PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Slowly

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Blood&Iron
04-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington

I'll be taking 2 pill per day. This stuff is potent. So much so, that I usually puke if I take 2 at a time.

That's cuz you're a pussy.

Ready to admit defeat yet?

Maki Riddington
04-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Not yet.

Maki Riddington
04-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Well it looks like I finally got the green light to get a tattoo. My buddy was over this evening and convinced my fiance that I should get one. So I'll be getting my name in Japanese done.

Thisis my buddies tat. The shot is pretty bad but you get the idea.

Manveet
04-30-2003, 12:53 AM
Sweet. I've always wanted to get ink done. Don't know if I ever will. I'm sure after you get this one you'll want to get more.

Vido
04-30-2003, 01:14 AM
Tats have a negative impact on muscle growth tuttut .

Maki Riddington
04-30-2003, 01:22 AM
You're kidding right?

Maki Riddington
04-30-2003, 03:18 AM
Ok, so this will be last shot until July 1st. I don't think I've ever posted a front relaxed shot but here goes. Ughhhhhhhhh.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-30-2003, 06:25 AM
Your chest has a really nice shape, Maki. Once you get leaner it's really gonna be a strong point.

BennettBoy
04-30-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Your chest has a really nice shape, Maki. Once you get leaner it's really gonna be a strong point.

:withstupi

Blood&Iron
04-30-2003, 09:01 AM
You're kidding right?
No, he isn't

There's at least one study, I think, that looked at this.

Maki Riddington
04-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Lol and my chest was a weak point. I guess my hard work has paid off, although it's not where I want it, at least it's much better now. I'm not flexing my abs there. So I figure I'm around 15-16%. I should be getting tested this Sunday.

I'm not happy but I have to remember that 'm doing a slow cut and I want to stay around 200. So I'm on track right now.

Thanks for the kind words.

Blood, did the study say by what mechanism getting a small tatto would hinder muscle growth? That I'm curious to here about. I vaugely remember hearing about this but I never really took it serious as I lumped it into the category where all the off the wall studies hangs out.

Vido
04-30-2003, 12:10 PM
No, I wasn't kidding Maki, I've read about it on a couple of different occasions I believe, but the details are cloudy. That being said, whether the studies done were accurate or not, I would certainly not let them be the deciding factor in choosing to get a tattoo or not, and I'm sure you won't.

Maki Riddington
04-30-2003, 12:13 PM
No I won't, because it woud be stupid to think that a bit of ink is going to take away from me reaching 250 pounds.:D

WillKuenzel
04-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Dorian had tattoos on his forearms. I've been to several show recently where some of the competitors have had tattoos. I would imagine the impact would not be that great and after the first initial healing period it wouldn't make any difference. That's just my own personal speculation but who knows.

ectx
04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Congrats on the 10K. It's just the right distance. 5 K's are for pansies and marathons are for freaks. 10K's are just right. What was your time?

Nice backshot btw.

Vido
04-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ectx
Congrats on the 10K. It's just the right distance. 5 K's are for pansies and marathons are for freaks. 10K's are just right. What was your time?

Nice backshot btw.

Yikes, what would you call someone who couldn't even run a 5K? :D

ectx
04-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Vido

Yikes, what would you call someone who couldn't even run a 5K? :D

Mystic Eric.

:D

Manveet
04-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Your upper body looks very good for a relaxed pic.

It's just my opinion, but I think your biggest goal should be getting rid of that belly fat and really work on tightening up the waistline. I think if you can take care of that, the rest of your body will fall into place. Good luck.

Maki Riddington
04-30-2003, 05:13 PM
ectx: Let's just say that my 61 year old mom beat me.:redface:

Manveet: Agreed, I'm going to get rid of the belly if it kills me. So next time I bulk I won't have to worry as much when it comes to dieting down.

Maki Riddington
05-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Day 332

Weighed in at 204 Friday morning.

It seems that I'm not getting in enough carbs so I've embarked on a 24 hour carb up. The past two weeks I've burnt out around my 3rd set on each muscle group. It feels like I'm on a keto diet so I know my carbs are not high enough. Once my cardio starts up again I'll boost my carbs up but because I haven't been doing cardio I've decided to keep em low.

No workout yesterday, today or tomorrow. I slept 11 hours so I know I'm tierd, plus my allergies are killing me. To make things worse, I almost lost my fiances (Cat) kitten in the car. She wanted to take her kitten (Neko) to her friends house so Neko could play with her brother (Chico) whom we gave to her friend. Well, I decided to take her myself and put her in the car. Unfortunately she decided to climb in the dashboard before I could stop her. Now, Cat is really sensitive so when I told her she started crying right way.:mad: She said I killed her etc and that she's probably dead now. To make matters worse I couldn't start the car to go to work (which I was late for by now because Cat always takes her sweet time getting ready). So, I got Asa (the mom) and brought her to the car and put her in, hoping she'd bring Neko out of the dashboard. Well it worked, after 15 mins of waiting and putting up with my fiances bitching.

Lesson learned: Don't mess with Cat's pussy. If you touch it without her permission she bicthes and crys.

Maki Riddington
05-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Day 335

Not much of an update. I seem to be leaner, now that I've stopped using my fat supplement. It's been two weeks since I've done any cardio and I'm looking and feeling a lot leaner.

I attribute this to a couple things. It's either been because of my "Therma Lean" I'm taking or the Metformin.

I had a lousy leg workout last night. tonight I gotta do calves, shoulders and chest. My cardio sessions will start up again tomorrow morning.

