PDA

View Full Version : A.M Workout on empty?

oricher
12-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Hi
I on a gradual bulk plan, basically i'm 5'10 and around 60Kgs.
However i workout before work in the morning, and have to get up so early (traffic,digestion>i aint got 2 hours for my carbs to be digested b4 hand! etc) that i dont have anything before my workout, whether its cardio or weights. One other reason apart from time is that i dont think i could stomach anything before hand either.
My question is how does this affect my fat burning, bulking plan? I heard cardio is ok to do on empty, then i heard maybe not because your metabolism hasnt been kick started via food, and therefore exercise will be less "intense"?
Confused!

Many thanks
Os

leveque
12-02-2006, 07:45 AM
If you need something quick and easy you could make yourself a protein drink, and throw some oats in there for carbs.

Unreal
12-02-2006, 08:53 AM
You need to have something. Drink some dextrose/protein if needed.

reloaded
12-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Protein shake...it's quick, easy, and can taste great.

Max Thunder
12-02-2006, 10:02 AM
I would only workout on an empty stomach on a well-adapted ketosis state, where your body runs mainly on fat rather than on carbs. Because now your body wants carbs, and since you don't have any, it'll convert proteins...

As the other said, a protein shake. It'll at least preserve your muscles.

oricher
12-02-2006, 10:58 AM
so it Will affect my gains not having a pre-wo fuel? I did consider something quick like a protein or energy drink, but again just dont think i will want it, might make me sick or something...I could try and adapt my WO schdule and go in th afternoon, but its really busy then i have have less time, so wouldnt be able to do as much....o hum

Unreal
12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes it will effect your gains. If you can't drink some gatorade and some whey before then you must have some severe stomach issues.

Davidelmo
12-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Empty stomach wont help fat loss efforts at all. That rubbish about no food in your stomach means you're using stored fat is nonsense.

Also it is more dangerous. Low energy plus cardio equals more chance of feeling like crap or passing out.

Just have a damn protein shake. Why should it make you sick?

leveque
12-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I thought of something else. I'm not a big breakfast guy either. However, I can easily eat cereal. Could you do a bowl of cereal?...and maybe throw some fruit in there. You could probably even sprinkle some protein powder & dextrose in your cereal?!?

Davidelmo
12-03-2006, 05:20 AM
Cereal is usually sugary crap. Why not have oats and whey?

Fuzzy
12-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Try sleeping more, I doubt you get enough sleep, I know if I get 10+ I wake up so damn hungry!

Then my breaky will consist of 10 eggs, 3 pounds of bacon and a gallon of milk!

oricher
12-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Well if i could wake later, go later and everything, i would be able to eat something.
I gota get to work, early and traffic is crazy here. Thus no time for much sleep and not hungry at waking, and no time to prep a cooked meal. I usualy have cereal after my workout, (obv i'm starving by then!).

RedSpikeyThing
12-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Cereal is usually sugary crap. Why not have oats and whey?

For those who can't stomach breakfast (myself included), eating anything substantial is very hard and takes a long time. No drinking oats and whey would probably work.

mickyjune26
12-03-2006, 10:06 AM
You need to have something. Drink some dextrose/protein if needed.

x2

Use either gatorade, corn sugar, or at least a bump of OJ. You have to get some sugar into your blood stream for some reserve energy.

Max Thunder
12-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Then my breaky will consist of 10 eggs, 3 pounds of bacon and a gallon of milk!

+5000 calories breakfast? YUMMY.

nzk
12-03-2006, 02:25 PM
i would work out a different time...

Fuzzy
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
+5000 calories breakfast? YUMMY.

Hell yeah!!!!

I usually eat about half that a few times a week...

Damn I eat!

EvanH
12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Hell yeah!!!!

I usually eat about half that a few times a week...

Damn I eat!

and I ask again, can I come over for like a month or so on my next bulk? :hello: