PDA

View Full Version : Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26

galileo
09-14-2009, 07:24 PM
.09.14.2009 - Rapid Recomposition Time

Well, it's day 6 of my epic fat battle. The water I've dropped has been very helpful in making me look slightly more human. I woke up this morning, expecting my weight to remain stable (due to the 1lb of steak I ate), but surprisingly I had dropped down to 192. I looked mildly leaner, still no better than I'd expect at this bodyfat level.

As far as my "official" status go, I'm sitting at: 192 @ 18.22% (ab: 22, pec: 15, leg: 24, s'iliac: 22)
Changes: lean [+3.07] fat [-5.07].

Those stats are obviously subject to error due to 3-site, but already my stomach fat is changing. The plan going forward, is basically to pull a DJ Tanner (http://outofcontrolfatroll.com/2009/09/14/fatroll-dictionary-dj-tanner/) until November.

About 1:00pm today I fell into a mild coma, almost unable to keep my eyes open. Last night I didn't fall asleep until about 2am (not my choice), so low calories were not conducive to any sort of actual focus. Fortunately, the pre-workout meal plus a little coffee gave me enough energy to actually lift.

.diet.

My meals today were awesomely boring, 3 Nitrean shakes (1.5 scoops), fish oil caps, and lethargy. A pack of low-sugar oatmeal before I went to the gym, then after the workout I had 2 chicken breasts, 2 bagels w/ ff cream cheese, 18oz of milk, and a few cookies. My totals for the day ended around what I calculated to be about 2200 calories with a little over 250g of protein.

A multi, 1k E, 2k C, and 1.2g red rice yeast/coq10 thinks your mom is hot for her age.
.workout.

I had barely any energy, but I did a few things.

traction bands

db bench: 35x5, 45x5, 55x5, 65x8, 8, 8
Meh.

db flyes (30s rest): 25x12, 12, 12, 10
Double meh.

one arm seated cable rows: 50x5, 70x5, 90x5, 100x5, 5
Not too challenging.

db curls: 25x10
I was too tired to do this crap.

My attempt was to work on the routine I typically do through this diet, but I foolishly didn't look through my old plans so I forgot precisely what I was going to do. Improvising was ****.

There was some cünt in the gym who was easily fatter than me, checking out his abs in the mirror every 5 mins. Lots of smirking on this douchebag too. He seemed insufferably proud of his 50lb OH presses, slamming the weights into the ground after each set. I hope his boyfriend forgets to use an enema the next time he gets topped.

Meat_Head
09-14-2009, 08:20 PM
There was some cünt in the gym who was easily fatter than me, checking out his abs in the mirror every 5 mins. Lots of smirking on this douchebag too. He seemed insufferably proud of his 50lb OH presses, slamming the weights into the ground after each set. I hope his boyfriend forgets to use an enema the next time he gets topped.[/indent]

HAH! :windup: :bash::shoot::ninja::indian:

Good workout dude, adding lean mass while burning fat = teh bomb

cphafner
09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Ha, that guys sounds awesome. Good session Gal.

galileo
09-15-2009, 08:21 PM
HAH! :windup: :bash::shoot::ninja::indian:

Good workout dude, adding lean mass while burning fat = teh bomb

Very exciting to get back to it.

Ha, that guys sounds awesome. Good session Gal.

He was a ****ing chode. I hope he chokes on a dick hair.

LuNa
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I hope his boyfriend forgets to use an enema the next time he gets topped.[/indent]

Lol :evillaugh:

Are you going to post starting pics?

galileo
09-15-2009, 09:27 PM
.09.15.2009. - Mental Fog FTW

So, yeah...these low cal days are brutal. At least eating a few larger items of solid food made the hunger far more bearable. I had a few Nitrean shakes, 270g of grilled chicken, 8oz of turkey, and a bunch o' fish oil. Protein was high enough, but the calories felt low. I was totally fogged up all day. As long as my daily average is around 1700 (1000, 2400) then I'm on track to lose 2lbs a week. Today was about 920 cals, I'll shoot for about 2500 tomorrow.

I pissed out what felt like 20lbs today. Perhaps that's the worst part of low-carb day. Caffeine + shakes = pissville.

Bought the new Muse CD. It's pretty good, if you enjoy that type of thing. They're starting to border on the epic side of rock, much like Styx in the DeYoung days or Genesis in the Peter Gabriel stage. Right up my ****ing alley.

Ok, I'm ending this post. I feel rambly and I'm tired, hungry, and other things that make me irate. Tomorrow is my epic 4 hour refeed....I can't wait.

Mik
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Mmmmmm refeedy goodness. Nice work so far recomp godz!

galileo
09-16-2009, 07:14 PM
.09.16.2009. - Refeedzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Refeeding makes me sleepy. I think that means I am really good at producing teh inslinz. I already took a 1 hour 'slin nap where I just fell asleep and woke up feeling wide-awake.

I woke up this morning about 5am and pissed for what seemed like a lifetime. No joke, I could've listened to November Rain before the last drop was shaken from my peen. Then at 7am I got up for good and again I pissed what I felt to be an epic amount. When I stepped on the scale, I expected to have dropped a few pounds in water alone. Surprise. Up a half.

Stats: 192.5 @ 17.38% (ab: 21, pec: 13, leg: 24, s'iliac: 21)
.diet.

I didn't eat anything until about noon today, where I had 1.5 scoops of Nitrean. I was struggling at the thought of another shake, but I snuck one in. That triggered my hunger and by the time 3:15 arrived, I was nauseated. I grabbed my low-sugar oatmeal and got prepped for my workout with some taurine and l-tyrosine.

After my workout I housed a 12" sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub from Subway. While it was good, it was not as amazing as I'd expected. I stood in line for about 20 minutes for the mother****er while the 3 teenagers behind the counter tried to figure out how to make a goddamned sammich. The Subway in the gas station by my house is where they send all of the low IQ sammich artists to see if their social disorders make it too impossible for them to put MEAT inside of ****ing BREAD. CLEARLY it was too hard for these ****tards.

I came home and ate some bagels, milk, a few cookies, and I'm going to snag a protein shake as soon as my stomach gives me about 12oz of free space. I'm painfully full right now, but I need to ensure I get adequate protein for this refeed.

A multi, 1k E, 2k C, 1.2g red rice yeast/coq10, 2g taurine, and 2.5g of l-tyrosine thinks you should check yourself before you wriggidy-wreck yourself.
.workout.

The intent of all leg workouts right now is to minimize lower back impact. I think I was sucessful.

traction band stretches

machine leg press: warmups, #20x5, 5, 5
I went as deep as I could on this machine without slamming the stack.

leg extensions (30 seconds rest): #10x10, 10, 8->#8x2
Sweet lawd, this burned.

db shrugs: 90x8, 8
My grip was actually the current weak point. My hands have been pretty sore since starting back. Dumbbell work will do it.

seated calf-raises: 90x8, 8, 8
I took a long pause at the bottom.

hamstring curls: 70[2]x8, 8, 8
I wanted to do pull-throughs, but the cable tower was occupied by a large yet not terribly strong guy.

music: lamb of god - walk with me in hell

I think that was it. I was fine with the volume today, I just hope my back holds up. I will stretch more in the morning. I need to schedule a chiropractor appointment really soon.

Mik
09-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Good job on the diet so far and getting back to the gym. Are you planning on altering your workouts as you get a few under your belt?

galileo
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Good job on the diet so far and getting back to the gym. Are you planning on altering your workouts as you get a few under your belt?

I just altered them. Something look wrong?

Mik
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I just altered them. Something look wrong?

My bad. Missed that.

EDIT: Nothing looked wrong I was just asking if you planned on changing things up (as you did).

LuNa
09-17-2009, 05:19 PM
The Subway in the gas station by my house is where they send all of the low IQ sammich artists to see if their social disorders make it too impossible for them to put MEAT inside of ****ing BREAD. CLEARLY it was too hard for these ****tards.

Lol:evillaugh:

Nice work on the refeed. Is your weight supposed to go down or is it a strict recomp with no weight fluctuation?

galileo
09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Lol:evillaugh:

Nice work on the refeed. Is your weight supposed to go down or is it a strict recomp with no weight fluctuation?

Thanks. The last time I did this, I dropped down into the sub 10s from 19 and lost about 4.5lbs. I tend to maintain my weight for the most part.

galileo
09-17-2009, 08:54 PM
.09.17.2009. - The boring days.

I didn't bother taking my measurements this morning. I did weigh myself though and I was 193, no surprise. Ate a bit yesterday and my body was ready to fill up. My muscles were fuller and harder this morning for sure. It's a good feeling, I just wish I had 3 months instead of 2 to really get this done.

I feel like I look about the same as when I was cutting down from the high 170s, so my guess is that I have a lot of VAT happening. I sure didn't gain muscle sitting around all day. That will likely come back to haunt me once I get a bit leaner and I'll end up with a few weeks with no visible changes (aside from waist). I hope that happens sooner than later, so I can fit in my mother****ing pants again.

I'm not sure what to do this weekend - Saturday I have a wedding to attend. I think I might do protein only until the reception, then I'll just eat normally. I will limit my fat intake as much as possible and only have a few drinks. That shouldn't really set me back, all things considered. I hope to end the week with a solid 2lbs of fat loss. Now that the water's all shifted around, the drops will be more indicative of the actual fat loss.

I think for tomorrow's refeed I'm going to get a little bit of sushi. I need to find my recipe for turkey lasagna so I can make some next week. It's the most epic refeed food that exists. Filling, calorific, low-fat, high-protein, and tastes like the best thing ever when you're carb depleted. I hope I posted it somewhere in this ****ing thing.

patrick3217
09-18-2009, 03:23 AM
Sushi or lasagna I'm on my way and I'll bring the beer ha!

Mik
09-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I've got an awesome chicken lasagna recipe if you're in need. If not I want your recipe.

That is all.

galileo
09-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I've got an awesome chicken lasagna recipe if you're in need. If not I want your recipe.

That is all.

Found it, thankfully. After some targeted google searching, I apparently found the recipe here: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/lean_and_mean_cookin

1 package lean ground turkey
cooking spray
15oz of low-fat ricotta cheese
2 tbsp reduced-fat parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon italian seasoning blend (or oregano/basil/salt to taste)
26oz of the lowest sugar, lowest calorie marinara sauce you can find
8 uncooked, whole grain lasagna noodles
8 oz fat-free mozzarella

Brown ground turkey in a pan using Pam, then mix with all but one cup
of your spaghetti sauce.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put the ricotta, Parmesan, and Italian
seasoning in a bowl and stir. Spoon your one cup of plain spaghetti
sauce over the bottom of a baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, then top noodles with 1 cup of the ricotta mixture. On top of this, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella.

Now layer on a cup of your spaghetti sauce/browned turkey mixture. Add
4 more lasagna noodles, the rest of the ricotta mixture, and the last
of the spaghetti sauce/browned turkey. Finish up with a final layer of
mozzarella. Make sure all the noodles are covered with sauce or
cheese. Seriously, if you don't the whole top will be raw/dried out. I'd even go as far as soaking the noodles for about 5 minutes in some water to get them ready to bake.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes.

galileo
09-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Quick Update

I may not have time this evening to post a full one. Today my quad pinch dropped, the other two stayed steady. My "equalizer" measurement, the suprailiac dropped below 20. Somewhere in the 19 range. By 3-site, I'm sitting at 16.5%. Not happy with where I am just yet, but I do look a lot tighter than I began. Today I'll do a back-focused upper body workout, although my chest and outer delts still feel a bit ravaged from the last workout. Back has not worsened. Good thing. I'll post something between tonight and tomorrow evening regarding my workout.

galileo
09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
.weekend. - Tiny, tiny victories.

Ok, quickly I'll post my Friday workout. My back felt very weak (as to be expected). I really can't have any illusions that I might gain much functional strength on this diet. A little CNS adaptation here and there, but nothing significant. Here's my crappy workout:

chins 0x5, 5, 5
bb row: 135x5 (UH), x5 (OH)
seated neutral row: 150x12, 12, 12, 12
dips: +0x8, 8, 8

I went to a wedding on Saturday and I was thrilled to find out that my suits fit me again. Not loose by any stretch, but definitely comfortable enough to wear. On my birthday a few weeks ago I was within a solid inch or more of clasping many of the 33" suit pants that I own. This was a huge deal, since I didn't anticipate this to come for another few weeks. I quickly fixed that issue by eating and drinking wedding food. Yeah, **** you too.

I am afraid to scale/clip today, but I'm back on low cals all day and tomorrow is my leg (focus hams) day. Trust me, today is very difficult for me mentally after enjoying good food again yesterday, but I am still aware of my goals and will make the best of this coming week.

