PDA

View Full Version : Bench 225x5, 275x2

WBBIRL
11-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Supposed to get 315 and the 325 on film, but I get home to find out that I have like 4 seconds of the 315 and none at all of the 325. Which sucks =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zyr80Pi-Yk 275x2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Jw38gPj4g 225x5

Comments/Criticizim welcome.

I'd also REALLY like to know why you tube is screwing up my sound. The videos are fine on my PC and my camera. I've even converted the .mov's to avi's and make a dvd of my movies with nero which plays fine on my ps3 and doesnt have the stupid sound defects.

Jordanbcool
11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
IMO looks WAY to easy. I think you should get a spotter and really max out. Both lifts seemed like you werent even trying and the 225x5 looked more like a warm-up. So, I guess this can be considered good because that means you can do more weight. Atleast I think so.

Also. Does being as big as you are (sorry if I offend you) bother you? I love my strength right now and my lifts have been going up pretty steadily but at the same time I'm starting to get chubby. I know my bodyfat is around 20% but I dont know if I should keep going and bulk up to 230-240 or stop now and start my dreaded 4 month cut early.

Eh I just don't know.....I've really been slacking on my cardio but I didnt think my diet was that bad...I've gained alot of strength/weight in the past month but me and my mother noticed today that I'm def. getting fatter.

WBBIRL
11-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Being that big REALLY bothers me, in a lot of ways. I'm extremely self conscious of my appearance.

I used to be 100% about #'s, but now I'm really starting to change my opinions. I'm going to be doing PSMF and shed as much fat as I can in 2 months. I'll probably be using Nitor to help with that, whenever it does come to market.

But yea, im very unpleased at this point.

Jordanbcool
11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Being that big REALLY bothers me, in a lot of ways. I'm extremely self conscious of my appearance.

I used to be 100% about #'s, but now I'm really starting to change my opinions. I'm going to be doing PSMF and shed as much fat as I can in 2 months. I'll probably be using Nitor to help with that, whenever it does come to market.

But yea, im very unpleased at this point.

I'm starting to get that way too. I get compliments for how strong I am and what not but walking around the house today my mom was like "wow jordan your getting a big stomach". And then I went into the bathroom and was like "wow, shes right". Its annoying because theres parts of me that I dont like and that I think are still small, like my traps, forearms, calves all those annoying little parts that I wanted to bring up before I started cutting.

I think what I'll have to do is just start cutting a month early.......

Fuzzy
11-23-2006, 03:37 AM
Damn... your a big boy

WBBIRL
11-23-2006, 05:09 AM
Thanks man, but I'm far from where I want to be physique wise.

WBBIRL
11-23-2006, 05:12 AM
I'm starting to get that way too. I get compliments for how strong I am and what not but walking around the house today my mom was like "wow jordan your getting a big stomach". And then I went into the bathroom and was like "wow, shes right". Its annoying because theres parts of me that I dont like and that I think are still small, like my traps, forearms, calves all those annoying little parts that I wanted to bring up before I started cutting.

I think what I'll have to do is just start cutting a month early.......

Please tell me thats not you in your avatar, if it is your damn huge lol!!

As long as you hit those parts as hard as you hit the rest then there's probably not much else you can do to improve said areas. I know that probably the thing I want to improve the most is my lats, their either damn tiny or hidden by the excess bodyfat.

KevinStarke
11-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Way too easy, max out man!

Jordanbcool
11-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Please tell me thats not you in your avatar, if it is your damn huge lol!!

As long as you hit those parts as hard as you hit the rest then there's probably not much else you can do to improve said areas. I know that probably the thing I want to improve the most is my lats, their either damn tiny or hidden by the excess bodyfat.

That was me a few months back in contest shape. My bodyfat was pretty low, now I'm much fatter, so shirtless I dont look nearly as big.

Bohizzle
11-23-2006, 03:27 PM
That was me a few months back in contest shape. My bodyfat was pretty low, now I'm much fatter, so shirtless I dont look nearly as big.
prove it :D

KevinStarke
11-23-2006, 03:46 PM

Sarcasm?

