PDA

View Full Version : PSMF Commencing Monday

GroundControl
12-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Ok I am working out the final details of my diet. Male, 265Lbs, 6'2'', 20yrs old, 26% BF. I am going to hit the Gym 3-4 Days and am going to bring Carb intake up to about 30-40grams on lifting days before the gym. Ok I am here to establish my food routine, I need a meal plan to stick too and so far I think this what its going to look like :

3-4 Hard Boiled Egg Whites (#?'s )
1 Cup Grilled Chicken (300Cals/80Gr Protein )
Protein Shake ( 220 Cals/50grm Protein) x 3
Gatorade and Whole Wheat Toast ( Before gym only )

Also a couple cups of fibrous vegetables everyday ( I heard they are free cals ?), 6 Fish Oils + A multi V, I am shooting for a 30day cycle, then carb refeed for 7days..... I also wanna thank WBBIRL for helping me out, he really laid the **** out for me and I appreciate it...... If I am missing anything please let me know what the problem is, take care.

Vapour Trails
12-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Looks pretty good.

Are you saying your going to lift 3-4 times a week or is there cardio mixed in?
In either case, it might be a bit much. Try lifting 2-3 times/week and doing little to no cardio. Cardio actally is a hinderance to fat loss when on PSMF.

One last thing, going 30 days without a refeed period is going to be hard. Good luck.

TopQuark1028
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Please keep us updated with your weight progress, caloric consumption, and time spent in the gym also if possible. I'm thinking about doing a PSMF and would be quite interested in this information.

Thanks! and GL

ancom41
12-04-2006, 11:00 AM
3-4 Hard Boiled Egg Whites (#?'s )
1 Cup Grilled Chicken (300Cals/80Gr Protein )
Protein Shake ( 220 Cals/50grm Protein) x 3
Gatorade and Whole Wheat Toast ( Before gym only )

Did I miunderstand your post.. cause im only coming up with like <1500 calories a day, and nearly half of that is coming from your shakes?

Holto
12-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Did I miunderstand your post.. cause im only coming up with like <1500 calories a day, and nearly half of that is coming from your shakes?

In a nutshell PSMF = Starvation + Protein

NewTriathlete
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I tried a 2 week stint on it and it wasn't worth it IMHO. I lost weight at about 2x of the rate I usually do, but it blew so hard when I was on it, and I gained a little bit of water weight afterwards back. My lifts did stay contstant during it, which was good, but any longer and I believe I would have started to lose strength.

TopQuark1028
12-04-2006, 02:19 PM
How much did you lose in those 2 weeks?

NewTriathlete
12-04-2006, 03:14 PM
after the water weight return, 6 lbs in 2 weeks vs. a 1 lb /week I was averaging, so I guess it was more like 3x the speed, but I still don't think it was worth it. I was so miserable at life at the time, I'm just glad I didn't lose any strength.

ancom41
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
In a nutshell PSMF = Starvation + Protein

I learn something new everyday. How exactly does this work.. care to give me a brief summary of the process? (my PSMF search came up with 4 hits :()
I would think that the lack of calories would cause you to burn lbm.

Unreal
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
You have read the book correctly? If not buy Lyle's book, read it, and follow it.

Davidelmo
12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
I learn something new everyday. How exactly does this work.. care to give me a brief summary of the process? (my PSMF search came up with 4 hits :()
I would think that the lack of calories would cause you to burn lbm.

Yes you would think that normally but this is a specially adapted diet.

I know more about UD2.0 than I do about PMSF but it's a similar principle except PMSF is suited more to people at high body fat and UD2.0 is for lean people to get very lean.

Basically you have very low calories, low carb, moderate fats (inc 10g fish oil per day.) The workouts and re-feeds are designed to keep your metabolism going and counter-act lbm loss.

My personal opinion is that at 250lbs+ 25-30%+, it's probably better just to shift the excess fat first. If there is some lbm loss, so be it. In my eyes (and I have never been that fat so I say this from an external point of view) the health benefits of dropping from 25% to under 15% are definately worth losing a few pounds of lbm.

Unholy
12-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Davidelmo summed it up pretty well. With PSMF there is no real structured workout plan. Your lifts will stay about the same but the volume will go down since you will be depleted. You should also take 6 fish oil caps or 1 table spoon of flax oil daily to get your omega 3's which are very important on PSMF or UD2.0. and 1500 cals is pretty high for psmf. Im only rocking about 860 a day unless i use one of my free meals.

Progress
12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Replace the Gatorade with water+dex shake.

GroundControl
12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Day Two Update:

Have not noticed any weight loss yet.

Yesterday I was around 12-1300 Calories, 200Grams of protein, fat content and carb content were real low. I really should fitday this crap.

Today so far Im already at about 1200 Calories, and only 100-120 Grams of protein, a little more fat then yesterday, I still have one more shake to go so that will bring it up to 170 or so, probably eat some cottage cheese to for some good protein.

Daily I change up protein (eggs, chicken, turkey ), I eat about 1.5-2Lb's of fresh veggies everyday ( I know because its a weighted salad bar). These are all "fibrous" veggies. 2-3 Shakes a day. Also about the salad, sometimes I use oil and vinegar just for some moisture, will this be alright or too much fat ? Also 6 fish oil caps (1000MG) and 2 Multi V's everyday.

The hunger pains are really nothing to bad, Im eating raw vegetables like its my ****in job. My body feels the same as it does as when Im fasting for Ramadan, but this diet will hopefully have much better results ! I am just trying to get my BF under 20%, any tips or hints are welcome, thanks for looking.

Also went lifting Monday, and I was real pumped, worked Chest and Triceps, I was suprised with the energy I came up with, it was like a normal workout, if not more intense. Thurs is going to be Back and Biceps, Fri = Shoulders and Legs, abs everyday.

D Breyer
12-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I would say your diet is more a low carb diet than a PSMF, your calories are quite high. Buy and read Lyles book.. its good stuff

Unholy
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Also start up a journal in the journal section. Your bound to get more feedback on a daily basis over there.

GroundControl
12-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Ok just fitday'd today, and the sum is NOT including all the veggies I eat ( I was told that these veggies are basically free as they are so fibrous that they take more calories to burn then they contain, true ? ) heres the link about 900 even not too bad, I need more Protein anyone got some help ?

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

Unreal
12-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Once again, read the book. It explains veggies. They are not free calories. They can add up quickly if you are eating alot, and if your adding oil and vinegar then they can add up real quickly.

ancom41
12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Appreciate the explanation, all. :D

D Breyer
12-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Ancom, at 12% bodyfat you do not have to worry about doing a PSMF... If you are looking to lose bodyfat, I would look into Lyle's other book: Ultimate Diet 2.0, aka UD 2.0