PowerManDL
01-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Man you guys leave Eric alone.

I hear he's dreamy.

Maki Riddington
01-22-2003, 09:35 PM
LMAO

Updated day 234

I did 2 sets of squats because the dude I was working out with wanted to do legs.
So I did 315x3, 335x3 no prob!!

However my bench press absolutely sucks like a thirsty baby and a breast. I'm really becoming discouraged, I think my problem is that I do not build a base up before moving on. this I will work on.
I also did some triceps as well.

I had some food afterwards (well right now) that consistd of fried potatoes, fried onions, basil, oregano and tuna. Yummy!!!!
I'll have a shake in 30 mins and then another couple before bed with some more food.

Maki Riddington
01-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Day 236

I had the displeasure of having someone feed me the dumbest line tonight.

It went something like this:

"Hey Maki"

Me: "Sup Sean"

"Damn man, you're getting bigger, you been working out or something?"

Me: " Uh, just eating more man"
At this point I was so offended I wanted to uppercut this guy in the stomach.

I had a lousy shoulder workout and it was cut short because of a nose bleed. I'm soooo tiered right now.

Weigh in tomorrow.

WillKuenzel
01-24-2003, 12:26 AM
LMAO, I've heard crowbars do wonders for those kinds of people.

My nosebleeds are seasonal. Fall and spring are the worst. Sounds like you ain't getting enough sleep. Too much stress?

Maki Riddington
01-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Day 236 (evening)

Whoa! Hard core to the max leg workout today. Both Eric and I felt the effects of the workout right away.

I did a warm up squat of 315x2, then went directly into a set of 345x2 and then 350x2. By now my legs were shaking because my nervous sytems was pretty much fried. I already squatted on wednesday so I wasn't hoping for much here. after Eric had done his sets we moved onto the leg press and proceeded to do a strip set. That was it, I was done, I couldn't even walk afterwards, I was sweating like I had just finished a marathon and I was dizzy and faint. Eric did his, he felt like puking and then I did a set of leg extensions. That was it.

Now I have to walk around the blasted mall looking for wedding stuff. :mad:

Weight: 208

Maki Riddington
01-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Day 237

Wow, I looked good this morning. I gorgedon sushi last night and I had some more today. Other then the bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream I had last night I feel great. My glutes are a tad sore but overall I need these two days off to recouperate.

I slept 10 hour last night. Man was I pooped.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Mak, how did your fast food diet go?

or at least, the "non-clean calorie" diet that amounted to the right overall calories.

Maki Riddington
01-25-2003, 06:40 PM
It was going great and I was down to about 200-199. Then I left for Japan and I stopped training, and eating properly.

Maki Riddington
01-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Day 240

Last night I benched with the big boys, all be it a cool feeling I felt totally uncool when it was my turn to bench press. Talk about feeling like pussy when the guys you're with are pushing 400 pounds plus and you're struggling to rep 275. Whatever, one day that will all change.

On a more humerous note. I was conducting an abdominal class last night and had them partner up with one ending up being the odd one out. So I partnered up with him and started to explain what I wanted to them to do. Once the exp[lanations were finished being given I had them commence the exercise. Well this guy was breathing so forcefully during the exercise that he let the loudest fart out. At this point I almost burst out laughing, but instead I tried my hardest to pretend it never happened and kept on talking him through the exercise. Now, you have to keep in mind that he is the only guy and the rest of them are ladies. So this was something that musthave been disturbing to them to say the least. Anyways, we all pretended to go on with the moevemnt like it never occured. Problem was, he decided to let another loud one rip again. Good god, I was laughing so hard inside at this point that I wanted to walk outside, but I kept talking to him like it never happened. After a couple more reps I stopped applying resistance and he got up off the floor and commented, "wow! you can really feel those in your abs!" I think I had a perma grin on for the rest of the class I was tryin so hard not to laugh.

AstronautJones
01-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh man, that's SO funny! :D

BennettBoy
01-28-2003, 07:14 PM
LOL Maki. I would have lost it.

WillKuenzel
01-28-2003, 07:20 PM
LMAO, I would not have been able to hold my composure. That's crazy.

GeneticallyGifted
01-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Maki, how could you stand that...? I pretty sure your abs got a workout of there own while holding down that laughter. I hope there was no opposing smell that went hand and hand with those farts...or I would have lost it.

G

Maki Riddington
01-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Day 241

GG, luckily it was a loud but harmless fart.

I killed my back, traps and triceps last night. I'm feeling good. I got my Metiform so that's cool. I still have to do some more research on itbefore I start taking it. I also got some more ALA which is extra cool. Other then that, I'm tiered and pooped but I'll be doing my hams, calves and chest tonight.

On a different note, I wanted to share an interesting statement my fiance made the other night while she was watching 'Friends.'
I was on the comp doing some readin when she commented to me about how "Ross had a nice body." I asked her to repeat what she said and then proceeded to ask her what kind of drugs she was on. I was laughing in disbelief at this point since I had no idea she was into this kind of physique. She said that Ross looked good and that he was "buff" and you could see his biceps through his shirt. So I asked her, "so what am I?" she replied by telling me that I was too big. I snickered at that comment since I feel that I am no where what big defines. It just goes to show what peoples views are on physiques and how they judge someone. I joked with her last night about how I should start getting in shape like Ross. Cause I wasn't buff like he was. :)

GeneticallyGifted
01-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Thats it....I'm done ....flat out done...no more strict diets, no more going to the gym 4 times a week. I have dedicated myself to becoming the CURL JOCKEY *cue superhero music......*all said in the Dudley Do-Right voice* I am destine to have bulging biceps and lagging triceps, alittle puffy chest...but leave my back in destress.... I want to have legs skinny enough to make my wranglers look baggy........ I want a ROSS BODY.....YES INDEED!!!!

Man pleez:rolleyes:

G

galileo
01-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Mmm...sushi. I had it twice this week. The best way to blow $20 on lunch.

Maki Riddington
01-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Sushi rocks hardcore!!!

WillKuenzel
01-30-2003, 04:57 PM
<Homer voice>
mmmmmm, sushi
</homer voice>

I think I'm going to have to go get some tonight.

Do you have a favorite? I'm just getting started really eating it and haven't branched out too much yet.

BennettBoy
01-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Sushi....BAH.....YUK.

Ross' physique....BAH....PITIFUL. :D

Lose weight quick Maki.......so she don't back out haha.

beastin v6
01-30-2003, 05:03 PM
jump

Maki Riddington
01-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Day 243

I will update this once I come home from the gym. I'll be doing chest, triceps and biceps today. I feel good so far, however my shoulders are bugging me. Also, a good thing happened to me yesterday, I got a phone call from a lady who wanted to know if I would to do some personal training for her company. Apparently my name was passed on by my boss so that was cool. I just have to get my resume together and email it to her.

ectx
01-31-2003, 03:31 PM
After visiting your journal I have concluded two things...first, that I shall eat sushi this Sunday (I haven't had a fix in over a month), second...training with somebody who farts loudly cracks me up. My training partner let a loud one rip while on the leg press. I'm still cracking up about it. What is it about flatulance that makes people laugh? Congrats on the company training thing.

Mystic Eric
01-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Day 243

Also, a good thing happened to me yesterday, I got a phone call from a lady who wanted to know if I would to do some personal training for her company. Apparently my name was passed on by my boss so that was cool. I just have to get my resume together and email it to her.

Ahhh isn't that weird how I suggested that and now it's happening???

:eek:

Maki Riddington
01-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Update:

Workout sucked, I weighed in at 208.4. I'm in a crappy mood.

Delphi
02-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Would your fiancee like Ross if he farted in front of her?

:spam:

Franjipani
02-03-2003, 04:25 AM
she commented to me about how "Ross had a nice body." I asked her to repeat what she said and then proceeded to ask her what kind of drugs she was on. I was laughing in disbelief at this point since I had no idea she was into this kind of physique. She said that Ross looked good and that he was "buff" and you could see his biceps through his shirt. So I asked her, "so what am I?" she replied by telling me that I was too big.

Whooooa, I've never heard that one before either :eek:. Ahh well, when are you getting married ??? ;).

I've just composed myself after reading about your abdominal class saga..... I would not have been able to contain myself...so power to you dude :thumbup:

Maki Riddington
02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Day 246

I had a good amount of sleep and I had my first Detour bar today. First, dem suckas cost a pretty penny, secondly they tatste heavenly which make them worth the cost. Which means I just might buy a box. Food is around 2100-2600 cals. Strength is so so, but all I really want is a bigger chest. I think I'm gonna do chest and biceps tonight.

I also just wanted to share a funny event that happend while I was riding the bus the other day. There was this guy on the bus who was stoned out of his mind giving free weed out at the back of the bus. I thought this was kinda funny since he gave this one guy almost a quarter ounce. I just smiled and said, "no thanks man." Just say no to drugs!

Btw Franny, I'm getting maried on July 26th.

Manveet
02-03-2003, 06:01 PM
I also just wanted to share a funny event that happend while I was riding the bus the other day. There was this guy on the bus who was stoned out of his mind giving free weed out at the back of the bus. I thought this was kinda funny since he gave this one guy almost a quarter ounce. I just smiled and said, "no thanks man." Just say no to drugs!

LOL!

Mystic Eric
02-03-2003, 06:03 PM

:rolleyes:

PowerManDL
02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
What a queer.

Maki Riddington
02-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Day 247

Nothing to report people. Except that my birthday is coming up soon. I'm eating like a pig this week. Sheesh what's wrong with me, cookie here, sushi there, chips over there. Man, I'm all about the binge eating this week. workouts have been ok, but my left shoulder is starting to act up again. Really bad, I gotta start doing my rotators again. That's about the only remedy.

Maki Riddington
02-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Update

I feel like my lean bulk is turning into a bulk. This is not good.
Someone please help me. I was told that if I admit my problem and ask for help it's ok.

Had a killer workout tonight, I'm so wasted and my arms are sore. I did chest and shoulders. It felt a tad better but it still bothered me. I did however feel like I have gained strength since my last bulk as I did the 85's for 7 reps after doing some heavy benching. So that's a nice positive thing I have going on there.
I snagged a couple pieces of hawian pizza from the back office at work, I'll eat that before going to bed along with 90 grams of protein and a gram of ALA.