Jordanbcool
11-23-2006, 04:04 PM
lol. nah it wasnt sarcasm I was just messing around :D

Actually its a picture of my favorite bodybuilder (besides arnie of course) kevin levrone. I think the picture was taken in 99 IMO his best shape.

WBBIRL
11-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Way too easy, max out man!

The 325 got smoked just like that 275x2 did, I wanna start PSMF but I also want to max out again. Maybe I'll put PSMF off for two weeks and just do a 1500 calorie normal diet so I can max out on bench again.

Fuzzy
11-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Levrone rules... thought I recognised the head.

Nicoman
11-24-2006, 04:25 AM
WB...I was 285 at my heaviest and the only thing that helped me was to up my caloric intake and get about 3000 calories a day........kinda fool my body into thinking it was getting a surplus of food. That way it stopped being in the oh god I am starving mode(pack on fat) to the oh my god I am getting a surplus of protein and carbs and healthy fats mode(build muscle). Lifting hard through the whole thing and not caring about cardio. Most people with leaner physiques will probably disagree, but I have found none had ever been on any fad diets like you and I have probably been on before. You know like weight watchers, stupid carb combining things, low calorie diets and such. It seems that us big guys need to feed out bodies more and let our bodies think that we are never going to let it starve again.

I really do not know if it will help but I was once a big boy like you and gotten down to a decent weight. ofcourse I would like to be leaner......I wil try my hardest on my next cut after the holidays and see what I can do.

WBBIRL
11-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Never did any "fad" diet of sorts, but I did try calorie restrictions a few times. I'm sure they've failed because I've failed them in the sense that people in general (who don't be 100% meticulous) have a very horrible idea about how much they are consuming and how active they really are. In those videos I could be anywhere from 303 to 310 so I'd just say I'm 305 in them.

I'll be doing my damnedest to drop as much fat as I can over the next 5 months.

Jordanbcool
11-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Never did any "fad" diet of sorts, but I did try calorie restrictions a few times. I'm sure they've failed because I've failed them in the sense that people in general (who don't be 100% meticulous) have a very horrible idea about how much they are consuming and how active they really are. In those videos I could be anywhere from 303 to 310 so I'd just say I'm 305 in them.

I'll be doing my damnedest to drop as much fat as I can over the next 5 months.

From reading this a psmf def. seems up your alley. You cant really over or under estimate food. As long as you have a small digital scale to weigh chicken breasts (since thats all you really eat) you're gold.

With someone your size you can lose 4lbs of fat a week (if not more) even after the initial 20lb water/carb loss.

WBBIRL
11-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I do believe I have a suitable scale (well my mother does). But yea your right, extremely fat people can drop tons of the stuff (esp if my maintenance is even in the ballpark of where it should be for my weight). After reading a bit on lyle's fourms I have to say the guys far more educated in the area then i'd have EVER given him credit for having just only read the PDF.

Roark
11-24-2006, 05:34 PM
lifts looked really easy for you man

to echo other's sentiments

i think you should cut for a good long while and then focus on the numbers

keep it up!!

WBBIRL
11-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Those lifts were cake, but I've decided cutting it is. I need to get lean and then worry about getting big.

Davidelmo
11-25-2006, 07:41 AM
You're definately very very strong. If I were in your position I would probably try and PSMF or UD2.0 the first 50lbs. Get yourself down to 250 and then do a conventional cut to get rid of the rest.

If you do lose some strength it will return quickly once you go back to a normal diet. I would worry more about getting rid of the excess fat first, for health reasons as well as appearence.

That's just my 0.02c. You have the best learning resource here and some absolute dieting experts who can help you. Dont lose motivation!

Jordanbcool
11-25-2006, 03:46 PM
If done right a psmf shouldnt really have you losing that much strength.

Like any diet you'd lose more muscle then strength anyways. You only lift twice a week, hit it hard both times and get some simple carbs (small bottle of gatorade) pre-workout. You shouldnt lose much of muscle or strength if you do it right.

I'd buy the book or get your hands on a PSMF pdf before doing this wbbirl. I was helping a few board members with a psmf but you are much higher then them so it wouldnt be the same....plus the book is invaluable anyways with all the information it carries.

IMO david.....a UD2 at his weight would be devastating. The huge carb ups would kill his fat burning and he'd probably GAIN alot of fat on a diet like that.

