PDA

View Full Version : Any punch combo suggestions??

arnoldsclone
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
I box 5 days a week, and am trying to get my combo's down. with that said i have only like 5 sessions of a pro trainer under my belt, and that was a while ago ( a year). Is there any combos that are standard practice, if i want to get into a boxing gym and not look like a joke what do i need as far as COMBOS go? thanks in advance.......:cool:

Detard
12-04-2006, 06:49 PM
jab, cross, left hook, cross.---basic

jab, jab, cross, hook, cross, left upper, right hook---alittle more advanced

bascially just work on left right left right...etc

when your shadow boxing, just work it light at the start and get your techniques down. theres nothing more hilarious than watching a new guy going all out and trying to impress people, but has got no technique at all.

JoeGrinD
12-06-2006, 07:24 AM
This might be more of a fight situation (rather than training) suggestion: Don't get too predictable with just left, right, left, right...etc. etc.

Mix it up, be dynamic.

Jody Poff
12-06-2006, 08:08 AM
When working combo's i have found working technique goes a long way, dont try to get to tricky u get off balance,and pick up bad habits.Work speed not power,(speed generates power)also when u throw power u tire faster and start throwing sloppy.Work on keeping elbows in tight and throwing down the middle, when u lift your elbows u telegraph.in boxing u want to throw tight combo's that are mixed between body and head.In MMA your combo's are quick mixing in alot of uppercuts for those who drop their heads looking for a takedown. Just a couple of ideas that have worked for us take what u want just ideas not scripture.

arnoldsclone
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
When working combo's i have found working technique goes a long way, dont try to get to tricky u get off balance,and pick up bad habits.Work speed not power,(speed generates power)also when u throw power u tire faster and start throwing sloppy.Work on keeping elbows in tight and throwing down the middle, when u lift your elbows u telegraph.in boxing u want to throw tight combo's that are mixed between body and head.In MMA your combo's are quick mixing in alot of uppercuts for those who drop their heads looking for a takedown. Just a couple of ideas that have worked for us take what u want just ideas not scripture.

thank you guys.....:spam: