PDA

View Full Version : MonStar1023 NHE + HST Journal

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 09:42 AM
I have decided to start a new journal since I am starting a new training program that really isnt too old in itself. It needs some guinea pigs and I have decided to be one of them. Hopefully this was not a mistake.

Those of you who want to view my first NHE (Natural Hormonal Enhancement) journal it can viewed here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=6764).

... this is the original NHE journal that brought my weight from around 235-237 down to close to 210 lbs. The results following the NHE Eating Plan speak for themselves. I am not going to change anything in regards to diet.

Thorazine has a journal where he trains using HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) over at which is here (http://www.musclemagazine.com/bb/showthread.php?threadid=44941&pagenumber=4). The link is to page 4 of his journal where his HST experience starts.

:cool::cool:

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 09:52 AM
I have decided to give a brief outline of HST to those of you who are unfamiliar with it. The articles of HST by Bryan Haycock can be found here (http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/hypertrophy-specific-training.htm).

Here are the exercises that I will be doing with HST..
Legs- Leg Presses & Seated Leg Curls
Calves- Leg Press Calf-raises
Chest- Flat Dumbbell Presses & Weighted Dips
Back- Curl-grip Chins/Pulldowns & Bentover T-bar Rows*
Shoulders- Seated Behind-neck Presses
Biceps- Standing Barbell Curls
Triceps- Lying Barbell Ext.
Forearms- Seated Barbell Wrist Curls (might switch to Standing Reverse Barbell Curls)
Torso- Cable Crunches

* Bentover T-bar Rows are a special kind of t-bar row. Here is chris mason's explanation of them I think he describes them well.. Tbar rows: To setup this exercise at home is actually quite simple. If you train at a gym skip to the bottom now. Take your Olympic bar and place one end in a corner (you can use the corner of your cage/rack if you have one). When you progress to big poundages here, you will need to devise a way to secure this end. I have done so by screwing a U-shaped metal bar to the floor in my basement. I simply slide the end of the bar into this upside down U-shaped bar. If you have a training partner, he/she can simply place their foot loosely over the end of the bar. Once you have setup the bar, begin to load the opposite end with plates. For range of motion purposes, you need to start with 25 lb plates or smaller. As you add weight, you can begin to place larger plates further out (for example, I load 4 25s followed by 2 35s and then finally a 45 lb plate). Finally, you will need to get a v-bar grip, you know, the grip shaped like a 3 dimensional V with the grip handles parallel and spaced about 4" apart. You will place this (with the handles facing upwards) on the bar just behind where you load plates (the apex of the V will be under the bar with the handles coming upwards on either side of the bar). To actually perform the movement, stradle the bar with your legs. Start by essentially deadlifting the weight into a standing position. From this position bend over to approximately a 70 degree angle. Keep your lower back arched as you would in a squat. Now, lower the weight until your arms are fully extended, then lift the weight back into your mid-abdomen, repeat. You will probably naturally want to start the movement with a bit of a pull from the lower back, this is acceptable if you maintain good form and are not jerking the weight. When in doubt, train stricter, not looser. This is a fantastic exercise for the entire upper back and will help to build you that monster back and v-taper you are looking for! It will also place less stress on your lower back than bent-over rows.

I will be doing 1-2 sets of each with the desired rep range. I am going to take a few quotes from the HST articles themselves now...

Details.
- Workout should be performed 3 times per week.
- Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday are rest days. Light cardio (20-40 min.) may be performed on rest days. Incline treadmill (brisk walk) should be first choice.
- There is an obligatory increase in weight (from 5-20 lbs.) each workout. This means that at times you may be working with less than your maximum weight for any given rep scheme. This is by design. You will reach max poundages for a given rep range on the last workout of each two week block.
- Repetitions will decrease every 2 weeks in the following order: 15 for 2 weeks, 10 for 2 weeks, 5 for 2 weeks, 5s/negatives for two weeks. 15ís can be skipped when you are about to start over after the first 8 week cycle. If you are feeling strain-type injuries coming on don't skip the 15s.
- Sets will be limited to 1-2 per exercise. There is no problem with a single set per body part as long as it is a maximum effort and/or the rep tempo and form is strictly controlled or the weight is extremely heavy preventing further sets.
- Complete each workout using designated poundages even if muscles are sore from previous workout. It is important to know the difference between an injury and ordinary muscle soreness.
- Following each 6-8 week cycle, a one-week break should be taken during which no, or very little, training should be performed. This time is used to recuperate and allow any minor over-use injuries to heal. Try to get plenty of sleep as well as participate in leisure activities outside of the gym.

This was taken from the original HST article. Gives a pretty good outline of the program in my opinion. Basically you are increasing your 15RM, 10RM, and 5RM over the course of 2 weeks. For example if I could handle 70 lbs. DBs for 15 reps and my goal was 80 lbs. DBs I would do something like this.
M- 30x15
W- 40x15
F- 50x15

M- 60x15
W- 70x15
F- 80x15
Or something along those lines to gradually force my body into handling the heavier weights.

Basically, over the course of 2 weeks, I will be performing 6 workouts. The letter before the number will indicate the rep-range that I am using.
A- 15 rep-range
B- 10 rep-range
C- 5 rep-range
D- 5/negatives rep-range

The number, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6, will respresent which workout it is over the 2-week cycle. Workout 1 will be my lightest and Workout 6 will be heaviest, my heaviest.
M- 1
W- 2
F- 3

M- 4
W- 5
F- 6

Workout B2. This is my second workout, in the 10-rep range. Pretty simple!

Wish me luck!

:thumbup::thumbup:

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 09:59 AM
To all of you who are viewing this journal and dont know what NHE is... I am going to give a brief description of the diet. Basically there are TWO phases to the diet. There is the low-carb phase, and the carb-up phase. Some people refer to these as the up-cycle and the down-cycle. Anyway every single day of the week is a low-carb, moderate-fat, moderate-protein day. Similar to Atkin's, but not as much fat. However, 2 meals, one 2 specific days, are set aside each week which are high-carb meals. In a sense theyre cheat meals.

Viewing my first journal will make this one a lot easier because you will see exactly what I am talking about. My two carb-up meals while following HST + NHE will be on MONDAY & FRIDAY evenings. Basically I decided to put them on Monday and Friday because Monday and Friday will both be training days and the carb-up meals cause a huge rush in insulin and other hormones that will help with recovery. The carb-up meal is literally a pig-out. I eat and eat and eat until I cant take another bite. I will be taking some specific supplements to aid with glycogen replenishment during the carb-up like creatine and glutamine peptides and ALA etc.

Anyway thats basically NHE in a nutshell..

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Cardio.
(AM) 20 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

... damn I cant stand this AM cardio bullsh*t.

Diet.
M1- mixed nuts
M2- green salad + cheese + Ranch dressing
M3- turkey breast + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M4- Myoplex low-carb shake
M5- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Overall Comments.
Feel okay today. Not too fat considering I packed in a ton of calories yesterday. Decided not to go with a 14-day split.. chris mason really helped me out but I have chosen HST. I am looking forward to really giving this routine a try. I am kind of serving as the guinea pig though in a sense.. not too much scientific data to back up all of what I am going to be doing. As the day went by I REALLY felt the effects of yesterday's cheating. Damn my stomach and love handles and lower back felt EXTREMELY fat and soft and flabby.. :mad::mad:

Pain/Soreness.
Biceps and triceps are a little sore. Back is still a little sore nothing too bad. Damn my biceps are hurting!

Sleep.
5 hours + 2.5 hours... kinda of confusing but I fell asleep from around 10:15 to around 12:45, and then couldnt fell back asleep. So I just added the 2.5 hours to my 5 hours aftwards... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Why cant I just get a solid 7-8 hours?

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Calcium Complete 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
OKAY amount, not too much or too little.

Chris Rodgers
02-11-2002, 10:04 AM
*hands Monstar award for most replies to one's own journal in 10 minutes*

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 10:05 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- Myoplex low-carb bar + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
M2- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M3- 2 cheese sticks
Carb-up Meal- big bowl of spaghetti + Gatorade + 2 scoops ice-cream :D:D
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Having some real trouble trying to figure out where to start with each weight on my workout today though. I mean I need a weight where I can get 15 reps easily, but not TOO easily. Pretty easy though because there is a definite increase in weight of 5-20 lbs. on Wednesday's workout. So if I am even A LITTLE too heavy that will f*ck me all up. Preworkout today I only weighed 209 lbs. :D:D Really made me happy believe it or not. I mean cheating like crazy on Saturday, and then Monday, today, I weighed less than I have in a LONG time. Tonight's carb-up meal though I feel will change things around haha. Carb-up meal was GREAT. Spaghetti was great. VERY filling wow. Drank around 16-20 oz. of Gatorade with my carb-up meal. Also ate 2 scoops of delicious Reese's ice-cream. :p:p Didnt eat too much spagetti though Gatorade was filling me up hehe. Not really sure why.

Pain/Soreness.
Nothing feels sore at all today. Ready for my first HST workout.

Sleep.
9.5 hours sleep last night. Woke up once due to my Mom waking me up but other then that I slept like a baby. Really need to focus on my sleep for this type of program.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
1 serving TRAC + 5g glutamine peptides + 600 mg. ALA before carb-up meal
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Workout A1.
Leg Presses 500x15; 500x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 550x15
Seated Leg Curls 150x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 60x15; 60x15 (switch to 50s)
Curl-grip Chins BWx14; BWx8.5 (switch to pulldowns)
Dips +25x15 (switch to 10 + BW)
Bentover T-bar Rows 145x15 (switch 120)
Seated Behind-neck Presses 90x15; 90x15 (switch to 80)
Standing Barbell Curls 75x15; 75x15 (switch to 60)
Lying Barbell Ext. 75x15; 75x15 (switch to 60)
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 95x15 (switch to 85)
Cable Crunches 120x15
...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Realized that my poundages were WAY too heavy! In (-) and boldface are the changes that I am going to make for Wednesday's workout. On legs I can stick with that weight but for almost everything else, except abs, I need to decrease the weight by around 5-15 lbs.

Training Comments.
Wow! F*cking TOUGH AS F*CK workout. Totally exausting on my entire body. What the f*ck. Never had a workout so hard and intense and sickening before. Closest thing to it was Charles Poliquin's German Body Composition program where you have like 30 second rest periods between sets.. Leg presses f*cked the hell outta my legs. Entire lower body was beat down from these. Really felt the lactic acid building up in my legs. After 2 sets my lower body was baked. Calf raises werent too bad. Good burn but I need to keep my form perfect and really focus more on each contraction. Leg curls werent too bad either. Pretty good contractions, good burn on these, but nothing too intense. Can handle a good weight increase for Wednesday. Flat DBs beat up my pecs hard! Great contraction, great pump, great everything. Was coming really really close to failure on that second set so I have to be careful with increasing weight on this one. Maybe just go with 62.5 lbs. DBs on Wednesday. As long as there's an increase in weight Ill be happy. :cool::cool: Curl-grip chins were TOUGH as sh*t. Wow really got f*cked up big time with these. Holy sh*t. I am thinking that maybe I am going to either a) just go with pull-downs for my 15 rep-range, or something along those lines. Because honestly 15 curl-grip chins isnt happening for me. Not yet at least! Maybe do curl-grip pulldowns until I get to my 10 rep-range then Ill more over to chins. Dips were TOUGH! Cant increase too much on these I dont think. Great feeling in the middle of my pecs. WOW. Exausting. T-bar rows REALLY f*cked my day up. Damn.. they were GREAT. Great contraction, felt it like crazy, everything went well. However, I felt so sick afterwards. All the sudden I got completely light-headed and just nauseous. Had to finish my workout though.. so I just sucked it up and dealt. Anyway BTN presses hammered my delts and traps. I mean really messed them up. Second set was LOT harder then the first. Both were good though. Nice and slow reps really feeling it. BB curls beat up my biceps. DAMN they beat up my biceps! Second set I think I was like 1-2 reps away from total failure. Which is a joke because that means I wont be increasing too much the 5 workouts. Sh*t! :mad::mad: Lying ext. were the same way. Came close to failure especially on my second set. Wrist curls were fine. Good burn in my forearms. Good set. Cable crunches went well too. Felt it really well in my abs.

Training Length.
Workout lasted a brief 45 minutes! A LOT shorter then I was have expected.

Water.
Good amount today. Around 32 oz. of water right after my carb-up meal. That was good I guess to help glycogen replenishment. :thumbup::thumbup:

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 10:06 AM
LATMAN-
Haha damn right!

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Monstar you need to rethink your loads.

The most important aspect of HST is progression. It would be better to end up each two week cycle with much less than your max than it would be to overshoot. If you get too heavy to early you have nowhere to progress to. Got it? IF not then say so.

Also, there is no need to overshoot your max as you have. Even in the 10's and 5's etc. you use the same load as you preplanned for those reps, you don't increase the load becuase you feel you can. For instance, if at the very beginning of the program you feel you can do 10 reps for 100lbs, then don't change that to 120lbs once you get to 10 reps just becuase your strength has increased as a result of the 15's.

Also, Haycock states that you need a diet of at least 30% carbs to utilize the desired effect from the lactic acid buildup in the 15's and 10's.

Oh and you said you need to find an increase in weight that won't make it too easy -**** that. Even if it is super light it will work as long as you progress from workout to workout. I was doing fuckin 2.5 dumbell's on inline curls at the beginning of my 15's and worked up to like 5+lbs under my max for 15's by the end and my arms still grew even without any near failure work.

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 01:50 PM
Remember, it's better to undershoot than overshoot.

Check out my journal for my 15's.

Blood&Iron
02-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by MonStar1023

Training. Workout A1.
Leg Presses 500x15; 500x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 550x15
Seated Leg Curls 150x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 60x15; 60x15
Curl-grip Chins (bodyweight) x14x8.5
Weighed Dips 25x15
Bentover T-bar Rows 145x15
Seated Behind-neck Presses 90x15; 90x15
Standing Barbell Curls 75x15; 75x15
Lying Barbell Ext. 75x15; 75x15
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 95x15
Cable Crunches 120x15
[/B]
This looks very much like a prototypical HIT workout(Except maybe that the rep ranges for the upper body are a bit higher than normal.) The big difference in Haycock's approach is that his approach is periodized(Which I'm still unconvinced is the best way to go. I still plan on giving it a try sometime in the not-so-distant future, though.)

Training Comments.
All the sudden I got completely light-headed and just nauseous.

This is common with this type of workout(HIT), particularly when on a low-carb diet. When I do routines like this, I typically have to wait for 20-30 minutes, hovering over a toilet just in case I puke. You kinda get a feeling like you're going into shock and the whole world is "vibrating." Can't describe it much better than that. Frankly, I don't miss the feeling.

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 02:08 PM
aeckhardt-
Excellent point bro and I was thinking that already. I pretty much knew that my load was too heavy... I am thinking about lowering the weights on most exercises around 10-30 lbs. depending on the exercise. A good burn is what I am shooting for correct, not failure. Never realized how bad my endurance really is! Would you suggest me just lowering all my weights, and obviously moving over to pulldowns from from chins? Basically youre saying to start LIGHT and then slowly progress each workout correct? I am confused bro what youre saying about the 5 and 10 rep-range though.

Blood&Iron-
Thanks bro for your reply. Yeah this workout is tough as **** especially functioning on low carbs. It takes some real discipline. But I think that my results will be promising none-the-less..

.. have my poundage changes in (-) next to my poundages in today's workout. Again thanks for helping me out guys.

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 03:45 PM
Hmmm. What to say. Alright here's the thing - don't worry about burn or failure or anything like that, just progression. Most people say that while on HST they get the burn feeling throughout the 15's and 10's weeks and then after that(for instance in the 5's) the second week is actually easier than the first even though the weight is heavier - go figure. For me, I have never experienced the burn feeling probably because of the beyond failure trianing that i recently did. But, whatever the program still works.

Now, what I was saying about the 10's and 5's. What you want to do before starting the whole program is figure out your max's for each rep range. Then as you have figured out, work backwords from there by 5-20 lbs increments per workout day. What you do not want to do is add weight to those max's in expectance of a strength increase during the program. Stick with the same max you plotted out in the beginning. So say my 10 rep max for some exercise is 100lbs. I have just finished my two weeks of 15 reps and feel stronger, but I won't change my weights for the 10 rep weeks. I keep the same weight increments as I would have if I had not gotten any stronger.

Oh, and do pulldowns instead of chins.

Go do a search on google.groups.misc.fitness.weights and at the yahoo group supertraining. And read all the Q and A on HST at Thinkmuscle.com

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Check out this link too- It is to the 17th Newsletter for thinkmuscle. Look at the part about tempo -which should help to keep intensity high even when load is small.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/hypertrophy-specific-training-06.htm

chris mason
02-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Monstar, did you send me 1 million posts to completely disregard what we spoke about? You are one nutty dude!

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Haha, I know what you mean.

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 07:04 PM
aeckhardt-
Whatsup bro? Okay I know what youre saying. Thanks for all the replies. I read a bunch on HST and I have decided NOT to determine my 5, 10, and 15 rep maxes. Only because I want to just let things fall into place. For example flat DBs... 45s, then increase to 50s next workout, etc. etc. I dont want some specific rep and weight that I have to follow to the point. I feel like Ill achieve a lot better results not figuring out my maxes etc. Thanks for the ideas though bro. Definitely appreciated. I mean honestly I have taken what youve said into consideration I dont want to give you the impression that I am just blowing off what youre saying because its not like that at all.

chris mason-
Im am really really sorry bro. I dont know what the heck happened. I just decided to go with HST. No offense to you at all I will be giving your program a try trust me.. in time.

Blood&Iron
02-11-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
Monstar, did you send me 1 million posts to completely disregard what we spoke about? You are one nutty dude!
He kinda tends to do that. It certainly can be a bit frustrating. Now you're forewarned.

BTW, no offense Monstar. But it's true. :D

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 08:58 PM
Blood&Iron-
No offense taken bro I know I have that stupid problem. I stuck with NHE for a while though that really made me proud of myself. A month or more is a LONG time for me!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

aeckhardt
02-11-2002, 09:26 PM
You little whore! I am so offended! How could you not take my advice and do everything I say and become my personal slave.

You know whatever you do that I don't tell you is just gonna make you lose all your gains right? Right,huh huh?

SO yeah, I'm never posting on this journal again. Except for this time, and possibly in a couple of hours after you respond to this and then after your next journal entry. Yeah, so there.

Awww, look what you mad me do:cry:

Your even makin my pet hippo cry. He read everything you wrote and he thinks your a terrible person and he no longer wants to change his name to Monstar. Actually he thinks its quite stupid, who wants to be a monstar anyway. We'd rather be fairies. Wait we already....., um, er, nevermind. HAhaha.

Nice work on the NHE though, you did keep doing that one for awhile.

MonStar1023
02-11-2002, 09:29 PM
aeckhardt-
Haha lol bro. Nah I just didnt want you to get offended ya know? Some people even through computer message boards where everyone is out to help eachother get all bent out of shape like, bla bla bla you dont listen to my advice da ta da ta da. Anyway thank God your not like that because I really do appreciate your replies theyre always very helpful. Please continue you do so frequently.

Blood&Iron
02-12-2002, 06:13 AM
aeckhardt-
Haha lol bro. Nah I just didnt want you to get offended ya know? Some people even through computer message boards where everyone is out to help eachother get all bent out of shape like, bla bla bla you dont listen to my advice da ta da ta da. Anyway thank God your not like that because I really do appreciate your replies theyre always very helpful. Please continue you do so frequently.

Personally, I've got absolutely no problem with you not following my advice(Although I don't really think I've given you any per se.) You're probably better off for doing so. It's just occasionally, I get the sense you're not listening. Although you've definitely seemed to improve in this regard(At least from Elite.)

MonStar1023
02-12-2002, 07:42 AM
Blood&Iron-
Its not that I am listening bro. The majority of the time I do seriously take what people are saying into valid consideration. But if I feel that I will make more progress in another way I might just go with that. I am not bullheaded and not willing to try other things its just that with some aspects of bodybuilding I know what works for my body ya know?

MonStar1023
02-12-2002, 07:45 AM
Cardio.
(AM) 20 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

Diet.
M1- turkey breast + green salad + oil & vinegar dressing + cheese
M2- carrots + Ranch dip
M3- green salad + vinegar + tuna salad + cheese + olives
M4- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Overall Comments.
Feel okay today. Felt flabby a little bit only because of the carb-up meal. Dont feel too tired or anything like that though which is good. I kind of thought I was going to too for some reason. Felt good other then that though. Which is good I guess. I am REALLY looking forward to my workout tomorrow! Even though Wednesday is the only day I workout without a carb-up feast afterwards. This works seems to be really fun..

Pain/Soreness.
Back is pretty sore. Chest is also a little bit sore. Nothing too major though. Ill be fine for tomorrow's workout especially since I am dropping most of the weight.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept really really well. Wow didnt wake up AT ALL. Not interupted at all. That was a lot better then what I have been doing.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
OKAY amount, not really enough I dont think.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- turkey breast + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- Protein Diet bar
M3- green salad + Ranch dressing + cheesestick
M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
M5- frozen steak + cheese + 1 tbsp. mayo
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Got some good sleep which really helps me out during the day. I really need to keep my sleep a top priority with HST also. Preworkout today I weighed 209 lbs. Which was good. I figured I was going to weigh around 210-211 due to my big carb-up meal but when I saw that I weighed only 209 lbs., it made me feel better. Friday I am thinking that I will weigh around 207-208 due to the low carbs. :cool::cool:

Pain/Soreness.
Not really too sore today. Back is a little sore and so are my traps but nothing too bad. Feel good overall. Nothing really hurting too badly.

Sleep.
8 hours sleep last night. Slept well. Good deep sleep really felt good today.. Need to try and keep up a solid 7-9 hours per night.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Workout A2.
Leg Presses 520x15; 520x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 560x15
Seated Leg Curls 160x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 50x15; 50x15
Curl-grip Pulldowns 110x15; 110x15
Dips +10x15
Bentover T-bar Rows 120x15
Seated Behind-neck Presses 85x15; 85x15
Standing Barbell Curls 60x15; 60x15
Lying Barbell Ext. 60x15; 60x15
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 85x15
Cable Crunches 130x15
... :eek::eek: Had to drop almost all of my weights from Monday's workout because they were all too high!

Training Comments.
Workout was GREAT today. Really enjoyed it. Great over all workout and a LOT of fun. Looking forward to Friday's workout. Started off with some high-rep leg presses. Damn these were hurting. Could almost feel the lactic acid pouring into my legs. :eek::eek: Felt good though. Hams and glutes were hit hard from these. Wont be increasing too much Friday. Calf raises went good. Little high in weight but oh well. That just means not too much of a weight increase. Maybe 5-10 lbs. or something along those lines. Leg curls were good. Little light though a good increase in weight will help. Flat DBs went really well. Really concentrated on contracting my pecs hard. Nice pump from these. Curl-grip pulldowns were GREAT! Literally had my entire upper and middle back flexed while I was doing these. Love curl-grip! Never felt it so much from pulldowns in my life. Dips went well hit chest hard. Think that I can handle some more weight for Friday though. Probably BW + 15.. T-bar rows hit my mid-back like crazy! Great set. Great pump and feeling of exaustion throughout my back. BTN presses hit my delts and traps hard. Felt really really light though. Need to increase maybe to 95 for Friday. Concentrated hard on contracting my delts. Both good sets. Curls were great. Really enjoyed them as well. Felt good about the weight, good burn towards the end of the set. BB skulls went well too. Good contraction on each rep. Took each rep slow and steady really concentrating on my triceps. Wrist curls were incredible. Let the bar really roll down into my fingertips, excellent contraction on each rep. Nice and slow really feeling the burn. :D:D Finished with cable crunches. Great contraction on each rep, held the contraction for 2-3 seconds.

Training Length.
Workout was very brief and intense. Lasted around 40 minutes.

Water.
Not enough! Need more tomorrow. Need a lot more.. :mad::mad: Felt really thirsty postworkout.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 05:33 PM
I thought I made this comment but now I don't so it so maybe I should try again.

You have too much volume. You should be doing 1-2 sets per bodypart. You are currently doing 3. Aight?

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 05:51 PM
aeckhardt-
Whatsup bro? Yeah I know that you said 1-2 sets per bodypart. I was going to cut a set out but in Bryan Haycock's recommendations he says 1-2 sets per exercise. And that youll probably only be able to handle one. I feel okay doing 2 bro..

Thanks for the reply.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Yeah but he is assuming you are only doing one exercise per bodypart.

If you wanna do it your way, that's cool. But just realize you will be doing tons of volume that way. This is supposed to be very low volume. Once you hit that last day of each rep schem and you are going close to failure on all of your bodyparts 3 sets is gonna ******* kill you. And not in a good way. You don't wanna tire out your CNS.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Plus, just to let you know, out of the people on google.misc.fitness.weights who say they have used it, the ones who only did one set and one exercise per bodypart said they got the best results.Let me repeat: That equates to one set per bodypart per workout!

It is not neccesary to pound your muscles with that many sets because you will be hitting them so many times in one week. It's all about progression, not hammering your muscles.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 08:01 PM
aeckhardt-
Yeah I know what youre saying. If I feel like 2 sets are really f*cking me up then I will drop it down to one set. Well see how things go. Do you think that NHE is a good diet for optimizing HST or no? I think that my results will be fine with NHE. Worked great so far.. but well see. I just like the idea that I dont have to count the calories, protein, carbs, or fat. And I can eat out etc. eating on NHE. Much more reasonable than most diets. Like the CID and CKD and TKD you have to be all anal about every little thing that goes into your mouth.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 08:09 PM
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/forums/Thread.cfm?CFApp=1&Thread_ID=178&mc=8.com

That is for the volume.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/hypertrophy-specific-training-06.htm

That is for the eating. Scroll down to the question about eating.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 08:15 PM
aeckhardt-
Thanks for the links bro definitely appreciate it. Yeah I have skimmed both of the links that you gave me. Never really read them in detail though. Yeah I know my volume maybe a TAD higher then exactly what he is recommending but I dont think that its TOO high. I mean Thorazine did around 3 total sets per bodypart Mon, Wed, Fri and his results were phenomenal.

Well see I guess.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Thought I'd let you know that NHE would probably still work. The need for carbs in the 15's and 10's is for the lactic acid. But, it really doesn't change growth all that much. Plus all the lactic acid does is flush the muscles, prepare the tendions for the heavier weights, and do stuff like that. That is why some are possibly experimenting with no 15's and 10's and just cycling 5's negatives since that is where most of the growth is even though it will be harder on the system.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 08:26 PM
aeckhardt-
Yeah thats what I figured bro. I mean I have been achieving phenomenal results with NHE. Lost 25 lbs. in 2 months with 3 complete and all-out BINGE days. Thats pretty good if you ask me! I mean thats better then any other diet I have heard of. I am not thinking that it's water either because of the frequent carb-up meals... but who knows. I am thinking of adding some supps to my carb-up meal..

Like maybe some CLA, vanadyl, chromium, magnesium, hydroxycitric acid (Citrimax).. maybe increase the dosage of the ALA or add some D-ribose. Who knows well see I guess.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 08:29 PM
My brother has used most of those so I'll see what he thought.

MonStar1023
02-13-2002, 08:30 PM
aeckhardt-
Okay thanks bro. Your brother used them with carb-ups or not? Because otherwise I dont think they would do too much. I was just going to add them in for a little extra glycogen replenishment thats all. Trying to really really make the MOST of my carb-up meal.

aeckhardt
02-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Um, I just talked to him and he said he used everything that Lyle recommends in his ketogenic diaries pages shiat. He said they worked well, but he never did a carb up without them so he really has nothing to compare them to.Sorry.

MonStar1023
02-14-2002, 05:15 AM
aeckhardt-
Please help me out... thats cool about your brother but I kinda want more opinions then just one. No offense to you or anything like that. Or your brother. But the list is something like this...

1.5 servings TRAC
5g glutamine peptides / or regular glutamine
600 mg. ALA (maybe up dosage)
CLA 1000 mg.
Vanadyl 50 mg.
Chromium 250 mg.
Magnesium 500 mg.
Hydroxycitric acid (Citrimax) 750 mg.
D-ribose 3000 mg.

:help::help:

Do these dosages look okay? Maybe more chromium or HCA? HELP!

MonStar1023
02-14-2002, 06:29 AM
Happy Valentine's Day.. me and my BABY went out to dinner and bought her a dozen roses and some other things from Hallmark etc. What a great time.

:angel::angel:

Cardio.
(AM) 10 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

... slept too late! :mad::mad: I am going to have to end up doing my other 10 minutes of the bike this afternoon which pisses me off. I think its better to do 20 minutes straight rather than to do 10 and 10 minutes. Oh well.

(PM) 10 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

Diet.
M1- 2-3 oz. turkey breast + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- 1/2 Pure Protein bar
M3- green salad + Ranch dressing + chicken salad + cheesestick
M4- Atkin's low-carb choclate
M5- green salad + Ceasar dressing + cheese
M6- 8 oz. sirloin steak + grilled veggies + a few sugar-free popsicles
Overall Comments.
Felt good today. Really had some difficulty staying on my diet since it was Valentine's Day and all just I just kept looking forward to tomorrow night when I get to carb-up! Really looking forward to my workout and my carb-up meal... :D:D

Pain/Soreness.
Back is hurting. Lats and midback are both hurting. Glutes are also hurting pretty badly. Really not that sore though considering.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept pretty well. Woke up once right after I fell asleep. I am not sure why though.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Okay amount today. Need maybe a little more tomorrow.

aeckhardt
02-14-2002, 07:47 AM
MS I don't know the proper amounts for those supplements so there is nothing I can tell you. I think you have used most of them before so just stick with your intuition. Plus remember, supplements only add that extra 5% or so anyway.

Thorazine
02-14-2002, 01:38 PM
For supplements, anything to maximize recovery is a must.

Talking to an expert I know, he recommends Glutamine, Arginine, and BCAA's (the latter not absolutely necessary).

Lots of rest is important.

Yes, I did do 3 sets for bigger bodyparts (back, chest, legs at times) but next time I go through this, I'm going to try to follow EXACTLY how he does it.

You have to learn how your body reacts.

What I did differently was I just didn't do 2 sets of one exercise. I did 3 different exercises, one set per exercise for the bigger muscle groups.

This is a great routine for LBM, and it helps rid you of any lagging injuries.

You'll soon learn where you stand on this. You'll eventually see that you don't want to do more then 3 MAX sets per bodypart, but preferably one or two.

Thorazine

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-14-2002, 01:41 PM
I swear MS, you and your damn supplements...

If i met you in real life i'd punch you in the face.

MonStar1023
02-14-2002, 02:10 PM
aeckhardt-
Okay thanks bro.. I definitely appreciate it. Well see how things go. I am probably going to add all that I suggested. Some citrimax, vanadyl, etc. Well see what happens.

Thorazine-
Yeah bro so far things have been excellent. Thanks for the reply. Well see how things go.

The_Chicken_Daddy-
Lol I bet you would bro. Haha I am just always wanna make the most of my food etc.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-14-2002, 03:45 PM
seriously now tho Mike, the difference all those supps will make isn't even worth the money you're paying for them.

You've made great progress since the early days of elite man, but seriously, you gotta wise up...

MonStar1023
02-14-2002, 03:57 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Hehe I know bro. But I get almost all of them for free. Just old stuff lying around the house that I never took or finished etc.. I am thinking about taking 30 minutes before my my carb-up meal..

1.5 servings TRAC
5g glutamine peptides
1-2g taurine
600 mg. ALA
500 mg. magnesium
400-800 mg. chromium
20 mg. vanadyl sulphate

Well see I guess...

MonStar1023
02-15-2002, 06:07 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- turkey breast + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- Atkin's low-carb choclate bar
M3- green salad + olives + cheese + tuna salad + oil & vinegar dressing
M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
Carb-up Meal- big bowl of spaghetti + Ragu sauce + 32 oz. Gatorade + 2 scoops ice-cream :p:p
Overall Comments.
Feel really good today. Little drowsy when I first woke up but I snapped out of that really fast. Preworkout today I weighed 208 lbs. I was glad. I mean I have been hovering around 210 lbs. for a while now. Which IS down 25 lbs. from what I started NHE at, but I would like to get down to the 195-200 lbs. area. Looking forward to carb-up meal! :D:D Carb-up was GREAT. Tasted so so good. Yum yum. Lime Gatorade was so delicious I loved it!.. pasta was OKAY. Didnt eat too much pasta I am not sure why though. I am thinking the Gatorade filled me up. I ate Bovinity Divinity Ben & Jerry's ice-cream. Damn it was GREAT! Loved it. Anyway I am looking forward to my next carb-up meal on Monday.

Pain/Soreness.
Back pretty sore today. Nothing else is really that bad I dont think. Midback also really sore today.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept really really well too. Felt well-rested when I woke up. Workout should go great today. Also had maybe a 20-25 minute nap before my workout.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 250 mg. magnesium + 2g d-ribose + 3 V2G before carb-up meal
Sleep Formula before bed
... added a bunch of supplements to help aid in glycogen replenishement. I am hoping that this will really make a big difference with my glycogen etc. :cool::cool: Have description a few posts after this one. Added Cytodyne's Phosphaplex, EAS's V2G, and a few others.

Training. Workout A3.
Leg Presses 540x15; 540x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 570x15
Seated Leg Curls 170x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 55x15; 55x15
Curl-grip Pulldowns 120x15; 120x15
Dips +15x15
Bentover T-bar Rows 130x15
Seated Behind-neck Presses 95x15; 95x15
Standing Barbell Curls 65x15; 65x15
Lying Barbell Ext. 65x15; 65x15
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 90x15
Cable Crunches 135x15
Training Comments.
GREAT workout today! Really had an excellent workout. Took a nap right before so I kind of felt a LITTLE bit drowsy but nothing major. Leg presses were tough. These increases in weight are really f*cking up my legs big time. Wow 2nd set really beat my legs up. :eek::eek: Calf raises REALLY hit my calves well. Great burn and excellent feeling of exaustion throughout my lower legs. Good pump too considering it was only one set. Leg curls went well. Good burn towards the end of the set. Good contractions. Flat DBs... WOW. I feel like I am at my failure weight soon. I will probably hit my 15RM around 67.5 lbs. DBs or maybe even 65s. I dont know but I do know that those 55s were beating my pecs down today. 2nd set was killer. Great burn and pump in my pecs. :cool::cool: Curl-grip pulldowns really really really hit my back hard. Great contractions in my lats and midback. Excellent exercise. Looking forward to switching to curl-grip chins when I start my 10-rep weeks. Dips killed my pecs! I cant imagine doing BW + 25 lbs. for 15 reps like I did on Monday. Not sure why. I am thinking my 15RM is around 30-35 lbs. + BW. I dont know I guess well see obviously. BTN presses were GREAT. I love them! One of my favorite exercises. Used 95 lbs. Really felt light again like Wednesday. 2nd set was tougher but still feels like such p*ssy weight. BB curls went well. Hit biceps hard. Good sets. Second was a tough one! My 15RM for BB curls is around 77.5 I think or maybe 80 at the MOST. Same with lying BB ext. Second set of lying ext. was a KILLER. Wow hit my tris unbelievably. :D:D Wrist curls were great. Really focused so much during that one set. Not doing any volume really for forearms so that one set I have to REALLY give it my all. Cable crunches hit my abs hard! Great burn, excellent set. Contractions were great.

