PDA

View Full Version : Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26

galileo
04-21-2010, 06:02 AM
Mid-7's by 3-site and down in the 182 area. Boom.

galileo
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
This will be brief. Did a workout, including +20x5x3 for weighted chins, then some 12 rep quick rests. A few dips and I'm spent. Today's schedule was thrown off because I was putting my house on the market.

Leaner, still not lean enough. This is the toughest part of the diet...approaching a deadline and not feeling confident in the outcome. Oh well, I have been absolutely faithful to the regiment I put forth. That in itself is excellent.

Food hunt...

galileo
04-23-2010, 06:40 AM
.04.23.2010. - Double Down

I began my second day of PSMF in a row with some long, slow cardio. 53 minutes, averaging about 3.5 @ 6°. The treadmill told me I burned 520 calories or so. I figure if I do these sessions 2-3x a week, it'll be worth an extra pound, pound n' a half by the time I get to Hawaii. If not, at least it builds up plenty of anger in my heart so I can go to work and scream at everyone for no reason.

Rockin' a bit of an outline on the upper two abs. I feel pretty good overall, but still I wish I had 1 more month. I bet if I was consistent through June, I could get myself to a solid state. I'm going to keep cutting through summer and see where it takes me. I find, while my energy levels aren't ideal, it's still quite managable if I keep with the EOD diet, utilizing the R/F/S switchup (PSMF/PSMF/Refeed) technique.

I didn't measure today, but if I had a guess, it would be that I'm about the same. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and see what's up. Until then, continue not reading this.

WillKuenzel
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I read "double down" and thought you were talking about the new KFC Double Down. Such a tease. I'll quit reading now.

galileo
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
I read "double down" and thought you were talking about the new KFC Double Down. Such a tease. I'll quit reading now.

It was certainly a reference.

Mmmmmm,.

borracho
04-24-2010, 06:11 PM
God damnit. So I got sucked in (invited myself) to going to San Diego to visit a friend. She's been asking and asking me to come out for a while now and figured 7/4/2010 would be swell in SD...sooo, thats what I am doing. Then it hit me...she's gonna wanna take me out to the beach. And I am sure by their standards I'll be considered a whale. I guess I may have to start putting forth effort in a legit diet like you've been doing if I want to shed a bit of fat before then.

galileo
04-25-2010, 05:49 PM
God damnit. So I got sucked in (invited myself) to going to San Diego to visit a friend. She's been asking and asking me to come out for a while now and figured 7/4/2010 would be swell in SD...sooo, thats what I am doing. Then it hit me...she's gonna wanna take me out to the beach. And I am sure by their standards I'll be considered a whale. I guess I may have to start putting forth effort in a legit diet like you've been doing if I want to shed a bit of fat before then.

At least you're looking at July. That gives you 9 weeks to handle your bidness. I wish I had until July, I'd be rippped. 3 weeks to go, feeling like keeping my cardio up will be clutch.

galileo
04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
04.26.2010. - Holy **** I'm exhausted.

Had a good weekend, refed on Saturday then low carb'd it on Sunday with my big meal being steak and asparagus. My piss smelled like the raging sulfurs of hell today, but **** everyone else who had to smell it.

Today I weighed in 183 in the AM, but I had to duke it out about an hour later and I imagine it put me at about 181. Looking leaner, 3 solid weeks left.

Did upper focus chest, added some weight on stuff.

bench: warms, 185x5, 5, 5
db rows: 95x8:8, 8:8
dips (30seconds rest): +0x12, 12, 8...9...10 phew.

I am trashed after this workout. Doesn't seem like much, but when you're rocking as low cals as I am, everything feels like a victory and defeat rolled into one. I think I'm still on track to nail 200x5 before I go to Hawaii, which is a nice goal.

borracho
04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Post asparagus pee pee is horrendous. I'd eat that **** all the time if it didnt do that but the smell gets to me.

Nice chest day...it'll be interesting to see if you can make your bench goal by vacation time with your current calories...

galileo
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Post asparagus pee pee is horrendous. I'd eat that **** all the time if it didnt do that but the smell gets to me.

Nice chest day...it'll be interesting to see if you can make your bench goal by vacation time with your current calories...

Thanks man. Not 100% sure I'll get there, but it would be excellent.

galileo
04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
04.27.2010. - You win this time, ice cream sammich

I bought a pack of Skinny Cow ice cream sammiches for my refeed and decided to have one. Then I promptly decided to have two. This morning I paid for both decisions in the form of of uncontrollable ****ting.

I walked on the treadmill exactly 42 minutes @ 3.6 with some incline before my intestines decided to give out on me. I spent exactly 11 minutes picking the sweaty toilet seat cover off of my ass after the experience. Not a fun morning.

The good news was, I burned like 400 calories and I am likely about 15lbs lighter from the colon evacuation.

Tomorrow is hamstring or quad day, not sure. I'm going to limit myself to one ice cream sammich after, so I can finish my cardio on Thursday.

galileo
04-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Still working out, dieting, doing cardio. Can fit into my 33" dress pants, which I could not last weekend. Big victory.

Tired as **** though. Selling the house, lots of work with this. May have an offer soon, so we're excited.

galileo
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
k...

cphafner
05-02-2010, 07:50 PM
We're in the same boat Gal. I have 4 weeks till I hit Mexico. Give it hell!

galileo
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
We're in the same boat Gal. I have 4 weeks till I hit Mexico. Give it hell!

Giving.

Leaner and about 180 now. Got my Adonis belt rockin a bit now, so I am getting closer to my goals. Did weights n' stuff.

weighted chins: +30x5, 5, 5
weighted dips: +30x8, 8, 8
one-arm cable rows (30s rest): 150x10:10, 10:10

Tired, doing a small refeed tonight, just to assist recovery. Tomorrow morning, cardio.

10 more days until Hawaii...

borracho
05-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Weights going up on the chins and dips, no? Looks good dude. What islands are you hitting up?

galileo
05-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Did lunges, leg press, one legged leg extensions, and some calf raises today. Twas fun.

Still hovering between 180-181. My waist @ umbilicus dropped down to 33.5"...yessssss. I believe my wist @ pantline was 35.5, but I'll have to check again tomorrow. All that matters is that I have some semblance of abs and can wear all of my 33" pants comfortably. Oh, if I had another month or so...

But I ****ing don't, I have 8 days. Eight whole days, then Hawaii. Wooooooooooooooo.

galileo
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Weights going up on the chins and dips, no? Looks good dude. What islands are you hitting up?

Oahu (Waikiki) then some Maui action.

tomv
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
How's the new car?

galileo
05-06-2010, 05:00 AM
How's the new car?

I love it. Exactly what I was looking for in a vehicle. The only thing that I could complain about is that the stock tires suck and I really need to put some good summer/rain ones on, but it's too much of an expense right now to bother.

galileo
05-06-2010, 05:01 AM
This morning 179.5 and my waist @ paintline was actually 35.25". Still bloated from last night, but looking better.

galileo
05-08-2010, 10:19 AM

Funny you should say that...

05.08.2010. - Upper Body focus Chest

Today I had a great upper body day, all things considered. Low cals, low energy, good progress.

bench: 135x8, 165x3, 185x3, 195x5, 195x5, 200x5
I went for it and it wasn't bad. I think I could've got 200x5x3 if I wanted, but I didn't know whether I could push it or not. But, my short-term 200x5 goal has been officially hit.

towel chins: x8, 8
I saw this setup here (heard my boss mention it) and thought it was worth a try. My grip held out fairly well through 2 sets, but I can see how these could get very tough. Here's a pix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5148684/x2_149211a.jpg

cable crossovers (30s rest): 60x12, 12, 11
I couldn't remember what weight was right, so I just picked something in the lower-middle and did them. The last set was hard given the short rest, so...success.

I am enjoying working out again. I damn near had a fist-pumping moment to get back into the 200s for bench again. It feels good to hit a few goals. I went from a person who looked like he'd never worked out 2 months ago to someone who looks like he eats a few salads a week and owns a Nordic-Trac. Yesss.

galileo
05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Two more days until I'm on a plane heading to the islands.

tomv
05-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Are you CUT, JACKT & TANNED UP?

galileo
05-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Hey tomv. I am anything but tanned, that's for sure. When I get back from Hawaii I should be either tanned or completely plagued by skin cancer. It's a toss up.

This morning I was 176.5, waist up top down to 33 flat, down load 35 flat. My pinches are coming in at the mid-6s, but by mirror I'm looking 11% (losing ample VAT over the last 3-4 weeks). Definitely stronger, leaner, and feeling far better than when I started this. I have to say though, it feels like way longer than two months, but I am very happy with my progress over this time. I know for sure another month or so would really get me lean. At this point, I can fully see my ribs with my arms down and the top two abs are outlined well.

In Hawaii I'm going to try to maintain a lot of activity doing hikes, bike rides, surfing, and a lot of walking around. With any luck I won't lose progress as much as just halt for the time I'm there. Lots of sushi out there, so that'll be my food focus. Almost there.

borracho
05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I went from a person who looked like he'd never worked out 2 months ago to someone who looks like he eats a few salads a week and owns a Nordic-Trac. Yesss.

You've managed to obtain the illusive Mens Health physique?

Congrats on hitting the bench goal...thats gotta be tough given the calories you're consuming...or, not consuming as it is.

Enjoy the vacation bud

galileo
05-27-2010, 04:16 PM
So tired. So very, very tired.

181, so I'm up a few lbs. A lot of water gain without ephedrine and so on. Working to get back on track, but I really didn't overdo it when I was there.

Tomorrow gym, if I can wake up before 1pm. 0 for 2 on that one since my return.

galileo
05-28-2010, 09:59 AM
179 woo.

galileo
06-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I did teh weights! Same as last time, basically.

weighted chins: +30x5, 5, 5
weighted dips: +30x8, 8
towel chins: +0x6, 6

Been a bit; very very hard to get over jet lag. I slept about 4 hrs last night. Overall, decent workout. Didn't lose much strength, should be back on track before long.

galileo
06-05-2010, 11:28 AM
More weights.

Some leg press, not too excited.
Did one-legged leg extensions with like 45 with no rest between, 4 sets of 10 each leg.
Also, 120x10 calf-raises with 2-3s rest at the bottom. A few sets.

Back on track, feeling a lil tired still, not yet sleeping through the night solidly. Still about 179, will likely hit back down to the 176.5 range this week as I was. I'll likely cruise down to 170 by the end o' June if my pace is maintained.

cphafner
06-06-2010, 12:18 PM
How was your trip?

galileo
06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
The trip was amazing. Maui is ****ing beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better.

I'm 177.5, worked out today and the highlight was my working sets of dips @ +50x5 (230 total clothed). It's been a while since I've done that, so it felt pretty good to get a few sets with 50.

I'm finally sleeping through the night. I was a bit tired today, but it was over-caffination. Still getting back into the swing of things with regards to the gym. I am definitely not feeling as good as right before I left, but getting adjusted to the diet again will play a big part.

borracho
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Nice job on the dips dude...+50 is pretty hefty..especially on a deficit. Stay with it man.

galileo
06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice job on the dips dude...+50 is pretty hefty..especially on a deficit. Stay with it man.

Thanks borracho. Dips were always a strong exercise for me, so I am hoping I can continue up into the +100 range again, perhaps by the end of the year if I try a recomp upward.

I did some ham work today, some Strive Ham Curls, SLDL, and some db shrugs. Nothing too special, but I got in there and did some work so I'm happy.

galileo
06-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Did 56 mins on the treadmill @ an incline yesterday. It said 520 cals, so cool. Going to head down and do an upperbody day in a bit. Fun.

galileo
06-12-2010, 10:58 AM
06.12.2010. - ugh

Today's fun workout, brought to you by epehdrine hcl and nausea.

I jumped the chins and dips up by 5, but it was a struggle. No carbs for 2 days and this morning only a little sugar in the form of hazelnut creamer. This was entirely my mistake and frankly I feel stupid for not having at least some oatmeal when I got up. By the time I was through one set of dips, I was feeling dizzy. The cable rows almost made me puke. On the bright side, I increased my weights despite all of that.

weighted chins: +35x5, 5, 5
weighted dips: +35x8, 8
one-arm cable rows (30-60s rest): 150x10:10, 10:10

I think I was 177 last night; didn't check it today but I imagine I'm about there. I am awaiting the woosh.

I need more protein. I don't think I'm getting quite enough because protein powder just kills my stomach these days. I might pick up a box of lactaid tablets to see if that helps.

galileo
06-15-2010, 05:11 PM
I did a leg day, it was mediocre. DB lunges with 65s (meh), leg extensions, and some calf raises. I worked like 15 hours yesterday so I am totally spent today. Whatever. I think I'm getting leaner, it just hasn't been as quick as pre-vacation. Thought the couple of weeks off would help, but it didn't...so now I need to get back into the swing of it. Stress, perhaps.

galileo
06-17-2010, 07:14 PM
06.q7.2010. - Upper Body focus Chest

I'm in desperate need of a woosh, finding it hard to maintain motivation with the lack of noticeable changes. Not sure how, but my waist measurement is higher than it was @ this weight a few weeks back. Not liking that.

bench: 135x8, 155x3, 170x2, 185x2, 200x4...195x5, 5
I felt pretty low energy tonight and didn't have a spotter, so there you have it. It's been a month since I've benched, so I won't whine too much. This schedule makes it odd as far as progress goes.

db row: 95x6:6, 6:6
These were all right.

cable crossovers (30s rest): 50x12, 12, 12, 12
Again I couldn't remember, but I picked the wrong weight. ****.

