PDA

View Full Version : Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

ericg
03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
"Want a dollar". Classic

ectx
03-10-2005, 12:26 PM
So, as dick becomes prick - bad became worse, and the dreaded question is asked of me. "Can Jade spend the night at the house?" Uh…ok? You want to bring a dirty coke-snorting disease-ridden stripper into my house for the night? Uh…ok? I reluctantly agreed, as I hate to make it seem like we have a landlord/tenant deal happening here, and here comes Jade.

Classic!

A similar situation happened to my friend Kris. His roomate Brian started dating a stripper. The funniest thing though was that when other friends would come over and see pictures of him and her they'd say "woe, looks like Brian's been hittin' the mexican hookers again". Hmmmm...coincidence? I think not.

Pup
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
ROFLMAO!

...your wit could win wars.

briancurran01
03-10-2005, 02:55 PM
you are the man gal.

To think of that **** is just classic...i need to get you to talk to my wife on aim or something and use your wittiness to mess her up.

Lol you are the man bro

Blood&Iron
03-10-2005, 03:01 PM
F*cking hilarious.

Of course, others' misery is always funny.

SW
03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
I do believe you're funnier than me. ****ing halarious, the want a dollar thing was priceless dude. Shoulda thrown "you're not at work yet" in somewhere.

galileo
03-10-2005, 07:06 PM

I'll updated more fully tomorrow, but for now here's a quick diet/workout update. I'll respond to comments then as well.

.diet.

Diet was off just slightly today. I had a free luncheon for a project completion and we went to a fancy-schmancy restaurant, so I got some shrimp capellini and a piece of peanut butter chocolate pie. It was amazing. But, after it was all said and done, I didn't feel like pigging out on a ton of crap food. I'm satisfied going right back to my diet and that is very very good. For the rest of the evening, I just had 1 Kasi 7-grain bar with cranberries and my post-workout shake.

.workout.

I felt good, even if I was pretty weak today. My grip was a big concern for the first time in a while.

deadlift (6" rack): 135x5, 225x5, 315x1, 365x0, 225x8

I feel the need to discuss this. This was the first time I've done non-trapbar deadlifts with any kind of weight, basically ever. They felt good; pure. Next time I dead lift, I'll be brining myself a small bag of chalk. I'll have to hide it from the douchebags who run the place, but it'll be so worth it. 315 went up like nothing, so I figured 365 was in the bag.

barbell rows : 135x8, 185x5
dumbbell flyes : 30x8, 40x8, 50x8, 50x8
lat pulldowns : 105x8, 125x8, 145x8 (neutral grip)
strive plate-loaded preacher curl +45[2]x8, +45[2]+10[3]x8

If you know anything about strive machines, you'll understand the above notation. Basically, 2 puts the weight primarily on the end, 3 the beginning, and 1 is normal. **** 1.

leg raises : +0x8, 8, 8

Overall, not too shabby. This guy was struggling on bench with 225 and his girlfriend kept grabbing the bar without asking him, so I offered a spot while she was doing her million ab exercises. There goes my good deed for the day. The guy was probably in the 190's, fairly lean, but had crappy form. I wished terribly that I was in my prime with bench and could warmup with that weight on the way to 250, but alas - I'm weaker than him. I'm one of those guys now. You know, the ones that are all like, "Back in the day, I could bench 400lbs." I hate that.

Like I said, more flummery to come tomorrow. Ta ta.

galileo
03-11-2005, 10:56 AM
ccrip, elwood, cocoa, justin, kipp, eric, pup, brian, zac :

Thanks you sick ****s. Thanks for taking pleasure in my misery. :)

isaac:

I can provide such.

nevermore:

I'm like a fireman who has a penchant for arson.

jeff:

I can't ****ing wait until I hit 200lbs. Can't ****ing wait!

edgar:

I expected more out of my friend, perhaps. I didn't think it would get that far.

stash:

Love documents?

cal:

Thanks Cal. I wouldn't mind getting paid for the crap that happens to me.

renay-nay:

Tell Kris to call me, we need to chat.

will:

Funnier, more attractive, smarter, more charismatic, and more humble. I kid, I kid.

Focused70
03-11-2005, 11:02 AM
You're coming back, cabron. Nice deads strength.

Don't you know yet? Paralegals are professional paper pushers. :swear:

Stash

Canadian Crippler
03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Good strength on the DLs. Though jumping up 50lbs betweem two heavy sets first day back deadlifting probably isn't the wisest thing to do ;)

Blood&Iron
03-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Overall, not too shabby. This guy was struggling on bench with 225 and his girlfriend kept grabbing the bar without asking him, so I offered a spot while she was doing her million ab exercises. There goes my good deed for the day. The guy was probably in the 190's, fairly lean, but had crappy form. I wished terribly that I was in my prime with bench and could warmup with that weight on the way to 250, but alas - I'm weaker than him. I'm one of those guys now. You know, the ones that are all like, "Back in the day, I could bench 400lbs." I hate that.

I already knew all of this.

DoUgL@S
03-11-2005, 01:55 PM

why do this?

Miss Rezza
03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
a piece of peanut butter chocolate pie. It was amazing.

I have never heard of anything so beautiful in my life!

:drooling:

SW
03-12-2005, 08:02 AM
I def. can't be humble. Tried it. Teh suckage.

Anyway, is there going to be a sat morning lift???? :D

cphafner
03-12-2005, 12:03 PM
nice workout. I'd like to see you bench 400!

JustinASU
03-12-2005, 12:20 PM
It's okay Xian...I'm one of those guys too. "Back in the day I could pull 600 lbs!"....Pathetic.

Patz
03-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Back in the day, I couldn't bench 135!

It's all uphill now..

Patz
03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
hey how do you pronounce your name?

is it zI-an?

or maybe zE-an?

I've never seen it...

lilmase1153
03-12-2005, 04:34 PM
damn gal very impressive FoO

Pup
03-12-2005, 07:02 PM
hey how do you pronounce your name?

is it zI-an?

or maybe zE-an?

I've never seen it...

*hint*

When you generally see an X before something, such as Xmas, the X stands for something, such is the case with Xian :cool:

rookiebldr
03-12-2005, 08:40 PM
^^ word

galileo, nice work on getting the 315 deads. I'm sure that 365 and more is in the tank once you get the grip fixed with chalk. I have the same problem at my gym with chalk, but I'm discreet and wipe things up afterwards. So far no problem.

galileo
03-12-2005, 09:07 PM
stash

It's coming back. I was happy with 315, but had I known that 365 wouldn't happen, I would've went for 3-5 reps with it. I'm sure I could've squeezed out 3. I don't know **** about paralegals, except that you're one.

cr1plla

I know, but the only reason I didn't get it was my grip. I'm sore as **** today, but it is a good sore. Next time I'll leave my zeal at home.

zac

One of the privileges of giving up your cell phone number.

douglas

I should've been more specific as these were hanging leg raises. If you've never done them before, they're a quite intense ab exercise. No matter how I do crunches, I don't get the same effect as I do with the raises.

rezza

It was definitely worth the calories!

will

Ha!

Anyhow, I'm too sore! There will likely be a Sunday morning one, however. Perhaps I'll get in a decent leg workout or something. My chest and back are pretty spent, but my legs are recovering.

cp

I'd love to see it too. My best effort was a 315, which happened at the height of my last bulk. I'd like to see myself able to even get back to 275 in the near future, to be honest.

justin

Isn't that horrible? All you can do is overcome it and come back stronger. At least, that's the plan.

elw00d

I recall a time when I thought my brother was strong because he warmed up with 135 and I couldn't get past 115 for a few. 135 seemed light years away. I didn't focus much back then (about age 16), so I was doomed. I recall working out for about a month in college after a long layoff and performing 135x10 and thinking I had arrived. Before I knew it - 185, 225, etc. It was all about focus!

As Pup said, it's Christian.

mase

Thanks man, but you haven't seen much just yet. ;)

pup

Couldn't have put it better myself.

rookie

I'll find a way. The hardest part is working out when there are a lot of people around, which tends to happen anytime before 7:30, it seems. There's one guy there who reminds me of you. He's a bit older, perhaps in his later 50's but in very good shape. I hope that I'm as ambitious then as now.

Patz
03-12-2005, 09:14 PM
*hint*

When you generally see an X before something, such as Xmas, the X stands for something, such is the case with Xian :cool:

I was thinking "X" along the lines of ... Xavier, or Xanadu

"X" isn't always in place of words sounding like Chris, but I do get it now..thanks

galileo
03-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I was thinking "X" along the lines of ... Xavier, or Xanadu

"X" isn't always in place of words sounding like Chris, but I do get it now..thanks

More specifically - X = Christ. Makes sense that way. ;)

Patz
03-12-2005, 09:22 PM
I didn't know exactly how I wanted to word that. X gets used in place of criss for criss-cross, and at work we use the term xbox for crossbox (telco boxes outdoors). We actually use it as "xmt" for transmit, so it gets used for "trans" some as well. I actually didn't even mean to capitalize it before, or make it look like a name.

I just thought you had some freaky-weird name I hadn't come across. I have this pet peeve about people being too lazy to spell and pronounce other people's name correctly, so I try to make sure I've got them right.

galileo
03-12-2005, 09:26 PM
I didn't know exactly how I wanted to word that. X gets used in place of criss for criss-cross, and at work we use the term xbox for crossbox (telco boxes outdoors). We actually use it as "xmt" for transmit, so it gets used for "trans" some as well. I actually didn't even mean to capitalize it before, or make it look like a name.

I just thought you had some freaky-weird name I hadn't come across. I have this pet peeve about people being too lazy to spell and pronounce other people's name correctly, so I try to make sure I've got them right.

lol - not many people figure it out right away, so it's all good. Most people assume I'm Asian or something. A friend of mine gave me this moniker at the beginning of one of his emails and it just stuck. People call me "zie-en" or "zee-en" to be cute sometimes, but a lot of people (including my boss) actually shorten my name when they write it by saying Xian.

So there ya go. Mystery solved!

Patz
03-12-2005, 09:42 PM
I nicknamed a guy "flowbee" in high school one time just as a quick joke about how thick his hair had gotten. Unfortunately for him, it stuck for years. Some people didnt' even know his real name after being around him all through high school.

Also, I nicknamed a guy "Tate" because he looked like the kid in "Little Man Tate." That also stuck for years, and I found out later that he hated it. I felt bad, but both of these were total accidents, although flowbee liked his.

galileo
03-15-2005, 01:33 PM

It's been a few days, but for good reasons. I spent the better part of Sunday evening and Monday morning in the emergency room with the woman. Long story, but worry not - everything is fine.

Not much time here at work today to update, but I'll throw my diet out here real quick.

.diet.

Today I start cycling my carbs again. My official tally should've been around 1200 calories, but I had a lunch meeting so I'm not sure. I had a salad with grilled shrimp and balsamic vinaigrette, so my carbs were kept on the low end for the day. It's hard to do this diet without appetite suppresants that actually work, but I'll deal.

.workout.

I plan on doing legs this evening - stay tuned for the update.

Canadian Crippler
03-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Teh squatz?

Wikked1
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM
That's some pretty extreme calories and you're thinking about doing legs on that? :bow: Want some green tea capsules dude??

lilmase1153
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
sucks to hear about the ER bro.. but way to go on diet and what not..

good luck bro carb cycling blows

Focused70
03-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Xian is the only person I know who can gain strength on a cut. Damn genetics. :p

Paralegal = legal secretary/legal researcher/word processor/copy person/messenger/professional gopher rolled up into one. :)

Stash

SW
03-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Hope it's all good bro.

Low azz calories there. But hey, we know yer gonna give it hell tonight. Go pound that ****!

