PDA

View Full Version : Why not Creatine Capsules instead of powder?

TheWill2
12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
At Large Nutrition :thumbup:

Is it significantly more expensive, what?

I would definately pay more for capped creatine.

PoutineEh
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
never bought that capsuled, but i believe it is more expensive. plus you would have to take like 10 capsules at a time
is it really that inconvient to just throw a teaspoon of creatine on your tongue and drink some water? thats what i do. it has no taste

TheWill2
12-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Itís not inconvenient, I just donít care for the sandy grit it leaves in my mouth. <-- Whining a little bit maybe

I have capped it myself and if my recollection serves correct a 4 gram serving only takes up two or three 00 capsules. Although it definately is to inconvenient for me to cap myself.

Just a though / wish

Unholy
12-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmm. Why dont you stir it into a drink? I would figure it absorbs better that way then eating a few pills.

mr.giggles
12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Hmm. Why dont you stir it into a drink? I would figure it absorbs better that way then eating a few pills.

I wouldn't use the word stir, because creatine monohydrate just sinks to the bottom of your drink..It doesn't mix =(

-It's just as easy to throw 5g into your mouth then slug it down with something non-fructose

Mercuryblade
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah I just man up and throw the spoonful down, although sometimes it gets kinda gross.

Creatine "mixes" with drinks about as well as sand does.

Unholy
12-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I donno i put some in my water bottle and shook it for a good minute and it was gone except for a tiny little bit at the bottom!

chris mason
12-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Mix your creatine with your protein shake (works very well). You can also mix it with orange juice which is what I do and it works quite well for me.

As for creatine capsules, I personally don't see the point with respect to it being a draw in terms of a selling point for the majority of our customers and that is why we do not do it.

Chris

TheWill2
12-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Mixing it with my protein shake ruins the taste for me. For now I just mix it with a little bit of water and down it quick. Thats what ill be doing for a while anyhow since I have a good stock pile of your creatine.

I take my supplements aside from protein 4 times throughout the day, caffeine, ETS, alcar, etc. I often forget the creatine and if it was capped I could stick it with the rest of my supplements.

I would definately use more of your products in that case.:nod:

Anyway thanks for your great protein and inparticular the ETS, it eliminated the elbow tendonitis that I had for nearly two years.

chris mason
12-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Mixing it with my protein shake ruins the taste for me. For now I just mix it with a little bit of water and down it quick. Thats what ill be doing for a while anyhow since I have a good stock pile of your creatine.

I take my supplements aside from protein 4 times throughout the day, caffeine, ETS, alcar, etc. I often forget the creatine and if it was capped I could stick it with the rest of my supplements.

I would definately use more of your products in that case.:nod:

Anyway thanks for your great protein and inparticular the ETS, it eliminated the elbow tendonitis that I had for nearly two years.

You're welcome!

Joe Black
12-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't find that creatine makes the protein drink taste any different. At least not when I am using AtLarge Nitrean and Creatine 500. Theres just no difference when I add it or not in taste or mixability.

Thats me anyway :)

dudeman1056
12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
ok well im still debating if i should go to gnc and get a 3 pound tub of creatine burst but i dont want to take it then wen im not using it anymore i just lose all my resluts and is it ok if i mix in with protien?so can anyone tell me if you lose resluts

Adam
12-10-2006, 05:32 PM
In short: No
Longer answer: Do a search!

Adam
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't find that creatine makes the protein drink taste any different. At least not when I am using AtLarge Nitrean and Creatine 500. Theres just no difference when I add it or not in taste or mixability.

Thats me anyway :)

I'm the same way.
I find that any micronized creatine mixes pretty much perfectly.

ArchAngel777
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I donno i put some in my water bottle and shook it for a good minute and it was gone except for a tiny little bit at the bottom!

That is because you didn't give it time to settle. If you shook it up, then set your drink down for a few minutes, most of it would be at the bottom with some still floating around. It tastes like sand too..

Anyway, if you do stir, shake it in the bottle, just be sure to down it real fast, because the particles are still floating around and thus it will not have a chance to settle at the bottom.