PDA

View Full Version : Any one cook their chicken breast on the stove

niketpatel71
11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey fellow wbb members do any of you just add vegetable oil to the pan add chicken and heat on the stove until brown and eat it? If so can anyone recommend any good stuff to add in so it doesnt taste so bland thanks?

SDS
11-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I've never done that, but I had the most excellent chicken today.....a 2.5lb free-range bird split down the middle, spread open on a roasting pan, bathed in olive oil, covered with sea salt, crushed rosemary and paprika, then baked for 40 minutes at 385. The key is to soak the bird in salty water overnight.
I can't see cooking a whole bird on the stove top.

Dave_TV
11-27-2006, 07:20 PM
adobo!

FREAKZILLA
11-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Mrs Dash Chipotle two cap fulls.

11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
i love to marinate my chicken in itlian(sp?) dressing

i like to make my own w/ those little packets and oil that way its not full of sugar

mickyjune26
11-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I like to cut up my chicken breasts with scissors, throw them into some extra virgin olive oil, as some mesquite garlic seasoning, onions, and later add some veggies, right at the end, so they are crispy.

zela
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Yum yum I just bought 8 breasts in walmart for 5 bucks on sale, can't wait to try them.

Fearsome Bobcat
12-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Olive oil and minced garlic. Get some dry vermouth: cheap and good; add once the chicken is properly seared by the hot olive oil. Then:

1. Slice up some mushrooms, onion and celery and saute; and/or,

2. Get some nice frozen vegetables and add to your pan not too many minutes before you serve your dish.

Pepper and onion blends work exceptionally well, but blends with carrots, cauliflower and broccoli work well, too.

Season as you wish, but if you're looking for suggestions, I have two:

1. Seasoned salt.

2. Your favorite hot sauce.

SUPERBOY
12-05-2006, 06:40 PM
You should by a Scanpan Grill, I have this one: http://www.salamandercookshop.com/uploadedImages/SCANPAN%20Grill%20Griddle.jpg

Had also tried a French one but although it said it was nonstick, it wasnt.
You can try herbs&spices like "5 spice" or something like that .. experiment ;)

1. Cut off fat. Slice your chicken breast (thick or thin, up to you)
2. Add salt & pepper to taste as well as a good amount of herbs/spices.
3. Coat with a small amount of olive oil, dont drench it.
4. Place it on the grill until cooked.

I have to admit though, I'm more of a beef fan ;)

TopQuark1028
12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
buy some green chili sauce and just throw that in there; man is it good with chicken

arnoldsclone
12-08-2006, 09:03 AM
cut it up into strips, garlic salt pepper onlions peppers, omg i have to go eat!

EvanH
12-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I usually cook mine on stove top with olive oil. I cook it plain and smother it with hot sauce when I am done. Come to think of it, I smother everything I cook in hotsauce. Maybe that is the reason my ass pisses fire.

robinhood
12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
I have never tried doing that with a whole chicken breast but I've pretty much done that when making chicken fajitas.

Ute God
12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
My original one was to brush olive oil on the breast then sprinkle chicken salt on it....brings out so much flavour!

The new one is a honey mustard. A dab of honey with some olive oil, mild mustard and whole grain mustard. brush it on it and cook. Its awesome!

Bicster
12-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Coat chicken in cornmeal, coat pan with PAM. "Fry" for five minutes (each side) on medium high.

Bigmonster777
12-17-2006, 04:17 AM
i love to marinate my chicken in itlian(sp?) dressing

i like to make my own w/ those little packets and oil that way its not full of sugar
Mmmm...I bet you could cook pretty good!...;)
I cook too...;)