WBBIRL
11-26-2006, 12:20 AM
I have all of Lyle's PDFs and have so far read over the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and his Guide to flexible dieting. UD2.0 is a better diet for when im down to around 230 at 15% or so, If I ever care to get learner then that.

Biggest problem is getting enough protein, the minimum is going to be about 200g per day. I've done the cals for a few days now (not quite as low, because I don't have adequate protein) and the deficit doesn't bother me but without the protein intake being there I'm doing more bad then good.

Davidelmo
11-26-2006, 06:55 AM
You're just going to have to stomach it and try to eat lots of lean meat. That's probably your best bet. You can make protein shakes of course but I think you'd definately be better off with a blend rather than whey only. You'd probably also want to drink it with water rather than milk.

Why exactly are you having trouble getting 200g protein a day? How many calories are you on?

WBBIRL
11-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I'll be on less then 1,000 when I start PSMF. I'll need to have alot of turkey, chicken and tuna around for when I start. I need to get as much protein as close to pure as I can.

Jordanbcool
11-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I'll be on less then 1,000 when I start PSMF. I'll need to have alot of turkey, chicken and tuna around for when I start. I need to get as much protein as close to pure as I can.

Thats essentially the diet. I always called it the chicken diet. My family always thought I was weird but its extremly effective for losing fat while sparing most of your muscle.

WBBIRL
11-26-2006, 02:16 PM
From everything I've been reading (which is a lot due to socially being a loser) its everything I could ever ask for in a cut.

Keeps the vast majority of my lean muscle while using the unsightly bodyfat for fuel. I won't pretend to be a biology major and fully understand all of the more inclined ideas about what exactly takes place and why but I understand it enough to know that it's what I want to do.

I also sit here and look at my highschool football pictures, namely my 9th grade ones where im looking damned big and relatively lean at 260 pounds. It's discourging, because I know atleast to some degree what I'm capable of and I'm no where near that level yet.

Jordanbcool
11-26-2006, 02:43 PM
From everything I've been reading (which is a lot due to socially being a loser) its everything I could ever ask for in a cut.

Keeps the vast majority of my lean muscle while using the unsightly bodyfat for fuel. I won't pretend to be a biology major and fully understand all of the more inclined ideas about what exactly takes place and why but I understand it enough to know that it's what I want to do.

I also sit here and look at my highschool football pictures, namely my 9th grade ones where im looking damned big and relatively lean at 260 pounds. It's discourging, because I know atleast to some degree what I'm capable of and I'm no where near that level yet.

Meh. You'll get there. If you follow this PSMF you could be pretty lean by june maybe even 15% or less....Just stick with it. Progress takes time but you got a lot of it.

WBBIRL
11-26-2006, 02:46 PM
A ****ing men to that brother, if its one thing I do have at this point its time.

I'm patient enough, I know the spoils of the war.

Davidelmo
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Have you got a journal?

If not, you should make one. That would make sure you are held accountable for any lack of progress ;)

Nicoman
11-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Hmm gonna starve yourself some more on a 1000 calorie a day diet huh? I guess what I said went right through one ear and out the other. Last time I try to help you big dude. Keep doing what you are doing :)

Fuzzy
11-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Jordan, you seem to understand this alot.

Would you recommend this diet to someone my age?

I have a $2,500 power rack deal with my bro riding on me getting a set of visible abs.

If I were to do the sub 1,000, all chicken and lean meats diet for say 8 weeks, then I should drop very fast.

Only question is being as young as I am, God knows when my body is gonna decide it feels like a growth spurt, and Im sure it would be very damaging if Im on low calories. Just cause my body will not have enough energy to grow.

I reckon for anywere from 4-8 weeks would be ok. Agreed?

In this time I could hopefully drop a good amount of fat.

And WWBIRL... If you want to get lean, then thats your choice, Im only doing it for rowing and the rack, otherwise Id be doing what you were doing prior to you wanting to cut. Eatign big, lifting big, and getting very damn strong.

Your a strong dude, I honestly would not mind looking like you, and pulling numbers like that.

Good luck bro, do what makes you happy, I know I am.

WBBIRL
11-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Have you got a journal?