WillKuenzel
02-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Hawian pizza is my favorite! All this talk of sushi, chips and pizza is driving me crazy. I can't be coming in here starving that's for sure.

Maki Riddington
02-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Just to clarify, so you don't start wondering why I can only do 85's on flat bench for chest. I was referring to flat dumbbell flys after a couple heavy sets of benching. Unfortunately that's as high as they go at the gym. I'm almost positve that the 100's could be conquered after 3 weeks of attacking my chest first with flys. I know my body well enough.

rookiebldr
02-06-2003, 03:16 PM
I feel like my lean bulk is turning into a bulk. This is not good.
Someone please help me. I was told that if I admit my problem and ask for help it's ok.

Yes it is ok. Now if we could only find someone who cared. ;) Actually, I'll be watching for simular advice on my next bulk. I've been told that it's possible, but I finding harder to believe.

I'll eat that before going to bed along with 90 grams of protein and a gram of ALA.

:eek: a gram at a time!

Delphi
02-06-2003, 09:47 PM
How close to horizontal do your arms get with 85 lb DBS? That's a ton more than I can do on flyes. Pretty impressive. Do you ever get soreness in your shoulders that seems to be more than just DOMS?

WillKuenzel
02-06-2003, 09:57 PM
85lbs for flyes?! Geez the most I can do is 50's before it really becomes more of a pressing motion. Nice job!

Do you feel any strain in your shoulders when doing those?

Maki Riddington
02-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Delphi
How close to horizontal do your arms get with 85 lb DBS? That's a ton more than I can do on flyes. Pretty impressive. Do you ever get soreness in your shoulders that seems to be more than just DOMS?

*** My elbows dip past my shoulders about half an inch, or a tad less. I have a bend in my arms but not too much so that it is a semi bicep curl. I never feel any type of soreness in my shoulders afterwards at all. I've always had a strong chest but my bench sucks because my technique sucks and I have to strengthen my delts and triceps.

Oh ya, thanks a lot for the kind comment.:)

Maki Riddington
02-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
85lbs for flyes?! Geez the most I can do is 50's before it really becomes more of a pressing motion. Nice job!

Do you feel any strain in your shoulders when doing those?

*** Nope nothing in my shoulders, I would however be thrilled when the day comes and I slam out a set uisng the 100's for my flyes. Maybe that'll turn some heads?

Franjipani
02-09-2003, 08:10 AM
:birthday: Happy Birthday Maki:birthday:

*discovers its technically the 10th down under..... but its still the 9th for you and its the thought that counts:D *

Maki Riddington
02-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Day 252

Weighed in at: 209.3 this morning. I'm getting leaner I feel hopefully my new batch of pics will shows this. I ate like crap this weekend but it was my birthday so who cares. I'm back at it today so I should be nice and sore tomorrow. At this rate I'm gonna be a lot leaner then I expect for my wedding in July so I may have to rethink my fat loss plan of attack. I don't want to be too lean (below 9%) I think I may use some metiform, ala and cla during this cut up. Keep my reps high (12+) and add some cardio in and some fat burners at the end. If this works out and my diet is on then I'll be one happy camper come my wedding day. So far it's just some random thoughts.

As for being 25 now, I must say that it's the times that I spend at home with my family and my fiance that make me the happiest, now. Not going out and drinking with my boyz.

Maki Riddington
02-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Day 253

Bah, now that I've seen BB's pic I just don't feel like talking about myself. Great workout, lifted hard, ate yada, yada, yada...
Bah!

Maki Riddington
02-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Day 257

Weighed in at 210.3 this morning.

I've been quite moody the last week and haven't paid much attention to my journal just cause ****s been messed up.

I went to a workshop on pre and post nutrition strategies the other day and I had a good chat with the fellow who presented it. Hopefully he emails me his notes as he said he would. he might even write an article or two if he can fit in the time. but as a masters student in neuro physiology and biochem I would tend to think that his time is limited. I didn't learn anything new except that fat stores are increased along with gylcogen stores when we put on muscle. Go figure, I was a bit stumped when I heard that. He was definite t-mag reader and has a chemist freind who works for biotest down in Denver.

I had to sit next to a know it all personal trainer who figured she'd pipe up and teach the class a bit or two.:rolleyes: I wanted to pull her eyeballs out. I have no patience for ignorant people who feel they are experts in something they nothing about.

Ta ta..... til next time.

Maki Riddington
02-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Not much to say except that I'm just putting together my final cutting plan for my wedding. So far it will be for 4 months and my goal is to lose a pound per week which will be 14 pounds of fat loss and putting me at 195-197, I'm assuming my bodyfat will be around 9-11%. Of course I will post my starting body fat % and get it checked as I progress.

At the end of Feb I will post my final plan. When I do, those of you who follow or read my journal please feel freet o comment or critique my plan.

Manveet
02-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Oh, this sounds good. Since I'll be cutting for the summer, maybe I can learn something.

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Ohhhh ya, for the ladies who read this, I just wanted to let you know I can cook.

For valentines day (which we don't celebrate) I cooked cracked pepper fettecuine, pan fried garlic prawns and scallops covered with a creamy alfredo sauce.

BOOM!!

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Day 259

My left shoulder is bugging me so much that I'm quitting bench pressing for 3-4 months until I get my rotator cuff and rear delts back in working order.

I had a great chest workout using high reps (15-25) then I did a couple sets on the leg extension for my quads and one drop set at the end. I'll do my squats later on this weekend. I still have a slight cold so I didn't push it too hard.

Now I'm sipping on some Gatorade and some whey. When I get home I'll have some food and another shake. Tonights the final episode of Joe Millionaire!!!!

rookiebldr
02-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Seeing as the cooking comment was for the ladies, I won't comment about it.

However, I will :spam: your journal.

BennettBoy
02-18-2003, 06:45 AM
Yeah, hurry up and post the diet....I might get some tips from it. :)

Maki Riddington
02-18-2003, 05:55 PM
Day 260

Happy belated birthday to me. My fiance produced a gift in the form of a Goerge Foreman Grill to me. I was in heaven. I instantly made six gettho style burgers. Being the nice guy I am I let her have two.

Today I made a 10 ounce steak...yummy!!! I'll be eating it with rice and pork and beans. Then when I get home I'll make some more burgers.

Anyways, I figure I might as well start my diet next Monday. Since I just got the grill and I'll be able to cook better meals now.

I figure I should be hovering around 211 come next Monday. I had my bodyfat tested using those hand held devices. My boss swears to me that those things are percise up to 1%. I don't buy it. The bugger says I'm at 22.5%. I figure I'm around 16% now.
I'll post some pics next week, and you guys/gals can be the judge.

So here is my first phase. It will last 2 months.

Calories: 24-2600
Carbs: 200
Pro: 200
Fat: 100

Breakfast: Oats and whey (500 mg of ALA)
Carbs: 50 grams
Pro: 40 grams

Protein shake and flax
Pro:40
Fat:30

Lunch: Peanut butter sandwhich and cottage cheese
Pro: 45
Carbs: 30
Fat: 20

Dinner: meat (steak, chicken etc... 8 ounces) I may take the carbs from lunch and add them in my dinner
Pro: 50-60 grams
Flax: 30
Carbs:?
Pre workout: dextrose and whey
Pro: 20
Carbs:30

Postworkout: dextrose, whey, creatine (10 grams) and ALA (1 gram)
Pro: 20
Carbs: 80

Bedtime: 3 eggs and cottage cheese
Pro:35
Fat:20

I may have to cut back on the protein a tad as the numbers don't add up exactly.

My split will be:

Monday: Chest, quads
Tuesday: Back, calves, forearms
Wednesday: Biceps, triceps
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Shoulders, hamstring, chest
Saturday: Biceps, triceps
Sunday: Rest

I will not add any cardio this phase. Once I reach this end of this phase I will post the new changes.
I'm doing my chest twice a week and my arms as they are lagging behind the rest of my body. Cables and flys will be used to make up my chest routine. All my reps for all my bodyparts will be around 12-15 reps. Nothing lower.

BennettBoy
02-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Ah, I love it. Maki with a little higher volume coming here. ;)

Franjipani
02-19-2003, 04:43 AM
My fiance produced a gift in the form of a Goerge Foreman Grill to me. I was in heaven.

*LMAO*

Ahh but do you have the Jumbo version with timer???? :p

What is it with guys & George-bloody-Foreman?? My flatmate goes absolutely ga-ga over his..... mind you he does cook pretty mean fish dishes on it:drooling:

Maki Riddington
02-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Day 261

I'm still sick, I think last nights workout made it worse. I came home and I was wiped, my back was so tiered and I was exhausted. Now I'm at work and I feel ****ty, I haven't eaten anything yet today and it's 4:00 in the afternoon. I think I'm gonna go home. Screw my diet today, I'm going to Mcdonalds!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2003, 04:58 PM
*Plays some sad violin music for Maki*

Maki Riddington
02-19-2003, 05:03 PM
I'd rather have a back massage CD.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Well, you know where Eric lives...

rookiebldr
02-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Franjipani
What is it with guys & George-bloody-Foreman?? My flatmate goes absolutely ga-ga over his..... mind you he does cook pretty mean fish dishes on it:drooling:

I can't honestly understand what the hype is about this grill. But maybe if I tried one, then I would know. Someday.

Maki, get better soon.

WillKuenzel
02-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Foreman grills are heaven sent from the angels above. I don't know what it is but they absolutely rock! Simply awesome!

Hope you're feeling better dude.

Maki Riddington
02-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Day 264

I'm still a tad sick.
I weighed in today at 207.:( Whatever!

Mystic Eric
02-22-2003, 09:14 PM
rumor has it that Maki's a huge jerk!

xraygirl
02-23-2003, 03:59 AM
Nah...he's a well-mannered and personable guy.
Hope you're feeling better soon Maki-san ;)

Silverback
02-23-2003, 06:42 AM
best wishes maki, hope ur feeling better soon:)

Have you done any articles lately? wbb and non wbb?

Your cutting diet looks well structured, just one question though what is the thinking behind dextrose pre-workout? i always thought pre carbs were non-beneficial, or am i misinformed.

oh and Foreman rules!

Maki Riddington
02-23-2003, 05:09 PM
I'v been asked to write another article for the magazine (www.istylemagazine.com) that published my very first article. The editor wants to call it," Great Buns." Lol, oh well.