The wedding was a lot of fun, had a great time. I miss living close to my friends and there were a lot of "moments" with the drunk group where we promised we'd hang out more. It's almost like there's a script everyone gets handed with their spirits.

Ok, house cleaning and preparation for the Steelers game. Fin.

Chubrock
09-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Glad to see you finally decided to stop being a worthless piece of ****. Good on ya.

LuNa
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Good work dude. One day is not going to ruin your progress.

galileo
09-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Glad to see you finally decided to stop being a worthless piece of ****. Good on ya.

I hope you get shot in the face with a taser.

Good work dude. One day is not going to ruin your progress.

Oh, I know. I'm hyperbolic at minimum. 191.5 @ 16.25.

JustinF
09-21-2009, 08:12 PM
A Mik and Gal sighting? Holy ****. Who's next?

:hello:

Mik
09-22-2009, 07:08 AM

Holy crap!!!!!!!! It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

galileo
09-22-2009, 08:56 AM

Good thing I messaged you yesterday, else you'd never work out again.

Holy crap!!!!!!!! It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

For real. His kid is like 12 now!

JustinF
09-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Good thing I messaged you yesterday, else you'd never work out again.

QFT. And there's still no guarantees. :smoke:

Don't rush it, going by fast enough.

Mik
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM

I heard the little one preacher curls 85 lbs!

JustinF
09-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I heard the little one preacher curls 85 lbs!

She's up to 105 already. :evillaugh:

Mik
09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
She's up to 105 already. :evillaugh:

Curl jockey........just like her poppa! :)

galileo
09-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I feel bad doing a partial update, but time is restrictive.

- I tried to workout yesterday, forgot my ID and my shoes. Came home, did lunges and db squats. My legs are trashed.
- Refeed was nice yesterday, crab, turkey burgers...all kinds o' goodness.
- I am leaner. Goooood. 191.5 post-refeed this AM, which means I'll easily be 190 tomorrow morning. My ab pinch was sub-20, which was nice. I believe I'm in the 16.25 range, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

It appears that I have about 7 weeks to hit my goals (or close). To get to 9.5% by 3-site, that'd be a loss of 2lbs/week. The first few weeks really jump-started my cut, but I certainly don't believe those losses can continue forever. 9.5% by 3-site is still not as lean as I'd like. I'll end up in the 12-13% range, true. A little rib visibility, but no abs. I'll trudge along. If I see 15% next week, I'll be happy.

Clifford Gillmore
09-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Pics?

galileo
09-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Pics?

At some point.

galileo
09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
.09.23.2009. - Lethargy. Check. Apathy. Check.

Yeah, it's been only two weeks but this diet isn't for the weak of heart. I really enjoy the refeeds, but I still harbor residual guilt every time I psuedo-binge when cutting. Then, when I'm low calories I want to eat human babies. Good thing I quit that preschool gig I had.

This morning my weight was about 192.5 and I felt a little intestinal bloat. Still around 16.25%, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. My supra pinch dropped more, which is a good indicator of progress. I still look like crap, but a better shade of crap than before.

The low carbs are definitely impacting my mood. I had a **** day at work and I wanted to start murdering people. At one point, my boss even asked what was wrong. It's hard to say, "Low calories makes me moody," particularly to a man who has diabetes.

.workout.

I decided to cut back my workouts to 1 major/1 minor part per workout. I really don't believe I was fully recovered for my upperbody work today thanks to persistently low calories.
The dips that I did last time were really the culprit in my estimation.

traction bands

incline db bench: warmup, 65x6, 6, 6
Not terrible. Need to warmup more; the left shoulder was slightly tweaked.

cable crossover (30s rest): 60x10, 10, 10
Meh, tired.

rope pulldown: 90x8, 8, 8
Not too bad.

That's it. The volume is low, but I don't have the energy for high-volume workouts.

galileo
09-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Woosh.

galileo
09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
09.25.2009. - This month is going by ****ing fast.

I can't believe how fast this month is cruising along. It's nice in some way, but I really want more time to cut before vacation.

This morning I woke up, weight was at 191.5 and my pinches ended up at around 15.75%. Down about 10lbs o' fat mass by caliper measurement. I know you've already lost interest because I"m not 5% yet, but I'm working on it. Still on track to hit around 10% by 3-site at the beginning of November. At that size, I'll look about 12-13%, which is good enough for a remote island beach.

I'm tired, but the refeed is pretty awesome. Made my turkey lasagna, which was a bit more dry than I'd like it to be. Next time, I'll add some more marinara sauce to try to juice it up a bit. I'm going to make something sweet here in a bit...perhaps some froyo or something.

.workout.
I haven't missed a workout yet. That is amazing.

traction band fun

good mornings: barx12
Just did these to get a feel. People always look at me like I'm doing squats wrong. **** them AND their opinion.

cable pull-throughs: 90x8, 8, 8
These felt nice.

hamstring curls: 45x6, 80x6, 100x6, 6, 6
Nice.

seated calf raise: 100x8, 8, 8
Nothing too crazy.

Another weak, low-energy hamstring workout. Yesssss. I think I need a new weightlifting routine. Suggest one please.

LuNa
09-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Good work dude. This month is deffinitely going fast. I was surprised when i saw the first christmas decorations arise in the shops. Cant believe its almost holiday season again.

Keep it up!

galileo
09-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Good work dude. This month is deffinitely going fast. I was surprised when i saw the first christmas decorations arise in the shops. Cant believe its almost holiday season again.

Keep it up!

This whole year blew by with the amount of work I've had to do. I hope my entire life doesn't turn into this...

galileo
09-26-2009, 06:14 AM
.quick update.

I had to jump on to post this - I woke up this morning feeling fairly dry, so I did my measurements. 191.5, ab: 15, pec: 12 ,and quad 22. That's a 3-site of 14.8%. I have no idea how it got down here, but I will absolutely take it. For a sanity check, I measured my waist (umbilicus) and it was down from 37" to 36". To add to it all, my lower back wasn't stiff the slightest bit this morning. Is today teh magiks?

cphafner
09-26-2009, 10:08 AM
great job on the improved numbers Gal.

galileo
09-26-2009, 11:37 AM
great job on the improved numbers Gal.

Thanks c0nn0r. I received a sudden burst of confidence with these numbers. I'm finally confident that I can get sub 10 numbers by November.

cphafner
09-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks c0nn0r. I received a sudden burst of confidence with these numbers. I'm finally confident that I can get sub 10 numbers by November.

I have no doubt you can.

galileo
09-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I was having a few friends over last night, so I opted for a normal, low-calorie day - pushing my PSMF to today. I under-did it by a lot. I had a light yogurt, bagel + 2 organic eggs, and two all beef hot dogs. That's about 1000 calories. 3 crown royals added 300 calories, making the day very painfully shy of food. I won't make that mistake again, I just assumed there were more calories in the foods I did eat I suppose.

Today was straight PSMF. So far, up to 165g of protein. One scoop of protein before bed should finish me out. Clothing is continuing to fit better and I'm where I should be to carry on to the end. Go me.

LuNa
09-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I was having a few friends over last night, so I opted for a normal, low-calorie day - pushing my PSMF to today. I under-did it by a lot. I had a light yogurt, bagel + 2 organic eggs, and two all beef hot dogs. That's about 1000 calories. 3 crown royals added 300 calories, making the day very painfully shy of food. I won't make that mistake again, I just assumed there were more calories in the foods I did eat I suppose.

Today was straight PSMF. So far, up to 165g of protein. One scoop of protein before bed should finish me out. Clothing is continuing to fit better and I'm where I should be to carry on to the end. Go me.

Would you mind explaining more on how your current diet looks like. I remember you posting the outline of it a while back but i was just wondering how your days look like food wise. Basically i want to know how i can be leaner than you :evillaugh:

galileo
09-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Would you mind explaining more on how your current diet looks like. I remember you posting the outline of it a while back but i was just wondering how your days look like food wise. Basically i want to know how i can be leaner than you :evillaugh:

Go back a few posts where I reference rapid recomposition. It will help.

My "no workout" day is all protein. Nitrean, turkey, chicken, shrimp, raw fish.
My "workout" day is all protein until my workout. Then, typically, low-sugar oatmeal, 25g whey/30g dextrose (during workout), then about 2000 calories of protein/carb based meals until bed.

galileo
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
.09.28.2009. - Weird day, awesome day.

Today was weird and awesome. First, I woke up and my weight was down to 191. I'll take it! My caliper measurements were in the same range, but after a day of PSMF I never seem to drop...it's usually after the carb-up where I see some changes. Next, I've had actual energy all day long. Very odd given the last few days of poor caloric intake. I had a 2 scoop Nitrean shake for breakfast (with various pills) and then at about 1:30 I had some low-sugar oatmeal. It was delicious.

My Director let me out early today to go workout and get home. I put in some extra time this weekend, so now I get to chill. I may play drums for a bit next and then get my dinner.

For dinner tonight, my fiancee is making me a 9.6oz cut of filet mignon, a crab-stuffed portabella mushroom, asparagus, and a pumpkin roll. You know how ****ing exciting that is? I'm already up to about 210g of protein with this, so I can load up on some carbs and really nail this refeed.

Shirts are fitting better. I look human again. Yesssss.
.workout.

I had a lot of energy for the workout. Felt great. I didn't do anything spectacular, but I felt productive.

traction bands

neutral chinups: bw x5
I was about 196 in clothes. Still not strong enough to do these by themselves.

pronated lat pulldowns: #6x3, #8x5, #10x6, 6, 6
These felt good. A lot of recruitment on these sets.

neutral rows: warms, #11x6, 6, 6
Another set that felt solid.

db shrugs: 65x5, 80x5, 90x8, 95x8, 8
These were good. I had to wait too long between sets because there were 5 guys hanging out around the db rack.

Not too bad for a back day, all things considered. I am looking forward to some filet action.

galileo
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs240.snc1/8724_141986223289_608528289_2519282_639975_n.jpg

Surf, turf, and earf.

JustinF
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs240.snc1/8724_141986223289_608528289_2519282_639975_n.jpg

Surf, turf, and earf.

:drooling:

LuNa
09-29-2009, 06:01 AM
That looks amazing!

Thanks for the info on the diet, i reread that other post and it makes more sense now.

JustinF
09-29-2009, 10:40 AM
How's the pinches this morning?

galileo
09-29-2009, 06:26 PM
That looks amazing!

Thanks for the info on the diet, i reread that other post and it makes more sense now.

Great. Any questions, feel free to ask.

How's the pinches this morning?

190lbs, pinches down another 0.5mm ab, maybe 1 pec.

Mik
09-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice progress as usual Gal. Amazing the way you are able to recomp when you set your sights on it.

That diner looked gawdawful tasty!

JSully
09-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Surf, turf, and earf.

WTF is this?

you need at LEAST 2 more steaks on there..

galileo
09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Nice progress as usual Gal. Amazing the way you are able to recomp when you set your sights on it.

That diner looked gawdawful tasty!

My dinner was amazing. I was stuffed.

WTF is this?

you need at LEAST 2 more steaks on there..

I had nearly 230g of protein, I was more than good. I'm still on a cut!

JustinF
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
:windup:
Where's the updates, slacker?

galileo
10-01-2009, 06:31 PM
.10.01.2009. - October? Really?

Yeah, I am a slacker.

I forgot my workout shoes (2nd time) yesterday and came home doing db work to make the best of it. Lunges and front squats. My legs hurt today, so I suppose they worked.

My refeed amounted to about: 2300 kcal, 39f, 286c, 191p

Two turkey burgers on whole wheat buns, 2 bagels w/ ff cream cheese and jam, 30oz of milk, some awesome pumpkin rolls.

This morning, I looked in the mirror and said, "Woooooooo!" Ribs. That's a great indicator of progress for me. My pinches were in the neighboorhood of 14, 10, and 20.5~ putting me around 190 @ 13.5%. I will not complain about the progress thus far.

3 weeks in, 194 @ 20.69 by caliper to 190 @ 13.5 by caliper. +10lbm, -14.5 fat.

Calipers for me are always low by 2-3%, so I think I'm about 15% right now and this morning I looked it. I still wonder how I'm 190. I certainly don't feel 190 when compared to how I used to look. I believe I still haven't started really dropping the VAT, which keeps my waist a little bigger than I'd like.

PSMF today, protein shakes, chicken, and turkey. Yay.

Clifford Gillmore
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Eeeeew, ribs!

borracho
10-02-2009, 03:35 PM
.10.01.2009. - October? Really?