Mystic Eric
05-07-2003, 08:58 PM
DIET PLAN

03/05/07

Cals Total: ~3400

Ratio: 40/30/30

Carbs: 1360 Cals. 340g

Protein: 1020 Cals. 255g

Fat: 1020 Cals. 113g

Meal 1:

1.5 Scoops Protein, Protein: 33g
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 4.5g
Cals: 165

2 Tbl Spoon Flax, Fat: 29g
Cals: 270

2 Cups Milk, Protein: 17g
Fat: 10g
Carb: 24g
Cals: 258

Meal 2:

1 Can Tuna, Protein: 30g
Cals: 140

2 Cups Milk, Protein: 17g
Fat: 10g
Carb: 24g
Cals: 258

1 Tbl. Spoon Olive Oil Fat: 14g
Cals: 120

Mixed Lettuce

Meal 3:

1 Scoop Protein, Protein: 22g
Fat: 1.5 g
Carbs: 3g
Cals: 110

1 Multi-Vitamin

1 Quest Super C Anti Oxidant

Meal 4:

2.5 Scoops Protein Protein: 55g
Fat: 3g
Carb: 6g
Cals: 275

Meal 5:

1 Scoop Protein, Protein: 22g
Fat: 1.5 g
Carbs: 3g
Cals: 110

1 Tbl Spoon Flax, Fat: 15g
Cals: 135

Totals:

Protein: 256g
Fat: 112g

PowerManDL
05-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey! Only ONE Asian per journal!

RG570
05-07-2003, 09:14 PM
.....death????

MrWebb78
05-08-2003, 12:41 AM
i see your boobies!

Maki Riddington
05-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
i see your boobies!

*** That means so much to me. Thank you. *sniff sniff*

Maki Riddington
05-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Day 337

I weighed in at 205.5 this morning. I don't look like I'm 205.5 though, more like 190 if that....

I've started up my "C" again. I also will start taking caffine with it as theoretically it seems that it should increase the thermogenic effect I started with a quarter tab yesterday and it nearly knocked me out. I was so tiered I ended up taking a 2 hour nap which wasn't long enough as I had to get up and go to work.

I'll be devising a plan that will revolve around me taking CC and EC on the same day. I also will be looking at taking this 24 hours a day which means I will be taking it duirng the night as I sleep. If I can take it during the night I should see an increased effect. So, this weekend I'll be experimenting with it during the night as I can afford to lose some sleep if I mess up.

I'd love to hear any comments on this. I may post this in the supplement section if no one responds.

On another note, I'm thinking about getting my ears pierced. I'm looking at getting two diamond (bling, bling) studs in my ears. I'm also going to get my tattoo design drawn up this weekend.

Hopefully I can another one in the future.:angel:

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-09-2003, 10:27 AM
I'll be using "C" in a few weeks, and i'll be using caffiene synergistically also.

By the way, the "C" half life is like 30 hours, so there's not much point taking E at the same time.

Not to mention your beta adrenoreceptors will be taking a beating from the "C" anyway, nevermind further beatings from E via adrenalin/noradrenalin.

Maki Riddington
05-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I'll be using "C" in a few weeks, and i'll be using caffiene synergistically also.

By the way, the "C" half life is like 30 hours, so there's not much point taking E at the same time.

Not to mention your beta adrenoreceptors will be taking a beating from the "C" anyway, nevermind further beatings from E via adrenalin/noradrenalin.

*** That is why I wanted to experiment with my dosages slowly.... so I don't fry my circuits.:) Also, because I am taking Keto with my C I won't be experiencing any beta-2 receptor desensitization. So, keeping this in with my EC would make it a more potent stack, would it not?

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Not sure - mainly because of the C half life.

Does keto totally prevent b-2 downregulation, or does it just prolong the effect (ultimately leading to the same fate)? I don't know enough about the compound.

End of the day, you can try it, but if you don't feel any addition jittery effects from the EC after a dose or two, you shouldn't expect it to be doing much.

One thing you may wish to try, is using clen with low doses of yohimbine, for some a-2 receptor agonism. Real low doses though. Like 5-10mg/day.

Maki Riddington
05-09-2003, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
[B]Not sure - mainly because of the C half life.

*** Hence my idea of taking it 24 hours round the clock. This will take some experimentation so I'm not wide awake at 3 in the morning.

Does keto totally prevent b-2 downregulation, or does it just prolong the effect (ultimately leading to the same fate)? I don't know enough about the compound.

*** It allows for the upregulation of the beta-2 receptors.
So far in my search to educate myself it seems that this is what it has been shown to do.

Maki Riddington
05-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Day 340

I'v been taking my EC upon waking and my CC in the afternoon. Some days i'll switch it around. I've noticed though, that I'm feeling the effects much longer then if I had just taken one of these supps through out the day. My hearts still beating fairly rapidly when I go to bed. I haven't bothered taking it at night since I've been sleeping rather soundly lately.

I have to start my cardio tonight. My goal today is to do some biceps, triceps and chest and then walk on an incline (treadmill) for 30 minutes.

Maki Riddington
05-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Day 341

Nothing new to tell really. I gotta do legs and shoulders tonight followed by some cardio. I didn't do my cardio last night.

Maki Riddington
05-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Day 342

I skipped my cardio last night since I was not in a pleasant mood. Planning things (such as my stag) can be such a pain in the arse.
Why do people always have to make things difficult? Anyways, the wedding stuff is becoming increasingly stressful as the date approaches. Training is the last thing on my mind right now.

I did my 20 mins cardio this morning and will attempt a workout tonight followed by some walking on the treadmill.

Maki Riddington
05-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Day 344

Weight: 199.7

After a long week of work (I'm still working) and low calories. I've managed to drop 5 pounds. How much of that is muscle I do not know. I've been rotating my EC and CC dosages and I've found that the CC does not effect me all that much as does the EC. I think it's because the Super C is bunk in comparison to EC. The again Icould be saying this because I like the feeling I get from taking EC. Next time I'm just going to go back to using regular C.

So far this week I've done one cardio session. I hope to do some HIIT today and on Sunday. Now it may be useless since I'll be carbing up for 72 hours starting today. I still need the cardiovascular exercise though.

I won't be working out this weekend. I'm gonna hold off this weekend and rest and eat my brains out. Of course I'm going to keep it as low fat as possible and use roughly 2-3 grams of ALA per day and 1 gram of Glucophage.

I should start tanning soon and trimming my body hair as well. Right now I'm a pasty mess with a forest growing on my lower body.

Maki Riddington
05-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Day 348

Weight as of today was 205. That is one day after my carb up as it ended Sunday night.

I carbed up for 3 days. I should have only carbed up for 2 days. I was looking good on day two and flat on day 3. Now I know and knowing is half the battle. Ok, that was teh gay. Anyways, I'm gonna hit the weights with a vengance tonight. I'm hungry for iron. It's been awhile since I've thrown some hardcore weight around. Ya I'm tough!!! So tonight I will make the weights my biatch.

I stopped the Ec and started taking CC instead. Man I miss the EC. Oh well. So tonights work out looks like this. Chest, biceps and cardio.

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-21-2003, 06:30 AM
Are you noticing visible differences from the "C"?

Maki Riddington
05-21-2003, 10:27 AM
I don't know to be honest. I really believe that the differences I notice in my self are due to my dietary changes I make.

I'm gonna take this stuff for 2 weeks straight, to see if I can notice any changes. I mean I'm leaner, but not a whole bunch. My pictures are coming out making me look extremely, watery and flat. Plus I'm pasty white so that doesn't help. Once I get a tan I think I'll be happier with my progress.

Maki Riddington
05-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Weddings suck!!!!!!!!!!

galileo
05-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Funerals suck worse. Plus there's no reception.

Maki Riddington
05-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Really? All the funerals I've been to have had good food and lots of drink.

Maki Riddington
05-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Day 351

I weighed in at 203.3 this morning.

My chest is still sore from Tuesday's workout and legs are aching from Wednesday's workout. Today I shall conquer my arms.

Other than the Dairy Queen Pecan Parfait I had last night (I popped 1 gram of ALA and 500 mg of Glucophage before the treat) My diet is going good.

galileo
05-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Hey Maki, has metformin causes you any uncomfortable feelings in your feet or hands? My feet are tingly and my hand starts to fall asleep fairly easily. I can't attribute it to much else.

Maki Riddington
05-23-2003, 12:32 PM
I've suffered nil side effects from the metformin. But, my dosage is only 500 mg a day.

galileo
05-23-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm taking 850, but I'm not sure why the painful feet. It feels like I've been walking on them all day. I'm not sure what to think.

Maki Riddington
05-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Day 354

Not much to report here. My chest was still sore on Saturday from my Monday workout. Some of the "big boyz" were in so I decided to work it again. All in all, I had a good chest and shoulder workout so I was happy.

On Sunday we went shopping across the border. At the mall I decided to give the new "U Turn" bar a go, so I bought one. That bar is one of the worst tasting bars I've ever had. I actually felt sick to my stomach after the first bite. I ended up giving it to my fiance who actually liked it. I'm gonna stick to the Detours from now on. I ended up bying a "Sean John" t-shirt and a tank top.
Now all I need are some nice timbalands, some shorts and some other t-shirts. I also almost got my ears piereced. I'll do that here though. I'm gonna get 2 5mm studs put in.

Looking ahead, I've started to stock up for my bulking phase already which should start in September. So far I've purchased some dextrose. I bought 25 pounds of dextrose for 15 dollars.

I can get most supps at cost now because this guy at the gym works at this supps store. He's a cool guy so it was very nice of him to offer. So with this in mind I'm gonna be buying some creatine and glutamine in bulk. I figure that i should be able to get 600 grams of Glutamine for about 25-30 dollars. So I'll be getting about 2400 grams. I've ordered some Ketofin and Glucophage already as well. I'm also wonerding if I should bother with the Vit B12 shots. I don't want my appetite to hold me back on this bulk phase so anything that gives me a kick in terms of increasing my appetite will help. I'm also going to have to look at getting some potent antioxidant and multi vit as well.

Manveet
05-26-2003, 11:04 AM
I liked the U-turn bars, tasted just like a Milky way.

That's a good deal on the dextrose, but I still think it's cheaper to buy from Save on Foods, it's like .29 cents per pound. However, I don't know the quality of that stuff compared to what your probably buying.

Maki Riddington
05-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Are you sure it's 29 cents per pound? That's extremely cheap.

U Turn= poo awful

Manveet
05-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Yes it is Maki, I buy it from the bulk food section. Take a look next time you're at Save on Foods.

Maki Riddington
05-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Day 355

I did my back and biceps last night. I trained a client and then did 20 minutes of cardio. Tonight it's triceps, shoulders and calves followed by another 20 mins of cardio.

Cutting sucks. I just don't see any progress.

Maki Riddington
05-30-2003, 10:24 AM
Day 358

Weight: 202

Wow! It's been more then one year since I started this journal. Looking back, I started my cut at 220 at probably 22%+ (I estimated my bodyfat to be to low at that time).

I'm now about 202 at 14%. I hope I'm lower but to be on the safe side lets keep it at this percent. This year I've managed to
gain about 3 pounds while losing about 20 pounds of bodyweight.