Anyways, I'm writing for another site as well, it's a fairly new one but it seems to be growing quite quickly. It's been up for 3 months and it already has close to 1500 members. It looks like another elitefitness, but moderated alot better. It's mainly an AS site so I don't post that much over there, only when someone asks me a question directly.

Other then that, I do have a fair number of articles I've started but now I just have to finish them. I'm also going to take a course on how to write querys so I can sell myself to magazines and newspapers. Once I finish taking the course, I'm going to start emailing various mags.

Maki Riddington
02-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Oh ya, according to research, taking some carbs/protein pre workout allows for an efficient delivery of these nutreints by the time your done your workout. Of course, just to make sure many (myself included) take a shake postworkout.

Vido
02-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Maki, what's the name of this new site you're writing for?

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Well I figured I'd snap a couple shots before starting my cutting phase.
Weight is 207 in these pics. Lost 4 pounds from being sick and I haven't worked out since Tuesday.
:(

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 12:33 AM
My legs.

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Finally my quads.

Mystic Eric
02-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Holy poo. You look bigger!

Mystic Eric
02-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Btw. is it just me or did that chest grow?

And lmao at how messy your room is.

BennettBoy
02-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Oh ya, according to research, taking some carbs/protein pre workout allows for an efficient delivery of these nutreints by the time your done your workout. Of course, just to make sure many (myself included) take a shake postworkout.

What kind of shake are you talking here Maki? A blend, plain 100% whey, some simple carbs.....what exactly?

BennettBoy
02-24-2003, 04:49 AM
BYW, your quads look really good. You are going to look sick once you cut up.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Sick quads.

And your arms look good on the side chest.

WillKuenzel
02-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Legs are looking huge dude! What are you trying to get down to on your cut?

rookiebldr
02-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Looks like you've changed a lot. Your chest has definitely filled in more. Legs are looking swole!

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys! Chest has grown, hope to fill it in even more by June. I'm staying away from all pressing movements for my chest. So my routine will be comprised of flys and cables. I will also start posting my diet so as well. Something I never really have done.

HY: I'm looking to get down to 190-195. I'd like to stay closer to 200 but I doubt I can do that. Who knows, we'll see. My next set of pics will be around the end of June. Hopefully I should have a six pack by then.

BB: I was talking about taking in like 15 grams of dextrose and 15 grams of malto with 20 grams of whey iso and some BCAA's (5 grams). Then postworkout you can take your shake in minus some carbs.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Why no pressing?

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 05:19 PM
My rotator cuff acts up on my lefts side. It's been getting progressively worse as i increase my poundages. So I figure I'll work on my rear delts and do some cuff work to decrease the imbalance.

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Last shot.

Mystic Eric
02-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Dude wtf, you've gotten so much bigger and leaner????

Maki Riddington
02-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks Eric but I don't feel this way to be honest. I feel like I'm getting smaller, I guess it's an illusion really. That's the difficult part when it comes to fat loss, at least for me it is.

WillKuenzel
02-25-2003, 02:49 PM
I think he's right though. You do look larger and leaner than in some of the past pics. Especially your traps, delts and arms. I don't know how you guys cut. If I don't eat right for one day I feel so much smaller.

Maki Riddington
02-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Day 267

Well after one day of counting cals, weighing my food, and screwing my diet up I feel BLAH!!

Here's a recap of yesterday:

1. oats and whey 500 mg of ALA
2. garlic mashed potatoes and beef
3. cottage cheese 500 mg of ALA
4. pre workout shake creatine and glutamine
5. post workout shake 500 mg of ALA
6. ox tail and basmalti rice
7. whey and garlic mashed potatoes Vit E and C

I screwed my fat intake up because I didn't know the flax oil I had stored at work had gone rancid (both bottles). So my fat intake was really low. I substituted with more carbs to make up for the loss of cals. Also I went from 3-7 without food and my blood sugar levels ended up dropping. To top things off I mistimed my pre workout shake and ended up feeling really drowsy before my workout. Instead of 45 mins before I'm gonna bump it up to 15 mins pre workout. I also had a pretty lousy workout cause I was really tiered.

Blood&Iron
02-25-2003, 07:57 PM
Day 267

Well after one day of counting cals, weighing my food, and screwing my diet up I feel BLAH!!

Here's a recap of yesterday:

1. oats and whey 500 mg of ALA
2. garlic mashed potatoes and beef
3. cottage cheese 500 mg of ALA
4. pre workout shake creatine and glutamine
5. post workout shake 500 mg of ALA
6. ox tail and basmalti rice
7. whey and garlic mashed potatoes Vit E and C

I screwed my fat intake up because I didn't know the flax oil I had stored at work had gone rancid (both bottles). So my fat intake was really low. I substituted with more carbs to make up for the loss of cals. Also I went from 3-7 without food and my blood sugar levels ended up dropping. To top things off I mistimed my pre workout shake and ended up feeling really drowsy before my workout. Instead of 45 mins before I'm gonna bump it up to 15 mins pre workout. I also had a pretty lousy workout cause I was really tiered.
Wow, you suck.

Least you could have done was butch up and drink the flax. Who cares if it was rancid?

So disappointing.

Maki Riddington
02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Asshole. Stop spamming ma journal.:mad:

mstar
02-26-2003, 05:46 AM
maki dude looks like u making progress looking at the recent pics, keep it up

Maki Riddington
02-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Day 268

I figure I'll have things down in a couple of weeks.

Diet:

1. whey 500 mg ALA
2. cottage cheese and peanut butter
3. a couple of Tostitos
4. oats and whey 500 mg of ALA
5. pre workout shake
6. post workout shake 500 mg of ALA
7. 7 ounce steak
8. 4 eggs and two pieces of whole wheat toast vit E and C

My training consisted of doing my back and traps. The guy I train with loves to train using high volume and it absolutely wipes me out. I think I did 14 sets for my back. At one point in my training I think I started to lose my pump, it kinda felt weird. My reps were inbetween 12-15 reps which is killing me as well.

It look like I may need to sip on some Gatorade during my workouts to keep my energy levels up. I slept 10 hours since I was so wiped.

One thing I've noticed is that ALA taken on an empty stomach with a protein shake fills me out after a 30 min period.

rookiebldr
02-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Blood&amp;Iron

Wow, you suck.

Least you could have done was butch up and drink the flax. Who cares if it was rancid?

So disappointing.

rofl, I guess this is allowed coming from one trainer to another. :D :D

Maki Riddington
02-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mstar
maki dude looks like u making progress looking at the recent pics, keep it up

*** Thanks. Btw, I like your sig.;)

Oh and I just happened to turn down some pizza tonight, I almost gave in though.

Maki Riddington
02-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Day 269

1. Whey 500 mg of ALA
2. Garlic mashed potatoes and beef
3. Same meal
4. Pre workout shake
5. Post workout shake 500 mg of ALA
6. Ugali (corn meal) and beef

I did arms yesterday. Man was I trashed afterwards. High reps are killing me and I'm exteremly sore. Ouch!!! Damn you SoRoush!!!

Miss Rezza
02-28-2003, 01:16 AM
:hello: Hi Maki!

Don't know how i managed to miss your recent pics :scratch: ..... but anyhoo, you are lookin' freakin' awesome that's for damn sure!! :nod: Congrats dude!!

btw- howz your "great buns" article shapin' up??? ;)

Vido
02-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Maki, 2 questions. First off, I thought you were taking ALA in the 3+g/day range. How come I only see you using 1-1.5g on your posted diets? Second, I don't really understand the logic behind having ALA with whey for breakfast. I would stick to having ALA only with carbs and protein, not just protein, but that's just me.

Maki Riddington
02-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Miss Cutie Pie;) I'm procrastinating on the article, and thanks for the kind words on my soon to be slim physique.

Vido: I was taking 3-4 grams a day but that was when I was bulking, my carb intake is lower so I don't need as much. My ALA intake is based on being evenly distributed throughout the day not on meals. Remember in our pm convo that I said I'd be trying a new route, well this is it.

Maki Riddington
03-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Day 270

I weighed in at 206 yesterday, I also got my bodyfat done and it said I was 20.7 %. I don't think so!!!! I can see my top two abs so I doubt this true. Of course when you use a digital scale at Fitness World what do you expect.

Food ratios were ok but my food selection was not that great. I had a good chest, and shoulder workout. I started my first rehab session for my shoulder, we'll see how that goes.

Meal:

1. Whey and milk (2%) 500 mg of ala
2. 2 slices of whole wheat toast with some cheese and whey 500 mg of ala
3. Pre workout shake
4. Post workout shake 500 mg of ala
5. 2 grilled cheese sandwiches
6. M&M's and Doritos Cool Ranch chips
7. Whey and milk (2%)

For those that like a nice hearty grilled chese sandwich, try this out for taste!

2 slices texas toast
4 slices of cheddar cheese
4 slices of mozzarella
2 slices of bacon
basil and pepper
a slice of beef tomatoe
ketchup

Slap condiments together butter up the texas toast and throw it on the grill. Flip it every 25 seconds until the insides are oozing.
Cut in half, slap some more ketchup on and there you go.

I still feel fat, but at least I'm writing this down. I have to remember changes don't happen over night.:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Was it a waterbath test? if so, you're probably forgetting the visceral fat that ain't visible.

Don't worry about the actual figure - it's how you look that matters.

Maki Riddington
03-01-2003, 06:16 PM
No it was a bigger version of the Tanita scale. It also said I was under hydrated by 5%. Even though I had been sucking back water the whole day.

Oh well. I know it's not accurate but numbers can still play mind games with the ole nogging.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Yeah, don't worry. There's a 3% margin of error with those things (and i usually have to add on the 3% to get it more accurate) but judging off your last photo you looked about 15%ish.

You'll probably be about 14%ish now.

Maki Riddington
03-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Yeah, don't worry. There's a 3% margin of error with those things (and i usually have to add on the 3% to get it more accurate) but judging off your last photo you looked about 15%ish.

You'll probably be about 14%ish now.

*** I wish I were at 14%. Judging by the look of my abs I'll go with 16% now.

Maki Riddington
03-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Day 272

I under ate on Saturday and Sunday yet I seemed to have gained weight over the weekend. Wow.:)

I weighed in at 208 this morning.

I'm still figuring out when I'm going to start taking the metiform and I have been searching around for a cheap source of clambuterol for later on in my fat loss stage.

Tonight it's quads and chest. YOUCH!!

Maki Riddington
03-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Day 274

I've been slacking!!!:(

Mondays meals

1. Whey and oats 500 mg of ALA
2. 500 ml of 2% milk
3. Beef Stew 500 mg of ALA
4. Same
5. Pre workout shake
6. Post workout shake 500 mg of ALA
7. Microwave popcorn :angel:
8 Whey and milk

I worked legs and man are they sore today. I had a pretty good workout as I had no strength left post workout.
They're still sore today, actually worse!

Tuesday

1. Whey and milk 500 mg of ALA
2. Peanut Butter (120 grams)
3. Chicken skewer, pork skewer and rice (basmalti) 500 mg of ALA
4. Same minus the pork skewer
5. Pre workout shake
6.Post workout shake 500 mg of ALA
7. Microwave popcorn, I know I can't help it
8. Whey and milk

I trashed my back with the big boys last night. Felt nice. Tonights it's chest and triceps. I didn't have the energy to fit in chest on Monday so it's tonight instead.

Paul Stagg
03-06-2003, 07:34 AM
No it was a bigger version of the Tanita scale. It also said I was under hydrated by 5%. Even though I had been sucking back water the whole day.

Oh well. I know it's not accurate but numbers can still play mind games with the ole nogging.

Don't those things typically have settings for athletic people? Perhaps if the setting was wrong, it might goof up the reading.

Don't sweat it. My suggestion is to use calipers and just track the actual measurements (they go down, you get leaner), and don't worry about the percentage.

Smashing work, Maki. You've made some spectacular progress over the 3 years or so I've known you.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
You've made some spectacular progress over the 3 years or so I've known you.

Read: You used to be a young little punk. Now you're an older little punk.

Maki Riddington
03-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Lol, coming from Uncle Pauly I'll take any compliment I can get:)

Maki Riddington
03-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Day something rather

Weighed in at 205 this morning and I skipped my workout this evening. I just don't feel like it.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-08-2003, 06:13 AM
So Big lad, are you cutting these days or what?

Maki Riddington
03-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Yes, are you not reading my journal?

I do not want to go any lower then 190, preferably 195.

Fooking diet has been off the last couple days. I am taking in too little cals.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes, but you change your protocol so frequently it's hard to follow.

Maki Riddington
03-08-2003, 07:15 PM
How dare you call me Monstar!

Actuall, the only thing that changes is my training as I've found that I can't stay on a set routine due to changes in my work schedule.

But my caloric intake hasn't budged.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Sorry Miki.

Er...i mean Maki.

Blood&Iron
03-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Yes, are you not reading my journal?

I do not want to go any lower then 190, preferably 195.

Fooking diet has been off the last couple days. I am taking in too little cals.
I was at 196 a few days ago.

I'm still nowhere near 'ripped', though. Besides, today I'm at 204.

Maki Riddington
03-10-2003, 10:44 AM
I beat you. Today I'm at 203.:(

I hate cutting. I'll be recieving some fat burning goodies in the mail sometime next week so that should drop me down another 5 pounds or more in the next month combined with low intensity cardio.

Man I feel skinny.:cry:

Maki Riddington
03-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Day 279

Other then feeling super skinny and looking pasty white. I feel like crap!!

I really enjoy reading BB's journal as I find it to be a great source of motivation. So that being said I'm going to pick my butt off the floor and get the ball rolling.

My cals have been way too low and I need to bring them back up. I feel that I'm losing too much too quickly so I need to quickly get control of things.

My workouts are ok but I seem to be slacking on my chest workouts as I'm feeling depressed about the fact I can not perform any pushing motions.

Tonight I promise to do both chest and legs!!!
I will do it and I will do it with a smile on my face.:)

Blood&Iron
03-10-2003, 11:47 AM

I hate cutting. I'll be recieving some fat burning goodies in the mail sometime next week so that should drop me down another 5 pounds or more in the next month combined with low intensity cardio.

More toilet paper rolls?

Cutting sucks. I feel for you.

Maki Riddington
03-10-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm not getting any toilet paper in the mail. Are you ok B&I?

Blood&Iron
03-10-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm not getting any toilet paper in the mail. Are you ok B&I?

I'm confused if you got that or not. Can't tell.

If you didn't": 'twas a reference to your previous online purchase from another member of this forum, and some subsequent ribbing from the mods.

Maki Riddington
03-10-2003, 12:02 PM
LOL, yes B&I I got the joke. Btw, it wasn't just an ordinary toilet paper either it was the second hand type.

Blood&Iron
03-10-2003, 12:16 PM
LOL, yes B&I I got the joke. Btw, it wasn't just an ordinary toilet paper either it was the second hand type.

Oh, okay.

Btw,

STOP REVEALING MY SECRET IDENTITY DAMMIT!

Maki Riddington
03-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Oops.:(

BennettBoy
03-10-2003, 05:24 PM

I really enjoy reading BB's journal as I find it to be a great source of motivation. So that being said I'm going to pick my butt off the floor and get the ball rolling.

Wow Maki. Thanks mate! I'm learning from you trust me. And so now I have a question haha.....I just go 100 grams of ALA in powder form today. I had planned to take about 3 grams a day. Is that enough, too much, just right? And how would you go about taking it daily? Thanks.

Maki Riddington
03-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Day 280

My answer is in your journal BB.

I had a killer ass workout last night. 5 sets of 15 rep squats on the smith machine. I thought I was going to pass out on each set. This was after doing 10 sets of 10 reps for my chest also.

Man my legs are weak today, no strength and I'm starting to feel sore. Yes!!!

Diet was a-ok yesterday and I feel good. Thanks for the motivation BB!

Meal

1. Whey and milk ALA 500 mg
2. Whey and milk
3. PB sanwhich on whole wheat bread and one glass of 2% milk
4. Same minus the milk and 500 mg of ALA
5. Can of tuna with salt and pepper and a bag of chips :angel:
6. Pre workout shake
7. Gatorade through my workout
8. Post workout shake and 500 mg of ALA
9. Ugali (corn meal) and beef with my vits

Today my diets good so far.

mstar
03-12-2003, 05:16 AM

hey maki, these fat burning stuff? regular exercise will that just not work? can you do it a more natural way?

Maki Riddington
03-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Absolutely, I can do it without any aids. However I have a goal in mind and in order for me to stick to this goal I will need some sort of thermogenic to boost my fat burning potential up.

Day 281

This morning I woke up and I couldn't get out of bed. My legs are so sore it hurts just thinking about how sore they are. During a session with a client this morning I saw this guy who had a very impressive physique. Which made me very jealous and made me feel disillusioned about my own physique. Too bad the guys has stick legs. :D

I came home and had some yogurt and whey and took my ALA and popped some VS About an hour later when I went to shave I was pleasantly suprised to see that I was looking kind of full.
Anyways, it made me feel a lot better knowing that my progress is slowly coming around.

I've started taking some VS (Vanadyl Sulfate) since I have a bottle sitting in my cupboard. I'll be taking around 90-1110 mg a day in divided doses.

My meals yesterday were:

1. Ugali and beef
2. PB sandwhich
3. PB sandwich
4. Strawberry yogurt --- not good
5. Pre workout shake
6. Post workout shake and ALA
7. Chapatis and chicken
8. Whey and vits

Tank23
03-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Maki, it's good to see that you cheat once in a while, it makes me feel better about myself know that other dedicated bodybuilders cheat :) Good luck with the cutting mate. I am also cutting (still!).

'I hate cutting' 'Man I feel skinny.'

I totally agree on both of those. Sometimes I'll look in the mirror and look/feel smaller than usual, or I'll have someone tell me 'you're skinny', and the fact I'm cutting makes it worse, coz I so would love to bulk to 200lbs :D

-Tank

Maki Riddington
03-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Day 284

I weighed in at 202 yesterday morning.

Today I'll be doing triceps and back and abs again. I did my first set of ball crunches in almost a year yesterday during my shoulder workout. It wasn't bad considering I did my second set using an 80 pound dumbell as resistance for 6 reps.

Manveet
03-15-2003, 05:37 PM
How do you hang on to the dumb bell when you are doing ball crunches. Just grip behind your head?

Maki Riddington
03-15-2003, 05:54 PM
I placed the dumbell on my chest.

Franco
03-16-2003, 01:26 AM
Do you incorporate any static ab work into your routines?

Maki Riddington
03-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Yes I do.

I think my abs are pretty strong from all the strength work I've put my abs through all these years. It has been about 2 years since I've even bothered to do any kind of abdominal routine.

I performed a major ab workout last night that consisted of 2 sets of ball crunches, 3 sets of leg throw downs and 2 sets of static decline holds.

Mystic Eric
03-16-2003, 02:34 PM
LMAO at your new avatar!!!!

mstar
03-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
LMAO at your new avatar!!!!

me 2, whats up with that muppet bring back the old Avtar!!!:(

Coke
03-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi Maki, new avatar is different, I like it :) Hope it is ok to say hello. You know everybody ain't really welcome at every journal :D Anyways, you do look on track for summer :cool:

Maki Riddington
03-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Day 286

I quite like my new avatar. So, for those of you who're hating on the old china man stuffing his face with rice you can STEP off!!!

Weekend was ok, I slept a good 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Man was I beat. Other then that her was my diet for Sat and Sun.

Sat

1. 12 pieces of sushi
2. Same
3. Dairy Queen burger combo and Diet Coke
4. Pre workout shake
5. Post workout shake
6. Long John
7. Long John
8. Long John, whey shake and popcorn

Man I was bad! tuttut

Sun

1. rice and beef
2. MRP
3. macoroni and beef with foccacia bread
4. Whey shake

My eating was screwed up due to missing a shake before going to church in the evening and the pastor going 30 mins over with his sermon.

I did however start taking my metformin last night with my big carb meal last night. It took about 30 mins before I felt the effects. A really tiered and lethargic feeling came over me so I went to bed. I slept like a baby. My starting dose will be 500 mg post workout with some ALA.

No "runs' yet. I hope I don't get them.

Mystic Eric
03-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Sat

1. 12 pieces of sushi
2. Same
4. Pre workout shake
5. Post workout shake
6. Long John
7. Long John

Who's John?