Training Length.
Workout today lasted around 50 minutes. Little longer. Oh well not a big deal. 40-50 minutes is average length for HST.

Water.
Good amount today. Took around 35 oz. after my carb-up meal. Didnt feel too bloated either. :thumbup::thumbup:

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 06:47 AM
YOU FOOL!

MonStar1023
02-15-2002, 07:23 AM
aeckhardt-
Huh?

:confused::confused:

For my supplement choices..?

gopro
02-15-2002, 07:54 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Hehe I know bro. But I get almost all of them for free. Just old stuff lying around the house that I never took or finished etc.. I am thinking about taking 30 minutes before my my carb-up meal..

1.5 servings TRAC
5g glutamine peptides
1-2g taurine
600 mg. ALA
500 mg. magnesium
400-800 mg. chromium
20 mg. vanadyl sulphate

Well see I guess...

Is this what you want me to look at Mon?

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 08:05 AM
No I was just in the mood to say it. I had no one here to direct it to so I figured you could be my victim.

Mwuahahahahahhaah.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2002, 10:14 AM
Hey MS, what do you know about biotin?

It's a B vitamin I take it to help increase insulin sensitivity, so when i do low carbs for an extended period, it helps when i carb up.

MonStar1023
02-15-2002, 05:12 PM
aeckhardt-
Haha alright bro.. whatever floats your boat I guess.

The_Chicken_Daddy-
Nah bro I havnt heard of biotin. Maybe Ill give it a shot. Chances are youll gimme some crap you just know that I will buy. Haha...

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2002, 06:40 PM
lmfao.

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Oo ooo ooooooo! Are you selling crap? I'll take 2 pounds please and don't forget to close the lid this time, I spilled some all over my carseat last time. Not that it matters, I dig in before I get home anyway, I just can't control myself.

MonStar1023
02-16-2002, 09:07 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Hehe I can picture you doing something like that. "Oh take horse's feces it will help your glycogen replenishment."

aeckhardt-
whatsup bro? Nah I am not selling supplements. Its all old sh*t around my house.

aeckhardt
02-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Um, MS, I meant crap literally, not as in supplements. It was supposed to be a joke. You know, ha ha?

MonStar1023
02-16-2002, 08:37 PM
aeckhardt-
I know that bro.. hehe thanks for the info though.

MonStar1023
02-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- green salad + tuna salad + cheese + olives + oil & vinegar dressing
M2- sunflower seeds + beef jerkey
M3- Myoplex low-carb bar
M4- green salad + cheese + Ceasar dressing + gilled chicken
Overall Comments.
Didnt really feel too good today. Felt a little flabby, and also I was moody and grumpy all day long. I am 100% sure its because of my sleep. F*cking pisses me off because I act all pissed towards my girlfriend and she didnt chose for me to have sh*tty sleep that affected my mood all day long. :(:(

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today. Chest a TAD sore. Nothing major though at all.

Sleep.
9 hours of sleep last night, but sleep was INTERRUPTED like crazy! Woke up to go inside from my girlfriend's car once, then had to wake up again because I fell asleep downstairs and had to go upstairs to my room. :mad::mad:

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Good amount I guess. Took in a good amount all day.

MonStar1023
02-17-2002, 12:49 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M2- green salad + grilled chicken + Ranch dressing + cheese
M3- Myoplex low-carb bar
M4- filet mignon + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M5- cheesestick
Overall Comments.
Felt good today. Kind of felt fat just because of what I wore. Not too bad though. Really craving some of the foods that my girlfriend Brittany was eating... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Stuck to my diet though no problem. Not really in the mood to cheat and feel like a fat pig, especially when my carb-up meal is tomorrow night. :D:D Cant wait! Already picked out my Ben & Jerry's.

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today. Pecs are a LITTLE sore. Not really though.

Sleep.
9 hours of sleep last night. Interrupted ONCE! :mad::mad: Need to really f*cking focus on getting a SOLID 7-9 hours sleep per night.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Adipokinetix + 2 Energel 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Okay amount, need more tomorrow. :cool::cool:

reso
02-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Monstar how was the carb load? what foods did u eat:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2002, 10:13 AM
MS: do you not think it's all them stimulants you're taking that may be effecting your sleep?

MonStar1023
02-17-2002, 06:15 PM
reso-
Whatsup bro? How was the carb-load? Whatd you mean? I eat a carb-up meal every Monday and Friday night. Just look at my journal entries on Monday's and Friday's bro. Its my last meal of the day and I usually talk about it in my overall comments.

The_Chicken_Daddy-
Nah its not bro. When I say interrupted sleep all I am saying is that I fell asleep in my girlfriend's car or something along those lines. Not a big deal really. I just had to wake up, go into my house, and go back to sleep. I never wake up after I fall asleep otherwise.

MonStar1023
02-17-2002, 06:24 PM
The following is specifically what I am going to be taking around 20-30 minutes before my carb-up meal. For a few of the supplements I listed exactly what is in the product..

1 serving Phosphaplex (Cytodyne)
5g creatine
2.2g ribose
2g taurine100 mg. phosphorous
95 mg. magnesium
200 mcg. selenium
6 mg. manganese
25 mg. glucosol
400 mcg. chromium

1 serving TRAC (MHP)
4g creatine
4g arginine
600 mg. lysine
200 mg. phenylalanine
2.5 mg. NADH

3 V2G (EAS)
22.5 mg. vanadyl sulfate
2.4g taurine
100 mcg. selenium

2 Insulene (Pinnacle)
90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa l. (Glucosol)
10 mg. d-pinitol inzitol
250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, chromium, lipoic acid, phosphatidyl serine)

2g ribose (Twinlab)
400 mg. chromium (GNC)
250 mg. magnesium (GNC)
500 mg. glycine (Twinlab)
600 mg. ALA (Vitamin Shoppe, GNC)
5g glutamine peptides (AR Nutrition)

In (-) is the brand of the supplement in case anyone is intersted.

... If I eat a 2nd carb-up meal that one will just be around 300 mg. ALA. Because it will be a lot smaller.

MonStar1023
02-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- filet mignon + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
M3- frozen steak + 1 tbsp. mayo
Carb-up Meal 1- big bowl of spaghetti + Ragu sauce + 2 scoops ice-cream + 32 oz. Gatorade :p:p
Carb-up Meal 2- 2 cups cereal + 1 cup skim milk
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Been looking forward to my carb-up meal tonight for a few days hehe. Preworkout today I weighed 207 lbs. Good to see that my weight is gradually decreasing. Really making me feel better hehe. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Something else that I just realized is that I am almost 30 lbs. down from when I first started dieting with NHE! Damn thats crazy! I dont feel THAT much smaller but 30 lbs. is a BIG difference. Jeez. I decided to measure my waist too. At the end of December 2001 (after only 1-2 weeks of NHE), my waist measured 39.5 inches... damn. :mad::mad: Thats ridiculous. What a fat pig. January 19th, around 3 weeks or so ago, it measured 37 inches. This afternoon, my waist, not really flexed or unflexed, measured 35 inches at my naval! :thumbup::thumbup: Wow! I am really impressed. Down 2 more inches! This makes my entire day better.. Damn I guess a 33-34 inch waist is definitely in my reach then. ;);) I am down 4.5 inches since I started NHE! Wow carb-up meal was INCREDIBLE. Loved every ounce of it. Gulped down 32 oz. of Fierce Grape Gatorade, while eating a gigantic bowl of pasta. Wow both filled me up quickly. Oh well. Ate Ben & Jerry's Concession Obsession ice-cream. Damn it was so f*cking good! I couldnt believe how good it tasted. Vanilla bean ice-cream with caramel and everything else in it... jeez. Decided to add a small carb-meal right before bed. To basically keep insulin levels up and leptin levels up. Also to replenish glyogen while I am asleep. Well see what happens with this little change I have made.

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all. Feel good.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept really really well too. Slept straight through and had some whacked out dreams. Oh well.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 250 mg. magnesium + 2g d-ribose + 3 V2G + 2 Insulene before carb-up meal 1
300 mg. ALA before carb-up meal 2
Sleep Formula before bed
... added 2 of Pinnacle's Insulene. Thinking about adding a fat-burner called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports. Well see I guess. Supposed to blow away Xenadrine and Adipokinetix etc. Ordered it by mail today, so it will probably come in in around 7-10 days. I will be cycling it week-on, week-off, with Xenadrine and/or Adipokinetix + ephedra. :cool::cool:

Training. Workout A4.
Leg Presses 550x15; 550x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 580x15
Seated Leg Curls 180x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 57.5x15; 57.5x15
Curl-grip Pulldowns 130x15; 130x15
Dips +20x15
Bentover T-bar Rows 140x15
Seated Behind-neck Presses 105x15; 105x15 :eek::eek:
Standing Barbell Curls 70x15; 70x15
Lying Barbell Ext. 70x15; 70x15
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 100x15
Cable Crunches 140x15
Training Comments.
Great workout today. Loved it. Started off with leg presses. They didnt feel too bad today. Lasted workout or so I thought that I was really coming close to my 15RM but today it didnt feel too bad at all. 15RM is probably around 600 lbs. Something like that. Anyway calf raises went well, good burn. Leg curls were a good contraction. Felt good also. Great burn throughout my hams. Flat DB presses... only went up 2.5 lbs. Oh well. Coming close to my 15RM for flat DBs. I am thinking its around 65s or 67.5s. If that. Well see. Second set is a KILLER. Anyway. Pulldowns were just AWESOME. Loving the underhand great really really puts a LOT of stress on my lats and midback. Feel it more then any back movement I have ever done. Weighted dips went GREAT. Loved them. Really hit my pecs hard. T-bar rows were AWESOME as usual. MURDERED my midback wow. Hurting like crazy afterwards. BTN presses went really really well also. Second set was basically a failure set. Kinda pissed me off but oh well. I am thinking that my 15RM is around 110, maybe 112.5. Last 1-2 reps of 105 though I was hitting failure. Barbell curls hammered my biceps. Second set was a killer. :cry::cry: Aching burn. Lying ext. went well. Second set I was REALLY REALLY pushing failure. Wow. Last 2-4 reps of second set were killing me. I am thinking that 80 is my failure weight for BB curls and lying ext. Well see. Wrist curls I used 100 lbs. Great burn and aching throughout my lower arms. Wow great burn. Good contractions. Coming close to failure real fast. Making sure I get a full ROM with wrist curls. Cable crunches went well. Getting a GREAT contraction on each rep. Really focusing on my abs and bringing them out. :D:D

... this entire 15-rep bullsh*t was really pissing me off today. When a few of my friends came in the gym who always look up to me because I can lift so much more then them. Well today I was doing the same as them with 70 lbs. BB curls and 57.5 lbs. flat DB presses! Oh well I know thats not important. Really looking forward to the 10-rep and 5-rep week though!

Training Length.
Workout today lasted around 45 minutes. Pretty brief for the most part. Rest periods short.

Water.
Good amount today I guess. Around 32 oz. after my carb-up meal.

MarshallPenn
02-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Hey, I don't know what this NHE thing is, but you eat next to nothing. I think I eat more in one meal than you do all day. Why eat so little?

MarshallPenn
02-18-2002, 07:16 PM
And, BTW in another 10 years you won't be able to sleep through the night without having to piss. :) So don't worry about it. You worry a lot man -- that's worse for your muscle growth than anything!

MonStar1023
02-18-2002, 07:20 PM
MarshallPenn-
Hehe I dont really worry about anything that much bro. I just exagerate everything here in my journal. I just try and keep every aspect of my bodybuilding lifestyle perfect, that way my results will be optimal. Another thing.. I have a good description of NHE in my first 2-3 posts of this journal so check it out. Diet is working great. Loving it! I dont really think I eat that little at all bro. I mean in my carb-up meal I eat around 2000+ calories, and around 300+ grams of carbs. So thats not too little... oh well. I am cutting though bro so I try to eat my meals pretty often and keep them relatively small.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Cardio.
(AM) 10 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

... slept-in! I dont know what the hell is wrong with me. Oh well going to have to make up the rest of my cardio this afternoon. F*cking pisses me off when this bullsh*t happens. tuttuttuttut

(PM) 10 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

Diet.
M1- 1 tbsp. peanut butter + Protein Diet bar
M2- 2 Atkin's choclate bars
M3- green salad + tuna salad + olives + cheese
M4- frozen steak + 1 tbsp. mayo
M5- bag of peanuts + cheesestick
Overall Comments.
Feel okay today. Need to really go tanning I look so pale. :(:( Thinking about maybe changing up NHE. Having a medium-sized carb-up meal the night after every workout rather than a huge carb-up meal twice a week. Well see though looking for some opinions.

Pain/Soreness.
None.

Sleep.
8 hours of sleep last night. Woke up once. But I kind of thought that I was going to because of the carb-up meal right before bed, with the ALA.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... looking forward to VPX Sports Liquid Clenbutrx coming in next week! Also might add some biotin to my carb-up supplements. The_Chicken_Daddy is helping me out with that right now.

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount of water today I guess.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2002, 01:09 PM
hey Mike, how long do you plan on cutting for?

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 01:27 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Basically I just plan on cutting until I am cut. Hehe I know that it sounds stupid and its not too rational but I mean right now I still have some flab on my stomach that I want to get rid of by the end of March, start of April. Especially by Spring time.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2002, 01:29 PM
so what weight are you aiming for approximately?

y'know eventually i think you're gonna have to really start counting cals. Especially if you wanna get below 10%. what bf would you say you're currently at?

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 01:41 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Whatsup bro? F*CK! I just clicked the Reset Form button! D*mnit I hate when that sh*t happens. Anyway I am shooting for a weight of around 190-195 I think. I can tell that I am nearing my ideal weight, however, I dont feel like I am there yet. I am around 207-208 right now. Still have a layer of fat over my abs. I can see my abs but theyre still flabby and not too hard. Definition in my arms also isnt what I would like it to be. I guess well have to see. I am not sure what my bf% is.

Even when I reach my ideal weight though I am not going to change my diet much. And I dont think Ill have to count calories as long as I really watch and make sure that I keep my carbs down in the low-carb days... well see. From what I understand Liquid Clenbutrx, the stuff in the mail, is incredible at burning fat. Ill keep ya posted.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2002, 01:53 PM
i have never seen you, but i seriously suspect you'll be about 180lbs before you're looking as lean as i think you want to be.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 01:58 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Nah bro I dont think so. I mean I honestly dont think that my body will be able to get to 180 lbs. I just want to be ripped. Not like bodybuilder crazy ripped but just really really defined. Like not being able to pinch anything, or not much, on your stomach. Having really defined and veiny arms, etc. I really am shooting for maybe a 32-33 inch waist if thats even possible with my body frame. I am thinking that once I really get to the point where I am seriously as ripped and cut as I want to be, Ill change up my diet. Still sticking to NHE obviously but eating carb-up meals the night after every single workout ya know? Right now I am eating them on Monday, and Friday. I am going to change it up to Monday, Wednesday, Friday I think once I am shredded.

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 01:59 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
By the way were you serious about the biotin? Vitamin B-12 or whatever?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2002, 02:13 PM
I seriously think you will be about 180-185 before you're happy with the way you look, but then again it is just a hunch.

oh and i was serious about biotin. Biotin and ALA actually have similar structures and so use the same transport mechanism. With all the ALA you're using you may end up with a biotin deficiency which is partly why i suggested it.

oh and biotin = biotin, not vit B12.

i'm gonna do an article on it and i got a lot already, but i'm still researching how it aids in increasing insulin sensitivity. I'm not saying go out and buy it, but maybe read up on it a little?

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 03:33 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Thanks for info bro on biotin. I guess well have to see what happens. I am sure you know your sh*t. What kind of dosage would be completely optimal when it comes to maximizing biotin's effects? Which B vitamin is biotin?

Is is expensive like ALA or cheaper?

MonStar1023
02-19-2002, 07:59 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
... Please respond. What kind of dose of biotin and when should I take it? 30 minutes before carb-up meal like the rest of the supplements?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 06:55 AM
MS, biotin is biotin. It doesn't have a number, although it is sometimes referred to as vitamin H.

It's not cheap, but then again it's not as expensive as ALA.

And there isn't an optimal dosage for it either, and there is no RDA but i believe the "Recomended dose" for the average adult is ~30mcg.

I personally take a 1mg tab straight after training when i get home, along with some chromium and vitamin C.

btw, as i said before, it competes with ALA for absorbtion, so taking it with ALA would be pointless. I suggest you take it a bit earlier in the day, or at least space it out along with the ALA and take each of them at intervals.

EDIT: actually Mike, you may have a biotin deficiency, and this may be the reason that your muscles are always sore. This may be as a result of ALA supplementation.