If not, you should make one. That would make sure you are held accountable for any lack of progress ;)

I have a journal, which is until next week my lifting journal

Hmm gonna starve yourself some more on a 1000 calorie a day diet huh? I guess what I said went right through one ear and out the other. Last time I try to help you big dude. Keep doing what you are doing :)

The diet will be done it 8 week cycles, If I see no negligable difference in my weight/appearance over the first 2 months then I'll do a more traditional diet.

Jordan, you seem to understand this alot.

Would you recommend this diet to someone my age?

I have a $2,500 power rack deal with my bro riding on me getting a set of visible abs.

If I were to do the sub 1,000, all chicken and lean meats diet for say 8 weeks, then I should drop very fast.

Only question is being as young as I am, God knows when my body is gonna decide it feels like a growth spurt, and Im sure it would be very damaging if Im on low calories. Just cause my body will not have enough energy to grow.

I reckon for anywere from 4-8 weeks would be ok. Agreed?

In this time I could hopefully drop a good amount of fat.

And WWBIRL... If you want to get lean, then thats your choice, Im only doing it for rowing and the rack, otherwise Id be doing what you were doing prior to you wanting to cut. Eatign big, lifting big, and getting very damn strong.

Your a strong dude, I honestly would not mind looking like you, and pulling numbers like that.

Good luck bro, do what makes you happy, I know I am.

Bro trust me, you WOULD mind looking like me. Your low body fat as it is, so PSMF probably isn't for you. You could try Ultimate Diet 2.0 (another of Lyle McDonalds PDF's). I wouldn't recommend eith.er diet, but UD2.0 is more suited towards someone who's already fairly lean

Nicoman
11-27-2006, 03:35 AM
WB The body is an amazing thing. If you keep starving it what will happen is that it will stay in a conservation mode of packing on fat because it literally thinks you are starving. You need to up your caloric intake and take in as many grams of protein and fat as you can and only consume carbs on your first meal of the day preferably as soon as you wake up and after workouts to up your muscle glycogen levels.

I was pushing 300 pounds at one point and use to go on diets consuming 1500 calories a day. I put my body in starvation mode and it would pack on the fat as soon as I stopped. Do not live this way. Up your caloric intake to at least 2500 to 3000. Your body might respond to it by gaining a little weight at first but after about a month of eating correctly for your body type you will start to loose fat and keep the muscle.

I see a bunch of skinny dudes in here telling you that these diets work but I tell you what.....they will never understand how we got to where I was and where you are now. I know they mean well but I bet they were never overweight like us and have no clue about our body types. They eat and eat and can never seem to gain a pound. They wish they had our genetics to naturally be able to get big FAST.

I am now at a point where I need to eat at least 3500 calories a day to keep my muscle and as long as I do not eat fast foods and sugar I stay at the same weight. In fact if I do not eat I get weaker and my body wants to pack on fat.

Eat well, eat often and lift hard, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you look good man. Feed your mind positive ideas into it about yourself and your body and mind will respond to it.

If you want an idea of what I eat during the day let me know if what I have typed in here makes no sense to you then ...............nevermind.

Fuzzy
11-27-2006, 03:42 AM
^^^ WEll, why not experiment, WBBIRL seems keen on trying it, if he drops fat like theres no tommorow, then its obviously good for him.

If he doesnt, hell kick himself for 8 weeks wasted, and try another tack.

Nicoman
11-27-2006, 03:53 AM
^^^ WEll, why not experiment, WBBIRL seems keen on trying it, if he drops fat like theres no tommorow, then its obviously good for him.

If he doesnt, hell kick himself for 8 weeks wasted, and try another tack.

You seem not to understand that there is no quick fix for being a fat guy. I know you mean well but have you ever been 300 pounds of fat? I like that you give WB encouragement so keep giving him that. It helps sooo much to get a good job or excellent work from your peers.

It took me 2 years to reduce my bodyweight from 290 to 218. That is about 3 pounds a month. Slow weight loss is best in our case. We keep it off and we do not have to eat like birds when we are done with loosing the bulk of fat.

He keeps his body in starvation mode he is just going to fail and probably get fatter.

