PDA

View Full Version : Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26

galileo
12-12-2006, 01:00 PM
BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!! Be afraid. Be very afraid. ;)

Good workout today. BB Rows aren't my strong point either, which is why they have to be done. What are all those fancy machines you've got listed there? I hadn't used machines in a while (feeling kinda macho about it). :p

edit: I recently briefly dated someone who had studied to be an auctioneer, so by association I feel qualified to start the bidding on Rene at $12.00. Do I hear $12.25?

$12.25 going once...

Wow, talk about a ripoff. Realize that buying him for $12 is like buying a Playstation 3 box for $1000. Sure, on the surface it's what you expected, but when you finally work your way inside you'll be disappointed to find a large, gaping hole where there should be what you paid for.

"Briefly dated" are we talking hours??

He was probably a gymnast.

One month.

Fancy.

*barfs*
That image was so perfectly painted inside my head.

I apologize, but describing it is the only way I can get it out of my head and into someone else's.

People hate you.

Good...er, yeah.

Good lookin back work. You should write a book you hatefull little man.

I plan on it. It'll be a #1 Best Seller too, because everybody is secretly as spiteful as me.

galileo
12-12-2006, 01:02 PM
December 12, 2006 - Enjoy yourselves, bitches.

This weekend wasn't wonderful, but I can't complain too much I guess. Katy came down and we hung out Friday and Saturday. We went to dinner on Saturday night and we both felt a little ill afterward. My illness persisted across Sunday to the point where I just rested on the couch all day with a headache. I didn't eat very well, but I really couldn't handle a trip to the store to get some real food.

I'm back to a fair diet now though and hopefully I'll get back in line with some real progression on the bodyfat soon.

Diet and Supplementation

Muscle milk, low-carb milk, oatmeal, turkey, pepper-jack cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and perhaps 20 other varieties of dairy product entered my stomach the hard way.

Animal Pak, AMP, NO-Xplode (best placebo ever), fish oil, and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) made my day more productive.

Workout

This has been my first workout since restarting that I've felt fully energized throughout the entire effort. I really enjoyed it.

Full Squats: 45x8, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 200x5, 200x5, 200x5 (+45)
I know I'm not squatting what the "heroes" of WBB squat, but I added 45lbs more to the bar this week and it wasn't even as difficult as my previous efforts were. With luck, I'll get back to some decent numbers this year.

Good Mornings: 135x8, 135x8
These weren't too hard. A lot of people have trouble with these, but once I read a solid description on how they're done, I was able to really get a hamstring workout and not a lower back workout. Start with a mild quarter-squat, then lean forward and push your ass back simultaneously until your spine is as close to parallel as possible. Thrust yourself up by pushing your hips forward in a humping fashion. Is nice!

Seated Calf Raise: +90x12, +140x8, +140x8 (+50)
My calves hurt a little after this. Another huge increase on my weights from last leg session.

Hamstring Curls (drop-sets): 6x8, 10x8, 12x8->10x8->8x8->6x12
I thought the "10" setting on the machine would be enough, but it wasn't. So I started with a more difficult 12, then dropped by 2 every step down to 6. If I would've went to 4, the weight of my legs would've moved the weight far more than would've been worth while, so I ended the last set with more reps than anticipated. I thought it was a little too easy really, but as I got off the machine my legs wouldn't bend. When I went into the locker room, I couldn't cross my legs to get my socks off, I had to pick each foot up by the pant leg just to position myself correctly. The shower was difficult, particularly drying my feet. Next week I will start off with 13 and work my way down in increments of 1 and perhaps I'll be done before I hit 6.

I was very satisfied with this workout. My legs seem too be as well. I have a ton of real-life work to do this afternoon, or I'd describe to you my sheer and utter hatred for my temporary apartment and the cable company. I'll save it for later, I suppose.

Mik
12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Nice squattin!

ectx
12-12-2006, 01:12 PM
die die die. all of you. die.

Anthony
12-12-2006, 01:24 PM
A week old journal and you already have more squat workouts than Renee!

I'd try to pace yourself with the squats though (the big jump), you'll squeeze more out in the long run.

JustinASU
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Your diet makes me want to vomit up an organ, salt it and eat it, just so I can get some flavor. Seriously--turkey, protein shake, oats.

Also, why bother with hammie curls after doing GMs? GMs are the king of hamstring lifts (aside from GHRs).

Pup
12-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Finally, you put some goddamn weight on the bar.

galileo
12-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Nice squattin!

Thanks. I am quite happy that I made it in the gym at all.

die die die. all of you. die.

Cute.

A week old journal and you already have more squat workouts than Renee!

I'd try to pace yourself with the squats though (the big jump), you'll squeeze more out in the long run.

I plan on pacing myself for now, but I knew when I put 135 on the bar that I had a lot more in me and just a few reps at 185 and I knew that I'd be wasting my time if I didn't go harder. From now it'll be 5-10lb jumps at best.

Your diet makes me want to vomit up an organ, salt it and eat it, just so I can get some flavor. Seriously--turkey, protein shake, oats.

Also, why bother with hammie curls after doing GMs? GMs are the king of hamstring lifts (aside from GHRs).

My diet's just fine, dude. I don't know how you cut, but if I'm going to lose fat, I need to eat clean foods.

GMs are nice, but my hamstrings have always lagged, so I thought some extra work would hurt. Particularly since the GMs crush my entire core and the hamstring curls focus on one general area. I'm hands-down a quad squatter, so the extra hamstring work is always welcome.

Finally, you put some goddamn weight on the bar.

Yeah and it took two whole weeks! How did you stand waiting so long?

Clifford Gillmore
12-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Is nice!

Everything from there on sounds like Borat talking inside of my head. I'm glad it was before the dairy products info or I'd be giggling for a week or too.

Do you plan your diet out much?

Isaac Wilkins
12-13-2006, 07:50 AM
:clap:

Chubrock
12-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Part of me wants to congratulate you on a good session, but the dominant part of me just wants to yell obscentities at you.

galileo
12-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Part of me wants to congratulate you on a good session, but the dominant part of me just wants to yell obscentities at you.

Haha, you said titties.

KevinStarke
12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Moving some better weight now

heathj
12-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Cutting is for the weak...or at least for the summer! Its time to get fat...ter.

WillKuenzel
12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Cutting is for the weak. Bulk up over 200, then cut back. Before that, eh, its just not worth it. I'll worry about cutting if I get over 260. The I'll worry about the fat.

galileo
12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Everything from there on sounds like Borat talking inside of my head. I'm glad it was before the dairy products info or I'd be giggling for a week or too.

Do you plan your diet out much?

I do, generally, plan it out pretty well. Lately, it's just "eat as healthy as possible" until the holidays end here and we no longer have to be surrounded with party food.

:clap:

Yaaaaay!

Moving some better weight now

I'm slowly getting there.

Cutting is for the weak...or at least for the summer! Its time to get fat...ter.

I'm already fat enough.

Cutting is for the weak. Bulk up over 200, then cut back. Before that, eh, its just not worth it. I'll worry about cutting if I get over 260. The I'll worry about the fat.

Says the mother****er with a permanent six pack. My next step after getting to a normal fat level is to bulk to 200. For now, I'm sucking it up and getting a little leaner before I progress.

TwiloMike
12-13-2006, 07:42 PM
I hear a workout happened in here... *checking.... checking*

Good squatting there, and the GMs look good too! I think of GM's the same way and I loathe the idea of my hamstrings being secondary in that lift. 135 is a damn good weight for it, too.

Mmmmmmm.... legs. Is niiiice. ;)

getfit
12-14-2006, 04:35 AM
i thought you might have liked this pic ;)

heathj
12-14-2006, 10:35 AM
he *might* have liked it back when he wasn't interested in men.

galileo
12-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I hear a workout happened in here... *checking.... checking*

Good squatting there, and the GMs look good too! I think of GM's the same way and I loathe the idea of my hamstrings being secondary in that lift. 135 is a damn good weight for it, too.

Mmmmmmm.... legs. Is niiiice. ;)

Yeah, the 135 was nice for not having a belt. The weight kinda rolls down my back a slight bit (keep it off my neck), which causes a lot of broken caps which show up in the form of huge red, brown, and blue bruises on my upper traps. Is nice.

i thought you might have liked this pic ;)

*drools* She's so hot. She's probably like 12 in that picture too, making me a complete pedo, but whatever.

he *might* have liked it back when he wasn't interested in men.

DIAF.

galileo
12-14-2006, 01:29 PM
December 14, 2006 - Defeating the 12 days of Christmas

I'm now cock-deep in the 12 days of Christmas here at work, where people bring in loads of nonsense which includes hefty amounts of cakes, candies, and other things that would normally sway me. I'm doing a fairly decent job of now gorging, but it almost seems like I'm on a cyclic diet. One day dedicated fully, one not-so-much, and so on. It might actually be working out for me, who knows? Die.

Diet and Supplementation

Muscle milk, low-carb milk, oatmeal, turkey, pepper-jack cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and so forth. I will get some Nitrean here shortly, then hopefully choke down some tuna and spinach before the day ends. Who knows?

Animal Pak, ephedrine + caffeine, NO-Xplode (best placebo ever), fish oil, and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) made my day more productive.

Reminds me later to tell you a little story about AMP and how never to use it 3x a day.

Workout

I decided that my last workout was a good prelude to start a lower/upper/lower/upper split like I had before. I always found tremendous gains from this style of split, so perhaps it'll serve me well now. If you can't refer to my old journal, then basically the outline goes :

Upper Body Day One [Focus Chest/Biceps]
Heavy Chest: 3x5
Auxiliary Chest: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
Moderate Back: 2x8
Moderate Triceps: 2x8
Auxiliary Biceps: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]

Lower Body Day One [Focus Quads]
Heavy Legs: 3x5
Moderate Quads: 2x8
Auxiliary Quads: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
Auxiliary Calves: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]

Upperbody Day Two [Focus Back/Triceps]
Heavy Back: 3x5
Auxiliary Back: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
Moderate Chest: 2x8
Moderate Biceps: 2x8
Auxiliary Triceps: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]

Lower Body Day Two [Focus Hams]
Heavy Legs: 3x5
Moderate Hamstrings: 2x8
Auxiliary Hamstrings: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
Moderate Traps: 2x8
Moderate Abs: 2x8

I will add some additional shoulder work if necessary, maybe some alternate ab items, or varied calf-work. The auxiliary work can be swapped for drop-sets if I am so inclined. All in all, the basic outline is pretty solid.

Onto today...

Upper Body Day One [Focus Chest/Biceps]

DB Bench: 30x5, 45x5, 60x5, 75x5, 70x5, 70x5
I tried to jump from 65s to 75s this time (+20lbs, not so good on chest motions) and it didn't work out too well. I guess I'll try again next time.

DB Flyes (30 seconds rest): 25x12, 25x12, 25x12
These burned bad, I had to stop at 3 sets. I'm not quite prepared for more just yet.

Lat Pulldown: 10x8, 11x6
The "10" setting seemed good, but I moved up anyway. I squeezed out a solid 6.

Rope Pulldown: 100x8, 110x8
110 was the perfect choice for the second set. I failed on the last rep and it was a hard, glorious ****ing rep.

DB Curls: 25x12:12, 25x12:12
The pump was incredible after this. I seek not these things, but I was painfully pumped.

I felt like I should've done more, but I'll keep it here since I'm doing closer to two upper body workouts per week now. We'll see how this goes.

ectx
12-14-2006, 02:21 PM
your strength is climbing up quickly. You didn't whine as much this time though. I kind of miss that.

oh yeah. iHate you. Merry Christmas!

Pup
12-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Nice session, what is the rationale behind the 30s break on the chest auxiliary?

KevinStarke
12-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Real solid workout nice dumbell work.

Stumprrp
12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
good workout dude

TwiloMike
12-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm now cock-deep...

Oooooo favorite new expression. Must use it in as many sentences as possible.

The workout looks good, and your split looks similar to BGB. Do you plan on consecutive days or any rest days mixed in there?

Also, Rene: is ihate a new Apple product? You're the only Apple bitch I know.

Mik
12-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Nice session, what is the rationale behind the 30s break on the chest auxiliary?

He;s trying to tone.

WillKuenzel
12-15-2006, 08:03 AM
DB Bench: 30x5, 45x5, 60x5, 75x5, 70x5, 70x5
I tried to jump from 65s to 75s this time (+20lbs, not so good on chest motions) and it didn't work out too well. I guess I'll try again next time. What about that, "didn't work out too well?" You got the 75's. Don't pussy out. The first set might be ugly. You get acclimated to the weight and your CNS adapts relatively quickly, especially with some muscle memory tossed in the equation.

MixmasterNash
12-15-2006, 11:01 AM
He;s trying to tone.

I thought it was to fit in the the junior high kids at the gym???

Shark
12-15-2006, 11:21 AM
He already fits into the same emo jeans that the jr. high kids wear, now he just wants to be more accepted

Patz
12-16-2006, 08:49 AM
OK..I'm here. Show me something..

ectx
12-16-2006, 09:07 AM
He already fits into the same emo jeans that the jr. high kids wear, now he just wants to be more accepted

Are these emo jeans the textile equivalent of an audi TT?

Shark
12-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Damnit, /pwn3d!

galileo
12-18-2006, 12:09 PM
December 18, 2006 - Finally!

I had a pretty solid weekend and a great day of working out. I will write up something better tonight, because I have a story or two to tell, but I need to post my workout and get back to work.

Diet and Supplementation

Same old, but less carbs today. I did enough damage drinking this weekend, so I'll make up for it here.

Animal Pak, ephedrine + caffeine, fish oil, and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) made my day work living.

Workout

Great workout today. The weight isn't what's important, it's the effort and how good I felt after. I don't recall ever feeling this satisfied after a workout in a long time.

Deadlift: 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x1, 315x.5
I didn't make the 315 because I didn't have chalk and my grip was not holding due to sweat. So, my back was rounding to "catch" the slipping weight, so I dropped it. No worries, first real deadlifting in a while.

DB Snatch: 40x3:3, 50x3:3, 60x3:3, 65x3:3
The first rep was from the floor, the other 2 were from a hang. I can definitely get 70s next week. These felt ****ing great.

DB Shrugs: 80x5, 85x5, 90x5, 95x5
Easy aside from the lack of chalk.

HS One Arm Push Press: 45x6:6, 55x6:6, 70x6:6
Another great exercise. Push forward then turn your body away and your shoulder out, like a boxing jab.

Leg Extension: "12"x10, "11"x6
Did this as a drop set, but got bored fast.

I feel really solid now, the sum of all of the work was very satisfying. I'm not sure how this falls into my program, but I have been reading more and more on GPP and I think this is important to incorporate. The next workout will likely include chest, since this got my legs and back fairly well.

galileo
12-18-2006, 12:15 PM
your strength is climbing up quickly. You didn't whine as much this time though. I kind of miss that.

oh yeah. iHate you. Merry Christmas!

iHate, the new product from Apple.

The CNS recovers at about 30 seconds, but muscular recovery is more like 90-120 seconds. So, the idea is to not destroy the CNS, but to fatigue the muscle a bit more than with a few normal, heavy, CNS-crushing sets. It's just for a lil extra.

Real solid workout nice dumbell work.

Thanks man.

good workout dude

Thanks stumpy.

Oooooo favorite new expression. Must use it in as many sentences as possible.

The workout looks good, and your split looks similar to BGB. Do you plan on consecutive days or any rest days mixed in there?

Also, Rene: is ihate a new Apple product? You're the only Apple bitch I know.

It's not based at all on BGB, but I'm not familiar enough to compare the two. My rest days will change based purely on feeling.

Damnit, you read my mind.

He;s trying to tone.

How come I hear you say that with a lisp?

What about that, "didn't work out too well?" You got the 75's. Don't pussy out. The first set might be ugly. You get acclimated to the weight and your CNS adapts relatively quickly, especially with some muscle memory tossed in the equation.

I'm not going to pussy out, I just knew that additional sets of 75 wouldn't be safe, since I had no spotter and I only have one face to break.

I thought it was to fit in the the junior high kids at the gym???

Only the chicks man, only the chicks.

This coming from someone as pseudo-gay as you is a real insult.

OK..I'm here. Show me something..

Rene had his balls out earlier. Good enough?

Are these emo jeans the textile equivalent of an audi TT?

PWN!!!

Damnit, /pwn3d!

You totally were!!

KevinStarke
12-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Workout looks real solid man, enjoy the db snatch addiction.

Focused70
12-18-2006, 02:44 PM
You dead more than me. Holy shiznit. :bow:

Then again, everyone does. Le sigh.

Shark
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
PWN!!!

You totally were!!

ONOZ!!!!

Chubrock
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Nice snatch there Gal.

Pup
12-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Nice work homeskillet.

TwiloMike
12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Nice snatch there Gal.

Why did this make me giggle? :angel:

Good lookin' workout, btw. Very nice deadlifting effort.

galileo
12-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Workout looks real solid man, enjoy the db snatch addiction.

My snatch addiction is strong man.

You dead more than me. Holy shiznit. :bow:

Then again, everyone does. Le sigh.

Well, I'm a freak like that.

ONOZ!!!!

SRSLY!!!!

Nice snatch there Gal.

(!)

Nice work homeskillet.

Thanks bro.

Why did this make me giggle? :angel:

Good lookin' workout, btw. Very nice deadlifting effort.

Thanks Mike. I'm going to fight my way back to some reasonable strength.

galileo
12-19-2006, 08:54 PM
December 19, 2006 - Hi to you, sore.

I'm incredibly sore in the traps, upper back, and erectors today.

Diet and Supplementation

Staying the course with a lower carb, higher protein route. On target for about 1600 calories today, but I may try to get a few hundred more in fats.

· 16oz low carb milk, 1 south beach diet bar (260, 5/21/34)
· 12oz turkey, 1.7oz pepper jack, 2g fish oil (500, 17/24/72)
· 8oz cottage cheese, 1 cup lite85 yogurt, 2g fish oil, spinach, baby carrots (280, 2/30/37)
· 12oz low carb milk, 1 serving muscle milk, 2g fish oil (460, 20/17/50)

Animal Pak, ephedrine + caffeine, fish oil, and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5), yet I still hate you.

I'm purchasing a variety of new supplements today including tyrosine, taurine, sesamin, yohimbine, more muscle milk, and a solid WPI.

KevinStarke
12-19-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm incredibly sore in the traps, upper back, and erectors today.

Good ol' dumbell snatches ;)

Diet looks really on key man, much better then mine.

Shark
12-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Your sore in your erectors. It's almost too easy...

Chubrock
12-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Muscle Milk for the win.

Pup
12-20-2006, 07:11 AM
I <3 teh muscle milk.

galileo
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Good ol' dumbell snatches ;)

Diet looks really on key man, much better then mine.

Thanks man. I'm really hoping to burn through this fat before spring.

Your sore in your erectors. It's almost too easy...

Leave it to you to think of an erection when we're discussing working out.

Muscle Milk for the win.

FTW!

I <3 teh muscle milk.

Hells yeah. I got blueberry and mint chocolate chip. Yessss.

galileo
12-20-2006, 01:49 PM
December 20, 2006 - Yeah, um...suck.

My triceps remained a bit sore from Monday, but I thought that to be better than punishing my erectors further. With that, I opted to do an upper body deal and hit squats up on Friday.

Diet and Supplementation

Too few carbs to sustain a solid workout. I've also been taking calcium carbonate in the AM and PM, which I feel has attributed to my depletion. I think tomorrow I may have a good bit of oatmeal to try to replenish glycogen. Not to the level of a refeed, however.

Animal Pak, ephedrine + caffeine, fish oil, and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5), but I still think you're an *******.

Workout

My ears were popping all morning, so I think I may have a touch of an ear infection. I went into this workout a bit overstimulated, so I wasn't very pleased. Kept it short and sweet. Well, not so much sweet. I don't feel energized after this one, I feel exhausted. I think it all goes back to diet, as I'd previously stated. Anyhow, here we go...

Bench Press: 95x5, 135x5, 155x5
Trying to get my form back down. 155 wasn't too tough, but I didn't want to ruin the DB Bench. I think my grip may be too narrow, because when I lower the bar, my elbows could touch my side, making the ROM seem a bit long. I'm not sure, I'll work on it.

DB Bench: 30x5, 75x5, 75x4
That was disappointing. I really thought I was good for the last rep, but I wasn't.

Cable Flye: 50x8:8, 70x8:8, 70x8:8
This didn't go as well as I'd hoped either. Not muscularly difficult, just so tired nothing was coming together.

BB Overhand Row: 135x8, 135x8
Just used as some active recovery. Probably not the best idea today.

DB Curls: 35x8:8
Meh.

Very ****ing tired. I'll take solace in the fact that the first workout I couldn't even budge 75s while doing some dynamic stretching. While I cut, there's no way I'll get back to previous numbers and I'm going to accept this.

KevinStarke
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Great pressing man, once your through the cut everything will shoot back up.

ectx
12-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Given how horrible you told me this workout was, I'm thoroughly dissapointed. I fully expected to come in here and insult you, instead I find continuous progress. The other common thread is that you still whine a lot. Now stfu and enjoy the fact that you're making progress. Merry Christmas! :hello:

JustinASU
12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
As long as we're posting Natalie Portman pictures...

http://dontlinkthis.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54&highlight=portman

Enjoy.

Shark
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM

Enjoy.

Glorious!!

Chubrock
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Solid pressing. How's the blueberry and mint chocolate chip Muscle Milk? I've only ever had the Vanilla, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate.

galileo
12-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Great pressing man, once your through the cut everything will shoot back up.

Thanks Kevin. I'm sure you're right, but given the nature of a weightlifter I always want to be pushing myself beyond where I've been. I have to get where I've been first, which is equally as frustrating. But I will...once I get to about 10%, I'll cleanly bulk and do a nice PL routine and bring my numbers up. I've never done anything PL related and I've got to some decent numbers in the past, so I bet it'll be successful.

Given how horrible you told me this workout was, I'm thoroughly dissapointed. I fully expected to come in here and insult you, instead I find continuous progress. The other common thread is that you still whine a lot. Now stfu and enjoy the fact that you're making progress. Merry Christmas! :hello:

Feliz Navidad, mother****er.

Enjoy.

I love her. Mmmmmm (http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1561/nataliedd4.jpg).

Glorious!!

Indeed.

Solid pressing. How's the blueberry and mint chocolate chip Muscle Milk? I've only ever had the Vanilla, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate.

Both are awesome choices. I've had Cookies n' Cream, Mocha Joe, Chocomint, Blueberry, Peach Mango, PB Chocolate, and Rocky Road. So far, my least favorite were PB Chocolate and Rocky Road, but I think I've just grown tired of the PB Chocolate.

I'm ordering some more Mocha Joe and giving Chocolate Banana Crunch a try. How are the plain vanilla and chocolate flavors?

TwiloMike
12-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey, not a bad workout, especially given your disclaimers about a possibly deadly ear infection and the somalian diet. Instead of the curls I would have jumped on a pullup bar for a set, though.

Stumprrp
12-23-2006, 04:47 PM
solid work gal

galileo
12-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey, not a bad workout, especially given your disclaimers about a possibly deadly ear infection and the somalian diet. Instead of the curls I would have jumped on a pullup bar for a set, though.

Thanks. Pullups? ****, there was no way I was prepared for that.

solid work gal

Thanks stumpy.

Chubrock
12-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Vanilla and Chocolate are both very good, though I like chocolate a bit more.

galileo
12-23-2006, 06:39 PM
December 23, 2006 - A little cold won't stop me

I wanted to workout yesterday, but we had a manager's meeting called at the last minute so I didn't. When I came home I felt so ****ty that I went right to sleep. Slept for 3 hours, then got up and ****ed around on the computer a bit more. I read a lot of new studies on fasting and fed states and came up with a few ideas I may try at some point. For now, I think I may move toward more of a carb cycle, eventhough I'm not quite 15%, I've always had tremendous success on one.

Diet and Supplementation

I had a shake when I got up, then some post-workout WPI + dextrose. Then I had some beef jerky and followed it with some turkey burgers. I'll end the night with some cottage cheese and yogurt, I believe.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3), and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) told me to kill you in your sleep.

I think the SesaGlow is making my body temperature rise because about 10 minutes after I took it I'm hot as ****.

Workout

I am still fairly sick, so this wasn't the most comfortable workout ever, but I did increase my weights enough to be satisfactory. I was so beat by the end, I have no idea why I did the cycle intervals.

squats: 45x10 (done overhead), 95x5, 135x5, 185x3, 205x5, 205x5
Upped it by 5 this time. The overhead squats sucked, because the cage was too short. The first set of 205 sucked, but the second felt strong. So, I guess I didn't warm up enough.

Good Mornings: 140x5, 150x5, 150x5
Jumped these up a bit this week and they were still simple. I am going to start video taping these so I can follow my form.

Hang Cleans: 45x12, 95x5
Just decided to give it a shot. The sets were pretty solid, but I was exhausted.

Seated Calf Raise: 90x5, 140x6
Why did I stop after one set? I was out of it I guess.

Cycle Intervals: warmup -> 15s/30s x 3
Oh wow, my endurance blows.

Soundtrack: 30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie, Circa Survive - Juturna
"Look how high I'm jumping from, you'll never make it."