3 weeks in, 194 @ 20.69 by caliper to 190 @ 13.5 by caliper. +10lbm, -14.5 fat.

wtf??? That is crazy. Awesome work man.

galileo
10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
.quick.

My weight hit 189 this morning, didn't bother to clip...depleted.

Went to the gym, did some fun things.

traction bands

incline db press: 35x5, 45x5, 55x3, 65x8, 65x8

cable bench flyes (30 seconds rest): 20x10, 10, 10

hang cleans: 45x5, 90x5, 90x5

more traction bands, stretching

Refeed, penguins, wooooooooo!

I'm hoping to be in the high 12's next week.

galileo
10-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Eeeeew, ribs!

Not ew, yay. Yay.

wtf??? That is crazy. Awesome work man.

Thanks borracho. The diet is very solid. When I first started cutting years ago, I never got results like this, ever. I learned that my better cuts had some shade of carb cycling in them. So, I found my pinnacle in EOD PSMF with reasonable refeeds every other day. Keeps my leptin high, lbm sticks around, etc.

The weight swap was a lot of water, blood, and some muscle memory. When I go on creatine (once I get below 12%), I'll bloat a bit and likely add +5lbs onto my weight. Either way, my pinches have cruised on down and my weight is slowly adjusting.

I hope all of the weight drops will be from VAT, as that seems to be where my excess pounds are being harbored.

galileo
10-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Yesterday I ate mild most of the day. A few eggs, a protein shake, then I went to a tapas place and had a big piece of salmon in some tomato cream sauce (very small amount, actually) and some asparagus. I did have 4 beers and a half bottle of wine, however. That alone was around 950 calories. I also had a half of a creme brulee, which was fairly small. Based on my calculations, I think I hit about 2500 calories. I am proud of my selections for everything but the alcohol. I didn't even eat the potatoes that came with the meal.

My main dilemma for today is that I was invited to go to the Steeler game in Pittsburgh, so I won't be able to PSMF. I'm up in PA and away from all of my supplies. So, I'll do my best to keep my calories down and try to eat protein and avoid fried crap. I will even try to avoid beer, but we'll see. Tomorrow I'll PSMF early and take a late workout with a very small refeed. Just the post-workout meal and that's it. Then I'll carry on and I should have regained weight loss by Wednesday's session.

Yesterday morning I was 190.5, still pinching 13.5%.

cphafner
10-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Be hardcore. Work out in your work shoes! Or even better, bear foot.

Skipping on the beers is tough. I couldn't do it friday either...

galileo
10-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Be hardcore. Work out in your work shoes! Or even better, bear foot.

Skipping on the beers is tough. I couldn't do it friday either...

That would definitely be hardcore. I doubt doing hang cleans in slick bottoms would result in anything shy of major injury, however.

It's definitely tough to pass up the beer, especially in situations where others are loading up. The fortunate thing is, the beer @ the game will likely be horrid and "lite".

LuNa
10-05-2009, 01:42 AM
That would definitely be hardcore. I doubt doing hang cleans in slick bottoms would result in anything shy of major injury, however.

It's definitely tough to pass up the beer, especially in situations where others are loading up. The fortunate thing is, the beer @ the game will likely be horrid and "lite".

I had beer this weekend aswell, men its sooooo good. Enjoy the game.

galileo
10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I had beer this weekend aswell, men its sooooo good. Enjoy the game.

Beer? I had...2 miller lite, 2 redbull+vodka, 1 shot blue ****, 1 shot jager, 1 yuengling, 3 crown n' sprite, and 1 kahlua.

Today I was up to 193 on the scale, lol. I assume it's mostly water, I didn't eat all that much. I look like crap and feel like crap, but I should be able to recover within a few days. It likely set me back a little though.

It was very much worth it. I got to sit in the executive box seats. The CEO of the company actually came in and watched the game with us. Quite the experience.

I'm hungry, but this chicken isn't satisfying me one bit. It'll take another day or so to get the "feel" for low carbs back, I'm afraid. I was doing so well...

LuNa
10-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Beer? I had...2 miller lite, 2 redbull+vodka, 1 shot blue ****, 1 shot jager, 1 yuengling, 3 crown n' sprite, and 1 kahlua.

Today I was up to 193 on the scale, lol. I assume it's mostly water, I didn't eat all that much. I look like crap and feel like crap, but I should be able to recover within a few days. It likely set me back a little though.

It was very much worth it. I got to sit in the executive box seats. The CEO of the company actually came in and watched the game with us. Quite the experience.

I'm hungry, but this chicken isn't satisfying me one bit. It'll take another day or so to get the "feel" for low carbs back, I'm afraid. I was doing so well...

You still have to enjoy yourself sometimes though. Before you know it you are doing well again, probably even better.

galileo
10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
You still have to enjoy yourself sometimes though. Before you know it you are doing well again, probably even better.

Yeah, I am back down to it. I held a lot of water, that's all. My body isn't used to all of that sodium. I did a cursory pinch'n and I was down a little all around (~13.3). Tomorrow I should "woosh" if all goes well and I'll get some good results.

galileo
10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
.10.06.2009. - *yawn*

This refeed has become painful, so my entry is going to be weaaaak.

The game was awesome, ate too much and drank too much. Felt like crap, so I pushed my workout schedule by another day. Unreal though, got to sit with the CEO and watch the Steelers kill the Chargers.

I did some lower work today, tried to do some squatting. I feel all right, but tomorrow morning is the true test. I think my form was quite solid and I kept my weight low to rebuild those lower back muscles.

full squat: 95x5, 145x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
seated calf raise: 105x5, 5, 5
seated leg extension: #8x10, 10, 10, 10

Yesss.

LuNa
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I have been reading up on your RR. It looks pretty good. Im going to keep watching you for the coming weeks and then steal your ideas to become leaner than you! :ninja:

galileo
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
189.5 @ 13% (ab: 12.5, pec: 10.5, quad: 20)

JSully
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
down 1/2%, not bad for a ****ty refeed..

galileo
10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
down 1/2%, not bad for a ****ty refeed..

Not at all. I still looked better on Sunday morning, but I'm holding water in odd spots. My suprailiac dropped a few over the week though (was lagging), so I need to keep my head up.

Thought I owed you guys some diet goodness.

2 scoops of Nitrean
2 scoops of Nitrean
125-150g chicken
8oz roast beef

10g fish oil, multi, 1200mg red yeast rice, 1g C, and 800IU E makes you think you're being stalked.

<1k, enough protein. Good deal.

galileo
10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Lat pulldowns, snatches, and power cleans. Yay back day.

galileo
10-10-2009, 04:45 PM
.10.10.2009. - Hrrmph

Last night I had a great PSMF meal. I went to my fiancee's restaurant and snagged some pepper steak cooked with no oil, only soy sauce and white pepper. It was fantastic. Likely about 80g of protein in the large, plus a few green peppers and onions to boot. Delicious.

So, I'm leaning up here and that's nice. One thing is way different this time than before, however. I really think a bigger portion of my fat weight is VAT. The TV tells me that stress causes cortisol, cortisol causes VAT. Could it be true? Only Glenn Beck (TV GURU) knows the answer, I fear. My pinches are all dropping very steadily, but my waist (@ umbilicus) is only down to 36" (I expect lower, I guess). Checking my old numbers [Bodyfat: 10.2% (Pecs: 5mm, Abs: 11mm, Quads: 19mm) - waist 34.5"], I wanted a bit more.
I think my morning measurements yesterday showed a nice drop in pec (8.5), small ab drop (12), quad about the same (20). So, around 189.5 @ 12.25 by 3-site. Obviously discredited greatly by the girth of what's behind my abdomen. I also have the option of intestinal bulk to consider, because let's face it - my fiber intake isn't exactly on par with a vegan, specifically on this diet.

I had to fire some idiot this week. He started the Wedneday before last, where he arrived at work around 9:30. We explained to him that the work day started at 8:00 and he said he'd get in earlier the next day. He did...30 minutes earlier. So, again another conversation and empty promises. Friday 9:45. At this point, everyone is pissed. The next week we told him 8 on the nose every day, or he's done. The closest he ever got was 8:25, even having a few more over 9. This past week I was very determined to end him. We even set a rule that if he came in after 8, he'd get 4hrs pay for the day and if he didn't work the full 8hrs, he was fired on the spot. He still went 0 for 5. After a total of 13 days unable to make it to work at a reasonable time, riddled with excuses, it was finally time to let his ass go. Yeah, I feel for him and the "two car accidents" he had in the last 13 days, but holy **** we need someone there who can produce. I ain't rowin' this mother****er alone.

Four weeks to go before my vacation. On track for 8% by 3-site, which is great. Still not a true 8%, but likly a true 12%, which is fantastic.

I did some hamstring work today, but nothing much. Just some SLDL and random other items. Fun.

Meat_Head
10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
.10.06.2009. - *yawn*
full squat: 95x5, 145x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
seated calf raise: 105x5, 5, 5
seated leg extension: #8x10, 10, 10, 10

Yesss.[/INDENT]

Wahoo squats :indian: :clap: :evillaugh:

Clifford Gillmore
10-10-2009, 11:47 PM
The cortisol and VAT thing concerns me, you don't strike me as a person who undergoes that much stress - forgive me if you do.

Hour and half late on the first day? **** me, I've been fired for working too much - ****ing top that.

LuNa
10-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Nice job skinny. I have been reading through your journal (yes, im a stalker) and there was enough to be stressed about. Hopefully this time around you can release it and de-stress so to say.

galileo
10-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Wahoo squats :indian: :clap: :evillaugh:

I know, amazing right? Easing back in.

The cortisol and VAT thing concerns me, you don't strike me as a person who undergoes that much stress - forgive me if you do.

Hour and half late on the first day? **** me, I've been fired for working too much - ****ing top that.

At the point in which I was putting on weight I was concerned about my career, was having a lot of personal issues, had insane heartburn non-stop, was working 80hrs a week, and had no outlet for any of it. So, yeah I was a bit stressed...that also accounts for the drop in muscle over this year. Up until now I've been able to hold the muscle regardless of the length of my breaks. This time, not so much.

That's pretty impressive to get fired for working too much. We don't have that issue...salaried, no overtime pay.

Nice job skinny. I have been reading through your journal (yes, im a stalker) and there was enough to be stressed about. Hopefully this time around you can release it and de-stress so to say.

Just imagine what I don't put in here, lol.

Looking better this morning, even after a horrible refeed yesterday. Pinches seem to be a hair smaller and can see additional ribs. My suprailiac dropped a good bit this past week; it was holding strong up in the high teens, now it's fallen down close to my ab pinch.

David Cross was awesome. That is all.

tomv
10-11-2009, 12:06 PM
David Cross was awesome. That is all.

You got to see David Cross perform live?! Lucky bugger, he's one of my favourite stand-ups of all time.

cphafner
10-11-2009, 12:29 PM
How's your back holding up.

No excuse for a grown man being late every day.

galileo
10-11-2009, 12:55 PM
You got to see David Cross perform live?! Lucky bugger, he's one of my favourite stand-ups of all time.

Yeah, he came to town this weekend. A recruiter trying to get my business gave me two tickets.

How's your back holding up.

No excuse for a grown man being late every day.

The back's actually feeling good. I looked through my old journal points where my back started hurting and there are two major differences.

- I wasn't wearing orthotics to correct my leg length discrepancy.
- I went from 95 to 135 to 200+ in a few workouts, like an idiot. The plan this time is 5lb increments, tops, over months to increase lower back strength. When I was at my strongest I had no back issues whatsoever and I really think it was because I worked up to it. 145->225 should take me 4 months, not 4 workouts. I have to let my sacrum dictate my leg progress, unfortunately.

galileo
10-12-2009, 07:51 PM
.10.12.2009. Mmm, steak night.

Yeah, delicious steak night! Family came over and we had filet mignon, crab-stuffed portabellas, asparagus, and creme brulee. Fantastic. My uncle was up from Florida, so we had dinner with him and my parents. It was definitely a great dinner and nice to see my family again.

Did some chest day, was progress, but still meh.

incline db press: 35x12, 45x5, 60x5, 70x5, 5, 5
I was considering 5x5 with the 70, but I knew I was spent. My shoulders were feeling unstable. I am a pussy who uses girl weights.

incline db flyes (30s rest): 25x10, 10, 10, 10
I can bump these to 30 next time. Pusssssssy.

rope pulldowns: 130x5, 5, 5
Wow, these were pretty rough. The last set burned. Pu...

ssy.

That was fun. I require calories.

tomv
10-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Are you coming back from an injury Gal?

Clifford Gillmore
10-13-2009, 03:12 AM

No, He's coming back from being a fat ass. Slightly different.

galileo
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM

The reason I've stopped about 80% of the time has been due to a lower back injury from which I couldn't recover. Right now, I'm recovering from about a year and a half off.