Maki Riddington
03-17-2003, 04:38 PM
It's a chocolate covered donut.

Manveet
03-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Roughly how many cals are you taking in during the day?

Maki Riddington
03-18-2003, 10:09 AM
I aim for 2600 although some days I probably only take in 2000 cals. This works out since my binge days account for the lack of cals I take in on the days I don't eat enough. This way my fat loss is steady but not too fast that I sacrifice my hard earned muscle.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2003, 10:13 AM
I dunno man.

Your binge days are quite extreme, right?

Maki Riddington
03-18-2003, 10:17 AM
So far I've only had one binge day.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Fair enough. But just a point i'd like to make from my own experiences relating to dieting and binge days.

My calories during the deficit were usually too low resulting in some muscle loss, and the binge days were really unclean and ludicrous, so i'd end up putting fat back on (and usually not all the muscle i'd lost during the week), so i found myself in a continuous loop where my fat deposits wouldn't really decrease much, but i was losing the muscle at the same time.

I'm trying to avoid this problem for this current cut.

Don't make my mistakes.

Maki Riddington
03-18-2003, 05:58 PM

CD, at my bf % I don't think I need to worry too much about losing hard earned muscle because of my low days. I will NOT be abe to continue this method when I reach 11-12%. I'll have to change it up and actually watch what I put in my mouth.

But, I will heed your advice and keep my cals up even on my low days.

Meals

1. Whey
2. Macaroni and beef with focaccia bread 500 mg of ALA
3. Whey shake
4. Mid workout shake and one liter of gatorade
5. Macaroni and beef and one banana 1 gram of ALA
6. Whey shake

Too many shakes, not enough food. I know, I know.

I had a killer leg workout last night. It consisted of 10 sets of 5 reps with as much rest time inbetween as it took my partner to finish his set. By the tenth set I was gasping for air so bad that I had to quit. We then did 3 sets of calves and then did 2 sets of leg extensions ss with hamstring curls. My quads were so fried I couldn't even lift more then 30 pounds for the leg extension. That would be a total of 2 plates on an Apex leg extension machine. Oh ya, and I did chest before my legs. I did 10 sets of 10 reps of dumbell flies.

I came home, took a shower and had my shake with a banana, some dinner (macaroni and beef), 1 gram of ALA, 500 mg of Metformin and 60 mg of VS with some vits.

About 15 mins later I was ready to pass out because the metformin makes me drowsy which works out perfectly. So I hit the sack at 11:30 and woke up this morning to my alarm at 8:45.

Tonight it's back and triceps.

Blood&Iron
03-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric

Sat

1. 12 pieces of sushi
2. Same
4. Pre workout shake
5. Post workout shake
6. Long John
7. Long John

Who's John?

I'll have to change it up and actually watch what I put in my mouth.

Someone had to do it...

Maki Riddington
03-18-2003, 08:40 PM
I knew that was coming.

Now don't be a smart ass and quote my here as well.

mstar
03-19-2003, 05:40 AM
maki u noticed any VISABLE difference in ur body???? seems u are aware of ur weakness's in cutting and retify them, u must be making progress surely???

mstar
03-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Day 286

I quite like my new avatar. So, for those of you who're hating on the old china man stuffing his face with rice you can STEP off!!!

Weekend was ok, I slept a good 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Man was I beat. Other then that her was my diet for Sat and Sun.

Sat

1. 12 pieces of sushi
2. Same
4. Pre workout shake
5. Post workout shake
6. Long John
7. Long John

Man I was bad! tuttut

Sun

1. rice and beef
2. MRP
3. macoroni and beef with foccacia bread
4. Whey shake

My eating was screwed up due to missing a shake before going to church in the evening and the pastor going 30 mins over with his sermon.

I did however start taking my metformin last night with my big carb meal last night. It took about 30 mins before I felt the effects. A really tiered and lethargic feeling came over me so I went to bed. I slept like a baby. My starting dose will be 500 mg post workout with some ALA.

No "runs' yet. I hope I don't get them.

heheheee avtar looks cool dude, just thought other one was more 'serious' :thumbup:

Manveet
03-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Too many shakes, not enough food. I know, I know.

Same here. But its so damn convient, especially on a cut.

Maki Riddington
03-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Day 288

I've seen some results so far but it's a day to day thing as some days I feel great and others I feel like a stick figure. I still have a lower ab pouch which looks like a gut. But my top two abs have come out, and my middle two are slowly appearing.

It's a slow process but I have a ways to go so I don't want to lose bodyfat too quickly.

Meals

1. Whey shake
2. 4 inch round turkey sandwhich (Subway)
3. 6 inch cold cut sub (subway)
4. Same, with a bag of chips (tostitos)
5. Whey shake
6. Post workout shake, Ugali and beef, one glassof milk and 1 banana

Btw, when I mention a whey shake it's usually around 40-50 grams of protein per shake I take in.

I did my chest again last night, man my chest is sore today!!!
I also did some triceps. Tonight it's back and biceps. I was so tiered last night I slept 10.5 hours.

Supps were as usual. Boy, I need a haircut bad!

mstar
03-20-2003, 06:14 AM
Day 288

I've seen some results so far but it's a day to day thing as some days I feel great and others I feel like a stick figure. I still have a lower ab pouch which looks like a gut. But my top two abs have come out, and my middle two are slowly appearing.

It's a slow process but I have a ways to go so I don't want to lose bodyfat too quickly.

Meals

1. Whey shake
2. 4 inch round turkey sandwhich (Subway)
3. 6 inch cold cut sub (subway)
4. Same, with a bag of chips (tostitos)
5. Whey shake
6. Post workout shake, Ugali and beef, one glassof milk and 1 banana

Btw, when I mention a whey shake it's usually around 40-50 grams of protein per shake I take in.

I did my chest again last night, man my chest is sore today!!!
I also did some triceps. Tonight it's back and biceps. I was so tiered last night I slept 10.5 hours.

Supps were as usual. Boy, I need a haircut bad!

seems ur abs are like mine i am having trrouble developing my lower abdominals its frustrating :mad: any particular exercises u suggest maki? i was thinking f getting those swiss ball things

BennettBoy
03-20-2003, 06:43 AM
I think we all have the lower ab problem Maki. Just keep stickin' with it bro.

Coke
03-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Go get a haircut dude :D j/k Good Luck on cutting up!

Maki Riddington
03-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Day 293

Ok, I got a hair cut finally.

I went to a marriage conference this weekend which was quite a fruitful experience. I've learned quite a bit about myself and my partner this past weekend. I feel that with our present meeting s with our marriage counsler (pastor) each year together will only get better.

As for my training, there was none, my diet consisted of 3 square meals a day. Not good. However I did start taking some Super C.
I've strated off with half a tab a day and I was stupid to take a half tab all at once on Friday. I was so drowsy the whole entire day that it messed me up in terms of energy and being able to do anything. So I will be taking a quarter tab in the morn and another at noon. To offset any drowsiness that might occur I will be sipping on green tea or doffee throughout the day up till 4:00.

So far the side effects have been, increased body temperature, extreme jitters (I'm currently suffering from the poor mans shake),
slight head aches and fits of euphoric moods.

I also found out that my mom was serious about me running with her in a 10km race. So, I will be running with her on April 26th. Now I don't run, so this is gonna be tough. I figure I can give up weight training (serious that is) for 4 weeks and run every day on the treadmill until I can do the 10km in under 60 mins. I have to because my mom can do it under 60 mins and she's 60 years old!
I'm quite aware with the current supplement I'm taking and the amount of cardio I'll be doing that I'm going to drop some serious weight in the coming weeks. Hopefully it won't be muscle. So I'll have to pay attention to my calories.

With all that in mind I will start off tonight with a 20 min run. I aim to hit 3 km in 20 mins after my chest workout. What I'm going to do is do my chest workout and then have a MRP, then 45 mins later run and then have a smaller shake. This is what I'll do if I have to do my workout and run back to back. This way my energy won't be so low.

Wish me luck.

fuzz
03-24-2003, 08:53 PM
I think if you keep cals up and especially protein you might not drop very little LBM, if at all. Why are you completely giving up weights? Why not just scale volume way back and focus on running for four weeks? Doing some low volume weights would help even more to perserve LBM.

Maki Riddington
03-24-2003, 09:21 PM
My protein will be aimed at around 250 grams. I will drop my volume down. I will probably only do 4 set in total per muscle group to failure.

BennettBoy
03-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Good luck with the running deal Maki. I feel ya pain. I don't run either. And don't want to start haha.

Don't you just love cutting bro?

:D

chris mason
03-25-2003, 06:09 AM
Running is banned from the meathead vocabulary! Don't do it man....

runt
03-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Maki, training everyday for a run seems excessive to me. Try every other day. The rest should improve your stamina and keep you from buring too much muscle. I think you'll be surprised at how much progress you make running 3 days a week for 4 weeks. Go for the carbs, most runners eat a lot of pasta. Good luck.

WillKuenzel
03-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Running is banned from the meathead vocabulary! Don't do it man....
:withstupi :nod:

running... tuttut

Good luck with it dude! That's some tough stuff. You might want to talk to ectx. He was a long distance runner and trained with some really good guys, not to mention being really good at it himself. He might have some pointers to getting your stamina and endurance up for the race.

Maki Riddington
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Day 294

Ugh!!!! I ran for 22 minutes last night which made for a total of 3kms. I hate running! I hate cardio period. I'm also sore today in my legs, lower back and traps. I know my runing form is good though cause my finace was watching me last night and she knows her stuff when it comes to running (she's Kenyan :D ).

My workout consisted of 1 set of incline dumbell presses and 1 set of flys for my chest. For shoulders I did one set of seated shoulder presses.

Meals

1. Whey shake (60)
2. 2 glasses of 2% milk
3. 1 can of tuna and 4 rice crackers
4. 4 rice crackers
5. Postworkout shake (55 pro,40 carbs) 1.5 grams of ALA
6. Roti, ground beef and cabbage
7. Whey shake (60)

*** My fat intake was low and so was my carb intake. It's apparent because I'm looking rather flat today. Curse my love handles!

The last 3 meals were all in the span of 1.5 hours. I'm so wired right no wwriting ths out I can't control my hands they're shaking so much. Too much coffee.......

