Shenker
11-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Here is me before Bulking.....What do you think???? Im 16 5'11 and 160 lbs

Ruffian
11-24-2006, 10:45 AM
legs? back?

Davidelmo
11-24-2006, 11:00 AM
You look like someone who needs a bulk. Now go do it!

Shenker
11-24-2006, 11:45 AM
here are some other pics just for you Ruffian ;)

Shenker
11-24-2006, 12:07 PM
comments???

jrw
11-24-2006, 12:11 PM
comments???

yea start that bulk and stick with the compound movements, it took me till i was about 20 to realize i need to squat and deadlift, people tend to laugh at you when you can bench 350+ but cant squat 225 for 1 good rep

Shenker
11-24-2006, 12:13 PM
thanks i will be starting on monday :)

McIrish
11-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Shenk, you squat 285? :eek: If that number is remotely accurate, I'm mighty impressed.

Anyhow, welcome to the boards. You've got a good base, now get some food in you! Jrw is right - stick with compounds and eat solidly and you'll see some great changes.

Ricky Bobby
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
I think a bulk is a good idea. You look really lean right now and I imagine your could bulk for a very long time before ever approaching what I would call chubby. So go EAT and lift and love life.

CancerVII
11-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Yes, go with the bulk.

Davidelmo
11-25-2006, 07:35 AM
comments???

Your legs are probably the best muscles you have and you are fairly lean. That's a good thing. You're also 16 so you have a long time to get big and ripped. You could easily get your goal by the time you go to University.

Just bulk up slowly to stop your body fat getting too high, compound movements lots of protein and I'm sure you'll see some quality size.

Shenker
11-25-2006, 08:34 AM
cool:strong: i hope i see the results you guys think i will have :clap: yes and its true i squat 285, any links on a routine for bulking and what to eat??? Thanks

Davidelmo
11-25-2006, 11:03 AM
How long have you been training for?

Shenker
11-25-2006, 11:10 AM
i lifted one summer in 9th grade but then i got a job and only lifted like once a week....i got my max squat the other day with my friends

Davidelmo
11-25-2006, 11:54 AM
i lifted one summer in 9th grade but then i got a job and only lifted like once a week....i got my max squat the other day with my friends

And you squat 285? :scratch: That's insane genetics you have there. Are you sure it was a full ROM squat. You didn't just put the weight on your back and move 2-3 inches did you? Sorry for me being sceptical but I find it hard to believe someone who lifts once a week and doesn't take it seriously.

Anyways, there are lots of routines around. How many days a week are you free to lift? What kind of routine have you used in the past?

Shenker
11-25-2006, 08:43 PM
And you squat 285? :scratch: That's insane genetics you have there. Are you sure it was a full ROM squat. You didn't just put the weight on your back and move 2-3 inches did you? Sorry for me being sceptical but I find it hard to believe someone who lifts once a week and doesn't take it seriously.

Anyways, there are lots of routines around. How many days a week are you free to lift? What kind of routine have you used in the past?

yes a full ROM squat...i do a lot of leg stuff for hockey like running and stuff so it helps a little... you have any links to any routines???....Thanks:thumbup:

ArchAngel777
11-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I am totally confused when it comes to peoples weight. You are my height and really ripped for the most part... However, you have very little muscle mass. I, on the other hand have much more muscle, but won't weigh much more than you in a few months. /boggle... I just don't get it. Not to mention some people who weigh in at 165 (imortal) looks pretty decently sized for only being 165, 7 pounds more, though he is a tad shorter. Anyway, sorry to go off on tagent. You are a prime candidate for a nice bulk and have a great base to work with.

Davidelmo
11-26-2006, 07:03 AM
yes a full ROM squat...i do a lot of leg stuff for hockey like running and stuff so it helps a little... you have any links to any routines???....Thanks:thumbup:

Cool.. well it's definately impressive!

The routine we usually suggest for beginners is WBB1:
http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=25

If you look in the Bodybuilding forum there is a link to BGB (Baby Got Back), written by Built, one of the most knowledgeable forum members here.

The routine I'm on at the moment is a little different but its working well for me. Of course it varies person to person:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459341

To be honest as long as your routine consists of squats, deads, bench, shoulder press, pullups and rows and you eat a lot of good, healthy food, you'll see results! As I've said before, people tend to put way too much emphasis on their workout (using about 3-4hrs a week) and not enough on their diet and rest (the other 160+ hours in the week.)

Davidelmo
11-26-2006, 07:07 AM
I am totally confused when it comes to peoples weight. You are my height and really ripped for the most part... However, you have very little muscle mass. I, on the other hand have much more muscle, but won't weigh much more than you in a few months. /boggle... I just don't get it. Not to mention some people who weigh in at 165 (imortal) looks pretty decently sized for only being 165, 7 pounds more, though he is a tad shorter. Anyway, sorry to go off on tagent. You are a prime candidate for a nice bulk and have a great base to work with.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I'm 5ft 7, 178 at 12% yet there are 160lbers who look bigger.

I think part of it is to do with body fat. Low body fat makes your delts more defined and makes your waist smaller - that gives the illusion of much broader shoulders and more of the X shape. Bone structure has something to do with it as well - if you have wide hips you're not going to look as big as someone with a tiny waist. Same for limb length too - longer usually means more spindly.