Palaver

I was in line at the grocery store today and I was glancing at the magazines that litter the aisles on either side of the registers. One particular headline caught my eye as I was stared in the face by the gaze of a little boy with a brown emo haircut that was depicted on the cover. "Nicole Richie's Secret Drug Problems" read the tabloid, with pride to be the first to reveal such a clandestine fact. So now, the 3 people who didn't know that the ex-fatty who now rocks the body of a 75 year old man who just so happens to hang around with Paris Hilton had a mother****ing coke problem are standing in a Wal*Mart somewhere in middle-America with the Desitin and Depends they were previously holding scattered at their feet. I'm so ****ing sick of seeing the following five ****ing names NICOLE RICHIE, PARIS HILTON, BRAD PITT, ANGELINA JOLIE, and JENNIFER ANISTON. It just so happens that those names are an anagram for "Neat, necrophilic jailbat hero deploring initials; fine in torn jeans." Coincidence? I think the **** not.

TwiloMike
12-23-2006, 06:57 PM
squats: 45x10 (done overhead),
Upped it by 5 this time. The overhead squats sucked, because the cage was too short.

Illustration: :strong: BANG! :strong: BANG! :mad: :strong: BANG :mad: :mad: :strong: BANG! :mad: :mad: :mad: ...... :strong: BANG! :bang:

Pup
12-24-2006, 07:30 AM
That palaver brought a tear to my eye...i <3 HAET!

Franco
12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3), and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) told me to kill you in your sleep.

Bring it on Xian!

Palaver

I was in line at the grocery store today and I was glancing at the magazines that litter the aisles on either side of the registers. One particular headline caught my eye as I was stared in the face by the gaze of a little boy with a brown emo haircut that was depicted on the cover. "Nicole Richie's Secret Drug Problems" read the tabloid, with pride to be the first to reveal such a clandestine fact. So now, the 3 people who didn't know that the ex-fatty who now rocks the body of a 75 year old man who just so happens to hang around with Paris Hilton had a mother****ing coke problem are standing in a Wal*Mart somewhere in middle-America with the Desitin and Depends they were previously holding scattered at their feet. I'm so ****ing sick of seeing the following five ****ing names NICOLE RICHIE, PARIS HILTON, BRAD PITT, ANGELINA JOLIE, and JENNIFER ANISTON. It just so happens that those names are an anagram for "Neat, necrophilic jailbat hero deploring initials; fine in torn jeans." Coincidence? I think the **** not.

Do you actually care about such a concept which is so farcical and banal?!

Chubrock
12-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Nice squatting and GMs man.

Stumprrp
12-24-2006, 11:50 AM
nice lifting

Shark
12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Eh, hurry up and ditch your beaver so we can hear some good stories.

KevinStarke
12-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Squats, goodmornings, and hang cleans.. looks good to me man strong workout.

galileo
12-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Bring it on Xian!

Do you actually care about such a concept which is so farcical and banal?!

Wow, it's nice to see you around Franco. It's been ages! I hope everything's going well for you.

Nice squatting and GMs man.

Thanks Chubby.

nice lifting

Same to you, stumpy.

Eh, hurry up and ditch your beaver so we can hear some good stories.

Ha! I can't...especially when I can CAB.

Squats, goodmornings, and hang cleans.. looks good to me man strong workout.

Thanks Kev, I'm just happy to be getting some solid work in.

galileo
12-26-2006, 02:58 PM
December 26, 2006 - Happy Holiday goodness

All in all an uneventful holiday. I can't say I've had one of those in a long time. The girlfriend and I exchanged presents on Christmas Eve and she was thrilled with everything I got her (Thanks to Russow and Rene, my two "may as well be homo" friends). I ended up giving her a creme brulee torch and recipe book, some ramekins, an iPod shuffle (pre-loaded with songs that would remind her of me), 3 DVD sets, and a Tiffany's necklace. She got me some Nautica Gloves, 5 bags of coffee, Starbucks ceramic mugs, a ceramic decorative bowl for the house, some cashmere scarves, and a Movado watch (http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000E39SOM.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg). I love this ****ing watch! Hell, everything she got me was great. The next morning we moved on to her parents' house, where we exchanged some gifts. I got her mom a crystal hermit crab (she collects the ****) and her dad 3 Chinese movies (shut the **** up). Her parents gave me $200. I certainly wasn't expecting that. I guess when you're rich like they are, you can afford it, ha. For dinner they made prime rib, shrimp, scallops, sweet potatoes, broccoli, corn, and stuffing. I ate like it was my job and loaded up on some sesamin to hopefully fix the damage (Note: Weighed in this morning at a cool 190). Had a little cheesecake for dessert then we moved on to my parents' house. We'd already decided not to do Christmas this year because everyone was overextended due to the goings-on this year, but they got me a few little things and we went out to eat. I had some cheese sticks, because I frankly couldn't eat any more. Went back to their place and talked for a bit, then drove home. All in all pretty great.

Diet and Supplementation

I haven't eaten very much yet today, but I'm sure yesterday took care of that. Some protein and a little dextrose. I'll pack in a little more later.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3x) and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) wondered if nucleation could explain why alka-seltzer kills seagulls.

Workout

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Indeed.

DB Snatch (r:l): 35x3:3, 50x3:3, 70x1:1, 75x1:1, 80x1:0
I was going to try the left side again on the 80s, but I opted not to risk it. My form is improving, so I don't see any problem in moving these up again next time. I could've probably done more than 1 on the right side, but I don't want to promote an imbalance.

HS Jammer: 45x8:8, 70x5:5, 80x5:5 (+10)
This is what it looks like (http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/resources/category/1/1/5/9/images/thumb.HAMMERSTRENGTH-Jammer1.jpg). I'm, using it to do shoulder/tricep jammers, which emulate a jab motion. I like these a lot.

Standing DB Press: 40x5:5
My shoulders were crushed at this point, so these weren't happening. After all of the other motions, there was really no point.

DB Shrugs: 95x8:8, 100x8:8
The max dumbbells in the gym are 100s, which sucks for me. I'll have to dick around with the barbell next time. My grip strength was much higher this time!

Hang Clean and Press: 45x8, 95x5, 115x5
These were great. I know I did hang cleans last time, but I thought a nice hang clean and press would be something good to try. My traps and shoulders are fried. If I'd done these closer to the beginning of the workout, I would've been able to work up to 135, I think. But seeing as my standing db presses were even hard (40s...pssh), then this was just an exercise in form manipulation.

Muscle Up: 0
See below.

So, I walk to the gym to get some water from the fountain and decide to walk over to what I assume to be the "ab area" where I always see people doing crunches. As I got closer, I noticed something...pullup bars? They had not only fixed, but swinging pullup bars! What else? Real dip bars, a heavy bag, balance boards, bands, swiss balls, medicine balls, sleds, and a number of other GPP items. I was so excited that I tried a muscle up on one of the fixed pullup bars. Not happening! I got up over the bar but couldn't get my arms in a favorable position to do the dip portion. I was fairly fried anyhow, but I now can add a lot of other crap to my workouts that I never had before. Why didn't anyone ****ing tell me about this ****?

Hope all you ****ers got what you wanted for Christmas. I feel great to be back in the gym again, so my Christmas was pretty good regardless.

KevinStarke
12-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Real strong workout man congrats on the PR's especially the db snatch PR. Did you wear one of your decorative scarves during your workout?

Pup
12-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Nice work Christian...the "GPP" room sounds exciting, i'm jealous.

galileo
12-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Real strong workout man congrats on the PR's especially the db snatch PR. Did you wear one of your decorative scarves during your workout?

Hey, I'll warm my throat with a scarf and you can warm yours with Rob's cock.

Nice work Christian...the "GPP" room sounds exciting, i'm jealous.

Hi Rob. Thanks!

Beast
12-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Nice snatch.....ing.

You and your gf really went all out!

Chubrock
12-27-2006, 06:30 AM
So what'd your gf get me?

Franco
12-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Wow, it's nice to see you around Franco. It's been ages! I hope everything's going well for you.

I still read the forums virtually everyday, I just choose not to post amid the pre-pubescent kids that have flocked to the site. I really just move threads and ban people, it's very constructive lol!

It's good to see you back into the groove of things, especially back in training after the crap you went through.

Shark
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
So I starter my diet yesterday! I clocked in at 226 and i'm guessing 20% or so, pretty standard for me. I'm still using your journal for updates because I really don't feel like starting my own. Clean food, all sorts of supps and ****, it's going to be fun!

galileo
12-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Nice snatch.....ing.

You and your gf really went all out!

I love snatch.

Anyhow, yeah we did. I let her set the limit and she'd said $250-300. So, to be safe I went to the upper end at hit $300. Then, based on a few off comments I figured out that she blew the limit. She'd said what she got me I'd really, really like (I'd been eyeing up this watch forever), so I was pretty sure of what it was. So, I went to Sharkeez and asked him for advice, since he thinks like a bitch. The Tiffany's necklace was it! Put me in the right range and she loved it.

So what'd your gf get me?

Weightgainer.

I still read the forums virtually everyday, I just choose not to post amid the pre-pubescent kids that have flocked to the site. I really just move threads and ban people, it's very constructive lol!

It's good to see you back into the groove of things, especially back in training after the crap you went through.

Nice. I don't even see you post in the mod section, so I just assumed you'd disappeared. Do you still use AIM? I used to see you on there from time to time, but I've not in ages. PM me if so.

Thanks man. It's been a rough...5 years or so, but this past year the good finally outweighed the bad. I'm looking forward to 2007 being better yet.

So I starter my diet yesterday! I clocked in at 226 and i'm guessing 20% or so, pretty standard for me. I'm still using your journal for updates because I really don't feel like starting my own. Clean food, all sorts of supps and ****, it's going to be fun!

Great! The more the merrier. Shall I change the title so people know?

Shark
12-27-2006, 11:16 AM
sure! Don't be mean though, i'm sick.

Shark
12-27-2006, 11:17 AM
How about something gay with C & C like, "Command & Conquer, beaver that is."

take that idea and run with it

ectx
12-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I love snatch.

My friend's wife named her cat "Snatch"...you can imagine how bad it got when the woman lost her cat and kept on looking for it in the streets of her neighborhood..."here, Snatch...where's my Snatch? has anybody seen my Snatch?"

moral of the story? don't give your pets names that can be confused with genitalia.

Shark
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Just had an awesome workout! Low calories and huge weight = feel like death but really happy!

Pushed up the 90's on flat db bench (That's douche bag bench for teh stupids) for a few sets. Considering i'm running on maybe 500 calories for the day so far i'm pretty pleased.

galileo
12-27-2006, 01:54 PM
sure! Don't be mean though, i'm sick.

You have some sort of cough? ;)

How about something gay with C & C like, "Command & Conquer, beaver that is."

take that idea and run with it

Yeah...

My friend's wife named her cat "Snatch"...you can imagine how bad it got when the woman lost her cat and kept on looking for it in the streets of her neighborhood..."here, Snatch...where's my Snatch? has anybody seen my Snatch?"

moral of the story? don't give your pets names that can be confused with genitalia.

Good story.

Just had an awesome workout! Low calories and huge weight = feel like death but really happy!

Pushed up the 90's on flat db bench (That's douche bag bench for teh stupids) for a few sets. Considering i'm running on maybe 500 calories for the day so far i'm pretty pleased.

Grats!

galileo
12-27-2006, 02:00 PM
I just got word that I got a double-promotion at work, up to the level that most of the other people functioning as Program Managers are here. I'm very ****ing happy!!

Isaac Wilkins
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Congrats, mang!

Mik
12-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Awesome. Nice work Xian.

Pup
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
About time they recognize your awesomeness.

galileo
12-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Congrats, mang!

Awesome. Nice work Xian.

About time they recognize your awesomeness.

Thanks guys. I'm way ahead of the curve now, so I am in a solid position to become an executive someday. Scary, huh?

Chubrock
12-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Weightgainer...touche. What's your AIM gal?

Relentless
12-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys. I'm way ahead of the curve now, so I am in a solid position to become an executive someday. Scary, huh?

Congratulations.
A word of advice: Once you're there, if you have the choice between bonus cash and bonus equity/options, always take the equity unless there is something seriously wrong with the company. :)

Stumprrp
12-28-2006, 08:08 AM
yo Holy sent me your calculator, good **** homes

ectx
12-28-2006, 08:37 AM

What did the Mexican gangstah say to the 2 houses that fell on top of him?

"GET OFF OF ME HOMES!"

thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Pup
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM

"GET OFF OF ME HOMES!"

Unless we call INS.

Chubrock
12-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Ouch.

Shark
12-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Onoz!

ectx
12-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Unless we call INS.

Biyotch, I was born in east LA, ese!

galileo
12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Weightgainer...touche. What's your AIM gal?

I rock. PM'd.

Congratulations.
A word of advice: Once you're there, if you have the choice between bonus cash and bonus equity/options, always take the equity unless there is something seriously wrong with the company. :)

Solid advice. Happily, our options are much better at this level, so good news all around.

Thanks man. It comes in handy for estimating.