Tonight I'm going to do some stretching, and work out my back and biceps. Then I'm going for a 3.5 km run. I WILL DO IT!

I have a running plan layed out so I'm not worried so much. I didn't mean to say that I'd be running all out every day and I will have some rest days.

Mystic Eric
03-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Haha so ridiculous, with your diet and all this crazy cardio, you're gonna end up to be my size in no time.

Maki Riddington
03-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Thank god I'm off your list.

Mystic Eric
03-25-2003, 05:03 PM
man you've been a real jerk lately tuttut

Maki Riddington
03-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Day 298

Well after about 5 days of cardio and eating fairly decent I can say that I can already notice a change in my abdominal region.The fat burning supplement is working quite well and it seems that I can now graduate to half a tab first thing in the morning with my coffee. Then in the noon I'll just stick with a quarter tab a cup of strong black coffee (no sugar).

I've been using a daily journal to track my eating so I won't bother with it here. I don't want to type things out when it's already written down. However I'll make not of total cals per day.

My workouts are ok and have almost accepted that the weight training must come second to the running. So for my workouts they all basically consist of 2 sets for each muscle group. Sometimes to failure, somtimes using drop sets or strip sets.

My weight as of yesterday is 202.4.

Maki Riddington
03-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Day 299

It was an off day which turned into a cardio day. I happened to get my bodyfat tested with some digital calipers using a 3 point test. According to my previous experience with my bf I'm happy to say that I believe the results of the test were pretty accurate.

I tested at 15.4% at 202. My measurments were:

Leg: 17, 19, 18
Ab:23, 25, 23
Chest:14, 14, 12

I will be getting my bf tested every Sunday and weigh in every Sunday now. My goal is to get down to 11% at 190 for the wedding by July 15th. This means I need to lose 4% in 3.5 months. Can I do it?

I ran for 30 mins today and burnt 400 cals and my total distance was 4 km. Now this might sound pretty bad to you guys/gals in shape but I think that I'm doing ok for only being back in this after not doing any kind of running for 2 years and after putting on 35 pounds.

I do remember when I could outrun my girlfriend (now fiance) who was a long distance runner. Now she runs an easy ("easy" being a 6 out of 10 on the exertion scale) 7km in 33 minutes. I can't even fathom running that well now.

chris mason
03-30-2003, 06:15 PM
Running, blah!

I didn't know you were getting married, congratulations, or don't DO IT, errr... congratulations:D .

Maki Riddington
03-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks Chris. It took me 7 years to finally pop the question. Any longer and I'd be single;)

As for running, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. But it must be done if the wedding pictures are going to be decent. Trust me, once the wedding is over I'm bulking!!

Pup
03-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Maki...i'd seriously recommend the 2x/week HIIT...that will lean you up for sure.

Blood&Iron
03-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Day 299

It was an off day which turned into a cardio day. I happened to get my bodyfat tested with some digital calipers using a 3 point test. According to my previous experience with my bf I'm happy to say that I believe the results of the test were pretty accurate.

I tested at 15.4% at 202. My measurments were:

Leg: 17, 19, 18
Ab:23, 25, 23
Chest:14, 14, 12

I will be getting my bf tested every Sunday and weigh in every Sunday now. My goal is to get down to 11% at 190 for the wedding by July 15th. This means I need to lose 4% in 3.5 months. Can I do it?

Maybe we should have a contest. My goal is to hit 10% bodyfat--no matter how much freakin' muscle I have to lose (though, ideally I won't lose any). The time frame in which I'd like to do it is similar, and while I haven't had by bf% tested recently I'd say it's around probalby around 14-15%--could be as low as 13%. I weigh about 205-207 after my refeeds. So, we've got nearly identical goals. Maybe it'd be good motivation.

BTW, running is evil. Just say no!

John0101
03-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Wow, you have been with your girl for 7 years!!!:eek: how old are you?

rookiebldr
03-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Maki, good luck on your bodyfat reduction. Have a goal such as looking ace for your wedding day should be lots of motivation. And congrats on finally popping the question. lol, it took me 5 years and people were wondering what took so long.

Isaac Wilkins
03-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks Chris. It took me 7 years to finally pop the question. Any longer and I'd be single;)

As for running, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. But it must be done if the wedding pictures are going to be decent. Trust me, once the wedding is over I'm bulking!!

Congrats on the wedding to be, Maki! Not to dig up the wedding thread from a week ago, but I doubt that my courtship and first (probably last) marraige will last seven years! :D

Running is bad for you. It makes you thin and funny looking.

Maki Riddington
03-31-2003, 08:18 AM
Pup: I would but I need to make sure I am trained to run a 10km specifically. Right now I'm doing 1 HIIT session per week. It's all my poor body can handle with all this running.

Blood: I say we make a contest out of it. We can make a post in the comp section or something? It will be more motivation and will make for some good reading.

John: That is none of your business.;) actually I'm 25. We are highschool sweethearts.

Rookie: Thanks! This about as motivated as I'm gonna get right now. Of course after the wedding I'm gonna bulk and the reasess to see if I have enough muscle on me to compete at 170-175 4.5%

Borris: I feel thin and funny looking.:)

Coke
03-31-2003, 08:23 AM
Good Luck with everything. You will look a mil when you do the deal ;) Congrats!

WillKuenzel
03-31-2003, 09:34 AM
I think you'd look awesome at 170-175 with 4.5%bf. You're 5'9" right? I think that'd be a great weight for you. Looking back at some of your pics, your legs are definitely a good strong point.

Maki Riddington
03-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
I think you'd look awesome at 170-175 with 4.5%bf. You're 5'9" right? I think that'd be a great weight for you. Looking back at some of your pics, your legs are definitely a good strong point.

*** Hopefully if my symmetry is decent. I have a crappy double back bicep pose, my arms are puny and my left quad and calf are much smaller then my right side. My chest is getting better though. If I can work on these I think that when I step on stage I will look half decent.

heathj
03-31-2003, 05:03 PM
I'll join in that competition and whoop up on you old timers.

mstar
04-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Pup: I would but I need to make sure I am trained to run a 10km specifically. Right now I'm doing 1 HIIT session per week. It's all my poor body can handle with all this running.

Blood: I say we make a contest out of it. We can make a post in the comp section or something? It will be more motivation and will make for some good reading.

John: That is none of your business.;) actually I'm 25. We are highschool sweethearts.

Rookie: Thanks! This about as motivated as I'm gonna get right now. Of course after the wedding I'm gonna bulk and the reasess to see if I have enough muscle on me to compete at 170-175 4.5%

Borris: I feel thin and funny looking.:)

awwwwwwwwwwww @ High school sweethearts!! thats so luvy duvy go Maki!!!

Maki Riddington
04-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Day 301

I did legs yesterday and then did 15 mins of upper body cardio. I thrashed mmy legs with 1 set of leg press drop sets doing 5 sets of 10 reps going down. then I did 3 sets of 10 on the leg extensions and then 3 sets of 10 for calf raises.

By this time my legs were shaking so I decided to do some cardio using a machine that worked the upper body instead of the traditional lower body machines.

I've noticed I'm sleeping longer (10 hours) so I can tell my body is taking quite the beating. I also haven't had any carb cravings so a carb up is definitely a ways away. Once I get it then I'll do a 12 hour carb up to get me going again.

I've boosted my tab intake to a 3 quarters a tab upon waking with some coffee. In about another week I should be up to one full tab.

This week I'm aiming for 15% bodyfat so I hope my diet is on track. That'll be a .4 % drop. Of course if he measured wrong then I could be setting myself up for dissapointment.

Tonight it's back, biceps and cardio (eliptical trainer) for 30 mins.

On another note, I have 4 days till my next article is due and I haven't even started it!!!!! Oh man.

chris mason
04-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Get your ass in gear!

By the way, what about hitting up Brent Mikesell for an interview? I just thought of that tonight, what do you think?

Maki Riddington
04-01-2003, 05:57 PM
I had a quick look at his site. I'll probably contact him later on as I have some other folks on mind right now. I did however send Bud Jefferies an email because I'd really like an interview with him. He seems to be a real stand up guy according to his bio and his background. Plus he's a beast!!!

Blood&Iron
04-01-2003, 08:16 PM
YOU'RE GOING DOWN FATTY!!!

heathj
04-01-2003, 08:47 PM
You both are going down!

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Lol, dude if you're gonna step make sure you step all the way.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Day 302

Food was low last yesterday and I think it's a tad low today. I'm stressed about this article because I still have not started it.

I did my back and biceps last night which made for a pathetic workout, then I did 15 mins on the elliptical machine.

I took a nap today and now I have a headache. This is most likely due to my increase in my fat burning tab dosage. I'm supposed to run 7km tonight, I doubt that's gonna happen though.

So, tonight it will be chest and shoulders and some cardio (running)

Wish me luck.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-02-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm ~15% and aiming to get down to ~10% within the next ten weeks.

Done 6 weeks and two days so far.

Can i join in?

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Ok, I'm gonna make a final post, lock the thread and start a new thread in the comp section. We can post as we like how our progress is going and our thoughts as we lose bodyfat and muscle (hopefully not muscle)

Mystic Eric
04-02-2003, 06:27 PM
bwahah I shall have the final post!

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Lol, not this thread numbnuts, the thread I created in the comp section. Lol.

Blood&Iron
04-02-2003, 07:38 PM

Wish me luck.
Now why would I do that?

You're my mortal enemy!

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 07:57 PM
On a side note, I am currently going to be training a co-worker in exchange for his bartending services for our wedding. I have agreed to meet with him 3 times a week for 3.5 months. Now normally I wouldn't post this because no one really cares. However, I figured this is a golden oppurtunity to use him as a HST experiment since I've been wondering just how effective this method really is.

Now he may not like the program but he has told me that he wants some lean muscle and not mass. This sounds to be a the perfect fit kind of program for him.

He has worked out before under my guidance in which he put on a good 12 pounds. And after about a year of being away from the gym he still has held onto this weight. So, if he agrees with the program outline I will make a seperate journal detailing our encounter with this program. I will post body fat updates and notes on his progression and things I may pick up on the way. It will be a learning experience for the both of us.

Hopefully I can start the journal tonight.

mstar
04-03-2003, 05:10 AM
On a side note, I am currently going to be training a co-worker in exchange for his bartending services for our wedding. I have agreed to meet with him 3 times a week for 3.5 months. Now normally I wouldn't post this because no one really cares. However, I figured this is a golden oppurtunity to use him as a HST experiment since I've been wondering just how effective this method really is.

