PDA

View Full Version : What diet would this be?

SUPERBOY
12-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Saw it in a news article from the editors of a slimming magazine. My first thought was just a very low calorie diet but the 3 women lost 3-4KG in the first week.

Breakfast: Half a grapefruit, a poached egg and two poached tomatoes.
Lunch: Large stuffed tomato with tuna and low fat cottage cheese and a fresh green salad.
Main Meal: Stir fried chicken, lots of vegetables.
Dessert: Mixed berries (fresh) and a low fat yogurt.

That was an example menu. What are your opinions? :)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
That's called the crap diet and should be avoided at all costs. And 4-5 pounds a MONTH is healthy fat loss. Look around at the stickies on this site and read, read, READ!

Unholy
12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Yea thats a ****ty diet. You just lose water weight the first few days. Thats how those 48 hour miracle diets work as well.

I have to disagree a bit with Scarz you can lose a bit more then 4-5 lbs a month and do it in a healthy fashion but 3-4 kilograms a week is not healthy at all and it wont happen after the first week or two on a diet like that.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
That was a general rule of thumb, not an absolute. I was just making the point that things should be taken slower and that 3-4 kilograms A WEEK is way too fast.

SUPERBOY
12-05-2006, 07:14 PM
On the technical side of things, what isnt healthy about the diet? I'm not doing it btw but from the article I'm sure alot of women will be following it this christmas :P

Unholy
12-05-2006, 07:16 PM
definatly agree

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-05-2006, 07:30 PM
On the technical side of things, what isnt healthy about the diet?Looks like very few calories, has barely any dietary fat (low fat is not healthy), because there is so few calories there's no variety in the diet, etc...

I'm not doing it btw but from the article I'm sure alot of women will be following it this christmas :PThat's the problem with these diets. And of course they lost 4-5 kilograms in a week. The diet barely has them eating anything. That 4-5 kilograms wasn't fat. It was fat/water weight/muscle... Not healthy.

SUPERBOY
12-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks all :D

Optimum08
12-06-2006, 12:29 AM
so that whole day could maybe pass as one meal for me. maybe two meals if im not too hungry.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-06-2006, 01:30 AM
:withstupi

RedSpikeyThing
12-06-2006, 09:31 AM
so that whole day could maybe pass as one meal for me. maybe two meals if im not too hungry.

It'd be a pretty good meal, though.