Next year I hope to be 220 but at about 15% when I start my cut.

heathj
05-30-2003, 02:31 PM
I wanna be about 270 @ 10% bodyfat when I cut next year :p

Cut looking good though, keep it up.

Maki Riddington
06-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Day 362

I don't have much to say and I doubt I will as the wedding draws near. I'm too busy planning the wedding and getting the content ready for this site and for the other stuff I'm doing.

I won't be posting any pictures and I'll be locking my journal now.
I think I'm done with posting a journal for now. I'm going to start my bulk in either August or september depending on what my fat loss progress is like. If it's quick and I get down to 190 then I'll start in August, if not, then in June. There won't be any journal for that either.

Otherwise, this is it.

the doc
06-03-2003, 07:52 PM
*shoots journal and gives it a proper burial*

Blood&Iron
06-04-2003, 08:23 AM
You lose

Maki Riddington
06-04-2003, 10:29 AM
No, I don't. I just won't post the pics on the site. I'll be more then happy to email you the pictures when the time comes. But I have no interest in posting a journal or my pics on the internet, period.

So, let me say that......... you will lose!

Maki Riddington
11-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Damn it, I'm weak. I said I wasn't going to start up another journal, but I have.

Current weight:199
Bodyfat: 17.2% says the Tanita scale.

Workout: None of your business
Diet: I already have another journal I track my cals in.

Goal: 200 by December 20th
BF: 15% according to the Tanita scale.

I will be using Thermocin and Ephedrine as a fat burner. My calories were around 2600 cals on avergae but I've gained too much weight too quickly. I'm gonna cut back to 2200 cals for now.

Ok, so tomorrow I'm supposed to do quads and biceps. Fun stuff!

rookiebldr
11-09-2003, 10:15 PM
I thought you were... mmmm... bulking?

I guess we'll see over time what the workout is. Good luck Maki.

JuniorMint6669
11-09-2003, 10:16 PM
ok, i wont read, but goodluck anyways ;)

Dedicated
11-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Goodluck.

Nice title btw, it made me click on the thread immediately I don't know why LOL:)

Maki Riddington
11-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
I thought you were... mmmm... bulking?

I guess we'll see over time what the workout is. Good luck Maki.

*** I will, but I just need to cut back on my cals for now. I gained way too much weight far too quickly. I have a snails metabolism.

Btw, what the hell are you reading my journal for? There were specific instructions not to enter!!!!

heathj
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
What up sluuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Good luck with the goal, fatty.

*My eyes are closed, I am reading it by braile.

EdgeCrusher
11-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Good luck on the cut.

Scott S
11-09-2003, 11:50 PM
Oops!

While I'm here, good luck on gaining one pound.

So if you're tracking your diet elsewhere and don't want to post your workouts either, what is the point of this journal? So everyone can watch your weight fluctuate with you?

Oh, I get it. We're not supposed to. Nevermind.

WillKuenzel
11-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Not that I'm reading this or anything :p ...
but what's your split? Quads and bi's? Sounds interesting. :)

cphafner
11-10-2003, 07:44 AM
good luck Maki. Damn I wish I could gain weight on 2200 cals.

Maki Riddington
11-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Homey, I'm doing biceps tonight because I was way too tiered to do them on Saturday with my shoulders. So now they get lumped in with my Quads.

Maki Riddington
11-10-2003, 11:57 PM
Well, it turned out that I worked my biceps and chest instead, with a quick deadlift thrown in.

I was super sore from my deadlifts from a week and half ago so I decided to test how recovered I was.

315x1
405x2
315x6

I still need some more time.

I ended up super setting my biceps with my chest and did a total of 5 sets each.

I cheated, I had ice cream and caramal syrup tonight after having some chicken, potatoes and corn. Damn it!

Stephen Riddington
11-11-2003, 01:55 AM
You're weak... me strong...

mstar
11-13-2003, 09:24 AM
great maki nice to know u started ur journal again!! i enjoyed the last one u did with ur wedding approaching! keep up the good work....let us know how u get on with ephedrine! is that the first time u taken that???

Maki Riddington
11-13-2003, 08:30 PM
No, I've been taking the stuff for about 6 months now.

Maki Riddington
11-15-2003, 06:10 PM
I weighed in on Friday at 200 solid. It's funny, in a span of 1 month I've gone from 190 to 200. A 10 pound increase which was due to my dieting. Call it a rebound response or whatever but I've found that this method really works well.

Going from a either a severe caloric deficit or an extended period of dieting to a period of over eating and an increase in volume and loads lifted and voila, you have a perfect recipe for muscle growth.

I took some pictures yesterday but I'm not happy at all with my front relaxed shots. I have the worst front physique and have decided not to post the pictures I had taken. My chest is one stubborn biatch that just refuses to grow, although I have made progress it's just not to my liking.

I took the typical flared lat shot, quad shot and a front relaxed which shows my pot belly and how flat I look. It's weird how in some pictures my arms look fine and in others they look horrible. My biceps, triceps and chest are my weakest points on my body and has been the source of why I have not competed yet.

On another note, I watched a great movie last night called "Rabbit Proof Fence." It's based on a true story.
I also watched 1984 which is a horrible movie. It was so boring and failed to capture the true message the novel conveyed.

Maki Riddington
11-16-2003, 06:34 PM
I worked shoulders, traps and biceps last night and as a result slept 11 hours.

One of the guys I was working out with started cracking up when he saw me do my shrugs. Apparently he has never seen a speed shrug performed before. Actually, all I was really doing was starting from a hang clean position and then shrugging up quickly while pushing my hips out and rasiing up onto my toes. To a newbie I look like a complete wacko doing this movement.

