PDA

View Full Version : Toasted Bagel Sandwich!

ArchAngel777
11-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I got bored really fast with the can of tuna thing, so I decided to make these a few months ago. They have been my life saver! Try one and see for yourself...

I don't like to take a lot of time to prepare my meals, so I decided to check out a bagel sandwich. These little monsters run between 300 and 350 calories each and generally have a 40%/30%/30% (C/P/F) breakdown. Of course, depending on the type of meat you use, or whether you use condiments or cheese can indeed alter that ratio.

I use a whole wheat bagel toasted (200 cals or so) combined with some sliced meat (80 - 100 calories) (For you anal healthy people, you could use 1/2 chicken breast) and top it off some some cheese, any kind (~30 cals for me)

These things taste pretty good and keep me sane on my cut. They are incredably simple to make, have a decent macronutrient breakdown and are pretty satiating. I can usually eat one and go for about 4 hours before hunger kicks in again.

Brotherofiron
11-29-2006, 05:45 AM
that does sound good, but i would lose the cheese all together...

i take a toasted whole weat english muffin and put one can of tuna on top then pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds....mmmmm....more protein than a protein bar and it tastes so much better!

Calories - 270

Fat - 3g

Protein - 35g

nthorpe
12-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Excellent recipe :bow:

RedSpikeyThing
12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I love left over chicken on a bagel. Cover it in onions and cheese, then toast it. Put tomato, lettuce and, if the calories let you, mayo. My God I wish I had some chicken around right now...

arnoldsclone
12-01-2006, 12:55 PM
there's nothing like a good bagel samich!