PDA

View Full Version : are chicken nuggets good without frying?

85Mario85
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
hey i was just wondering if chicken nuggets or chicken tenders are good without frying them for example the "Tyson" Chicken tenders
these are the nutritional values
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g
Monounsaturated Fat %g
Cholesterol 35mg
Sodium 330mg
Carbs 15g
Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 12g

As you can see it has some good fats but i was wondering what you guys think

HahnB
11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
12g of protein is pretty bad when you compare that to a bonelesss/skinless chicken breast. Why not just eat those? Much better meat.

Howard 9
11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
How many nuggets is that serving size?

bloodninja
11-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I used to eat those all the time. It's 12g of protein in each piece, and they are small. 170 calories each maybe...and I would eat 4 or 5 at a time.

85Mario85
11-27-2006, 05:41 PM
the serving size is 5 pieces and for all 5 there is 240 calories

Holto
11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
The only thing that concerns me about nuggets is the glue.

hardgainer169
11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
The only thing that concerns me about nuggets is the glue.

???

OP: Yeah throw them in the microwave (they get soggy) or the oven (crispy) their good I eat em all the time (this thread should be moved btw)

Buzzsaw
11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
I used to eat those all the time. It's 12g of protein in each piece.

BN - you're sure it's not 12g of protein/serving? I don't think there could be 12g loaded into each piece...

RedSpikeyThing
11-27-2006, 07:05 PM
IMO it depends on what you're trying to do. Bulking? Sounds good. Cutting? Sounds unstaisfying.

bloodninja
11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
BN - you're sure it's not 12g of protein/serving? I don't think there could be 12g loaded into each piece...

Not nuggets, I meant the tenders since he mentioned those too.

11-27-2006, 09:28 PM
hey i was just wondering if chicken nuggets or chicken tenders are good without frying them for example the "Tyson" Chicken tenders
these are the nutritional values
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g
Monounsaturated Fat %g
Cholesterol 35mg
Sodium 330mg
Carbs 15g
Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 12g

As you can see it has some good fats but i was wondering what you guys think

good tasting - hell yes!!

good for you- absoutly not - the fact that theres more fat in them then protien should tell you right there to stay away

Clifford Gillmore
11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Risks custom chiken nuggets

Wow, its that time again folks! I get to tell you all about reconstitution! What's that you ask, well I'll tell you. :) Reconstitution is a process, where food manufacturers 'recover' losses from the little bits of real food that they also process. An example, a beef boner will be required to trim bones until they are pretty god damn white - and those trimmings are resold as a product known as 65CL/VL (Visual/Chemical Lean).

What about chicken, chicken frames? Just get sold as bones for soup and dogs right? Well it does, but what about if another company buys ALL of the chicken bones? They can mince them into a pet food, double their money - seems resonable. Or they can do this....

Mine large quantity of chicken frames into a pulp, bones are often super soft and mince incredibly easily. Add skin, trace amounts of chicken trimmings, bread crumbs, emulsifiers (Binding agents), Sodium Dioxide (preservative), 621/MSG (flavour enhancer). Mix together and put into moulds that resemble a nugget shape, batter and crumb - pagage and lable!

There you have it guys! And that company that bought all of those chicken frames for about 10c a kilo, can now sell them at about 2.99-5$ per kilo! Wow, and you all wanted to be lawyers!

11-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Risks custom chiken nuggets

Wow, its that time again folks! I get to tell you all about reconstitution! What's that you ask, well I'll tell you. :) Reconstitution is a process, where food manufacturers 'recover' losses from the little bits of real food that they also process. An example, a beef boner will be required to trim bones until they are pretty god damn white - and those trimmings are resold as a product known as 65CL/VL (Visual/Chemical Lean).

What about chicken, chicken frames? Just get sold as bones for soup and dogs right? Well it does, but what about if another company buys ALL of the chicken bones? They can mince them into a pet food, double their money - seems resonable. Or they can do this....

Mine large quantity of chicken frames into a pulp, bones are often super soft and mince incredibly easily. Add skin, trace amounts of chicken trimmings, bread crumbs, emulsifiers (Binding agents), Sodium Dioxide (preservative), 621/MSG (flavour enhancer). Mix together and put into moulds that resemble a nugget shape, batter and crumb - pagage and lable!

There you have it guys! And that company that bought all of those chicken frames for about 10c a kilo, can now sell them at about 2.99-5$ per kilo! Wow, and you all wanted to be lawyers!

nice good info

Vapour Trails
11-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Take some chicken breasts, dip in egg, then in bread crumbs, bake in oven. Taste better, better for you.

Progress
11-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Aren't they already fried?

Vapour Trails
11-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Aren't they already fried?

Most certainly