PDA

View Full Version : Cool Strongman Vids - Classic 1987 - 3 of the best ever..

Bob
11-27-2006, 11:58 PM
This has got to be one of the best Strongman set of vids I've ever seen...

3 of the all-time greatest compete against each other..
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=33C4E4E00454FED1

Pure Strength 1987 - The Phantom World's Strongest Man 1987
One of the best Strongman contests ever, Pure Strength 1987 was held at the Huntley Castle in Aberdeenshire Scotland. Bill Kazmaier, Jon Pall Sigmarsson, and Geoff Capes wanted to settle the dispute of who is the strongest between them once and for all.

Bohizzle
11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
awesome link!!! thanks!

KevinStarke
11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Awesome video.

Stumprrp
11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
unreal just watched the whole thing.

one thing i was disapointed with was the log press, bill obviously won, john put it on his head and didnt lock out although they said he cant, oh well.

im suprised bill lost the deadlifts ive seen him do 1100 with even more ROM on another video

geoff looks pretty heavy and out of shape to me.

thanks for the find

Beast
11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Is it true that Sigmarsson died while doing a deadlift? That's hardcore...

Bohizzle
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM

I heard this as well, from a heart attack. :(

Andrew

TommyBoy
11-28-2006, 10:21 PM
This was absolutely unreal. I can't belive you found this. I've wanted to watch this for ever! Now I can finally die a happy man. That was truly one hell of a battle. Unfortunately it was during Jon Pall's peak, and It was obvious Kaz wasn't at his best. I mean, Kaz was the first person to ever lift all 5 atlas stones....ever. And here he didn't even get 2...brutal. I don't care. I still think Kaz is the strongest person to walk the face of the earth.

Yeah, he tore his aeorta while pulling a big deadlift. That's how I wanna go out!

1mmort4l
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Man! Sigmarsson is an animal! Well, all three were.
Great vids, awesome find! Thanks.

chris mason
11-29-2006, 06:12 AM
I heard this as well, from a heart attack. :(

Andrew

Aortic dissection was the cause I believe (I may not have it exactly correct). From what I understand doctors are not certain why it occurs but think it is probably a congenital weakness that one day just goes.

Chris