I might switch it up a bit. Definitely need more protein, maybe I'll do a lower carb, but not the routine I am on now, for about a month to see how it goes. Suggestions?

ryuage
06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
UD2 love ftw :hello:

galileo
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
UD2 love ftw :hello:

Very, very tempting. My joints hate you for the suggestion, however.

ryuage
06-18-2010, 04:07 PM
what are you talking about... all the light weight should be EASIER on your joints.

though your muscles might burn.

galileo
06-19-2010, 07:18 AM
what are you talking about... all the light weight should be EASIER on your joints.

though your muscles might burn.

It's all of the machine work I end up doing coupled with the volume for the week. I can usually handle 6 weeks before I snap, so perhaps that's a way to get me to August...

ryuage
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
you're exactly 6 weeks out from august today, better get crackin

galileo
06-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I am considering it and if so, I'd start Monday. Need to re-read my copy and figure out if it will break my life.

LuNa
06-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Nice work and all Gal, good to see you are up to some consistency. Great to see you are still at it.

galileo
06-20-2010, 08:07 PM
.06.20.2010. - Day Zero of 56

Tomorrow begins the magick of The Ultimate Diet 2.0 (UD2). Are you as mother****ing excited as I am? I am going to shoot for eight weeks of this ****, but if I lose my mind mid-way through you can understand why. I've had a lot of success on this diet in the past and it's a good way to tighten things up and make sure I'm keeping to a routine. I think my issue as of late has just been not enough protein.

.diet.

My general diet will look something like this.

· 8oz turkey, 1 low carb tortillas, 2g fish oil (daily one cap, 400iu vitamin e)
· 4.5oz tuna, 1 apple, 2g fish oil (1g vitamin c)
· 8oz cochee, 4oz strawberries or blueberries, 2g fish oil
· 10oz chicken, 2g fish oil (400iu vitamin e)
Totals: 1252kcal, 25.6g fat, 67.9g carbs[18.2g fiber], 206g protein

I will swap things around a bit, but keep to this general macro setup.

.workout.

I've not decided if I am going to do the upper/lower depletion split or 2 full body days. I'm trying to scan through my past records to see what was more comfortable at the time.

Based on how I feel, I'll definitely be doing at least 1 day of cardio a week. I want to maximize my time on this routine, so there's no point in me not giving it 100%.

galileo
06-21-2010, 06:54 PM
.06.21.2010. - Day 1 of 56

Good ****ing lawd today sucked my veiny pulsating cock. I felt completely out of focus and off-center since I awoke and things didn't improve. My fiancee didn't even bother to call to say hello, since she's apparently still mad at me for buying sour cream that expires in a week. Yeah, you heard me right. Don't bother rummaging around to find cotton swabs or peroxide; your hearing is pristine. I'm sure what she's really mad about is something she wouldn't dare say aloud, so sour cream it is for today.

I ate a bit today and did my first official day of UD2 depletion. I didn't quite remember how bad it sucked until I sat in my car for 15 minutes waiting for the blood to leave my upper arms in an amount that would facilitate the function required of turning the god damned steering wheel. I drove maybe 5 more minutes before the uncontrollable urge to puke overcame me. The thoughts that tip-toed through my head, as to not trigger an unwanted reaction, over the next 10 went something like this...Please don't puke. Please don't puke. Please don't puke. > I am 99% certain that I will puke soon, I hope I make it home. > No chance of making it home, where is the best place to pull off? > I don't see any cops, I bet I can make this turn at 80 > Almost there...can taste the bile... > Where's the puke go? As I pulled into my garage, my stomach finally settled and agreed not to expel the sparse contents that remained inside. I went into the house, still breathing heavily, then landed on the couch where my body decided a nap was in order, whether I liked it or not.

I'm still not feeling well enough to eat, but I need to shove 8oz of cottage cheese down my throat before 9pm, so I can eat my chicken before bed. It's hard to imagine needing to force myself to eat on this diet, but I guess that's how today went.

.diet.

Going to hit this diet with precision. Had an albacore tuna pouch instead of a regular one, so that was 0.5oz less meat. Still around 200g, so I'm good.

· 8oz turkey, 1 low carb tortillas, 2g fish oil (daily one cap, 400iu vitamin e)
· 4oz tuna, 1 apple, 2g fish oil (1g vitamin c)
· 8oz cochee, 4oz blueberries, 2g fish oil
Totals: 1200kcal, 25g fat, 68g carbs[17g fiber], 198g protein

Eating an apple was an odd, foreign experience. Delicious however.

.workout.

There is no way in hell I would ever attempt to do all of the same part's depletion on the same day. Noooo way. I couldn't move my arms after 50% of that across a single day, I can imagine trying that ****. I started off feeling like this was pretty easy, no big deal. I ended up feeling like an idiot driving 90 on back roads to try to get home quick enough to puke. Unreal.

All (but lateral raise) were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time.

leg press: 120x15, 15, 15
calf raise: 120x15, 15, 15
leg curl: 6.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
leg extension: 6.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
neutral row: 7px15, 15, 15 (+)
chest press: 8p15, 15, 15 (+)
lateral raise: 12x15, 15
cable curls: 55x15, 15
rope pulldown: 100x15, 90x15

That's it. 24 sets, no warmups, in about 45 minutes. I will definitely be resting more tomorrow. Until then, **** off.

borracho
06-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Awesome work buddy...and very good job of thoroughly describing the car ride home...I was immediately sucked in to the story against my will... like those stupid infomercials for that rotating hand-chopper.

Patz
06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm so glad I'm me and you're you.

LuNa
06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
UD2.0 eh... I read the book and then decided i rather stay fat than do that :p. Good luck with it Gal, im sure someone with your dieting experience will be able to get some great results. Its good reading your journal again.

galileo
06-22-2010, 06:57 PM
.06.22.2010. - Day 2 of 56

Great news! I didn't puke today. I feel so accomplished. I looked back over my previous attempts at UD2 and it seems that I puked on the first day almost every time for one reason or another. Sort of proud that I held it back so well yesterday. Today, not even an urge despite the increase in weights.

There was a moment last night when I was getting into the shower, barely able to hurdle the edge of the tub, thinking to myself, "I am going to be 31 god damned years old in two months. Why the hell am I doing this to myself?" I placed my head firmly against the back wall, yielding eagerly to the protest of my quads. I felt every single water drop that punished my miserable back and legs during the time I spent convincing myself that the quicker I finished washing, the quicker I'd be back on the couch. But after that, cam an odd sense of elation, calm, and satisfaction that I did not experience at all over the last few months of dieting. The small amount of additional calories and carbs have gone a very long way in enhancing my verve and I'm hoping that it carries on this way for a while. Who thought that 1200 calories would feel "good?"

Today, work absolutely blew. The only positive is that my office furniture is finally in and I can get in there and get some privacy and quiet soon. I'm going to remote here in a minute and finish up work that needs done by 9am tomorrow. Seriously, some ****ing days...

.diet.

Same deal.

Totals: 1250kcal, 25g fat, 68g carbs[17g fiber], 206g protein

Loving this.

.workout.

El successo mucho grande. The hardest part of the workout was getting the douchebags away from the machines long enough for me to do my sets. Not to mention, I broke the cable tower before my last set, because some assho1e stole my side. Need to up the (+) exercises again next time.

leg press: 120x15, 15, 15 (+)
calf raise: 120x15, 15, 15 (+)
leg curl: 7px15, 15, 15 (+)
leg extension: 7px15, 15, 15
neutral row: 8px15, 15, 15 (+)
chest press: 8.5p15, 15, 15
lateral raise: 10x15, 15
rope pulldown: 90x15, 15

Overall, about 50 minutes to do all of the sets. Felt pretty good, honestly.

galileo
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Awesome work buddy...and very good job of thoroughly describing the car ride home...I was immediately sucked in to the story against my will... like those stupid infomercials for that rotating hand-chopper.

Thanks man. I hate those ****ing commercials.

I'm so glad I'm me and you're you.

You know what? Me too bud.

UD2.0 eh... I read the book and then decided i rather stay fat than do that :p. Good luck with it Gal, im sure someone with your dieting experience will be able to get some great results. Its good reading your journal again.

The book is a bit intimidating, but if you want to test your own mettle, this is definitely the way to do it. Glad to see you around again.

tomv
06-22-2010, 11:02 PM
**** meng, 1200 calories? + 50 to willpower right dere.

In all seriousness, good to hear that you didn't puke and that you're feeling better on the "upped calories".

galileo
06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
**** meng, 1200 calories? + 50 to willpower right dere.

In all seriousness, good to hear that you didn't puke and that you're feeling better on the "upped calories".

Thanks tom. This diet is a bit intense, but I react very favorably to ephedrine and caffeine as far as appetite suppression is concerned. The hard part of the routine for me are the high volume workouts. 360 reps in 45 minutes is a far cry from the typical < 70 I do.

Tomorrow is the tension workout. I might preface it with some morning cardio - no guarantees. Then, 400g of carbs tomorrow night, then another 800-900 on Friday. Loving UD2.

galileo
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Worked out, carbed up, and now I'm exhausted. Will post the details tomorrow, but for tonight I'm useless.

LuNa
06-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I want a detailed description of what you ate. My last fat-ass day is coming up and i need ideas :p.

Good work on the Diet Gal, keep it up!

galileo
06-26-2010, 03:42 PM
.06.24.2010. - Day 4 of 56

This is from Thursday. Been very busy and run down, so I didn't get a chance to post.

.diet.

Noms.

· 8oz cochee, 4oz strawberries, 2g fish oil
· 20oz gatorade, 25g WPI
· 175g dextrose, 70g WPI
· 2 whole wheat pita pizzas
Totals: 2370kcal, 21g fat, 326g carbs[21g fiber], 233g protein

.workout.

Update: Found my paper. All is well

leg curl: 9px12, 12, 12 (+)
leg extension: 9px12, 12, 12
calf raise: 150x12, 12
neutral row: 10.5px12, 12
chest press: 11p12, 12
lat pulldown: 108x12, 12
chest fly: 105x12
lateral raise: 15x12, 12
cable curls: 80x10, 10
rope pulldown: 120x12, 12

Yay for food time.

galileo
06-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I want a detailed description of what you ate. My last fat-ass day is coming up and i need ideas :p.

Good work on the Diet Gal, keep it up!

Sorry buddy, Thursday was a bit off. I'll make sure next Thursday is a bit more accurate.

galileo
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
.06.24.2010. - Day 6 of 56

Sorry to abbreviate this, but the last few days have sucked. Nothing related to UD2, just general stuff. I am definitely leaner, and look better already. No complaints. May even post up some before/afters in a few weeks of my progress thus far...

.diet.

My Saturday is a typical bodybuilding-esque diet. Roughly 2000 calories, 15% fat, 40% carbs, 45% protein, 100% awesome.

· 3 jumbo eggs, 3 slices whole grain oatmeal bread, 20oz milk
· 20oz gatorade
· 70g dextrose, 70g WPI
· 10oz chicken, 1lb fresh green beans
Totals: 2000kcal, 33g fat, 210g carbs[20g fiber], 190g protein

.workout.

This workout took forever.

bench press: 145x5, 165x3, 185x3, 205x5, 4, 5
I hit the rack on the 2nd set of 205, making it impossible to get the last rep.

bb rows: 155x6, 6, 6
I suck at these.

weighted dips: +45x6, +65x6, +65x6
45lb plate makes the nuts hide.

db rows: 956:6, 6:6, 6:6
Yay.

seated calf raise: ..., 140x5, 5
The seated part makes them fun.

seated leg curls: ..., 14px6, 6, 6
ezpz.

leg extensions: ..., 14px6, 6, 6
Felt nice.

Adding weight on the bench made me happy, particularly since I've not been benching much. My chest has always been the worst overall part of my physique, so any gains I can get there would help.

I did a few random things, some shoulder pressing, some wrist-roller. Nothing notable. Monday will come fast...

borracho
06-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Nice job on the increase for bench..also looks like the dips went up again?..or perhaps my memory is failing..either way nice workout bud.

galileo
06-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice job on the increase for bench..also looks like the dips went up again?..or perhaps my memory is failing..either way nice workout bud.

Thanks borracho. I wish I could lie and say that the 205 came easy; it was a struggle through every set. The dips were up by 15lbs from the last time. I was just nursing the weight upward before, I could handle more the whole time. Since I'm cutting, I said the hell with it and just added what I thought was right. After a heavy set of bench, +65 seemed pretty good.

Tomorrow, back to the grind...

galileo
06-28-2010, 07:21 PM
.06.28.2010. - Day 8 of 56

Must every Monday blow this bad? Another rough weekend (work, life, etc.) and a severe lack of sleep last night, culminating in a morning headache that was insurmountable. The day dragged on and on and I couldn't get **** done because people were in my office the entire ****ing day. The only good thing about the weekend was that my diet was spot on for sure. That's a good feeling.

By the time I got the gym, I could have only been less motivated to workout had a large, gristly horse phallus been mounted on the cable curl bar so that I was forced to gag on it at the apex of each repetition. There were a series of douchebags occupying both my machines and the narrow channel that runs between them. The workout took forgoddamnedever.

Happy to be home, but only because it means the day will end soon and I can retreat to my nightmares, which couldn't possibly be as trying as what I'm dealing with while awake.

.diet.

More diet mastery today, feeling fine about that. No real hunger with the ephedrine and caffeine rocking.

· 9oz chicken, 2g fish oil (400iu vitamin e)
Totals: 1171kcal, 25g fat, 60g carbs[17g fiber], 196g protein

.workout.

Hurrrrr deeeeeeee durrrrrrrrrrr. Workout from hell.

All (but lateral raise) were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time.
leg press: 140x15, 15, 15
calf raise: 140x15, 15, 15
leg curl: 7.5px15, 15, 15
leg extension: 7.5px15, 15, 15
neutral row: 8.5px15, 15, 15
chest press: 8.5p15, 15, 15
lateral raise: 10x15, 15
rope pulldown: 95x15, 95x15

I didn't puke, so I had that going for me. Definitely felt miserable for the last half of it.

tomv
06-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Ah well mate. **** happens. If you're really that unhappy in your current life position, why not look towards changing it?

As far as your day in the gym, just stare at their crotches while drooling next time. They'll either move along or ask for your number. Either way, you win?

galileo
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Ah well mate. **** happens. If you're really that unhappy in your current life position, why not look towards changing it?

I am doing so. Doesn't mean I can't bitch about it in the mean time.

As far as your day in the gym, just stare at their crotches while drooling next time. They'll either move along or ask for your number. Either way, you win?

Touche.

Wait...I think I spelled douche wrong.

borracho
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
By the time I got the gym, I could have only been less motivated to workout had a large, gristly horse phallus been mounted on the cable curl bar so that I was forced to gag on it at the apex of each repetition.

I am not even going to read the workout cause my assumption is that the quote above overshadows it....

but, I will still blindly say "great job, gal!".

galileo
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I am not even going to read the workout cause my assumption is that the quote above overshadows it....

but, I will still blindly say "great job, gal!".

Probably for the best.

...and thanks!!

galileo
06-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Picture yesterday, except today. That's today's update.

tomv
06-30-2010, 01:59 AM

At least you don't have AIDS?

LuNa
06-30-2010, 10:22 AM

No progress then?

galileo
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
At least you don't have AIDS?

Never assume.

No progress then?

Basically.

galileo
07-03-2010, 07:15 AM
.07.01.2010. - Day 11 of 56 : AM edition

I went to the gym in the morning and did 52 minutes of cardio, averaging around 3.65mph @ 6° burning an estimated 500 calories. It was gloriously miserable.

After a horrible shower with the complimentary "soap and shampoo hybrid' that they provide, I got dressed and headed to work. I was listening to the radio a bit and as usual there was nothing particularly interesting being played. Out of nowhere I noticed the that I had managed to form what could only be described as priapism. There was no visual or aural stimulation anywhere to be found, yet somehow I managed to don a raging erection for the next 5 minutes. I have no conclusions to draw from this, except a fringe case where my body thought it was time to wake up so it greeted me with a morning wood.
.OCD.

All right, so I did some calculatin' to see what, in theory, I should be losing/gaining on this diet.

Estimated BMR: 15 * bw = 2640 kcal
15 accounts for new, higher volume workouts
Weekly BMR: 18480 kcal

First 3.5 Days
Core Daily Deficit: 1440
Cardio-Induced Deficit: 500

Total 3.5 Day Deficit: 5540 (9240 - 4200 + 500) or 1.35lbs

Second 3.5 Days
Calorie Intake: 9000 kcal (5000, 2000, 2000)
Core Daily Deficit: 70 kcal
Total 3.5 Day Deficit: 240kcal

In other words: 18480 + 500 - (1200 * 3.5) - 5000 - (2000 * 2) = 5780 (1.4 @ 4086/lb)

This feels pretty spot on with where I am right now. A few more weeks and we'll see where to adjust.

.workout. - pm

Sorry for this lackluster account, I was just in a surpeme hurry the last few days.

leg press: 150x12, 12
calf raise: 150x12, 12
leg curl: 9.5px12, 12*
leg extension: 9px12, 12
chest press: 10x12, 12
lat pulldon: 108px12, 10
chest fly: 105x12, 12
cable curls: 80x12, 12
rope pulldown: 120x10, 10

Two things to note: the leg curl weight was perfect and I will never deplete with lateral raises again. My body uses shoulders far too greatly for everything to even consider itl

/endz.

galileo
07-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Quick one...

Worked out. It kinda sucked. I did the lawn this morning and spent a lot of time doing energy-draining things before the gym. Worked out on very little morning food, so I didn't hold up so well. Only got 210x3 on bench, then switched back down to 195 where 3 more were only possible. Clearly an energy issue. Did 100s on db row for 5s. Upped my weights on some machine-based leg lifts, but overall pretty dismal. I am mildly afraid that my recovery isn't doing so well between the Thursday and Saturday workouts. I made it up to 1000g of carbs over Thursday-night to Friday, which is a little lower than the recommendation of 1100-1200g. Not enough where I would've expected an impact.

Now I'm exhausted and ready for some relaxation.

galileo
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
.07.05.2010. - Day 15 of 56

No work today...woo. That was a pretty important part of my 4th o' July recovery protocol. Did I eat well this weekend? About half. But, I don't think my calories were high enough to really have an issue. However, my Saturday morning brought on more of a bloat than I had expected from the carb up. I'm not sure if it was the milk or captain crunch or what. I'm going to try cutting back on the milk and drinking more water for the next carb load phase.

I looked leaner last Thursday for sure, but between Saturday and Tuesday I'm still not as far along as I'd like to be. After 4 weeks I may switch it up to something with lower frequency for a few. I'll see how I feel by Thursday with a few days of cardio mixed in on Wednesday and Thursday morning. I'm getting antsy I guess.

.diet.

Way low on the calories today. I had bit of a hangover this morning, so I didn't start eating until noonish. It was worth it. I haven't decided for sure, but I may throw something else in the mix before sleep; perhaps more cochee is in order.

· 8oz cochee, 4oz strawberries
· 60g WPI
· 14.5oz chicken, 3g fish oil
Totals: 925kcal, 5g fat, 17g carbs[2.3g fiber], 199g protein

.workout.

This was sort of miserable. The removal of the lateral raises is a very good idea; my shoulder feels way better already. I need to bump up a few of the weights, which is a good sign.

leg press: 150x15, 15, 15
calf raise: 150x15, 15, 15
leg curl: 7.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
leg extension: 7.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
neutral row: 8.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
chest press: 8.5p15, 15, 15 (+)
rope pulldown: 95x15, 95x15

I started feeling the urge to puke, drank a lot of water and just tried to settle myself. I staved it off again this time, thankfully.

galileo
07-06-2010, 06:34 AM
The quad pinch hit what I believe is an all-time low of 10mm today on all 3 attempts. Everything is getting leaner, yay.

galileo
07-06-2010, 08:19 PM
.07.06.2010. - Day 16 of 56

Geez, I stop posting cock references and the place clears out.

Someone at work today said something about me "disappearing." I take that to mean my diet is working out well. Plus the lowest leg pinch I can recall in forever. I want to go back and check, but my thread is so big that I can't ****ing search in a reasonable amount of time. Other than the diet progress, today blew underage highschool kids that bragged to their friends and got the day thrown into jail on statutory rape charges.

I'm going to attempt to get up for some Y+C fueled cardio in the morning, but no ****ing promises. Tonight's workout was late and it sucked.

.diet.

I started eating too late today and it threw me all off. Completely busy all day, not much time to get a break.

· 8oz cochee, 4oz raspberries
· 1 can tuna, 1 apple
· 60g WPI
· 9.3oz chicken
Totals: 979kcal, 8g fat, 37g carbs[10g fiber], 193g protein

.workout.

Another miserable workout. I couldn't leave work until my ephedrine was nothing but a wistful, distant memory. The longing in my heart grew deeper as the reps went on, believe that. I accidentally bumped my leg work up by too much, but it turned out that it was the right weight anyhow.

All were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time, (*) was perfect.
leg press: 150x15, 15, 15 (+)
calf raise: 150x15, 15, 15 (*)
leg curl: 9px15, 15, 15 (*)
leg extension: 9px15, 15, 15 (*)
neutral row: 9px15, 15, 15 (*)
chest press: 9p15, 15, 15 (*)
cable curls: 55x15, 15(*)
rope pulldown: 95x15, 95x15(*)

I felt all right, just super tired and hungry.

galileo
07-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Did 30 minutes of SS cardio. My heart wasn't in it; ran out of ephedrine today and couldn't take yohimbine @ 6pm when I went to the gym. Meh.

borracho
07-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Besides giving you a woman beating phallus, what is the intended use of the yohimbine?

tomv
07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Jesus christ man, why do you do this to yourself?

1000kcal in a day? What the ****?

galileo
07-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Besides giving you a woman beating phallus, what is the intended use of the yohimbine?

There's a book Lyle McDonald wrote on Yohimbine that's pretty good. Aside from the priapism, it helps mobilize stubborn fat. I don't feel that it's completely important at this point, but anecdotally, it has been good to use pre-cardio.

Jesus christ man, why do you do this to yourself?

1000kcal in a day? What the ****?

It's just UD2. Not as bad as it sounds, honestly. Over tonight and tomorrow I'll be eating about 5000 calories of carby goodness.

On that note, I'm down to 174 and my pinches are a true pec: 4.5, quad: 10mm, ab: 8.5-9mm. That puts me at a 3-site of around 6.85%. I'm not sure what happens when all of my pinches stop lowering for about a month, but it seems that it happens and I'm still getting leaner. The big one that dropped is my suprailiac went to 8.5mm as well. That's fantastic. Leanocity.

LuNa
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
There's a book Lyle McDonald wrote on Yohimbine that's pretty good. Aside from the priapism, it helps mobilize stubborn fat. I don't feel that it's completely important at this point, but anecdotally, it has been good to use pre-cardio.

It's just UD2. Not as bad as it sounds, honestly. Over tonight and tomorrow I'll be eating about 5000 calories of carby goodness.

On that note, I'm down to 174 and my pinches are a true pec: 4.5, quad: 10mm, ab: 8.5-9mm. That puts me at a 3-site of around 6.85%. I'm not sure what happens when all of my pinches stop lowering for about a month, but it seems that it happens and I'm still getting leaner. The big one that dropped is my suprailiac went to 8.5mm as well. That's fantastic. Leanocity.

Skinny!

Nice work Gal :). I think you said before you need to add 2% to get the actual % so that get you under 9% which is really impressive dude!

galileo
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Skinny!

Nice work Gal :). I think you said before you need to add 2% to get the actual % so that get you under 9% which is really impressive dude!

I'm doing my thang.

About 3-4% most typically. I look pretty much 10% solid at this point.

tomv
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Any reason you like to be lean beef? I.e. any thoughts of competing one day, or just your thang?

galileo
07-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Any reason you like to be lean beef? I.e. any thoughts of competing one day, or just your thang?

In this particular case, my assistant asked me how I knew so much about nutrition since I didn't work out. Then my boss informed me that I had gotten fat. So, aside from being extremely offended, I'm trying to get as lean as possible so when I put on a little more muscle later, I will not have to spend as much time getting back to leanness.

I was up around nearly 200lbs, not in good shape. Now I'm in the 173.5 area doing pretty well. I definitely recovered a lot of muscle in the mean time, so I look like a new person.

Also, my friend has a wedding up on the lake over labor day, so if I have the opportunity to rock full-on abs there, I'm going to take it.

galileo
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
.07.10.2010. Day 20 of 56 : "Power" workout

I felt pretty decent today. My strength wasn't anything spectacular, but I feel like I got a very solid workout overall. I looked full but not bloated, which was a nice change of pace.

incline db press: 45x8, 60x3, 70x5, 5, 75x5
After the first set of the 70s, I felt my left shoulder tweak a bit. I was afraid I was going to pull it, so I went over to the bands and stretched it a little. I went back and cautiously tried a second set with the 70s and it felt fine. Light even. Bumped to 75s and I was good to go. Next time I will be able to get 3x5 with them I'm sure, then hopefully make my way to the 80s before long.

bb row: 115x5, 145x3, 160x3, 175x5, 5, 5
Not sure how I can do 100s on db row, but the bb row is just awkward and uncomfortable.

weighted dips: +25x5, +70x5, 5, 5
I feel like on this exercise I can truly fight to get every last rep. Some exercises you just can't fight without losing form, but on dips there's not many ways to get it wrong. 70 (plus about 5lbs for the belt) is the best I've done in a long time. It amounts to roughly 250lbs all told.

deadlifts: warms...275x1
First time in a long time, was pretty happy with 275. It wasn't the best I could muster, but I want to feel out my back before I go further.

seated calf raise: 160x5, 5, 5
Long pauses, nothing special.

lat pulldowns: 13p x5, 5, 5
The 13 plates on the pulldown machine reads "156" written in some silver marker. This 156 must be kilograms, because the bar lifts me off of the seat with every rep. I have to fight my way to stay in the knee-harness. Felt good though. To contract, the 150 on the other tower in the gym I can pulldown with one arm. These things are stupid.

tomv
07-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Also, my friend has a wedding up on the lake over labor day, so if I have the opportunity to rock full-on abs there, I'm going to take it.

****in' A. I try not to be a vain bastard but when an opportunity comes to show off my accumulated hours in the gym, I do enjoy it. (this is through strength, abz are definitely not visible).

LuNa
07-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Good looking session Gal, especially since you are on UD. You will definitely be showing off some fine abs when that weddings comes round.

SW
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM
174 is a long way from 200. Really glad to come back in here and see you meeting some goals, man.
How low are you going, or is it a certain pinch you're looking for? BTW, glad to be back and posting in your journal! Now it will likely smell of me. I said that.

galileo
07-12-2010, 07:18 PM
****in' A. I try not to be a vain bastard but when an opportunity comes to show off my accumulated hours in the gym, I do enjoy it. (this is through strength, abz are definitely not visible).

I'm not, really. It's just not often that I have a stretch of time where I can focus long enough to get lean.

Good looking session Gal, especially since you are on UD. You will definitely be showing off some fine abs when that weddings comes round.

I hope so. Every weekend after my refeed, I get the feeling like I'm not making enough progress. It's almost entirely due to the refeed, but it takes everything I have to convince myself to stay the course. My brain is constantly betraying me.

174 is a long way from 200. Really glad to come back in here and see you meeting some goals, man.
How low are you going, or is it a certain pinch you're looking for? BTW, glad to be back and posting in your journal! Now it will likely smell of me. I said that.

Nick! Long time no see. I'm definitely a good bit down, that's for sure. I have hit all of my minor goals thus far, I just need to keep pressing on toward my bigger ones. Definitely glad to have you back in here.

galileo
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the concern. Dicks.

I UD2'd the week before last. Got sick on Friday and it lasted until Wednesday. Took the rest of the week off and started back fresh today. Morning low about 172, high about 175. I should be back on target no problems this week and will resume my progress.

More when there's time.

ryuage
07-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Omg are you ok!!!!????

galileo
07-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Omg are you ok!!!!????

Yes, thanks for asking.

LuNa
07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the concern. Dicks.

I UD2'd the week before last. Got sick on Friday and it lasted until Wednesday. Took the rest of the week off and started back fresh today. Morning low about 172, high about 175. I should be back on target no problems this week and will resume my progress.

More when there's time.

Shame to here. Maybe this is your body telling you you should start bulking :). Good luck getting back into things.

tomv
07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Have a glass of cement.

galileo
07-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Shame to here. Maybe this is your body telling you you should start bulking :). Good luck getting back into things.

Yeah, that's not going to happen anytime soon. Maybe by November.

Have a glass of cement.

Eat my dead cock.

galileo
07-30-2010, 05:59 AM
.07.29.2010. - Day what? I will count later.

I can't believe it's been so long. Well, I'm refeeding right now and it's enjoyable. I managed to forget my cream cheese at home, so now I'll be either eating dry bagels or running to Wal*Mart to get some. Always a challenge.

I've been quite tied up here at work lately, so it's been more difficult to update than I would've thought. But, in the interest of making it easier for me to remember what to do next time, I'll try to keep it up.

Final Depletion
cybex* leg press: 200x12, 12
calf raise: 200x12, 12
leg curl: 10.5px12, 12 (+)
leg extension: 10.5px12, 12
chest press: 11p12, 12
lat pulldown: 11x12, 10 (-)
chest fly: 120x12, 12
cable curls: 85x12
rope pulldown: 120x12

As I compare these numbers to the past, I'm definitely getting stronger in these exercises. That's pretty good.

I'm getting leaner, but now that I'm in a lower bodyfat range than typical, my overall calorie reduction and pace have declined a bit. I went back to UD2 this week because of the ease of implementation, but I'm considering trying a true intermittent fast (a la Martin Berkhan) for a few weeks to see how that works out.

Work time.

galileo
07-31-2010, 04:03 PM
I totally did stuff. Nothing good, but stuff.

incline db press with 80s.
deadlift up to 275, where I failed.
db rows with 95s
seated calf raises with 180
db shrugs with 100s
cybex leg presses with 270
lat pulldown with 13p.

I am pretty tired now, but I'm glad I made it through the full body deal. I need to spend an hour or two tomorrow and put together a new routine. Specifically one that isn't full body. I am considering employing the help of Martin Berkhan, but we'll see.

tomv
07-31-2010, 07:41 PM
I am pretty tired now, but I'm glad I made it through the full body deal. I need to spend an hour or two tomorrow and put together a new routine. Specifically one that isn't full body. I am considering employing the help of Martin Berkhan, but we'll see.

I am also considering trying IF in the upcoming weeks.

LuNa
08-01-2010, 02:52 AM
I would love to see you try IF as im thinking about using it for next year. I also think that you would do better on a non full body split, so get that program sorted out.

borracho
08-02-2010, 10:56 AM
80lb inclines are not bad "stuff"...not bad at all. And considering you're leaning out thats pretty damn impressive. I wish I could do some inclines with taht weight at this point. Looking on point bud.

galileo
08-03-2010, 06:36 AM
I am also considering trying IF in the upcoming weeks.

I find it to be fairly suitable for me. I can hold off on eating until noon-1pm with all of the coffee I consume, so there's no real discomfort. Hell, I find it almost difficult to get the 1900 calories in during that 8 hour window when it's higher in clean carbs.

I would love to see you try IF as im thinking about using it for next year. I also think that you would do better on a non full body split, so get that program sorted out.

I'll post a fair amount of detail in here with what I'm doing. If I end up using Martin as a consultant for this, I will have to dial back the detail a little, but since he hasn't responded to my email it isn't looking terribly good.

80lb inclines are not bad "stuff"...not bad at all. And considering you're leaning out thats pretty damn impressive. I wish I could do some inclines with taht weight at this point. Looking on point bud.

Thanks b0rrach0. Had I not been a bit stronger in the past, I'd not complain too much. I'm pretty sure switching to a reasonable diet/training routine for a bit will sort things out.

A bit later I will post up some new things. A summary of these new things - moderate deficit (11 * bw cals), 3 or 4 day split with low volume, eat from noon-8pm ish, get ripped. More to come.

galileo
08-04-2010, 06:58 AM
.08.03.2010. Intermittent Fasting

Trying a true IF for a few weeks to see how it suits me. Two things about it make it perfect for me. First, I don't get hungry until noon most days because of ephedrine/caffeine + coffee. If I skipped those, I'd be ravenous by 8:04, but since I don't, it's perfect. Second, training with a realistic low volume split makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm actually going to give a shot at a Reverse Pyramid routine, 3 day split - back/bi, legs/abs, chest/tris. It's been years and years since I've done a more traditional split, so I'm actually a bit excited to do that and get some decent weights going.

I sit around 174, no longer depleted during the week. Seems about right. Getting new veins every week, so things are going well.

.diet.

At 12:30pm, I broke the fast with about 10g of BCAAs (Purple Wraath), then made it off to my workout by about 1:30. From there I ate a fairly large meal of 8oz turkey, low carb tortilla, 5oz of oats, and a can of tuna. Came home and had a medium sized homemade muffin. A bit later I had 12oz of cottage cheese with 4oz of fresh picked blueberries from this farm my fiancee's sister went to in Ohio. Awesome. Followed that with a cup of greek yogurt and my evening was set. My eating window was up until about 8:30pm, then back to the fast until 12:30pm on the following day. This is quite managable.

My total calories were a little on the low side for the day at around 1700, but I got at least 180g of protein, which is what counts the most to me right now. I'll get a bit more in terms of carbs on my next workout day, but I just need to better prepare.

.workout.

Reverse pyramid style. A light warmup, then right onto the heavy set, trending downwards by roughly 10% weight, adding a rep.

neutral chins: +35x4 [~210], +15x5 [~190], +5x6 [~180], +0x10 [~175]
I opted to go with the same weight I did before since it'd been a few months since I've done the chinups. It worked out pretty well.

db rows: 100x4:4, 90x5:5, 80x6:6, 55x10:10
I wish they had some 105 or 110s at the gym, but they don't. The 100s were not too hard at this weight, so I'm going to have to switch to the dreaded barbell rows next time.

preacher curl: 65x6, 6
This was a ridiculously poor effort. I haven't done preacher curls since I was a teenager. I don't know what made me want to try them, but I figured since I was doing a regular old split, it was about time. The motion just felt awkward, but I didn't have the motivation to take the 25s off and go find less weight, so I stuck it out. Likely a little more cheating on this than necessary, so for next time I'll definitely drop it a little and see how it goes.

Solid first go at a back/bicep day. I hope Thursday's leg effort goes well - without squats I fear I'll be forced to do some heavy lunges, which are borderline masochistic.

borracho
08-04-2010, 08:01 AM
It'll be interesting to see how the IF treats you...and nice to see some "decent weights" going, again.

tomv
08-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Hurray for change. Let's see what happens, eh?

LuNa
08-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all the detail Gal. Good to see you smash some heavy weights! Good luck with the diet.

galileo
08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the IF treats you...and nice to see some "decent weights" going, again.

I'm pretty anxious to see myself. So far, so good.

Hurray for change. Let's see what happens, eh?

I'll be able to make a solid assessment after about 3-4 weeks, so stay tuned.

Thanks for all the detail Gal. Good to see you smash some heavy weights! Good luck with the diet.

No problem, man. We'll see how heavy things get...

galileo
08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
.08.05.2010. Legs or something.

My energy is pretty high and my weight has settled down to around 173 this morning. With almost a pound of oatmeal in my gut per day, I'd say that keeping my weight here is a clear victory.

Very weird, but my pecs are sore from back day as well. Not at all expected. My back and biceps were insanely sore, and while this isn't an indicator of anything, I can't say I didn't miss the feeling a little.

I did some pinches on myself and found my pec to be about 3mm, suprailiac with sub-10, and legs were 9-10. Low 6s by 3-site. Still have some lower chest fat that I don't care too much for, but I'm continuing to drop. The pace is a bit slower than before, but I'm only aiming for consistency.

.diet.

I broke my fast about 1pm, not with BCAA this time, but with 12oz of cottage cheese, 4oz of blueberries, and 6oz of oatmeal. I couldn't get to the gym in the early afternoon, so it was better to eat a big meal then hit the gym. I preferred the feel of my Tuesday workout so I think I'll see how it goes next time with that plan.

After my workout, I had a muffin, some protein, 21oz of skim milk, and 3 servings of a Kashi cereal.

I hit about 2100 calories today, getting a little shy of 200g of protein. I need to find a way to cycle my carbs and fats a little better for non-workout days.

.workout.

Routine: reverse pyramid style. A light warmup, then right onto the heavy set, trending downwards by roughly 10% weight, adding a rep.

db lunges: warms (25s, 45s), 65sx4:4
Felt like I tweaked something in my groin a little, so I backed off and moved on to leg press.

cybex leg press: 310x4, 270x5, 240x6, 200x10
There we go, I guess.

leg extensions: 144x4, 144x5, 132x6, 100x10
The 144 was too light, will bump it next time.

leg curls: 141x5, 141x5, 130x6, 100x10
Again I picked light on this, so next week I'll jump it up.

I was going to do abs, but I was actually still sore in the abs from back day. Chinups oddly kill my abs.

That's it. I'm going to Mayhem Fest this weekend, so that'll cut into my weekend restrictions, but I should be able to manage to hold off on eating until at least 1 or 2. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym in time, may have to table it until Sunday.

tomv
08-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Why no squats on leg day?

galileo
08-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Why no squats on leg day?

I can't squat due to lower back issues. My left leg is 1.4mm longer (fell off of a building when I was 13), so I need these orthotics to keep my hips even. Unfortunately, I'm not quite to a place where strain doesn't occur on my lower back as a result. In the mean time, lunges and deads seem to avoid that issue, so I do them.

tomv
08-07-2010, 01:15 AM
I can't squat due to lower back issues. My left leg is 1.4mm longer (fell off of a building when I was 13), so I need these orthotics to keep my hips even. Unfortunately, I'm not quite to a place where strain doesn't occur on my lower back as a result. In the mean time, lunges and deads seem to avoid that issue, so I do them.

Approved.

LuNa
08-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Everything is looking good Gal, you seem to be on top of things. I guess its too early to tell, but how are you feeling on IF?

galileo
08-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Everything is looking good Gal, you seem to be on top of things. I guess its too early to tell, but how are you feeling on IF?

Well, at the end of last week I had hit 171 and was looking to be making progress. I blew it this weekend, but the IF routine is fantastic so far. Ignore all of the studies and science about it and just recognize how much easier it is to restrict your calories appropriately when eating in a much smaller window of time. Perfect, given that I'm pretty confident that muscle loss isn't a worry.

The only thing that I hate right now is that my average weight loss since June has been about 0.75lbs a week. I would've expected a bit more with UD2, but it wasn't really delivering. Since going toward IF, it looks more like 1-1.5lbs a week, which 1lb is really the goal for my current fat-levels.

galileo
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
.08.09.2010. Front delt and tris...er, I mean chest.

The weekend was pretty crappy. I spent Saturday out in the hot sun at Mayhem Fest and Sunday recovering from said festival. By the way, I am way too old to be going to Mayhem Fest. Talk about dirty, obese idiots. The scene has changed a lot since I made my way out of it, that's for sure. Almost got into 3 fights while I was there. Fortunately for my criminal record, the guys backed down after my initial threats. Personal space is important.

I didn't eat so well, particularly Saturday, where I opted for a few double cheeseburgers to ensure appropriate protein intake. I was miserable Sunday, so I pushed my workout until Monday, so I paid for it in some way. I am sittng around 173 now, not sure how much of it is water/junk vs. doing any real damage.

.diet.

Broke the fast at almost 2:30 with some BCAAs. Post workout, went onto 8oz of turkey on white and 5.5oz oatmeal. Followed that with 6oz of chicken, some greek yogurt, a couple of potatoes, and a protein shake. Fun. Around 1800-1900 calories and ample protein.

.workout.

Routine: reverse pyramid style. A light warmup, then right onto the heavy set, trending downwards by roughly 10% weight, adding a rep.

Didn't start until 5, which was way after I broke the fast...

incline db press: warms, 75x4, 65x5, 60x6, 55x10
During my warmups it was very clear that my strength was not optimal today. It was hard to get the weight off into start position, else I would've went for 80s. I did the wise thing and kept it to 75s this time, which was appropriate.

weighted dips: +70x4, +55x5, +25x6, +10x10
Yay weighted dips. Yawned between sets...was exhausted.

rope pulldowns: 145x4, 125x5, 110x10
This was very, very hard today. I got them, but my tris were destroyed from the rest.

borracho
08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Exactly why I opted not to go to mayhem this year..cant risk my job for getting into stupid fights w drunk teens for stupid stuff.

tomv
08-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Wut's mayhem?

galileo
08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Exactly why I opted not to go to mayhem this year..cant risk my job for getting into stupid fights w drunk teens for stupid stuff.

I assure you, I won't attend another for that very reason.

Wut's mayhem?

It's like anarchy, but with more hatred.

SW
08-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Mayhem made me think of an event I attended. East St. Louis has what's called Pointe Fest every year. Went a couple of years ago. 30,000 people and you are fenced into this complex/arena with them. I have a well known dirty hippie issue and the 6 of us came into contact with thousands. Just so you know, if you aren't familiar with downtown East St. Louis, it is not recommended to leave the concert at 2am and proceed to get ****ing lost down there.

galileo
08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Mayhem made me think of an event I attended. East St. Louis has what's called Pointe Fest every year. Went a couple of years ago. 30,000 people and you are fenced into this complex/arena with them. I have a well known dirty hippie issue and the 6 of us came into contact with thousands. Just so you know, if you aren't familiar with downtown East St. Louis, it is not recommended to leave the concert at 2am and proceed to get ****ing lost down there.

Yes, I'm familiar with East St. Louis (and the White Castle woot), and I wouldn't want to get lost there at 2pm let alone 2am.

borracho
08-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Yes, I'm familiar with East St. Louis (and the White Castle woot), and I wouldn't want to get lost there at 2pm let alone 2am.

I had to go to training in StL a few years back...cruising through some of the ghettos was ****ing exhilarating.

And that was also my first exposure to white castle...wasnt a fan of the burgers but the little chicken/marinara sandwiches were the effin ****!

galileo
08-12-2010, 10:57 AM
.08.11.2010. Legs. Stupid, stupid legs.

All right, so I did a chest day on Monday right? So why are my lats the sorest part of my body? Why on last week's back day, was my chest sore? I think maybe I'm doing every exercise in my entire routine backwards. During a bench press, you're supposed to pull the weight up to your chest, right? I'm miserable sore today and there's no end in sight.

172.5 this morning, but very likely 172 or less by tomorrow.

.diet.

Broke the fast at around 2:30 with some BCAAs, then went to the gym by 4:00. Again, too much time inbetween, but I just couldn't break away from work. I made some homemade pita pizzas with 2% cheese, had some toast, some turkey, and so on. Led up to about 1900 calories, plenty of protein, and all is still good in the universe.

.workout.

I was definitely tired for this one.

cybex leg press: warms, 280x4, 240x5, 220x6, 200x10
When doing the warmups, the machine was set to the ATF range. I noticed it that this setting actually increases the tension on the machine, not just tension within a range. When I moved it up to something slightly below parallel, the weight was was easier. The 280 was done at the lowest setting, the rest were up one notch, which is where I think I'll stick from now on for consistency. 280 - impossibly hard, 240 - not too bad, 220 - easy, and 200 - cake.

I felt really amazed at first that the weight for the LP was so difficult. I frankly got a bit nervous that I'd lost a tremendous amount of strength. I'm glad that I discovered the tension thing, but I still need to experiment a bit more. I'm also going to consider some other leg options. Once I move back up to PA, there are some legit leg presses there, plus a V-Squat machine, which is a huge pain to load, but takes much of the stress off of the lower back. We'll see how that goes.

cybex leg curls: 14px4, 13px5, 12px6, 11px10
There was a chick there who was on the elliptical in a sports bra, working very hard on her cardiovascular health. Quite distracting.

cybex leg extensions: 13px4, 12px5, 11px6, 10px10
I was still distracted.

cybex calf raises: 13.5px4, 12.5px5, 11.5x8
A little on the simple side, even with long pauses.

Now, get off my lawn.

galileo
08-15-2010, 10:30 AM
I did a back day on friday, but I'm lazy and didn't feel like posting it.

neutral chins, +40 downward.
bb rows, I'm a weak person and did like 155 downward.
bbshrugs, 225 for some
preacher curls, 55s down.

yep.

tomv
08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I did a back day on friday, but I'm lazy and didn't feel like posting it.

neutral chins, +40 downward.
bb rows, I'm a weak person and did like 155 downward.
bbshrugs, 225 for some
preacher curls, 55s down.

yep.

You startin to look jackt & tan?

galileo
08-15-2010, 06:14 PM
You startin to look jackt & tan?

Anytime I do preacher curls, I feel like I should be more Jersey Shore. It's disturbing.

I am, however, leaner. Keep seeing new veins and new areas that have dropped fat. No tan.

galileo
08-16-2010, 04:54 PM
.08.16.2010. It's a chest day.

The weekend was again sort of "meh", but I feel like I'm still on the right track. I just need to get more protein in when I can during times when my schedule isn't as well-defined.

Anxious to see what I weigh tomorrow morning. I was down a pound from last Monday this morning, but I've yet to break into the 171-171.5 range. Not sure what's causing me to stick.

.diet.

Broke the fast at 1:00, worked out about 1:30. On to 6oz of oatmeal, turkey wrap, some chicken, cottage cheese, and perhaps some protein pancakes a bit later. My aim will be still the 1900 calorie range.

.workout.

Mondays aren't my favorite.

incline db press: warmups, +75x4, 65x5, 60x6, 55x10
I squeezed the dumbbells hard, lowered all the way to my chest and pushed with all focus I could muster on my chest. This is literally the only way I can get these to work as a viable chest exercise, when my delts and triceps take over. See also, all other chest work I perform.

weighted dips: +75x4, +55x5, +25x6, +10x10
Bumped my working set up by 5. It was solid, but I could definitely feel the wear from the previous sets.

jm press: 45x5, 95x5, 115x5
All simple, but I wanted to try to get a feel for the motion again. I hate when people look at me like I'm doing a ****ty, weak bench.

That should do it.

galileo
08-18-2010, 08:09 PM
.08.18.2010. Legs.

Yesterday I woke up to find 175 on the scale. Very unpredictable weight right now, but I still appear to be getting leaner. I am refeeding a bit more thoroughly tonight, it's probably overdue. This morning was 173, so whatever.

Here's an example of my vascularity as it stand now, cold. After some upper body work all of the top and bicep veins flare out pretty nicely, I'll grab a shot of that sometime.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5148684/vascularity.jpg

.diet.

Broke the fast at 2:00, ate cereals, breads, oats, and so on. About 3000 calories, 400g+ of carbs. Nice and simple refeed.

.workout.

The gym was boring tonight.

cybex leg press: 300x4, 270x5, 250x6, 225x10
Much easier than last time.

leg curls: 14.5px4, 13.5x5, 12.5x6, 11.5x10
Messed up and dropped one plate too many. Lack of focus, I suppose. I will bump this next week.

leg extensions: 13.5x4, 12.5x5, 11.5x6, 10.5x10
Felt strong throughout these, but they were still challenging reps. Bump next time too.

seated calf raise: 90x8, 140x8, 150x8, 8
Weee.

LuNa
08-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Looking good gal, the veins are popping out nicely. IF seems to be going well. Nice weight on the dips aswell.

galileo
08-21-2010, 02:00 PM
.08.21.2010. Back.

Today's workout was brought to you by me being tired as **** yesterday, arguing with a consultant, and having a nerve-destroying week. I'm here though, cortisol and all.

.diet.

Technically didn't fast this morning, since I had ff hazelnut creamer in my coffee. I don't care. BCAA, workout, then some WPI and chocolate cheerios. In a bit some oatmeal and eggs, and we'll see from there. Need to hit the grocery store.

.workout.

Blehs.

neutral chins: warmups, +45x4, 20x5, 10x6, BWx10
I was tired throughout this whole ordeal. Likely because the last two days I did low carb, because Friday I had to skip my workout.

bb rows: warms, some 160x5, some 170x4, 155x5, 135x6, 115x10
At least it was more than last time.

db shrugs: 100s for 8s

preacher curls: 60x6, 6
These are intensely difficult.

galileo
08-30-2010, 05:15 PM
My birthday was on Friday. Thanks you ****s.

I worked out last week a few times, got 80s on incline for 3 solid, but 4 didn't happen. Increased dips and tricep pulldowns. All fun,

Today I did +50x4, +25x5, +10x6, +0x10 for chins, did 175 and down for bb rows, then 65x8, 6 on preacher curls. Did some other activities.

The cardio chick was there wearing a wife-beater with no bra doing high intensity elliptical work. I think someone has daddy issues. I approve of her acting out, however.

borracho
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
My birthday was on Friday. Thanks you ****s.

We're all proud of you that you're still hitting the gym at the ripe old age of old as ****. Congrats gal!

Glad to hear the training/dieting is still on track bud.

tomv
08-30-2010, 10:49 PM
The cardio chick was there wearing a wife-beater with no bra doing high intensity elliptical work. I think someone has daddy issues. I approve of her acting out, however.

Why mention this without pictures? Dick move.

tomv
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
What, you're too good to f'in update regularly?

galileo
09-05-2010, 06:47 AM
I left for Michigan on Thursday morning to attend a destination wedding. Here's an update - I have eaten a ton and drank more than that.

Chubrock
09-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Well considering where you live, you're one up on all the other inbred mother ****ers. You still have your teeth.

galileo
09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Well considering where you live, you're one up on all the other inbred mother ****ers. You still have your teeth.

That's southern WV. Like where Rushbrook lives.

I did the worksouts. Nothing too fun, 75x5, 65x6, 60x10 on incline, then +80x3, +55x5, +30x6, +bwx8 for weighted dips, then 125 on the cybex stack for rope pulldowns 2x6.

I feel tired. Very tired.

tomv
09-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Any consistency / comments regarding IF?

galileo
09-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Any consistency / comments regarding IF?

Since I switched to IF, I had one minor bout of illness, my birthday (cake everywhere), and then this 6 day wedding fiasco, so I can't tell you in terms of fat loss much. But I can tell you this:

1. I gained strength, didn't lose it (even while my weight went down).
2. I felt better when on it than on UD2 by a long shot. Probably the best I have felt on a diet, honestly.
3. It is easy to follow and reasonable.

I am back to it now, hoping to enjoy some consistency until Halloween, which is 7 weeks. I plan on doing more refeeding than I had and building a slightly more aggressive deficit on non-workout days. 172 was sort of a plateau, but now that I'm at 175 I'll have to find a new plateau.

galileo
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
.09.11.2010. Legs and strife.

I have no idea what got into me today, but I was able to kill it, compared to last leg workout.

.workout.

Routine: reverse pyramid style. A light warmup, then right onto the heavy set, trending downwards by roughly 10% weight, adding a rep. (Deviated a little today).

rack pulls (no straps): 135x10, 225x5, 315x3, 365x1, 385x1, 405x1
I was shaking a bit on the last rep, but without straps it was too hard to hold onto the 405 for longer than a few seconds. I definitely got the rep, but I really should get straps.

cybex leg press: warms, ..., 380x5
Yeah, that's 80 more pounds this time.

leg curls: 153x4, 141x5, 130x6
About 30 seconds in between each. Nailed them.

seated calf raises: 2pps x5, 5
Rough, but solid.

Very impressed with myself today. Not that I did any amazing weights or anything, but compared to last time I am progressing pretty well. I couldn't believe the huge jump on leg press...I hope I can hold onto that.

galileo
09-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi.

Got chicken pox. Yeah, never had them as a kid. Glad you're all so worried.

Focused70
09-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Hi.

:(

Get well soon!

You're still my favorite wannabe joto (other than Rene, of course).

tomv
09-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi.

Not your mother, sheesh.

galileo
09-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Not your mother, sheesh.

You're definitely a mother.

Focused70
09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
*yanks Xian's chain*

galileo
10-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I officially signed on for consultation with Martin Berkham for his structured Intermittent Fasting protocol. I won't be able to post a lot of detail for some parts of the protocol, due to privacy agreements. However, I will at least be able to update progress and a lot of general stuff.

Back to normal routine Monday - starting consultation for the next.

I put on a few pounds, but I'm around 173 today...depleted muscularly, bloated lypolic...aly.

LuNa
10-11-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi.

*stays far away*

I like the last session you put in Gal. Congrats on the weight jump on the leg press, thats a nice increase.

Shame you wont be able to post details on IF, but the results will speak for themselves. Enjoy the consultation.

galileo
10-14-2010, 05:34 PM
I made it back to the gym today. It was dismal but all accounts. I lost a few pounds coming off of the illness, I guess. I was 169.5 this morning, which means I was just holding onto water, etc the other day. It shows. My bench dropped about 40lbs, so I need to get focused on reclaiming that. Not officially on the diet or routine yet, so I'll say the training plan is a bit different than my norm, so we'll see how that goes. The diet is very close to what I've been running for a while now, except the swing between days is different and the protein is a lot higher than I am used to getting in a day.

galileo
10-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Day one of the official IF program is here. What I will say is that I consumed about 2250 calories and far more protein than I am used to consuming. I worked out, did a back day. It was pretty good. I will post the exercises and my max sets.

deads: 225x5
oh press: 110x5
weighted supinated chins: +25x6
neutral row: 132x8
close grip chins: +0x7 (very difficult 7...)

As I said, lost a lot of my strength over the last month of illness. Body weight was 171 this morning and house bounced between 169.5-171.5. Aiming for about 1.25lb a week loss, so we'll see where this takes me.

Focused70
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM
He says he lost strength and yet he deads 2 pps. Teh suck. :p

galileo
10-20-2010, 09:35 AM
I need to throw out a brief, unpaid endorsement for Livestrong's - The Daily Plate. http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

FANTASTIC. I imagine the authors of FitDay saw this and gave up, which is why they don't keep the site updated anymore. I can't say enough good things about this free software. Everything that FitDay lacked, this picks up. Perfect.

galileo
10-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I ate lower calories yesterday. Roughly 1700. Didn't have the energy to do cardio, so I am a bit off for the week from my set goals. I think during week one there is some lenience though, since I'm just ramping back up. Today will be chest day. My arms are still sore from Monday, but we'll see how it goes.

borracho
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Glad to see you back at it bud....so wtf are your goals now???

galileo
10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Glad to see you back at it bud....so wtf are your goals now???