Tomorrow it's quads and triceps.

ChampionLifter8
11-16-2003, 06:46 PM
nice job on journal keep up the good work

Maki Riddington
11-18-2003, 01:20 AM
My lower back is royally screwed!!!!!!!!!

It's killing me, I couldn't do squats and my last set of leg presses created a lower back spasm. My tricep workout consisted of 3 sets of extensions and two mini cable pressdown drop sets.

I did however have a great post workout dinner. I had chicken stir fry on rice and bowl of rolo ice cream and a mandarine orange.

WillKuenzel
11-18-2003, 01:35 AM
Will we be seeing any of these photos you took?

...and what did you do to your back?

heathj
11-18-2003, 04:09 AM
rice...i love chicken and rice. Rolo ice cream, what the hell is that? Hope the cut is going well.

Maki Riddington
11-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Will we be seeing any of these photos you took?

*** Never.

Well, maybe I'll post them when I work up the courage. It seems that I look worse now then when I was fatter???? I was looking over my pics and my legs and arms are much smaller in comparison, but that's because I've lost a good 2 inches off my legs and an inch off my arms. I'm pretty sure I've lost some muscle in the process of dieting. I dunno, I just don't know.

It becomes a pain when I analyze my body. I'm better off lifting and leaving it at that. I think that's why I may never compete even though I want to. I'm never satisfied with anything I do. If I score three goals in a game, get an "A" on a test, or make a client happy it makes no difference. It's just not good enough. Deep down I know I can do better.

and what did you do to your back?

*** Ever since my 4th car accident I've had lower back problems and it's been plauging me ever since. The Docs have said it's soft tissue damage which means it may never heal. Fast forward 5 years and I'm still suffering.

I woke up this morning and I almost didn't go to work I was hurting so much. Thanks to Motrin I made it to work.

Maki Riddington
11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by heathj
rice...i love chicken and rice. Rolo ice cream, what the hell is that? Hope the cut is going well.

*** It's called a post workout meal. :cool:

midee1
11-18-2003, 07:16 PM
:p

I read it anyway. Best of luck.

Maki Riddington
11-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Weighed in at 201 this morning.

I'm pretty tiered after a back, hamstring and tricep workout. I did 8 sets of rows for my back, 5 sets for my triceps and 3 sets for my hamstrings. My back feels much better and I was tempted to deadlift but I didn't. 1 point for self discipline.

Other then that, I think today I will be eating quite a bit since my cals have been quite low this past week. I've been zig zagging my cals but I've zig zagged too low (2100-1600). So, today I'll be gorging myself on some quality food. My wife cooked up some lamb chops and rice last night so I have to polish that off (the meat just melts off the bone......mmmmmmmmm) and I'll have a couple shakes and then we're having guests over for dinner and I'll be preparing a seafood stir fry (jumbo prawns, scallops and salmon) followed by some cheese cake. I should be hovering around the neighborhood of about 3000-3500 calories today.

So now, I must get down to finishing the first WBB book review and then I'm gonna take a nap, pay somebills and start cooking.

Maki Riddington
11-22-2003, 09:35 PM
I am a master chef. The wife made some bruschetta for the appies while I cooked up some red, green and yellow peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, onions, and carrots for the stir fry. Once they were cooked I proceeded to fry up the scallops and prawns in some butter and threw in some minced garlic and some ginger. Once they were cooked I took the bonless salmon I had marinating in soya sauce and lemon juice and threw it in the wok with some butter, minced garlic and a tad of ginger.

Perfection.

After my victorious dinner I was rewarded with a horrible stomach ache which drained me. It was most likely to the fruit flan I had eaten. I woke up feeling super tiered. I've been sipping on my Gatorade all day today and have eaten twice so far.

Tonight I will be working out my biceps, shoulders and traps.

I weighed in at 204 today.

Maki Riddington
11-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Oh my aching back. I hurt the right side this time. I should have known better to do standing barbell shoulder presses. On a brighter note, I rented the whole second season of CSI. So, that's been taking my time up rather nicely this weekend. Only 15 hours left to watch.

Today I decided to measure my bodyfat, damn the tanita scale, it now measured me today at 18.1%. I don't buy that, but I guess I have to.

Yesterdays pig out went well.

I ate:

3 hamburgers
1 small fry
Drank 7 liters of Gatorade
1 bowl of rolo ice cream
1 bowl of sea food stir fry
7 bruchetta
5 pieces of sushi
10 mini cake doughnuts

My carb intake should have been over 700 grams. I could have eaten more however, I was too sick from the night before to pack a lunch and dinner.

Anyways, tonight I'm gonna have some pasta and I'll cut my cals back down starting tomorrow.

PowerManDL
11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Maki come cook me dinner

Maki Riddington
11-23-2003, 10:20 PM
No.

PowerManDL
11-23-2003, 10:36 PM
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Maki Riddington
11-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Badger, badger, badger, badger, MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like "Lard Man". He's uber cool.

Maki Riddington
11-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Oh my aching right trap. I must have strained it in my sleep. I could barely move my neck today. Plus my back is still bugging me, but that didn't stop me from training my arms for a solid 70 minutes tonight.

My cals have been low today which is good. I skipped quads today because of my back. Hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow.

rookiebldr
11-24-2003, 11:37 PM
So much for low volume, curl jockey. ;)

Maki Riddington
11-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Actually Rook, when you work out with meatheads, they typically don't like following a set program. That's why I can never follow what I've outlined for myself when I work out with some of the guys in the gym. I figure once in awhile some high volume workouts won't hurt, actually they'll do me some good.