"GET OFF OF ME HOMES!"

Unless we call INS.

Ouch.

Onoz!

Biyotch, I was born in east LA, ese!

lolz0rskatez.

galileo
12-28-2006, 01:37 PM
December 28, 2006 - Walking Corpse (Day -4 of 45)

I have a feeling today is going to be the hardest day I've had in...well, at least a few weeks. Since the holiday had me awake every night until 3:00am or so, I was absolutely unable to fall asleep last night. I took some ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5), which generally helps, but it did nothing to touch my insomnia. I ended up doing the "time travel" sleep, where everytime I roll over I jumped forward in time an hour, but don't feel like I fell asleep at all. So I tread my way into the land of significant caloric deficit, without any real sleep, and approaching cardio and meetings. So, this won't be the most entertaining update, **** off.

So, I have a reason to get reasonably lean in 45 days. I assume my efforts up to NYE will be a wash, so today is day -4 of my diet, although I am going to follow it as best I can until then.

Diet and Supplementation

Today's diet looks like :

· nitrean, 1 tsp psyllium
· nitrean, spinach and a few baby carrots, 2 foc, 1 sesamin
· tuna, spinach, 2 foc, 1 sesamin
· 6oz grilled chicken tenderloins, mixed greens salad + 1 tbsp south beach diet ranch, 2 foc, 1 sesamin
· cottage cheese + cinammon + splenda, 2 foc, 1 sesamin

~1200 kcals, 18g fat, 42g carbs [20+ fiber], 251g protein

· Animal Pak
· 25mg ephedrine + 200mg caffeine (3x)
· 500mg calcium carbonate (AM) / 1g calcium carbonate (PM)
· 200mg caffeine + 2.5g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout)
· 800iu Vitamin E
· 6g high-potency fish oil
· SesaGlow (3x)
· ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5)

When I go for my Sam's Club membership tonight, I'm totally buying some nicotine gum to assist with hunger. If anyone's tried it, is 1mg enough to start? I was thinking of getting the 4mg and breaking it into four pieces.

Workout

Some long, moderate cardio for 45 minutes.

I did my best to intently focus on random things and try to lose myself in thought. No such luck on this day. It didn't take but a few minutes for my calves and regional tendons to let me know that they weren't thrilled with the idea of cardio. Luckily, there was a girl on the stairmaster directly across from me (with full Bs) who was doing a very high intensity workout (think: naked jumprope). Her face was maybe a 5/10, but it was resting upon a 8/10 body. At about 27 minutes in, she decided to use her shirt to wipe the sweat from her brow, which I appreciated. Coincidentally, that coincided perfectly with a second wind. She left and a much better looking brunette arrived (Cs yes!) and started stretching by treadmill to the left of me. She opted for a looser fit to her sports bra (maybe it was a bathing suit top?), which reminded me fondly of Baywatch. Again, I caught another wind and was pushing along at a moderate clip (3.8) on the incline (8°).

At 45 minutes, I began a 2 minute cool-down. The treadmill said I burned ~400 calories, but I'm not sure how accurate that really is.

So, what have I learned? Looking at boobies makes cardio easier. My legs are tingly.

Sountrack : Stone Temple Pilots - Core
"Please think for me, I can't bare to."

Unholy
12-28-2006, 03:52 PM
How much do you get your Ephedrine for? Its 20 bucks around here for a 24 pack of vasopro!

KevinStarke
12-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Really watching your diet huh man, takes dedication im impressed.

Beast
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
What kind of a scary diet is this?

galileo
12-28-2006, 07:10 PM
How much do you get your Ephedrine for? Its 20 bucks around here for a 24 pack of vasopro!

I just have some left over from before. I may switch to something else for a while and go back before I burn out the rest of my supply. Unfortunately, thanks to the ******* meth-head bitches, we now pay premier pricing for a supplement that used to cost $6 for 90.

Really watching your diet huh man, takes dedication im impressed.

I almost have to man. I need to get those pounds o' fat off.

What kind of a scary diet is this?

Just a PSMF with refeeds here and there.

getfit
12-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Have a great New Year Christian :)

Built
12-29-2006, 01:47 PM

Yes, I can see how this is MUCH better than "Pussy"...
;)

Gal - YES, I bowed to your whining and read this whole thing, nice to see that you're following the basic premise of the lifting split I wrote two years ago, pity you didn't read it then, you could have achieved so much ... and nice cleans - I think it's really nice that you're finally tossing around a little more than I do with my bum shoulder.

;)

Props on the promotion. You look like you're in a good place between home, work and life to make some good progress on the old bod' this year.

Oh, and your one and only pic looks GOOD - your waist looks TINY!

galileo
12-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes, I can see how this is MUCH better than "Pussy"...
;)

Rene hates pussy.

Gal - YES, I bowed to your whining and read this whole thing, nice to see that you're following the basic premise of the lifting split I wrote two years ago, pity you didn't read it then, you could have achieved so much ... and nice cleans - I think it's really nice that you're finally tossing around a little more than I do with my bum shoulder.

Not to burst your bubble sweetie, but the program was written by PowerManDL closer to 3 years ago, which is when I first adopted it and made my own "customizations." :)

Props on the promotion. You look like you're in a good place between home, work and life to make some good progress on the old bod' this year.

Oh, and your one and only pic looks GOOD - your waist looks TINY!

My waist is no longer tiny. Take that for what it is.

Organichu
12-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Rene hates pussy.

Not to burst your bubble sweetie, but the program was written by PowerManDL closer to 3 years ago, which is when I first adopted it and made my own "customizations." :)

My waist is no longer tiny. Take that for what it is.

Congrats. on the upward movement, man.:)

Built
12-29-2006, 03:37 PM
See, HIS needed to be customized!

;)

Lemme know when your max kickback improves. I know it's long been a goal of yours.

TwiloMike
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm back and I see that everything in hunky dor... Oh whatever. Congrats on the promotion!!! Awesome Movado watch: welcome to the Movado club, bub!

Nice workouts you put in- the snatches look good despite the name.

TTT
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Happy New Year, angry little man!

Shark
01-02-2007, 02:08 PM
SO i had an interesting first week of dieting. I got a lot of stuff figured out about what I will be eating etc. I also got food poisoning, got sick, and had maybe the worst 5 days ever. It was bad. Anyway, I am up a couple pounds (water weight i think) from all the throwing up such. When I settle i think I will be down a few. My diet on weekdays will be something like:

meal 1 8am: 6 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal
meal 2 10am: shake or beef jerky
meal 3 Noon: hamburger and ketchup no bun
meal 4 3pm: shake, possibly with oatmeal
meal 5 6pm(post workout): chicken and vegetables
meal 6 8-9pm: shake possibly with peanut butter

Weekends I have not figured out yet. Workout plan to follow. I'm going to hit some chest today... should be sweet.

galileo
01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Congrats. on the upward movement, man.:)

Thank ya, chewie.

See, HIS needed to be customized!

;)

Lemme know when your max kickback improves. I know it's long been a goal of yours.

I think Marianne's Alzheimer's is finally kicking in...no one move and she'll think she's alone.

I'm back and I see that everything in hunky dor... Oh whatever. Congrats on the promotion!!! Awesome Movado watch: welcome to the Movado club, bub!

Nice workouts you put in- the snatches look good despite the name.

The Movado club is niiice. Thanks Mike. I <3 snatch.

Happy New Year, angry little man!

It's hard to be called little by a guy who is 6'5 and nearly my weight.

SO i had an interesting first week of dieting. I got a lot of stuff figured out about what I will be eating etc. I also got food poisoning, got sick, and had maybe the worst 5 days ever. It was bad. Anyway, I am up a couple pounds (water weight i think) from all the throwing up such. When I settle i think I will be down a few. My diet on weekdays will be something like:

meal 1 8am: 6 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal
meal 2 10am: shake or beef jerky
meal 3 Noon: hamburger and ketchup no bun
meal 4 3pm: shake, possibly with oatmeal
meal 5 6pm(post workout): chicken and vegetables
meal 6 8-9pm: shake possibly with peanut butter

Weekends I have not figured out yet. Workout plan to follow. I'm going to hit some chest today... should be sweet.

Congrats!

Chubrock
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
So you respond to the posts but don't workout. That's never going to do.

Unholy
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
^ I agree......SLACKER

Stumprrp
01-02-2007, 03:38 PM
solid diet gal

Unreal
01-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Movados are nice. I had one but got rid of it. I'm more of a Tag or Omega fan.

galileo
01-02-2007, 03:58 PM
January 2, 2007 - It's definitely 2007.

On Friday night I had a nice ribeye steak and some green beans. The canned green beans suck, does anyone know how to correct this ****? Anyhow, earlier I'd run to the house and picked up some supplements. I must have grabbed the wrong bottle of zinc, because this one (as I later discovered) had expired on February 2005. Well, post-meal I had some sesamin, fish oil, taurine, and zinc. It took all of two minutes for my stomach to begin to churn. I drank down a ton of water, but it wasn't enough to settle it and I ended up puking a good 3-4 times. In my melee of regurgitation, I must've thrown out my temporary bridge and flushed it into the deep, dark bowels of the Morgantown Sewage System.

I was pissed and anxious, but I finally fell asleep. The next day I spent calling my dentist, over and over and over. Nothing. I figured they were out for the holiday, but since they had my impressions I assume that it is the fastest route to replacing my dental work. What sucked was now I had to go out with my friends on New Year's Eve looking like a mother****ing man-o-lantern. I digress...

This morning finally came and I called at 8am on the nose to try to secure an appointment to have it replaced. No one there. The answering service clearly says they're open between the hours of 8am and 7pm, but apparently that's a joke. 9am, nothing. 10am, nothing. Finally at noon I get a real person! Yesssssssssssssssss. She asks if I can come in on Thursday and I respond with a series of questions. The most important being, "Will I be getting my tooth replace that day?" The answer and obvious reason for my palaver, "No." Apparently, they feel that in order to replace the same exact ****ing appliance that I had on Friday, they need to do a whole new series of impressions. I argued back that I just wanted exactly what I had. "Your mouth may have changed." I respond with a proud, "No it hasn't." She responds in a voice that reminded me of Pee Wee Herman, "You don't know that!" So, I started getting angry. I hung up before I could scream, gathered myself and called back. I requested that a dentist call me back and the girl said that they're very busy and couldn't possibly be bothered to call me. What kind of dentist office is this where a patient can't even speak with a human with at least some credentials? I fought back, reiterating my earlier point about the necessity of my replacement. I mean, I can't go to work and interact with people like this and I have some degree of fear that my teeth may shift without the proper gaps filled. She again argued with me that they will NOT use my impressions on file and that I can NOT just get a straight replacement, well knowing that this means TWO office visits to a dentist who is an hour away. **** 'em.

So, I called a local dentist who set me up an appointment for tomorrow morning and will not provide additional delay for the replacement. **** these "chain" dentists and their lack of professionalism. I'll take my money elsewhere.

So, all of this ****ing hassle and headache over zinc. A stupid ****ing pill. There is some life-lesson buried deep within this scenario, but I'm honestly not sure what that may be right now. ****.

Diet and Supplementation

PSMF (AM) + Refeed (PM)

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2.5g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3x), 1mg nicotine (2x) and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) have ill intent and doesn't care if you know it.

Workout

I worked out. So die, chubby. You too, idea thief.

DB Snatch (r:l): 45x3:3, 65x1:1, 75x3:3, 85x1:0
The left side was much smoother on the 75s, but the 85 wasn't happening on the left side. There was a guy in front of me half squatting in the 225-300 range between my sets (odd setup, platform is in front of the rack). After my 85 he asked, "Is that called a snatch?" I nodded and went about my business. I wanted so badly to inform him that his depth was very shallow on the squats, but he's another guy who is bigger than be and got there doing things like that, so I resisted.

Hang Clean: 45x8, 115x3, 135x3, 145x3
I did one press with the 135 at the end, which was comfortable. The 145 wasn't easy and I feel I need to work on my form with the lower weights to get the explosiveness I need to perform it properly.

Good Mornings: 115x8, 145x5, 5
I was hoping this would help with my lower back for some mild active recovery. The 145 really felt easy and a few contractions might do me some good.

Brief workout, but intense. I did a set of dips, then realized that I wanted to do chest on thursday, so I should just hold off on that for a bit. I feel good right now, so I'm going to do some work and chill a bit. Oat+prot tonight.

Built
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I think Marianne's Alzheimer's is finally kicking in...no one move and she'll think she's alone.

I'd be offended, if I could remember who you are.

*goes back to playing bingo*

Unholy
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I love you Xian

Unreal
01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Greenbeans+olive oil+garlic+salt+pepper=good.