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 07:25 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Damn bro you are talking about things that I had no idea about. Thanks for the info bro. I had no idea that ALA and biotin didnt go together. So you would suggest I take my biotin earlier in the day? Only on carb-up days or on regular low-carb days also? And how long before my carb-up meal should I supplement with biotin to get the most out of it. I still want to include my ALA in my pre carb-up meal supplement regimen but I would really like to add the biotin. 1 mg.? Is that the optimal dosage? I think there is more than 1 mg. in my multi-vitamin/mineral bro.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 07:34 AM
check your multi vit again - it'll prolly be in ug's or mcg's.

If you decide to take biotin, there's nothing stopping you taking it every day, and i think just as long as you're taking it, it doesn;t really matter what time of the day you take it. It's function isn;t the same as ALA's as such. Think of it like this:

ALA will 'pick the carbs up from the airport and chauffuer them home while biotin will make the house all neat for them' (increasing insulin sensitivity)

haha i love analogies...

usually i don;t push people to try supps, but i'd be curious to see if taking biotin does actually help ease muscle soreness.

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 07:39 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Funny analogy haha but I completely understand what youre saying bro. So would adding supplemental biotin first thing in the morning be a good idea? Or should I take it at lunch time? Or should I take in 2-3x per day? Also youre recommending 1 mg. of biotin? Would more be more beneficial? I am assuming that youre just basing this on personal experience correct?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2002, 07:54 AM
Unfortunatly that's all i can say as far as dosages are concerned because i'm not exactly sure.

I've seen a couple of supplements (mixed ones with various compounds in them) where there is up to 3000mcg.

i don't see the need to take it x3 a day.

once will be fine, and remember that it's also present in certain foods.

I'm not sure whether there'd be much difference, if any, between taking 1mg and 3mg. My apologies for this.

why don;t you look at the dosages of the supps you can actually get a hold of and base it on that eg if you can get 1mg tabs then go for it. if 3mg tabs is all you can find then it'll have to do etc...

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 07:56 AM
15-Month Anniversary With Brittany... my cute adorable sweetheart. I better stop before I really go off about how perfect she is.

:angel::angel: ...

Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- Atkin's choclate bar + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + tuna salad + cheesestick
M3- Myoplex low-carb bar
M5- 10 oz. sirloin steak + veggies + unsweetened iced tea
Overall Comments.
Feel okay today for the most part. Little tired. But nothing that's all that big of a deal. Preworkout today I weighed 207 lbs. Around the same that I have been weighing for a while now. Been hovering right around 207 lbs. Not really sure what the problem is. Hopefully this will drop soon. Plateaus really get on nerves. :mad::mad: Thinking about actually maybe increasing the number of carbs in the carb-up meal. I have heard 500-700g is much more beneficial than 250-350g... damnit!

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all. Feel good.

Sleep.
8 hours of sleep last night. Slept really well too. Didnt wake up at all. Hopefully this will really help make my workout top-notch today.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Thinking about adding some biotin first thing the morning to help with insulin sensetivity. Well see though.

Training. Workout A5.
Leg Presses 575x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 600x15
Seated Leg Curls 200x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 62.5x15
Curl-grip Pulldowns 145x15
Dips +30x15
Bentover T-bar Rows 150x15
Seated Behind-neck Presses 110x15
Standing Barbell Curls 75x15
Lying Barbell Ext. 75x15
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 105x15
Cable Crunches 145x15
... I decided to drop all of my 2-set exercises down to just one single set. Two sets felt okay at first but I decided to drop it down to one set. For a few reasons.. the main one being that it was getting difficult to get close to my 15RM because I was coming close to failure on my second sets, rather than my first. And then it started to depend on my rest periods etc. Going to make sure that my workout Friday, is my 15RM for each exercise. Depending on how each exercise feels today, I may not have to raise the weight much for each exercise. :cool::cool:

Training Comments.
Workout went well today I guess. Dropped down to just one set on everything though. I really didnt like training with just one set. I am not sure why. I guess I got used to the pump and all that from 2 sets and then when I moved to just one it was basically just a shock. Oh well its not a big deal. Anyway for Friday's 15RM I am going to have to add some weight to every exercise. Leg presses were good today but I can handle around 25 more pounds. Calf raises were a good burn too but I can handle around 10 more pounds on them also.. Leg curls were a good burn, but I can get 20 lbs. more for Friday. Flat DB presses were good too, I can handle the 67.5s or the 70s for my 15RM. Pulldowns were definitely tough! Damn I almost thought that 145 was going to be my failure weight. Going to up it 5 lbs. for Friday. Dips werent bad either. Going to up it 15 lbs. for Friday. I think that I will be fine with BW + 45 lbs. Bentover t-bar rows went well I guess. Good contractions. Thought that 150 was my failure weight on them! Jeez.. going to up it to 155 for Friday. BTN presses actually werent too bad. I thought that theyd be worse than they were. Going to up it 115 for Friday's workout. BB curls werent bad at all. 15RM will probably be 80-82.5 lbs. Same goes for lying ext. Both were tough but I can handle a little more weight. Wrist curls went well. Good burn. Really came close to my failure weight with wrist curls too. First 10 reps or so I went extremely slow to really feel it and then the last 5 or whatever were impossible! :eek::eek: Cable crunches went well. Good contractions, upping it around 10 lbs. for my 15RM. Realized today how light the weights really were. Especially since I lowered everything to just one set!

Training Length.
Workout lasted around 45 minutes.

Water.
Good amount of water today. Need to take in more though..

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 07:57 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Dont worry about it bro. That is probably what I am going to do. Look at what kind of dosages they have and decide how much I will supplement with it. I will probably just take my biotin first think in the morning with my multi and my vitamin C etc.

Hot Shot
02-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Hey!monstar I'm really interest about trying your diet if you don't mind helping me!Do you have a guideline or just eat whatever that doesn't contain carbs?Thanks in advance

aeckhardt
02-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Do a search for NHE. You will get tons of results.

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 04:50 PM
Hot Shot-
Bro theres a thread in the Diet Board called "Natural Horomonal Enhancement." Check it out. Also my first few posts here give a link to my first NHE journal, and also I have a description of NHE. You can also purchase NHE from www.bodybuilding.com if you like. Great book, excellent read, and an incredible diet as you can see. The results speak for themselves.

Good luck bro.

irish mike
02-21-2002, 12:49 AM
Have you read Atkins book??Anyone doing low carb should read it.It's only 8 bucks and as far as diets go this guy knows his sh*t.I'm not suggesting you follow his plan but there's alot of good info regardless.It also has some good low carb recipes.He also has a chapter that deals with supplements for low carb diets.

aeckhardt
02-21-2002, 08:07 AM
irish mike, Atkins has some good stuff, but NHE and CKD are better in terms of low carb for bodybuilders. Atkins wouldn't suit someone who is actually active.

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 09:23 AM
irish mike-
Yeah I have read Atkin's and a few other books similar. Like aeckhardt said Atkin's isnt ideal for someone who trains intensely etc. Carb-ups are what is needed to make a low-carb ketogenic diet like that work. Something like a TKD or a CKD would do fine I personally think.

aeckhardt-
Agreed. Atkin's wouldnt be ideal.

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- hamburger patty + little Ceasar dressing + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
M2- green salad + cheese + Ranch dressing + grilled chicken
M3- Myoplex low-carb bar
M4- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Overall Comments.
Dont feel too good today. Really need to get my sleep tonight and thats for damn sure! I feel like tired and kind of grumpy. And I am cold and hot throughout the day. Feel kinda flabby too. Need to really focus on my sleep and recuperation more especially for this type of program. :mad::mad: Looking forward to my carb-up meal tomorrow night though...

Pain/Soreness.
Delt are a little bit sore I guess. Nothing major at all. I think my body is starting to adjust to HST.

Sleep.
I am not really sure how much sleep I even got. It was so godd*mn interupted - I dont think how much sleep I got is even important. I probably got a good 9-10 hours, but I woke up probably 10 times! tuttuttuttut I dont know what my problem is. Hopefully this wont effect me too badly.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Adipokinetix + 2 Energel 2x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Missed one dosage of Adipokinetix + epehdra (Energel) but oh well. Not too big of a deal I dont think.

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Good amount today, kind of want to be taking in more though.

irish mike
02-21-2002, 01:44 PM
yeah i know its not suited for bodybuilders.i just finished a CKD now i'm doing the abcde diet(an excuse to pig out one more time before summer)i just read Atkins and thought it had alot of good info.actually the post about biotin is what made me think of Atkins.he refers to a study where diabetics recieved benefits from biotin at a dose 100x the RDA.he doesn't go into alot of detail but states biotin is important to metabolism

aeckhardt
02-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Have you ever tried the abcde diet because frommy own personal experience and others, it sucks.

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 06:03 PM
irish mike-
What kind of dose does Atkin's talk about for biotin? I am going to grab some tomorrow I think but I cant decide what kind of dosage to get it in.. anyway good like with ABCDE.

aeckhardt-
Agreed bro. ABCDE Diet basically sucks.. I mean I personally couldnt even get through the ~1500 calorie cutting days.

MonStar1023
02-22-2002, 05:08 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Yo I just checked my multi-vitamin that I take twice daliy, and it contains 30 mcg. of biotin (as d-biotin). Is this enough? Or were you saying to supplement with milligrams?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-22-2002, 08:06 AM
mg.

MonStar1023
02-22-2002, 07:35 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
I just got my biotin and it was really really cheap. Like $5 for 100 capsules or something like that. Each serving is 300 mcg. I am not sure if this is enough or not. But this was what all of the different brands of biotin was in, 300 mcg. So I am assuming this is the correct amount.

Should I just take 300 mg. with my supplements first thing in the morning?

... I was also wondering bro are you going to come out with a WBB article on biotin? That could be very interesting.

MonStar1023
02-22-2002, 08:16 PM
I have added another supplement, to my PRE carb-up meal supplement regimen. Hehe.

2 Gluco Tech (Body Tech)
90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa extract (Glucosol)
10 mg. d-pinitol
250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, alpha lipoic acid, phosphatidyl serine, chromium)

Not much different than anything else. Just figured I would add it for the hell of it.

MonStar1023
02-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- Myoplex low-carb bar
M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + cheese + grilled chicken
M3- Atkin's choclate bar
Carb-up Meal 1- pasta + Ragu sauce + low-fat ice-cream + 32 oz. Gatorade + low-fat coffee cake
Carb-up Meal 2- oatmeal + skim milk + brown sugar
Carb-up Meal 1 came out to..
1400 calories, 30g protein, 275g carbs, 15g fat

Carb-up Meal 2 came to..
500 calories, 20g protein, 90g carbs, 5g fat

... The total carb intake for both meals was around 350-360g. Thats okay I guess. I really kept my fat down though which was really good for me. Ice-cream wasnt as tasty though.. hehe oh well.

Overall Comments.
Feel really good today. I am not tired at all which is because of my solid 8 hours of sleep I think. Really just feel great. Looking forward to my carb-up meal tonight! Preworkout today I weighed 205 lbs. :thumbup::thumbup: As long as my weight continues to decrease a pound every workout

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all.

Sleep.
8 hours of sleep last night. Slept really well too. Great sleep, felt good today.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Adipokinetix + 2 Energel 2x today
1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 250 mg. magnesium + 2g d-ribose + 3 V2G + 2 Gluco Tech + 2 Insulene before carb-up meal 1
Sleep Formula before bed
... Added Body Tech's Gluco Tech, there is a description of the ingredients etc. in the post above this one. Anyway going to add 300 mcg. biotin a few times a day to help with insulin sensetivity.

Training. Workout A6.
Leg Presses 600x15
Leg Press Calf-raises 610x15
Seated Leg Curls 220x15
Flat Dumbbell Presses 70x15
Curl-grip Pulldowns 150x15
Dips +45x15
Bentover T-bar Rows 155x15
Seated Behind-neck Presses 115x15
Standing Barbell Curls 82.5x15
Lying Barbell Ext. 82.5x15
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 115x15
Cable Crunches 150x15
Training Comments.
Workout went well today I think. Did all of my 15RM for each exercise. The problem was that I dont think I went ALL the way to failure on every exercise. Okay.. leg presses I might have been able to handle a little more weight I am not sure. I mean nothing more than 5-10 lbs. I dont think. Oh well. Calf raises I DEFINITELY hit failure with them holy sh*t. What a burn! Leg curls might have been able to handle some more weight with them too. Oh well. Flat DBs... I dont know. I mean 15 was tough, really tough. But I am not sure if I could have gotten 72.5s or even the 75s if I really really wanted to. Who knows. Curl-grip pulldowns were EXCELLENT. Great exercise, great contractions, good set. Dips went well. Damn I love them things! Hammered the sh*t outta my pecs. Really hit failure with them I think. Bentover t-bar.. I defintely think I hit failure with them. BTN presses I am not 100% sure. I mean it was a good set and the 14th and 15th reps I was extremely close to yelling for a spotter but I got them okay. BB curls went well. I think I hit failure with them. Good burn in my biceps. Felt great. Lying ext. also went really well. Really focused hard and really worked on getting good contractions in my triceps. BB wrist curls also went really really well.. As you all know forearms are my passion. Well DAMN did I get a good set with 115. Good slow reps really feeling the burn and getting a full ROM. Anyway cable crunches went well too. Hammered my abs. Great burn. :cool::cool:

... Looking forward to the 10-rep and 5-rep weeks now!

Training Length.
Workout lasted around 50 minutes.

Water.
Good amount today. Took in around 32 oz. after my first carb-up meal and maybe 16-20 oz. after my second carb-up meal.

aeckhardt
02-22-2002, 11:52 PM
Hitting failure is not needed for HST.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 06:48 AM
aeckhardt-
Hehe bro I am at my last 15-rep workout, this workout is intended to be failure. This is the only workout over the course of 2 weeks that IS supposed to be failure man. At least thats what I read over at www.thinkmuscle.com.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2002, 07:05 AM
300mg?! do you mean 300mcg?

shoot for around 1-3mg.

Cool about it being cheap too.

I have articles written and coming out every month from now until June i think it is, so once the article is done it'll be out around that time.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 07:07 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Okay bro looking forward to seeing your new articles once they come out. Especially the one on biotin. I am hoping that this addition of biotin will really help me out.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:00 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- scrambled eggs + Ranch dressing
M2- few slices of italian sausage + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M3- frozen steak + 1 tbsp. mayo
M4- green salad + cheese + olives + tuna salad
M5- bag of mixed nuts
M6- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
M7- italian sausage + 3 hot wings
... Damn little too many meals today hehe. Guess I was just hungry who knows. Damn that italian sausage and hot wings was SOOOO GOOD! Cant wait to eat it again tomorrow. :p:p

Overall Comments.
Feel good today so far. Dont feel fat at all and thats good considering I took in 350g carbs and over 1900 calories last night between both meals. Going to drop the bodybuilding.com bullsh*t and switch my order over to dpsnutrition.com. I have ordered from DPS before and theyre much quicker and much more reliable than bodybuilding.com is.

Pain/Soreness.
Rotator cuffs are killing me! Damn theyre really hurting badly. Especially my left one. Not really sure why. :(:(

Sleep.
9 hours of deep, restful, sleep last night. Really needed it too. Felt good when I woke up. :cool::cool:

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Added 300 mcg. biotin 3x a day to my supplements. Taking it once with meals to help with insulin sensetivity.

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Okay amount today. Felt kinda thirsty a few times too many today though. tuttuttuttut

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2002, 09:07 AM
Just don't expect miracles from it...

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:12 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Hehe I know bro. I am just hoping that Ill notice SOME difference thats all. Its all good.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2002, 09:15 AM
With all the supplements you take i'm not sure that you'll be able to judge if there is a difference...

oh, btw, i know you do anyway, but keep tabs on soreness while you're using the stuff. Thanks man.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:17 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Oh yeah okay I forgot about that aspect of biotin. Ill do that bro. Thanks for reminding me. In what way does it decrease muscular soreness? I thought it had to do with insulin sensetivity..

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2002, 09:20 AM
I dunno if it does. But your constant muscle soreness and tiredness may be due to a biotin deficiency from continual ALA use.

I'm hoping that by taking extra biotin you may ease muscle soreness and any fatigue.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:27 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Oh okay man I understand what youre saying. Thanks for helping me out. Well see how things go.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2002, 09:48 AM
are you only taking 300mcg once a day?

It'll prolly be better if you shoot for 1-3mg a day. I'm not saying take 10 tabs a day - about 3 ought to do it. Spread them out troughout the day.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:50 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Okay bro I am going to switch it do 300 mcg. biotin 3x a day. Thanks bro.

aeckhardt
02-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey MS, have you noticed that you have been getting nightmares lately? Supposedely melatonin does that to you. And I just started taking the GNC Sleep Formula and have been getting some nightmares.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 09:57 PM
aeckhardt-
I dont know if I have been getting nightmares but I have been getting some WHACKED out dreams. Like crazy sh*t. Almost always has something to do with my girlfriend. Me and her are usually in some crazy a*s situation etc. etc. Oh well hehe sometimes its kinda funny when I tell her about it. Gives you kind of a hangover effect doesnt it?

... Like the new style of my journal entries? I had to go through and change them all. I think its easier for people to read now, dont you?

aeckhardt
02-24-2002, 02:26 AM
How do you do forms?

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 06:47 AM
aeckhardt-
It takes forever bro just keep fiddling with your posts and youll figure it out. It puts a ton of spaces in between things etc. Its kind of annoying but I think (1) it looks a lot better and (2) its easier for people to view ya know?

aeckhardt
02-24-2002, 09:07 AM
Yeah but is there some link specifically for forms?