My arms are pumped today and my cals are low so far today which I don't mind.

Saint Patrick
11-25-2003, 07:16 PM
did you ever pick out a name for your business?

Stephen Riddington
11-26-2003, 01:06 PM
What business???

Maki Riddington
11-26-2003, 05:33 PM
A personal training business which I need to sit down and organize. Right now I'm busy. However the name that's grown on me is, "Elite Condition."

Maki Riddington
11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
I just wanted to post this in my journal. As some of you know, I'm a mod at another forum which is an a steroid related site. I was given my own forum there and the owner was and has been very good to me.

Well, as it happened, I logged on today and checked the forums to see what was going on. To my dismay, I was greeted with a thread that said the owner had passed away due to a drug overdose. I was very shocked to say the least and am saddened by his passing. This is now the third member of this site to pass away from a drug overdose.

Stephen Riddington
11-26-2003, 11:40 PM
Damn, that sucks to hear. Can you really overdose on 'juice' ?

Maki Riddington
11-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Yes you can, however it wasn't due to "juice."

Maki Riddington
11-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Ok, after some thinking I've come to the conclusion that I've mixed my goals up a bit It's winter, I should be bulking. At my current rate I'll end up bulking next summer if I cut right now.

So, bulking it is, I'm back on the bulking bandwagon. I will bulk until Febuary 9th 2004 which is my birthday. Then I will start putting together a cutting program.

My goal is to hit 210, although 220 would be nice. I'm gonna weigh in tommorrow so I can accurately asess (sp?) what my goal should be.

Maki Riddington
11-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Weighed in at 202 this morning. Let the bulking times begin.

Maki Riddington
11-28-2003, 05:32 PM
I just woke up from a nice 3 hour nap since I was up this morning at 6 to start work. After work I got a quad work out in finally. Because I'm so cautious about my back right now, I ended up doing quarter leg presses. I never thought the day would come where I would be doing them. I so ashamed right now.

Anyways, a funny thing happened today at the gym. My boss was explaining to me what he wanted done while I was on my shift. One of them being that the recumbent bikes need to be in a certain position so they can be wheel chair accessable. Well it just happens that he was telling me that there was some lady who kept moving the bikes, so much so that they were facing the wrong direction and screwing up the cardio equipment lay out. As we were walking away a chinese lady started moving the bikes so that the recumbent bike she was going to use was in a certain position. I started watching her and smiling to myself since I knew what was going on. My boss was busy explaing some other stuff to me, which I was not paying attention to (rude of me, yes).
Finally I motioned to my boss so he could see what was happening. After telling the lady that she can't do that and moving the bikes back into the right position he came back to me.
Now here's the funny part. I guess she had some kind of compulsive obsessive disorder because she started petting the bike like it was a kitten. She looked back at us to see if we were watching (which we were) and just stood in front of the bike. I figured she was waiting for us to leave so she could move the bike back. Well, my boss didn't move, she didn't either. She stood there for 45 minutes stroking the bike and staring at it. Weird, I think so, nuts, maybe.

I did my workout and came home. Now I'm gonna go back to the gym and work my back, hams and shoulders. Other then that, my life is the same old same old. I'll update again when I get home tonight.

Stephen Riddington
11-28-2003, 06:03 PM
LOL, that's funny. I bet Catherine will get a kick out of this.

Maki Riddington
11-29-2003, 08:08 PM
I was up at 5 am this morning so I'm pretty tiered. My quad workout yesterday drained me more then I expected, so, my back, shoulder and ham workout was short and sweet. My hams are sore today which is a nice change of pace since they never seem to get sore.

I decided to also add my Glucophage back in since I have about 500 tabs sitting around the apartment. I took 1000mg yesterday and I'll be starting off with 500mg post workout and working up to 1500mg a day. When I first started them awhile back I was fine, then I stopped. When I started up again I started to get the runs. I hope this time I don't get them. We'll see.

Tonight, I'm gonna do some arms and some shoulders since my shoulder workout last night was weak. I was supposed to go out for wings and beer tonight, but I won't be anymore. I'm kinda bummed but what can ya do.

Maki Riddington
11-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Three words, tiered. I slept 11 hours last night and my body is so sore!

cphafner
12-01-2003, 09:45 AM
damn that was a funny story! sorry to hear about the site owner

Maki Riddington
12-01-2003, 05:25 PM
So far I'm run free from the Glucophage. Tonight I'm gonna do some quads and a little chest.

My workout will go like this:

Leg press 5x8
Cable crossover 4x15

The end.

For those of you are bored check this link out. Test to see how big a pervert you are. Oh ya, turn the speakers up.

***Warning*** It's not work safe.

http://www.zipperfish.com/free/quiz/likejailbait.html

Stephen Riddington
12-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Mac, that link was a thread about a month ago. I failed big time.:hide:

Maki Riddington
12-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by CanadianHomer
Mac, that link was a thread about a month ago. I failed big time.:hide:

*** It just goes to show how much I check the GC forum. Oh well.

Manveet
12-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Have you been doing a lot of pressing movements for you're chest lately Maki? Or has it mostly been isolation type work?

Maki Riddington
12-01-2003, 09:35 PM
I've been doing pressing work, but not a whole lot. Because my volume is low I can get a way with a second workout without it putting a damper on my actual chest day.

Manveet
12-01-2003, 09:38 PM
I see. I was wondering if maybe you've switched over to some more isolation type movements in order to get you're stubborn chest to grow.