I feel for you WB. I use to be really fat too, I had to totally change my way of thinking and eating. I know what it is like, these other guys have no clue about being that way.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 06:48 AM
WB The body is an amazing thing. If you keep starving it what will happen is that it will stay in a conservation mode of packing on fat because it literally thinks you are starving. You need to up your caloric intake and take in as many grams of protein and fat as you can and only consume carbs on your first meal of the day preferably as soon as you wake up and after workouts to up your muscle glycogen levels.

I was pushing 300 pounds at one point and use to go on diets consuming 1500 calories a day. I put my body in starvation mode and it would pack on the fat as soon as I stopped. Do not live this way. Up your caloric intake to at least 2500 to 3000. Your body might respond to it by gaining a little weight at first but after about a month of eating correctly for your body type you will start to loose fat and keep the muscle.

I see a bunch of skinny dudes in here telling you that these diets work but I tell you what.....they will never understand how we got to where I was and where you are now. I know they mean well but I bet they were never overweight like us and have no clue about our body types. They eat and eat and can never seem to gain a pound. They wish they had our genetics to naturally be able to get big FAST.

I am now at a point where I need to eat at least 3500 calories a day to keep my muscle and as long as I do not eat fast foods and sugar I stay at the same weight. In fact if I do not eat I get weaker and my body wants to pack on fat.

Eat well, eat often and lift hard, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you look good man. Feed your mind positive ideas into it about yourself and your body and mind will respond to it.

If you want an idea of what I eat during the day let me know if what I have typed in here makes no sense to you then ...............nevermind.

No.

Wbbirl. Follow the PSMF it will work. Carb cutting alone is never the answer.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 06:54 AM
You seem not to understand that there is no quick fix for being a fat guy. I know you mean well but have you ever been 300 pounds of fat? I like that you give WB encouragement so keep giving him that. It helps sooo much to get a good job or excellent work from your peers.

It took me 2 years to reduce my bodyweight from 290 to 218. That is about 3 pounds a month. Slow weight loss is best in our case. We keep it off and we do not have to eat like birds when we are done with loosing the bulk of fat.

He keeps his body in starvation mode he is just going to fail and probably get fatter.

I feel for you WB. I use to be really fat too, I had to totally change my way of thinking and eating. I know what it is like, these other guys have no clue about being that way.

You are under the impression that a PSMF is just like any other fad diet. Super low calories, eating plain boring food and eating celery sticks all day. Its not that at all.

Its a combination of proper protein intake, reffeeds, free meals, heavy training and a few simple supplements all combined to form an effective fat burning environment while saving LBM in overweight individuals. If WBBIRL were to follow your idea, he would probably end up gaining weight or atleast not losing enough to get motivated. Motivation is the number one killer of diets and when WBBIRL sees his weight start to drop on a consistant basis he will stick with it.

Metabolic rate does slow down on a PSMF but the monster calorie deficit is so high your body isnt able to adapt fast enough, or to that large a degree to stop fat loss.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Fuzzy. A psmf at your bodyfat would kill alot of your muscle. Of course you CAN do a PSMF at low bodyfat levels (I may do it myself when I get lower) but you tend to run into more problems the lower you are. This has to do with hormones and what not.

I second the UD2 diet if you really want to diet down to a six pack. But again, it could def. interfere with your overall growth as a person (height, bones etc.)

Organichu
11-27-2006, 10:56 AM

Really? :)

I was over 240 lbs of lard- over 35% bf.

In just under three months I underwent serious recomposition with PSMF to 184 lbs with under 16% bf.

It's been more than 8 months since the end of my diet and I haven't gone above 20% bf.

It can work if you want it to work.

Anthony
11-27-2006, 11:07 AM
You definitely make the 275x2 look easy!! Awesome work!

I don't think you should do a PSMF. You got to where you are because you have bad eating habits. Fix the habits and you'll be set. Look for a quick fix and you'll more than likely continue to yo-yo.

silhouette
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM

In just under three months I underwent serious recomposition with PSMF to 184 lbs with under 16% bf.

It's been more than 8 months since the end of my diet and I haven't gone above 20% bf.

Do you have your plan written up anywhere? I'd be interested to see it.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't think you should do a PSMF. You got to where you are because you have bad eating habits. Fix the habits and you'll be set. Look for a quick fix and you'll more than likely continue to yo-yo.