Hey, I have a friend that just emailed me asking for my advice on the ECA type product that would provide the biggest energy rush. I've tried a bunch, but you have tried some that I haven't so I was wondering what your opinion on the best one was. I'm looking for energy not fat loss.

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 10:06 AM
aeckhardt-
Yeah bro there is a button, but it puts you through all these steps. I just had to mess around with it a bit. The button is next to the colors or whatever its called "list" I think. For straight-up energy bro I would go with a product by AST Sports called Dymetadrine Xtreme.. damn that sh*t makes you go nuts! Works well though pop 2 around 30 minutes before your workout. The supplement I am going to start this Tuesday or Wednesday is supposed to be a good energy supplement too. Ill keep ya posted.

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 10:19 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- 4 hot wings + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + few slices pepperoni
M2- few pieces of cheese
M3- italian sausage
M4- green salad + cheese + Ceasar dressing
M5- grilled chicken breast + steamed veggies
M6- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
... Jeez do I love those hot wings! Wow I am going to be eating those for a while hehe they dont even taste like diet food! :p:p

Overall Comments.
Feel good today. I was a little tired when I woke up but after popping 2 Xenadrine I feel fine. Looking forward to my Clenbutrx coming in Monday or Tuesday this week. :eek::eek: Over 2000 Views already!? This journal is only 2 weeks old haha. Not really sure what the hell my problem is, and it easily could be in my head, but for some odd reason I feel EXTREMELY fat today! I dont get it. I mean I carbed-up 2 days ago. I usually dont feel this way. :mad::mad: Felt okay though the rest of the night. REALLY looking forward to tomorrow. Looking forward to my workout in the 10-rep range, looking forward to spending time with my girlfriend, like I do everyday, looking forward to my carb-up meal! ;);)

... I decided to shave/trim my bodyhair today. I usually shave my biceps. But I decided to shave everywhere else. I shaved from the waist up with a 1/8" blade and from the waist down with a 1/4" blade. That way it doesnt look like a shave my legs! My forearms are almost hairless and my chest and abs are almost completely hairless anyway. Going to shave probably every 2 weeks. So not this coming Sunday but next Sunday I will trim everything again. I am hoping that this will be enough frequency etc. Hairless looks a LOT better in my opinion. My forearms and arms look 100% better, so do my legs wow. My calves look very ripped. :thumbup::thumbup:

Pain/Soreness.
Not really that sore today. Left rotator cuff still kinda aching but nothing too big of a deal.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Need to seriously be sure to get 7+ hours no matter what. 7+ hours of sound and restful sleep. Not any of this interupted bullsh*t.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Going to be switching up my Xenadrine and my Adipo + ephedra sometime this week for Liquid Clenbutrx. Ill be taking the Clenbutrx for around 6-7 weeks. Hopefully with some good results.

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount today I think. Felt good about how much water I took in today which is pretty unusual.

MonStar1023
02-25-2002, 06:43 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- 4 hot wings + few slices pepperoni + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- Atkin's choclate bar
M3- low-carb protein snack + low-carb choclate
Carb-up Meal 1- pasta + Ragu sauce + low-fat coffee cake + low-fat ice-cream + 32 oz. Gatorade
Carb-up Meal 1 ended up being..
1250 calories, 30g protien, 250g carbs, 15g fat

... F*cking a*s. :mad::mad: I just realized that I have been inaccurate with my ice-cream measurement. I was measuring my ice-cream with the food scale rather than with a measuring cup. A 1/2 cup of ice-cream is 4 oz. so I was just measuring the weight of the ice-cream rather than that quantity. I apologize if that makes no sense. In other words I was measuring ice-cream like it was a solid like pasta, etc. A serving size for ice-cream is a 1/2 cup, not 4 oz., even though theyre equilivant theyre not equal.

Carb-up Meal 2 came out to..
500 calories, 20g protein, 90g carbs, 5g fat

... Damn I felt SO bloated when I drank my water after my first carb-up meal tonight. I dont know my stomach was so stuck out and just ehh. :drooling::drooling:

Overall Comments.
Looking forward to my workout today. Slept well last night and feel really good about my workout. I have all my 10-rep weeks weight layed out for each workout so hopefully things will go as planned. Preworkout I weighed 204.5 lbs. I was pretty happy even though its only down .5 lbs. from my last weigh-in. Oh well I just want to continue losing weight gradually over the course of the next few months. Tomorrow afternoon I should have my hands on VPX Liquid Clenbutrx and supposedly that cuts you up like crazy. So that should help me out I think. I know there are no miracle supplements but I think I am going to have a very positive effect with this.

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all.

Sleep.
8 hours of sleep last night. Slept well too. Feel really good today and really looking forward to a great workout.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mg. biotin 3x today
2 Xenadrine 3x today
1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 250 mg. magnesium + 2g d-ribose + 3 V2G + 2 Gluco Tech + 2 Insulene before carb-up meal 1
Sleep Formula before bed
... Really looking forward to my VPX Sports product coming in the mail either tomorrow or the next day. Want to start it ASAP after all of the good things that I have heard about it. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I get so worked up over nothing at all.

Training. Workout B1.
Leg Presses 665x10
Leg Press Calf-raises 710x10
Seated Leg Curls 230x10
Flat Dumbbell Presses 70x10
Curl-grip Chins +0x10
Dips +50x10
Bentover T-bar Rows 150x10
Seated Behind-neck Presses 125x10
Standing Barbell Curls 85x10
Lying Barbell Ext. 85x10
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 120x10
Cable Crunches 155x10
Training Comments.
Workout went well today. Really like the 10-rep range a lot better than that stupid 15-rep range. Started off with leg presses. Leg presses really f*cked up my lower body completely. My 10RM I figured would be around 750 lbs. So I just back tracked from there. Anyway calf raises went well. Good burn and a great stretch in my calves. Good set. Leg curls went well I guess. Nothing too spectacular. Really tried hard to flex my hams hard after each contraction. Flat DBs went well too. 70 lbs. was pretty light for me but I really concentrated hard on each rep and forced my pecs to really contract after every single rep. Curl-grip chins were GREAT. Pretty hard though but that was good. I mean I really could get a good contraction with every single repetition. Only going to add 2.5-5 lbs. every workout. I can tell these are going to be a struggle. Weighted dips went really really well. Hammered my pecs. Kept form really well too. I made sure to lean over and flare my elbows outwards to really put all of the stress on my pecs. T-bar rows were a GREAT set! Great contractions, good weight, good everything. Excellent. BTN presses went well too. I honestly think that maybe I estimated my 10RM too high. I figured my BTN press 10RM would be 150 lbs. And it might be closer to 140-145 lbs. I guess well have to wait and see. Good set though. Nice contractions. BB curls were good. My estimated 10RM for these is 110 lbs.! :eek::eek: I REALLY have a feeling that this is too high. 95 lbs. is actually really high in my personal opinion. Going to add 5 lbs. every workout until it becomes way too much and Ill have to start adding 2.5 after that. Lying ext. was a good set too though. Good contractions and everything like that. Everything to do with them went well. Wrist curls went well. Heavy set of wrist curls in my opinion. Had to struggle a little to get 10 solid reps. Good burn though. :cool::cool: Cable crunches were good. Excellent contractions, good burn, nice ab workout. Loved them.

Training Length.
Workout today was brief! Only lasted around 35 minutes.

Water.
Okay amount today. 32 oz. water after my first carb-up meal. Sipped on water during my second carb-up meal. :thumbup::thumbup:

irish mike
02-25-2002, 08:04 AM
sorry i didnt get back to you about the dosage for biotin earlier.atkins doesnt recommend a certain dosage. i only take one with my creatine after workout 800mcg. its like 250%rda.about the soreness, i didnt know it was a side effect but i just spent three days walking around like i had something up my ass after doing my leg routine.i didnt know what was going on.i just started taking biotin last week.thats the only thing that changed it had to be the cause.

irish mike
02-25-2002, 08:17 AM
i just read through the thread.so c daddy youre saying biotin will help with muscle soreness.ala might be the cause.i started taking cell tech creatine and it has 200mg of ala instead of the 100mg in twin labs but ive only been supplementing with biotin for about a week and thats been at the same time as ala so maybe thats why it hasnt helped me yet.and Monstar congratulations on staying with NHE for so long(long for me).

MonStar1023
02-25-2002, 07:09 PM
irish mike-
Yeah I just started biotin supplementation a few days ago. Not sure about it yet. Lately with HST I havnt been getting too sore so I am not sure how I will notice the effects of biotin. Well see Ill be posting my feelings in my training journal in Overall Comments so check it out the next few weeks. Yeah thanks bro for the compliment. I am proud of myself for sticking to NHE for this long. I mean it has been a long time for me. Thanks for the reply.

Fart Barker
02-25-2002, 07:14 PM
dammit man, your journal is looking good

I'm gonna have to read it this weekend when I've got some time.

MonStar1023
02-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Fart Barker-
Thanks bro I am really trying to keep this one even more detailed and more organized that my other NHE journal. I have also incorporated HST which has worked well for me so far. So its all good. Look forward to having you read it and maybe give me some advice, tips, etc. Thanks bro.

MonStar1023
02-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Those of you who keep up with my journal know that I alternate weeks of taking 2 of Cytodyne's Xenadrine 3x per day with a week of taking 1 of Syntrax's Adipokinetix + ephedra 3x per day. I have decided to switch things up for the next 6-7 weeks or so. This Wednesday, or Thursday I am going to start a product called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports. I will be taking 5cc twice per day. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Here is a brief list of the ingredients per serving.

4cc Liquid Clenbutrx Contains...
Thermogenic/Nuerogenic Blend:
MaHaung Extract (Standardized at 8%)
Citrus Aurantium Extract (Standardized for 10% Synephrine)
Guarana (Standardize for 22% Caffeine)
White Willow Extract
L-Tyrosine
Bioperine
Proprietary Thyrogenic, Insulinogenic and Ant-Estrogenic Blend:
Methoxivone (5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-isoflavone)
Guggulsterones (E & Z) (Standarized at 10%)
Ipriflavone (7-Isopropoxy Isoflavone)
Phenylpropanolomine
Yohimbe Extract (Standardize at 8%)
Bis-Glycina

... Hopefully I will see some really good results with this product and even though from what I understand it tastes like sh*t, the results should be promising. Just trying to keep you all informed on the latest!

Qea
02-25-2002, 08:53 PM
damn bro

you one hella chemical guinea pig!

:eek:

Blood&Iron
02-25-2002, 09:10 PM
Phenylpropanolomine? I thought the FDA had banned this.

Marcel
02-25-2002, 11:03 PM
what is that shiat? why did they ban it?

MS - good job bro! nice journal layout too. :cool:

MonStar1023
02-26-2002, 05:02 AM
Qea-
Hehe I just like to try new products and new things and really try to make the most of my diet and training. I know it sounds like an excuse to take a ton of supplements but thats seriously my only reasoning for doing it. I mean honestly I am not trying to beome some kind of drug addict or anything like that.

Blood&Iron-
Phenylpropanolomine was banned by the FDA? Why I wonder? What effect does it have on your body? Please help me out with some info bro thanks for telling me.

Marcel-
Yeah I am wondering the same thing. Thats nice some product coming in the mail today that was for some reason banned by the FDA. Thats all I need.

irish mike
02-26-2002, 07:04 AM
phenylpropanalomine was causing hermorrhagic stroke.how are they selling it??are they calling it a herbal supp??

Blood&Iron
02-26-2002, 08:26 AM

Blood&Iron-
Phenylpropanolomine was banned by the FDA? Why I wonder? What effect does it have on your body? Please help me out with some info bro thanks for telling me.

Marcel-
Yeah I am wondering the same thing. Thats nice some product coming in the mail today that was for some reason banned by the FDA. Thats all I need.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just for your info, it was the main ingredient in Dexatrim and several other diet products. There was no convincing evidence that it should have been banned, but that didn't stop the FDA. They also want to ban ephedra because it's "dangerous."(HA) So take it for what it's worth. If you're curious do a search on the web. It'll probably bring up quite a bit more info. Norephedrine is very similar to PPA.

MonStar1023
02-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Blood&Iron-
Oh okay thanks for the info bro. I just took a 4cc serving of Liquid Clenbutrx and damn they werent kidding about the taste! Tastes like cinnamon a*shole! Anyway I took a full 4cc shot of it for 2 minutes under my tongue and I didnt shake or do anything like that at all. So I guess its not as strong as everyone makes it out to be. Oh well. Well see what happens Ill keep things posted in my journal.

Blood&Iron
02-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Blood&Iron-
Oh okay thanks for the info bro. I just took a 4cc serving of Liquid Clenbutrx and damn they werent kidding about the taste! Tastes like cinnamon a*shole! Anyway I took a full 4cc shot of it for 2 minutes under my tongue and I didnt shake or do anything like that at all. So I guess its not as strong as everyone makes it out to be. Oh well. Well see what happens Ill keep things posted in my journal.

Well it really gave me a good kick in the ass when I tried it. This also happens if I take Adipo and ephedra together(Yohimbine+ephedra is generally a bad idea, but it's got quite a kick.) How long have you been using Xenadrine and Adipo without a break? You're beta-receptors might be completely fried. Plus you've been combining yohimbine and ephedra previous to this, so you're used to the combination as well.

MonStar1023
02-26-2002, 01:47 PM
Cardio.

... Hate f*cking cardio so damn much.

Diet.
M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + grilled chicken + cheese
M3- Atkin's choclate bar
M4- Italian sausage + cheese
M5- Atkin's choclate bar
M6- mixed nuts
Overall Comments.
Feel kind of fat today I am not sure why. Oh well not too big of a deal. Received VPX's Liquid Clenbutrx in the mail today. Which was good I guess. Looking forward to seeing what kind of results I am going to get with it. :D:D Felt extremely BLOATED after around 2-3 PM. I am not sure why. After around 2-3 PM until I fell asleep I was so bloated. I took Mylanta Gas 2-3x and I still felt extremely bloated. :mad::mad: Need to really get rid of this bloated feeling asap I am so sick of it.

Pain/Soreness.
Back is actually sore along with my delts. Nothing too major but delts usually arent sore. :cool::cool:

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept well though which is good for me. Felt good today.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
2 Xenadrine 2x today
5cc Liquid Clenbutrx 1x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Added VPX Sports Liquid Clenbutrx instead of Xenadrine/Adipokinetix. Going to be taking 4cc twice a day for the next 6-7 weeks or so. Just got it in today so I took it in the afternoon. The bottle says not to exceed 4cc in one serving but I am going to go with 5cc. Just for the record this stuff does seriously taste like cinnamon a*shole.. for around 3 hours after you take the damn stuff.

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount today. Need to keep it up. :cool::cool:

MonStar1023
02-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Blood&Iron-
Yeah I know exactly what youre saying bro. I have been on ephedra-based products for a long time now. I should take a break for a few weeks and I probably will after I am done with the Liquid Clenbutrx. Anyway bro I am hoping that I will see some excellent results with this product.

... By the way when you took it did you just place 4cc of the sh*t under your tongue for 2 minutes? Because the bottle says to put it in your mouth in the "mucosa tissue that lines your mouth" and when I called VPX Sports the guy said to just swallow it. I need some help with these kinda products never taken a product like this before.

Blood&Iron
02-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Blood&Iron-
Yeah I know exactly what youre saying bro. I have been on ephedra-based products for a long time now. I should take a break for a few weeks and I probably will after I am done with the Liquid Clenbutrx. Anyway bro I am hoping that I will see some excellent results with this product.

... By the way when you took it did you just place 4cc of the sh*t under your tongue for 2 minutes? Because the bottle says to put it in your mouth in the "mucosa tissue that lines your mouth" and when I called VPX Sports the guy said to just swallow it. I need some help with these kinda products never taken a product like this before.
The mucosa is just the tissue lining your mouth. I just swished it around in my mouth transferring from my cheeks to under my lips to under my tongue, and was just watching the seconds tick by so I could swallow the nasty stuff. I'm not sure this does jack sh*t but I'm a 'follow the directions/rules' kinda guy--no matter how dumb they might be.

I used 5cc 'cause that's what in the silly single serving plastic syringes that came with my VPX MRPs.

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 04:37 AM
Blood&Iron-
Okay thanks bro. Appreciate it. I am going to go with 5cc for twice per day for around 6 weeks and see how things go. I am hoping that I am going to get some really really good results with this stuff. Ill keep you posted bro. Tastes like sh*t though!

:eek::eek:

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 04:44 AM
Blood&Iron-
Also bro I am just going to swish it under my tongue and under my lips and everything like that. Sh*tty taste lemme tell ya! I hope this stuff works though because I heard so much about it and it was all good stuff.