Hatred
03-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Xian is the only person I know who can gain strength on a cut. Damn genetics. :p

Paralegal = legal secretary/legal researcher/word processor/copy person/messenger/professional gopher rolled up into one. :)

Stash
You must never visit St's journal.
In regards to the chalk.
Budiak and I throw chalk everywhere at 24 hr. We are usually covered in it. My account has been delinquent for some reason for the past three weeks. And this time I know it isn't due to insufficient funds.
The funny thing is that they all look at the screen and see the big red flashing thing but noone ever stops me :evillaugh

galileo
03-16-2005, 06:40 PM
ccrip

Yes, teh squatz.

wikked

I thought about it, then fell asleep. Bah!

mase

I actually enjoy cutting for some reason, particularly low-carb style. I enjoy progress of any sort, I suppose.

stash

Not the only person, but I'm pretty good at it.

slick willy

Things are good. I gave it hell tonight instead of last night though.

nevermore

**** you for undermining my skills in my own journal! **** YOU!!!

Anyhow, I'm going to sneak some of that **** in. I'm sure I'll be fine. ;)

galileo
03-16-2005, 07:33 PM

Hello hello. Today, work was teh suck. I waited from 9am to 4pm to get in a meeting with my boss so I could prioritize my tasks. He never showed. That's cool though, I performed a ton of request management.

.diet.

High carb day, poorly executed. It seemed more like a low day, but that's fine, it's my second day of dieting so I can afford a miss.

· 60g Fiber One, 8oz low-carb milk, 8oz cottage cheese, 6oz fat-free no sugar added yogurt
· 8oz turkey
· 8oz gatorade, 1 scoop whey, 2 kashi go lean granola bars
· 1 scoop whey, 5oz oatmeal, 5oz low-carb milk, 3g fish oil caps
· 2 scoops micellar casein, 3g fish oil caps

1780 kcals, 35g fat, 215 carbohydrates [53g fiber], 189g protein

.training.

Leg day! I must say, I was somewhat please, despite the fact that I'm still weaker than I was before.

atf squats : 135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 205x5

Whoah! Last time I did 165's, so this time I figured I'd throw on 20lbs and lower the reps slightly and BAM, I ended up adding 40lbs. I'm a ****ing greedy mofo, but the hardest part about it wasn't my legs, it was keeping it on my traps without pain. I'm very pleased with this progression. If I stick to it, I'll be back to my old weights in no time. (+40lbs)

When I approached the squat rack, some dude was standing there so I asked if he was using it. He said no, and proceeded to help me unrack the weight on the bar and throw the 45 on his end. Imagine that...a nice person at the gym. Then, when I finished my warmup set he told me his knees hurt from just watching me and he wishes he was that flexible. Heh. After I left the rack another dude came up (260lb dude, I'd say) and did barbell curls in there with 85lbs. I love the gym.

seated leg curls : 50x8, 90x8, 130x8, 150x8, 150x8 (+70lbs)

Um, what? Same machine, same settings, but I added 70lbs to my motion. How's that for gaining strength on a cut?

seated calf-raises : 45x8, 115x8, 115x8

I added some weight to these because I'm crazy like that. I'm not in love with the machine though; my legs are kinda short, so I could use a little less height, but it isn't adjustable. Perhaps I'll give some standing ones a shot in the v-squat machine next week. (+25lbs)

While doing these I saw the funniest ****. Some dude came in, spastically did like 5 chinups, then ran to the preacher bench and grabbed the ez-curl bar - walked it to the flat bench and proceeded to bench press it. Not even close-grip, just a regular old bench press with the ez-bar. I didn't want to offend him, so I didn't offer him advice. By the looks of his physique though, he was probably a novice. I'm sure he'll stay that way if he keeps up with the ez-curl benching.

Well, that was all for today. I don't want to overdo things just yet, even though I was eyeing up the leg extension and leg presses we have there.

.palaver.

Tomorrow I'll post that email, I promise.

Saint Patrick
03-16-2005, 07:48 PM
53g fiber? Gotta keep the ol' poop chute regular.

You should do a Metamucil commercial. Good progress on the squats.

JustinASU
03-16-2005, 07:51 PM
You know what I think already but let's make it public. Very solid progression on teh squats. I expect you to own a 315lb atf with 3 months. Easy, no?

lilmase1153
03-16-2005, 07:57 PM
damn G money thats a damn good progression and on a cut............. keep that s**t coming

Canadian Crippler
03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Nice work man. Caugh me on squats while cutting. That's so gay ;)

SW
03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Good progression Comeback Kid. Gotta love that **** on a cut, huh? lol. Nice work in here lately. I'm almost....proud. :)

Oh, and we know you failed to mention that after you saw super ez curler do his sets, you jumped on that, so you'd be UBER PUMPED! Lol, sounds like that guy's been readin' too many magazines.

cphafner
03-16-2005, 08:56 PM
nice workout gal. That is crazy low cals, I don't know how you manage.

Patz
03-16-2005, 10:57 PM
lol @ the EZ bencher

rookiebldr
03-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Nice to see the old gal back. :)

galileo
03-17-2005, 09:57 AM
patty

Fiber One is an excellent cereal and it has a ton of fiber in it. Fiber is an important part of life. Fiber tells me to kill people while I sleep. Fiber will someday return as the messiah.

justin

Sounds easy, heh. You know my friggen traps are completely bruised from that tiny weight? POO-SAY.

mase

Oh it shall...it shall!

cripla

Sorry about that. Perhaps your hair is weighing you down!

slick willy

You're right, you're right. I had the most amazing pump when I was done and it didn't even hurt my wrists!

conn0r

I eat what I have to in order to succeed. I wish I could cut on 6000 calories like Chase, but at my weight and metabolism, it just won't happen.

Elw00d

I hope he's there tonight doing concentration curls with the Smith Machine.

jeff

Good to be back.

Focused70
03-17-2005, 10:05 AM
You're not allowed to complain to me via IM anymore.

;)

Stash

galileo
03-18-2005, 10:51 AM

I didn't workout last night because I planned on benching and I have two huge bruises on my shoulder blades from the squats. That's fine, I'm going to the gym this evening.

.diet.

Today is a no-carb day, which basically looks like this :

· 8oz cottage cheese (splenda, cinammon)
· 8oz chicken breast, 3 fish oil caps
· 1 can tuna, 2 fish oil caps, psyllium fiber
· 1 scoop whey
· 1 scoop whey
· 2 scoops micellean, psyllium fiber

About 1000 calories, minimal carbs, and 1g protein/lb. Not exactly exciting, huh?

.workout.

I'll post my workout this evening.

.palaver.

Preface : We moved our entire department to a new location, which was formerly a law/insurance office. Obviously, nothing worked out as planned and we've become the red-headed step-children of the company. Out of sight, out of mind. It was requested that we make note of all of the problems with the building and send them to one of the developers in my group and he would pass them along. Here's a section from said letter...

The boss told me that you are empowered to make changes at the our new building. Congratulations! This is quite convenient, especially since most of your time is spent elsewhere, don't you think? At any rate, I've been instructed to quit bitching to him about everything and send you the list of things that bother me. So, here we go...

The bathrooms suck.
· The toilets are apparently difficult to flush since most people have extreme difficulty doing so. The lack of both urinals and ambition has caused excess urine on the seats of the toilets. Considering that any urine on the seat is considered excess, I think it is addressable. I suggest a sign mocking those who dare pee where others sit.

· In the last two weeks, I've seen three toilet "out-of-order" signs. This is a hazard for those of us who may consume a considerable amount of insoluble fiber. Perhaps some industrial grade facilities are in order? Plus, I don't particularly care for an open-casket funeral for someone else's breakfast.

· "The Odor Absorber" -The nature of something that absorbs is to "retain wholly without reflection or transmission." Then why, pray tell, is this device suffering from attrition? To add insult to injury, they aren't effectively absorbing any of the odor. I would suggest something similar to the Zep automatic smell-o-meter that was located in our previous location, which dispenses the air freshener on an as-needed basis. With the curry dishes some of our ethnic crowd consumes, that would be rather...often.

· The fan in the bathroom near the quality area makes a very annoying rattling noise, akin to that of a langolier. This may be suitable for the use of an occupant, but I'm sure employees working in the general area don't appreciate the fear of time catching up with them (see The Langoliers).

The kitchens suck.
· I'm thirsty and my idea of what is quenching typically doesn't involve the delicious lead/chlorine flavored mess that comes from the fountains. I know this has been addressed, but it's been weeks since we've had any water.

· There is no half n' half and rumor has it that other floors are out of filters, which means they will soon be "housing" ours. Since coffee is directly related to productivity, I see this as a risk.

· I put up a workflow to manage the coffee process along with one to detail the water process as well. It has come to my attention that we need an additional workflow for those who are having difficulty determining what food selections they've brought to work. I will be instituting a new workflow soon that indicates the paths for difficult decisions such as "Is the food selection yours?" I hope this is of assistance,

Thank you for your assistance in bringing our office space up to the standards to which we're accustomed. God speed.

EdgarMex
03-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Are bathrooms and kitchens the only things that suck there? It sounds like a horrible place to work.

Wikked1
03-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Well at least it looks as thought your olfactory senses are getting a workout! Despite the rest of your body SLACKING! :p

Blood&Iron
03-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Preface : We moved our entire department to a new location, which was formerly a law/insurance office. Obviously, nothing worked out as planned and we've become the red-headed step-children of the company. Out of sight, out of mind. It was requested that we make note of all of the problems with the building and send them to one of the developers in my group and he would pass them along. Here's a section from said letter...

The boss told me that you are empowered to make changes at the our new building. Congratulations! This is quite convenient, especially since most of your time is spent elsewhere, don't you think? At any rate, I've been instructed to quit bitching to him about everything and send you the list of things that bother me. So, here we go...

The bathrooms suck.
· The toilets are apparently difficult to flush since most people have extreme difficulty doing so. The lack of both urinals and ambition has caused excess urine on the seats of the toilets. Considering that any urine on the seat is considered excess, I think it is addressable. I suggest a sign mocking those who dare pee where others sit.

· In the last two weeks, I've seen three toilet "out-of-order" signs. This is a hazard for those of us who may consume a considerable amount of insoluble fiber. Perhaps some industrial grade facilities are in order? Plus, I don't particularly care for an open-casket funeral for someone else's breakfast.

· "The Odor Absorber" -The nature of something that absorbs is to "retain wholly without reflection or transmission." Then why, pray tell, is this device suffering from attrition? To add insult to injury, they aren't effectively absorbing any of the odor. I would suggest something similar to the Zep automatic smell-o-meter that was located in our previous location, which dispenses the air freshener on an as-needed basis. With the curry dishes some of our ethnic crowd consumes, that would be rather...often.

· The fan in the bathroom near the quality area makes a very annoying rattling noise, akin to that of a langolier. This may be suitable for the use of an occupant, but I'm sure employees working in the general area don't appreciate the fear of time catching up with them (see The Langoliers).

The kitchens suck.
· I'm thirsty and my idea of what is quenching typically doesn't involve the delicious lead/chlorine flavored mess that comes from the fountains. I know this has been addressed, but it's been weeks since we've had any water.

· There is no half n' half and rumor has it that other floors are out of filters, which means they will soon be "housing" ours. Since coffee is directly related to productivity, I see this as a risk.

