PDA

View Full Version : One hand dumbell clean and jerk/press

magicman531
11-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I've been working these lately and my max is 130 pounds for a db clean and jerk with one hand. Does anybody else do these? What kind of weights are you guys tossing around?

chris mason
11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
That's a good job. I haven't really messed around with the movement much. I have pressed (not push-pressed or jerked) a 125 lbs dummbell for 2 reps but I would have to work up to cleaning it methinks.

KevinStarke
11-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Havn't been doing DB c&j's but I have been doing DB snatches twice a week. Best with those is 100. Defintielly gonna start doing DB c&j's sometime soon though.

Max Thunder
11-25-2006, 11:23 AM
It sounds very good.

I have never done them though, cleaning a DB sounds awkward. I'll buy kettlebells soon, and will make sure to include cleans and push presses with these.

My love is for 1 arm DB snatches. Done 105 for 2, could probably do 115 for 1 right now. Grip is a limiting factor, but that's a bit voluntarily since I always do my snatches a day or 2 after deadlifting or upper back training. They're kind of my "get the blood flowing and help with recuperation" exercise for the legs/back.

Just being able to hold 130 pounds overhead in one arm is very good.

Sleepy Guy
12-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I do them as part of my training. One hand DB clean and jerk, snatch, press, swing. My main comment is watch your shoulders as I have seen some scary stuff.

You can also do one hand barbells with all of these too. You should build good power and increase your two hand lifts in the process.

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
1 hand lifts should be manditory in any routine, my personal favorites are 1 arm snatches, 1 arm bb snatches, 1 arm db and bb press.