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 06:14 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- 4 hot wings + few slices pepperoni + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- tuna salad
M3- green salad + Ranch dressing
M4- Atkin's choclate bar
M5- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M6- Atkin's choclate bar
M7- Italian sausage + cheese
... Damn those Atkin's "Endulge" bars I think theyre called are excellent! So tasty and delicious really kills my cravings for Hershey's bars and Crunch bars. The only problem is that they contain 11g of maltitol. Which is some kind of sugar alcohol that doesnt raise your blood sugar or something along those lines. Hot wings taste good as hell too, along with Italian sausage! :p:p

Overall Comments.
Feel good today for the most part. Trying to get used to the taste of my Liquid Clenbutrx. Hopefully everything will work very well with the addition of this new supplement. Well see how things go I guess. I dont really notice much of a difference when it comes to energy afterwards etc. Today preworkout weighed-in at 203.5 lbs. Glad to continue dropping weight. Damn I thought I was going to weigh a LOT more than that after my bloated feeling yesterday. Damn I felt like such a cow yesterday today's weigh-in was such a relief. Anyway diet going well, same with training and supplements. Really at this point just trying to keep things up. Kinda hard to believe that I am 33 lbs. down from what I was when I started NHE. I know weight doesnt mean all that much but still thats a really big loss of weight. I havnt had that many comments considering. I think I covered it up well hehe. :cool::cool:

Pain/Soreness.
Back is a little bit sore today. Feel good though.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept well. Hopefully my workout today will be excellent.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mg. biotin 3x today
5cc Liquid Clenbutrx 2x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Liquid Clenbutrx is supposed to be an excellent fat-burner, but it tastes TERRIBLE. :eek::eek: Trying to just suck it up and deal. This morning I took in before I ate to try and defeat the horrible aftertaste.

Training. Workout B2.
Leg Presses 680x10
Leg Press Calf-raises 725x10
Seated Leg Curls 240x10
Flat Dumbbell Presses 75x10
Curl-grip Chins +5x10
Dips +55x10
Bentover T-bar Rows 160x10
Seated Behind-neck Presses 130x10
Standing Barbell Curls 90x10
Lying Barbell Ext. 90x10
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 125x10
Cable Crunches 160x10
Training Comments.
Workout was good today. Very INTENSE damn. Must have been that Liquid Clenbutrx I took 15 minutes before. Because this the most intense HST workout I have had yet. Really went nuts with all of my exercises damn. Leg presses I really got pumped up for. Had my discman blasting and I was just getting extremely into my sets. Really concentrated hard on every exercise. Leg presses hit lower body alltogether very very hard. Hammered my quads and hamstrings along with my glutes all the way. :D:D Calf raises beat up my calves. Not liking the 10-rep range for my calves too much but I oh well. Hopefully the low-reps will shock them. Leg curls went well too. Hit my hams hard with some good contractions. Flat DBs... HAMMERED my pecs. Felt great though. Really hit my pecs hard with some good hard contractions. Great set. My 10RM will most likely be around 80-85s or maybe even the 90s. Well see how things go Friday. Curl-grip chins went well too. Not too confident though in how much more weight I can handle. Going to go for +10 on Friday, then +15 on Monday, but I might cut back after that. My 10RM for these will probably be +20 or +25 depending. Dips went well. Good contractions, hammered my pecs. Bentover t-bar rows killed my midback completely. Some great contractions, excellent set. T-bar rows are probably my best exercise. Form is always flawless, contractions are always incredible, midback always gets sore from them. All around great exercise. ;);) Anyway BTN went well too. Good hard set with some excellent contractions and full reps. Overall weights are starting to feel heavier and heavier and I can feel failure starting to come through unfortunately. BB curls went well. Good set. Good full reps and contracted my biceps hard. Lying ext. were actually kinda easy. Felt good though. Going to try and get my 10RM for BB curls and lying ext. around 110-115 even though thatll be tough for 10 reps. Wrist curls were TOUGH. Damn might have to start dropping the 2.5 lbs. increments. Really struggling to get those 10 reps with perfect form and slow, controlled reps. Cable crunches went well. Good hard contractions, excellent set.

Training Length.
Workout today was extremely brief! Only 30 minutes in length. My rest periods were obviously very short. I think it had to do with my intensity. I just wanted to get right onto the next exercise.

Water.
Took in a good amount today, need more though. Need to get into the habit of carrying a water bottle with me no matter what!

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Blood&Iron-
By the way bro one thing that I forgot to mention was that the Clenbutrx came with a blue cap that youre supposed to screw on the regular bottle. Well by blue cap was crushed.. so I had to improvise and dump all of the Clenbutrx into an air-tight cup with a seal. I am hoping that nothing will go wrong with taking it this way?

Blood&Iron
02-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Blood&Iron-
By the way bro one thing that I forgot to mention was that the Clenbutrx came with a blue cap that youre supposed to screw on the regular bottle. Well by blue cap was crushed.. so I had to improvise and dump all of the Clenbutrx into an air-tight cup with a seal. I am hoping that nothing will go wrong with taking it this way?

If you're asking me I have no idea. Can't see any reason it would cause problems though.

aeckhardt
02-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Oh ****, MS I have a friend who that happened to. The **** went bad becuase of it and he was in the hospital for a couple weeks.

aeckhardt
02-27-2002, 10:02 PM
J/K

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 04:09 AM
Blood&Iron-
Okay bro I didnt think that it would cause any kind of problem but I was just making sure. Damn bottle cap what a piece of sh*t. Oh well. Damn this stuff isnt getting any tastier thats for damn sure.

aeckhardt-
Hehe I was like what, the hospital? Anyway gotta get on the stationery bike..

Franco
02-28-2002, 04:34 AM
Hey Mike,

Just out of interest how much has your bf% dropped since starting N.H.E.?

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 05:17 AM
FAngel-
Whatsup bro? I am not too sure what my exact bf% before and after NHE but I had a gut, and my chest was flabby. And now my stomach is relatively hard, and my chest is much more defined. I mean I lost around 33 lbs. so far and my strength hasnt dropped at all. So take from that what you will. Ill post some pics in a month or more maybe to show what great progress I have made.

MarshallPenn
02-28-2002, 08:18 AM
Monstar -

You appear to be doing what I have done for the 15's (which I just finished) which is to estimate your maxes. I think this is not a good idea, b/c you can end up working much harder than you are supposed to on workouts 1-5.

I was completely shagged at the final day of the 15's and missed 2 lifts -- one at 14reps (not so bad) and one at only 12. By calculating ahead of time, you should be guaranteed to meet or exceed you xRM's by the final workout and not burn yourself out in the process. Since I didn't calculate poundages before starting HST, I plan on underestimating on the 10's and 5's so as not to burn out.

On the bright side, I ended up jumping my squats by 20 each workout (instead of 10) and went 50lbs higher than I had previously done for 15reps. Awesome strength gains with this routine!!!

BTW - Our stats are very similar which makes it cool to follow your journal. And, I liked the 15's and will do them again. I gained 2 pounds.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 08:27 AM
MarshallPenn-
Thanks a lot for the reply bro. I know exactly what youre saying about the rep-range too. I did estimate my maxes but I think I was very close with my estimations. I am not sure what Rob recommends but how far away from failure are workouts 1-5 supposed to be? I mean honestly I am not really coming that close to failure on any exercises. I am just slowly adding 2.5-5 lbs. per workout to continue progressing strength wise. I dont think I am burning out simply because I am experiencing no signs of extra fatigue or overtraining at all. I have never felt better about working out to be honest. I look forward to my workout many days in advance, cant wait to get to the gym, etc. I have never in all 6 years working out been so enthusiastic about training before. I am taking this alone as an extremely good thing. HST makes working out so much more fun in my opinion.

... What did you say about your squat strength? You increased my 20 lbs. a workout rather than 10 lbs. you said?

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M2- Atkin's choclate bar
M3- tuna salad + green salad + cheese + olives
M4- Atkin's choclate bar
M5- Carb Solutions bar
M6- Italian sausage
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Woke up and felt good, did my AM cardio and after that I felt fine. Kind of feel depleted today which is expected because of my workout yesterday without my carb-up meal that night. Oh well. Things looking good so far. REALLY looking forward to my carb-up meal tomorrow night. HST workout and then my carb-up meal around an hour or 2 later. :p:p I dont think that I took in too many calories today. Not really sure though. I guess well have to see tomorrow when I weigh-in hehe. Thinking about switching my low-fat ice-cream in my carb-up meal tomorrow night to some kind of sugary candy like Nerds or something like that... ;);) I was checking out the calender and I was hoping to be finishing up my cycle of Liquid Clenbutrx by around early/mid-April. Hopefully everything will workout okay with this new supplement. Looking for some fantastic results. :cool::cool:

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all, feel fine.

Sleep.
8 hours of sleep last night. Slept well. Feel good today. :D:D

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount today, didnt really feel thirsty at all.

MarshallPenn
02-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I did 20lbs a workout instead of 10. So I did 95, 115, 135, 155, 175, 195. (I can't squat super heavy b/c I've had back problems, but considering I never squat over 225, 15@195 is quite good for me.) If my back holds out ok, I'll go over 225 on the 5's.

Yeah, as long as you can keep adding, but I think you're really supposed to be adding 5 at a minimum. (small muscles only) And 10-20 for the bigger ones.

Yeah, I have to agree. The workout is awesome. No more soreness all the time either. I love it.

Hey, are you doing the negatives? If so, how??? Who's supposed to lift the weight for us, and how? Squats? DB Presses? Leg Press? SLDL's? Seems impossible. Pull-ups seem feasible, that's about it though.

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 08:49 AM
Your spotter lifts the weight for you. If you don't have a spotter then do your 5 rep max for the 2 weeks of neg. but don't progress the weight and do negatives in the exercises you can. Also, you don't progress in negatives either, same weight the whole time.

MarshallPenn
02-28-2002, 09:03 AM
How though? No way anyone can push up a leg press. It would take two people to lift any DB's. 2 People on squats, assuming you didn't lose your balance while they lifted. Someone who can curl as much as you etc., etc. Not to mention the workout your spotter/spotters would be getting. It just doesn't seem very realistic.

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 09:24 AM
That is why I planned on only doing negatives for Dips, Pullups, Biceps-use the other hand, triceps-use the other hand. But we will see, maybe I will get my spotter to do all the concentric **** even though yes that would be a workout for them too.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 10:05 AM
Exactly my point!

I had no clue how I was going to do the negatives. I mean I have a few people that I could get to spot me, but not for every single exercise! Theyre not always there the days that I am there first of all. I am just going to go with my 5RM for 2 weeks when I am supposed to be doing negatives and try and really slow down the negative portion of the lift.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 12:31 PM
MarshallPenn / aeckhardt-
Another thing that I was wondering was after I finish the 8-weeks, I obviously am going to want to go through HST again. I believe that Rob suggests to strategically condition your body by taking 10-14 days off of working out alltogether am I right? I am thinking I might take a week off but I couldnt handle 10-14 days. Then start back up with the 10-rep weeks, etc. The program without the 15-rep weeks is just 6-weeks am I correct? How important are the 15-rep weeks?

... Damn 3000 views? This is only my 3rd week in HST!

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Just take off 1 week. It will be 9 days anyway.

The 15's are only important if you are having joint pain.

Hey MS you know the website, why not go on the message board there and read some of the posts just so you get as much info as possible. Plus, pretty soon Haycock will have a website up just for HST with much more info. And he's coming out with a book on it soon too.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 12:58 PM
aeckhardt-
So basically take a week off from training all together and then start back up with the 10 and 5 rep weeks correct?

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 01:15 PM
Yeah, unless your joints hurt. If that is the case then do the 15's.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 01:17 PM
aeckhardt-
Okay thanks bro. Appreciate it.

MarshallPenn
02-28-2002, 01:45 PM
Monstar if end on Friday and you start on a Monday it will be nine days which is what he recommends ("one week").

I'm doing the 15's again. A) Because I definitely put on noticable size and made strength gains. B) Because otherwise, it's just 10, 5, 5. Seems kind of silly that way to me.

I suggested to Bryan a 12,10,8,5 cycle, but he said stick to the program. I think the 12,10,8,5 would work well though, using the same principles and it eould vary things up. Especially if you do 10,10,5,5.

Also, you can skip the deconditioning for 1 cycle, but not more. I got sick last month, so I skipped it since I missed a week. But I will do it after this cycle.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 01:54 PM
MashallPenn-
Whatsup bro? Wow that is interesting, 12,10,8,5 etc. I am not sure why he wouldnt think that was a good idea. Who knows. Anyway okay Ill probably end up taking a week off for the deconditioning and then start back up with the 15-rep weeks. Only because I think that reps with 15 really shock my body and force it into new growth. I usually never train higher than 8-10 reps.

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 02:12 PM
Plus, after being deconditioned the 15's should give even more growth than usually.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 05:00 PM
aeckhardt-
Yeah bro I didnt even think of that at all. That completely makes sense actually. Thanks for pointing that out bro.

aeckhardt
02-28-2002, 05:43 PM
You can send the check to:
Fairy Princes Inc.
Box 1193, Babson College
Babson Park,MA

What's your bf% now?

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 06:39 PM
aeckhardt-
I dont know what my bf% is exactly. I am assuming around 10% or something... hehe sorry bro. I mean I dont have a gut, and I can see my abs very clearly, but I can still pinch fat etc. on my stomach. So basically I am still a fata*s. Trying to lose some fat though ASAP.

... Maybe Ill get my bf% tested in the near future.

MarshallPenn
02-28-2002, 06:54 PM
I posted a question about it at ThinkMuscle. Bryan didn't even seem to have any suggestions. Kind of upsetting, because if the negatives are important, it would be nice to have a clue as to how to do them without hiring 2 personal trainers 3x a week.

MonStar1023
02-28-2002, 07:04 PM
MarshallPenn-
I honestly believe that other people are asking themselves the same questions that you are bro. I mean anyone, most people, that use HST are not going to sit around and hire 2 personal trainers to spot them on every single exercise for 3 days a week for 2 weeks straight ya know? Its absurd. I understand him coming up with the idea that negatives maybe beneficial in regards to maximal hypertrophy and everything like that but its absurd to think that its necessary to have a spotter etc.

MonStar1023
03-01-2002, 05:29 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- Italian sausage + pepperoni
M2- Atkin's choclate bar
M3- few pieces of cheese
M4- Atkin's choclate bar
M5- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Carb-up Meal 1- pasta + Ragu sauce + low-fat coffee cake + low-fat candy + low-fat choclate bar + 32 oz. Gatorade :p:p
Carb-up Meal 2- oatmeal + brown sugar + skim milk
... Damn for my first carb-up meal I ended up eating a big bowl of pasta and Ragu sauce, those brown and white Caramel Creme candies, and a Milky Way Lite. VERY tasty! :cool::cool:

Carb-up Meal 1 ended up coming out to..
1450 calories, 30g protien, 290g carbs, 20g fat

... Damn did I feel bloated after 32 oz. of Gatorade and 32 oz. of water I was about to explode. My stomach was so bloated holy sh*t. :drooling::drooling:

500 calories, 20g protein, 90g carbs, 15g fat

... Around 2000 calories total which is usually pretty consistent when it comes to my carb-up meals. Around 375-400g carbs over the course of both meals. :thumbup::thumbup:

Overall Comments.
Feel good today for the most part. Everything with NHE and HST is going really well I think, along with everything to do with my supplements etc. Cant wait for my HST workout today and my carb-up meal tonight. Preworkout today I weighed 202.5 lbs. Glad to be still decreasing slowly in weight. Really like that my weight has slowly declined over the past few months. Got a few comments today at the gym about looking a lot slimmer. Looking forward to my carb-up meal! Added some nice treats instead of my usual ice-cream...

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all. Feel fine for the most part.

Sleep.
7 hours of sleep last night. Slept well. I usually try to get around 7.5 hours or more but I dont think that this 1/2 hour less will effect me too much. ;);)

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Workout B3.
Leg Presses 700x10
Leg Press Calf-raises 750x10
Seated Leg Curls 250x10
Flat Dumbbell Presses 80x10
Curl-grip Chins +10x10
Dips +60x10
Bentover T-bar Rows 165x10
Seated Behind-neck Presses 135x10
Standing Barbell Curls 95x10
Lying Barbell Ext. 95x10
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 130x10
Cable Crunches 165x10
Training Comments.
Workout today was EXCELLENT! Damn what an overall great workout. Really loved every set of every single exercise. Started off with leg presses. On Wednesday the leg press weight felt heavy like I was coming close to my 10RM but today it felt extremely light! I dont know what happened from 2 days ago but I am not complaining... Calf raises went well. Coming close to my 10RM. Need to make sure I am really really good a full ROM with each rep really contracting my calves as hard as possible. Leg curls went well I guess. Not too heavy. Need maybe 30 lbs. to get near my 10RM. Flat DBs went really really well too. The 80s werent a problem at all. Even though I thought I might have a little bit of a struggle the last 9th or 10th reps. Went well, excellent contractions in my pecs, etc. Curl-grip chins were good too. Really tried hard to contract my lats etc. as much as possible. Its kind of hard though with chins compared to pulldowns. Oh well not too big of a deal. My 10RM for curl-grip chins is probably +25 lbs. I am estimating. Dips went well. Actually nearing my 10RM I think with those. My last few reps are really becoming a struggly unfortunately. My 10RM will be around +75 lbs. T-bar rows were GREAT as usual. Incredible contractions, great form, great exercise. Really conracted my midback and lats hard... Great exercise. BTN presses went really well too. Hammered my delts. Form was good. Coming close to my 10RM though. Estimate it at around 150 lbs. I dont know though because 135 was feeling awfully heavy today. Well see. BB curls were great. Good form, except, my 10th rep. Way too much back and not enough biceps. Kept form perfect until my 10th rep. Thats kind of how I realized how close to my 10RM I really am. Lying ext. were good too. Good contractions, but my 10RM for those is going to be higher then BB curls I imagine. Probably around 120-125 or something along those lines. :D:D Wrist curls went well. Not enough focus though and reps werent slow enough. Going to concentrate on that for Monday's workout. Cable crunches again not enough focus and not hard enough contractions. Went through the motions too much instead of what I should have been doing; concentrating as hard as possible on each rep. tuttuttuttut

Training Length.
Very brief workout today again. 30 minutes long. Brief and intense.

