PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Ratios for Breakfast and PWO?

Stumprrp
11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Just wondering what you guys take in for breakfast and postworkout since they are the most important meals of the day, and what the best ratio of carbs protien and fat you found most effective, me personally i dont stress it to seriously as long as its clean.

Breakfast i like to take in a clean carb and protien with some healthy fats, my favorite breakfast is a large portion of oatmeal with some fruit in it, and 4-5 whole eggs. This goes down with with 1-2 scoops of nitrean in milk.

Postworkout i usually have a shake consisting of 16 oz milk, 2 scoops whey, 1 packet oatmeal, a banana, and 2 tbps PB, this comes out to approx 800 calories, 60ish grams of protien, 80 ish grams of carbs and about 20 grams of healthy fats.

i figure in that shake im getting fast/slow acting protiens, fast/slow acting carbs, and some fats to fill me up.

how about you guys

ddegroff
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Breakfast is usually on the run for me, but usually it's milk/whey, yogurt/fruit/whey, homemade protein bar.

Since I don't have access to a blender, my pwo shake is ground oats/whey. I don't really mess with ratio's.

getfit
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
2 scoops whey,oats,water or soy milk.

Stumprrp
11-28-2006, 07:24 PM
ok i was figuring you guys did the whey and oats thing, just that can make quite a beefy shake!

is yogurt worth buying? i know the brands my mom used to get were pure sugar

ddegroff
11-28-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah its got a lot of sugar, but it seems to work good for me.

Stumprrp
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
cool i may pick some up with low sugar so i can woof it in the morning b4 school, my breakfast when i have school is 1 scoop nitrean in milk, 2 eggs, and cereal at school, rotten as all hell and doesnt fill me up worth a damn, imma have to get up earlyer or something

ddegroff
11-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Mix what you can the night before. I mix the yogurt/whey the night before. Then grab it and go.

D Breyer
11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
is yogurt worth buying? i know the brands my mom used to get were pure sugar
Same situation here.. I got my mom to switch brands and buy Lite 85 yogurts... sweetened with splenda... its pretty good stuff