· I put up a workflow to manage the coffee process along with one to detail the water process as well. It has come to my attention that we need an additional workflow for those who are having difficulty determining what food selections they've brought to work. I will be instituting a new workflow soon that indicates the paths for difficult decisions such as "Is the food selection yours?" I hope this is of assistance,

Thank you for your assistance in bringing our office space up to the standards to which we're accustomed. God speed.
http://www.eprize.net/company/slideshow/index.html

SW
03-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Damn dude, sounds like some of your co workers and bosses need a swift kick in the ass. Keep bitching, they'll get tired of hearing it and a) fire you or b) give you all you want :)

Relentless
03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
· 8oz cottage cheese (splenda, cinammon)

You know I had never thought of putting cinnamon on my cochee. That's bloody brilliant. No calories to speak of it and strong flavour. Certainly better than the maple syrup I've been using.

ectx
03-18-2005, 02:21 PM
You know I had never thought of putting cinnamon on my cochee. That's bloody brilliant. No calories to speak of it and strong flavour. Certainly better than the maple syrup I've been using.

Maple syrup?????!?!?!!??! what are you, Canadian?!?! ;)

Xian, the bathroom rant has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. I kept the email when you sent it originally. HILARIOUS. Still look at it from time to time when I need a good laugh.

Relentless
03-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Maple syrup?????!?!?!!??! what are you, Canadian?!?! ;)

your keen grasp of the bleeding obvious is startling ;)

galileo
03-18-2005, 05:41 PM
mex

It's just we inherited a crappy facility. I was bitching for the fun of it.

wikked

Shaddup!

zac

lol - I'd love to work in that kind of office!

slick willy

I handled most of it. :cool:

cal

Teh cinnamon is delicious the first few times, then BAM - you never want to touch it again.

rene

Everyone at work thought it was funny too - they friggen sent it around like a chain letter.

cal

He's also got a firm grasp on a few other things, from what I've heard.

galileo
03-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Workout Update

Wow, I lost a ton of chest strength. I gotta say though, some of it may be a result of my no carb diet today.

bench press : 135x5, 165x5, 185x5, 185x3

This was a little better than the 115x5 I struggled with last week, but it was nowhere near what I wanted. I may have been able to squeak out some more reps on the last set, but frankly I didn't want to do that with the no carb deal. The lift felt completely unnatural - nothing like before. I can recall 225x5 being simple; a weight worthy of only a warmup. I'd love to be pressing that as my workset right now.

incline dumbbell flyes : 55x5, 50x6

The benching killed my strength here, so I didn't even match last week's performance.

strive incline press : +90[1]x8, +110[1]x6

Yeah, I'm pretty ****ing worthless.

Three frat-boys had control of the bench, apparently Friday is their "max out" day. The one douchebag lowered a bar with 245 on it to no better than 6" off of his chest, then got about 3" motion before the other guy helped him rerack it. He shook his head and mumbled something like, "I shoulda ****in' had dat, yo." I can't really say anything with my "first time benching?" performance, but at least he could've tried for a full ROM.

Anyhow, as I said - pretty disappointed. I was kinda hoping for a rally like with the atf squats, which were historicaly on par with my benching. I am likely going to keep the weight lower next week and try to get a better feel for my form again.

EdgarMex
03-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Don't sweat it, Gal, it'll take some time, but your bench will get back up.

JustinASU
03-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Dude you think your bathroms are bad? The restroom at my new office is typically spattered with fecal matter. The toilet and faucet water are a light yellow color. I have to put at least 3 layers of TP on the seat before sitting down or I might catch a terminal disease....

Your bench is coming back even faster than I thought. I can't imagine you struggling at 115. Much of it is CNS adaptation, I'm sure.

Your leanness will totally pwn my fatass in a few weeks.

Hatred
03-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Don't sweat it Gal. Just stick to your form and it will come back.

cphafner
03-18-2005, 07:38 PM
you're strength is coming back, keep at it.

SW
03-18-2005, 07:43 PM
It'll be ok dude :thumbup: you're back in there, which means your weakness has little time left with you before it's again thrown back to the curb. Just a little more time.

lilmase1153
03-19-2005, 04:50 AM
as everyone has said just keep plugging away and it shall come back :)

Patz
03-21-2005, 09:00 PM
If nothing else, the chain letter progress of your email may shame the offending parties into aiming correctly, and possibly even adjusting their "wipe to flush ratio."

Funny

galileo
03-22-2005, 10:19 AM

A brief update for you *******s. My diet has been completely on track and I'm happy to report that I'm down to 15.1% from 16.8%. I don't know what I weigh, but I will weigh myself at the gym this evening and keep everyone updated. If I slow down to my typical losses as of this week, I'll be dieting another 3 months or so before I'm happy. Once I hit sub 10's, I'll be going in for surgery to remove the excess fat/tissue from my chest, which will be unbelievably exciting for me.

Blood&Iron
03-22-2005, 10:41 AM
It's amazing how quickly you shed fat.

Awesome progress.

briancurran01
03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
good work gal

_8_Ball
03-22-2005, 10:51 AM
It's amazing how quickly you shed fat.

Awesome progress.

Not that surprising when you workout and your on a avg of 1500 cals a day...

**This is a not a nock on your progress Gal, just an observation... **

Wikked1
03-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Dude grats on the fat loss. I'm shocked to hear about the surgery BUT I think it's a good thing if it makes you feel better about the mirror!

galileo
03-22-2005, 12:07 PM
edgar

I'm not terribly concerned, but it's hard not to lament over lost strength.

justin

I'm just hoping to get back up to about 225 over the next few months. With the cut, that may prove to be more difficult than I'd hope, but I'll give it a shot.

josh

Form is a key issue I'm going to focus on when moving forward. It may deflate my weights even farther, but I definitely want to do things as best I can.

c0n

I won't stop now - too much to gain.

will

I need a fast-forward.

mase

Plugging who?

elw00d

It didn't seem to work. *sigh*

bri

Thanks brotha.

zac

All about sticking to the diet. I don't even have any real cravings, so it's making things far easier.

coke.n0se

Actually, my average is 1800, which is low but I'm willing to bet you that my weight won't change much over the course of my diet.

w1kk3d

It's been in the works for a very long time now, I just couldn't afford it until now. It's a big step, a lot of cash, and almost scary, but I can't handle it anymore.

rookiebldr
03-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Damn, now I have to go sub 10 too.

Patz
03-22-2005, 09:09 PM
In a sport such as bodybuilding where looks are virtually everything, why wouldn't one care about something such as gyno? Do what you feel you need to do, as it makes perfect sense to me and many others.

lilmase1153
03-23-2005, 03:41 AM
plugging who? how about me :D

ohh that sounds kinda gross i take that back, go plug wikked or someone who might like it you sicko.........

Canadian Crippler
03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Gyno sucks man. Gonna get mine removed once I cut which is in awhile. Good luck with that.

rookiebldr
03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
plugging who? how about me :D

:eek:

galileo
03-23-2005, 07:17 PM

Workout to the max!

barbell deadlifts (floor): 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x1, 335x1 (PR)

So, the rack was taken up by some dude actually doing...*gasp* squats! They weren't the best for depth, but he was a nice guy and he was also doing deads superset style, which is pretty hardcore. He helped me put the weights on and off as I worked into his dead sets.

I was going to hit 315x2 or 3, but I decided to quickly throw 10's on and pull it immediately, so it was almost like x2 of sorts. Anyhow, I consider this a big ++, because : 1. Second time deadlifting a barbell. 2. First time off the floor. 3. My PR with a trapbar was only about 365, so I'm actually pretty close to those numbers. Not bad.

neutral grip chinups : +0x8, +0x6

Blah. These were hard.

barbell rows : 135x5, 165x5, 165x5

These don't seem to hit my lats as well as I'd like. I believe I'm going to switch back to the diverging row.

dumbbell shrugs : 80x8, 95x8, 105x8, 110x8 (PR)

This is funny. I did a quick set of 80's, which I assumed would be my worksets, but they weren't as hard as I thought. The second set, two other dudes with leather straps approached the dumbbells at the same time. One grabbed 105's, one grabbed 80's and we all did a set of 8. It was kinda funny, since I was the smallest of the bunch by far. The strongest of the two walked away and did something else while I hit my set of 95's. When he returned he strapped himself to the 105's again and squeezed out a few reps then said something to me along the lines of, "If you wanna use the big weights, you gotta get a pair of straps like me." I smiled and said something about hoping my weak grip can hold out on my next set. I walked over to the 105's grabbed them up and slammed out a solid 8 reps with no effort. He didn't say much after that as he worked his way down the dumbbell rack. I spoke up for a final thought as I approached the 110's. "Let's see if I'm going to have to buy straps to do 110's next week." I picked them up, smiling, and shrugged out a good 8. "Guess not!" I love helpful gym dudes. I tried for one more set of 110's when he left, but my grip really did give out this time, which is understandable because this is the most weight I've ever used with dumbbell shrugs. Next time I will try for the 115's.

strive curls : +45[2]+10[1]x5, 5

These were super rough today. My biceps must have been shot.

dumbbell curls : 40x5:5, 35x5:5

Same with these. I wasn't expecting them to be difficult at all.

My diet was a moderated-carb deal today. 175g not including fiber and the typical for everything else. I feel great right now and I'm very glad I finally got back in the gym. Tomorrow is a no carb day, so I'm going to push my chest day off to Friday, if the gym is open. If it isn't, I'll just suck it up and do it tomorrow.

Replies to posts will come tomorrow.

rookiebldr
03-23-2005, 07:24 PM
:cool: What a great feeling you must be having. Excellent work on deads and /pwning the shrugs.

"diverging rows"?... did you cover this earlier and I forgot?

lilmase1153
03-23-2005, 07:27 PM
damn gal your pull muscles are sick bro...... ace deads adn rows and all

JustinASU
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Teh shrugz r t0tally awes0me br0!!!11

errr uhh...

cool story. :D

Seriously though...PRs...already, this early back in the game? I hAet you.

cphafner
03-23-2005, 09:10 PM
great effort. Good to see the deads getting stronger!

ryuage
03-24-2005, 05:41 AM
wtheezy is a diverging row

Canadian Crippler
03-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah, and what's a strive curl? Session looks excellent bro, keep it up.

galileo
03-24-2005, 06:41 AM
jeff

**** yeah you do.

elw00d

Exactly, but the bigger reason is that I'm hindered from doing a lot of the things I want to do. I can't do yard work without a shirt, rarely go swimming, can't wear certain shirts, and so on. It's a huge hinderance in my life.

mase

If you want to be plugged, get ahold of stash. I am...um, taken? Yes, taken.

crippled

I'd wait a few years before you do and make sure if you need to get it removed that you go to a plastic surgeon, not a general surgeon. Ask Pup about this!

jeff, ryuage

Twas a good evening.

The diverging row is a machine which is a neutral row but the handles are independent of each other and diverge as you complete the motion (hint hint - they get farther apart). I feel a great contraction when using this machine.

mase

Thanks. My deads were moving along, but the barbell rows are a fraction of my previous efforts. I can't focus on my back enough when doing them, so I'm just going to move on to something more productive.

justin

You'll be back to that in no time. I hope to continue this progress well into the cut!

crippleeeee

There's a company called strive fitness (http://www.strivefit.com/) that makes a series of amazing machines. They allow you to put extra load on different parts of the movement (1 - end, 2 - full, 3 - beginning). For curls, the part that never gets worked is always the end of the motion, because the weight is moving in a semi-horizontal fashion at that point. The problem with that is, it should be the strongest part of the contraction. With the strive machine I can put a little extra focus on the end of the motion, plus since it is on a lever, the machine stresses the muscle throughout the motion anyway, so it is a win-win.

_8_Ball
03-24-2005, 06:46 AM
That's some nice Shruggin' mang...

Glad to see you back in the gym...

galileo
03-24-2005, 08:05 AM

I took some measurements this morning and I was pretty pleased with where I stand. I was about 183 when I started (closing in on 184 with sweat-drenched pants) and after looking at some logs, I was about 17.6% by 3-site. This morning I was 179lbs at 14.8%.

week.one : 184 @ 17.6%
week.three: 179 @ 14.8% (-6 fat, +1 lbm)

If I'd done my refeeds with a little more consistency and enthusiasm, I'd imagine the numbers to shift more towards muscle gain. I look much better already though, so I have a feeling a little more than 1lb has come back.

Today is a no carb day, so back to that grind. I'll update more soon.

Focused70
03-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Shrug god!!!!!!!!!11!1!!!!!!

Will you be teh next Chicken Daddy? Time will tell.

:)

Stash

SW
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM

I took some measurements this morning and I was pretty pleased with where I stand. I was about 183 when I started (closing in on 184 with sweat-drenched pants) and after looking at some logs, I was about 17.6% by 3-site. This morning I was 179lbs at 14.8%.

If I'd done my refeeds with a little more consistency and enthusiasm, I'd imagine the numbers to shift more towards muscle gain. I look much better already though, so I have a feeling a little more than 1lb has come back.

Good job! You're killin' teh fats off. :ninja: Good to see you getting better. Keep it up!

EdgarMex
03-24-2005, 12:20 PM

Great job on teh fat loss. I'll have to write down what you're doing to pick up some pointers for the next cut

lilmase1153
03-24-2005, 02:05 PM

thats so sick gal..... keep plugging away :D

galileo
03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
coke.n0se

Thanks man. I'm happy to be a little more consistent!

sob4.stash

My traps are fairly decent. Perhaps not Chiggs' level, but they're good in their own right (http://images.hollowmedia.com/beater.jpg).

edgrrrr

Thanks man. I will tell you right now, consistency is the best weapon you can have! Lay out a plan and stick to it.

mase

I'm doing my best. Easter and a long weekend are ahead, so I don't expect to be losing much over that time period, but I'm going to try to load up on protein for Easter dinner so I don't hit the dessert. peanut butter chocolate eggs are my arch-nemesis.

Hatred
03-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Glad to see the progress again man. For what it's worth; I'm proud of you.

Pup
03-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Very nice job on the fat loss bro, when you set your mind to it, you do very well at dieting down.

rookiebldr
03-24-2005, 07:03 PM
You know how I really think, I'm proud of you too. :)

Canadian Crippler
03-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Everything seems to be going well for you. What are your plans for once you hit the BF% you want?

Patz
03-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Was that a pic of Gal on WBB? I thought you'd NEVER do it...lol

galileo
03-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Was that a pic of Gal on WBB? I thought you'd NEVER do it...lol

There are a few of me in my old journal. I had a few picture threads too, I'm sure you can investigate. ;)

SW
03-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Coming out nicely on teh picture. Does anyone else notice your new looks yet?

briancurran01
03-25-2005, 09:05 AM
pics looking good G...good work on the weightloss too bro

galileo
03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
josh

Thanks Josh. I'm hoping to continue forward with this progress as long as possible.

pewp

If only I could continue to set my mind to things!

jeff

As I am of you! You've truly transcended to a new level lately.

cripploo

Surgery, then a clean bulk with the goal of adding 20 pounds, half of it lean I hope.

will, brian

Unfortunately, I confused some of you. That's an old picture from last year sometime. I was clipping in the 8% range in that particular one. The flash washed out some of my cuts, but I had striations in my delts and I think my traps looked pretty good there. Soon enough I'll be back there.

galileo
03-28-2005, 05:47 PM

Happy Easter everyone. I've been very busy with family things and a little exhausted as a result. I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow night though. I hope frequency can increase a bit soon.

cphafner
03-28-2005, 07:36 PM
good job on teh weight loss, traps are looking real nice.

Patz
03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
There are a few of me in my old journal. I had a few picture threads too, I'm sure you can investigate. ;)

I think when I happened by the old thread where you were on stage, you said in there that you would never post a regular picture of yourself. I guess you have since then, and I was just mistaken..lol.

lilmase1153
03-29-2005, 07:24 AM
yeah yeah you hit the gym up and do it right and do it now............ :macho man voice: ohhhhhh yeeaahhhhh!!!!! :macho man voice:

sorry for the spam but oh yeah happy belated easter gal

galileo
03-29-2005, 05:47 PM

I tried to have a no-carb day, but I didn't have enough food in stock to do well. I ended up eating barely anything all day long (i.e. one cup of cottage cheese and one scoop of casein when I arrived home). I've switched gears to a mini-refeed tonight and tomorrow morning and I'll pick up lower carb tomorrow evening and the next day.

.workout.

I don't even know how poorly I did. I do know it wasn't fireworks. The gym was ultra-busy and I didn't feel like wrestling douchebags for access to things, so I just did what I could.

hammer strength iso-press : +25psx8, +45psx8, +70psx8, +80psx3

At the last set, I fell apart. Not sure what this translates to in real strength, but the bench press was occupotto.

strive flyes : 30x8, 50x8, 70x8

Meh. Still don't like them, but everything else was being used.

strive incline press : +45[2]x8, +45[2]+25[1]x6

These were hard as usual.

jm press : 95x8, 125x8

What happened to my tremendous jm press strength? I bet you can guess.

incline dumbbell press : 55x8

With that, I was spent.

Some douchebag 16 year old was in there walking around like he owned the place. He hit some shrugs with 135 with horrid form and strutted his way around. I hate.

heathj
03-29-2005, 06:43 PM
jm press : 95x8, 125x8

What happened to my tremendous jm press strength? I bet you can guess.

You never had it in the first place? :p

Gotta hate those punk kids. But I need those fools in the gym, they give me fuel to my fire. I just draw all my hate out on them and pump out those reps.

Canadian Crippler
03-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Yo Gal. Today I was doing shrugs with 135 (form was a little off) and some dude kept looking at me like as if I owned the place or something. Weird... ;)

To tell you the truth, the amount of times I have ****ed up on exercises and almost killed myself, I'm sure everyone at my gym thinks of me as one of those "punk kids". Don't judge f00!

Session looks fine, I see you like machines.

lilmase1153
03-30-2005, 01:29 AM
way to do what you could man...

galileo
03-30-2005, 05:31 AM
heathj

That may be true. I think working out at that age is great, but when they get all cocky you just want to bitch slap'em.

cr1p

Fag.

Anyhow, it wasn't that he sucked at working out, because we all do. It was the fact that he thought he owned the damned place that kills me. He had the smug look on his face and the strut.

I hate most machines. I had little choice on this particular day.

mase

That was the most depressing comment I've ever received. Thank you.

briancurran01
03-30-2005, 07:05 AM
so are you doing a ud2 style diet gal? or what are you doing?

if you get a chance hit me up on im i have some diet ?s for you diet guru man :)

galileo
03-30-2005, 07:39 AM
brian

Not UD2, just cycling my carbohydrates. I go low (1g/lb bw), no (as close to 0 as possible), then high (unrestricted low GI carbs). 1g/lb protein and some fats here and there (fish oil, olive oil).

Let me know what you need!

Focused70
03-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Hooray for bunny bootay!

heh.

Stash

Wikked1
03-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Could it be your LACK of quality nourishment getting in the way of your strength? Hmmmm :scratch:

rookiebldr
03-30-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm sure everyone at my gym thinks of me as one of those "punk kids". Don't judge f00!

but you are a "punk kid", bitch.

Canadian Crippler
03-30-2005, 02:11 PM
:dj:

SW
03-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Characters. All of you.

Gal, if you were feeling better, we all know you would've given him the patented "Xian bitchslap" complete with a swift toss into the biggest guy there.

Punk kids. Hey, wait a second......

lilmase1153
03-30-2005, 06:38 PM
you know im kidding gal you did great as always..... alas you know you are my HERO!!!!!! siiggghhhhhhhh

cphafner
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Some douchebag 16 year old was in there walking around like he owned the place. He hit some shrugs with 135 with horrid form and strutted his way around. I hate.[/indent]

There are like 6 little teenagers like that at my gym, they remind me of those Gotti punks(fitting since the Gotti's only live 10 mins from my gym).

Go eat!

rookiebldr
03-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Me either, gal. :(

rookiebldr
03-30-2005, 07:20 PM
There are like 6 little teenagers like that at my gym, they remind me of those Gotti punks(fitting since the Gotti's only live 10 mins from my gym).

Go eat!

OMG! The one gym I go to is usually late at night and it's like all the gotti kids come out! Packs of them, curling on the bench presses, they actually think they're spotting their buddy pressing but we all know he's spotting the curl jockey.

Patz
03-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Lol

JustinF
03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Good to see you're consistent again, Xian. Nice work.

galileo
03-31-2005, 05:39 AM
stash

I'm afraid now, thanks.

w1kked

Somehow I feel you could be correct. If I stuck to my diet strictly, I'd be alright, but there are days when I don't have the time to squeeze in the calories I need and I end up slamming them all towards the end. I'm going to do a larger refeed on Saturday, then reevaluate my position. I've not made any particular progress this week, but I feel I've pinpointed the reasons (not overeating, oddly).

rookie

We'll rise above it.

will

We're a crazy bunch.

I've come down with a pretty nasty cold over the last few days, but I'm not going to let it slow me down. I will be bitchslapping again in no time.

mase

I know. I mean, how could you not worship me?

c0nn0r

Wow, that must be a treat. Do you get to see those ****s often? I couldn't imagine more greased up ugly douches.

patricia

lol omg irl!!11!!ONE~

justinf

Thanks Justin. I'm happy to back into things and I'm glad to see you back!

rookiebldr
04-03-2005, 09:39 PM
3 days later.... drums fingers........

p.s. David Cross rocks, that is all.

Wikked1
04-04-2005, 11:15 AM
So.....where's all the workouts dooood?!
Workouts,palaver or rock star type partying cmon I'm dying for a good palaver!

Franco
04-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Hello Mr. Galileo

SW
04-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Mr. Galileo has been absent for a while now. We will have to harass him more than ever *prepares* :evillaugh

TTT
04-04-2005, 09:21 PM
lbs lbs lbs lbs in here I see..

BAH! :cool:

But I liked the story about the weak-grip guys.

JustinF
04-05-2005, 07:15 AM
:windup:

_8_Ball
04-05-2005, 12:15 PM
*looks in... no update.... leaves disapointed.... *

SW
04-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Somebody's gonna get it.... we ain't lettin' Xian slack now. Not after this comeback. Where are the workout's? And palavers :D

galileo
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm working out in a few hours, calm yourselves!

Focused70
04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I was wondering what happened that made your journal look different....

I've figured it out now. :D

Stash

galileo
04-05-2005, 06:38 PM

I've been meaning to update for a while now, but work's got me a bit busy. Things have been good on my end, aside from a little cold and some back tweakage. I don't have much computer time now either, so I'll keep to my update.

.workout.

Legs and calves.

atf v-squat : 144x8, 234x8, 324x8
leg press : 1ppsx8, 2ppsx8, 4ppsx8, 6ppsx8, 7ppsx8
seated calf-raise : +2px8, +3px8
strive hamstring curl : 70[2]x8, 155[2]x8, 155[2]x8

I was fairly pleased with this workout. I progressed with the hamstring curls and did so even after extra lef work. My calf-raises went up and I don't know what my best effort was on the leg press before, but this may be close. I can't fit more 45s on there, so I'll be scrambling to find 100's next time. The v-squat is very much like a regular squat in motion, but less strenuous on the back, so while my lower back is recovering I opted to perform that.

I'm going to try for Thursday with chest, which should be a high carb day. Bitches.

SW
04-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Ahh, the old gal update. Nice work man, you're really coming back legwise. Everything else should follow soon. :thumbup:

galileo
04-06-2005, 05:51 AM
jeff

He sure ****ing does.

wikked

They're coming. I took a short hiatus to recover from a cold and get my back fixed.

fangle

Hello Mr. Fran.

inferior_prenuptual

The best part about being a mod is my delete button. :)

TtT

As an American, I embrace the use of American standards. The metric system is a fad.

justinF

Save the poking for your wife please.

_8_bizzle_

I'm sorry. :(

superior_bill

A palaver will soon come. I've been a little down lately due to a friend that's hospitalized, so I've not had as much to say. Worry not, they'll return.

s0ba

What?

will_again

Thanks. I hope to continue this trend with my chest workouts. I've been very disappointed in my chest strength, which used to be my strong point. I need to focus harder on chest day.

_8_Ball
04-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Your like crack and we all need our daily fix... so I've come to EXPECT daily updates.... ;)

Nice session man...

Focused70
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM
You reconnected your new journal with your (in)famous old journal.

I was like....186 pages? His journal's on gear....and then I looked again and figured it out. Behold the power of the WBB ray gun.

Fine leg session blah blah blah.

Stash

briancurran01
04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
looks like everything is coming along really well for you gal

Wikked1
04-06-2005, 11:52 AM
:spam: Damn back troubles!
Hope you're feeling better

Relentless
04-06-2005, 04:13 PM
7pps? pretty decent leg pressin' fer a little guy. :)

galileo
04-08-2005, 04:15 PM

A quick update here - The site was down so I couldn't tell what I did last time and I'd not been archiving locally as of late, so I just went into the chest workout blind. Sucked.

bench: 135x5, 165x5, 190x4

I don't even know why I tried 190. I almost struggled getting 165 for 5, but I'm stubborn and stupid. I almost had 5 for 190, but I was done at about 3/4 up. Chest used to be my favorite day, now I'm beginning to dread it. I think the time has come to lower my weights and work back up slowly.

strive incline press: 90x5, 145x5

strive incline press: 90x8, 8 superset with: pullovers: 50x8, 8

strive arm extenshun: 70x8, 75x6

Overall, quite underwhelming. Perhaps tomorrow's back workout will prove to be more fruitful.

SW
04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I know how ya feel about dreading what was once cool. That happens when I have trouble progressing. Just having renewed drive next time I try usually breaks me out. It'll pass.

heathj
04-08-2005, 04:33 PM
whenever i get sick of doing a certain bodypart, i just throw out my old workout and do something completely different. good luck.

Hatred
04-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I have a simple, yet,effective plan. If I don't want to do an exercise. I don't do it and substitute it with another. Everybody's(me) happy.

galileo
04-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Also, I wanted to mention that I clipped a 13.6 today. So 184 @ 17.6 -> 179 @ 13.6% so far.

Hatred
04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
:eek:

Blood&Iron
04-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Also, I wanted to mention that I clipped a 13.6 today. So 184 @ 17.6 -> 179 @ 13.6% so far.
F*ck you.

cphafner
04-08-2005, 08:28 PM

Great job on the cutting!

Patz
04-08-2005, 09:28 PM
I missed all kinds of cool stuff whilst I was out of town. I guess the site got all hacked, and nevermore changed his name..what else??

Oh, and I went to page 5 of your journal, figuring that's about where I left off last week. I was reading a post where you were saying that you were fat, and then you mentioned your dirty apartment. I was thinking "I thought he had a house?!?"...yeah, so anyways, then you threw in a rant about going to see the movie "Swimfan," and I realized something was terribly off, and now come to find you've linked up teh journal. It's funny because I probably time-warped back to when you were at the same point you are now, huh? You also had a back injury in that post, which you seem to have again..lol.

Canadian Crippler
04-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Angsty god damn metal!

rookiebldr
04-08-2005, 10:37 PM
****!

galileo
04-11-2005, 02:42 PM
A quick FAQ-style update:

Are you sticking to your diet?
Yes.

Are you working out?
Not as much as I should, but my back hurts and I have a lot of yard-work to complete.

Where's your palaver?
**** you. I found some very humorous things in past posts that you may have missed, so start from page 1 and enjoy.

Relentless
04-11-2005, 03:44 PM
such a little Mr. Cranky Pants!

Isaac Wilkins
04-11-2005, 04:00 PM
W@nker.

rookiebldr
04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
You're just trying to get your view count up. :p

galileo
04-11-2005, 07:47 PM

I did some back and bicep work today. I decided that it is in my best interest to pick a point where the weights are light and barely challenging and work my way back up. This, I did.

cybex eagle iso row : warmup, 110x8, 8
strive divergent pulldown : warmup, 110x8, 8
strive divergent iso row (overhand) : 90x8, 8
technogyn neutral pulldown (overhand) : 90x8, 8
strive preacher curl : +45[1]x6, +25[3]x8

Overall underwhelming, but I stuck to the game plan. My biceps need a lot of work, so I'm starting from scratch there and not letting ego get in the way. +25 doesn't sound like a lot, but on this particular machine it was challenging.

I've not mention much lately, but a few points of interest :
· I bought a Creative Labs Zen Micro 5GB mp3 player. It is fan****ingtastic. The interface owns the iPod, it has an FM radio, and I can use it to get wma's. Go me.
· I'm planting a vegetable garden! Very fun...my first real yard.
· I'm sick of my job and I'm losing interest. I may decided to make a large move soon, any recommendations?

Patz
04-11-2005, 11:06 PM
04.11.2005· I'm sick of my job and I'm losing interest. I may decided to make a large move soon, any recommendations?[/indent]

I, too, am bored after only 5 years in what is supposed to be always-challenging, and always changing. I'm already planning to go get a business degree, so I can broaden my options a bit. You have two degrees, so you may just want to find something that's a challenge. That's my problem...I guess my position's difficult for some, but for a lot of us it's not, and office politics, stupid procedures made by brain-dead people, and an incredible workload are skewing the original vision for the job-title.

I don't know where to go, but I don't have a traditional college degree, and I'll need it. At least now I'm ready for that, as I wasn't when I tried it the first time, and ended up in electronics.

Good luck, Xian..

don't do anything stupid, though

galileo
04-12-2005, 06:10 AM
8.bizzle

People love my crack!=.

soba

Yes, I had a change of heart.

brian

Thanks brian - I'm pleased so far.

wikked

I friggen hate back problems. They affect so much in my life when I have them.

cal

I can't help it I was born with a small frame. :(

will

I am going to lower my weights and work up progressively. I think considering the current caloric environment, it may be beneficial.

heath

That's the thing, I don't have a set workout that I do right now. Prehaps I should put one together.

josh

Wow, that's pure profundity.

zac

It gets better.

conn0r

Thanks!

elwood

Ha! There are some funny rants back there. I don't even recall writing most of them, so when I read them now I sometimes get a good laugh. I believe yesterday I enjoyed a rant on sleep and dreaming.

crip

P0p-h0m0 m3t4l 4 u!!!11!~

rookie

* ******* ****!

cal

I'm not cranky enough.

b0rris

On your fizzace.

rookie

That just happens naturally, sucka.

elwood

I like my house (particularly my yard), but I'm tired of a long commute, the unavailability of my management, and the mundane work I've become blessed with as of late. Last night I was driving home and I stopped at a gas station only to realize I left my wallet on my desk. So...back I go. I didn't get home for another hour after usual, which sucked. On the good side, I went to the gym as a result because I didn't have enough daylight to do the planting I wanted to do.

Anyhow, I was considering - sacramento, somewhere in north carolina, boston, baltimore, or chicago.

rookiebldr
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Think Toronto!

Blood&Iron
04-12-2005, 09:47 AM
elwood

I like my house (particularly my yard), but I'm tired of a long commute, the unavailability of my management, and the mundane work I've become blessed with as of late. Last night I was driving home and I stopped at a gas station only to realize I left my wallet on my desk. So...back I go. I didn't get home for another hour after usual, which sucked. On the good side, I went to the gym as a result because I didn't have enough daylight to do the planting I wanted to do.

Anyhow, I was considering - sacramento, somewhere in north carolina, boston, baltimore, or chicago.
A change of career or simply a move? Or both?

galileo
04-12-2005, 09:50 AM
rookie

Will your company sponsor me? ;)

b&i

I wish to stick with software/it/management, but I need a change in scenery.

Focused70
04-12-2005, 10:21 AM
You know you want to move to Hobbiton. W3rd.

:p

Stash

Blood&Iron
04-12-2005, 10:37 AM
I wish to stick with software/it/management, but I need a change in scenery.
We're still hiring...or will be soon.

Detroit is lovely.

No, really.

galileo
04-12-2005, 10:37 AM

You guys deserve a formal update, so you're getting one. Excited?

I've been at this cut for a little over a month now and my progress has been pretty decent. I'm not going to give a week by week as of now, but I'll give you a "so far so good" and you'll like it.

week one [03.08.2005]: 184 @ 17.6%
week five [04.12.2005]: 179 @ 13.0% [+4 lbm, -9 fat]

I woke up this morning and took a gander in the mirror and for the first time since I've started my cut, I didn't feel morbidly obese. I decided to perform the operose task of looking at myself in the mirror while sitting. It didn't turn out so bad, surprisingly. When I checked my calipers, I found that my quad pinch finally "broke." There's a point when the fat on my leg becomes less dense and measuring the fold is far easier. My abdomen hit that point a few weeks back and now the pinch is approaching on the 10 mark. Unfortunately, the worst part about my fat placement aside from my pecs are my love handles, but they seem to be going down somewhat. Overall, doing well so far.

I began taking ALN's ETS (http://www.atlargenutrition.com) for the last 4 or 5 days in the hopes that my soreness would be limited. Surprisingly, it seems to have helped a great deal. To top it all off, the evening dose of zinc and magnesium seems to really help me settle down and fall asleep with ease. I imagine that if I combined ETS with some melatonin, I'd be a pretty happy guy on the weekends.

I've also started taking some Tahitian Noni Juice, because my parents bought me a bottle. It's supposed to have some good anti-inflammatory properties, so it should help my back pain a bit. I've not been consistent enough with it to really know just yet.

.diet.

Today is a higher carb day, so I'll be indulging in Fiber One, 9-grain bread, oatmeal, and a low-fat Subway sammich.

.workout.

Gardening cardio - shoveling, tilling, and planting.

.palaver.

Yesterday was a ****ing pristine day. I awoke, late, to find that my mp3's didn't rip down as I'd hoped they would, so I fumbled to restart the process while I was away. I made it to work late and my gas light kicked on as I was pulling into the parking lot. "That's fine," thought I, "I will just get gas at lunch." Right.

I have my bi-weekly, hour-long individual meeting with my manager that I had been forced to miss last time due to appraisals, so I spent the morning preparing what I did for the last few months in a concise, completely inaccurate spreadsheet. I check his calendar to make sure he did not have anything important right before, because that typically means that mine will get pushed back a bit. What do I see? He ****ing double-scheduled the latter portion of my meeting with a workout involving a girl from another group. I was ****ing pissed, so I called him and asked him if he'd like to have the meeting the hour before so we can get our full time in. He told me that he was sorry, but if I needed the full hour I could come back early, but he had a quick meeting with his boss that he was about to begin. Quick. Right.

I went early, as suggested, and he was still in his meeting. I walked back to my area, shuffled some papers, then about 5 minutes later I went back to check. Get this - he looks up at me, then looks right back down without acknowledging my presence. All he needed to do was excuse himself and let me know he would meet with me later, but no - he decided it would be more beneficial to completely ignore me. ******. So, I went to the bathroom, returned, went to get coffee, returned. Eventually I had lost all motivation for the day and retired to my cubical to wait for something to server as impetus for the rest of my day. Like my meeting, it just didn't happen.

I get a phone call from the boss, apologizing for the extremely important meeting he couldn't miss, as he was on his way to his mid-morning. He assures me that he'll catch up with me this afternoon and we'll have our meeting. Right. The afternoon comes and goes, and guess what...no meeting. I bet you guessed right, you smart mother****ers.

We ran out of water and diet soda here, so I was stuck sucking down the over-chlorinated metallic sewage they call tap water. I wouldn't have even bothered, but I took two Thermorexin after my cottage cheese and I didn't drink enough to dissolve it before the food was out of my stomach, so I stood for 15 minutes in the bathroom, dry ****ing heaving, trying to suck down as many liters of water as I possibly could before I puked. I held it back, thankfully.

I leave for home and realize that I for****inggot to get gas, so I head to the Sheetz near the highway. I pull in and reach in my back pocket, pulling out - NOTHING. I ****ING PULLED OUT NOTHING. I ****ING LEFT MY ****ING WALLET ON MY ****ING DESK AT ****ING WORK, LEAVING ME WITH NOTHING IN MY ****ING POCKETS. I scramble to find loose change or something, but to no avail. So back into traffic I go, wasting another hour of my life commuting between the gas station and our offices, then back to the gas station to actually get gas in preparation for the next 50 miles of driving I needed to do. By this time it is six-****ing-thirty and I am quickly running out of daylight, so I can't go to the greenhouse and get the seeds, bulbs, plants, and fencing I needed to complete my garden tasks. After much deliberation, I headed to the gym, only to find that my dog ****ing ate the foam off of my headphones (Remind me to beat the **** out of her). As I perform my geriatric rows and womanly pulldowns on all of the pussy machines, my earbuds consistently fell out of my ears, leaving me in mono-hell. The problem was quickly resolved, however, as my battery died before I got through my entire workout. Way to forget to charge it, me. **** me.

I retired to my bedroom as early as possible and called it an evening. Wonderful day.

Focused70
04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
*applauds and waits for more brilliance*

Stash

SW
04-12-2005, 03:23 PM
LMFAO! Oh man, your days make me realize mine aren't so bad.

Hatred
04-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Wow,,,I wish my days were like that.

heathj
04-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I didn't read it, I don't have time. But from other's responses...your life sucks! :p

just wanted to say something...off to softball!

Patz
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
How did you have enough gas to get back to work?

That was one seriously crappy day. It seems, with me, that if I screw a couple things up, I manage to F*** the rest of it pretty quick.

I used to commute from KY to Charleston, and it was 81 miles each way. ONE TIME I forgot to transfer our phones, and remembered in KY, and drove the entire distance back to do it.

Patz
04-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Oh...and I can go ahead and rule out Baltimore for ya. I just spent a week there, and it SUCKS. I also work with Verizon techs on Baltimore stuff every day, and can tell you that a 30 minute traffic-less commute there will be over an hour on a regular workday. Add to that a high crime rate, and Northern attitude, and you're F***ED.

Hatred
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Move to St Pete, Florida..It's so nice I'm moving there twice!.....:(

Manveet
04-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Wow, you always whine how you are a fat ****, but with a little consistency and dedication you seem to have no problem making progress on your diet. +4lbs of LBM, and -9lbs of fat, I would be happy as hell.

galileo
04-13-2005, 10:42 AM
soba

Hobbiwha?

b&i

I've been to detroit. Before then, I couldn't imagine a place that had criminals so tactful that they could steal your wallet as you're flying overhead. You learn something new everyday.

soba

You're welcome.

will

They'll get worse, don't you worry.

hatred

I bet you do. I bet you ****ing do.

heathj

Glad to bother you with a lengthy update.

elwood

A 2 gallon reserve helps.

I couldn't imagine 81 miles one way...that's just not worth it.

elwood

I didn't mind the suburbs and I have some friends there.

hatred

You moving back? The woman is trying to get a job at the Dali museum, so it definitely isn't out of the question.

manveet

Whining allows me to motivate myself. If I don't care, I won't do **** about it. I am doing pretty well now and I will continue to as long as I stay motivated - which is why I complain. I'm not naturally lean all the time like some, so it will always take effort.

Focused70
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Hobbiton = New York.

Haven't you been paying attention? :soapbox:

Stash

rookiebldr
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
rookie

Will your company sponsor me? ;)

They'd likely want you in the states and THEN where will I be. ****ed! :(

I see you got your ETS, nice to see that decision was done.

briancurran01
04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
hey gal are you still using that H.E.A.T. product? i am looking into trying it out...what kind of results did you have with it...i am trying another avant lab product also Phenogen

Patz
04-13-2005, 09:00 PM
AS long as you don't have a long commute, it wouldn't be bad, but housing in the Baltimore/DC area is INSANE.

lilmase1153
04-14-2005, 02:21 AM
damn gal you have made leaps and bounds on your cut bro.... i am very very jealous

galileo
04-14-2005, 09:31 AM
soba

I don't pay anything.

rookie

ETS is going well!

brian

I stopped using HEAT as it did nothing for my hunger, whatsoever. I wasn't particularly structured at the time, so I really don't know how it worked. I do know, however, that it was expensive and I did just fine on ephedrine/caffeine in the past. I've not tried Phenogen, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. I'd love to use some pergolide (pharmaceutical reality of what Phenogen was trying to accomplish), but I have a job and a life, which would make it hard.

elw00d

I have no idea what I'll end up doing. None.

mase

Thanks mase. Consistency has been key for me. When I hit sub 12, I'll likely need to tighten up the diet a little and by the time I'm sub 10, I'll need to be damned near perfect (or worse...I'll have to do cardio). But for now, I'm definitely having success.

galileo
04-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I found tremendous satisfaction in reading the results from Beast's cut (not our Beast, Avant Labs' Beast) and I felt I'd share.

The original article (http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php?issueID=27&pageID=335)

He was a lean guy to start with and in four weeks he dropped 7.6lbs of fat and added 2.5lbs of lean tissue. You might say, "You just did something similar to that." I will answer, "I'm not clipping a 3% right now either."

In the end, UD2 may be one of the most valuable tools that we have as a bodybuilder - if you can stand the program.

I plan on following a similar routine to this once I become lean enough for it to matter. I know I've not been too detailed with what I'm up to and that's because it is oversimplified and requires little extra effort when you're as fat as I started out to be. Here are a list of supplements that I am using or I will likely use when moving forward, just so you know.

1. ETS - This has helped and I feel will continue to help my training. I feel fully recovered about 24-36 hours after my workout and that's ****ing amazing. Typically I will stay sore for a good deal of time, but now I'm not at all. The zinc is a good mineral to use with dieting as it helps to regulate leptin.

2. DAG Oil (Enova) - This is far easier for your body to convert to ketones, allowing for quicker energy transfer and less need for glucose breakdown on the low calorie/carb diet. This has recently become available at local stores and I'm very excited to use it. It will be of minimal value to me on my current routine and I'd be just as well off sticking to olive, but once I'm in a period of ketosis longer than a day, it's on.

3. Vinegar + Lemon Juice - This is very good for glucose uptake and I've never really stuck to it long enough to get the results. Reason being, it isn't the simplest thing to dose at work.

4. Sesathin - I've had noticable results with sesathin so far. I truly believe it makes a difference, even short-term. It's can prevent some degree of lbm gain, so I take it only on low carb day.

5. Calcium Carbonate (Tums) - This is good for depletion and it helps with my nightly acid reflux issues. It is one of my current tricks and I plan on employing it when switching routines as well.

6. Thermorexin - This has just about every ingredient one would ever want for fat loss. It has alcar, altyr, synephrine, yohimbine, caffeine, black & green tea, etc. The list goes on and on.

I may also be trying Leptigen Basic and MASS as Beast did. We'll see.

I like the looks of his plan, including sprinting cardio on the second day, although I'd like to consider it more thoroughly as the full body depletion workout is the rough equivalent of being gang-raped by a team of Austrian tight-rope walkers hopped up on mescaline.

briancurran01
04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
hey gal the Phenogen has sesathin in it that is what attrated me to it...they say it is good for people over 15% with quite a bit to loose..i read one review where a guy was taking it and eating like crap and not even exercising and he dropped from a size 46 waist to a 42 in a short period of time...i figure with the cardio and psmf i should see good results...and I did order the HEAT to see if it helps at all with the appetite suppression...i read a review from the Avant labs beast and he thought that heat worked really well also

heathj
04-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah that guy lost a crazy amount of fat...:eek:

Focused70
04-14-2005, 12:39 PM
is the rough equivalent of being gang-raped by a team of Austrian tight-rope walkers hopped up on mescaline.

I knew you'd come through for us. That's our galoshes. :hump:

Stash

PowerManDL
04-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Derek's one lean SOB, too. If it works for him like that, I'd imagine it gives hope for the rest of us.

I just wish I could be that strict on my eating and supplementation on Sat/Sun. That's when it really goes to hell for me.

Beast
04-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Good luck, gal. Diet does look good.

One thing I've wondered... on the high carb days, do you eat junk food or just get all the carbs from healthy foods?

Also, what are you looking like these days? Any pics or anything?

galileo
04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
brian

I have my doubts about that testimonial, but if it works for you, that's most excellent. As I said, HEAT did nothing for my hunger, but different things work better for different people.

heathj

Well executed UD2.

sober

;)

powerman

He's really ****ing lean. Prick.

Saturday and Sunday are the best on UD2. All I ever did was eat low-fat and just ate when hungry and I was fine. Subway is my friend.

beast

Thanks.

A typical high carb day for me is boring. Not really high enough, probably. I do some oatmeal, some 9-grain bread, fiber one, some kashi whole grain bars, perhaps some subway. I enjoy getting a whole wheat sub with chicken strips, lettuce, onion, and chipotle sauce. Then when I get home I melt fat-free cheese on it and enjoy. Otherwise, pretty boring.

PowerManDL
04-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah, but I drink like a fish. That changes the equation some.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I can solve that problem by just offsetting everything by one day. That way the carbload starts Friday PM and runs all day Saturday (since beer is carb).

briancurran01
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
gal: yeah it is probably bs (the testimonial) but i will have a clean diet so it should work..hopefully...if not i dropped fat really well on psmf before just looking for that lil extra nudge

galileo
04-19-2005, 12:28 PM
I've been doing my diet thing, lots of yard work, keeping sane. I hit 12% this morning and I'm feeling good. The love handles are reducing and there's some noticable change in definition. I'm coming close to the time where UD2 will be a necessity. Perhaps next week, even. We'll see.

PowerManDL
04-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Ph34r my UD2.0 skillz (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6504)

ectx
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
I've been doing my diet thing, lots of yard work, keeping sane. I hit 12% this morning and I'm feeling good. The love handles are reducing and there's some noticable change in definition. I'm coming close to the time where UD2 will be a necessity. Perhaps next week, even. We'll see.

Good to see that the diet's been working for you. So are you planning on single digits? right now I'd be more than happy to be 12%

cphafner
04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
great job on the fatloss, I might have to tap into your fatloss expertise in a couple of months

heathj
04-19-2005, 07:33 PM
I hit 11.9% today :D I haven't measured back in a few weeks though so it may even be lower. Lost .6% bf this past week!

SW
04-21-2005, 06:57 PM
*blows teh dust off this journal* hey biotch, where is your busy ass? Sounds like the fat loss is one track nicely. Good. How much strength would you say (claim ;) ) you've gained back since starting back up?

JustinF
04-22-2005, 06:13 AM
:spam:

Good luck with teh UD2

galileo
04-25-2005, 02:32 PM
04.25.2005 - Day 1 of 28 [UD2.0]

I'm extremely out of it as I just completed my workout, so much of this won't make sense later.

I weighed myself this morning on my brand new scale and it gave me some news that I hate to see. 175lbs. I so didn't want to lose those extra pounds, but I guess it was inevitable, particularly since I took the previous week off. I'm going to assume I'm roughly in the 12% range by 3-site right now, which still gives me about 11.5lbs of fatloss and 2.5lbs lbm gain. Not terrible for a little over a month, but I've got a ways to go.

My goal for the next four weeks is to lose about 8lbs more and try to gain a little muscle on my weekends. The lowest I'd like to go is 170, but I'll accept 167 if I must. That will put me around 8% 3-site and just low enough to take my pre-surgery pictures. This next month is very very important in this sense. I've taken great care when assembling my plan and I'm doing everything possible to maximize my results. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to spill it, because I'm just that kinda guy.

Here's the plan (which may change as early as tomorrow):

diet
monday-thursday (am): low carbs, low cals
thursday (pm): carb binge (400g)
friday: carb binge (800g)
saturday: high carb, low fat - slightly above maintenance
sunday: high carb, low fat - maintenance

supplements :
monday-thursday (am): ETS, sesathin, multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 3g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine, calcium carbonate
thursday (pm)-friday: ETS, multi-vitamin, vinegar + lemon juice
saturday:ETS, sesathin, multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 3g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine
sunday: ETS, sesathin, multi-vitamin, calcium carbonate

workout:
monday : full body depletion
tuesday: upper body depletion (am), hiit sprints (pm)
wednesday: 45-60 mins slow/moderate cardio
thursday: 45-60 mins slow/moderate cardio (am), tension workout (pm)
friday: rest
saturday: power workout
sunday: rest

.diet.and.supplements.

Low carb? Yes, quite.

· 8oz cottage cheese, 6oz bluebunny yogurt, 3 fish oil caps
· 8oz turkey, 3 fish oil caps
· 6oz chicken, 1 tbsp DAG oil, green veggies
· 16oz low-carb milk, 2 servings Nitrean, 1 tbsp DAG oil, 10g psyllium fiber

1293 kcals · 45g fat · 42g carbs · 179g protein

Supplements : ETS (4 caps AM/PM), sesathin (3x1/4ml), multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 3g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout), calcium carbonate (750mg AM/1500mg PM)

.workout.

This is a full body depletion workout. I was correct in my previous synopsis.

leg extension : 20x12, 60x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
leg curl : 60x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
chest press : 60x12, 80x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
neutral row : 60x12, 80x12, 12, 12, 12, 12
lateral raise : 15x12, 12, 12
db curls : 25x12:12, 12:12
db extensions : 25x12:12, 12:12

Typing that back made me tired. Everything was burning and I was completely out of breath upon completion. I didn't take huge rests and I completed the workout in about 50 minutes. It hurt to remove my clothing, but I looked extremely full, which is about the only thing pleasant I can say. For some reason, I ****ing loved it.

heathj
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
why the full body depletion then a upper body only depletion...what about two full body depletions? :) They're fun back to back!

GOOD LUCK! :thumbup:

galileo
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
heathj

The legs will be depleted from the sprints, so doing more leg work would cause muscle loss. Muscle isn't exactly a plentiful commodity for me right now, so I'll try to hang on to it for a little bit longer.

JustinF
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Nice depletion, Xian. What's the science behind the vinegar and lemon juice?

cphafner
04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
tough workout. Good luck on getting to 8%, you'll get there!

SW
04-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Hey man, I like the volume alot. Good to see you pulling through. 8% would be ****ing awesome.

briancurran01
04-25-2005, 06:49 PM
nice looking depletion workout bro....is the sesathin in a capsule...or a liquid? i am finally starting to see some results from the phenogen.

Patz
04-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Looks good...I am nowhere near that organized yet.

*takes mental notes*

Canadian Crippler
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
I'll probably end my bulk at near the end of my school year and cut down to 8% like you have. I want to get my surgery done and be fully recovered for when school starts in Grade 11. I know how you feel about having to stall the muscle gaining process because of some stupid mother ****in bitch tits. I'm not looking forward to it one bit!

Best of luck with this week, when is surgery scheduled for? And where are you getting the money??

galileo
04-26-2005, 07:17 AM
justinf

Thank you. It assists in glucose uptake, which will be adventageous when refeeding.

c0nn0r

Yeah, they never seem to get easier either. Thanks too, I really hope I hit a true 8%.

will

You can have it! 8% would definitely be awesome.

brian

Sesathin is a liquid.

pat

You'll get there. Just takes some motivation, I suppose.

cr1p

Sounds like a good plan. The time off for surgery will definitely not be wonderful, but I'm hoping that I'm lean enough by then that it won't much matter.

I haven't yet scheduled the surgery, I'm waiting until I'm low enough to get some decent pictures that show the problem. The money will come from my pocket, which I've been saving for this very purpose.

briancurran01
04-26-2005, 07:54 AM
oh ok...the reason i asked is because the phenogen has sesathin in it...but that is in capsule form

galileo
04-26-2005, 01:11 PM
04.26.2005 - Day 2 of 28 [UD2.0]

If yesterday was equivalent to being rapid by said Austrians (See earlier posts., then today felt like what I imagine female circumcision would feel like, if I were properly equipt. I am destroyed and truly depleted.

When I woke up this morning, I knew right away that my depletion was successful thus far. I looked like I'd lost 20lbs of muscle overnight. Oddly, my scale weight was 180. I think my scale is broken or something.

I know that I won't make it to the gym tonight because of some things I need to finish at home, so I decided just to go for the full body routine again today. I may revise this a bit later, but for now it should be suitable. I'm depleted and ready to burn fat. Tomorrow is cardio day, which means I'll get a little break from the abuse in favor of a different kind of abuse.

So far, so good.

.diet.supplements.

More low carbitude.

Supplements : ETS (4 caps AM/PM), sesathin (3x1/4ml), multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 3g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout), calcium carbonate (750mg AM/1500mg PM)

.workout.

The second full body depletion workout. I increaed my reps to 15's this time. I failed to mention last time that I split this into two circuits, 3 sets a part, move on, repeat.

leg extension : 20x8, 60x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
leg curl : 60x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
chest press : 80x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
neutral row : 80x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 8 -> 60x7
lateral raise : 15x15, 12.5x15, 12.5x15
db curls : 25x12:12

I skipped the arm work because they were extremely spent from everything else. I did one set of dumbbell curls for the hell of it, but I don't think it was of much value to me. I am looking forward to tomorrow off - well, as off as cardio can be.

rookiebldr
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Great work!

Anthony
04-26-2005, 01:15 PM
How do you like the sesathin?

briancurran01
04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
nice looking session...looking at your depletion full body workout...i probably need to change mine up i think i am doing too many sets nice work bro

Hatred
04-26-2005, 01:26 PM
UGH. Cutting madness.

galileo
04-26-2005, 01:36 PM
rookie

Thanks!

anthony

I like it a lot. I think of all the supplements that I have taken, it showed the most apparent physical results. I forgot to note that last time I performed UD2, I depleted nowhere near as quickly as I did this time, which I have to attribute at least in part to the Sesathin.

brian

You're just more hardcore than I am.

hatred

INSANITY~

briancurran01
04-26-2005, 02:07 PM
nah...i am just overtraining.

Focused70
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
I sympathize, although you're a bitchier diva than I could ever be. :p

Stash

galileo
04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
04.27.2005 - Day 3 of 28 [UD2.0]

Wait, what? It's only day ****ing 3?

My muscles look extremely flat, but I must say there is a noticable difference in my love handles and legs. I did a quick leg pinch this morning and I dropped some fat from that region, so I was pretty pleased. I am estimating my 3-site to be about 11.5, but we'll see come Saturday and Monday how I truly did.

I'm so ready for my refeed already. I'm just happy that I didn't go through the "sick phase" of the no carb day. I got that out of my system when I carb cycled, I suppose. Typically, the first two shifts to ketosis make me extremely ill, to the point where I need to have some small amount of sugar to prevent what I feel is something along the lines of hypoglycemia. This time, no problem.

Too tired to provide any excess details and I have a long night ahead. My motivation for anything in the evening has become nil, which isn't too great for the housework. It's all worth it though.

.diet.supplements.

Carbs? What carbs? My mistake as of Monday and Tuesday has been the exclusion of fiber. I must correct this tonight.

Supplements : ETS (4 caps AM/PM), sesathin (3x1/4ml), multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 25mg ephedrine (pre-cardio), calcium carbonate (750mg AM/1500mg PM)

.workout.

I did me some walking on the treadmill.

walking : 45 minutes @ 3.0-5.0°/3.5-3.7mph

My calves cramped up very quickly, which is no shock since I've not done any cardio in a long time. At about 15 minutes I was ready to quit and go to sleep on the floor of the gym, but I pressed on. At 20 minutes I got a very powerful second wind, which carried me into the next 25 minutes. My leg cramps went away and I was smooth sailing. I would've went for a full hour, but I had to get back to work.

heathj
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
i may need to try some ets this summer if i want to do a gpp...or a hypertrophy shiat.

wish i had some ephedrine as well, but thermocin does its job in supressing my appetite and giving me energy. not sure how good it is at fat burning though.

day 3?! well, after the first week it goes by quite quickly. good luck mofo.

Canadian Crippler
04-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Walking on the treadmill is fun if you do it without clothes on. Try it out one day.

SW
04-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Tomorrow is cardio day, which means I'll get a little break from the abuse in favor of a different kind of abuse.

That's why you'll succeed. Great work thus far man, just keep this up. :lurk:

Patz
04-27-2005, 07:17 PM
I still just can't fathom living within the wretched fog of depletion.

Thankfully, I get to live vicariously through you, and can check it out!

galileo
04-28-2005, 06:12 AM
heathj

I'd like to do some GPP, but I don't live in a private enough area to not feel like an ******* running with a tire.

cr1p

I'm sure the middle-aged men and overweight women will love it.

will

Thanks man. I enjoy the abuse, even if I complain. It paid off so far this week!

pat

You get used to it. Trust me, it isn't all that bad once you get into the groove of the schedule.

Anthony
04-28-2005, 06:25 AM
I'd like to do some GPP, but I don't live in a private enough area to not feel like an ******* running with a tire.

Don't be such a pussy.

heathj
04-28-2005, 10:18 AM
i plan on doing it in the middle of my alley, which leads to like 20 houses...people will just look at you and say "man that guy is a badass"

plus hopefully you and i will be ripped from ud2 by the time gpp time comes around ;)

galileo
04-28-2005, 01:08 PM
04.28.2005 - Day 4 of 28 [UD2.0]

I'm almost to my refeed. It's so close, I can quite literally taste the delicious carbs passing over my palate and into my empty, empty stomach. But there's a snag. In the rush of my morning, I forgot to create the protein shake, which contains the 175g of dextrose in it, which will ultimately start my refeed. I live an hour away from work, so going home for said shake is not an option. I'm going to try to call marlynn since she goes to school a half hour closer to me and see if we can meet up somewhere in between. The bigger problem will be walking her through the creation of the shake, since she's not familiar with the scale. I can't afford to **** up the diet, so I'm going to try my best to get this rocking today. Absolute worst case scenario would be that I would had to push my tension workout to tomorrow and do things more in the way that Beast outlined them. I'm not sure if I am hardcore enough right now to really handle an extra day of no carbs.

[fast forward time]

My wonderful girlfriend drove 40 minutes out of her way to deliver me the protein shaker. I just took in my preworkout carb/protein deal and almost instantaneously I can feel myself shifting gears.

[fast forward time]

My workout is finished, I slammed down my protein shake in record time, and I'm ready to go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day.

.diet.supplements.

