

im pretty sure i am qualified to comment on this - when i gained 82lbs in about 9 months i got loads of stretch marks, my arms an legs are convered in them, an i have some on my back an hips..in my experiences with them, they take years to get to the point where you can hardly see them, so its a big deal

before you go that extra mile on a bulk, you have to ask yourself, do you really 'need' to gain all this weight?

Invain
12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
82 pounds in 9 months? :eek:

Holy crap dude.

Invain
12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
I underwent a serious transformation and I owe much of it to this website.

If WBB ever wants to do a commercial you can take the before and after pics of Invain, Stump, myself and some others and we can do a testimonial blurb like, "WBB worked for ME!". or it could be like those Subway Jared commercials with us trying to put on our old t-shirts and ripping them instead of showing everyone our old fat-pants. :D

Haha, that'd be great.

theman
12-03-2006, 08:15 PM
One of the first responses was from Anthony, and it was the legendary phrase: "Gain 50 pounds" It sounded rediculous at the time, becuase I weighed 140 pounds

How did you gain 60lbs in 1 year? Was it natural or...........?

Invain
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes it was natural.

I'll tell you my secret though...

(Food)

theman
12-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes it was natural.

I'll tell you my secret though...

(Food)

I am listening.

Invain