View Full Version : [request] recipes for foods high in unsaturated fats
11-23-2006, 06:26 PM
i'm trying to add more unsaturated fats to my diet. any recipes would be appreciated! thanks!
how bout a salad with olive oil based dressing
12-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Deep fry things in canola oil.
12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
salmon (or most cold water fish for that matter ie mackerel, herring)
Tips to substitute when making your food:
- saute with olive oil instead of butter
- use olive oil rather than vegetable oil in salad dressing and marinades
- sprinkle nuts or sunflower seeds on salads instead of bacon bits
- snack on small handfulls of nuts rather than chips or processed crackers
- Try peanut or other nut-butter spreads (nonhydrogenated, duh) on celery, bananas, or rice cakes
- Try avocado rather than cheese on your sandwich
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.