This raises a good point.

WBBIRL. Did you get fat on purpose or did it just kinda sneak up on you. Getting fat on purpose can be considered bulking BTW.

Regardless a PSMF would be far more effective in getting rid of fat fast then any other diet but anthony has a good point. This PSMF could have bad consequences if you have terrible eating habits to start with. A psmf is good for getting back on the horse but it can't make it move....if you know what I mean.

Organichu
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM

This much I can agree with. By the time I finally decided to stick to PSMF, I already had a decent grasp on my self-control and had mastered my discipline.

No offense, because I admire a lot of what you've done- but you haven't shown the discipline (at least from what I've seen) to do something this draconian and then have a seamless segue into moderation.

It's difficult. If you don't know that you're ready for it, don't do it.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 01:23 PM
It's difficult. If you don't know that you're ready for it, don't do it.

I agree

Nicoman
11-27-2006, 01:59 PM
You are under the impression that a PSMF is just like any other fad diet. Super low calories, eating plain boring food and eating celery sticks all day. Its not that at all.

Its a combination of proper protein intake, reffeeds, free meals, heavy training and a few simple supplements all combined to form an effective fat burning environment while saving LBM in overweight individuals. If WBBIRL were to follow your idea, he would probably end up gaining weight or at least not losing enough to get motivated. Motivation is the number one killer of diets and when WBBIRL sees his weight start to drop on a consistent basis he will stick with it.

Metabolic rate does slow down on a PSMF but the monster calorie deficit is so high your body isnt able to adapt fast enough, or to that large a degree to stop fat loss.

-jordan

See this is what I mean......I saw your journal pictures in your thread and you are a skinny dude.....no offense of course. So how would you be able to tell a fat guy how to get skinny if you have never been fat before. It must be so hard for you to gain weight. Well for us it is easy so we have to change the way we eat not just do some crazy diet that will kill muscle as well as fat, that is just absurd. I know you mean well but advice like this is not good for WB, just keep giving him motivation by giving him good compliments but stay out of telling him how to loose weight.

Ok maybe not you :) but this is the first time I see you post in here.

You definitely make the 275x2 look easy!! Awesome work!

Muy bien Anthony......you always have good advice and people listen to you. Thanks for posting.

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
See this is what I mean......I saw your journal pictures in your thread and you are a skinny dude.....no offense of course. So how would you be able to tell a fat guy how to get skinny if you have never been fat before. It must be so hard for you to gain weight. Well for us it is easy so we have to change the way we eat not just do some crazy diet that will kill muscle as well as fat, that is just absurd. I know you mean well but advice like this is not good for WB, just keep giving him motivation by giving him good compliments but stay out of telling him how to loose weight.

You dont really know me bud.

2 years ago I weighed 212 at 27% bodyfat (even before then I was always above 25%). Everything I tried failed....then I started lifting hard, I joined WBB and dropped down to 14% or so. Bulked back up to 20% then tried to lose the weight again....Since I wasnt a noob anymore nothing worked (again).......not even built could really help me (at no fault to her own). I found the PSMF to be one of the easiest diets to follow. I didnt have to worry about what to eat because it was all cut out for me. I didnt need to run 3 hours a day and the upped protein was particularly satisfying. Using both lyles PSMF and UD2 diets I got down to 13% last June. My lowest bodyfat I've ever gotten in my entire life.

Right now I'm bulking. I weigh 220-225 at 19% bodyfat. I'm not scrawny or skinny anymore. While I was never as big as WBBIRL I have been obese before so I do know how it feels. Joining WBB was one of the best things I've ever done next to starting out that diet..

Jordanbcool
11-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Case and point.

First pic was me at 27% a little over two-three years ago.

Second Picture was taken last April.

Third picture was taken last june.

I have yet to post any recent ones but I can gurantee you I look nothing like any of these three pictures posted. I'm bigger then the last one but skinnier then the first one.

Davidelmo
11-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Like jordan said, it's not a stupid fad diet ("LOSE 7 POUNDS IN 4 DAYS") which sheds water weight and rebounds as soon as you eat normally. Lyle gives you tips for coming off the diet too. You dont just go from 1500kcal a day back to maintenance. There's a proper, structured way to do it.