Maki Riddington
12-01-2003, 09:46 PM
I agree, I think I will spend both chest sessions performing isolation work from now on. Thanks!:)

Manveet
12-01-2003, 10:03 PM
I agree, I think I will spend both chest sessions performing isolation work from now on. Thanks!:)

:confused: :confused:

Maki Riddington
12-01-2003, 10:24 PM
Lol, sorry. I thought you were suggesting that I change to an isolation oriented routine and I was accepting your advice.

Currently, I'm doing a lot of pressing work, which is putting a damper on my arm workouts. So after thinking about what you said, I think that a twice a week isolation program for 2 months may help me with my son of a bitch chest.

Maki Riddington
12-03-2003, 11:32 PM
I did chest and a bit of shoulders. When I say "a bit of shoulders," I mean 3 sets of lateral raises.

I'm pretty tiered right now, I'm gonna head home and eat up the left over sushi my wife made for me and some ox tail and rice she just cooked up. Yum! It's weird, for the last 4 days I've had a non stop appetite. I guess it's due to stopping my EC stack. I was using it for the last 7-8 months.

WillKuenzel
12-03-2003, 11:54 PM
How often had you been taking the EC? 3 times a day, twice a day...?

Maki Riddington
12-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
How often had you been taking the EC? 3 times a day, twice a day...?

*** 2x's sometimes 3 x's a day.

I weighed in at 206.6 today. I guess all those carbs have finally caught up with me. I'm still super hungry though which is great since I'm going out for wings tonight. Yummmmmyyyyy.

Today I did hamstrings and back. Tomorrow it's arms.

Maki Riddington
12-08-2003, 10:31 PM
I have smoothed out quite a bit since introducing the glucophage into my diet. All in all I'm happy, my bowels are behaving and my appetite is great!
Other then getting quite drowsy after taking the stuff I think it's been helping me out.

Anyways, tonight it's shoulders, traps and a bit of quads.

chops
12-09-2003, 11:53 AM
All in all I'm happy, my bowels are behaving !

er...congrats? :p

Maki Riddington
12-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Er....smart ass? ;)

Maki Riddington
12-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Well I've been procrastinating on my leg workout which I was supposed to do yesterday but got talked into doing arms instead. So tonight was leg night but my workout partner got busted by the 5 0 so I decided to leave my legs alone tonight.

After last nights workout I realized that my forearms are severely weak and need to be worked on. So I'm gonna start pounding the living crap out of them so they can get well again. This week my cals have been low (2000-2400) but I don't care as I've gained some fat so some fat loss this week will help.

I've also almost decided on experimenting with this new substance called "Dada." It's very cheap and could allow me to work out for a longer then normal period of time at a higher intensity. I'll probably start it in the new year with 2 IM injections per week starting at 2cc's per shot.

This is what has been said about this substance.

"DADA 100 is can be used at any point in time. It will definately be very benificial during a cycle and/or post cycle. To sum up the properties of QFS DADA 100 (100mg/ml) :

-DADA provides muscular and hepatic system (liver) support

-DADA is a peripheral and cerebral arteriole vasodilator

-DADA has a lipotrophic action, reduces serum cholesterol, and enhances peripheral muscle perfusion due to it`s vasodilating action.

- DADA is a vasodilator of the vascular bed of striated muscle. The reduction in vascular resistance produced by this agent leads to an increase in blood flow, oxygen supply, and muscle perfusion. This increased blood flow leads to increased CO2 and lactic acid removal, reducing muscle fatigue and muscle damage during maximal work periods

The dosage is 1-3cc twice weekly via IM injection"

At the going price it's worth trying, however I will be doing a bit more research on it just for peace of mind.

Scott S
12-11-2003, 12:22 AM
When are you ever gonna start spelling "tired" correctly??

Oh, and good job bulking so far. You'll be up to 230 in no time.

chops
12-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Er....smart ass? ;)

*raises hand*

PowerManDL
12-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Maki you bodybuild too much.

Maki Riddington
12-11-2003, 05:32 PM
When are you ever gonna start spelling "tired" correctly??
QUOTE]

*** When I learn to spell properly.:)

[QUOTE]Maki you bodybuild too much.

*** I know, but I love it. Strength training is not in my blood........yet.

WillKuenzel
12-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Strength training is for those that don't have it. Those of us that do, we bodybuild. :p

Maki Riddington
12-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Preach on brotha!!!!!

PowerManDL
12-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Strength training is for those that don't have it. Those of us that do, we bodybuild. :p

It = small penis

/pwned

WillKuenzel
12-11-2003, 06:59 PM
I have to make up for it somehow. :(

Okay, yeah, I had nothing. Me = /pwned.

Maki Riddington
12-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Dude, what a let down. Never ever admit to a redneck that you've been /pwned

Maki Riddington
12-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Still no legs. I did back and chest today. I kept it quite short, but very intense.

5 sets for back and 5 sets for chest.

Tomorrow I will be taking a day off. This way I can do some christmas shopping.

Maki Riddington
12-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Weighed in today at 205.6 Due to low cals this past week I lost some weight.

Maki Riddington
12-13-2003, 10:09 PM
I weighed in today at 209.4. I fooled around between squats and becnh today. I basically just walked back in forth between the squat rack and the bench press. I was metabolically drained so I figured some low reps today would be fine which worked out great.

I did 7 sets for squats and 6 sets for bench press. Also, if you want a great abdominal workout, try doing paused (10 seconds in the bottom) front squats while trying to keep the back as straight as possible (while maintaining an arch).

Maki Riddington
12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Today it's some calves and arms.

One thing I've noticed lately is that my forearms are going numb. I think it may have to do with some nerves and my traps. My left shoulder is quite buggered and I've finally found out that it's due to one of my external rotators after doing some exercises. Also, my left trap becomes quite tight after an arm workout, shoulder, back or chest workout. Yesterday during shopping at the mall my forearms kept going numb. It was quite annoying.