Water.
Good amount of water today. Around 32 oz. of water after my first carb-up meal and around 16 oz. after my second.

MonStar1023
03-02-2002, 06:56 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- Atkin's choclate bar + few slices pepperoni + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
M2- green salad + grilled chicken breast + Ranch dressing + cheese
M3- low-carb choclate bar
M4- chicken breast + steamed veggies
M5- Carb Solutions bar
Overall Comments.
Feel okay today I guess. Woke up kind of tired. Probably due to the Sleep Formula I take. It gives kind of a hangover effect. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Got f*cking PINK EYE! I cant believe it! Going to the pharmacy tomorrow to try and get eye drops.

Pain/Soreness.
Back is a TAD sore. Not a big deal really. I really havnt been too sore on HST at all compared to my normal muscular soreness.

Sleep.
8.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept okay. Woke up twice though! Once to piss and the othertime I just woke up. Pretty wierd. I have heard though that carbs with ALA before bed make this happen.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount today. Need to keep it up tomorrow.

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 09:09 AM
Cardio.

... Damn still forced myself to ride the f*cking stationery bike even though my eye is throbbing like crazy! :(:(

Diet.
M1- Atkin's choclate bar
M2- green salad + cheese + Ranch dressing + grilled chicken
M3- Myoplex low-carb bar
M4- pumpkin seeds
Overall Comments.
Feel like horsesh*t today! Got f*cking pink eye yesterday and feel like complete sh*t. Going to the doctors to get the drops to clear it up. It actually ended up being a corneal eye infection. Eye doctor prescribed some antibiotic drops that will help flush my eye out completely.

Pain/Soreness.
Not really too sore today. Eye is KILLING me from an eye infection. Got some drops that are helping.

Sleep.
Had around 8-9 hours of interupted sleep last night due to my f*cking pink eye! My eye is throbbing and just burning like crazy.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... I decided to change up my Liquid Clenbutrx duration. I was going to only take it for around 6 weeks. Well I have decided to get another bottle and go for a full 12 weeks. This way Ill know for sure whether or not this stuff works or not. Ill be ending it around the end of May / beginning of June. Just in time for summer! ;);)

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount of water today. Need to really keep it up. :D:D

Marcel
03-03-2002, 06:04 PM
Dang Monstar that sucks! f*cken pink eye! I have never gotten it but I have seen people who have...sucks! Oh well get better bro! good job riding the bike anyways.

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 09:01 PM
Marcel-
Yeah it didnt even end up being pink eye! I went to my eye doctor and it was actually a corneal infection from sleeping in my contacts too often. I got prescribed an antibiotic eye-drops that have helped a lot I think. I hope everything is okay tomorrow for my workout!

aeckhardt
03-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Riiiiiiiiight, your all set.

Corneal infection... **** dude. At least you did cardio, lmao.

MonStar1023
03-03-2002, 09:25 PM
aeckhardt-
Damn right! Somethings just gotta take priority. Especially when summer is on its way quick, and I still got around 10 lbs. to lose..

Gotta be shredded...

MonStar1023
03-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- Atkin's choclate bar
M2- bag of peanuts
M3- beef jerkey
M4- slices of pepperoni
M5- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
Carb-up Meal 1- pasta + Ragu sauce + low-fat coffee cake + candy + 32 oz. Gatorade
Carb-up Meal 2- oatmeal + brown sugar + butter + skim milk
... Damn my carb-up meal tonight is really really tasty. Its the usual spaghetti and Gatorade, but I added some Carmel Creams like my last carb-up meal along with some some Nerds and some Swedish Fish! ;);)

Carb-up Meal 1 ended up coming out to..
1650 calories, 30g protein, 350g carbs, 15g fat

... This carb-up meal was a little higher in carbs, and calories, than my usual first carb-up meal is. Oh well I feel fine taking it all in though. Damn full, but okay. Damn felt COMPLETELY bloated after my carb-up meal, and then my 32 oz. of water. Just felt so packed with food and water I was about to explode all over the damn place! :drooling::drooling:

750 calories, 25g protein, 125g carbs, 20g fat

... Damn tonight both of my total for each meal was really high. Didnt realize how hungry I was! Totals for both meals came out to around 2400 calories, 55g protein, 475g carbs, 35g fat! Damn thats a LOT of carbs holy sh*t.. I am also going to DROP the butter from my second carb-up meal. I know that carbs and saturated fat dont go together but the tbsp. of butter improves the taste SO MUCH! Oh well it'll be gone on Friday's carb-up.

Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Right eye is still bothering me a little bit. But oh well. These drops are really helping me out I think. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow or the next day. Preworkout today I weighed 202 lbs. Felt good about my weight today. I am only down .5 lbs. from Friday but its only been 2 days I mean its probably just water weight etc.

Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today at all. Feel fine for the most part. Right pec is a little sore. I am not really sure how to be honest. Not really pectoral muscle thats sore thats the wierd thing. Its more like the outermost part of my right pec, but not my serratus. :confused::confused:

Sleep.
5 hours! I dont know what the f*ck is wrong with me! I wasnt going to go to school today but my a*shole parents made me. tuttuttuttut Cant believe this bullsh*t. My godd*mn workout is probably going to suffer from this horsesh*t.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Liquid Clenbutrx is basically what saved my workout! When I got to the gym I was so tired and drowsy, and then after I took my 5cc of Liquid Clenbutrx, I was jacked and ready to go! Now I know why this stuff is so talked about.. :thumbup::thumbup:

Training. Workout B4.
Leg Presses 715x10
Leg Press Calf-raises 760x10
Seated Leg Curls 260x10
Flat Dumbbell Presses 85x10
Curl-grip Chins +15x10
Dips +65x10
Bentover T-bar Rows 170x10
Seated Behind-neck Presses 140x10
Standing Barbell Curls 100x10
Lying Barbell Ext. 100x10
Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 135x10
Cable Crunches 170x10
Training Comments.
Damn GREAT workout considering the circumstances. Intense workout. Only had 5 hours of sleep so I really thought that my workout intensity and focus was going to suffer big time. Somehow I pulled off a GREAT workout! Leg presses were excellent. Good ROM and excellent contractions. Really focused on these and hammered my entire lower body all the way, even my calves. Calf raises beat up my lower legs pretty badly. Hit them hard. Good reps, really really nearing my 10RM though. Going to add 5-10 lbs. and see how that goes. Leg curls went well. Good contractions, etc. Going to add 5 lbs. for Wednesday and Friday and go with a 270 lbs. 10RM. Damn flat DBs really neared my 10RM! :eek::eek: Coming way closer than I think I should be at this point. Great set though. Last 1-2 reps though were a killer. Only going to add 2.5 lbs. for Wednesday. Curl-grip chins also went great. Really coming close to hitting my 10RM. Going to add 2.5 lbs. for Wednesday. Good contractions in my back though. Weighted dips were excellent. I am almost 100% sure that I am going to end up with +75 lbs. as my dip 10RM like I estimated. Hammered my pecs VERY hard. Hurt right in the middle of my pecs. T-bar rows were great as usual. Excellent form, great contractions in my back, excellent feeling of exaustion, awesome set. BTN presses went really well too. Great set. Good solid reps. Good ROM, hammered my delts and traps. Perfect form. BB curls went really really well too. Damn I am coming SO CLOSE to my 10RM with these. Only going to add 2.5 lbs. for Wednesday. Lying ext. went well too. Going to add 5 lbs. for Wednesday. Feel a tad stronger on these than I do with BB curls. Wrist curls went GREAT. Excellent reps, contractions, nice and slow with a good ROM. Cable crunches also went really really well. Flexed my abs very hard with each rep. Good set. :D:D

Training Length.
Workout today lasted around 50 minutes. Little longer than usual but nothing too big of a deal I dont think.

Water.
Good amount during the day. A LOT during my workout. Not sure why I was just extremely thirsty. Took in a good 32 oz. of water after my first carb-up meal and a good amount with my second too.

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- cheese + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
M2- pumpkin seeds + pork rinds
M3- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + green salad + cheese + tuna salad
M4- handful of walnuts
Overall Comments.
Felt good today for the most part. Around 3-4 PM I started to feel bloated though. Not sure why the bloatedness, from the carb-up meal I am assuming, doesnt kick it until around 20 hours after my first carb-up meal. Maybe carbs dont really kick into your system until then or something. I dont know I am not all that intelligent when it comes to the digestion of specific foods etc. Shaved/trimmed again tonight. Took my upper and lower body down to 1/8"... but my razor is f*cking up big time. Not sure whats wrong with it. I think the blades are just dull or something like that. Need to go ahead and get a new one. Really pissing me off. Trying to trim things up a good once a week or so. But its getting hard with the razor not hitting every single hair etc. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pain/Soreness.
Damn somehow I am VERY sore today. I dont know why. Lats and midback are killing me along with my middle and upper traps. Chest is a little sore too. :confused::confused:

Sleep.
10.5 hours of sleep last night. :thumbup::thumbup: Thats what I am talking about. Need to get this much every night! Woke up once to use the restroom.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Good amount today.

MonStar1023
03-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Cardio.
None.

Diet.
M1- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + frozen steak + cheese
M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + tuna salad
M3- Atkin's protein bar
M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + tbsp. flax seed oil + tbsp. peanut butter
M5- 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
Overall Comments.
Feel good today for the most part. A little dehydrated but nothing major. Really looking forward to an excellent workout today. I dont understand why the hell I feel a little bloated today! This is really starting to bother me because it ruins my entire attitude and just makes me feel like sh*t. :(:( Damn this must be a popular journal hehe 4000+ views! Preworkout today I weighed 201.5 lbs. Happy with my weight I guess. But I really want to break the 200 lbs. barrier that I feel like I have been hovering around for a long time now...

Pain/Soreness.
Not too sore today. Traps are still aching and I am hoping that doesnt effect my workout at all today. Back is still a tad sore as well.

Sleep.
7.5 hours of sleep last night. Feel good today and really need to keep it up. 7+ hours every single night.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
... Thinking about adding a few digestive supplements before my carb-up meal. Amylase, supposedly aids in the digestions of complex carbohydrates, sucrase, aids in the digestions of complex sugars and starches, maltase, which aids in the digestion of disaccharides to monosaccharides. This should help with the extreme bloatedness and digestion problems immediately after my carb-up meal and the next day as well. Probably going to end up with some ginger root and some digestive enzymes.

Training. Workout B5.
Leg Presses 730x10
Leg Press Calf-raises 770x10
Seated Leg Curls 265x10
Flat Dumbbell Presses 87.5x10
Curl-grip Chins +17.5x10
Dips +70x10
Bentover T-bar Rows 175x10
Seated Behind-neck Presses 145x10
Standing Barbell Curls 102.5x10
Lying Barbell Ext. 105x10
Standing Barbell Reverse Curls 85x10
Cable Crunches 175x10
... Decided to drop the Seated Barbell Wrist Curls and instead do Standing Barbell Reverse Curls. After much thought and after consulting with a few respectable people who I value their opinion, I feel like reverse curls are a better choice. The largest muscle in your lower arms is your brachioradialis, the muscle that is usually hit hardest with hammer and reverse curls. I feel like stimulating this would be more effective than trying to train the extensors and flexors will some kind of wrist or reverse wrist curl. Had really jump on the reverse curl bandwagon though because today is the first time that I have done reverse curls in a long time! Need to do my 10RM for reverse curls on Friday's workout. :D:D

Training Comments.
GREAT workout today! Really really felt good about my training today. Got a good amount of sleep which I think really played a big role in my workout intensity and everything like that. Started off with leg presses. Definitely nearing my 10RM. Going to make it as tough as possible and go for something like a 750 lbs. 10RM. Great set though. Good solid reps with a full ROM. Calf raises were really really good too. Good contractions, great burn, definite exaustion in my calves. Lower legs were burnt. Anyway going to go for around a 775 lbs. 10RM if that. Really hit failure I think with 770 lbs. today. Leg curls really hammered my hams all the way. Great set. Good contractions. Felt it all throughout my hamstrings. Going to go for a 270 lbs. 10RM on leg curls. Flat DBs were TOUGH. :eek::eek: Really was coming extremely close to failure on my last couple of reps. 90s are definitely going to be my 10RM without a doubt. Even if I tried to be brave and go for the 92.5s I couldnt get a full 10 reps. Curl-grip chins really really really coming close to my 10RM also. Damn +20 lbs. for my 10RM no question about it. Good contractions in my back too. Dips went really well. Thought that +70 was going to end up being my 10RM today. I was so dead from these it was crazy. Hit my 8th rep and I thought I was spent but I just kept going. +75 lbs. for my 10RM. T-bar rows were EXCELLENT. Perfect contractions, perfect set. Form a little off but nothing major at all. Going to hit up 175 lbs. for my 10RM on these. Great set. BTN presses were great. Got a spotter for these just to make sure. Damn what a GREAT set. Got 11 reps I think but I wasnt sure. Really hammered my delts all the way. 150 lbs. for my 10RM. Beat them up badly. Incredible overall set. BB curls were GREAT. Damn thats another exercise I was so close to failure it was crazy. 105 lbs. for my 10RM no question. Lying ext. went well too. Hit my triceps hard. Really flexed them as hard as possible after every single repetition. Reverse curls... ;);) Damn! Excellent but TOUGH set. Really hammered my brachioradialis and forearms and brachialis muscles COMPLETELY. Only going to add around 2.5-5 lbs. Maybe only 2.5! Burnt my upper forearms completely. Harder than I would have experect. Cable crunches were good too. Really contracted my abs hard. Great overall workout.

Training Length.
Workout today lasted around 45 minutes. Good length.

Water.
Took in a pretty good amount today.

Sebi
03-06-2002, 08:47 AM
Decided to drop the Seated Barbell Wrist Curls and instead do Standing Barbell Reverse Curls.
:thumbup: Keep us informed, how it worked out!
BTW great journal you have. :cool:

MonStar1023
03-06-2002, 09:15 AM
Sebi-
Yeah I will bro definitely. I think that substituting reverse curls for my regular wrist curls will really be an excellent change.

MonStar1023
03-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Cardio.

Diet.
M1- cheese + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
M2- green salad + grilled chicken + Ranch dressing + cheese
M3- sunflower seeds + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
M4- pork rinds
M5- Atkin's choclate bar
Overall Comments.
Feel tired today. Dont really feel that good unfortunately. Need a nap.. or two. Dont feel too fat today. Feel alright I guess. Feel drowsy for the most art. Need to really really concentrate on getting enough sleep. I dont think that I realize how important that really is. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pain/Soreness.
Traps are still sore today and so is my back. Delts are really aching too. Nothing else is really too bad.

Sleep.
5.5 hours of sleep last night. tuttuttuttut Damn what a joke that is. Took an extra 3 mg. of melatonin to try and make the most of it but I dont think that it helped much.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.
Took in a good amount today. Need to keep it up. ;);)

MarshallPenn
03-07-2002, 08:35 AM
Monstar & Andrew - Andrew mentioned that he had lost the hypertrophy from the 15's. I feel the same way -> went from ballooned to deflating. Have you noticed this?

aeckhardt
03-07-2002, 08:49 AM
Well yeah, but you didn't lose any muscle. You lost, um, i think sarcoplasmic hypertrophy(maybe the word). It is basically an increase in water and glycogen from the high reps.

MonStar1023
03-07-2002, 12:03 PM
MarshallPenn-
Lost some size from the 15-rep weeks? I dont think so. I mean I am not 100% sure since I am honestly trying to lose some fat and everything ilke that. But when it comes to being pumped and stuff like that I am not sure. I mean I might have lost a little in my arms and forearms. Maybe... thats the key word. I mean I am not sure about anything yet.

aeckhardt-
So whatsup bro you think that you lost some of the inflated feeling in your muscles? How have you noticed this just visually or strength wise or what? What about vascularity?

aeckhardt
03-07-2002, 01:09 PM
No, I am much stronger now and definitely more vascular. I just know Ilost some of the hypertrophy from the 15's cause my chest looks smaller. But, I have not lost any muscle. All that lost hypertrophy was just lost water/glycogen etc. The aim of HST is to increase the hypertrophy that is not associated with wate etc. The reason high reps and sets seem to produce hypertrophy in many people is that it increase the fluids in and around the muscle not the actual muscle.

aeckhardt
03-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Ok I obviously did not explain that properly, but whatever.

Ms- How do you feel about that clenb. stuff you are using now?

MonStar1023
03-07-2002, 01:48 PM
aeckhardt-
Liquid Clenbutrx is great bro. Really kills my cravings well. Also its like instant energy. If for some reason I am feeling drowsy or if I dont get enough sleep etc. Clenbutrx wakes me right up right after I take it. Seem to be a TAD more vascular too but I am not sure yet about that. Ill give it a few weeks.

...In regards to the water retention that you were talking about bro from the 15-rep weeks I was thinking about it and what really confuses me is why your carb-up days/meals dont effect this at all. The day after a carb-up meal(s) I always feel fuller any everything like that. Also why do 15-rep weeks make a difference in how much water your muscles retain?

aeckhardt
03-07-2002, 07:46 PM
They don't make a difference in how much water your muscles retain.

Here is a response from Haycock kinda answering what I meant to say:

"There are two ways to get a muscle to grow and only one lasts for longer than a week or so. When the hydration level of the cell increases in response to high volume training we call it sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Meaning the the sarcoplasm (fluid in the cell) increases. The other kind of growth is a result increases in the number of contractile filements and other structural proteins. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is temporary. Hypertrophy due to an increase in structural proteins is quasi-permanent. "

In other words the growth from the 15's that I say I lost was just sarcoplasmic growth. Haycock claims that you should not lose this growth until the strategic conditioning, but I feel I lost it due to below maintenance calories and low carbs. Ahh well. I am toying with the idea of instead of doing 2 sets for each bodypart during the negatives doing a set of negatives and a set of 15's. This might be an interesting idea considering I can only do negatives on 1 movement for each bodypart anyway due to the lack of a partner.

MonStar1023
03-07-2002, 07:55 PM
aeckhardt-
Understood bro. My only concern is that the carb-up meal in its entirety is basically to replenish muscle and liver glycogen and to stimulate anabolic horomones like insulin in your body. When muscle glycogen is replenished, it makes sense that the "fluid in the cell," in your muscle cells, would be increased..

aeckhardt
03-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Um ok, great concern... what are you asking in regards to that concern?

MonStar1023
03-07-2002, 08:01 PM
aeckhardt-
What am I doing in regards to that concern? I lost you bro totally confused me. What concern? What am I supposed to do?

:confused::confused:

aeckhardt
03-07-2002, 08:09 PM
aeckhardt-
Understood bro. My only concern is that the carb-up meal in its entirety is basically to replenish muscle and liver glycogen and to stimulate anabolic horomones like insulin in your body. When muscle glycogen is replenished, it makes sense that the "fluid in the cell," in your muscle cells, would be increased..

I was refering to this. It is almost like you are asking a question here without asking it. If not, then nevermind.

aeckhardt
03-08-2002, 01:02 AM
Hey, i got some plain creatine. What is the best way to take this? With some Hi Gi carbs and water? I've never used plain creatine before. And do you remember the how much to use to load even though is isn't necesary?

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 04:45 AM
aeckhardt-
The idea that creatine isnt necessary to load is all opinion bro. I mean I taking a good amound (12-15g) with my carb-up meal size I am taking in so many simple sugars the huge rush of insulin would serve as an excellent means of trasportation for the creatine to get to my muscles. I also take in 5g of creatine postworkout. I think that creatine should be taken postworkout without a doubt, to replenish creatine stores, with high-glycemic simple sugars, like dextrose, glucose, etc. Thats if your not following low-carb. If you are following low carbs, I would still take the creatine, just not with the simple sugars. Also take some on your carb-up meal/days since youll have that big rush of insulin.

... What are your goals bro? What kind of creatine did you buy?

By the way loading is basically taking 15-30g for 5-7 days, basically 5g at each meal with carbs, to really drive the creatine into your muscles.

aeckhardt
03-08-2002, 07:30 AM
I bought some EAS Creatine. I just grabbed it quick in CVS cause it was realy cheap. Seeing as to how I am now eating more food since I am eating whatever i want my goals are basically bulking.

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 08:13 AM
aeckhardt-
Oh okay your bulking now huh? Werent you eating below maintenance calories while doing HST? Are you doing to bulk with HST? What other supplements are you taking besides the creatine? Lemme know bro. You might want to try some ALA with the creatine and simple sugars. Really helps with the absorption of the creatine..

aeckhardt
03-08-2002, 08:17 AM
Dude, go check out the last post on my journal. Plus that whole thread on eating disorders in the Chat Section. I'm not really bulking, i just know that in the end I will be eating over maintenance calories. It is kinda inevitable with my diet when their is no structure to it.

Other supps: L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, stacker2(this stuff is giving me more energy than any ECA i have ever taken), and good ol protein.

Plus this will work out well anyway to have plus calories in the negatives week.

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 08:20 AM
Stacker 2 really? Thats surprising I thought that that product was total bullsh*t. When are you taking the arginine? Most people dont realize how good arginine supplementation really is. What kind of glutamine? Glutamine peptides? When are you taking that too? In the end of what your diet youll be eating over maintenance calories?

aeckhardt
03-08-2002, 08:31 AM
I take arginine right after lifting and Glutamine right before bed. I do not know if the L-Glutamine are peptides. I mean in the end of the day my calories will be over maintenance. See right now I am just eating whatever I feel like when I feel like as long as it is healthy. I have a raging appetite plus I just eat out of habit even when I'm not hungry. Since I have no structure right now I will be definitely eating over maintenance calories. That is what I meant.

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Cardio.
(postworkout) 10 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.

... Didnt get picked up from the gym right away so I threw in a little bit of low-intensity cardio. :cool::cool:

Diet.
M1- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + sunflower seeds
M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + pepperoni
M3- Atkin's low-carb bar
M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Carb-up Meal 1- spaghetti + Ragu sauce + candy + skim milk + 2 scoops whey protein + low-fat coffee cake + 32 oz. Gatorade
... Great tasting Carb-up Meal 1. Had my usual spaghetti and Gatorade. This time I added some Nerds, Laffy Taffy, Bottle Caps, and some Wonka Oompas candy. All is SO TASTY. Added 2 servings of whey protein in some skim milk, to really help push even more of an insulin response from the carbs. Got some Metrx Extreme Whey really really tasted great for a whey protein product! Contains 6g glutamine per serving and 3-4g BCAAs, along with 46g whey protein. Tasted like hot cocoa or something along those lines. :p:p

Carb-up Meal 1 came out to..
2050 calories, 85g protein, 380g carbs, 20g fat

... :drooling::drooling: Damn that was a LOT of food! Holy sh*t I have never eaten so much in my life. 2000+ calories in one f*cking sitting! Felt like I was going to puke it all up afterwards but the digestive enzymes and ginger really really helped with the bloated feeling. REALLY helped actually.

850 calories, 25g protein, 175g carbs, 10g fat

... Damn this meal was high in calories too. Jeez. Both meals combined came to almost 3000 calories, 110g protein, 550g carbs, and around 30g fat.

Overall Comments.
Feel good really really looking forward to my workout today. Also extremely looking forward to my carb-up meals tonight. Already bought the food.. have some GREAT tasting stuff. ;);) Preworkout today I weighed 197 lbs. :D:D Damn this made my whole f*cking weekend better!!! Really glad to break the 200 lbs. barrier. I am thinking that this was only today Monday I will probably weigh 199-200 or something along those lines. Especially after this monster carb-up meal tonight. Damn!

Pain/Soreness.
Not too sore today. Traps are a little sore not really. Delts and back are okay though.

Sleep.
8.5 hours of sleep last night. Really glad that I got a good amount of sleep last night to make up for last nights pathetic 5.5 hours. :thumbup::thumbup:

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mg. biotin 3x today
1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 5g creatine + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 500 mg. magnesium + 1000 mg. potassium + 1000 mg. ginger root + 2g d-ribose + 5 Fish Body Oils 1000 + 3 V2G + 2 Gluco Tech + 2 Insulene + 2 Agree with Meals + 1 Digestant Enzymes before carb-up meal 1
Sleep Formula before bed
... Added a few new supplements. GNC's Digestant Enzymes, Ginger, Agree with Meals, potassium, Fish Body Oils 1000 and ginger. Both of the digestive enzymes, and the fiish body oils contain ingredients (listed in a post after this one) that aid in absorption and digestion of the carbs. The potassium is supposed to help with intracellular hydration. Also with the potassium:sodium ratio. The ginger also is supposed to really help with the bloated feeling that I keep getting after the carb-up meal and the next day. Also addd 5g creatine to hopefully saturate my muscles with creatine even more. Already taking around 8-9g from the TRAC and Phosphaplex. Also decided to double my magnesium intake because I have read numerous places that the optimal dosage of magnesium is 500 mg. not 250 mg.

Training. Workout B6.
Leg Presses 750x10

Leg Press Calf-raises 780x10

Seated Leg Curls 270x10

Flat Dumbbell Presses 90x10

Curl-grip Chins +20x10

Dips +75x10

Bentover T-bar Rows 180x10

Seated Behind-neck Presses 150x10

Standing Barbell Curls 105x10

Lying Barbell Ext. 110x10

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls 90x10

Cable Crunches 180x10
Training Comments.
Awesome workout today! Damn really loved it. Lasted a little bit longer than usual but not a big deal really at all. Intense workout and hitting failure was a lot of fun. Started off with 750 on leg presses. Really felt good in my lower body. Really beat up my entire lower body pretty badly though. Hammered the f*ck outta my quads and hamstrings along with my glutes. Moved onto calf raises. Hit failure no question with these. Great set. Really good burn and excellent feeling of exaustion. Leg curls went well too. Great contractions in my hamstrings. After leg curls moved onto flat DBs. I was really hurting my shoulders during the first 1-2 reps of these. Good set though. Really really REALLY hit failure. Last rep was such an incredible struggle. Moved onto curl-grip chins. Was chinning around 217 lbs. (bodyweight of 197 and an added 20) Really got some good contractions in my lats. Focused hard on squeezing my lats together and really flexing them hard throughout the set. Good set. Definite failure. Dips.. :cry::cry: DAMN! Definitely hit failure. Didnt think that I was going to make it past like 3-4 reps with how heavy it felt. Hands were hurting on the dip bars.. Got all 10 reps though even though it was a huge struggle. Anyway t-bar rows were GREAT. Really really good set. Excellent contractions in my lats and midback. Really hit my back extremely hard. Totally beat the f*ck outta my back with these. :eek::eek: Damn did BTN presses kill me. Totally just beat the f*ck outta my delts and traps. Wasnt really sure whether or not I was going to make it past 4-5 reps on these. Made it to 10 though somehow. Had a spotter but had no help. BB curls were GREAT. Excellent form, great reps, okay ROM. Really flexed my biceps hard with these. Moved onto lying ext. Really good set here. Flex tris hard throughout the whole movement. Great ROM and hard contractions. Great overall set. Reverse curls were EXCELLENT. Damn hit failure without a doubt. Totally exausted my upper forearms and my brachialis muscles COMPLETELY. Damn hurting afterwards. Finish with some hard cable crunches. Excellent contractions, and perfect ROM. Great set. Now onto the 5-rep weeks!

Training Length.
Workout today lasted around 55 minutes. Good length I guess. Little longer than usual.

Water.
Good amount today. 32 oz. after my first carb-up meal.

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 09:44 AM
aeckhardt-
Yeah arginine is a great supplement.. glutamine you arent taking postworkout? Oh okay the end of the day I really wasnt sure exactly what you meant. I understand now.

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 07:40 PM
I have decided to add the following supplements to aid in the digestion and absorption of the carbs and also to hopefully help relieve the bloated feeling that the carb-up produces. I added some creatine just to make sure that my muscles are fully saturated with it. Also added some fish oils to help as well. Also decided to add some potassium to help with my sodium/potassium ratio.

Agree with Meals (GNC)
9000 HUT units fungul protease
450 ASP units acid protease
150 FCC units lactase
2230 units cellulase
18 AG units amyloglucosidase
1800 SKB units fungal amylase
2250 units lipase

Enzyme Digestant (GNC)
400 mg. pancreatin
130 mg. alpha-amylase
65 mg. betaine hydrochloride
65 mg. pepsin
65 mg. papain
8.1 mg. ox bile extract 8:1

Ginger (GNC)
1000 mg. ginger root (zingiberis officinale)
(from 100 mg. ginger root extract)

5g creatine (EAS/GNC)

Fish Body Oils 1000 (GNC)
180 mg. EPA
120 mg. DHA

1000 mg. potassium (GNC)

... Might drop the potassium capsules and go with No-Salt since it contains 700 mg. potassium per 1/4 tsp.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-08-2002, 07:42 PM
dude, you are gonna rattle.

aeckhardt
03-08-2002, 07:47 PM
How many times are you gonna post what you are added. You have put that post up like 3 times

MonStar1023
03-08-2002, 08:22 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Hehe...

aeckhardt-
This is my first time putting it up bro... I just got the supplements today.. I think you must be confused.

MonStar1023
03-09-2002, 11:13 AM
Cardio.

... So sick of this sh*t. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Diet.
M1- 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
M2- turkey breast
M3- bag of peanuts
M4- filet mignon
CHEATED!... @ 11:00 PM ordered a damn Papa John's pizza and cheese bread! Ate some ice-cream too!!! :p:p
Overall Comments.
Dropping HST...

Pain/Soreness.
Wow pretty sore today. Chest, back, etc.

Sleep.
8.5 hours of sleep last night. Felt good.

Supplements.
multi-vitamin 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
300 mcg. biotin 3x today
Sleep Formula before bed
Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
N/A.

Training Length.
N/A.

Water.

Marcel
03-09-2002, 02:09 PM
1,000 mg pottassium at once??? where did you get this idea from?

MarshallPenn
03-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Monstar, I can't believe you're not even going to finish one cycle of HST before switching! I think you really can't evaluate the overall effects of a program by not even sticking with it for more than a month, especially when it's periodization based like HST.

Also, you stay in a calorically deficient state all the time. How can you evaluate the muscle building effectiveness of any program?

Lastly, your diet and supplement stuff waste so much of your time and mental energy IMO. All this talk of bloating and trying to lose a pound at each workout, totally unhealthy. If you want to make some good gains, just eat a normal, healthy diet -- not gatorade and swedish fish, comon man :-) This NHE stuff is ridiculous, there is so much talk in your journal of how you feel like crap all the time.

Ok, personally I wish you were staying with HST, cause I like reading your journal, but the above advice is offered b/c I think you would really make your best gains by taking your mind out of the whole equation. Just eat healthy and lift often and stop thinking about it so much.

All programs work, some work better than others. Some help you reach your genetic potential faster. That's it. You listen to Mason's stuff like the guy knows something magical about building big arms. It's not rocket science, you know what I mean? There are plenty of guys with huge arms at my gym, some lift HIT style, some Men's Health style, some high volume Arnold style. It all works. And the thing about having to change your program often is the dumbest piece of advice in the world, just keep adding work (more weight, etc.).

I wish you well with the new program though! I still be reading, but again, sorry to lose you so quickly from the program. Bummer :-(

Maki Riddington
03-09-2002, 03:32 PM
I agree with Marshall.

aeckhardt
03-09-2002, 03:52 PM
When did MS say he was stopping the HST routine? OR did he delete that post before I saw it?

Blood&Iron
03-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by aeckhardt
When did MS say he was stopping the HST routine? OR did he delete that post before I saw it?
It just says "Dropping HST..." in the "Overall Comments" section of his last journal entry. No explanation.

Maki Riddington
03-09-2002, 04:30 PM
[b]Dropping HST...

[u][b]Pain/Soreness.
Wow pretty sore today. Chest, back, etc.

MarshallPenn
03-09-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by aeckhardt

Andrew - he mentioned this on a post on the main board as well. I think it was about Mentzer's Routine that Chris Mason posted.

MarshallPenn
03-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Monstar - you've developed quite the following here!

aeckhardt
03-09-2002, 06:12 PM
MS- And I was so proud of you that you actually did NHE for awhile.

MonStar1023
03-09-2002, 06:22 PM
I am sticking with NHE dont worry about that bro. HST works okay I guess. I just personally dont care for it thats all.

NHE is an excellent diet that I recommend to all.

aeckhardt
03-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiight. If that is the way you feel then fine. I don't agree on HST.

MonStar1023
03-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Honestly this entire beginner way of training with HST just doesnt feel right to me. I mean hitting my whole body 3x per week. Ill pass on that one.

:(:(

aeckhardt
03-09-2002, 06:57 PM
Ok. Again, i disagree, but whatever it is obviously up to you. I'll keep you updated on my results.

MarshallPenn
03-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Monstar - It would be cool if you could post why "it doesn't feel right" to you, or some explanation of what you were hoping for that you didn't get. Again, while trying to lose a pound at each workout (not a good way to hold on to or, for that matter, build muscle) you really can't be expecting much from any routine.

My thoughts about HST - my Squat strength appears to be going way up, I'm looking at raising my 5RM 50lbs - I'll let you know. My endurance is much improved. Muscle health is greatly improved -- my contractions when posing are INSANE. Soreness has been completely eliminated from my life. Once a week style I was sore ALL the time. One day after chest, I could barely put a jacket on -- legs, barely sit on the toilet.

On top of all that, workouts take me anywhere from 25-35 mins. With stretching and cardio I'm out in 1hr. What's not to like?

Just curious. Peace.

MarshallPenn
03-09-2002, 07:26 PM
One more thing, go back and read your journal -- you seem to be loving every workout, your last entry reads "on to the 5's!" or something -- what happened man?

aeckhardt
03-09-2002, 07:33 PM
Yeah, you were loving this **** and then you sprung this on us. I agree totally with everything Marshall said about the results of the program so far.

MonStar1023
03-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Yeah soreness was gone. But with this type of program I mean my results were not as good as I liked. For example training in general was fun. But I like doing a few exercises per bodypart. Not just one. I mean honestly hitting each bodypart with just ONE exercise. Thats just not my thing. I dont really know what happened. It seems too much like a fad type of program rather than a traditional bodybuilding training program.

MonStar1023
03-09-2002, 07:51 PM
MarshallPenn-
What you said about soreness with one day a week is DEFINITELY true.

MarshallPenn
03-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Monstar - Again, good luck with the new program. We'll keep you posted on HST results. But, I still don't understand how you can be getting "results" while dropping weight like mad. Keep up the cool journal! :)

MonStar1023
03-09-2002, 08:28 PM
I am going to start a new thread for my new journal. I hope that you continue checking it out and giving my advice etc. I really appreciate you replying in my journals bro. Why dont you keep a detailed journal?