...and this.

borracho
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM

:D

I know you think the DB presses were light but 70lb'ers are not bad at all on an incline...glad to see you're still sticking with it.

galileo
10-14-2009, 05:21 PM

I know you think the DB presses were light but 70lb'ers are not bad at all on an incline...glad to see you're still sticking with it.

Thanks man. It's hard to get over "back in the day" numbers. Very hard, in fact. I know how long it took to get there before, so that's painful. Muscle memory...gogogo.

galileo
10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
.10.14.2009. - *sigh*

Work's been coming down on me like a ton of bricks. Painful, painful bricks.

full squat: 45x10, 95x5, 135x3, 150x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
These felt good, I was pretty exhausted afterward...just didn't have the mental energy today. Another slow increment, so hoping my back will continue to strengthen to the movement.

I was out of time, so I left afterward. This should be sufficient for quad day, though.

borracho
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks man. It's hard to get over "back in the day" numbers. Very hard, in fact. I know how long it took to get there before, so that's painful. Muscle memory...gogogo.

I've been waiting for muscle memory to kick in on my squat and DL...and it aint happening.

You're doing the right thing by taking it super slow on squats...thats what I need to do for squats and DLs...I've just been too pig headed (thinking of the back in the day numbers) to do it.

tomv
10-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Work sounds like it's pretty intense for you mate, what line of work are you in? (if you don't mind me asking).

galileo
10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
I've been waiting for muscle memory to kick in on my squat and DL...and it aint happening.

You're doing the right thing by taking it super slow on squats...thats what I need to do for squats and DLs...I've just been too pig headed (thinking of the back in the day numbers) to do it.

With the cutting I'm doing, there's seems to be no such thing as muscle memory. Once I start bulking a little, then I'm hoping to catch up on a little strength.

Work sounds like it's pretty intense for you mate, what line of work are you in? (if you don't mind me asking).

I am an IT Program Manager for a large pharma. Our main project is sponsored by the COO/President, so it's always high-pressure.

galileo
10-15-2009, 07:07 PM
.10.15.2009. It's been like, 5 weeks?

Cutting is one of those experiences that is like a good relationship. It feels like it's been going on forever, but when you count out the days you wonder where all of the time went. I am anxious to get this over with, but I know I need to be patient and wait it out. I should really push forward with the cut until February to get fully leaned out. I believe getting rid of old fat is a good practice. We'll see how things go.

My morning weight today was about 191. I did a weight measurement and I was down a little, around 35.75". When I took my pinches, they were a little varied, but I believe they settled in around 11.5% (8mm, 11mm, 19mm). When I put on my pants, I was surprised to find that my belt was down another notch. Yesss. A little more upper ab outline and some rib action. One big change was on my suprailiac, which is 14mm right now. Last week it was around 18mm and held strong. Still feel a bit bloated, but my body isn't quite adjusted to all of the additional protein just yet. The fiancee commented on my chest leaning out a bit, which is nice. Definitely a trouble spot, still needs a big drop to make a difference. Always surprised to see my weight remain the same, but my body dances around weight loss every time. I started creatine last week too, so a few lbs from that.

Food today: 2 scoops Nitrean, 8oz chicken, 8oz turkey, and 2 more scoops of Nitrean. A little under 1k, mostly protein.

Very tired. Until tomorrow...

LuNa
10-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice work Gal. Great to hear that everything is still on track. I wish things would go as fast for me as they seem to go for you :p.

galileo
10-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Nice work Gal. Great to hear that everything is still on track. I wish things would go as fast for me as they seem to go for you :p.

Have you tried different diet styles to figure out what works for you? I recommend carb cycling of any variety, seems to work without fail.

galileo
10-16-2009, 05:29 PM
.10.16.2009. - I wish it was like....2001 or 2012

This morning I felt a little bloated. Not sure if it was the creatine or what, but I was holding at 191.5. I did eat about 1lb of turkey/chicken combined so I imagine it was some of that. Didn't bother with the calipers, but I looked about the same. I'm waiting on a woosh...should happen soon.

Did a small back workout. Opted not to do anything to aggravate my lower back. It didn't feel sore at all until today (slept on it no problem last night), so I'm thinking it may be the DOMS that has also crushed my legs. It's a little localized to the right, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

lat pulldown: 138.5x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Not really...it's whatever the machine thinks 138.5 was.

neutral row: 156x5, 5, 5, 144x5
I couldn't do 5 sets, was too out of it. Jumped up the weight a little though, which was good enough for me.

I didn't overdo it, but I got enough sets in for the back. I'm friggen tired.

Unholy
10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Keep it up man. I can't wait to see what another few months of this does for you!!!

LuNa
10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Have you tried different diet styles to figure out what works for you? I recommend carb cycling of any variety, seems to work without fail.

I have tried the following two seeing as this is my first serious cut and i have only been doing it for 10 weeks:
Moderate fat, moderate carbs, high protein: similar to Unholy's diet
Carb cycling

The first one worked the best. Carb cycling lead to much smaller losses and i found myself not loosing any weight after Wednesday. This was my cycle:
Monday: High
Tuesday: No
Wednesday: Low
Thursday: No
Friday: High
Saturday: Low
Sunday: Low

I went back to my moderation diet and lost 4.5 pounds this week. This feels better as well, its less work basically. Dont know, im so new to this that i have no idea what to look for, except for a change on the scale and mirror.

Keep up the great work Gal!

galileo
10-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I have tried the following two seeing as this is my first serious cut and i have only been doing it for 10 weeks:
Moderate fat, moderate carbs, high protein: similar to Unholy's diet
Carb cycling

The first one worked the best. Carb cycling lead to much smaller losses and i found myself not loosing any weight after Wednesday. This was my cycle:
Monday: High
Tuesday: No
Wednesday: Low
Thursday: No
Friday: High
Saturday: Low
Sunday: Low

I went back to my moderation diet and lost 4.5 pounds this week. This feels better as well, its less work basically. Dont know, im so new to this that i have no idea what to look for, except for a change on the scale and mirror.

Keep up the great work Gal!

The issue with carb cycling is that your perceived weight loss vs. bodyfat loss can be vastly different. Look at me for example - I've only lost a few lbs by the scale, but my calipers are showing tremendous progress. I don't skimp on the pinches, I wouldn't bother cheating myself. There's no way one could lose 3lbs and go from a size 40" gut to 35.5" with ribs showing, particularly with the deficit that I've put myself in calorically.

My point is basically, make sure you're defining losses by more than scale weight. Every carb cycle I've ever been on has yielded this as a result. Every straight diet I've been on (even with refeeds) yielded a lot more scale weight lost per lb, with similar bodyfat drops (based on caloric deficit).

However, if a straight diet is more maintainable for you, by all means keep on it. Consistency is 95% of any diet. No point on having a "perfect" diet if you can't stick to it.

For me, carb cycling allows me to get into deeper deficits more comfortably. I am rarely too hungry on my PSMF days and I can't stuff my face enough on the carb-up day to get anywhere close to a surplus (disclaimer: Keeping your fats lowish will make this assertion far more accurate)

galileo
10-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Keep it up man. I can't wait to see what another few months of this does for you!!!

Thanks Paul. I'm committed to seeing this out to the end. I'm just hoping that my back strengthens as it needs to in order to keep progressing in the ways that I'd like.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are opposing my goals this year...need to be strong throughout.

LuNa
10-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Thats a really good point you are making. I guess it would be better if i had some calipers as well. The only thing i am going by at the moment is the scale, pics and the weight on the bar.

It will be interesting to see what happens in about 8 weeks. Its a process of trying stuff out and seeing what works best.

Christmas is going to be hard, but the effort and dedication you have shown recently you should be good. It might be a nice little reward for yourself as well.

galileo
10-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Thats a really good point you are making. I guess it would be better if i had some calipers as well. The only thing i am going by at the moment is the scale, pics and the weight on the bar.

It will be interesting to see what happens in about 8 weeks. Its a process of trying stuff out and seeing what works best.

Christmas is going to be hard, but the effort and dedication you have shown recently you should be good. It might be a nice little reward for yourself as well.

I take it easy on the weekends, so the diet isn't too difficult to maintain. I just need to avoid Christmas cookies. My sweet tooth has dissipated quite a bit, so I hope that I can persist.

Steelers game...wooo!

Going to walk on the treadmill for about an hour today to keep things moving. Tomorrow is supposed to be hamstring day, but I think I may try skip to chest day because my legs and lower back were sore up until last night. My lower back doesn't hurt today, so that's good news. Chiropractor this week.

galileo
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
.10.18.2009. - Cardiwho?

Just did 30 minutes of 3.5° @ 3.2mph SS cardio on the treadmill here. It said 200kcal burned, which I'll take at face value and enjoy some sushi tonight. I looove Sushi Sunday. I am hungry as **** right now (carbs do that do me).

There's been good reviews/hype around trueprotein.com for quite some time now, so I feel it's about time I gave them a try. I ordered myself up some Premium Dutch Chocolate Fudge (100% MPI) and Very Berry Strawberry (34% wpi/33% casein/33% egg white) to carry out the rest of my cut. Two pounds of each. I need to have protein in different locations (work, home, fiancee's) and I'm about out of Nitrean (only have it @ work now) - so it's good timing.

Steelers won. Not an impressive victory, but a solid one. This Ravens/Vikings match-up is very tense. Great football as a non-fan of both teams. I have to push for the Vikings though, obviously. (They just won).

My back feels great today, although yesterday it was a little tweaked. I think it was because I sat in a recliner for too long or some ****. I'm excited about that - no doubt.

Tentatively 3 weeks until I leave on vacation. Tomorrow morning I'll take some measurements, see where I am, then dial it the **** in.

cphafner
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
sounds like you have a smart progression plan for the back. Keep it up Gal.

galileo
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
sounds like you have a smart progression plan for the back. Keep it up Gal.

So far, so good.

galileo
10-19-2009, 10:11 AM
.10.19.2009. - Quick Update

The first pinch I did this morning stifled me a bit - twas my lower ab and it didn't budge. Still hovering about 11, maybe 12 depending on the spot. The pec was about the same as before at 8. My quad however, dropped down to 17, which was a 2mm drop. Very nice. This puts me in the low to mid 11% range by 3-site. I'm leaning up more on the upper abs, but my lower chest isn't dropping the way I'd like, so I'm in a phase where I don't look as aesthetic as I'd like. A few weeks should change that. My waist @ umbilicus was a little under 35.5" and at the waistline 35". Weight remained 191.5lbs. Need to remain focused.

Today, doing the PSMF straight, since this weekend I ate low-calorie, but "off" in terms of content. That'll give my back one more day and I'll persist with the hams tomorrow. I may do a 30-40 minute walk this evening, depending on how I feel and what I have to get done here.

Bravo
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Carb-cycling? Is that some kind of cycle of roids?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. So are you doing a mixture of carb-cycling and IF?

galileo
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Carb-cycling? Is that some kind of cycle of roids?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. So are you doing a mixture of carb-cycling and IF?

I wish it were...then this would be a lot easier. PSMF straight through, no muscle loss and a side of strength.

I am doing a flavor of IF that is PSMF for about 1.5 days, then 0.5 day refeed (to failure). I average about 2lbs/week in caloric deficit with this style.

Mik
10-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Nice work skinny.

galileo
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice work skinny.

Thanks...

galileo
10-21-2009, 08:12 PM
.10.21.2009. - Hmmm

**** my hamstrings are sore. ****.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a weight of 188lbs. I urinated like mad on Monday and the water just peeled off of me. My ab pinch has been resisting a drop, but my waist measured 35" that morning. I appear a little leaner on average, but I feel I need to step it up a bit. Perhaps morning cardio w/ YHCL on non-leg days is the way to go.

Last night I went to see the Cavaliers and Mavericks play. This was my first NBA game and I have to say...it's like a giant ****ing circus. Breakdancing, acrobatics, people in dog outfits, and hip hop. It was like Cirque Du Soleil decided to do a Kool and the Gang tribute. Basketball? There was very little basketball.

While I was out, I ate some kung pao chicken and black pepper beef. If was awesome, but I likely came up short on calories for the day.

Tomorrow is chest day. Yaaaay. I'm excited for a clean refeed.

borracho
10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
The kung pao chicken sounds awesome..the game....eh...I am sure it was an experience.

Where are the workouts?!

galileo
10-22-2009, 08:20 PM
The kung pao chicken sounds awesome..the game....eh...I am sure it was an experience.

Where are the workouts?!

It was quite interesting.