Now he may not like the program but he has told me that he wants some lean muscle and not mass. This sounds to be a the perfect fit kind of program for him.

He has worked out before under my guidance in which he put on a good 12 pounds. And after about a year of being away from the gym he still has held onto this weight. So, if he agrees with the program outline I will make a seperate journal detailing our encounter with this program. I will post body fat updates and notes on his progression and things I may pick up on the way. It will be a learning experience for the both of us.

Hopefully I can start the journal tonight.

Maki that would be a great idea!! i am in a similar situation as that guy i would be intrested to see the program you come up with for him....

oooh....keep up the good work bro, u doing well

ciao
:D

Neil
04-03-2003, 08:44 AM

Now he may not like the program but he has told me that he wants some lean muscle and not mass.

I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass, but aren't the two correlated?

Maki Riddington
04-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Well according to him it's not. I think that at a certain point in my job I start to ignore what people say sometimes. Thi is so I do not have to explain to every person that what they have said is not actually correct. Correcting what people say because of misconceptions is a very tiersome job.

Neil
04-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Gotcha.

Magnus
04-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Maki did you ever try HST back in the day (know you hate full body workouts!)? Also it would be interesting if you layed out the routine you come up with for this bartender if you try the experiment.

Maki Riddington
04-03-2003, 07:07 PM
I attempted it for one week and then stopped because I couldn't stand the full body workout.

I'll make a new journal.

Blood&Iron
04-03-2003, 08:18 PM
I attempted it for one week and then stopped because I couldn't stand the full body workout.

I'll make a new journal.

NOthing in HST requires that the workouts be full-body. A split HST routine works just as well, if not better.

Maki Riddington
04-03-2003, 08:33 PM
That's because I skimmed the routine in the beginning. Now that I've done some reading I noticed that.

Maki Riddington
04-07-2003, 08:47 AM
Day 307

I weighed in at 204.5 on Sunday and my bodyfat test was off or maybe I'm actually 18% and he tested wrong the first time? Whatever the case I have to plug on and keep focused on my goal of 10-11% by July 20.

I have noticed that I have been slacking on my protein intake. I need to make sure I get a good 200 grams a day. Todays a long day and I was up at 5:45am. Watched the news and sipped on some green tea. Tonight I will do my legs.

The wedding plans are slowly coming together, we spent a nice day visiting the various dollar stores around town. We've found some good stuff at dollar deal prices so far. This Friday I'm getting fitted for my suit when we go back to Victoria to see our marriage counselor. The invitations will also be purchased next weekend and we've basically finalized the guest list. It looks like we'll be inviting a little over 150 people. After much thinking and rethinking we cut the list down from 200.

So far we have a buffet style dinner and an open bar planned. The open bar may change due to our budget as we are now way over (several thousand dollars). My fiance's dress alterations, accesories, make up and weave etc is costing way more then I expected. It sure costs a lot to look pretty nowadays. For me it's a shave and a nice tan.:)

Maki Riddington
04-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Btw, I forgot to mention that I fractured a bone in my wrist. I'm pretty sure it ocurred when I was doing push ups on two medicine balls. Because I remember feeling a large amount of pain and some unusal pressure that went through my wrist when I continued on. I figured it wasn't anything until I started to notice that my movements were limited in certain activities. I can bend and extend my wrsit but cocking it to the side is out of the questions. I also have no strength and it feels really weak. Now, this is not a professional diagnosis but knwoing what a broken wrist feels like (because I broke my left one in a car accident) I'm 99% sure I fractured something in my right wrist. I've taped it up good so my wrist is stabilized and that I can't put it into a position where I make it worse. There is no way I'm putting this in a cast as my training wil be shot.

Vido
04-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Damn, that sucks about your wrist Maki. I did something to mine about 2 months ago, spotting for someone in a rather awkward position, and it's been bugging me off and on since then. I'd like to get it checked out, but am scared of the doctor telling me to take some time off training. I suppose you know which movements are going to aggravate your injury though, so as long as you avoid them you'll probably be fine.

Btw, how's the running coming along? The Sun Run can't be too far away now is it?

Blood&Iron
04-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Really sorry to hear about the wrist.

Please go to the doctor. Even if it holds up your training/dieting a bit, I think it's much wiser to get it taken care of rather than risk long-term problems by ignoring it and hoping it will go away.

It was probably just a freak occurrence, but this sort of thing is why I tend to be wary of plyometrics/medicine balls/stability work.

Maki Riddington
04-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Vido
Damn, that sucks about your wrist Maki. I did something to mine about 2 months ago, spotting for someone in a rather awkward position, and it's been bugging me off and on since then. I'd like to get it checked out, but am scared of the doctor telling me to take some time off training. I suppose you know which movements are going to aggravate your injury though, so as long as you avoid them you'll probably be fine.

Btw, how's the running coming along? The Sun Run can't be too far away now is it?

*** It's not the Sun Run, it's the Times Colonist Run in Victoria. There's about 30 000 that show up each year.

Maki Riddington
04-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Really sorry to hear about the wrist.

Please go to the doctor. Even if it holds up your training/dieting a bit, I think it's much wiser to get it taken care of rather than risk long-term problems by ignoring it and hoping it will go away.

It was probably just a freak occurrence, but this sort of thing is why I tend to be wary of plyometrics/medicine balls/stability work.

*** Ahhhh, do I have to go se the doc. I got an earful from a lady at work this morning about my homemade tape job I gave my wrist..hehe. Ya, I know I need to see a doc. Sukcs cause if I need a cast I'm gonna be pissed off.

heathj
04-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Ready to lose fatty? ;)

You shouldn't have two journals, it confuses people like me, when I want to make fun of you :p

Maki Riddington
04-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Day 308

Oh man, I just finished my leg workout and I'm trashed!!!!
Now, I've worked a 13 hour day and I'm beat tiered but I still managed somehow to muster up the strength to do my legs which I was going to put off.

Leg Press (plates= 45 pounds each)

1. 4 plates x 6
2. 10 plates x 6
3. 12 plates x 6
4. 14 plates x 6

One giant drop set:

1. 14 plates x 4
2. 12 plates x 4
3. 10 plates x 4
4. 8 plates x 4
5. 6 plates x 4
6. 4 plates x 4
7. 2 plates x 4

Now I'm dead, my ears are ringing and I'm dizzy. I manage to get up and walk it off although at this point my legs are starting to cramp up. All in all, I'm damn happy with this as I've been doing a ton of cardio so I figured my legs were taking a beating. Cardio aside I know I can get 20 plates no prob once I stop my cardio craze.

Sipping on gatorade and about to train someone and then I'm off to my home sweet home wher I'll take a warm shower, eat and go to bed. Man I can hardly wait.

Btw, on all my sets I went all the way down.

Alex.V
04-07-2003, 10:40 PM
hehehehehehee.

:thumbup:

WillKuenzel
04-08-2003, 09:23 AM
*sees leg press drop set*

*has flash backs*

*cowers in corner*

Pup
04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the land of the excruciating leg press drop set...may your DOMS strike hard and last long :)

Maki Riddington
04-08-2003, 04:53 PM
And it has, although I did do them when I worked out with Eric last. Today I can barely walk in fear that my legs are going to cramp up. I also slpet a good 10 hours which could have been more but I would have been late for work.

Maki Riddington
04-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Day 309

*sigh* I'm shrinking and I hate it. I did some chest and biceps last night and afterwards I did 28 mins of cardio. My sleep was at about 8 hours with a 1 hour nap this afternoon.

Tonight I'm going to do hams, triceps and back. I've been neglecting my hams so I'm going to start doing standing hamstring curls.

That's all.

xraygirl
04-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Maki-san, it sounds like you fractured your navicular bone. It's the easiest one fractured in the wrist. Have you gotten it looked at yet?

Maki Riddington
04-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Uh, no I haven't. I know, I know, I should have, but I haven't. I hate going to the doctors office.:(

xraygirl
04-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Denial, not just a river in Egypt...get thee to a doctor young man!

Maki Riddington
04-14-2003, 05:43 PM
Day 314

I weighed in at 204.5 on Friday morning. My cardio has been off although I have been doing more HIIT style trainig, except I'm doing them running up hills. My eating is much cleaner now to.

I got fitted for my suit and picked out my groomsmen's suits as well this weekend and ordered our invitations. I need another job!

Legs tonights.

Maki Riddington
04-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Leg Press and leg extensions. Nothing special as I'm still a tad sore from last Monday's leg workout.

I slept a full 8 hours without waking up. Tonight I'm doing chest, biceps and hopefully cardio (running).

I've been taking 500 mg of Metformin post workout now and so far it seems to help me. I'm waking up hungry which I never do and it seems to be helping with my blood sugar levels. My dad's a diabetic so I'm worndering if I should get checked to see if I'm insulin resistant. It seems that when I take in a large amount of carbs I get fat. "Large" meaning more then 200 grams. As for the side effects, I get sudden bowel movement pangs which I have found must be taken care of immeadiately.

Other then that, my food is clean and I'm happy so far. Although my mom days I'm still fat. My friends however have commented on my thickness which is nice.

Saturday Fever
04-15-2003, 06:16 PM
You're gaining on such a small amount? What does your workout volume look like with regards to total sets in a session?

Maki Riddington
04-15-2003, 06:42 PM
I usually do 3 (sometimes 4) sets max for each muscle group. This is coming off a high volume routine where I was doing 12+ sets for each bodypart.

Saturday Fever
04-15-2003, 06:59 PM
It could just be your body adapted to burning calories at such a rate and is in "shock" that you're not killing it anymore. That's a really low amount of carbs to be gaining from, if the gains are coming quickly, that is.

Blood&Iron
04-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Leg Press and leg extensions. Nothing special as I'm still a tad sore from last Monday's leg workout.

I slept a full 8 hours without waking up. Tonight I'm doing chest, biceps and hopefully cardio (running).

I've been taking 500 mg of Metformin post workout now and so far it seems to help me. I'm waking up hungry which I never do and it seems to be helping with my blood sugar levels. My dad's a diabetic so I'm worndering if I should get checked to see if I'm insulin resistant. It seems that when I take in a large amount of carbs I get fat. "Large" meaning more then 200 grams. As for the side effects, I get sudden bowel movement pangs which I have found must be taken care of immeadiately.

