PDA

View Full Version : 500 for Reps at Childrens Xmas classic

bigbadwolfe
12-03-2006, 06:38 PM
OK here is the vid of the 500 for 8 reps. Kind of ugly but hey people seemed impressed :) Hope you enjoy it, the meet was awesome I'll have some pics posted soon.

Wolfy!!!!!!

Look at diff in my legs from the other meets on the file, 62 pounds lighter :)

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6865263636368286/wolfe_charity_lift/

Detard
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
wow man thats awsome. nice benching

what program did you use to make that vid?

chris mason
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Good work Mike! Your legs are definitely looking leaner!

Bob
12-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Nice benching Wolfy.. you looked like you done that before.. lol
Your weight loss is looking good too.. do you think you've lost anything off your maxes?

KevinStarke
12-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Lookin great man, awesome benching.

Fuzzy
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Mr Wolfe... holy ****!

DokterVet
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Awesome.

Fuzzy
12-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Just gotta ask> Your butt was coming off the bench... I thought it wasnt aloud to, or is this just a technique thing, you were doing it controlled, and your a master bencher.

Explain please? ;d

Goodwinm
12-04-2006, 02:51 AM
simply awesome man! Congrats!

Funny how the one rep max calculator says your max bench should be 621lbs after doing 8 reps of 500.. lol.

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

smokinHawk
12-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Just gotta ask> Your butt was coming off the bench... I thought it wasnt aloud to, or is this just a technique thing, you were doing it controlled, and your a master bencher.

Explain please? ;d

you can get a little bit more weight that way, though its not legal for competition, as you hit the stronger part of the chest, and use a little bit of drive from your legs and back.
this is how a lightweight <165lber like me can do 315 for >8 reps :) too.
I prefer to get my sets like that as I feel it hits the chest more, then do my heavy stuff strict.

he was just doing it for show, as he wasnt competing, but very impressive to put up 500 like that, takes alot of strength, both mental and physical.

Good Job Mike!
i got it from a diferent angle im working on uploading, not that great of quality as it was from my picture camrea.

Anthony
12-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Excellent work Wolfy!!!!!!

WBBIRL
12-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Strong reps, its hard enough for most to move that weight once let alone rep it 8 times.

Your really leaning out man, 40 more pounds and the difference from begging to end would be astounding!

bigbadwolfe
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah the butt lifting definately would not fly in a contest. It is kind of funny casue I lift my butt alot in training but I have never been called on it in a contest. That just strikes me funny. My goal was to do 10 but I was just mentally and physically wore out. I emailed Chris Mason early that morning at 7am and told him I felt as if I could puke i was so nervous. I felt like I did before I did my first big National level meet. But in the end it was all for a good cause and it all turned out very well. Everyone be ready for next year, it will be the first weekend of December every year for now on.

Wolfy!!!!

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
you a f-ing jacked as hell mike, im sorry at 300 lbs you could probley bodybuild LOL! sick benching, you really thrusted the love makers into that last one nice ahha.

smokinHawk
12-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah the butt lifting definately would not fly in a contest. It is kind of funny casue I lift my butt alot in training but I have never been called on it in a contest.

I am devoloping a theory as those who train strict arnt as stong as those who "cheat" when they train, Then come back and do it strict in competition.
I can get 8-10 reps of 315 like that at my 165-170 body weight (have done a best of 320x10 @170bwt). Just trying to train to get a good arch in my back and keep my butt down for competion so i make a good transition with it.

i'll agree with you lifting like that is about 90% mental and if your not focused in it all the way you cant get it.

bill
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Great job, very impressive. Your wt loss is looking awesome, watch out paint ballers! LOL

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
oh yeah! do you still ball wolfe? what ya shootin?

bigbadwolfe
12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Haha no ballin for me!!!! Trust me I think about it everyday, we got an indoor soccer field all glassed in at my home gym where we had the meet at and every time I look at it I lay out a field on it in my mind. It would be sweet as hell to go back to playing ball but I would be in divorce court. It almost landed me there a few times anyways :) The last gun I had when I quit was a Warped Sportz Dark "Hell" Angel LCD That was hands down the sweetest gun I shot. I owned 4 angels over a course of 4 yrs and to many Cockers to think about. Then about 1 of every gun in between, you name it iof it was made between '97-'02 I owned at least one of them. I blew WAY TO MUCH money on ball. So nope wont be doing that again any time soon :)

Wolfy!!!!

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
same here man, i blew alot of money, great sport yes but to expensive, my personal favorite guns that i owned or used were autocockers and old school box matrixes.

Chubrock
12-04-2006, 06:15 PM
same here man, i blew alot of money, great sport yes but to expensive, my personal favorite guns that i owned or used were autocockers and old school box matrixes.

Stumpy man, you play paintball? Oh hell yea. I'm shooting a matrix, PM5 actually. Box Matrixes were the **** when they came out.

Natetaco
12-04-2006, 09:00 PM

dude you used to paintball too, damn man. I sold my Gen e matrix LED not to long ago, that was my baby, but PB is way to expensive and i needed money.

Stumprrp
12-05-2006, 05:02 AM
haha WBB BALLERS UNITE! yeah the old matrixes IMO shot better then the new ones, or similar.

i still love E cockers though, i had one of mine bouncing like hell with a brand new halo ripping about 19-20 BPS, refs were so heat lol.

SW
12-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Mike, what was that song called? It's a good one. btw, that lifting was impressive.

RuLess
12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
that bench is insane man.. congrats.. quick question tho i goto ohio state and i didnt qualify as a freshman to play football so im sitting my year out and i need some where hardcore to train.. is westside open to the public??

bigbadwolfe
12-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey I';m not really sure whathe song is. My bro in law takes all my video and post it for me. The song really playing when I was lifting was Motorheads "Time to play the game" It is Triple H's entry music from WWE, I alos coem outto Disturbed's "Down with Sickness" and Marylin Manson's "Beautiful People" here lately I have found myslef psyhching up to Hatebreed's "Live for this' song.

Wolfy!!!!

DiViN
12-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Im pretty sure the song is by Adema, don't know the name though.

vdizenzo
01-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Nice lifting. Looking good. You must feel great without the extra weight. Certainly seems like you have not lost any strength. What does your training split/workout look like?

Chris686
01-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Dude, when stump said ball, and Wolfe started talking about a soccer field, I figured he played soccer at one point.

Ha, I'm just picturing a big guy running on the soccer field.

On topic, that was nice. I'd like to be able to do 400 ONCE sometime in my lifting career, but 500 eight times is crazy. You are a big fella.