PDA

View Full Version : Wanting To Get Steady Diet....Need Help

BigPapaTy14
11-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Just created a account on FitDay.com, great site by the way. I am not sure what to set my daily nutrional goals for. I am keeping close track of my calories, protein, and carbohydrates. If there is anything else I should keep close eye to I am all ears. I am wanting to bulk up so I am wondering how many of each I should take in. I weigh 176 at 6-2. My goal is 200 hundred then I will cut from there. I workout three times a week doing the Bill Starr 5x5 workout. I just want advice so I can do this right because I want to get very serious about my diet so I can see my bodies full potenial gains..

Thanks All

mr.giggles
11-30-2006, 12:23 AM
"see food diet"
You see food and you eat it..

Try to eat around 4k calories a day and as far as your protein goes.. aim for about 1.5g of protein per pound..
I weigh in at 176 and i usually take in 220g of protein, some of that is pissed out, but i still take in enough.

Skinless chicken..
Brown rice
Oats

just search around for what you should be eating.. Built has a very good write up about bodybuilders should be eating :bow:

RedSpikeyThing
11-30-2006, 07:42 AM
"see food diet"
You see food and you eat it..

Try to eat around 4k calories a day and as far as your protein goes.. aim for about 1.5g of protein per pound..
I weigh in at 176 and i usually take in 220g of protein, some of that is pissed out, but i still take in enough.

Skinless chicken..
Brown rice
Oats

just search around for what you should be eating.. Built has a very good write up about bodybuilders should be eating :bow:

Why did you arbirtarily pick the number 4000? If the OP doesn't have a solid diet down anyways, chances are his metabolism isn't that fast.

OP track your diet for a couple days without making any changes from the norm. Average this out and it will be your maintenance calories. Tack on 500 calories/day and then you'll be bulking.

Aim for 1 g/ lb of protein and .5 g / lb of fat. Fill the rest with anything you want.