TwiloMike
01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
This morning finally came and I called at 8am on the nose to try to secure an appointment to have it replaced. No one there. The answering service clearly says they're open between the hours of 8am and 7pm, but apparently that's a joke. 9am, nothing. 10am, nothing. Finally at noon I get a real person! Yesssssssssssssssss. She asks if I can come in on Thursday and I respond with a series of questions. The most important being, "Will I be getting my tooth replace that day?" The answer and obvious reason for my palaver, "No." Apparently, they feel that in order to replace the same exact ****ing appliance that I had on Friday, they need to do a whole new series of impressions. I argued back that I just wanted exactly what I had. "Your mouth may have changed." I respond with a proud, "No it hasn't." She responds in a voice that reminded me of Pee Wee Herman, "You don't know that!" So, I started getting angry. I hung up before I could scream, gathered myself and called back. I requested that a dentist call me back and the girl said that they're very busy and couldn't possibly be bothered to call me. What kind of dentist office is this where a patient can't even speak with a human with at least some credentials? I fought back, reiterating my earlier point about the necessity of my replacement. I mean, I can't go to work and interact with people like this and I have some degree of fear that my teeth may shift without the proper gaps filled. She again argued with me that they will NOT use my impressions on file and that I can NOT just get a straight replacement, well knowing that this means TWO office visits to a dentist who is an hour away. **** 'em.
Blah blah blah there's a word for people like that, and I prefer the Russian version because it can be said with extreme amounts of venomous inflection.

So, I called a local dentist who set me up an appointment for tomorrow morning and will not provide additional delay for the replacement. **** these "chain" dentists and their lack of professionalism. I'll take my money elsewhere.
Right on! I usually end calls like with the above [insert Russian work for "people like that"] with, "I'm taking my money elsewhere".

So, all of this ****ing hassle and headache over zinc. A stupid ****ing pill. There is some life-lesson buried deep within this scenario, but I'm honestly not sure what that may be right now. ****.
There really isn't. Don't worry.

Now, onto the important stuff:

(r:l)
WTF? Why isn't it (l:r)?

Good Mornings: ...The 145 really felt easy...
Die.

Hatred
01-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Um. You two are sharing a journal now?

galileo
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Movados are nice. I had one but got rid of it. I'm more of a Tag or Omega fan.

I love mine man. I've seen a few TAGs that were very "busy" and the Omegas that I like are well over $2k, which is not where I'm looking to be in the watch department right now.

solid diet gal

Thanks stumper.

I'd be offended, if I could remember who you are.

*goes back to playing bingo*

At least you don't let strangers get to you.

I love you Xian

I know you do.

Greenbeans+olive oil+garlic+salt+pepper=good.

From a can? Fresh, yes...but in the can I'm afraid that's not enough.

Blah blah blah there's a word for people like that, and I prefer the Russian version because it can be said with extreme amounts of venomous inflection.

Right on! I usually end calls like with the above [insert Russian work for "people like that"] with, "I'm taking my money elsewhere".

There really isn't. Don't worry.

Now, onto the important stuff:

WTF? Why isn't it (l:r)?

Die.

Um...nonsense and...I do the right side first. /fin

Um. You two are sharing a journal now?

He's lazy, so I'm not going to spoil his fun.

TwiloMike
01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Um...nonsense and...I do the right side first. /fin

Is your right side your weak side?

Mik
01-03-2007, 07:48 AM

Yes. And his left side too.

Unreal
01-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Yes from a can. That or I mix them in with stir fry. Bunch of chicken, other veggies, and a can of green beans dumped in. Maybe you can find a hot kinky stripper and eat them off her. That always helps make stuff taste better.

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Nice workout. Now if you would just quit being so nice around here and go back to being your cynical self, things might return to normal. You've already taken some good steps today, but I need to see increased effort.

galileo
01-03-2007, 08:40 AM

They both are.

Yes. And his left side too.

I win!

Yes from a can. That or I mix them in with stir fry. Bunch of chicken, other veggies, and a can of green beans dumped in. Maybe you can find a hot kinky stripper and eat them off her. That always helps make stuff taste better.

I'll totally give it a shot. I have some fresh garlic here and I'll be doing some stir-fryin tonight. My girlfriend has the "hot" and "kinky" parts down, but unfortunately she's not a stripper. I'll see if 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 08:41 AM
You skipped my post you *******. Not sure if this was planned, but good job.

galileo
01-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Nice workout. Now if you would just quit being so nice around here and go back to being your cynical self, things might return to normal. You've already taken some good steps today, but I need to see increased effort.

You skipped my post you *******. Not sure if this was planned, but good job.

Sorry little guy, didn't see you down there.

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
I may be smaller, but I'm stronger....

galileo
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Right, compared to me training for the last 3 weeks. We can always compare my numbers from when I was training regularly. Do you bench 315 yet? How about close-grip 275?

Give me a few months, you westside-loving mouse-vagina.

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 09:09 AM
That's back when you were like 200lbs vanilla face. I'll give you some time to get back to where you were, but if we're going to compare numbers, I'll have to bulk up, though that would just reduce any chance you have of keeping up with me to nil.

galileo
01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
The sad thing is our LBM is probably close enough to be comparable.

For the record, at my peak strength I was in the neighborhood of 178.

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Haha it's all good man. I'll put on 25lbs and see where I get.

Unreal
01-03-2007, 09:44 AM
All girls are strippers deep down inside. Just some don't use it to make money. Well, they all do, just not in a direct way.

TwiloMike
01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
gal vs. chub + mud? oil? g-strings? This could be a fight to remember! :whip:

galileo
01-03-2007, 10:05 AM
All girls are strippers deep down inside. Just some don't use it to make money. Well, they all do, just not in a direct way.

To be more specific, all girls are prostitutes. But the ones you settle down with take credit cards.

gal vs. chub + mud? oil? g-strings? This could be a fight to remember! :whip:

Between you and stash, I don't know who fags up my threads more.

Shark
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Me??

galileo
01-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Me??

You are not Stash. SobaAddict69withDudes is Stash.

Beast
01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
What happened to your tooth?

I'm going through kind of the same thing... got my front tooth punched out (illegal hit) in TaeKwonDon't 10 years ago. Had a bridge placed with the intent of getting an implant fairly soon... I never wanted to get the implant because the bridge looked good, and I'm lazy. Here I am 10 years later and I finally decide to do the implant, only the gum/bone underneath the bridge has receded so I had to get a bone graft first. I have a removable flipper now (always fun) and will get an implant in February/March. I can't wait.

There are better dentists out there, too. My periodontist gave me his ****ing cell phone and home numbers... it all depends on the dentist's business skills. Of course, he also charges out the wazoo.

Hatred
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
"Vanilla face"? God I miss this place.
Fortunately I am now bathed in the sickly glow of a computer monitor for a living so I can glean all kinds of new insults.

TwiloMike
01-03-2007, 11:05 AM
I do by shear volume.

edit: And you love it. :evillaugh

TwiloMike
01-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Ask Sharkeez to show you his bite marks. ;)

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 02:16 PM
"Vanilla face"?

Quick reference to Borat's description of a white boy.

Shark
01-03-2007, 02:19 PM
You are not Stash. SobaAddict69withDudes is Stash.

Sometimes I think you might actually be ******ed.

Chubrock
01-03-2007, 03:41 PM
There was any belief that he wasn't ******ed?

galileo
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM

I'm going through kind of the same thing... got my front tooth punched out (illegal hit) in TaeKwonDon't 10 years ago. Had a bridge placed with the intent of getting an implant fairly soon... I never wanted to get the implant because the bridge looked good, and I'm lazy. Here I am 10 years later and I finally decide to do the implant, only the gum/bone underneath the bridge has receded so I had to get a bone graft first. I have a removable flipper now (always fun) and will get an implant in February/March. I can't wait.

There are better dentists out there, too. My periodontist gave me his ****ing cell phone and home numbers... it all depends on the dentist's business skills. Of course, he also charges out the wazoo.

I had a dentist with alzheimer's as a child. Long story short I ended up with an abscess that degraded the bone in the area. I have a flipper coming in Friday. I'm getting orthodontics to close the gap where the implant is going, because they want both sides to be even. Yay me...Anyhow, this year I'll be in braces and towards the end comes the implant.

I got a better dentist, went there this morning. Very friendly and very helpful.

"Vanilla face"? God I miss this place.
Fortunately I am now bathed in the sickly glow of a computer monitor for a living so I can glean all kinds of new insults.

By this place you mean my journal.

I do by shear volume.

edit: And you love it. :evillaugh

Meh.

Ask Sharkeez to show you his bite marks. ;)

You're on a roll with 'em today, eh?

Quick reference to Borat's description of a white boy.

Is nice!

Sometimes I think you might actually be ******ed.

It could've been taken both ways. You know, just like you.

There was any belief that he wasn't ******ed?

Die in a fire.

Pup
01-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Glorious glorious HAET

Unholy
01-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Xian is a hAet machine

galileo
01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Glorious glorious HAET

Xian is a hAet machine

hAet is a by-product of a lower calorie diet. I would recommend it to anyone.

galileo
01-03-2007, 05:42 PM
January 3, 2007 - Quick Update

I hate my neighbors.

Moving on - when I began this venture (back to the gym) I took measurements using my calipers and scale. The untrained me was sitting at :

Weight : 180.5 lbs
Bodyfat: 19.54% (Pecs: 14mm, Abs: 24mm, Quads: 29mm)

Here we are about five weeks in and the new stats are:

Weight : 185 lbs
Bodyfat: 13.43% (Pecs: 10mm, Abs: 14mm, Quads: 21mm)

According to my roughest of estimates, we're looking at a difference of +15lbs lbm and -10.5lbs fat. Some of this is obviously glycogen moving back into my muscles, but my fat has been going down with little body weight movement ever since. 2lbs a week is great considering how sketchy my diet was over the holidays.

My measurements at the start were :

Shoulders: 49"
Chest: 43.5"
Waist (Umbilicus): 37.5"
Hips: 37"
Legs: 23.5"
Calves: 15"
Forearms: 12.25"
Biceps: 15.5"

This evening, fairly depleted, they are:

Shoulders: 51.5" (+2)
Chest: 44.5" (+1)
Waist (Umbilicus): 35" (-2.5)
Hips: 35" (-2)
Legs: 25.5" (+2)
Calves: 15" (+0)
Forearms: 12.5" (+0.5)
Biceps: 15.5" (+0)

Low cals + refeeds = galileo.

That's it for now.

Shark
01-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I was in the gym the other day and heard a dude talking about "keto rage." kind of like roid range but as a biproduct of low carb diets. it was amazing... his ignorance was blinding.

TwiloMike
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
You're on a roll with 'em today, eh?
It happens. :) Imagine you're in Russia: take it while you can get it.

TwiloMike
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
In order to not become a target of gal's hAet:

I approve. At least an inch gained in all the important measurements! ;) Great job gal!

Shark
01-04-2007, 11:28 AM
So I took measurments too becasue I wanted to be like you. I'm up 5 pounds and down an inch in my waist!

TwiloMike
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM
So I took measurments too becasue I wanted to be like you. I'm up 5 pounds and down an inch in my waste!

Waist. ;)

Unholy
01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Werd I didnt know it was physically possible to gain 15lbs of LBM in 5 weeks and lose 10lbs of fat simultaneously.

Give me your secrets/genes

Isaac Wilkins
01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Muscle memory/returning to a long-held point is a wonderful thing.

Isaac Wilkins
01-04-2007, 11:51 AM
How about close-grip 275?

Give me a few months, you westside-loving mouse-vagina.

For 12. El yay.

galileo
01-04-2007, 05:52 PM
I was in the gym the other day and heard a dude talking about "keto rage." kind of like roid range but as a biproduct of low carb diets. it was amazing... his ignorance was blinding.

Keto rage only happens to people who are *******s to begin with. :)

It happens. :) Imagine you're in Russia: take it while you can get it.

You're always coming up with something to make me think, "what the ****?"

In order to not become a target of gal's hAet:

I approve. At least an inch gained in all the important measurements! ;) Great job gal!

Yay me.

So I took measurments too becasue I wanted to be like you. I'm up 5 pounds and down an inch in my waist!

I'm winning. (not for long, you dick)

Waist. ;)

Weighste.

Werd I didnt know it was physically possible to gain 15lbs of LBM in 5 weeks and lose 10lbs of fat simultaneously.

Give me your secrets/genes

My secret is teh muscle memory and my refeed structure. Although, anytime I've cut in the past, I've done a good job at recompositioning. But I do an equally solid job of quitting when I'm ahead.

Muscle memory/returning to a long-held point is a wonderful thing.

For 12. El yay.

I'll play the Chubrock card and say, "but you weigh 100lbs more than me!"

Chubrock
01-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh you ****er. Post up your workout so I can feel better about myself.

galileo
01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
January 4, 2007 - Chest and Back Day.

<lethargy> + <anger>

Diet and Supplementation

PSMF (AM) + Refeed (PM)

Added some awesome turkey burgers to the mix tonight.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2.5g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3x), 1mg nicotine (2x) and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) wants to nap, but knows better.