Take all the drugs in the world, you'll still lose. It's that simple.

Other then that, my food is clean and I'm happy so far. Although my mom days I'm still fat.
Because you are.

Maki Riddington
04-15-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm at around 2100 cals now. It's still low, but my metabolism is super slow. I think I've done an overly good job at bringing it to a snails pace in the last 2.5 years.

Maki Riddington
04-16-2003, 05:31 PM

Take all the drugs in the world, you'll still lose. It's that simple.

*** I sense some jealousy.:p

Maki Riddington
04-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Day 316

I did my chest and biceps last night. It was short as I did 2 sets of chest presses and 1 set of cable crossovers. For biceps, I did sets of eazy bar curls.

Then I took my shake and poped my metformin (500mg). 30 mins later I hopped on the treadmill for a run. At about the 15 minute mark I began to feel very woozy and sleepy. I could tell that my blood sugar level was going down quickly so I stopped my run and slammed a gatorade. This helped. At the rate I was running at I would have done 4 k in 30 mins, not good but it's an improvement. I'll have to wait till after my training and cardio to pop my metformin then.

Tonight it's back, hams and triceps followed by cardio.

Blood&Iron
04-16-2003, 05:53 PM

*** I sense some jealousy.:p
Hardly.

There's no point to the contest if it doesn't push me to achieve something more than I've been able to previously. And the only way you're going to be able to do that is if you use massive amounts of drugs.

Otherwise, it's just too easy.

Maki Riddington
04-16-2003, 06:41 PM
But I'm not going to use massive amounts of drugs so you can start your worrying anytime.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-17-2003, 04:31 AM
B&I, you still have competition from a few others, including myself.

Maki, are you noticably leaner from using the metformin?

Maki Riddington
04-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Cd, it's too early to say.

Maki Riddington
04-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Day 317

Revamping my diet.

160 grams of protein
300 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

I hate mirrors, I do not know who to trust anymore. They all tell me something different. The same goes with pictures, I snapped some last night and was so disgusted by my appearance I quickly dumped them in the trash bin. My legs have no definition, my back looks flat and I have a gut. Then I did my workout tonight. Afterwards, I quickly took my shirt off in the bathroom for a sneak peak and was turned on by my manly muscles. Bah!!!

Gym's closed tomorrow, so I'll do some HIIT and call it a day.
My weigh in is on Saturday. Also, I'll be dropping my ALA intake to zero grams since I see no use in taking it unless I'm taking upwards of 4-5 grams. 1.5 grams a day of the racemic brand is not cutting it.

Blood&Iron
04-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Day 317

Revamping my diet.

160 grams of protein
300 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Here, just so you have a fighting chance, here's my scientifically-designed, super diet/training regime. It's guartanteed to help you lose up to 2lbs in 5 months:

Currently, my plan once I do restart dieting week is something like
Monday: HST workout
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: HST workout
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: HST workout
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Cardio

On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday:
Calories: 2150kcal
Carbs/Fiber: 175g/25g
Protein/Free Form Amino Acids: 170g/60g
Fat: 70g

On Thursday(until 5pm):
Calories: 975kcal
Carb/Fiber: 75g/10g
Protein/Free Form Amino Acids: 100g/10g
Fat: 35g

Thursday, beginning of refeed(5pm-10pm):
Calories: 2900
Carb/Fiber: 600g/20g
Protein: 100g
Fat: 15g

Then, Friday will be a refeed something like:
Calories: 3840kcal
Carbs/Fiber: 700g/??
Protein: 170g
Fat: 40g

Or I could give you Lyle's top-secret diet. But then I'd have to kill you.

Vido
04-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Day 317

Revamping my diet.

160 grams of protein
300 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

I thought you said your body couldn't handle carbs too well. What's the reasoning behind the new macro split?

Maki Riddington
04-18-2003, 11:33 AM
You're right Vido. However, I figured I'd give it one last shot, plus with HIIT, high reps and a lack of carbs I'm going to have a difficult time training. So, cross your fingers.

Onto something else, I think I might have messed up my left wrist. I did shoulders and afterwards as I was driving home it flared up. Now, this morning, my bone is tender, swollen a bit and I can't move my wrist. I'm going to the docs right now. I don't know how this could have happened? First my right (which much much better) and now my left which is killing me right now. I hope I didn't break it. I can't even type, I'm using my right hand right now.

Maki Riddington
04-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Day 318

Weighed in at 205.1

I skipped my HIIT workout yesterday due to the amount of pain I was in, in the morning, plus I was tiered so I took an afternoon nap.

I slpet 10.5 hours today and woke up cause I had to meet with a client. It took me 10 mins to get up and leave my place.

HIIT on the stair stepper today and some chest, biceps and abs. My wrist pain has dissapeared completely. I can't figure out what the problem is. I know it must be a ligament or tendon because the area where the tendon runs over the bone was inflamed.

Got to see my doc about this so I can get refernced to a sports med doc.

pagan058
04-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Try taking some celebrex for that wrist man....that what I did for my wrist....it hurts every now and then....especially when I am doin weighted dips or close grip bench..

BennettBoy
04-19-2003, 07:32 PM
I hate mirrors, I do not know who to trust anymore. They all tell me something different. The same goes with pictures, I snapped some last night and was so disgusted by my appearance I quickly dumped them in the trash bin. My legs have no definition, my back looks flat and I have a gut. Then I did my workout tonight. Afterwards, I quickly took my shirt off in the bathroom for a sneak peak and was turned on by my manly muscles. Bah!!!

LOL, it seems every mirror has the ability to give you a different look. And I hear ya on the picture deal. I end up deleting most the ones I take they suck so bad.

Keep on sticking with the cut Maki......your doing great. You still going to do that marathon with your mom?

And I'm having wrist issues too right now. It sucks. I might try that celebrex. I just can't afford any time off right now.

Maki Riddington
04-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Day 320

Well, I've stopped the ALA and I've been taking the metformin on a regular basis (500 mg) everynight after my workout. My fiance sees a improvement but I still see a fat ass. I'm really not impressed with myself right now.

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am and went to the gym and did 22 mins of cardio, then went home and went back to sleep for another 4 hours.

Tonight I'll be doing legs and shoulders.

xraygirl
04-21-2003, 07:26 PM
And what did the doc say about your wrist?

Maki Riddington
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
:angel: What wrist, it's fine.

xraygirl
04-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Please. Who are you kidding boyo???

BennettBoy
04-22-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm really not impressed with myself right now.

Alright, that's enough of that kind of attitude. tuttut

You WILL cut and You WILL look great for your wedding pictures and wedding. :)

Keep pluggin' away at it. You're getting closer to your goal every day.

Maki Riddington
04-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Bored. Will get a horrible front shot in a bit (couple days) when I get new batteries.

mstar
04-23-2003, 11:09 AM
maki u look awesome Lats look good just keep up the cutting u gonna look the business on ur wedding :)

Maki Riddington
04-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Day 322

I'm super tiered for some reason. I slept for 10.5 hours today and it still wasn't enough sleep. I was supposed to do cardio this morning but skipped out on it because I was extremely tiered. I think I'm gonna pass on it tonight as well, get a quick workout in and go straight to bed when I get home tonight. This way I can get up early for cardio tomorrow morning.

Back and biceps tonight.

heathj
04-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Suck it up fatty. Have a positive attitude! You still won't look as sexy as me, but then, who does? ;)

And it's 'tired'..f*cking Canucks...

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Your delts look wicked there, Maki.

Sure, your midsection looks a bit "blocky", but solid dieting can remedy that in time. Once it does, your lats will look wicked.

Maki Riddington
04-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Thansk CD, I'm working on the widening my delts so the illusion of being wider is apparent. I've been doing one day of shoulder presses and another day of machine lateral raises (atlantis equipment) But this damn midsection has to go.

Silverback
04-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Im with CD, your delts looked magnifico!

When you do cut your going to posess one mean V-Taper, congrats on the hardwork big guy :thumbup:

B-R

Maki Riddington
04-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Day 324

I weighed in at 207.5 this morning. I attribute this to a big meal I had at a Greelk resteraunt downtown called 'Stepho's.' I love greek food and this place is always packed, that's cause the servings are huge and cheap. Mmmmm, I have some lamb chops, greek salad, roast potatoes and kalimari left over.

I have my 10 km race this Sunday, so I'm going to start my carb up on Saturday for the race. After the race I'm going to carb up again. I figure I should pack on a good 5 pounds putting me at 212. I'll weigh in on Monday morning again. I'm going to be so sore I don't think the word "leg workout" will be used for awhile.

I got to get ridc of my kittens by this weekend, they're ****ting up a storm in the apartment. And it's almost impossible to get a good nights sleep. Other then that, I'm gonna go home work on some stuff and take a big ass nap. Canucks play tonight! Go Canucks!!!!!!

flexn
04-26-2003, 02:35 AM
wow maki your bald now

Maki Riddington
04-28-2003, 08:53 AM
Day 327

I weighed in at 210 this morning but it's all due to water retention though. My race yesterday was pure and utter toture. I will never run another 10 km race again in my life. My lower body is fried, no legs for at least two weeks. I'm gonna take this time off and blast my upper body to the max this next two weeks. Also, no cardio either for a week so I can recover.

The only highlight of the race was when a fairly cute lady commented on how I had a nice set of arms.

WillKuenzel
04-28-2003, 09:04 AM
At least you finished the race. That's more than I could hope to accomplish.

Your delts and back have definitely come up from the last back pic you posted. Its awesome to see the front delts from the back like that.

YoBrickWall
04-29-2003, 11:54 AM
yo maki r.- looks good in here. keep it up.

ybw

Maki Riddington
04-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Day 328

Well I'm done my "fat supplement" and I'm happy so far. Now I'm starting to use a regular fat burner.

The contents per pill are:
Ma Huang: 350 mg
Kola Nut: 350 mg
Chromium Picolinate: 200 mcg
White Willow: 25mg

I'll be taking 2 pill per day. This stuff is potent. So much so, that I usually puke if I take 2 at a time.

I took a night off of work last night and sat on teh couch which was nice. Tonight it's chest and shoulders. I gotta start tanning soon.