If it keeps up I'll see my doc.

JeffWillConquer
12-15-2003, 06:02 PM
That sucks. I've never had anything go numb like that before, sounds kind of scary. Good luck with that, keep up the good work.

Maki Riddington
12-16-2003, 12:41 AM
Thanks Jeff.

Here's one pic I snapped tonight (exercise of the Month). The other one was me at 200 pounds. I'm at 210 right now. I figured my thread can't go without having one or two pics.

Maki Riddington
12-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Back at 210. As of January 1st I MUST start cutting.

fuzz
12-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Back looks good. Good size and I don't see any love handles at all, so I don't know why you think you need to start cutting.

Saint Patrick
12-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Lookin' ace maki. What weight do you plan on cutting to?

and how tall are you BTW

Maki Riddington
12-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Back looks good. Good size and I don't see any love handles at all, so I don't know why you think you need to start cutting.

*** I'm very smooth. If you look at my arms and my delts you can see that I am holding a quite a bit of my bodyfat there as well as in my chest region. I have no upper back muscles (rhomboids, mid traps) either. I'm sure though, with a bit of posing practice I could make my back look a bit better.

Lookin' ace maki. What weight do you plan on cutting to?and how tall are you BTW

*** 200. I hate going below 200. I will at some point do some cardio, but only HIIT. I'm 5'9 and a half. I carry most of my weight in my legs, that's why I feel I never seem to look my weight.

Maki Riddington
12-19-2003, 09:31 AM
I was up at 5:30 am this morning to train a client so I snuck my workout in as well. I've noticed that my forearms are very tight. I can't supinate my forearms so that I can get a good enough grip that allows me to perform a proper chin up. Meh!

Other then that, I weighed in at 212.4 this morning and my bodyfat is at 17.8% on the tanita scale. I'm gonna do my best to post and keep up my journal in the next week or so, but I'll be on holidays so I doubt I'll post much until I get back.

JustinF
12-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Looking good Maki. You look like my training partner, except taller. :D

Scott S
01-20-2004, 12:58 AM
How's the cutting going? :D

Stephen Riddington
01-20-2004, 01:10 AM
You know, you complain that I never update my journal, but look who's talking, bro.

BTW: How come you never come by mine. :(

Maki Riddington
01-20-2004, 01:23 AM
You know, you complain that I never update my journal, but look who's talking, bro.

BTW: How come you never come by mine. :(

*** I stopped because I'm cutting now. I finished my bulk and I said I'd stop posting once I was finsihed. And I do read your journal Steve, I just don't post.

I'm holding at about 205-206 and I've created a program that so far has been effective at putting on strength and keeping my muscle intact during my cut. I'll have to give it a whirl on a bulk and I'll most likely write an article for another site on this program. It's based on a 3 day whole body workout, ranging from a high rep, medium rep and low rep scheme.

I'm pretty confident about it's effectiveness.

Scott S
01-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Hmm... that sounds familiar. :D

briancurran01
01-20-2004, 01:26 PM
I have smoothed out quite a bit since introducing the glucophage into my diet. All in all I'm happy, my bowels are behaving and my appetite is great!
Other then getting quite drowsy after taking the stuff I think it's been helping me out.

Anyways, tonight it's shoulders, traps and a bit of quads.

Hey Maki.

I just wanted to let you know to be very careful with glucophage.I was taking it for my diabetes and it caused lactic acidosis which messed up my potassium levels (went up to 7.6 normal is 4.2) and messed up my kidneys. Not sure if you knew this already just wanted to let you know because it put me in the hospital for a week.

Bam Bam
01-20-2004, 03:04 PM
why dont you share this program about cuttin and preserving muscle mak

Maki Riddington
01-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey Maki.

I just wanted to let you know to be very careful with glucophage.I was taking it for my diabetes and it caused lactic acidosis which messed up my potassium levels (went up to 7.6 normal is 4.2) and messed up my kidneys. Not sure if you knew this already just wanted to let you know because it put me in the hospital for a week.

*** Thanks for the heads up, however I do research everything I put in my body. This time around I had no problems.

Maki Riddington
01-21-2004, 10:44 PM
why dont you share this program about cuttin and preserving muscle mak

NO! Actually I want to see what some of the stumbling blocks are of the program and how I can keep the poundage lifted in each session from stopping. Just like any other program, I need to verify the weak points and correct them so it can be used effectively.

Stephen Riddington
01-22-2004, 01:56 AM
NO! Actually I want to see what some of the stumbling blocks are of the program and how I can keep the poundage lifted in each session from stopping. Just like any other program, I need to verify the weak points and correct them so it can be used effectively.

I have never seen this part of Maki before--Maki the researcher.

chops
01-22-2004, 02:29 PM
i always wondered if that was you in the how-to deadlift video clip. now i know :)

Bam Bam
01-22-2004, 03:33 PM
someone is holding out on a cracka

Stephen Riddington
01-27-2004, 10:30 AM
What how-to deadlift clip???? :confused:

Anthony
01-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Just be sure to post that article before April!

Maki Riddington
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Lol. Well so far it seems that it's working more on my strength levels.

Anthony
02-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Cutting or not, I want to see some workouts!

chops
02-04-2004, 02:34 PM
What how-to deadlift clip???? :confused:

its not in the forums, from the wbb main page. one of the previous "excercise of the month" thingys.

Stephen Riddington
02-04-2004, 02:37 PM
I remember that, but I only saw pics, no clips.

chops
02-04-2004, 02:43 PM
faux pas. yep, u r right.