Workout

One month in, slowly improving.

Bench Press : 95x10, 135x5, 155x3, 175x3, 3, 3
I long for the days when I was doing over 100lbs more on this, but I'll settle with some steady progress. I widened my grip today to hit middle finger on the rings. I think this grip will serve me well; I'm good at tucking my elbows and getting my blades pinched together. My CNS isn't quite up to the task of benching just yet, so the motion still feels foreign, but it's improving. The last set was as strong as the first. Next week 180 will be no problem.

Neutral Chinups: 0x5, 5, 5
I wanted to incorporate some back today, but I think it was a mistake. My traps and rear delts are still fairly fried.

Incline DB Press: 45x5, 55x5, 65x8, 65x6
I didn't know what to try, so I just stepped up until I hit a comfortable weight for 8. Had I not, I would've got both sets.

DB Row: 75x8:8, 8:8
NNot hard, but my traps were on fire the entire time. The snatches and cleans were reminding me of their intensity.

Rotator Cuff Assistance

Overall not too bad. Less people in the gym today, except I noticed this one chick...probably 18. Barely any fat on her legs at all. Defined calves too. She was maybe 105lbs and doing some box jumps. Seriously one of the nicest asses I've seen there in the gym in a long, long time. That made me happy. She finished off her workout by stepping into a band and doing sprints away from the wall to which it was attached. Fairly hardcore too.

Chubrock
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Like I said earlier, a mf'in rape party.

galileo
01-06-2007, 02:40 PM
January 6, 2007 - My pussified leg day.

My lower back has been chunked up since I jumped my squats up so much so fast, making me again pay for my iron ego with more time without my precious back-loaded movements. *queues up Told Ya So compliments of Isaac* So, I'm icing it and trying to maintain non-****-my-back-up motions until it's at 80%, then slowly work back up replacing weight with volume until I'm good to go.

I planned on going to get sushi at about 5 today, but the scheduled dinner was pushed back due to my gf's cousins and their belated Christmas bull****. All I want are some spicy tuna mother****ing handrolls. I guess I'll wait until 8 and for now, enjoy this WPI+dextrose shake and at six have some muscle milk. Oooh, I'm such a wild man, huh Lyle?

The woman commented on how not only the abdominal area was improving, but my lower back fat was melting off. She is very impressed by my ability to recomposition and it's fueling her to get her ass in the gym as well. My pinches didn't change this morning, but I looked better in the mirror. Since I just recently had a whoosh, I suspect another won't come for a few days. We'll see. I'm about 185.5 and have almost broken into the 12's.

The few days I've been doing shakes at home, I've neglected the psyllium because my tub is at work. So now when I ****, all that comes out are tears. I guess I shouldn't neglect the spinach so much. I had green beans last night though, that were awesome. Cooked in soy, garlic, and white pepper, with a half-packet of splenda. Lawdy lawdy. That plus a little salmon rubbed with salt and I was in heaven. Oh yeah, cold shrimp too. And diet pepsi. 900 cals for the day, heh.

Diet and Supplementation

PSMF (AM) + Refeed (PM)

Sushi, bitches.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2.5g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) noticed that an extra gram of taurine did not assist my workout today.

Workout

Stupid workout due to my stupid lower back.

Leg Extension: warmup, warmup, warmup...14x5, 16x5, 16x5
alternated with
Leg Curl: warmup, warmup, warmup...12x5, 12x5, 12x5
I hate these ****ing machines. My knees will ultimately hurt.

Seated Calf Raise: I, Don't, Feel, Like, Doing, This xAt All

Then stretches and more stretches and twists and stretches.

The end.

TwiloMike
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Ummm... ewwww.

Btw, I got some great boots yesterday for less than 1/2 their price.

edit: I discovered something a couple of weeks ago. Spicy tuna is very different on the East Coast than it is on the West Coast. I <3 our spicy tuna. In San Francisco, OTOH, the rolls were entirely inedible. They had a glow of fire from whatever devil-inspired sauce the tuna is mixed with. I :cry:d when I tried them.

Unholy
01-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Xians lifting like a 12 year old school girl.

But making such good gains.

hAet!

Blood&Iron
01-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I may actually read this if I get bored enough. I'm starting a new journal too, since I look like ****.

TTT
01-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I do by shear volume.

Waist. ;)
AHA! I caught you, Mike! :evillaugh

January 6, 2007 - My pussified leg day.
Don't worry about it. If you're that good at recomp, that'll probably be enough to keep your metabolism up. Results are sounding pretty good so far.

Since I just recently had a whoosh, I suspect another won't come for a few days.

I find this phrase somewhat disturbing.

TwiloMike
01-06-2007, 06:49 PM
AHA! I caught you, Mike! :evillaugh

:cry:

Shark
01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
So I have a mini-update. I am not really losing any weight which I suppose is not the worst thing in the world. I have lost about 2 inches in my WAIST in the last two weeks though. Of that I am very pleased. Strength is all up and I'm closing in on hitting the dumbbell 100's again for the first time since I was bulking... so overall things are going well.

I just get depressed when I don't see any numbers changing on the scale... it makes me feel like i have not made any progress.

Organichu
01-08-2007, 11:46 AM
All that comes out are tears, lol.

galileo
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
January 8, 2007 - New fat burner

Yesterday, I was supposed to return to the PSMF level, but I opted to do PSMF until about 6pm, then refeed at Texas Roadhouse with my gf's family for her dad's birthday. I think the extra calories may be useful because my recovery has slowed a little and I also wanted another day off from the gym. My lower back is still chunked up, but not nearly as bad as it was. Today's back to PSMF and I might go to the gym and do some cardio tonight.

I'm running a trial of the new fat-burner by ALN, Nitor. I was nearly out of ephedrine and my fat loss is coming fairly steadily right now, so I felt that this would be a solid time to give it a shot. The primary ingredients of Nitor are a metric ass-ton of caffeine, 7-keto-DHEA, and green tea extract. Caffeine is beneficial for mobilizing free-fatty acids, green tea (ecgc) has been shown to promote fat loss, and 7-keto-DHEA could either be a miracle substance or absolute crap. The jury is still out, but I'm excited to see how it handles. From what I've read, 7-keto targets cortisol, which is apparently not my main issue based on fat placement, so I may end up with abs and love handles...

I took 2 nitor capsules this morning on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before my protein shake. The effects hit and I didn't feel like puking (like I usually did with green tea supplements). Nice! The effects of 137 different types of caffeine have hit me pretty strong (been 2.5 hours) and are holding steady. The fact that I've not had much to eat doesn't help, but based on the amount I've taken I should only have 225mg in my system so it's more than just that. I can also tell that this is a time-release blend because I'm getting worse as time goes on. My sinuses have cleared in almost the same regard as they do with ephedrine too. I'm glad I didn't start off at full dosing. I'm still going to take a dose at noon, but I won't take the later dose, just in case.

I was going to have a cup of coffee, but now I'm really really glad I didn't. I'm in a conference room doing hosting a training session now, so I really don't have anywhere to go. I wish I did though, one of the five other people in here keeps ****ing farting and in this closed space, I'm none too pleased. I have to say, this stimulation is akin to my first run few days of ephedrine. Not quite the level of jitteriness of clen, but pretty intense. I suspect that's due to the multiple types of "natural" caffeine being metabolized. I recall this feeling from back in the original TwinLab Ripped Fuel days.

Diet and Supplementation

Today is PSMF day.

Protein blend, fish oil, spinach, salmon, and perhaps some steak. Who knows?

Unholy
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Have you personally tried Clen?

Shark
01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Clen just makes me so warm and gross feeling...

I'm using Nitor too by the way... if i take it on an empty stomache I get the shakes like nothing else. However, if I eat egg whites and oatmeal in the morning and take 3 before and 3 a bit after breakfast i'm just fine.

galileo
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
January 9, 2007 - Workoutish

I took my measurements this morning and was fairly pleased. The final 3-site came out to be 13mm - ab, 9mm - pec, and 19mm - quad, setting me in at 12.08%. My weight is a depleted 183.5, bringing me down 2lbs of fat from 185.5 @ 13.13% at the beginning of the weekend. So far:

Week One
Weight: 180.5

Week Six
Weight: 183.5
Bodyfat: 12.09% (Pecs: 9mm, Abs: 13mm, Quads: 19mm)

LBM: +16.09lbs
Bodyfat: -13.09lbs

If I lose 3 more pounds, I'll be sitting at 180.5 @ 10.6%, which will be about a 16lb loss in fat at the original bodyweight.

Today I opted to give Animal Cuts a shot, to see how jittery I might get with a product that contains :

Thermogenic Complex
• Synephrine
• Octopamine
• Tyramine
• Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG)
• L-Theanine
• PEA (phenylethylamine)
Lipotropic Complex
• Choline Citrate
• Betaine HCl
• Inositol Monophosphate
Metabolic Complex
• Guarana (22% caffeine)
• L-Carnitine
Diuretic Complex
• Dandelion Extract (taraxol, taraxerol)
• Uva Ursi Extract (arbutin, methyl-arbutin)
Thyroid Complex
• Guggul (2.5% guggulsterones)
• Soy Isoflavones
Insulin Potentiators
• Alpha Lipoic Acid
• Chromium Polynicotinate
• Chromium Picolinate
Nucleotide Regulators
• Phosphate
• Inosine
• Phosphatidylcholine
Neurotransmitter Regulators
• St. John's Wort (0.3% hypericin)
• L-Tyrosine
Animal Cuts Complex
• Citrilene™ (-hydroxycitric acid)
• Grapefruit Extract (naringin, naringenin)
• White Willow (bark)
• Phenylalanine (as L-phenylalanine)
• Ginger Root Extract (gingerols, shoagols)

That was a ****ing mouthful. Out of all of those ingredients, the only things I'm excited about are: ecgc, PEA, inositol, guarana (can't go wrong with caffeine), the diuretics (curious), and l-tyrosine. But, we'll see how this one performs for me today. Yes, I have a few reasons for the sudden switch and I plan on giving Nitor a full run a bit later.

Diet and Supplementation

PSMF + Refeed

Workout

I wanted to do my normal snatch/clean/shrug deal, but my lower back told me to hang in there a little longer before I make it suffer. I just did a normal upper body day, focus back.

Hang Snatch: 45x10, 95x3
Just to get a feel.

Weighted Chinups: +0x5, +5x5, 5, 5
Not too bad.

Barbell Row: 45x10, 95x8, 135x5, 155x5, 165x5, 5
Felt strong, good weight.

DB Shrugs: 100x8, 8
I wish they had bigger dumbbells.

DB Bench: 45x8, 60x5, 70x3, 75x5, 5, 5
Got the full 3x5 no problem. During the 3rd rep of the second set, some douche walked between the two benches, tweaking my motion a bit and making me want to murder him. I didn't.

The back doesn't feel as bad today. Once I get home later tonight I'll ice it up a bunch and I should be just fine.

Chubrock
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
You didn't murder him, WTF? You must be getting laid a lot as of late.

Unholy
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
NIce job on the BB rows esp for PSMF!

ectx
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
well done, cabron. PS I haet you.

Pup
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Nice work broseph.

cphafner
01-09-2007, 09:48 PM
man have I really not been in this journal?

Good job on the fat loss so far!

Shark
01-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I hit the 100's on DB bench today biotch! Eat it!

Blood&Iron
01-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I hate you and Russow both.

Shark
01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
We <3 you to!

TwiloMike
01-11-2007, 07:23 PM

ihAet them too. We should form a club.

gal- nice work on the fat loss!

Chubrock
01-11-2007, 08:15 PM
So dude, for real, are you going to the Arnold?

Unholy
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
He better be going to the Arnold, I want to shake the hand of a man that can recomp like that. He is a cyborg!

Shark
01-11-2007, 09:53 PM
He can't post right now... he's to busy listen to Death Cab for Cutie and the Sigur Ros. Once he's done weeping softly he'll surface and start making excuses.

Little Bitch.

galileo
01-12-2007, 06:22 AM
You didn't murder him, WTF? You must be getting laid a lot as of late.

I am, but that's not the only reason I resisted.

NIce job on the BB rows esp for PSMF!

Thanks, holly.

well done, cabron. PS I haet you.

hAet!

Nice work broseph.

Thanks Rob.

man have I really not been in this journal?

Good job on the fat loss so far!

Thanks c0n0r. I'm actually starting to see some leg definition now...weird.

I hit the 100's on DB bench today biotch! Eat it!

Congratulations.

I hate us too.

We <3 you to!

Too.

ihAet them too. We should form a club.

gal- nice work on the fat loss!

Zaq and Russow already have the outfits, so they can just go to one of the clubs you normally visit.

So dude, for real, are you going to the Arnold?

Seriously, I don't know. I am going to be in either NYC or SF for work at the beginning of March and there's too much going on for me to say yes or no just yet.

He better be going to the Arnold, I want to shake the hand of a man that can recomp like that. He is a cyborg!

Albeit I am a cyborg, if you shook my hand it would crush you. Sorry.

He can't post right now... he's to busy listen to Death Cab for Cutie and the Sigur Ros. Once he's done weeping softly he'll surface and start making excuses.

Little Bitch.

I've never listened to Death Cab for Cutie, but Sigur Ros is excellent. You can't even call them emo either, because you don't know what the **** they're saying in Icelandic or whatever the **** they speak.

Anthony
01-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Week One
Weight: 180.5

Week Six
Weight: 183.5
Bodyfat: 12.09% (Pecs: 9mm, Abs: 13mm, Quads: 19mm)

LBM: +16.09lbs
Bodyfat: -13.09lbs

I swear I've seen this exact post in 2002, 2003, 2004 .............

You're the recomp queen. Unfortunately you're on pace with m*****r for starting new journals. Stick with it this time! :thumbup:

galileo
01-12-2007, 07:37 AM
January 12, 2007 - Quick Update

Today's measurements were:
184lbs @ 11.33% (Ab: 11.5, Pec: 8.5, Quad: 18.5)

I had two days of refeeding this week because of work. My lower back still isn't perfect, so I'm still going to take it easy on leg day. I'm none too happy about this. I may wear a belt and try for some walking lunges, I don't know.

The recomposition is getting a little ridiculous. I'm not sure how the pinches are dropping, but the weight isn't. My strength is creeping back up at least. I think this IF format is really the trick. On any diet of this nature, I do very well. This one in particular is much more impressive, however. I'm calculating a deficit of about 7000 calories per 8 day cycle (4 PSMF/4 Maintenance w/ High Carb). The ultra-improved insulin sensitivity from the single day fast coupled with the workout seems to be shuttling all of the nutrients exactly where they should go (mainly, my ****ing shoulders). I wish my pecs were better developed, because when you're lean with crappy pecs it looks a little stupid. No worries though, I'll get myself down to a respectable level, then slowly try to recomp in the other direction with the additional calories.

This is the point in my cut where I get pissed because I feel a lot leaner, but I don't look nearly as cut as I'd like to look. A few more weeks of consistency should give me a good idea of how much more I'll need to go before I increase my calories slowly until I hit a small surplus for the week and then add some GPP.

Anthony : I'm nowhere near his level, douche. I just took a bit of time off and with the new circumstances in my life, I felt it would be best to start this one from scratch. Maybe at some point I'll merge them all into a melodious tale of joys and woes, but for now this is fine. But I do have every intention of sticking to it this time. Things are substantially different for me right now and this is the first time I'm seeing my goals as truly longer-term and not feeling like instant progress is a requisite. Even when I was leaning up like this in the past (2002, 2003, 2004...) it was never fast enough. That's why my very first cut was probably my greatest. I wasn't putting myself inside a timeline to get lean (8 weeks, 16 weeks) and I wasn't in a real hurry to bulk up until I started reading this site, where everyone constantly tells you to gain 50lbs. *cough*

Blood&Iron
01-12-2007, 07:55 AM
You need to gain 50lbs tiny.

Mik
01-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I swear I've seen this exact post in 2002, 2003, 2004 .............

You're the recomp queen. Unfortunately you're on pace with m*****r for starting new journals. Stick with it this time! :thumbup:

Muahahahahahahahaha!

Unholy
01-12-2007, 09:38 AM

:thumbup:

Pup
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
The Monstar comment was a bit below the belt Anthony...ouch

Shark
01-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Gal needs a good kick in the junk every now and then. It was deserved.

Unholy
01-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Gal you coming to the arnold? Fatty!?!

Wikked1
01-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Dude you're at 11% BF? Or so?
Alright thought I'd drop in and see what's happening,looks like you are back on track,(from the last time I was in here anyway)

galileo
01-12-2007, 04:27 PM

You

Muahahahahahahahaha!

Can

:thumbup:

Suck

The Monstar comment was a bit below the belt Anthony...ouch

My

Gal needs a good kick in the junk every now and then. It was deserved.

Cock.

Gal you coming to the arnold? Fatty!?!

Die.

Dude you're at 11% BF? Or so?
Alright thought I'd drop in and see what's happening,looks like you are back on track,(from the last time I was in here anyway)

Yeah, by 3-site. I'm workin on mah six'r.

KevinStarke
01-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Booyah.

galileo
01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Workout Portion

In the interest of my lower back, I did weak-ass motions.

I was tired and my legs were very shaky. I have no idea why though.

Squats: 45x10
Wide and deep, felt correct.

GM: 45x10
Same

DB Lunges: 45sx8, 55x10, 10
Harder than I thought they'd be.

Incline DB Curl: 40x10, 10
Wee.

Rope Pulldown: Stack(150)x5, 5

Leg Extension: 12px8, 8
Meh.

Seated Leg Curl 12x8, 8
Feh.

Refeed. I'm destroyed today...no idea.

Beast
01-12-2007, 04:39 PM
In the interest of my lower back, I did weak-ass motions.
Yeah, being preggers can do that to you. I had the same experience.

JustinASU
01-12-2007, 09:50 PM
So, I'm feigning illiteracy so I don't have to play catch up. Are you still working with a more moderate diet to keep this ridiculous recomp. up? I still don't know how the **** you do it.

Unholy
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Keep it up gal

Shark
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm down another half inch in teh waist son, sitting at around 223-224 right now. I tried to clip myself on a 7 site test which is hard for me to do and I rocked in at 18% which is down from prob. 20-21% two weeks ago.

galileo
01-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I didn't rock the fat burners today, so my hunger is tremendous.

**** you Russow.

heathj
01-13-2007, 04:42 PM
do you still have that bodyfat calculator? if you do, please post a link in my journal. thanks.

Shark
01-14-2007, 01:54 AM

**** you Russow.

Dude, nitor makes me feel like my heart is going to explode... i can't even use a half dose now. It may be because of all the other **** i'm using but god damn! I'm going to start on tuesday with one pill and work my way up.

Clifford Gillmore
01-14-2007, 02:44 AM

**** you Russow.

Fat burners supress your appitite?

galileo
01-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, being preggers can do that to you. I had the same experience.

:idea:

So, I'm feigning illiteracy so I don't have to play catch up. Are you still working with a more moderate diet to keep this ridiculous recomp. up? I still don't know how the **** you do it.

I will do a full explanation in a coming post, since most people have missed it.

Keep it up gal

Thanks, Cheryl.

do you still have that bodyfat calculator? if you do, please post a link in my journal. thanks.

I have it on my computer, but I don't have webspace to host it on at the moment, so jump on AIM sometime and I'll send it to you.

Dude, nitor makes me feel like my heart is going to explode... i can't even use a half dose now. It may be because of all the other **** i'm using but god damn! I'm going to start on tuesday with one pill and work my way up.

Nitor is intense, I won't lie. A normal dose is a bad way to start off with it. Couple that with your other **** and you're likely to have an aneur comysm.

Fat burners supress your appitite?

A lot of thermogenics have compounds within them that work to suppress your appetite. Caffeine suppresses it for me if I use enough of it. Ephedrine works, synephrine doesn't. Animal Cuts doesn't seem to help my hunger or my energy, which is disappointing. I forgot I had some Mega Hoodia here that I've not yet given a try...perhaps I'll go with that too.

galileo
01-14-2007, 01:38 PM
January 14, 2007 - Intermittent Fasting

I've been approached by a lot of people asking me about this cut. Some people think I'm on a PSMF, some people think I'm carb cycling, and some thing I'm out of my ****ing mind. Good news, you're all correct! Since I'm such a nice guy, I figured I'd write up a small idea of what I'm doing and why it works. Be prepared, I'm not going to reference any studies (they do exist and are plentiful, but too bad) because I'm not that nice of a guy. I'm also not going to bother proofreading any of this either.

Rapid Recomposition by galileo

What is required to recomposition
1. Genetics - Sorry guys, your number one ally in this is your body's natural preference for maintaining muscle even while in a caloric deficit. For most people, this is the somatypes of endomorphic or mesomorphic. If you're an ectomorph, you get the pleasure of cutting with a high number of calories and if you say your prayers every night, maybe a only quarter of the weight you lose will be muscle.

2. A cyclic diet plan - Yes, you've read it all before. Having a cyclic diet plan is absolutely the best way to lose fat without muscle, unless you're on AAS or DNP. There are probably 10 different reasons I could cite individually for this including psychological reasons, but just trust me that cyclic diets are your only chance of recompositioning (unless you're a total newb, omglolirl!!11!~).

3. A training plan conducive to maintaining strength and gaining muscle - I know this is a hot topic, but I'm a firm believer that low reps do not mean strength gains nor do high reps mean muscle gain. It's based on silo-logic, due to the parallax caused by individual studies and "bro knowledge." If you want to setup a good program that won't hurt your CNS, injure you, or support the loss of muscle then try to get each bodypart worked to a modest degree multiple times a week. If you train with 100% intensity both days, you're probably going to end up very sorry, so vary your rep patterns and try to hit your muscles a few times and try to progress within a range (3-5, 6-8, etc.).

I can't address point #1 and until one of Richard Dawkins' worshippers comes out with a SomaChamber to turn us all into mesomorphs, so until then I'll focus on 2 and 3.

The Diet Plan
I've tried about every diet one could think of trying. CKD, TKD, SKD, UD2, Carb Cycling, Low Fat/High Carb, Isocaloric, 100g of carb or less, and so on. I've had modest success with some, no success with others, and I've been very proud of my accomplishments with a select few. On non-cyclic diets, I lose weight and fat at an even clip and can drop pound after pound with calipers and the scale. Great, they work! But I never made gains on them. Low carb diets, same thing. Loads of bodyweight and fat, but never any recompositions. <enter UD2> UD2 is an awesome diet by Lyle McDonald, which is perfect for the OCD bodybuilder in all of us. I managed to stay on it for a max of a month at a time and made solid progress every single time with literally 0 weight loss. My strength even increased due to the power days most weeks. The problem is, it's only good if you're lean enough to need it. Why? If you're not, you and your joints may likely burn out and never end up finishing off the fat. When you do full-body routines on machines 4 times a week, it can really get to you.

I always ended up back to carb cycling. I used to long for the no-carb days, because I knew the following morning would yield additional fat-loss. The high carb days were merely a formality and the moderate carb days I hated. It's probably awesome for some people who like to have more variety in their week, but I had a tough time scheduling my workouts around the diet and found myself bored with it. My solution generally ended up being a no-carb day followed by a high-carb day, then another no-carb day to continue the cycle. I got all the benefits of the super-low calorie day, but I was able to look forward to eating a lot more the very next day. Excellent!

Recently, I was poking around some forums and found some information on "intermittent fasting." Basically, people wouldn't eat for one day, then they'd pig out for a few hours, then go back to not eating. Turns out on average they could eat twice as much and still improve insulin sensitivity greatly and the benefits of "longevity eating" were displayed all the same. So, here birthed the plan.

Day 1: PSMF - 1-1.5g/lb protein, green veggies, 6g fish oil (option SS cardio)
Day 2: PSMF (AM), Workout, Refeed (PM) - The refeed is focused on carbs and protein, but fat doesn't seem to cause any problems at all. One of the days I woke up with the biggest change was after Chick-Fil-A and a milkshake.
Repeat.

Tweaking your carb intake around your workout is a pretty good idea too. Get a lil fructose a few hours before your workout and perhaps some dex/whey during. Follow it up with a big shake and you're set.

So, 1.5 days of PSMF, workout, then refeed. Viola. Due to insulin sensitivity improvements based on diet and training, the refeed sends calories to the good stuff (muscle). The refeed days should be at least maintenance. At maintenance, I am set for 2lbs a week and have been losing fat at exactly that rate, but my bodyweight has stayed high. I'm heavier *and* leaner than I was the last time I cut this low and I've not even done anything to put on mass between then and now. Muscle loss in strength trained individuals (non-ectomorph) is highly overstated in my experience. If you can't handle a day of low calories without losing mass, then don't try it.

Training Stuff
My favorite training plans are 8 day cycles training each part 2x a week. With this diet, it's perfect. People tend to try to squeeze their workout in to an arbitrary 7 day cycle. I realize it helps for people with specific schedules, but if you don't have such restrictions, there is absolutely no reason to push an extra day in, paricularly if you want to be happily recovered by your next workout.

Example-
Day 1: Off
Day 2: Upper (focus chest)
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Lower (focus quads)
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Upper (focus back)
Day 7: Off
Day 8: Lower (focus hams)

On the upper days where I focus on chest, I do some 6-8 rep back work. The chest work is generally 3-5, 6-8, and sometimes exhaustion work. Same style for the other days. Go heavy on the focus part, moderate on the non-focus. I've outlined this regiment before, so search back through and you'll find it. My parts don't get too worn out and it fits with my diet.

Summary
This diet is perfect and realistic for me and I'm sure others will feel the same. The 4 workouts a week really help with releasing awesome chemicals like catecholamines and ****. Also, it's easier to stick with a plan where you can look forward to something the very next day.

I don't have the energy now to type more, but this'll give you a quick idea of how to work it. This isn't the best written thing I've ever done, but unless there's serious interest in me writing a full version with references, then I'm not going to do it. Enjoy your rapid recomposition.

Diet and Supplementation

PSMF (AM) + Refeed (PM)

Tonight I might go for a big burrito or something awesome for my refeed. I'm not yet sure.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2.5g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3x), 1mg nicotine (2x) and ETS (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5) has cruel intentions.

Workout

Bench Press : 95x10, 135x5, 155x3, 165x3, 180x5, 5, 5
Up five pounds and 2 reps per set (Last week: 175x3x3).

Incline DB Press: 70x6, 65x6
These were significantly more difficult this week, but I did increase the bench by a bit so I understand.

DB Row: 80x8:8, 8:8
These were no problem at all.

This workout was fairly strong (relatively speaking). I'm improving my strength a lot on a lower volume, 2x/part/week setup.

Con
01-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the write up! Just wonderin, do you think full body workouts, 3 times a week could fit into this? Or does it all come down to experimentation?

Nice workout too, congratz on improvin the bench.

Chubrock
01-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Dude, do you think you're Built or something? You need to write something original.

Unholy
01-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Good write up man I might try this out when I platue on normal cal restriction + split, im sure it will happen soon.

TwiloMike
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Nice workout, man, and thanks for the writeup. When I have some time I'll actually pay full attention while reading it. So far I skimmed it. The training section is spot on, imo: arbitrary 7 day limits aren't necessary. This will be one of the two modifications I will make to my upcoming BGB plan.

edit: I am not sure that I will benefit all that much from the recomp diet but to me you will always be the Recomp Queen. ;)

Beast
01-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Day 2: PSMF (AM), Workout, Refeed (PM)
So what makes up the 1/2 day of PSMF?
And what exactly constitutes the refeed?

I'd like to know how you sort out your calories, etc for Day 2.

Mik
01-15-2007, 08:08 AM
You suck!

galileo
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the write up! Just wonderin, do you think full body workouts, 3 times a week could fit into this? Or does it all come down to experimentation?

Nice workout too, congratz on improvin the bench.

I'd prefer an upper/lower setup, but if you must do a 3 full body a week deal, just do:

no carb (rest)
high carb (w/o)
no carb (rest)
high carb (w/o)
no carb (rest)
high carb (w/o)
moderate carb (rest)

Thanks.

Dude, do you think you're Built or something? You need to write something original.

Ouch!

Good write up man I might try this out when I platue on normal cal restriction + split, im sure it will happen soon.

W0rd.

Nice workout, man, and thanks for the writeup. When I have some time I'll actually pay full attention while reading it. So far I skimmed it. The training section is spot on, imo: arbitrary 7 day limits aren't necessary. This will be one of the two modifications I will make to my upcoming BGB plan.

edit: I am not sure that I will benefit all that much from the recomp diet but to me you will always be the Recomp Queen. ;)

Thanksish.

So what makes up the 1/2 day of PSMF?
And what exactly constitutes the refeed?

I'd like to know how you sort out your calories, etc for Day 2.

The second 1/2 day is just pure protein in the AM, then you slowly introduce carbs before the workout. I'll post an example diet on my next high-carb day.

You suck!

You lose.

KingJustin
01-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey, I am planning on doing this diet, but I've got a question about it ...

I workout every day. Usually I do weights about 4.5x/w and cardio 2.5x. Do you think I'm going to go without significant muscle loss if I have a pure PSMF day on a cardio day and occasionally even on weight training days? ..or should I modify/forget the idea?

Thanks!!!

galileo
01-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Hey, I am planning on doing this diet, but I've got a question about it ...

I workout every day. Usually I do weights about 4.5x/w and cardio 2.5x. Do you think I'm going to go without significant muscle loss if I have a pure PSMF day on a cardio day and occasionally even on weight training days? ..or should I modify/forget the idea?

Thanks!!!

Cardio should be just fine on this diet. You're never truly depleted, so you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Shark
01-16-2007, 09:18 AM
My wasit is taping it an a consistent 37 inches... down from 41 inches about three weeks ago. What are your numbers looking like these days fool?

bill
01-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the write up. Are fruit loops a high carb day? LOL

Beast
01-16-2007, 09:43 AM
The second 1/2 day is just pure protein in the AM, then you slowly introduce carbs before the workout. I'll post an example diet on my next high-carb day.

Thanks.
I think you should write a WBB article on it if you had the time. It's unique.

galileo
01-16-2007, 10:42 AM
My wasit is taping it an a consistent 37 inches... down from 41 inches about three weeks ago. What are your numbers looking like these days fool?

I don't have a wasit, but if I did I believe I'm sitting in the 36 area. This past 5 day span has brought some bloating, so I think my fiber intake needs to become more consistent and I need to reign in my refeeds a bit.

Thanks for the write up. Are fruit loops a high carb day? LOL

Some people can handle that, so why not? As long as you keep your protein levels up and calories at a spot where you aren't going overboard, you should be in good shape.

Thanks.
I think you should write a WBB article on it if you had the time. It's unique.

I may do so, if I have the time. As things are at the moment, it won't be anytime soon, but I'd rather get a solid handle on my cut and figure out the best ways to tweak it for results.

If anyone tries this, let me know how you do and what was successful vs. what wasn't. I'd like to get as much feedback as I can around this method.

Sidior
01-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Never posted in here before but I have been following your progress for a little while. Really impressive stuff bro, your diet seems to be interesting...thanks for the write ups.

KingJustin
01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Galileo, I'm starting on it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Shark
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey douche bag... answer your phone much?

Stumprrp
01-16-2007, 04:31 PM
wheres the workouts homes

galileo
01-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Never posted in here before but I have been following your progress for a little while. Really impressive stuff bro, your diet seems to be interesting...thanks for the write ups.

Thanks Sidior and welcome.

Galileo, I'm starting on it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing how you implement it.

Hey douche bag... answer your phone much?

Yes, but not when I'm screening my calls. :cool:

wheres the workouts homes

Try http://www.realtor.com. They have all kinds of homes.

Chubrock
01-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Hahahaha damn Stumpy. You walked into that one. Score 1 for the resident *******.

galileo
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
January 17, 2007 - Stuff

I've not been doing much measuring except for the occasional weighing and a few informal 3-site pinches. I've hit the spot that I dread, which is good and bad. I look worse in the mirror than I did a few pounds ago, but I know I'm making progress. My lat area has leaned out, making my love handles and chest fat more pronounced. This generally lasts until I'm sub-10 on 3-site, so I have a bit more to put up with. I've been taking Animal Cuts for the last few weeks and I'm not pleased. A lot of people swear by their products and even if I'm a fan of taking 20 horse pills a day, I really feel no benefit from this product. No hunger-blunting, no energy, and no help on the fat-loss side. Hell, the diuretics in it didn't even seem to make a bit of difference. I'm going to take it the rest of this week and couple it with some cleaner refeeds and see what happens.

As far as diet goes, I've had a few off days due to my schedule, but I've not gone overboard. I had my chiropractor appointment on Monday and my back is feeling way better. The few extra days off likely did it some good, so I should be able to ease my way back into squatting soon.

Diet and Supplementation

PSMF Day

Animal Pak, Animal Cuts, Vitamin E (800IU), Caffeine (400mg), and 6g High Potency Fish Oil (3g EPA/DHA) told me what you did last summer.

Shark
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Dude, I was off to a strong start... I haven't really had to stick to any real eating plan as of yet. However, things seem to be stalling a bit and I may need to actually structure something in and count my calories. Crap!

KingJustin
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Dude, this PSMF **** is no joke. I'm hungry as ****. Good work sticking with your diet so well, it's not as easy as I thought.

Blood&Iron
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Dude, I was off to a strong start... I haven't really had to stick to any real eating plan as of yet. However, things seem to be stalling a bit and I may need to actually structure something in and count my calories. Crap!
Yeah, that tends to happen as you transition from morbidly obese to merely disgustingly fat.

Pup
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, that tends to happen as you transition from morbidly obese to merely disgustingly fat.

Amen reverend :burger:

Shark
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
**** all you hos! I need to start dropping cals and doing some cardio... i've been hitting the weights hard and making good strength gains but I need to focus on /pwning teh fat!

Chubrock
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Fat girls need loving too hahaha.

Shark
01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
You would know.

Chubrock
01-18-2007, 06:24 AM
You're right. I slipped it in your mom.

TwiloMike
01-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Hehehe nice shrinkage all around. I'm up to about 198lbs. Finally my bulk is kicking in.

galileo
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM

There's hope in it for you yet.

Amen reverend :burger:

Mmmm, burger.

**** all you hos! I need to start dropping cals and doing some cardio... i've been hitting the weights hard and making good strength gains but I need to focus on /pwning teh fat!

Yay...

Fat girls need loving too hahaha.

p

You would know.

w

You're right. I slipped it in your mom.

n

Hehehe nice shrinkage all around. I'm up to about 198lbs. Finally my bulk is kicking in.

Awesome.

I worked out tonight. Squats, overhead squats, good mornings, and seated calf raises. My refeed was some chik-fil-a nuggets and muscle milk. More when I'm not in a sugar coma...

Stumprrp
01-18-2007, 07:54 PM
nice lifting and refeed man

rookiebldr
01-18-2007, 08:11 PM
oh damn, is everyone cutting these days?

ectx
01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
shouldn't there be a workout somewhere on this page, from you or Metro-Russow?

TwiloMike
01-19-2007, 11:36 AM

That'd be Metrow, right?

Que?

ectx
01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
That'd be Metrow, right?

Que?

Even better!

LOL...My buddy Matt fits the definition of metrosexual perfectly. The guy has day and night colognes, wears fancy shoes, has his clothes organized by season, color, and day and evening wear in his closet, and gets manicures. And, yes, he's straight. Anyhow, when the phrase was coined we emailed him the article and started calling him "Mett" instead of "Matt". He wasn't too happy about that. LOL.

galileo
01-19-2007, 11:52 AM
nice lifting and refeed man

Thanks dude.

oh damn, is everyone cutting these days?

Yep and they're all doing the Xian PWN hAet Diet 2.0 (coined by pup).

Yes, see my previous post where I said what I did. I didn't bother with numbers. My back feels better and I ended up doing a light 185 for my squat sets. I'm trying a wider pl style stance in order to maintain my arch while going to parallel. I'll add front squats as a result, because my quads aren't getting targeted enough.

That'd be Metrow, right?

Que?

Meeeeetr0.

Even better!

LOL...My buddy Matt fits the definition of metrosexual perfectly. The guy has day and night colognes, wears fancy shoes, has his clothes organized by season, color, and day and evening wear in his closet, and gets manicures. And, yes, he's straight. Anyhow, when the phrase was coined we emailed him the article and started calling him "Mett" instead of "Matt". He wasn't too happy about that. LOL.

Does his girlfriend ever wonder why he only wants to make love from behind?

Unholy
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Where are the workouts sucka

galileo
01-19-2007, 11:54 AM
January 19, 2007 - Stat Whore

Here're my stats for the week, enjoy.

Weight: 182
Bodyfat: 10.2% (Pecs: 5mm, Abs: 11mm, Quads: 19mm)
Delta: +18 lbm, -16.5 fat 8 weeks.

My waist (umbilicus) is sitting at 34.5" this morning and the hips are still 35", but I've dropped another belt loop on my pants, so I guess my ass shrank. My size 33s are loose again. My legs are visibly leaner, but my pinch isn't changing. The leanness is appearing on the outer quads, not so much the medialis and rectus femoris.

So, that's +3 lbm, -6 fat in the last 2.5 weeks. Nice. I don't know how my chest leaned up so much, but the outer chest is dropping rapidly. The lower chest is still presenting a problem, but I hope as I get down to about 7% by 3-site (10% ish), that will be mostly remedied. I didn't feel I was making that solid of progress these past weeks, but apparently I was wrong. Go me.

Today's PSMF was off because I missed breakfast and went to the retirement home that we bring food to every week and I didn't have time to run back for a shake, so I had a small amount of Chinese food. I'll PSMF from now until tomorrow's late-in-the-day workout, so it won't matter all too much.

TwiloMike
01-19-2007, 12:06 PM
FYI: ass shrinkage is not encouraged.

galileo
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
FYI: ass shrinkage is not encouraged.

I could definitely afford to lose a little. I have the ass of a black midget.

TwiloMike
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I could definitely afford to lose a little. I have the ass of a black midget.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I've yet to meet a whitey of your proportions with an ass that's too big... and trust you me, I've met many.