PDA

View Full Version : Broke up with a girlfriend of 10 months

markdk86
11-27-2006, 12:46 PM
As if WBB didn't have enough threads about women already. I ended my relationship with a beautiful and special girl. My first long relationship. We are just too different and she has been trying to change for me to make me happier and she shouldn't have. She is unique and will make someone happier than she even made me. I still love her but recently I've met another girl a bit younger but smarter and more mature. I realized what I actually want a girl I'm with to resemble and what I'm missing.

I feel like scum. I still hurt her. I still care about her. When I see tears from her eyes my world always crumbles. She handed me my braclet, I went on a bridge and dropped it. The bridge I took her on our first date. I took the braclet and I dropped it. Shes gone. But I'm here if she needs me. Aye, I wish I didn't have work like this. Being 20 is NOT fun. Things should be easier at this age still.

sharkall2003
11-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Well, at least you didn't stay in a totally unhappy relationship, you didn't lead on a girl any longer, and you didn't make her change for you. You might feel bad for breaking up with her, but you did the right thing. There are many people who would have treated her like crap and just ditched her or lead her on. You did the right thing. And you can still be friends, so even though something was lost you still have something to keep.

markdk86
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Shes always said she wanted to be friends if things ended. And shes said that I would give her the feeling that I wouldn't care fi thigns ended. I don't care that things ended I care that I crushed her. She really is sweet and I wasn't totally unhappy but I know she loved me more than I loved her. I still love her but what she has isn't what I'm looking for. This other girl I talk to on the phone for hours without akward silence and have real conversations. I rearely had that with my girlfriend.

mickyjune26
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
yeah man. You did the right thing. Everyone isn't meant for each other, and as soon as you realized it wasn't going to work, you ended it.

betastas
11-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah dude, you did the right thing. Reminds me of my first girlfriend as well.

Being 20 is fun. You're just hurting right now. Once the feelings die down all around, she'll know you did the right thing too.

markdk86
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I feel like crap nevertheless. One reason is we haven't had sex since she came back from Cyprus (home, I live in NJ she goes to school ehre and dorms) We had a big argument Thursday (Turkeyday) and had sex Friday night. Even though I said before hand that I don't deserve it. I feel dirty and I don't want her to feel used. But this other girl I have a great connection with. More than physical. She feels the same. Just, ugh.

Alex.V
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Sucks, doesn't it. But you did do the right thing.

God knows I let a relationship with a girl drag on for months after it should have ended. She didn't make me happy, and I don't think she realized that I didn't make her happy either. So we kinda let it go on and on, the whole thing just slowly died. I got restless, I couldn't give her the kind of support she needed or wanted, so in the end I looked like the bigger bastard for "using" her for long after the love was gone. Truth is, as lame as it sounds, I didn't break up with her because I didn't want to hurt her. But it was selfish... I couldn't really bring myself to have that conversation I didn't want to have.

Ended up hurting her worse than I ever could have imagined.

So it sucks now, but it was better for both of you. Believe me.

markdk86
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
I just keep picturing her face and the tears. How she couldn't breath. She looked so innocent and broken. I just can't get the image out of my head of how she looked. It feels so bad. I want it to stop. It won't stop. God damnit....

betastas
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Was that just today buddy?

Take a day off, do something you really like. I like to play video games sometimes when I'm feeling down and watch some war movies. You're going to need some time, so distract yourself when you can.

arnoldsclone
11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
As if WBB didn't have enough threads about women already. I ended my relationship with a beautiful and special girl. My first long relationship. We are just too different and she has been trying to change for me to make me happier and she shouldn't have. She is unique and will make someone happier than she even made me. I still love her but recently I've met another girl a bit younger but smarter and more mature. I realized what I actually want a girl I'm with to resemble and what I'm missing.

I feel like scum. I still hurt her. I still care about her. When I see tears from her eyes my world always crumbles. She handed me my braclet, I went on a bridge and dropped it. The bridge I took her on our first date. I took the braclet and I dropped it. Shes gone. But I'm here if she needs me. Aye, I wish I didn't have work like this. Being 20 is NOT fun. Things should be easier at this age still.

Hey me and my girl just had a mutual falling out last night. It was good and bad, i'll always miss the good times! and i'll even miss the bad because i did like being with her, but we're just at totally different points in our lives, and two totally different types of people. The only one that works is the one you grow old with really! it's weird to think of.....take it easy, lotta haddock in the sea bud!

RBB
11-27-2006, 02:53 PM
like everyone else said, you definitely made the right move. you don't want to stick around in a dead end relationship just for the sake of not hurting someone's feelings. you'll feel better about it in the next few weeks.

reloaded
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
It hurts more when you get out of a relationship that you let drag on and on and you end up losing interest in and not caring about each other, instead of realizing you're not compatible and breaking it off right away. You did the right thing.

KevinStarke
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I recently got out of a 3 year relationship that dragged on for a while towards the end as well. You're gonna feel like **** for a little while but it'll pass and you'll move on. You did the right thing man, life goes on for everyone.

Stumprrp
11-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I just keep picturing her face and the tears. How she couldn't breath. She looked so innocent and broken. I just can't get the image out of my head of how she looked. It feels so bad. I want it to stop. It won't stop. God damnit....

just picturing that makes me feel like **** bro!

you did the right thing as everyone said and in the long run you guys will be happy being good friends, stay in contact with her.

Brawl
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Whats her name and number , I might want to throw it in .

markdk86
11-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Sandy, but the number is mine. Thanks guys I appreciate it. I talked to her roomate while I was at work to see fi she was still alive. Her roomate is very good friends with her so I know she is in good hands. It made me feel better. Also I work in a liquor store, punched the shiot out of some 30 packs and punched a case of bottles breaking some.

sharkall2003
11-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Sandy, but the number is mine. Thanks guys I appreciate it. I talked to her roomate while I was at work to see fi she was still alive. Her roomate is very good friends with her so I know she is in good hands. It made me feel better. Also I work in a liquor store, punched the shiot out of some 30 packs and punched a case of bottles breaking some.

That's alcohol abuse. You must seek treatment quickly!