Ketone hell -> glycogen heaven.

· 58g protein, 175g dextrose
· sushi and lots of rice
· bagels, fat-free cream cheese, 16oz fat-free milk

~3000 kcals · ~25g fat · ~450g carbs · ~240g protein

Supplements : ETS (4 caps AM/PM), multi-vitamin, 3g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout), calcium carbonate (750mg AM), 10g creatine (post-workout)

I'm going to try to use some vinegar/lemon juice throughout this one.

.workout.

Tension.

45° leg press : 5ppsx12, 12
45° calf raise : 5ppsx12, 12
leg curl : 80x12, 12
leg extension : 80x12, 12
cable crossovers: 100x12, 12
lat pulldown : 80x12, 90x8 -> 8x4
chest press : 100x12, 12
neutral row : 100x12, 9.5x12
lateral raise : 17.5x12, 17.5x12
hammer curls : 30x10:10, 20x12:12

Looking back at my numbers from March of last year, I didn't do too bad in the strength department. My leg press/calf-raise is down by +15ps, leg curl is up by 10, I left my leg extension low as to not bother my knees, but I could've done more, lat pulldown is a little weaker, row is about the same, chest press I could raise if I wanted to, and my hammer curls have become ****, but I was very tired by that point. Overall, it wasn't as bad as I remember.

PowerManDL
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
You know, for some reason I haven't had any trouble working with the low carbs/low calories. Usually it drives me up a wall, but for some reason I've been all dedicated and ****.

galileo
04-29-2005, 06:16 AM
majt

It definitely has a different "feel" when you're into it. When I came down off of my bulk last year I had no desire to cut, which made the diet twice as hard. Now that I'm in the cutting mood, I'm ready to go.

Pup
04-29-2005, 06:55 AM
majt

It definitely has a different "feel" when you're into it. When I came down off of my bulk last year I had no desire to cut, which made the diet twice as hard. Now that I'm in the cutting mood, I'm ready to go.

Its actually been a bit different for me...i've been trying to cut since like february and kept screwing up. With this approach, the built in 3 days in hell, then glorious ascension *giggle* keep you sane. I find it so much easier to be hardcore for 3.5 days and stick to it then a week long thing where you get one all out cheatfest.

galileo
04-29-2005, 07:10 AM
r0b

I agree with you as well. I was actually looking forward to switching from carb cycling to UD2 for some of the same reasons. The other thing I like about UD2 is that it's very regimented and when I have a looser diet, I tend to overeat or rationalize different foods. Systematic diets are far easier for me to follow than ones where I have the leeway to **** up. Also, UD2 leaves my weekends far more open, so I can live a somewhat normal life, even while cutting very hard. The only downfall for the whole program to me is the workouts, but I'll deal.

PowerManDL
04-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I have to admit that I'm liking the concept of a diet where you only "diet" for 50% of the week.

The workouts bite. Rephrase that-- the depletion workouts bite. But other than that, I'm pleased with it.

Patz
04-29-2005, 08:04 PM
*starts debating the UD2*

galileo
04-30-2005, 03:02 PM
04.30.2005 - Day 6 of 28 [UD2.0]

Yesterday I did fairly well. I crashed pretty early though and woke up with some acid reflux from all the food in my stomach. That sucked. This morning I weighed in at 180 and my bodyfat clipped at 11%. I know there's water to be accounted for, but I'm doing pretty well as far as regain goes.

week seven [05.01.2005]: 175 @ 10.5% [+5 lbm, -14 fat]

leg press: 3ppsx8, 5ppsx8, 7ppsx5, 8.5ppsx5
seated calf-raise : 135x5, 5
incline db press : 65x5, 70x5
lat pulldown : 165x5, 5
cable crossover : 80psx5, 100psx5
neutral row : 150x5, 5
strive leg curl : 150x5, 130x5
strive curl : 45x5, 5
tricep pulldown : 40x5, 100x1, 90x4
hammer curls : 40x5, 50x3, 45x5
rope pulldown : 90x5, 110x5

The workout wasn't bad. I finally hit 8.5pps on leg press, which was nice. Otherwise, same old same old. I can't squat or deadlift yet, because I'm still working on my back recovery. But soon...

Patz
04-30-2005, 06:26 PM
ok..I'm gonna do this...

with a PLAN...structured, clear, concise, regimented, and doing all the thinking for me..

Canadian Crippler
04-30-2005, 09:09 PM
week seven [05.01.2005]: 175 @ 10.5% [+5 lbm, -14 fat]**** you.

rookiebldr
04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Nice work on getting huge fast and moving 8.5pps! Now stop putting me to shame, ethug. ;)

Canadian Crippler
04-30-2005, 11:04 PM
That's my God damn word!

ryuage
04-30-2005, 11:06 PM
That's my God damn word!

of course who else could think up something so lame ;)

galileo
05-01-2005, 08:14 AM

If you didn't notice, I changed my week seven stats this morning. I woke up and I was pretty dry, looked in the mirror and was pleased with the difference. Did my clips and it turns out I was down to 10.5%, so I decided to weigh myself and I hit 175. This is one of the most successful runs at UD2 I'd say I've had so far. I didn't eat a ton yesterday and I think I balanced out pretty well, so these are going to be my final numbers for the week. Sunday may be the best day to take stats after all.

Manveet
05-01-2005, 09:46 AM
week seven [05.01.2005]: 175 @ 10.5% [+5 lbm, -14 fat]

Wow, that's some awesome progress.

I've done UD2.0 twice now, and although I find it better than a reduced calorie diet, I have never experienced some of these awesome gains I see others experiencing.

You should do UD2.0 all year round, with only small breaks in between cycles.

galileo
05-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Wow, that's some awesome progress.

I've done UD2.0 twice now, and although I find it better than a reduced calorie diet, I have never experienced some of these awesome gains I see others experiencing.

You should do UD2.0 all year round, with only small breaks in between cycles.

Thank you. I owe most of the lbm gain to muscle recovery from a long time off, but I do fairly well on the program anyhow. The main reason I wouldn't do it year round is because the schedule is just too much for me to handle for more than a month at a time. The diet is no problem, in fact I actually enjoy it quite a bit, but the workout is brutal and too rigid for me to follow forever. When I bulk, I may employ what I call my "beta bulk," which focuses on similar principles, but not nearly as extreme.

heathj
05-01-2005, 12:01 PM
wow you were up to 17.6%...fatty. good thing you did the ud2 or you were about to die of obesity :p

galileo
05-01-2005, 12:08 PM
wow you were up to 17.6%...fatty. good thing you did the ud2 or you were about to die of obesity :p

17.6% by 3-site plus my man-boobage doesn't make for a pretty physique. ;)

Unholy
05-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Damn UD 2.0 sounds amazing. if elwood decided to do this I will definatly get owned. Would you say that UD 2.0 ismuch better than PSMF?

galileo
05-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Damn UD 2.0 sounds amazing. if elwood decided to do this I will definatly get owned. Would you say that UD 2.0 ismuch better than PSMF?

It depends on your goals. UD2.0 is far better for retaining muscle mass on a cut, but you won't get the pure fat loss that you can achieve through a PSMF. If your bodyfat is high, I'd stick with PSMF; UD2.0 is typicall for those with sub 12% levels.

rookiebldr
05-01-2005, 05:43 PM
That's my God damn word!

*snicker

If you didn't notice, I changed my week seven stats this morning. I woke up and I was pretty dry, looked in the mirror and was pleased with the difference. Did my clips and it turns out I was down to 10.5%, so I decided to weigh myself and I hit 175. This is one of the most successful runs at UD2 I'd say I've had so far. I didn't eat a ton yesterday and I think I balanced out pretty well, so these are going to be my final numbers for the week. Sunday may be the best day to take stats after all.

duly noted.

cphafner
05-01-2005, 05:54 PM
real impressive results on the BF. Great session too, strong leg presses!

Pup
05-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Solid work Christian, now that you have the diet down to a science you shouldn't have any trouble getting 6% on this cut.

galileo
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
05.02.2005 - Day 8 of 28 [UD2.0]

The weekend went alright, I suppose. My refeed was more successful than before and I managed to eat most of the 1200g. If I shoot for 1200, I'll typically fall short, so it is usually better if I do.

I'm back in grad school starting this evening. I'm not particularly looking forward to sitting in class for four hours on an empty stomach, but I suppose I have to suck it up.

.diet.supplements.

Low carb die.

Supplements : ETS (4 caps AM/PM), sesathin (3x1/4ml), multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 3g l-tyrosine (pre-workout), calcium carbonate (750mg AM/1500mg PM)

.workout.

This is a full body depletion workout.

leg extension : 65x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
leg curl : 60x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
cable crossover: 15psx15, 30psx15, 15
chest press : 80x15, 15, 15
neutral row : 80x15, 15, 15, 60x15, 70x15, 15
db cable curls : 25psx15, 15

Today the nausea kicked in. I could barely finish the ****ing workout I was so bent.

.palaver.

Quickly...

On the wall of the gym exists a photo; a photo of an accomplished man. This man's skills have led him to become, the "Member of the Month." Said man decided to grace me with his presence today while I suffered through my depletion workouts. As I sat on the leg extension preparing for my fifth set, writhing in pain, the MOTM sauntered in and toward the dumbbell rack, where he grasped the 20lb dumbbells tightly within his middle-aged metacarpus. He proceeded to do, what I humbly feel to be, the longest set of dumbbell curls in history. His face bore the pain of each repetition as his 12" arms began to glow under the fluorescent illuminations of the overhead fixtures. Just when I thought his junket was complete, he performs an exercise only fit for someone as regal as the "Member of the Month." The 20lb dumbbells lifted slightly above his head while his elbows glanced in either direction, as if they were announcing to all who surrounded that the best was about to come. The MOTM smiled brightly and began to execute a perfect emulation of the pectoral fly. The dumbbells moved along an amazing ROM of 6" horizontal and let me be honest with you when I say, I could literally hear his chest getting bigger.

Focused70
05-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Junket should be a swear word, dammit.

Isaac Wilkins
05-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Watching yourself lift in the mirror again, Xian?

Congrats on the award, by the way.

;)

SW
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
"fish oil caps"? that sounds as revolting as your mouth watering over that middle aged db queen.

BTW, that nausea just means teh great things r bein' accomplished.

Canadian Crippler
05-02-2005, 10:21 PM
What amuses me is how the MOTMs at my gym have been at the gym for such long time periods such as "8 years" or "over 12 years". Seriously, if you're they're even 50 yet, been working out for over a decade, and STILL look like that..... how the hell are they member of the anything?

galileo
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
05.03.2005 - Day 9'er of 28 [UD2.0]

I wanted to workout this afternoon as usual, but some ass****er called a conference call 30 minutes before I had to leave. It actually worked out for me quite well, because tonight I had the most comfortable depletion of my UD2 tenure. In 30 minutes flat I completed my entire full body workout including leg extension, leg curl, chest press, diverging row, tricep extension, and db curls. I feel great right now and I'm not the slightest bit hungry. Excellent. I'm hoping this means good things for the week...2lbs perhaps.

.diet.supplements.

Low carb die.

Supplements : ETS (4 caps AM/PM), sesathin (3x1/4ml), multi-vitamin, 200mg caffeine + 3g l-tyrosine (pre-workout), calcium carbonate (750mg AM/1500mg PM)

.workout.

This is a full body depletion workout.

leg extension : 85x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
leg curl : 80x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
chest press : 90x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
diverging row : 90x15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
tricep extension: 40x15, 15, 15, 15
db curls : 25x15:15

My arms were destroyed for some reason, so I kept the db curls to a minimum. Otherwise, all of my other motions had a significant increase in strength today! Schweeeet.