I haven't done it myself I admit, but I've seen enough evidence and testimonials to say that it works.

I disagree with anthony on a few points though (never though I'd say that.) While I agree that bad eating habits got you into your current position, I feel the benefits of dropping body fat quickly outweight the lessons you'd learn about discipline and healthy eating habits from doing it the long way. Might as well drop down to under 20% and then use a conventional cutting diet and work on eating clean and healthy.

WBBIRL
11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I never intended to be 300 pounds at any one point in my life, let alone at 30% + BF.

I was always big, but the weight never really took off until my 9th grade year in high school. I was fairly active and played football so I held it alot better then I do now.

If you understand the diet, PSMF allows you to reap the full benefits of starvation with none of the cons. I know my eating habits are out of wack, but im almost to a point where I sustain a bodyweight in a healthy manner. The problem being that this bodyweight is now 300 pounds.

Personally, this is more for me then for others. I do care what others think, nearly everyone does. But I care MORE about what I think of my appearance and I think I look like crap right now, so its time to change that.

Wannabelean
12-02-2006, 07:44 AM
I agree with Nicoman.. WBBIRL, man.. You are getting strong, but you still haven't gotten it together with a healthy diet. You need to worry about doing a healthy diet, and learning better discipline before you do that.. Why? Well, because you are going to gain all of the fat back when you finally eat again. I was almost 400lbs one time and I know what starvation type diets do.

Get yourself together man, get healthy, stop worrying about the #'s so much and get yourself at a healthy weight. You don't need to lose it all in 6 months, work on your discipline. I have watched you lapse over and over for over a year now.

Good luck to you man, get healthy, you will be happier with yourself and strength will maintain if you do it right.

WBBIRL
12-02-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm working on it big man, I'm more focused then ever before and I've conceded my numbers to my general health.

Jordanbcool
12-02-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm working on it big man, I'm more focused then ever before and I've conceded my numbers to my general health.

What did you decide?

Me and dave suggested a PSMF to get you into a healthy weight level but anthony thinks you should clean up your eating habits first and do a slower diet before starting all that.

What did you decide on in the end?

WBBIRL
12-03-2006, 05:29 AM
It was decided for me that I take Anthony's advice. My financial situation saw to that.

So I'll probably but 2 or 3 tubs of nitrean to help keep protein at respectable levels and just lift heavy - cut/watch calories with some cardio and see how it goes.

I might give PSMF a shot, but until I make some more money and get my financial responsibilities under control it just can't happen. I can't afford to pay for everything I'll be eating for the next 4 months. Not with a car loan, car insurance and the other odds and ends I have to front myself.

Wannabelean
12-03-2006, 05:46 AM
What kind of car did ya get man?

Davidelmo
12-03-2006, 06:03 AM
It was decided for me that I take Anthony's advice. My financial situation saw to that.

So I'll probably but 2 or 3 tubs of nitrean to help keep protein at respectable levels and just lift heavy - cut/watch calories with some cardio and see how it goes.

I might give PSMF a shot, but until I make some more money and get my financial responsibilities under control it just can't happen. I can't afford to pay for everything I'll be eating for the next 4 months. Not with a car loan, car insurance and the other odds and ends I have to front myself.

Cool. Well, good luck with your goals. Either way you will lose weight for the good of your health so the outcome is still the same. Best of luck.

Nicoman
12-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I agree with Nicoman.. WBBIRL, man.. You are getting strong, but you still haven't gotten it together with a healthy diet. You need to worry about doing a healthy diet, and learning better discipline before you do that.. Why? Well, because you are going to gain all of the fat back when you finally eat again. I was almost 400lbs one time and I know what starvation type diets do.

Get yourself together man, get healthy, stop worrying about the #'s so much and get yourself at a healthy weight. You don't need to lose it all in 6 months, work on your discipline. I have watched you lapse over and over for over a year now.

Good luck to you man, get healthy, you will be happier with yourself and strength will maintain if you do it right.

Finally some sense, I stopped posting in this thread because of the horrible advice some were giving. People that really should not be telling someone as big as WB and as big as I once was how to get leaner when they really have never been big themselves. Good to see you have changed your mind about this WB hope to see more progress soon.