Visible serratus anterior.

I won't bulk again - I will likely do a slow muscle gain stretch in January or February to the goal of adding maybe 5-10lbs, then back down. Being fat is no fun.

galileo
10-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Gym went well, up from last week on all of my motions. 2250 calorie goal today, here's how the gym played out in best sets only.

bench: 170x8
incline bench: 105x8
barbell curl: 85x8
pushdowns: 1408

Not too strong, but I didn't feel uncoordinated as I was doing it, like last time. My incline bench has always been atrocious and the angle on this thing...may as well be an OH press, honestly. Put a 25lb plate under the front so it'll be less steep, but it's still a bit much.

That's it for now. I'm hoping that within a few weeks I will have recovered most of my strength from being sick. It is feeling great to be back though.

galileo
10-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Friday I did a miserable leg day. Today I did my deads/back. Twas enjoyed by all. I feel like when I deadlift my cock grows by an inch each time. Before long, I'll be able to forgo buying straps and just use my dick for extra grip support. Pssh, like you didn't think it too. The 230 wasn't bad , I'm cleared to jump to 235 next week there. The OH press was a cluster...put the wrong plates on one side I was so out of it, which didn't help. Not my favorite exercise.

deads: 230x5, 205x5
oh press: 105x6
weighted supinated chins: +30x6, +15x6
neutral row: 143x8, 128x8
close grip chins: +0x7 - a lot more solid this time, no stopping. Was tired...will hit 10 before too long.

I was back up to 172 or so by the end of last week, now I settled back in at 171. I think I'm on track, so we'll see how the next 2 weeks go now that my weight is likely more stable (no water gain/drop that's unexpected).

I find the LeanGains version of IF is a lot more food than I'm used to consuming, but it's getting a little easier. If I can nail my post-workout meal, then the rest of the evening goes a lot smoother.

galileo
10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Chest and arm day went well - still focusing on progression, but not entirely certain confident with the movements just yet. The last rep of my first set on bench was forced and the second set wasn't really any better. Got 8 for both, but ugh. My shoulders are at critical mass from Monday, so next week I'm switching out overhead press for face pulls or reverse deck or something. I'd guess even leg press gives my outer delts a workout...no sense pushing it.

bench: 175x8, 155x8
inc bench: 110x8, 95x8
barbell curl: 95x5, 70x8
tricep pushdowns: 150x8, 150x8

I am looking forward to 4 more days of no-upperbody work. Everything up top needs a rest.

I'm dropping water, filling glycogen now. I'm sitting between 171-172 from day to day. Goal for Monday would be...170.5.

borracho
11-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Cool to see you adding weight to the lifts still. Keep at it bud.

galileo
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Cool to see you adding weight to the lifts still. Keep at it bud.

Thanks man. I totally am.

deads up 5 - 235x5, 210x5
switched to face pulls - 100x8, 8
chins: +35x6, +25x6
neutral row: 153x8, 141x8

ta daaaa.

Still sitting around 171.5 - going to wait until next Moday to reevaluate.

cphafner
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
What up Gal. How is the back holding?

Chubrock
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Nice work. Bitch.

tomv
11-04-2010, 05:14 AM
Jesus I leave for this long and you're still not whining about how you look?

galileo
11-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Did a chest day, progressed as I wanted to this week. Working sets were:

bench: 180x8, 155x8
inc bench: 115x8, 95x8
barbell curl: 75x8, 75x8
tricep pushdowns: 150x8, 150x6

I was a lil spent for the tricep pushdowns this time.

Higher rep stuff sucks when you're used to 3-5, but it's probably the right thing to do...

I am tired and busy a lot these days, so sorry about not keeping up with this **** so well.

galileo
11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
What up Gal. How is the back holding?

I don't want to jinx it, but the back is doing fine so far. Aside from the chicken pox, things have gone well the last 6 months on the training front. Hard to recover strength during a cut though.

Nice work. Bitch.

Thank you, bitch.

Jesus I leave for this long and you're still not whining about how you look?

What are you talking about? I always whine about how I look.

galileo
11-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Did some leg action.

cybex leg press: 260x8, 240x8
leg curl: 141x8, 132x8
leg extension: 132x8, 120x8
seated calf raise: +90x16 [2s pause @ bottom]
machine ab thing: 96x8, 108x8

I am happy with this. Didn't drop *too* much from pre-illness and it's been a while.

Legs looking leaner, which rocks...but my weight is still stable. I need to add in my cardio on off days starting tomorrow. I really need to see a little weight come off soon. I recognize I'm not getting fatter, but it seems unreasonable that my weight doesn't budge.

galileo
11-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I own an indoor bicycle trainer, which I hook up in the winter. I jumped on that for a bit last night. Checked my evening weight for the hell of it and it looked lower than normal, which rocked. So, when I got up this morning I checked it out and I was down to 169.5. 3lbs in 3 weeks - exactly on target post-woosh. Surprising and awesome.

borracho
11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Are you a bike enthusiast at all or do you just do the indoor spin thing?

galileo
11-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Are you a bike enthusiast at all or do you just do the indoor spin thing?

The woman and I like to go biking on the trails by our house. Nothing too serious, just try to improve our distance and distance/time. We got the indoor trainer so we wouldn't lose our progress over the winter, but frankly it didn't work out too well because we're both too busy to use it frequently. This year I will be trying to keep with it for my cardio.

galileo
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
deads (+5): 240x5, 215x5
switched to face pulls (+10): 110x8
chins (+5): +40x6, +30x5
neutral row: 156x8, 144x8
close grip chins: 0x10 [wooo]

Pretty decent workout considering how ridiculously tired I was when I started. Progress all around.

I was 170 this morning and I felt leaner than I had since the last time I peaked. In fact, I may be a bit leaner now than in August....I'm avoiding too many solid measurements for the moment, focusing on sticking to something for a few weeks before I check in. 170 is good though, but I'm starting to realize that I will likely be 160 before I hit the bodyfat I want, so that kinda sucks. It's fine though, I will slowly recomposition my way back upward when the time comes. This diet is very maintainable long-term and I think I can adjust my calorie window to properly increase/decrease my days totals.

galileo
11-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Chest and arms day. Fun fun.

bench: 185x8, 165x8
I asked for a spotter since I missed my pre-workout stims and I didn't think I'd be set. I didn't need his help at all, which rocked. Comfortable sets.

inc bench: 120x8, 95x8
The weight always makes it upward, but I never feel strong with it. Very odd feeling lift for me.

barbell curl: 80x8, 80x8
Not too bad. A little twinge in the left bicep, but nothing too bad.

tricep pushdowns: 150x8, 140x8
These have become more difficult as the presses go up. I guess that's normal.

cphafner
11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
chix pox? Damn at your age?

galileo
11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
chix pox? Damn at your age?

Yeah, ****in sucked. My friend had shingles and he didn't know it...so there you go.

Did 30 mins on the bike today. Working my way up...it's not an endurance thing as much as I'm having trouble maintaining interest in staring at my wall. 171 tonight, kinda bouncing around with the weight.

galileo
11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Been working out still. Stuck @ 170.5 at the moment, but I lowered my calories and I'll be adding in cardio a little more.

Did legs Friday. Stronger than August, woo.

Yesterday -
deads, 245x5 , 225x5
weighted chins: +45x5, +35x5
face pulls - 120x8
neutral rows - 165x8, 153x7

Decent, but I was tired.

galileo
11-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Chest and arms, yessir.

bench: 190x8, 170x8
A bit more challenging than last week. I am still happy to be progressing.

inc bench: 125x7, 115x5
Same as before, but just couldn't push it this week.

barbell curl: 85x8, 85x8
Not bad.

A snap this week.

galileo
11-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Did legs yesterday. I think I managed to get a hairline fracture in the top knuckle of my middle finger whilst adjusting the leg press. Who engineers this ****ing ****?

cybex leg press: 290x8, 270x8
Just fine. The machine changes tension DRASTICALLY between depth settings

leg extensions: 156x8, 141x8
I'm not sure if I remember the #s on these, but this is close enough.

leg curls: 153x7, 141x8
The first set was way more than I expected. The second was easy. Perhaps the leg press didn't warm the hams enough - I'll do warms next time.

Some ab rope pulldown things with 120. No issue.

168.5 this morning. Ate way too many black beans last night, this morning wasn't pleasant.

galileo
11-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Had an actual post prepared, but it got lost in the mix. So, here's the norm...

deads 255x5, 235x5 (up 10)
face pulls: 130x8 (up 10)
weighted chins: +45x5, +25x5
cybex neutral rows: 169.5x8, 153x8 (+4.5)
close grip chins: 0x8

It's early.

galileo
11-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Chest, blizzow.

bench: 195x8, 175x8
Hard fought first set, but clean. Was very tired going in, so getting all 8 was a surprise.

inc bench: 125x8, 110x8
No problems here.

barbell curl: 90x8, 85x8
Another good couple of sets.

Used the v-bar this week - went well. Need to change exercises soon.

Maybe next week I'll hit 200x8 on bench. That would be a good feeling to get back into the 2XXs.

galileo
11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Like clockwork, I did legs on Friday.

cybex leg press: 310x8, 290x8 [+20]

leg curl: 153x8, 141x8
I tried to bump these up by 6.5, but my legs weren't having it. I didn't rest enough between the leg press and these, but I was in a hurry to get out of there.

leg extension: 162.5x8, 150.5x8 [+6.5]
These went up no problem.

seated calf-raise: 110x16 [+5]
Yay calf raise. 2s pause @ bottom.

cable crunches: 130x10, 150x10
These were no sweat. Going to have to switch to something else.

That's it. I know I'm a lot more boring than when I started this journal in what...2002? ****. Over 8 years ago. I've learned and grown a lot almost every way since then. These days I find it hard to be anywhere near as angry. The main difference with my fitness is that I feel far less obsessive and somehow I think that's helping me find more success.

I'm down 30lbs since I got back to the gym about a year ago. A little downtime, but a lot more consistent than I'd been in a long time. I can't even believe I had 30lbs to lose until I look at those before pictures. I put on a bit of muscle all the while too...my shirts are feeling tighter again, but in the right ways.

I look back and I was so structured and concerned with every detail. I had a pretty good system in place to log things without too much effort, but man...I spent a ton of time on each update. Ahh, the luxury of time. Apartment life, low-accountability job, and a girlfriend who hated the sight of me. I'm not sure I miss those days, but it would be nice to have some of that time back.

I do miss a lot of the old WBB folk that I don't hear from much anymore - like rookiebldr, mik, ectx, homeyield, majt, pup, budiak, JustinF, JustinASU, Wikked1, Paul, chubs, Blood&Iron, and so on. I still talk to elwood, russow, and a few others here and there. It's just hard to keep up as much as when they were around a lot and I had a lot of time.

That's all for now. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'll just say I'm thankful that I'm a wiser person now than I was and that I have a lot of wonderful people in my life again. Real, decent people.

Chubrock
11-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm still around here man. You need to make a trip on down this way. Get out of the mountains for awhile.

cphafner
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I do miss the old timers too. They pop up from time to time.

I agree about the part of taking this stuff less serious. LIke you I would have freaked out over missing a workout or a meal. Now I realize that sometimes are more important things in life. Spending time with my family, or happy hour, or a good date is worth missing a workout.

Focused70
11-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Folks are here on WBB and also on Facebook.

I remarked to Rene the other day that my friends list looks like WBB, circa 2006. It's amazing, lol.

galileo
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm still around here man. You need to make a trip on down this way. Get out of the mountains for awhile.

That would be spectacular.

I do miss the old timers too. They pop up from time to time.

I agree about the part of taking this stuff less serious. LIke you I would have freaked out over missing a workout or a meal. Now I realize that sometimes are more important things in life. Spending time with my family, or happy hour, or a good date is worth missing a workout.

Absolutely. It makes the entire fitness thing far more manageable overall. As long as I'm mostly consistent, I can still progress pretty well.

Folks are here on WBB and also on Facebook.

I remarked to Rene the other day that my friends list looks like WBB, circa 2006. It's amazing, lol.

I have some of them on there. I just don't want too many...if the wrong person sees me on there I might get a knock on my door :x

galileo
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow, I could use some extra sleep.

Did some deads/back today. Went well, although I had nothing to eat but BCAAs until my workout @ 5 ish.

deads 275x5, 245x5 (+20)
I was a bit stupid and couldn't count, so I ended up with 20lbs more this week. No problems achieving it.

face pulls: 140x8 (+10)
Going to have to switch this up soon, the stack goes to 150 and this wasn't really challenging.

weighted chins: +47.5x5, 0x8 (deadhang)
Weighted chins are getting harder with the additional deadlift weight. Two big-energy motions in one day can be rough.

cybex neutral rows: 177x8, 169.5x8 (+7.5)
This machine goes up to 225. I'd love to max it out sometime. I don't think I've ever pulled this much weight on here either...good feeling.

close grip chins: 0x8
Not quite ready to add weight on these yet.

I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight...the holiday killed me.

galileo
12-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Worst workout in a long time. Good day, bad workout.

Tried to bump bench to 200x8, but hit the rack TWICE within 4 reps, then re-racked, waited 30s and got just a few more. Dropped to 185, barely got 5. Very frustrating.

The rest of the workout was ok, but going to call this a wash for progress and try again next week.

Mik
12-14-2010, 09:18 AM
How's the bi-weekly training split treating you?

galileo
12-27-2010, 02:54 PM
How's the bi-weekly training split treating you?

Taste my meatus.

galileo
12-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Happy Holidays and ****.

Got an inner ear infection 2 weeks ago that put me out. Apparently that bench day also causes some mild damage to my lateral delts, so I ended up needing the rest. I picked up where I left off today, aside from the fat I put on from eating like an idiot all over Christmas.

deads 280x5, 255x5
Got this up. A lil struggle, but it worked out just fine.

face pulls: skipped
Didn't want to cause any issues with my delts, so I kept it to the core majors.

weighted chins: +35x6, +27.5x5
I test the waters on these with my warmups and found that I definitely lost a lil. Tis ok.

cybex neutral rows: 180x8, 168x8
Up.

close grip chins: 0x9.75
Nice.

Back to it.

galileo
12-31-2010, 01:50 PM
I am still store from Monday's workout...still. Unbelievable.

Going to do a leg day. Like magic, it's done.

cybex leg press: 310x8, 290x8
Felt a lil cramping in my left quad. Two things - inadequate warmup, using same weight as I did after a few weeks off.

leg curl: 153x8, 141x8
Same weight as last time, to try to hold the progress.

leg extension: 162.5x8, 144x8
See above.

seated calf-raise: 120x16
Calf raise. 2s pause @ bottom.

olympic rings - muscle ups: 5
2 dead hang, 3 with leg assistance. Very fun.

Kiff
12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
nice work mate, 4day DOMS ouch!

galileo
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I keep forgetting to post things.

deads: ... 295x5
weighted chins on o-rings: ... +35x6
cybex neutral rows: ...184.5

stuff.

Back on my regular diet. Sitting around 170.

borracho
01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice to see the weights going up and you still staying lean. Where do you figure the bf (and no, not referring to your boy friend) is at?

galileo
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I lifted.

dead: 300x3, 275x3
chin: +37.5x5, +25x5
cybex neutral row: 189x8, 177x8

Hit a lil wall with deads. Feeling meh this week. Winter sucks.

LuNa
01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Im sure the deads will pick up once you start feeling better. Good to see you are still around.

galileo
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice to see the weights going up and you still staying lean. Where do you figure the bf (and no, not referring to your boy friend) is at?

Doing my best. I think I'm still hovering in the 12 area, since I've been on and off the last month. Not easy to find time right now.

Im sure the deads will pick up once you start feeling better. Good to see you are still around.

Sure hope so...ugh. I pulled my neck a bit last night from something. I don't think I warmed up enough before my deads. The gym is fully packed with NYR douches.

mahidi
01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Getting scars on one’s breasts is more stressful than scars almost anywhere else. You can easily hide other parts of yourself that may have become marked up. But boobs? We live in a culture that both allows and enjoys its breast tissue half exposed. Nobody wants to wear T-shirts all the time, or go to a gala affair buttoned-up. Clearly, if your boobs have striations, that’s almost as bad as your face.

LuNa
01-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Getting scars on one’s breasts is more stressful than scars almost anywhere else. You can easily hide other parts of yourself that may have become marked up. But boobs? We live in a culture that both allows and enjoys its breast tissue half exposed. Nobody wants to wear T-shirts all the time, or go to a gala affair buttoned-up. Clearly, if your boobs have striations, that’s almost as bad as your face.

Now that is some good quality information.

galileo
01-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I apparently only do deads and back now. It's my thang.

Felt pretty good today going in and my warmups felt fine, so I decided to push the weight a bit more. No strength issues, just a little grip slippage since I keep forgetting my chalk. I did switch to trapbar deads this week in order to get a better starting position. My arms are short, torso is long, so getting down on the bar makes it hard to get the right leg drive. I found this to be far more comfortable

dead: 135x5, 225x3, 255x1, 275x1...305x5, 275x5
olympic ring chins: +40x6, +25x6
cybex neutral row: 193x8, 181x6 -> 177x2
narrow grip chins: 0x10

I hope that the trapbar was 45lbs, else I'll be pretty disappointed. Maybe I'll weigh it on Wednesday if I actually make it to my chest workout. I bet I'll be struggling with 155 again...ugh.

cphafner
01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
If I had to guess one exercise, I would have guessed you would only do pink dumbbell kicks. Haha. Nothing wrong with only doing deads.

galileo
01-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I worked out on Friday, but didn't post because I got busy. I did a lil chest work, found out I was weakened by the time off. I did legs and found out I was weakened by deads on Monday. Overall weak.

Today though -

dead: 135x5, 225x3, 275x3, 295x1...310x5, 280x5
olympic ring chins: +42.5x5+1, +35x5+1
cybex neutral row: 201x8, 189x5 -> 177x3
narrow grip chins: +5x6

Not too shabby, since I was so tired. Strength is heading up weekly, but since my diet has been fairly average, I'm not really progressing with general composition. I'll be better able to refocus this week though, since a lot of work BS is out of the way.

The thing I love the most about the gym is the variety. You almost never see the same out of shape girl in an ill-fitting outfit twice. Spice o' life.

galileo
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Lost a lot of strength on my chest day, but it's cool. I'll get it back.

bench: warms...185x6, 165x8
inc bench: 95x3, 120x6, 95x8
barbell curls: 80x8, 80x8
v-bar pushdown: 150x8, 150x8

Meh.

171.2 and finally dropping again.

galileo
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Friday I did leg stuff. Like this leg stuff.

cybex leg press: 310x8, 290x8

leg curl: 153x6, 141x8
A lil weaker here fo sho.

leg extension: 162.5x8, 144x8
This wasn't bad actually.

seated calf-raise [2s pause]: 120x16
The next day was unpleasant.

galileo
02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Did I workout today, you inquire? Yes.

deads: warms, 315x5, 275x5
Didn't have chalk this week and my grip kept failing so the 315x5 was 315x3, 1, 1, with reset grip. All good though.

o-ring weighted chins: warms, +45x5, +30x6
I think I'll stick with 45 next week.

cybex neutral row: 205x8, 189x8
Tough to get the full ROM this week. Will stick here for abother week.

close-grip chins: +5x8

I feel old.

borracho
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like the DLs are steadily cruising their way up in weight..nice job. And nice to see the BW on the opposite trend.

LuNa
02-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Great to hear the BW is dropping again. How are non-lifting related things going?

galileo
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Looks like the DLs are steadily cruising their way up in weight..nice job. And nice to see the BW on the opposite trend.

Thanks borracho. At 170lbs, what do you think is a respectable deadlift x5?

galileo
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Great to hear the BW is dropping again. How are non-lifting related things going?

Life's pretty awesome overall. The big four - love, health, work, money - are all as good as they've ever been.

How about you?

borracho
02-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks borracho. At 170lbs, what do you think is a respectable deadlift x5?

I am no one to judge what is/isnt respectable...but, what is cool is a 2x BW DL (5x) which you're pretty effin close to...in order for me to do that I'd have to pull 480 five times...which isnt likely to happen any time soon.

Chubrock
02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Dude, what the ****. You've been nice to two posters in a row. What the hell is going on? Are you high?

LuNa
02-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Life's pretty awesome overall. The big four - love, health, work, money - are all as good as they've ever been.

How about you?

Good to hear dude! Life's not bad here either :).

borracho
02-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Dude, what the ****. You've been nice to two posters in a row. What the hell is going on? Are you high?

:clown:

He doesnt love us like he does you.

galileo
02-09-2011, 06:22 PM
I am no one to judge what is/isnt respectable...but, what is cool is a 2x BW DL (5x) which you're pretty effin close to...in order for me to do that I'd have to pull 480 five times...which isnt likely to happen any time soon.

I did some googling and I've seen quotes from 1.5xBWx1 to 4xBWx5, lol.

I know, I am getting old and all passive. :\

:clown:

He doesnt love us like he does you.

Ignore Chubs, he's just pissed because he's living the meaningless life of law enforcement.

galileo
02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
So chest stuffs.

bench press: warms, 190x6, 175x8
I could've got the extra 2 on the first set. I have no idea why I stopped.

inc bench: 125x8, 115x8
Better, but I feel these are far too weak.

barbell curl: 85x8, 85x8
ezpz

tricep v-pushdown: 150x8, 150x8
Need to switch exercises. This is stack and unhelpful to stay here.

****ing exhausted today.

Chubrock
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Ignore Chubs, he's just pissed because he's living the meaningless life of law enforcement.

Don't you mean tax collection, revenue generation, slave, pig etc? Something along those lines haha.

galileo
03-07-2011, 02:36 PM
It's amazing how fast 1 week turns into 3. Got a bad head cold and was dead to the world for a week, then the next week I was still rough. I feel better now, but these colds are a bitch to get rid of entirely. Still coughing more than I'd like, which affects my sleep.

deads: warms, 315x5, 275x5
No problems.

o-ring chins: +0x5, +25x3, +35x6, +25x6
Fine - last set was a little tougher than I'd like.

neutral cybex rowcityville: ..., 204x6, 180x5
Whoah. Bad... these got hit the hardest from the illness I suppose.

Back to it. Winter is the worst because colds hit so often for me. I'm excited to get back to it - I need to be ripped for my wedding/honeymoon in August/September.

borracho
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
You have plenty of time to prep for the wedding. Congrats and nice job on the o-rings.

LuNa
03-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Congrats on the wedding and good to see you get back at it after the cold.

galileo
03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Chest day was Friday. This is my first update on my new iPad2. Love this thing.

bench press: warms, 195x6, 185x6
This was rough. Still recovering strength.

inc bench: 130x6, 115x6
Another lesser effort.

barbell curl: 90x6, 85x6
Can't get past 6 reps on anything...ugh.

tricep v-pushdown: 150x8, 150x6
actually way harder this time.

Back to it, mostly. Not sure what I will do with progression this week.

galileo
03-13-2011, 06:02 PM
You have plenty of time to prep for the wedding. Congrats and nice job on the o-rings.

Congrats on the wedding and good to see you get back at it after the cold.

Thanks guys. Going to be a busy 6 months for sure.

galileo
03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Tis dead time again.

deads: warms, 325x5, 295x5
Pleased with the jump this week. Grip held up - might hit 335x5 next week if I feel strong.

o-ring chins: +0x5, +25x3, +35x1, +40x6, +30x6
Very tough, I think +42.5, +30 next week.

neutral cybex rowcityville: ..., 205x8, 181x8
Felt better. These still aren't as good as before, but better.

close-grip chins: 0x8

My weekend diet sucked, but the weeks have been solid. Once I get weekends on track, my results should shine through.

LuNa
03-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Looking good Gal. Congrats on the deads getting back up.

Patz
03-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Whadup sucka..

Lookin strong in here. Those workouts look....short.

galileo
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Looking good Gal. Congrats on the deads getting back up.

Thanks Nij.

Whadup sucka..

Lookin strong in here. Those workouts look....short.

Compared to your psycho workouts anything looks short.

btw - did chest today. It was too soon after my Friday workout, that's for sure. Even shorter than usual, but I did manage barbell curls w/ 95 for 8.

Heavy deads with a deficit make it pretty tough to recover. I really need to get my weekend in line...more protein for sure.

galileo
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Odd couple of weeks.

House sold, house bought. New diggs:

3100 sqft, 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198501_10150134219998290_608528289_6501453_3416697_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189116_10150134220808290_608528289_6501461_6339367_n.jpg

Can't wait to move!

LuNa
03-30-2011, 12:58 AM
That house is sick. You are doing really well for yourself. Congrats on the new house.

Patz
03-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Like I said before, those floors are DEEP shine. Love them.

Coke
03-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Luv the new diggs!! You always have nice cribs.

borracho
03-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Congrats on the house...and even bigger congrats on the DLs...looks like they're comin along nicely.

_8_Ball
05-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I haven't been on here for a couple of years. (yep, got all fat and shit after we had our kids and I decided that today is the day I start the journey back).

What was the first thing I did when I logged in to this place? Yep... came here... why?? not sure. lol.

The last time I reading this journal shit wasn't going to well for you. Clearly that's no longer the case.

Glad to see your doing better man.

galileo
08-04-2011, 07:12 AM
I haven't been on here for a couple of years. (yep, got all fat and shit after we had our kids and I decided that today is the day I start the journey back).

What was the first thing I did when I logged in to this place? Yep... came here... why?? not sure. lol.

The last time I reading this journal shit wasn't going to well for you. Clearly that's no longer the case.

Glad to see your doing better man.

Great to see you're around and doing well. Get less fat!

Life is definitely good! Getting married in just a few weeks...then off to Hawaii.

FYI - I started posting on livestrong's blogs. Easier for me because it ties directly to my diet and training.

xianhatesyou LiveStrong Journal (http://www.livestrong.com/community/profile.html?uid=yzixy2e5ndvhzjfjnjmwytqzyzlknwm4nzq0ztvhogyzmdgyzmm5zg&plckPersonaPage=PersonaBlog&plckUserId=yzixy2e5ndvhzjfjnjmwytqzyzlknwm4nzq0ztvhogyzmdgyzmm5zg)

Hope some of you stop by.

borracho
08-04-2011, 10:47 AM
plckUserId=yzixy2e5ndvhzjfjnjmwytqzyzlknwm4nzq0ztvhogyzmdgyzmm5zg"]xianhatesyou LiveStrong Journal[/URL]

Hope some of you stop by.
Ugh..such a long drive over.

I'll check that place out sometime soon...congrats on teh wedding and have a blast in Hawaii!

Behemoth
08-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Odd couple of weeks.

House sold, house bought. New diggs:

3100 sqft, 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198501_10150134219998290_608528289_6501453_3416697_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189116_10150134220808290_608528289_6501461_6339367_n.jpg

Can't wait to move!

Damn man, nice! In washpa?

cphafner
08-23-2011, 08:40 PM
You probably paid like 100k for it. I hate you people that don't live in big cities! I get so jealous everytime I watch House Hunters while sitting in my tiny overpriced NYC apartment.

Of course I'm kidding. Congrats on the new crib.

galileo
08-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Damn man, nice! In washpa?

Thanks B - no it's a bit more north in the Peters area.

galileo
08-27-2011, 01:25 PM
You probably paid like 100k for it. I hate you people that don't live in big cities! I get so jealous everytime I watch House Hunters while sitting in my tiny overpriced NYC apartment.

Of course I'm kidding. Congrats on the new crib.

lol - you're crazy...for 100k you could get a FAR bigger house than this one!

Real estate up here is getting high relative to avg income and the taxes are just stupid. Still, much better than the huge markets. Move!

galileo
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
For those still here, I've been using Fitocracy and a lil of Monkey Island (Lyle McDonald's mean forum) for logging stuff. Cut down pretty lean, then decided to bulk a bit. I'm up to 177, doing 5/3/1, and my calculated maxes for deads, bench, and military are 410, 287, and 162 respectively. Doing squats again and I seem to be doing well for my back. Not overdoing it...most I've pushed is 205x12, but the point is more rehabilitation than huge numbers.

Hit me up if you want to join Fitocracy and be cool like the cool guys. Or hit me up on the mean forum.

Behemoth
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks B - no it's a bit more north in the Peters area.

My buddies wife is from Peters. It's damn nice there, congrats

but the point is more rehabilitation than huge numbers.

Sorry I missed it, but rehab from what?

galileo
01-09-2012, 06:09 PM
My buddies wife is from Peters. It's damn nice there, congrats

Sorry I missed it, but rehab from what?

Thanks man. You live a bit north, near Beaver right?

My lower back has been jacked for the better part of 15 years. This is the longest run I've had without injury in a long time. Secret has been a lot more foam roller, stretching, and focusing very hard on form. So, I'm doing lighter squats, working up slowly. Pushing hard on supplementary leg work like ext/curls to fill in the gaps between.

Patz
01-10-2012, 08:38 AM
The bad back club is full of us cool guys, eh?

borracho
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I really havent been able to DL much in about a year due to a fucked up back....glad to see you're still alive. Take luck, bud.

Edit: The caculated numbers look spiffy...obviously you've been doing well.

JSully
01-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I miss your tales of womanizing.

galileo
01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
The bad back club is full of us cool guys, eh?

This is completely true, as evidenced by you, me, and borracho. I'm managing mine pretty well right now; hopefully I will not jinx myself.

I really havent been able to DL much in about a year due to a fucked up back....glad to see you're still alive. Take luck, bud.

Edit: The caculated numbers look spiffy...obviously you've been doing well.

Thanks man - I hope you find some back relief. Try a foam roller if you haven't already.

I'm lifting pretty well right now - better than in a while. I benched 205x12 last week - aiming to hit 220x9-10 this week. The last time I was in this range I think I was almost 190lbs. Unfortunately for me, I'm out of town on training so I'll need to find a local gym that accepts day passes.

I miss your tales of womanizing.

Whilst I have fond memories of such, I don't miss it at all. I only womanize one woman these days and she womanizes my wallet.

galileo
01-10-2012, 06:21 PM
10-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Week 3, Deads

All right, I'll post a few workouts here...at least I still have some friends still around. Thought most were gone.

So...what the FUCK is going on with my weight? 173.5lbs? I have no fucking idea how I lost another 2.5lbs today. Down from 177 steady over the last week or so. Perhaps I'm dehydrated? I know I had a lot of DOMS today in my chest/abs/back/shoulders. Very unusual. Guess I need to up my calories a bit more.

My abs feel like I was stabbed repeatedly by a Malaysian boy who figured out how to fashion a shiv out of parts from an old boxspring found in the cell in which I keep him locked.

Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 5 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
205 lb x 3 reps
225 lb x 3 reps
290 lb x 3 reps
325 lb x 7 reps
Projected max 401. This was a solid set of 7, I felt really good about it. I wish I could have done 8, but my brain just told me it was time to stop. This is an exercised PR for this year; last time I did around this I was using a trapbar, which gives me a huge mechanical advantage.

Also, the ecoball is really good. Almost as good as chalk, but not nearly the mess. I like.

Stiff Leg Barbell Good Morning:
135 lb x 8 reps
135 lb x 8 reps
These were all right. So tired after the deads and my workout was bit later than I'd like.

Corned beef on wheat, a muscle milk, 2 packs of herb & garlic tuna, 2 cups of oats, and tonight I'm going to have some quinoa and a pound of boiled beef with Chinese BBQ sauce.

galileo
01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
16-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Week 3ish, Bench

I had to go out of town last week Wednesday night through Friday night, so I didn't make it in for my week 3 fun. I couldn't get to the gym over the weekend, so I just shifted bench to today. Fuck you, I play by my own rules, hooker.

I don't think I ever got 220x9 in my life prior to this. I used to do lower rep sets 3-5 in higher ranges, maybe 240-255, but at 176lbs prettying 220x9 makes me happy.

Barbell Bench Press:
95 lb x 5 reps
115 lb x 5 reps
140 lb x 3 reps
170 lb x 5 reps
195 lb x 3 reps
220 lb x 9 reps
New estimated max is 286lbs. I was really, really happy to get 220x9. About 3 reps in I was thinking 5, but I didn't stop. I had a spotter who never touched the bar. Rep 8 smacked off of the rack as it tracked back too far; so maybe I had 10 in me?

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
70 lb x 10 reps
70 lb x 10 reps
70 lb x 10 reps
60 lb x 10 reps
The last set made it clear not to try another.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
90 lb x 10 reps
90 lb x 10 reps
90 lb x 8 reps
The last set was a little weaker, but glad to jump to these weights instead of the volume from before.

I forgot my lunch today, so I ended up eating a subway chicken on flatbread w/ double meat. It was awesome. Right now I'm cooking up 1.13 pounds of beefy goodness to make faux tacos with baked tortilla chips and light sour cream. Proteeeeenz.

LuNa
01-17-2012, 04:29 AM
My abs feel like I was stabbed repeatedly by a Malaysian boy who figured out how to fashion a shiv out of parts from an old boxspring found in the cell in which I keep him locked.

I am really happy to see you back :). Good to hear lifting is going well.

galileo
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
17-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Week 3ish, Squat

After some foam rollin' action, I did some dynamic stretching and went to town on this bitch. The warmups felt unnaturally light and I checked my form and I was going back and keeping a good arch in my lower back so I pushed myself a little farther. Hell today, even my leg extensions felt lighter than ever. I feel like this combination of routine and eating is causing me some huge gains in strength and I'm definitely looking a bit bigger than I have in years. I am lovin' the 5/3/1 for bulk.

One of my employees dropped the ball big time this month. Best part is, I get to "help him" get back on track by performing a huge part of his job for him. I wanna fucking facepunch right now.

Barbell Squat:
95 lb x 5 reps
115 lb x 5 reps
135 lb x 3 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
225 lb x 5 reps
245 lb x 6 reps
My warm ups felt super light, so I said the hell with it and just pushed myself up to 245. Got 6 no problem - could've done more, but didn't want to sacrifice form just in case. Not good enough yet. New estimated max was 300.

Leg Extensions:
175 lb x 12 reps
150 lb x 12 reps
Dropped this, but didn't feel like doing more.

Seated Calf Raise:
180 lb x 8 reps
205 lb x 8 reps
These were pretty easy. 2s rest at the bottom, explode up.

Dumbbell Shrug:
115 lb x 8 reps
Caught a callus on my left hand on the db knurl and it hurt like hell, so I had to stop. I wanted to do barbell, but some dude was in the rack curling.

I ate a steak hoagie, 2 packs of tuna, 3 servings of oats, 15oz of milk, a lil creatine, and 3 turkey burgers. More foods to come.

galileo
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
I am really happy to see you back :). Good to hear lifting is going well.

Glad to see you around. Hope things are going well for you!

LuNa
01-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Nice work on the squat. I have done a couple waves of 5/3/1 before and liked it a lot.

galileo
01-18-2012, 07:38 AM
18-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Rest

Rest day, but I need to evaluate how I'm going to proceed as I just ended my 2nd 5/3/1 mesocycle.

Original maxes:
deads: 315x5 (367x1)
bench: 190x8 (240x1)
squat: n/a
military: 130x1

New maxes:
deads: 400x1 (+33)
bench: 287x1 (+47)
squat: 294x1 (+294, lol)
military: 162x1 (+32)

I worked out all of last year, mostly, with a few periods of downtime. Was cutting a lot of it since I was fairly obese to begin, so as soon as I started eating to gain - the strength came.[

Now, how to proceed? One more 5/3/1 cycle or perhaps a bout of RPT with IF to trim off some of the accumulated fat? I used calipers and it had me at 6/13/14 (pec/leg/ab), which is roughly 10.25%, but I'm holding more visceral fat these days, so I feel bigger than that.

Maybe IF. I dunno...hate to give up on such awesome progress.

JSully
01-18-2012, 07:56 AM
honestly, I would keep going. You're only 10.25%.. allow yourself to get to 13-14 before shutting it down. Then pull out the food scale for a month or two.

Or, drop calories now but keep training heavy and hard. You don't have a lot of assistance work so recovery shouldn't be too tough. Centralize the fuck out of your carbs around your training and you should retain all of the strength, provided you don't create too big of a deficit. Certainly don't diet for more than 4 weeks though, or you will see performance decrease. If you're not happy with your bf% after 4 weeks, maintain for 3-4 weeks and do it again. This maintenance time can be good for more strength gains with very minimal fat gain.

my $.02

galileo
01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
honestly, I would keep going. You're only 10.25%.. allow yourself to get to 13-14 before shutting it down. Then pull out the food scale for a month or two.

Or, drop calories now but keep training heavy and hard. You don't have a lot of assistance work so recovery shouldn't be too tough. Centralize the fuck out of your carbs around your training and you should retain all of the strength, provided you don't create too big of a deficit. Certainly don't diet for more than 4 weeks though, or you will see performance decrease. If you're not happy with your bf% after 4 weeks, maintain for 3-4 weeks and do it again. This maintenance time can be good for more strength gains with very minimal fat gain.

my $.02

Great feedback Jake - much appreciated too.

For reference, my basic RPT/IF structure looks like this: Reverse Pyramid style, 3 days a week. Working with the heaviest weights possible.

Workout A
deads 2x4-5
military 1x6-8
weighted chins 2x4-6
db or bb rows 2x6-8

Workout B
bench 2x6-8
incline bb or db bench 2x6-8
bb curl 2x6-8
tricep pushdowns 2x6-8

Workout C
squat 2x6-8
leg curl 2x6-8
leg extensions 2x6-8
calf raises 1x12-16
ab work

Alternate calories around 10% over on workout days, -30% below on rest days. The deficit ends up being around 1lb a week. The IF protocol insists on huge carbs first meal/around workout, so it's built in for that.

I've seen others report results of IF-style cutting on 5/3/1 and it isn't all that good. Working with sub-maximum weights, even at higher reps, seems to cause more overall muscle loss than pushing in the 4-8 range to near failure. However, IF with RPT is tremendous - and it works well for me.

Like I hinted at, definitely not visually in the 10% range. I can see my ribs still, but I suspect to get pretty lean for summer I need to drop about 10lbs, so at least 3 months. I haven't gained weight for a few weeks, so I'm basically at maintenance now (eating like a champ too). It'd be awesome to get back up to this weight and lean, I wouldn't have to worry about what I ate at all.

Still have some time to figure this out.

LuNa
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Sounds like a great plan dude. Looking forward to seeing the results.

borracho
01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
I ate a steak hoagie, 2 packs of tuna, 3 servings of oats, 15oz of milk, a lil creatine, and 3 turkey burgers. More foods to come.

I like that.

Congrats on the DL and bench PR. 220x9 is a nice place to be and I am sure you had 10 in you...hitting shit on the way up with the bar tends to fuck things up. Glad you decided to stick around...maybe it'll motivate me to start posting more often here.

galileo
01-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a great plan dude. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Me too. I am definitely much bigger now than I've been in a while...time to lean up and see where it goes.

I like that.

Congrats on the DL and bench PR. 220x9 is a nice place to be and I am sure you had 10 in you...hitting shit on the way up with the bar tends to fuck things up. Glad you decided to stick around...maybe it'll motivate me to start posting more often here.

Thanks borracho! I'm hoping to settle in around 225x8 for the duration of my cut, if not bumping up a little more.

galileo
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
23-Jan-2012 - IF 2012, Week 1, Deads/Back

Here we are, day 1 of the IF. I decided after some thorough consideration that it'd be best to lean up for a bit and try to maintain my strength gains from the 5/3/1. So far, so good...but I've not put myself in a real deficit yet.

Beginning weight: 180.4lbs roughly 10.5% by 3-site, so like 15% :)

Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 5 reps
225 lb x 3 reps
275 lb x 1 reps
330 lb x 5 reps
315 lb x 5 reps
330x5 as prescribed. A little tough to get used to the RPT again though.

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press:
135 lb x 6 reps
Harder than last week.

Pull-Up:
6 reps || weighted || 25 lb
6 reps || weighted || 25 lb
I can bump these up next week.

Seated Cable Row:
170 lb x 8 reps
175 lb x 8 reps
Add weight next week.

Close Grip Chin-Up:
5 reps
Exhausted.

Today, 2 packs of tuna, 4 servings of oats, 3 turkey burgers, and some fish oil caps. Need to figure out where I stand on calories and push in the rest.