PDA

View Full Version : Captains of Crush #2 Fail

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, i just got my grippers today, never trained grip this way in my life, got the trainer , 1 and 2. The trainer and 1 are no problem but i cannot quite get this one yet, however im happy because im damn close!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iyrqpn3zVQ

savvy or any other guys, tips? how many days a week etc?

RBB
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
nice stump, pretty good for your first try. i just ordered the trainer, 1, 2, and 3 on saturday. can't wait to give them a shot.

Con
12-04-2006, 02:52 PM
good effort. I gotta read up about them and see how much/which ones to get(didnt know there was more than one)

Anyway good try stump, youll be a beast with ur grip in no time, but I got a bigger challenege for u: Try close them and not mess up ur face

PS: funny voice you freaky italian :D

galileo
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Back in the day, I did the #2. I was about 150lbs, so it had little to do with brute force. My method was to do a single every so often throughout the day, 5 days a week. Closed the T in 2 days, 1 a week later, and 2 a few weeks after that. My hands hurt like hell after a PR close though.

Edit: From the looks of the video, you're a good bit off. The hardest part of the close is the last half inch or so, so it'll take a bit of additional strength to finish it off. I'd still recommend doing singles throughout the day and perhaps some strap-holds with the T and #1.

I wish Sybersnot still posted here. He was a grip phenom.

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
thanks guys, im sure ill have this 2 withen 1 or 2 weeks. lol @ con sorry ive made worse faces.

RBB it took about 10 days to get to me UPS ground, iono where your at though

SaVvY
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, i just got my grippers today, never trained grip this way in my life, got the trainer , 1 and 2. The trainer and 1 are no problem but i cannot quite get this one yet, however im happy because im damn close!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iyrqpn3zVQ

savvy or any other guys, tips? how many days a week etc?
when i first tried i couldnt close #1 even, but within less than a week i closed #2 for 9 no set reps (what your doing)

from this i can see that you will for sure close #3 if you stick with it

first thing is set the gripper, like this - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0SwLNZdUi58

personally i dont go anywhere near to a par set, wider than the rules for the cert myself (the width of a credit card), but that shows the basics of a set

you could probably close #2 right now doing this

train it a couple of times a week at first, then increase volume as you recover better - hand an forearms are no different than anything else dude, you know your body better than i do!

p.s get #2.5 an #3

edit - i forgot! gripboard.com sign up

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
thanks savy that helped alot, ill train wednesday and saturday for now, what should i do for a routine?

SaVvY
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
thanks savy that helped alot, ill train wednesday and saturday for now, what should i do for a routine?
gripboard.com! you'll learn everything there dude, 90% of certified captains of crush / the strongest gripsters in the world / everything you need!

Stumprrp
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM
ok thanks man

ryuage
12-05-2006, 02:32 AM
i guess ive always naturally had a strong grip.... I can probably hit up the deadlifts or what not without chalk or straps and hold upwards up to 500 pounds ( at least thats all Ive tried ) without any assistance. I think starting off I did the #2's for about a good 20-30.... trick is to just do them and get used to it.

WBBIRL
12-05-2006, 04:55 AM
If I had the cash I would love to get a set of these, so I could train my grip whilst lazing about.

There isn't however much carryover from this type of "crushing" grip strenght into static grip strength is there. Either way I can use plenty more of each.

Keep it up stump, nearly closing #2 the first day isn't anything to sneeze at. Especially when you consider how some people have a tough time closing those store bought grippers that are like 21-42 pounds (most I've seen) and the #2 is 195 pounds!!

Stumprrp
12-05-2006, 05:05 AM
ry - #2 for 20-30 reps? you sure? that would allow you to easily close the #3 most likely, lol.

wbb thanks ill have this gripper in a week or a lil more

VikingWarlord
12-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I've been considering this lately. I've got a pretty good grip from working with the pliers and metal rings, but I'm not sure where to start. With those things being ~$20 apiece, it'd suck to buy a few and be able to pwn them real fast.

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 04:35 AM
id do trainer 1 and 2 to start the 2 is quite the biatch, + u dont wanna go into the heavy stuff to fast and risky hurting your hands

Bob
12-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Awesome job stump...
Besides gripboard.com - you can always get the books that goes along with the CoCs... http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1354 and http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1273 and http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1283 .. I have the Mastery of Hand Strength, it's simple, but effective.. although, I still have some genetics issues with the last 1/4 inch...

galileo
12-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I agree, Mastery of Hand Strength is a solid book. It's come in handy.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7387&d=1052784082

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 01:15 PM
thanks ill pick this up for xmas! i have a problem with the end too the gripper curls inward i have to keep resetting it.

LOL @ that pic

SW
12-06-2006, 02:24 PM
ha u have that italian east coast voice going on. I almost thought u sounded british the first couple seconds. Nice try though dude. You're physically ahead of your age, that's for sure.

SaVvY
12-06-2006, 02:35 PM
i guess ive always naturally had a strong grip.... I can probably hit up the deadlifts or what not without chalk or straps and hold upwards up to 500 pounds ( at least thats all Ive tried ) without any assistance. I think starting off I did the #2's for about a good 20-30.... trick is to just do them and get used to it.
this is probably as close to impossible as anything ive ever heard training wise - nobody has even done anything like that number of reps on a #2 straight off, practically nobody can close a #2 period (average mans grip is 112lbs psi)

you would obviously not be able to do a proper set, an most likely wouldnt know what that is, so you would be doing this no set - i could only no set 30 odd on the #2 now

if you did do this you without a doubt have the strongest grip potential of anybody on the planet, and could no set #3 straight away / no set #4 a couple months later (no set #4 has never been done)

got vids?

Anthony
12-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Dude, you're hilarious!! Loved the vid!

SaVvY
12-06-2006, 03:43 PM
If I had the cash I would love to get a set of these, so I could train my grip whilst lazing about.

There isn't however much carryover from this type of "crushing" grip strenght into static grip strength is there. Either way I can use plenty more of each.

Keep it up stump, nearly closing #2 the first day isn't anything to sneeze at. Especially when you consider how some people have a tough time closing those store bought grippers that are like 21-42 pounds (most I've seen) and the #2 is 195 pounds!!
theres a lot of carry over, your basically doing the exact same thing as holding a bar when a gripper is shut - hence why loads of people use them to improve there grip strength in the gym

Unreal
12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Rob, where did you get them. I want to get some for x-mas.

Davidelmo
12-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Savvy, my grip strength kinda sucks. I have trouble holding 315 for more than a couple of reps.

Should I start with the trainer? How quickly do you think I will outgrow it?

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
ant why am i funny lol
nick h lol lmao
nick www.ironmind.com

eh that mug was brutal i must admit when i tried that

Anthony
12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
ant why am i funny lol

Your accent and the look on your face! Cracks me up everytime!:windup:

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 05:29 PM
calling me ugly aye ******* LOL!

Max Thunder
12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
When are the videos of your squat fail and deadlift fail coming?
Just kidding.

You'll be closing that #2 in no time, you were very close.

I'll keep crushing my Heavygrip grippers, I'm going to close that 250# bitch soon.

Stumprrp
12-06-2006, 09:04 PM
nice max i hope so lol

SykoBMW
12-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Are they the Captains of Crush ones?

SaVvY
12-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Savvy, my grip strength kinda sucks. I have trouble holding 315 for more than a couple of reps.

Should I start with the trainer? How quickly do you think I will outgrow it?
id actually not bother with the ironminds (at least not at first) an get the full heavy grips set - its not a whole lot of money, an you have a lot of different strengths to train as you get stronger