PDA

View Full Version : How much meat is TOO much?

theman
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi fellas lately my mother stopped cooking me meat because she says that it is bad for you. She also says her father used to eat lots of meat and now doctors say the meat is what causes his led pains. Is this true? I need some opinions please. By the way I am 26 yrs old.

Altephor
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I think the more important question, is that, if you are 26:

1) Why is your mother cooking for you?

2) Did you skip grammar lessons?

teaturtle
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
whats wrong with his grammar???

and i want the answer to the 1st question too!!

theman
12-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I think the more important question, is that, if you are 26:

1) Why is your mother cooking for you?

2) Did you skip grammar lessons?

1) What is better? Someone cooking for you or you cooking? I feel great when I come home form work with a warm meal ready:cool: You probably love it coming home tired and starving, and then having to cook your food. Think about what you are saying

Stumprrp
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
personally unless your family had blood/cholesterol issues, nothing is wrong with a steak or 2 a day.

reloaded
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
personally unless your family had blood/cholesterol issues, nothing is wrong with a steak or 2 a day.:withstupi

If you're healthy and active, this is not a problem. Now if you're a slob that sits on the couch all day, every day, and watches TV, that's another issue.

beatlesfreak
12-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Why not just ask her to cook more fish?

EvanH
12-03-2006, 11:05 PM
There is no such thing as too much meat. Also, I love cooking for myself.

Altephor
12-04-2006, 08:25 AM
1) What is better? Someone cooking for you or you cooking? I feel great when I come home form work with a warm meal ready:cool: You probably love it coming home tired and starving, and then having to cook your food. Think about what you are saying

...:scratch:

Unreal
12-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Your 26 and come home to your mother?

As for cooking, just make your own meat. Cook 10-12 chicken breast, and then throw 1-2 in the microwave for a few minutes when you get home.

pepsihatman
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
If it's cholesterol that your mother is worried about, she should be more worried about your intake of saturated fats.

Ruffian
12-04-2006, 10:39 AM
If she is worried about the amount of red meats you eat, then that is one thing because too much red meat 'can' cause problems in families with blood pressure/cholesterol problems. If that is her concern ask her to cook more chicken/fish, those meats have virtually no (if any) problems associated with them.

But Ive never heard of meat causing leg pains.... Quite the opposite in fact, I have heard of people who dont eat meat getting leg pain because of malnutrition and improper diet.

Biggs
12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
almost all food is bad for you, but it's neccessary. What does your mom cook that is so good for you?

WildJames
12-05-2006, 10:28 PM

I'm....confused.

PGreezy
12-05-2006, 11:26 PM
me too

Can'tstopnow
12-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Turkey, deer, buffalo are all high protein low fat meats. But the red meat is so F*&^%$g good, nice bloody steak! Eat up!

SDS
12-06-2006, 09:18 PM
1" thick medium well filet wrapped in an oversized homemade buttermilk biscuit.....breakfast lunch and/or dinner, yum.
Throw in some steamed broccoli and carrots.....oh yea

Max Thunder
12-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Too much meat is when your stomach is full of it.

They should spend much more money studying the relationship with high carbs junk that most people eat and insulin resistance and its consequence rather than doing everything to show meat and fat as an enemy.

Since animal fat is so bad, I guess that all the fat people shouldn't try to burn their body fat, after all it has the same general composition as any other animal fat :rolleyes: Curious that the cholesterol usually goes down whenever someone burns a lot of bodyfat.