I guess I forgot to post my hamstring day. It went like this -

lying hamstring curls: 45x8, 90x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
db sldl: 55sx5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Today's chest-focus day was like

db bench: warms, 75x5, 5, 5
neutral chins: +0x5, 5, 5
dips: +0x5, +10x5, 5

I got sick from the WPI...it's kinda "expired" by a few months, think it might be time to toss it. Threw up maybe an oz or two of liquid...not too much. I was quite angry about this, so I punched a homeless girl.

tomv
10-23-2009, 03:39 AM
I got sick from the WPI...it's kinda "expired" by a few months, think it might be time to toss it. Threw up maybe an oz or two of liquid...not too much. I was quite angry about this, so I punched a homeless girl.

Just a regular occurence ay mate? :P

galileo
10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Just a regular occurence ay mate? :P

In my weight lifting career, supplements have caused me to vomit a total of 7 times. 3 from green tea extract, 2 from a multivitamin, 1 from an expired zinc, and yesterday's whey incident.

Mik
10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
so I punched a homeless girl.

Glad to see you getting some cardio in.

galileo
10-23-2009, 06:17 PM
.10.23.2009. - Errrrrr

Not sure what's happening, but it feels like I'm stalling a bit. My rate of loss has almost certainly slowed and so far my best guess is that I have not been refeeding to the degree in which I should. My weight this morning was 189.5 (still holding a little water), all pinches were about the same, and my waist measurement was still in the 35.25~ range with variance accounted for with intestinal bulk. I have to go back through and see where I stalled before, but I'm not sure I stalled this early. I can guess that due to my higher start point, I have had more ground to make up and a lot quicker.

So, the plan for tomorrow is a large refeed. Protein @ 1g/lb, carbs aimed at 400g-500g, fat as low as possible. I'll start earlier in the day as to give myself time to get through it. My back is still a little sore from hams day...hope that's not the case in the afternoon. I'd like to get in a solid leg day before tomorrow's carb load. After that, I'll be adding some cardio on certain days to augment my loss.

Finally got a replacement for that douchebag I fired a few weeks back. He seems solid. Let's hope...

galileo
10-24-2009, 04:08 PM
.10.24.2009. - reflecting.

I wanted to reflect on my progress a bit since I started. Usually typing this out helps me figure out where I stand.

bodyweight (lb): 194
bodyfat (%): 20.69
lbm (lb): 153.85
clips (mm): ab:24, pec:19, quad:27, ilia:24

Present:

bodyweight (lb): 189.5
bodyfat (%): 11% (3-site)
lbm (lb): 168.65
clips (mm): ab:11, pec:8, quad:16, ilia:14

I have found that this past week has not brought the changes I was looking to have at this point in the diet. I really expected to be moving down more steadily. I've introduced a few things to get me back on track - a weekly refeed and cardio. Next, I'll be pushing toward some ephedrine or other fat burners.

I realize those numbers are hard to digest though. My waist did drop from about 40" to 35" at the umbilicus. My strength increased, but that's merely representative of CNS stimulation. I can't really cheat myself on the calipers, I do them with consistency. The formula is likely off, but even at that...losing only 5lbs and dropping that much off of the pinches always feels too good to be true.

I have reached out to an IF expert to perhaps get some consulting on moving toward the 100% IF diet, rather than the version I am currently utilizing. I need to shake things up a bit here and that will help keep me moving toward success. My second option will be to talk with the guys Unholy or cphafner are using. I am committed to getting down to a true 8% this time and I can't let my myopic own limitations stop me.

FYI - did lunges today. My lower back was still a bit sore from the hams (as are my hams) workout, so I made the conservative decision and kept my leg workout light and non-invasive.

LuNa
10-24-2009, 04:18 PM
That is just amazing progress. Do you feel that the increased LBM is also due to you coming back from a break or is it mainly the way of dieting?

Looking at those points you mentioned in my journal should help you get back on track. Hopefully i get to see a drop next time you post :)

galileo
10-24-2009, 04:50 PM
That is just amazing progress. Do you feel that the increased LBM is also due to you coming back from a break or is it mainly the way of dieting?

Looking at those points you mentioned in my journal should help you get back on track. Hopefully i get to see a drop next time you post :)

Here is how I'd breakdown the LBM changes:
1. Water, blood, and glycogen being stored in my muscles again.
2. A few lbs due to creatine usage.
3. A few lbs due to my muscle memory bringing back some of the muscle I used to possess.

I'm still quite far, size-wise, from where I used to be so I'm hoping when I decide to put on some weight that I get back up to there or better. It's a reasonable expectation.

Thanks for the support - I'm slightly obsessive once I get onto a diet/health kick and I find myself measuring too often and getting angry by a perceived stall. I just need to push through it (and people here tend to help me keep my head on straight).

Back to food...

Clifford Gillmore
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM
(and people here tend to help me keep my head on straight).

This **** never happened, don't ****ing lie fatty!

galileo
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
This **** never happened, don't ****ing lie fatty!

Riiiight.

Yesterday kinda rocked. 3000 calories - 53g fat, 431g carbs, 223g protein...roughly 35g of fiber. I ate 80g of oats, lots of skim milk, protein pancakes, and a few bagels.

This morning I woke up full and not retaining much water. In fact, my pinches didn't raise at all, but my fat in the ab was getting squishy. I think I'm primed to lose some fat this week.

Today I'm taking it easy...the day after a refeed makes me ravenous. Going to start to aim for isocaloric @ deficit (2k) and push my PSMF tomorrow. I needed the day off anyhow...focusing on food is exhausting some days.

This week should be good...

Clifford Gillmore
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Riiiight.

Apologies, I'm just about my second job at 2:10AM - Things spew forth from my fingers at this time in the morning.

borracho
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
- Things spew forth from my fingers at this time in the morning.

****ing awesome.:D

Nice work dude...it is pretty impressive the changes you've made so far...though, I have to admit I am waiting to see what your diet changes to when you decide to start eating like a man again ( I say that cause I am jealous that you're able to stick with a diet long enough to get awesome results).

Anyhow...looking good bud, keep it up.

galileo
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Apologies, I'm just about my second job at 2:10AM - Things spew forth from my fingers at this time in the morning.

2:00am sucks.

****ing awesome.:D

Nice work dude...it is pretty impressive the changes you've made so far...though, I have to admit I am waiting to see what your diet changes to when you decide to start eating like a man again ( I say that cause I am jealous that you're able to stick with a diet long enough to get awesome results).

Anyhow...looking good bud, keep it up.

Thanks borracho.

I miss bulking so much. I saw a chicken pot pie today that I wanted to demolish. I tend to gain a ton of weight really fast, then stop though and it becomes impossible to add more weight. I'm prepared this time, so I'll do things a little different.

I think I'll be cutting until around February or so. I'll bulk on modest calories for 2 months, try to put on just ~8lbs or so, then cut down for summer.

It's sad that my best progress was in 2002. 1 year of great progress then downhill...

galileo
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Foods. I don't post enough foods for you guys, I know. Today was a bit off on the PSMF front, but low enough carb and fat not to be an issue. I'm hoping I've kickstarted my way into some drops this week. This morning my ab pinch dropped a little and was a bit squishy...I think it's coming.

- 2 scoop nitrean, 3 foc
- 2 scoop nitrean, 3 foc
- 4oz rubbery, horrible, tasteless strip steak, 200g fresh green beans, 3 foc
- 2 TrueProtein MPI (chocolate coconut)

Totals: 1138kcal, 33.g fat, 22.3g carbs [8g fiber], 185g protein

The steak was not worth it. Not at all...

I overwatered the MPI, so it didn't taste quite right. A little thin and chalky. It was all right...going to try the strawberry blend for tomorrow.

ectx
10-26-2009, 08:56 PM
looks like you still have no problem shedding bodyfat. Still, I wonder why it smells like rubbery steak and estrogen in here. I'm just sayin.

galileo
10-27-2009, 06:36 AM
looks like you still have no problem shedding bodyfat. Still, I wonder why it smells like rubbery steak and estrogen in here. I'm just sayin.

Yeah, you bring your stank witcha.

189 @ 9.98 (ab: 10, pec: 7, quad: 16)

tomv
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM
That's your BF down from last week isn't it Gal? Good work mang..

galileo
10-27-2009, 10:33 AM
That's your BF down from last week isn't it Gal? Good work mang..

Yeah, I'm down today. The refeed from Saturday was exactly what I needed.

galileo
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
.10.27.2009. - yesss

As I was saying...dropped 1mm off of both ab and pec this morning, pushing me down below a 3-site 10. That doesn't suck.

Overall today was pretty good. Food went well, workout felt nice, and I got a lot done at work. After I take a shower, I'll feel awesome. I hope the loss continues on through

.diet.

Tonight is proving to be a challenging refeed night.

So far...
- 2 scoops TP MPI/Casein/Whey blend, 1 sesamin
- 1 packet oatmeal, 1 sesamin
- 1.5 scoops TP WPI, 30g dextrose
- 56g whole wheat spaghetti, 8oz organic tomato basil sauce, 1/2lb ground turkey meatballs
Sub-Totals: 1400kcal, 33.8g fat, 102g carbs [11g fiber], 152g protein

FYI - the chocolate-orange true protein WPI is ****ing AWESOME. The other two flavors (strawberry, chocolate coconut) were I got were just "ok", but the WPI just blew me away. Perfect workout beverage. I think the reason the others weren't so good was due to the type of protein. MPI is very chalky and the strawberry was too thin with the mix.

I need to try to get about another 800 calories for the night, mostly carbs. I'm not sure what for sure, but most likely some oats, greek yogurt, milk, and some fat-free icecream.
.workout.

Today's workout felt really good. My strength wasn't amazing or anything, but all of my sets felt clean and strong. It was awesome to add weight onto the chinups. I was looking back through my journal and saw that at about 165lbs I was doing 110lb db rows. That's really painful. That's pain is akin to a cleat-footed kick to the scotum that punctures deep enough to get stuck and you have to keep jerking backwards to try to get them out, but the ****ing spikes are dug in so far that it just tears your coin purse by centimeters each and every time you pull away. Eventually you're left with what appears to be two large grapes with their skin peeled off next to a pile of hot ham barbeque.

neutral grip chins: +0x5, +5x5, 5, 5
db rows: 45x5, 65x3:3, 75x5:5, 80x5:5, 5:5, 5:5
dips (30s rest): +0x8, 8, 8

Like I said, nothing too crazy but I was happy to start adding a little weight.

galileo
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I am incredibly tired today.

borracho
10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
.......coin purse by centimeters.....

:D Stewie Griffin is the effin ****.

So, I know this does not have to do with coin purses, but it does provide a similar pain...and I think you'll appreciate it-You know the author!!!...sorta (http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125967)

galileo
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I made workouts.

full squats: 95x5, 135x3, 155x5, 5, 5
This was enough. I was short on time and I didn't want to tweak my back. Perhaps 3x5 will help my back recover quicker than a whole week.

seated calf raises: 95x5, 115x10, 10, 10
These were seated calf raises. Yep.

More when I'm not bleeding internally from overeating. Refeeds make me sad.

galileo
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Down to 188 this morning. Roughly 9.4% by caliper (pec: 7, ab: 10, quad: 14). Bought some bronkaid and caffeine this morning...took 25/200 @ about 1:00. We'll see where my tolerance is with this...I imagine I'm going to be quite tweaked the rest of the afternoon. I am now on a list of potential meth heads. Yesssss.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to have a halloween party, but I have no costume, no decorations, and my fiancée is pissed at me for one reason or another. Just like every halloween since I can recall, it is filled with angst and drama. Fun times.

galileo
10-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Oddly, 187 this morning. I didn't piss a lot yesterday, but I drank a metric asston of water. As soon as I start on the ephedrine, drinking water become compulsory. Somehow my brain thinks it'll help counteract the ephedrine in some weird way.

My inner chest looked phenomenal this morning. Complete separation between pecs that I don't remember seeing @ this % last time. However, my lower chest fat hasn't taken the comparable drop so it looks a little awkward. I'm hoping that a few more pounds will take care of that deal. I took my last dose of ec at about 6pm, then about midnight I took 400mg of hydrocodone because I couldn't sleep. Either that or the amount of water I drank could've led to some retention in spots...I can't be too sure.

I'm going to try to get a chest focused upper workout in a little later today. Since we're hosting a party, there's a chance I won't have enough done by the time I want to workout. I'm going to stay isocaloric today and account for the alcohol calories as best as I can.

galileo
11-01-2009, 10:27 AM
I believe the ballsack imagery has scared the majority of you.

galileo
11-02-2009, 05:57 PM
.11.02.2009. - It's Novembers.

So...whatup?

My weekend wasn't horrible, ate pretty reasonably for the most part. A few pieces of candy and some buffalo chicken dip, but I didn't overdo it in other ways. Don't think I made any progress or anything, but I doubt I did too much damage.

Halloween party was meh. Since moving an hour away, people don't feel like traveling far for a party. Oh well, I had a great weekend with the fiancee either way.

.diet.

I ate some MPI, packet of lower sugar oats, WPI + dextrose, 300g of chicken w/ red and green peppers, and some protein pancakes with jam. Excellent.

.workout.

db bench: 35x5, 50x5, 65x3, 80x5, 5, 5
A lil more than last week. They felt more stable though, which is a good sign. My CNS has finally figured this **** out.

neutral-grip chinups: +0x8, 8
The last rep or two of the second set were still a bit tough and required a break. I was breathing like priest chasing a naked toddler by the time I was done.

weighted dips: +15x5, 5, 5
Slowly increasing. I could've taken the first set to 10 or 12, it seemed. Next week I'll easily push up to 20.

There was this awesome dude in his 60s there with a molester-stache staring at a girl who couldn't have been 18 doing swiss ball work. It was glorious! He was decidely not hiding the fact that he was about 20 seconds from pulling out his 1/2 century-old wang and rubbing it all over the 2lb dumbbells he was curling. I imagine his thoughts went something like - "If I was her age, I would court her so hard. We would promenade until the wee hours of the morning. Her parents may be mad that she got home at 9:30pm, but it would been so worth it. She wouldn't even have known what hit her when I snuck a kiss on her cheek!" Old people. Heh.

LuNa
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
LOL! I needed a good laugh.

Good to hear you had a good weekend. The workouts seem to be getting a bit higher in intensity, which is good to see.

Waiting for updates on the pinches.

borracho
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Old guys are funny. I have a somewhat hot boss (nice ass...borderline anal looking face). Myself and a coworker were discussing this...and his statement went like this "well..she's not exactly a cull" And then he went on to tell me a cull is the runt of the litter that'd most likely get tossed to the side or have their neck snapped.

Anyway, the DB presses are on the up...good work. Sucks to see you've (already?) scared off the other visitors...you're talented..evidently.

galileo
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
LOL! I needed a good laugh.

Good to hear you had a good weekend. The workouts seem to be getting a bit higher in intensity, which is good to see.

Waiting for updates on the pinches.

It takes a bit to get accustomed to the workout routine, especially when the calories aren't very high. Now that I'm in the mode, it's far easier to get in additional volume and intensity.

Ask and ye shall receive. This morning my pec ranged between 4-6, ab between 9 and 10, quad about 14 even. This puts me around 8.9% by 3-site. My morning weight was 188.5, particularly average due to last night's refeed. I can definitely see the differences more pronounced now - my love handles were way down this morning and my back looked a lot more lean.

I took a waist measurement and at the umbilicus I was around 34.75", down 1/4. At the waistline it was steady @ 35". Interesting, but I do lose it off of the lower back last.

Old guys are funny. I have a somewhat hot boss (nice ass...borderline anal looking face). Myself and a coworker were discussing this...and his statement went like this "well..she's not exactly a cull" And then he went on to tell me a cull is the runt of the litter that'd most likely get tossed to the side or have their neck snapped.

Anyway, the DB presses are on the up...good work. Sucks to see you've (already?) scared off the other visitors...you're talented..evidently.

I recall the word cull being used often by Stephen King.

The DBs are getting a little better, but I'm not quite up to the levels I once was. Once I hit 90s, I will switch it up and move to straight bench for a bit, then I'll go back and try to cycle up the DBs into the 100s. Noting that my ****ing gym only has up to 100lb dbs, not even sure it'll be worth while.

My ability to frighten off the meek is unparalleled in most journals.

Clifford Gillmore
11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
My ability to frighten off the meek is unparalleled in most journals.

What does it mean that this is the first journal I check when I log on?

tomv
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Good to hear the fat loss is coming along Gal. You're not that scary you big jackass :P

Which part of the U.S. do you live in?

galileo
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
What does it mean that this is the first journal I check when I log on?

It means you're 99.5% as awesome as I am.

Good to hear the fat loss is coming along Gal. You're not that scary you big jackass :P

Which part of the U.S. do you live in?

lol.

I claim Pittsburgh as my region. You?

galileo
11-04-2009, 08:28 PM
.11.04.2009. - hAet

I ****ing hate my job some days. ****ing seriously, our executives consider it reasonable to declare all things as an emergency and throw weight at these issues, no matter the hour of the night. I'd like one full evening, just one, once this week. Jesus Jumping Christ, I am tired.

On the brighter side, I am 186lbs today. I'm estimating that stopping the creatine this past week, plus adding ephedrine has caused the weight to cruise down a bit. I'm jumping back on creatine though, so I may hover in this area for a few.

.diet.

I didn't get nearly enough food for the day, that's clear. I think I got enough protein, but the rest was abysmal. 1400 calories total, maybe? I couldn't get to my workout until 7p or so, leaving only a few hours to pack in a ton of food. Quit ****ing judging me.

.workout.

SLDL: warmups, 165x5, 5, 5, 5, 5
These may have been a bit heavy for the back, but we'll see.

strive hamstring curls: 90[end]x5, 5, 90[mid]x5
All right.

db shrugs: 100s x8, 8, 8
I'll be switching to barbells soon.

A nice midget approached me at the gym today and asked me a thousand questions about powerlifting. He was quite into it. He asked me for some form advice on his good mornings, so I obliged. I thought if I was nice to him, I'd get a pot of gold or something. I was wrong, of course; the lines of reality are consistently blurred in my world. He only offered to blow me.

tomv
11-05-2009, 02:16 AM
A nice midget approached me at the gym today and asked me a thousand questions about powerlifting. He was quite into it. He asked me for some form advice on his good mornings, so I obliged. I thought if I was nice to him, I'd get a pot of gold or something. I was wrong, of course; the lines of reality are consistently blurred in my world. He only offered to blow me.

That little ****er is going to have some sick levers for his lifts. Mate I hope you let him go with the blow... With their height they can get right in there, both hands, mouth and err-thang.

Sucks about your job man, why do you do it if it's so ****ed up?

I live in Sydney, Australia.

galileo
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
That little ****er is going to have some sick levers for his lifts. Mate I hope you let him go with the blow... With their height they can get right in there, both hands, mouth and err-thang.

Sucks about your job man, why do you do it if it's so ****ed up?

I live in Sydney, Australia.

It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

galileo
11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
.11.05.2009. - Maths

HAPPY 8 WEEKS wooo! I wasn't going to post much, but since it's a momentous occasion, I thought I might. So...8 weeks down and by calipers, roughly 24lbs down. By scale, around 9lbs. Arms and legs up a good bit (more on that below). Caliper bodyfat 8.7%, by mirror perhaps mid 12s. My torso is definitely leaning up. I think I need to lose about 10lbs to get where I want to be by mirror. I definitely have the will to keep going, so it should totally happen. I may even post a picture or two soon. The "befores" will appall you.

A couple months back when I decided to get back into training, I found a tape measure and did a once over on myself. I was a little perturbed and mildly depressed to find my measurements were smaller than I'd hoped. Not too unexpected though, considering the time off...just sad. The last month has added some size back on to most of my measurements, which is pretty good. This morning I decided to pull out the measure and take some progress markers and I realized that the 0 marker was NOT where I was measuring from originally, rather 0.5" shallow. So, turns out that my arms are still 15" and my legs are 24" and my ego is a little less shattered. For my height, I can't complain. It makes the road ahead feel a lot less futile.

Yesterday was too low on the cal front. Today's hunger was ravishing. The ephedrine/caffeine (25/200) officially does zilch for my hunger. I don't want to start giving up muscle either.

I had 4 scoops of MPI and 340g of grilled chicken today. It was not exactly "delicious", but 200g of protein said I did fine.

cphafner
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
good job on the fat loss gal!

Clifford Gillmore
11-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I typed out something inspirational and congratulatory, but then WBBs server decided to stop communicating. Yeeeaaah!

LuNa
11-05-2009, 09:30 PM
So, turns out that my arms are still 15" and my legs are 24" and my ego is a little less shattered.

LIES! How can i possible weigh a ton more than you and still have the same size arms. I hate my body :(.

Great work! Im looking forward to the pictures in a non-sexual manner of course. Well slight...

borracho
11-06-2009, 03:53 PM
hey hey hey!! You two need to stop the flirting IMMEDIATELY! I am getting semi-jealous.

Great work on the fat loss..I am in awe.

galileo
11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
good job on the fat loss gal!

Thanks! I'm glad that at my advanced age, I can still pull it off.

I typed out something inspirational and congratulatory, but then WBBs server decided to stop communicating. Yeeeaaah!

****ing WBB.

LIES! How can i possible weigh a ton more than you and still have the same size arms. I hate my body :(.

Great work! Im looking forward to the pictures in a non-sexual manner of course. Well slight...

I had a few good years of muscle-building happening back in the day, so muscle memory must be real or some ****. Just keep at it and you'll get there, nuggs.

I'm rethinking posting them...I remember when rookiebldr used to save them all then paint his monitor like a Jackson Pollock. I can't be having that again...

hey hey hey!! You two need to stop the flirting IMMEDIATELY! I am getting semi-jealous.

Great work on the fat loss..I am in awe.

I need to recruit some chicks for this place.

I left my gym shoes at home today, but that's fine. My back is very sore from the SLDL and I think a back day would be a mistake. I'll save it for tomorrow AM and do a full-day refeed (400g CHO) to get my hormones all reset. Mmmmm.

galileo
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I didn't do that well this weekend overall. Long-story, which I'll write up with much disappointment was that I ended up with far less than 400g CHO and a weak workout. However, I still managed to appear leaner by this morning, so I guess I win. PSMF today, tomorrow workout and a refeed. Should be excellent. Perhaps I'll post up some more a bit later when my headache goes the **** away.

galileo
11-10-2009, 08:21 PM
.11.10.2009. - What the ****?

I was in the gym today and I strained the left side of my neck and I'm going to spend the rest of the night trying to get it relaxed again. ****ing stupid.

Anyhow...feeling ok otherwise. Down to 185.5lbs, pinching around 8% (pec: 5, ab: 8.5, quad: 13). The top two abs have the outer line pretty well defined and my ribs are showing quite well there. I officially hit my goals for the timeframe I had set! Great feeling. However, I know I have some time ahead of me, so I'll use this as a way to keep me motivated.

If you haven't noticed, my weight is starting to drop consistently. Further reinforcement for me that the first 6 weeks or so my body was recomping and now I've hit a spot where the level of recomposition I experienced is no longer a reasonable expectation. However, I haven't changed up my diet at all and my weight is dropping proportionate to expectations, so yesss.

Pumpkin bread ****ing rocks for refeeds too.
.workout.

Today I did a chest day, but I didn't have time to check my log and ****ed up my numbers.

db bench: warmups, 90x3, 85x5, 5
As I was saying, thought I did 85s last week, but turns out they were 80s. So, prepare yourself for a shock...but adding 20lbs onto a pressing motion in one week is not a reasonable expectation! No ****, you say? Well **** YOUR FACE. The 85s seemed light as hell in comparison, it was nice.

weighted dips: +20x5, 5, 5
Added 5 from last week. My neck strain impeded the feeling of accomplishment. I used to dip like a mother****er. +100x8 and some ****. Seems like a lifetime.

**** my neck, **** you, and **** your ****ing whorebag of a sister.

800 ibuprofen and a heating pad will make me hate you less.

tomv
11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unkIVvjZc9Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unkIVvjZc9Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Clifford Gillmore
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unkIVvjZc9Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unkIVvjZc9Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What you need to know about this video;

Chopper Reid is the Hardest man in the world. getting your hands on a copy of CHOPPER (Eric Bana as lead) is highly suggested.

galileo
11-11-2009, 08:19 AM
You mother****ing Australians.

tomv
11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
;-).

JSully
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
you still in pittsburgh?

galileo
11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
;-).

Meh.

you still in pittsburgh?

Yessir.

This morning, the belt I'd been using no longer had enough holes to meet my waist size. Let's hope I don't have to use it again anytime soon.

galileo
11-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Quick week summary:

1. Strong start, losing well.
2. Got called into some big things @ work and out.
3. Blew out 3 of my tires on a drive home.
4. Went to the gym for a leg day, adding a small amount to squats and managed to pull my lower back.
5. Keeping to it as best I can. My back hurts so bad though...it's going to be an uphill battle again, but I'm not going to give up. Stretching, e-stim, chiro on Monday, see what can be done.

Clifford Gillmore
11-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Quick week summary:

1. Strong start, losing well.
2. Got called into some big things @ work and out.
3. Blew out 3 of my tires on a drive home.
4. Went to the gym for a leg day, adding a small amount to squats and managed to pull my lower back.
5. Keeping to it as best I can. My back hurts so bad though...it's going to be an uphill battle again, but I'm not going to give up. Stretching, e-stim, chiro on Monday, see what can be done.

I pulled an oblique sneezing, I thought I tore it. You'll be good.

tomv
11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Bummer on the tyre blow out / back pull mang.
How'd you blow out 3 tyres? Let us know how the chiro goes.

borracho
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Sounds like a ****ty week..glad to see the fat still dripping off though.

Be careful with that neck injury...I ****ed up my neck 11/07 in the gym and it took about 6 months before I stopped getting horrible headaches caused by that.

galileo
11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Lower back hurting bad today, can't do a back day for sure. E-stim, heat, stretch...repeat.

WillKuenzel
11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Add in a dash of "quick being a sissy" to that mix and you'll be fine.

tomv
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Add in a dash of "quick being a sissy" to that mix and you'll be fine.

Quit?

WillKuenzel
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
LOL, yeah, that too. Can't be an ass if you can't properly deliver an insult. Fail.

Mik
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
LOL, yeah, that too. Can't be an ass if you can't properly deliver an insult. Fail.

Not true. You failed to deliver yet you are an ass. Well done! :)

WillKuenzel
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
It's good to know that I can do at least one thing right!

LuNa
11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Lower back hurting bad today, can't do a back day for sure. E-stim, heat, stretch...repeat.

Hows it going Gal? How is the lower back feeling, still sore?

galileo
11-24-2009, 06:49 PM
The back is still sore, but it's getting better. A couple big things happened over the last week, all keeping me away from health and happiness.

1. Back hurt.
2. Got a cold or flu.
3. Created a social networking site for a charity to help them reach $1m. So far, so good.

Tomorrow I will be going to the gym and the chiropractor. Checked the scale, no weight gained. I'll be back to it here in no time.

borracho
11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
I hope you get all the incidents out of your system now bud...it sucks ass to get injured, get sick, get...whatever.

LuNa
11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
The back is still sore, but it's getting better. A couple big things happened over the last week, all keeping me away from health and happiness.

1. Back hurt.
2. Got a cold or flu.
3. Created a social networking site for a charity to help them reach $1m. So far, so good.

Tomorrow I will be going to the gym and the chiropractor. Checked the scale, no weight gained. I'll be back to it here in no time.

Good luck with everything. Cant wait for you to get back at it.

galileo
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Should be good for Monday!

LuNa
12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Should be good for Monday!

Good to hear!

galileo
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Bought a new car today. BMW X3 3.0i. Worked out, ate well. Week is solid.

ectx
12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Bought a new car today. BMW X3 3.0i. Worked out, ate well. Week is solid.

LOL...very detailed Journal.

dork.

LuNa
12-08-2009, 08:17 PM
*Switches off the light*

*Shuts the door*

galileo
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
lol.

I will give more detail later. I'm just happy to be working out again.

Hatred
12-08-2009, 09:04 PM
God, it smells terrible in here.

ectx
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
God, it smells terrible in here.

Nah, it just smells like Sacramento. Josh must be poking his head in here. :eek:

tomv
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Those Bimmers look pretty nice Gal, what's it like to drive?

galileo
12-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Excuses:
Back still hurts.
Christmas is insanely busy.
WBB is blocked @ work now.

Reality:
I broke the habit and it is a struggle to get back to it.
I have an all-or-nothing mentality that has become a huge issue for me.

See you in a few days.

SquareHead
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Hmm. **** my life.

Does someone need a back rub? Hey, are you still arround?

Hope you're well,

John

fuzz
01-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Ping!

borracho
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I think he joined one of the BMW car-owner clubs or something.

heathj
01-16-2010, 12:15 AM
whats up playa...get back on the lifting!

Blood&Iron
01-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Hello. That is all.

galileo
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
This looks different...

I needed a refeed, so I did one...for 3 months.

Gym'd today - was way weaker doing 65s for db bench, 50s for cable crossovers, and 45s for db rows. My nervous system is no longer acclimated.

186.5lbs this morning, still 10lbs lighter than the fall when I started.

Hawaii in May...

galileo
03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
I've been to the gym three times since my last post. Did hams, back, and quads. Tonight I'll do chest again.

I weighed in this morning at 185. I'm not sure what bf I was when I started, but I decided to go ahead and measure this morning. I'm very confused by the results.

First observations - stomach fat was very dense. I pinched a 19mm and it is definitely not clearing just yet. Also, my leg fat was significantly lower than any other time I've put on weight. It was 15mm. That's up only 2mm from the time right before Thanksgiving when I was very active. Seems like all of the fat I put on was on my stomach.

Next, my weight is way lower than I'd hoped for this bodyfat. I could look at it on the bright side, perhaps I lost some visceral fat or something. I won't though...I'll obsess over how I was 185.5 pinching 8% instead of 14.5% . About a 12lb difference there, hopefully I can make up over the next 6 weeks.

I'm definitely sick of yo-yo dieting. I need to get lean and stay active instead of what I tend to fall into.

galileo
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I gymed. It was mediocre as ****, but I am happy to at least do it.

db benchj: warms...70x5, 5, 5
db row 50x8:8, 8:8
dips: bwx12, 10

Tired, eating turkey lasagna. Going to get some cereal in a bit. Enjoy it while I can, tomorrow is a low cal day, yet again.

galileo
03-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Does someone need a back rub? Hey, are you still arround?

Hope you're well,

John

I'd say hi back, but you probably aren't around,

Ping!

NSLOOKUP!

I think he joined one of the BMW car-owner clubs or something.

That I didn't. But, if I would, it would be with Blood&Iron.

whats up playa...get back on the lifting!

I am. Taking time off is stupid, I just end up weak as **** again.

Hello. That is all.

Hello.

galileo
03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Low cal day. 2 scoops of Team Skip, 1 bag of beef jerky, and a large beef n' broccoli with no oil from the restaurant. So, so tired.

LuNa
03-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Bout time you came back. Hows everything going work wise?

galileo
03-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Bout time you came back. Hows everything going work wise?

I know, I know.

Work has been busy, but not as busy as before. My team is up to 6 so it makes things both easier and more difficult at the same time.

Been steady, my ab pinch was 17mm on Friday morning, but I didn't check the others. I should be back to where I was in a matter of a month, I hope. Strength should be back on par quickly too.

LuNa
03-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Good job. Happy to hear work is going better as well. Enjoy muscle memory :).

borracho
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
you're back! again...for how long? I dont know..but, welcome back bud. Hope to see you stay a while this time.

galileo
03-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Good job. Happy to hear work is going better as well. Enjoy muscle memory :).

Haha, thanks. Excited to get it back.

you're back! again...for how long? I dont know..but, welcome back bud. Hope to see you stay a while this time.

Yesss. I have a lot to keep me motivated. Weddings, vacations, summer. I really want to get leaned up for all of this so I hope to stick with it. My lower back is my #1 issue right now, so I just need to keep stretching and be careful. Glad to see you posting!

galileo
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Two more solid days of low carb with a refeed. Did a back day today - sets of BW+10x5 on chins then some db rows. Going to load up on some bagels n' milk. Yesssss.

Sorry for the brevity, super busy as usual.

Visit my friend's site - http://www.sextaholics.com

Isaac Wilkins
03-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Holy ****. You're back, too.

What are you, like 130 lbs by now?

galileo
03-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Holy ****. You're back, too.

What are you, like 130 lbs by now?

185 even. Clipping about 13%. Yaaay.

Isaac Wilkins
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
185 even. Clipping about 13%. Yaaay.

Under 200 = ~135.

galileo
03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Ate low cal/carb today. Got a promotion at work. Money = good.

SquareHead
03-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I'd say hi back, but you probably aren't around,

I'm arround. Doing the WBB pilot. My email notifications are tied to a dead email so I dont know when some one writes back! Makes it hard to be consistant because I have to remember to check back in. I need to talk with a mod to get it changed arround.

You lifting with some injuries?

SquareHead
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
It smells like farts in here!

galileo
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
185, clipped a 11.81% this morning (9 pec, 16 ab, 14 quad). The quad number still scares the hell out of me. I feel like my fat is still pretty "full", but I'm lower than I'd expected. I think in 2 months I can hit my goals, no problem.

I didn't post my leg or back days, I think. Did a bunch of crap. It was fun.

Today was chest:

db bench: warms, 70x5, 5, 5
dips: +5x10, 8 fail (tired as crap)
db row: 65x8:8, 8:8

Yaaaay. Now I'm eating grilled chick wraps, cake, and protein pancakes. Maybe a bagel or two.

galileo
03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I am ingesting so much sodium, I look like the michelin man. Weight's about the same, pinches still reasonable. A solid woosh is on its way, I know it.

Today I did a weak-ass leg day, thanks to the lower back. But I did it anyhow. Now I get to refeed. Yaay.

galileo
03-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Did a back day yesterday. Then I ate a bunch of awesome things, like cheeseburgers. Mmmmm. Sloppy refeed, but whatever.

neutral grip chins: +0x5, +10x5, +15x5, 5
The last set involved pausing.

thick handle db rows: +70x8:8, 8:8

Funnitude. I think I'm getting leaner. At least, it appears so ever so slightly. 2 months to go...

galileo
03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Had a fun weekend. I went to see Puscifer yesterday, didn't do too bad with eating I guess. I did have 2 beers.

Today, I had 1 bag of Jack Link's original jerky (45g protein, 3g fat), 2 scoops of a whey/casein blend from true protein, a chicken breast, and some steamed broccoli. I'm trying to cut back on my salt, so I skipped the beef n' broccoli I generally have. I also started on ephedrine, which will drop some water weight. It also helped since I got in at 3:30am last night. ****.

Tomorrow will be hams, I think. I need to get back to the chiropractor so I can do a more substantial leg routine. My quad days end up sucking, but my ham days are full of win.

galileo
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
First, **** off.

Second. I'm cleaning up my refeeds a little and trying get to more protein. I can see that my results come quicker with a few tweaks, so it's worth the squeeze.

Third, odd thing is happening. Losing fat on my chest and legs but not my gut. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is unheard of. This is the exact opposite of earlier. Pec: 6 (or less), Quad 14, Ab 15.5. 10.75%, gut heavy. That's a ****ing first.

Did legs focus hams today. Ham curls, pull throughs, and leg extensions. It was pretty intense compared to other leg days. I miss squats.

That's all. I'm losing some water thanks to ephedrine and some better water consumption. That should help with the results of the last 2 weeks.

galileo
03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
I still hate you.

Water is dropping. Was around 185 today, around 10% by 3-site. Stomach holding a lot more fat than usual.

Did upper focus chest today. It was lackluster. I opted to give flat bench a try, since I haven't benched in a long long time. I warmed up through 95, 135, and 155 then did a working set of 165. It felt ok, but the fact that I used to rep 275 makes me wonder how the **** this is possible. I did some incline db flyes, 30x10x3 with 30s rest between. Those should help. Then I did db rows 80x8:8 for two sets. When I finished, I went into the locker room and put my skirt back on and came home to do laundry and cook.

borracho
03-26-2010, 08:39 AM
The strength will come back when you get all your **** situated...if ya got there once you can get there again. Glad to see you're still stickin with it bud.

Sidior
03-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Great job with the diet. How was Puscifer? I have seen Tool and APC live and they were a blast.

borracho
03-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Tool puts on one of the best shows ever...never seen Puscifer though.

galileo
03-26-2010, 05:10 PM
The strength will come back when you get all your **** situated...if ya got there once you can get there again. Glad to see you're still stickin with it bud.

This time, I'll be sure not to hurt my back too bad. Unfortunately that will lead to crappy leg days overall.

I'm glad to be back and glad to see you coming around!

galileo
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Great job with the diet. How was Puscifer? I have seen Tool and APC live and they were a blast.

Thanks man.

It was an awesome show...one of the best produced shows I've ever sen. Here are two videos that we recorded there:

Momma Sed
2WeeceqYIHY

The Humbling River
VsnWoZbgaNg

galileo
03-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Relaxing weekend. Tomorrow I think I'll do a back day. Today I had some awesome Hormel Chipotle Chili. Damn it was good.

Tonight, perhaps some sushi is in order. I love me some sushi.

Unholy
03-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Stop slackin fatty.

galileo
03-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Not slacking. Sunday is my low fat, average calorie day. ****er.

galileo
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I had an update, then my browser shut down and I lost it. Fuuuuuck.

Not sure how things are going, but I pinched a 9.5% at around 184.5lbs. Typically I'm +3%, but now with my lean legs/pecs (compared to the past), I may appear higher. Dysmorphic to the max.

Did back today, neutral chins +10x5, 5, 5 - very solid. Then I did 4 sets of one arm cable rows 80x12 with 30 seconds rest between sets (right, left, rest). Felt strong, felt good. Stretched a bit then went home.

Eating turkey burgers, Reese Puffs, and a few other random items. I will have a delicious evening.

galileo
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
.10.24.2009. - reflecting.

Present:

bodyweight (lb): 189.5
lbm (lb): 168.65
clips (mm): ab:11, pec:8, quad:16, ilia:14

The actual present:

bodyweight (lb): 184.5
clips (mm): ab:14, pec:9, quad:13.5, ilia:14

I mis-remembered my pec pinch so it's actually a bit higher. Same general fat as in October but displaced a bit. I feel like I should start doing some slow-steady cardio, but it may be too soon. The main difference now is I am not using creatine, which generally accounts for a 5lb swing in bodyweight.

galileo
04-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Another PSMF day today, because tomorrow is the night I go out with my fiancee. Yes, we're at the age where we have a date night. She works until 10p most nights, so we just have to deal with it.

This morning I wooshed. It was fantastic. My ab pinch was in the 13-13.5 range and I think my quad was down too. Hopefully tomorrow will yield additional fun.

No work tomorrow. Yessssss.

galileo
04-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I looked leaner today, wooo. My suprailiac was like a 12, pec was a 6. No complaints.

Going to do some leg action later and refeed the night away.

cphafner
04-02-2010, 10:14 AM
good stuff Gal. Keep it up!

galileo
04-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Yesterday I worked in the yard for about 5 hours. Digging, tilling, hammering down edging. Loads of fun. According to fitday, 4.5 hrs of this type of work is 1730kcal burned. That's just about what I ate...a bowl of fiber one honey clusters, 3 grilled chicken wraps, 4oz beef jerky, and some pomegranate juice.

Today I have plenty more yard action happening. I will be really ****ing happy to get some of it over with, it's just in preparation to sell the house, so we won't even enjoy it. Meh.

Shark
04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
WTF? You're posting in here?

galileo
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes, I am. Although I may be the only one.

Shark
04-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Now we're two!

galileo
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM

I was holding water this morning and it made me pissed. I know it was water, my weight was up to 187 or so, but it didn't provide me any comfort.

I've been taking it easy on the weekends, not overeating by any means, but not following the EOD strategy of the week. I'm down to 6 weeks before I'm going on vacation, so I need to kick it into high gear. One "off" day a week for the next few, but definitely not two in a row. If I can focus pretty hard I can do this. I am pretty sure 15lbs is about my target here, but we'll see.

Worked out and ****. You love it.

Ham Curls: 45x10, 45+35x6, 50+45x5, 5, 5
DB Shrugs: warms, 100x10, 10
PullThroughs: 150x10, 10
Leg Extensions: +12x8, 8

Tweaked, tired, and hungry. Going to eat some Reese Puffs cereal and then see where I end up. I will keep my calories decent tonight and focus on a bigger refeed closer to the weekend.

Any thoughts on adding in some AM cardio on Yohimbine HCL?

galileo
04-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Good advice.

PSMF today, wooshed a lil. Was about 185, but gut was full. Ab ranged from 11-13, pec steady 6-7, quad, 12-13. Yay.

galileo
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Crazy ****ing day. Looks like I got another promotion, but it hasn't been announced. I've had some congratulations though, oddly. Unexpected, entirely. My boss is a hero.

Did upper focus chest. Looked leaner, pinched a bit leaner. 184 @ 9.6-10% 3-site. Not shabby. Will do a full assessment tomorrow.

bench: 135x8, 155x3, 165x5, 175x5, 5, 5
db row: 90x6, 6
dips (30s rest): +0x12, 10

Exhausted. Long day with minimal food. Time to enjoy some good things.

PS - **** you for the lack of posting. Yes, I'm talking to you.

borracho
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
PS - **** you for the lack of posting. Yes, I'm talking to you.

Do other people know something that I dont that keeps them from posting in here? Does posting in here adversely affect ones post count, totally discouraging most people from posting so as to keep their current count heading in the upward direction? Is it your stench? Is it your cursing (I am a fan)? Is it cause you're on the path to become lean as opposed to big (wannabeBIG)..wtf?

Anyway...good job on the chest workout bud, and congrats on the promo at work.

galileo
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Leaner. Looked all right today, think May 14th should be a good target still. 10lbs to go.

galileo
04-11-2010, 09:49 AM
About five weeks left, doing well. If I can do a solid 2lbs/week I'll be happy. Better update tomorrow.

cphafner
04-11-2010, 10:07 AM
congrats on the promotion Gal. Good stuff on the cut too!

galileo
04-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Do other people know something that I dont that keeps them from posting in here? Does posting in here adversely affect ones post count, totally discouraging most people from posting so as to keep their current count heading in the upward direction? Is it your stench? Is it your cursing (I am a fan)? Is it cause you're on the path to become lean as opposed to big (wannabeBIG)..wtf?

Anyway...good job on the chest workout bud, and congrats on the promo at work.

Someone knows something...I'm sure of it. ****.

Thanks! It will be a lot of work to get back to where I was, strength-wise, but I'm happy to stay consistent.

galileo
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
congrats on the promotion Gal. Good stuff on the cut too!

Thanks c0nn0r.

.04.12.2010. - Halfway there (AM post)

A little under 5 weeks left to go until Hawaii and everything is going pretty well.

This morning, I pinched pec: 6, ab: 9.5, quad: 12.5 bringing me to 8.4% by 3-site @ 183.5lbs. My waist @ the umbilicus is 35.25", I believe. I did drop a belt size this morning, which is great. The circumference is still higher than I'd like. I'd guess that I'm around 12% or so right now, based on the mirror. Holding more VAT than ever. Leaner, but not where I want to be. If I can drop down 2lbs a week, I can hit a true sub-10 number by the time I hit the beach. I'm pretty ****ing excited, you?

Tonight I'll do an upperbody workout, focus back. I'm very pleased with my progress today.

galileo
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
.04.12.2010. - Worked out, what's it to ya?

Upper body focus back.

Somewhat enjoyable, I did a very strong set of chins. I felt good.

neutral chins: +0x5, +5x3, +10x3, +15x5, 5, 5
db rows: 55x12:12, 30s rest, 55x12:12
weighed dips: +25x8, 8

After the workout, I felt like I actually did something. The weights I picked were dead on. Sad as that might be.

I am very excited now that I'm progressing steady. Someone at work noticed that I was getting into shape, which is good.

Carbing up ****ing rocks. Cereal, bagels, and other awesomeness await. Enjoy your straight deficit, idiots.

galileo
04-17-2010, 10:40 AM

In exactly 4 weeks I will be sitting on a beach in Waikiki. Not quite ready for it, physique-wise, but I'm definitely happy with the progress over the last 5 weeks.

Good workout today. Ten days after my last upper focus chest day, recovery felt fine. Low cals kill recovery.

bench: 45x10, 115x5, 145x5, 165x5, 180x5, 5, 5
Didn't think I'd make it through these, honestly. The first few sets felt very heavy. My director came in after my first set and spotted me (no lift-off) and I could've done 10 reps for each of the last two sets. Very odd how that works. The good news is, next time I will likely be at the Men's Health definition of "strong", bodyweight x10 reps on bench. Yay for being mediocre.

db row: 95x8, 8
Eight very hard-fought reps. My grip was not interested in participating in these rows. Very awkward, but I got them. I'll stick here next week.

cable crossovers (30s rest): 70x12, 12
I thought I was going to die.

It's still early - loads of carbs to go for the day.

borracho
04-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Yay for being mediocre.

You've reached your journey for mediocrity...now what?

Nice to see some heavier weights on the bench (from what I recall)...and looks like the DB rows are doing well, too.

galileo
04-17-2010, 04:16 PM
You've reached your journey for mediocrity...now what?

Nice to see some heavier weights on the bench (from what I recall)...and looks like the DB rows are doing well, too.

Good point. I don't know...try to become extra mediocre I guess.

Looking back, I did 180x5 on bench in October of 2002. My weight then was 154lbs and it was at the end of a long cut. FML. My aim in that arena is to get back to 225x5 as I think (for me) that's a reasonable strength goal. I'd really like to get my dips back to +100x8 at some point. Time will tell.

galileo
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
.04.19.2010. - Hawaii is getting closer; still feel like a fatty

Yeah, I think I'm going to start doing off-day cardio in the morning. It's not going to be fun since I'll likely have to do it before work with some Yohimbine, but I know it just purely works. I'm down to less than a month and really need to kick it into high gear.

I forgot my iPhone at home today and seriously considered skipping my afternoon duece because I didn't have any games to play. How ****ing sad is it that I didn't even want to spend 10 minutes without some sort of digital entertainment at my disposal? I have teh issues.

I think I worked out today. Not really sure, but if I did it went something like this:

strive hamstring curls: 70[2]x5, 70[2]+20[1]x5, 5
Back-loaded the extra 20lbs. It was not pleasant.

pull-throughts: stack(150)+15x10, 10
Still not too much weight. I'll need to load huge dbs on here to get anywhere and I'm afraid of busting the machine. I really really need to put together some better leg days, but my lower back kills my preferred exercises.

seated leg extensions: +10px10, 10, 10
BURN. Wow my quads sucks now. I can't even believe it.

I didn't stretch - there were people all over the ****ing place.

Just had two bowls of Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters and it is go-****-yourself good. Next, some protein pancakes if I feel like cooking for a ****ing hour.

WillKuenzel
04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Did you add the Yohimbe to your morning cardio? I tend to like it. I've been doing an IF style diet but keeping calories high but with the early AM cardio with BCAA's and Yohimbe. I've leaned out a little bit without really trying (or at least diet wise).

galileo
04-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Did you add the Yohimbe to your morning cardio? I tend to like it. I've been doing an IF style diet but keeping calories high but with the early AM cardio with BCAA's and Yohimbe. I've leaned out a little bit without really trying (or at least diet wise).

Finally some mother****ing feedback. I'd love to think it came from someone who needed more than walking from the bed to the bathroom to lose fat.

I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. No BCAAs, just yohimbine and my ol' empty stomach. I didn't start cardio yet, but it's probably about time. Tomorrow, the alarm is set for 1 hr earlier.

ryuage
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't think yohimbine will do much of anything unless you're down to your "stubborn" fat... if that's the case, by all means drop that stuff and hit the cardio. Have fun waking up earlier.

galileo
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Don't think yohimbine will do much of anything unless you're down to your "stubborn" fat... if that's the case, by all means drop that stuff and hit the cardio. Have fun waking up earlier.

I am pretty sure all of my fat is stubborn.

borracho
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
How ****ing sad is it that I didn't even want to spend 10 minutes without some sort of digital entertainment at my disposal? I have teh issues.

I think we should join forces and collaborate and create a journal-style paper on possible ways to expedites ones daily deuce.

GL on the AM cardio...I've been trying to do it regularly..but aside from the weekends I just cant seem to fit it in.

ryuage
04-19-2010, 07:11 PM
I am pretty sure all of my fat is stubborn.

yours and mine both :hello: starting my psmf today... sad days ahead.

galileo
04-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I think we should join forces and collaborate and create a journal-style paper on possible ways to expedites ones daily deuce.

GL on the AM cardio...I've been trying to do it regularly..but aside from the weekends I just cant seem to fit it in.

I agree. Also, a task force to murder millions of dissenters.

yours and mine both :hello: starting my psmf today... sad days ahead.

Meh, PSMF is murder. Right now my week looks like:

M: PSMF (AM) - refeed
T: PSMF
W: PSMF(AM) - refeed
R: PSMF
F: PSMF
S: controlled refeed, one cheat meal
S: PSMF

Loads of fun.

galileo
04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
0.4.20.2010. - Pause for the cause.

Guess who did cardio this morning? This guy.

Bought the new Circa Survive CD (which is excellent) and did 55 minutes at various speeds and inclines, topping off a 3.5 @ 8.0°. 12.5mg of yohimbine hcl told me that when a mommy and daddy love each other very much, nothing is out of the question sexually.

When walking in place for long periods of time, many random things go through your head. For example, having an extraordinarily thorough examination of why feudalism would not work in a society that allows for women's suffrage. God damnnnn I love me some Yo.

A consultant that had his first day yesterday quit already. Couldn't hack it technically, apparently. He faked it pretty well for day one. Now, another ****-ton of time will be wasted finding a replacement. I'm so sick of interviewing. The day started off pretty well too.