PDA

View Full Version : My man boobs and I

GroundControl
11-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Hows it goin, I've been lifting seriously for about 4 months now and the definition in my arms and shoulders is excellent compared to what I started with. I started lifting in Sept. at 285Lb (6'2'' 20Yrs. old ) and am now down to 265 with 26%BF, I would have had bigger weight loss but I was fasting for the month of Ramadan and that **** completely ****ed my metabolism for a minute. My Diet is usually something like this :

Breakfast 3-4 Eggwhites w/ whole wheat toast
snack ( either a shake, veggies or something low carb )
Lunch is almost always a salad with different veggies ( I make my own salads at my schools salad bar ), grilled chicken
snack
Dinner - usually another salad, but sometimes ill switch it up with some salmon steaks or some **** like that

I've lost some serious fat off my shoulders, back, face, legs and arms but my ****in midsection is like base camp for fat. I still have these tits and its pissin me off, I work out 3-4 days a week for 1.5Hrs each session and do about 20min cardio after each lifting day, and do 1.5hrs cardio on non lifting days. I ****ed up these last couple days because I came back home from school and just got ****in hammered, been eating **** like a mother****er, gonna resume my diet tomorrow. can someone please tell me what to do so that I can get some off this weight off my midsection ? I do incline DB Presses, Bench Presses, DB flyes and all that crap, Idk wat else to do, BTW I take a multi V and whey shakes, I have hydroxycut too but I dont use it, someone please let me know what I can do to get this **** off my chest, thanks for any help

IZich
11-23-2006, 06:37 PM
lol i see you're pissed off.
I'd say that based off of your description of losing fat in other areas, your body simply likes to hoard fat on the midsection. Sucks, I know, believe me. Different people's bodies hold fat in different areas and are more stubborn to get out. My only advice is to keep at it.
It seems like you're doing a great job being consistent, as you're losing fat from everywhere else. Only dedication and consistency will get you to lose fat in the stubborn midsection area. you can do it!

ShockBoxer
11-23-2006, 06:39 PM
You're going to have man boobs until about 20% or so. I certainly did, anyways. Hell, they're still not as lean as I'd like at 15 or 16%. In other words you're doing everything right you just need to keep dropping body fat to 'get this **** off my chest'.

nhlfan
11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
you're doing too much cardio and volume imo. Just remember that you cannot spot reduce fat, and working your chest with weights will not reduce the fat in that area alone.

now that ramadan is over, get your diet back in check and get a better workout program.

WBBIRL
11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
You cant spot reduce, but wrather you lose body fat in a kinda global effort. Try yohimbe if your very desperate but I'd say keep with your current diet and perhaps drop the cardio down a little bit. Your just going to have to keep trimming fat until they shape up to where you'd like.

BTW, I say ditch the cardio for the sake of your CNS. You'll be able to lift with more intensity. You don't have to ditch it, but I'd keep it under 3 hours total for every week until you really start to lean out.

peacefrog
11-24-2006, 01:48 AM
OMG! If a religion was interfering with my training, I would be tempted to become an agnostic/atheist.

;)

GroundControl
11-24-2006, 02:00 PM
OMG! If a religion was interfering with my training, I would be tempted to become an agnostic/atheist.

;)

LOL Yea man we do some incredible acts for the things we believe in

Hmmm.. Drop cardio down to under 3hrs a week ? Sounds good, what about dropping lifting back to 3days a week ( 5-10 Min cardio before each session just to loosen up ), and cardio for 1 Hr the other 2 days just to keep the calorie usage up. This would help out with my schedule as well, more time on the weekends to get hammered :nod:

Anyone have anything to say about the Hydroxycut ? Its the "new" one, not the hardcore, its just the new formula. I've only taken it a couple times, but I was reading and read that fat burners are good before the gym and cardio ?

Thanks alot people, great forum you guys got goin, can't wait till I can hold up my girl with one hand :hump:

Blasian
11-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I definately agree with everyone else. You cannot spot reduce fat. Also, I would recommend evaluating what type of cardio you are doing. Remember that it is about quality and not quantity. I used to be in your situation before and something that worked really well for me was fluctuating my intensity levels(up and down) while doing my cardio. You can google and find plenty of different cardio workouts out there. Experiment with a couple and find one that works best for you. As far as taking hydroxycut, I wouldn't do it. Your body is already working hard at targeting the fat in your body. Save the fat burner until you've hit a plateau and even then you should evaluate your diet before taking a fat burner. And lastly, I'm not sure if you are joking about getting hammered or being serious. But if you are serious about dropping the weight, in my opinion you should drop the booze. It takes a lot of sacrafice and consistency to get into the shape that you want to be in. Continue to be dedicated and you'll definately see results. Good Luck!

WBBIRL
11-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Drinking will be detrimental to your weight (or more specifically fat) loss goals. I believe alcohol has 7 calories per gram, and on a heavy drinking episode it wouldn't be unbelievable to drink 1500-2000 calories or more from the drinks. Not when a beer averages 100 calories per bottle.

Songsangnim
11-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Hows it goin, I've been lifting seriously for about 4 months now and the definition in my arms and shoulders is excellent compared to what I started with. I started lifting in Sept. at 285Lb (6'2'' 20Yrs. old ) and am now down to 265 with 26%BF, I would have had bigger weight loss but I was fasting for the month of Ramadan and that **** completely ****ed my metabolism for a minute. My Diet is usually something like this :

Breakfast 3-4 Eggwhites w/ whole wheat toast
snack ( either a shake, veggies or something low carb )
Lunch is almost always a salad with different veggies ( I make my own salads at my schools salad bar ), grilled chicken
snack
Dinner - usually another salad, but sometimes ill switch it up with some salmon steaks or some **** like that

I've lost some serious fat off my shoulders, back, face, legs and arms but my ****in midsection is like base camp for fat. I still have these tits and its pissin me off, I work out 3-4 days a week for 1.5Hrs each session and do about 20min cardio after each lifting day, and do 1.5hrs cardio on non lifting days. I ****ed up these last couple days because I came back home from school and just got ****in hammered, been eating **** like a mother****er, gonna resume my diet tomorrow. can someone please tell me what to do so that I can get some off this weight off my midsection ? I do incline DB Presses, Bench Presses, DB flyes and all that crap, Idk wat else to do, BTW I take a multi V and whey shakes, I have hydroxycut too but I dont use it, someone please let me know what I can do to get this **** off my chest, thanks for any help

Fat is simply from excess calories. Eat less and drink less (alcohol). As for Ramadan you CAN eat when the sun goes down correct? Just no eating or drinking between sunup and sundown?

Would something along these lines work for you?
Sleep when you get home from school for about six hours and then stay awake throughout the night feeding at intervals, doing your homework, and whatever you need to do. About three hours before school have a 1-2 hour nap. That should get you enough sleep (about 7-8 hours). Then you would get up, go to school and repeat. When Ramadan is over, simply revert back to your old schedule (although it might take a couple of days to adjust).

That would have the advantage of tasking your metabolism less harshly.

As for the training, that's already been covered below. Good luck with your goals!
If you haven't already you might want to start a journal so you can get regular feedback.

Davidelmo
11-26-2006, 06:09 AM
So you're following ramadan but go out drinking on weekends.. am I missing something here?

Trust me, if you're serious about losing fat and improving your health, cut out the alcohol. Binge drinking is a definite no-no. Once you're down to a leaner and lower weight then you can start drinking socially again. Weightlifting shouldn't consumke your whole life or stop you having fun. Just keep it in moderation.

JimyYeags
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Just a thought when I go on and off creatine, its like night and day on my pecs. When I m on creatine just for 2 or 3 days theres a direct transformation with my pecs, they become much more defined. I go off of creatine even for 2 or 3 days I get a huge amount of flab back. Anyone know why or how to prevent the flab from coming back, other than the obvious of sticking at the working out?

LivinItUp
12-17-2006, 01:56 PM
So you're following ramadan but go out drinking on weekends.. am I missing something here?

Trust me, if you're serious about losing fat and improving your health, cut out the alcohol. Binge drinking is a definite no-no. Once you're down to a leaner and lower weight then you can start drinking socially again. Weightlifting shouldn't consumke your whole life or stop you having fun. Just keep it in moderation.

He was referring to Ramadan in the past tense, and talking about getting hammered these past couple of days.
Agreed, no need for alcohol ;) No one really cares as long as you're not "that wierdo sober person" haha. I'm crazy enough w/o it.

Ramadan I think you're not supposed to have fun, I got the shaft because my date to a function decided to tell me 2 days beforehand she can't drink, and afterwards that she wasn't supposed to have fun. I was like...:thumbup:
Thanks!

Songsangnim
12-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Just a thought when I go on and off creatine, its like night and day on my pecs. When I m on creatine just for 2 or 3 days theres a direct transformation with my pecs, they become much more defined. I go off of creatine even for 2 or 3 days I get a huge amount of flab back. Anyone know why or how to prevent the flab from coming back, other than the obvious of sticking at the working out?

You don't gain flab, much less a huge amount in 2 or three days. Most likely that's water weight or something along those lines. But it sure isn't fat.